Haas d. [12] Gasquet 6-7 6-4 5-7 7-5 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Haas d. [12] Gasquet 6-7 6-4 5-7 7-5 6-2

scoobs
08-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah bye Richie - went away from it, 6-2 in the fifth - once again couldn't fight for it effectively.

silverwhite
08-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Never in doubt once it went to five. :yeah:

GuiroNl
08-26-2008, 09:32 PM
The whole match was either winners by Gasquet or UEs by Gasquet. He beat himself.

waterlily_021989
08-26-2008, 09:33 PM
:sad::sad:Richie,so much talent.His game is such a joy to watch when it's on,that backhand:hearts:but again,no fighting spirit,he let it slip away from him:sad::awww:

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Haasi you hero! :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
08-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Tommy :yeah: :D
expected win in 5

Bernard Black
08-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Hehe, I was happy whoever came through here. Just hope the fitness can hold up now for Haas. I love watching him play :)

As for Gasquet, better luck next year. There have certainly been signs once again of his potential, just hope he can begin fulfilling it soon.

l_mac
08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Hope my favourite Haasitard was able to watch this :D

Of course the British commentators are speculating that Gasquet lost because of the mental beating he took at Wimbledon. :rolleyes:

scoobs
08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
The whole match was either winners by Gasquet or UEs by Gasquet. He beat himself.
I guess that explains the 40 winners from Haas and the 47 UEs then :worship:

l_mac
08-26-2008, 09:36 PM

:lol:

Yeah, Haas did nothing the whole match :haha:

:retard:

edit: in agreement with scoobs again :eek:

~*BGT*~
Damn Damn Damn :fiery:

Ilovetheblues_86
Shitty draw for Gasquet.

~*BGT*~
I did get to enjoy one game. Thanks USA coverage. :hatoff:

RagingLamb
08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
nicely done by Haas.

scarecrows
08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Gasquet played well in some moments, it sucks that these 2 played in 1st round considering the mediocre players that are in R2 now and will play each other for R3

Clydey
08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Another brainless display from Gasquet. The kid just doesn't think on the court. I hate to say it, but Richie is nothing but a ball basher these days. He has the potential to be a whole lot more, but if he is content to just close his eyes and massacre the ball, he is simply a ball basher.

"I'm 3 metres behind the baseline. I think I'll go for a backhand winner".

Idiocy. The boy needs to get a grip. He needs to think about what he's doing. He's not Tursunov or Blake. He has far more talent, yet he doesn't bother to use it. Is there a reason why he's going for crazy, low percentage shots all the time? I'd go so far as to say that Blake and Tursunov put more thought into what they do on the court. Even Blake doesn't go for winner after winner when he should be looking to hit deep and set up the point.

oranges
08-26-2008, 09:39 PM
I hated this as the first round mathcup as soon as I saw it. :awww: :sad: guaranteed no matter who wins. What's worse, I didn't even get to see the match properly, switching from better quality stream that was unwatchable due to buffering every three seconds to the one that appeared just a medley of colors most of the time, so :awww: :sad: on that account too. Have a good run Tommy :tennis:

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Adrian will be sooooo happy. :p

Lurker011
08-26-2008, 09:40 PM
is it just me,or didnt the last set end 6-2?

richie21
08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Gasquet should play only on grass and stop playing on other surfaces: he just can't play well in other surfaces than Grass. .
To lose against a very poor Haas is laughable.
Gasquet's FH was once again on fire i guess :rolleyes:

GuiroNl
I guess that explains the 40 winners from Haas and the 47 UEs then :worship:

You never heard of figure of speech? My point was that Gasquet hit both more winners and more UEs than Haas.

Never mind. This is probably just a bit of the famed MTF sarcasm.

GlennMirnyi
Scooooobs! Last set was 6/2.

oranges
08-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Another brainless display from Gasquet.

:smash:

Truc
08-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Haas played a good match, but that was just a major brain cramp from Gasquet at the end of the 4th set and in the whole 5th set.

He had a bad draw, sure, but I think the decision to skip the Olympics was a big mistake because it put more pressure upon him and he really, really doesn't need that. His decision wasn't too popular in France, but people were like "well, if he goes far at the USO then...". He really needed to do well here and he knew it.
He completely fell apart mentally at the end, even for his standards it was shocking.

richie21
08-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Gasquet played well in some moments, it sucks that these 2 played in 1st round considering the mediocre players that are in R2 now and will play each other for R3

It's not an excuse: Haas was playing shite before this match and he didn't play any better against Gasquet(he will probably lose in 1 or 2 rounds).
Gasquet just sucks at the moment,he could have lost against a qualifier today with the way he was playing.

GuiroNl
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
:lol:
Yeah, Haas did nothing the whole match :haha:

:retard:

:)

Clydey
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
:smash:

Are you saying a lot of thought went into his performance today? You sure know your stuff.

Pfloyd
08-26-2008, 09:46 PM
:rolleyes:

selyoink
08-26-2008, 09:46 PM
How is Gasquet still ranked so high? What has he done this year other than Wimbledon and Canada QFs?

Deathless Mortal
08-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Haas :worship:

scoobs
08-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Scooooobs! Last set was 6/2.
That's...er...just my famed MTF sarcasm for you ;)

finishingmove
08-26-2008, 09:49 PM
both wanted to fuck themselves, gasquet was the one doing it right in the end.

shame it had to be him

Acer
08-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Awwww poor Gasquet : (

Truc
08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
How is Gasquet still ranked so high? What has he done this year other than Wimbledon and Canada QFs?The final of Stuttgart.
And in the ATP rankings he still has the points of the Masters Cup, the semi in Bercy, the title in Mumbai and the final in Tokyo.

MacTheKnife
08-26-2008, 09:52 PM
I did get to enjoy one game. Thanks USA coverage. :hatoff:

I agree 100%, but I hate it when two of my favorite guys to watch, Safin and Haas, are playing at the same time. At least they both won though.

Way to go Tommy.. :worship:

the biscuit
08-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Disappointing.

richie21
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Gasquet in choke mode in last few months anyways: lead 2 sets to love against Murray at Wimbledon and lost the match,lead 2 sets to 1 against Haas at US Open and lost the match.....

Clydey
08-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Gasquet in choking mode in last few months anyways: lead 2 sets to love against Murray at Wimbledon and lost the match,lead 2 sets to 1 against Haas at US Open and lost the match.....

I don't think he choked. I just don't think he can maintain his form and he keeps making bad choices. If he insists on going for low percentage shot after low percentage shot, he's going to lose.

oranges
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Are you saying a lot of thought went into his performance today? You sure know your stuff.

:smash: once again.

Surcouf
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
No no no !!! :o

The bad year continue.

+alonso
08-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Haas started very cautious while Gasquet put everything He had on the table.. then Haas executed his plan playing great tennis...while Richard was out of gas at the end..
Nice match! :cool:

BTW I hated those interruptions in USA network. They changed to Safin Spadea like every minute :lol: :o

Jelena
08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Shitty draw for Gasquet.
German journalists, not the tv reporters though, called it a shitty draw for Haas. And if not a shitty then at least a very hard one.

Clydey
08-26-2008, 10:25 PM
:smash: once again.

That's one way to lose an argument. Simply don't answer the question.

Nice debating skills, genius :)

Henry Chinaski
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
moonballer to ball basher. at least it's a step in the right direction. very entertaining to watch when he's playing like that.

Schu
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
DAMN RICHIE - If you only had a brain to go with those shots...

Thank You CCTV Live Stream :hatoff: for cutting off coverage of this match after the 3rd set!

Aurelien
08-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Another disappointment from Richie. I felt that he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure after skipping the Olympics, which was very a stupid decision in my opinion

bambelbitz
08-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Gasquet completely lost it in the final set, in the end Haas earned this victory!

Truc
08-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Haas started very cautious while Gasquet put everything He had on the table.. then Haas executed his plan playing great tennis...while Richard was out of gas at the end..Did you see the first set? Haas was having so many occasions, BP in almost every service game, served for the set... It rather was the opposite in the 1st set, Haas took a much better start.

And Gasquet didn't run out of gas, he's physically certainly stronger now than Haas and his bummed shoulder. It was a mental collapse.

oranges
08-26-2008, 10:41 PM
That's one way to lose an argument. Simply don't answer the question.

Nice debating skills, genius :)

What can I say, your arguments were all so much to the point I thought I was reading a wrong thread. You're right, he'll never have that awesome on-court intelligence of one Andy Murray and thank God for that. Happy now or would you like to really debate every single point in which it was a shining example of a fabricated argument. If so, I might even be willing to devote time to throughly deconstructing it.

PinkFeatherBoa
08-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Disappointing...Richard put too much empthasis on doing well here and in the end when it counted, it showed.

Well done to Tommy though, hope he can get on a good run here.

Andi-M
08-26-2008, 10:46 PM
This Gasquet is incredible. future GOAT

Clydey
08-26-2008, 10:52 PM
What can I say, your arguments were all so much to the point I thought I was reading a wrong thread. You're right, he'll never have that awesome on-court intelligence of one Andy Murray and thank God for that. Happy now or would you like to really debate every single point in which it was a shining example of a fabricated argument. If so, I might even be willing to devote time to throughly deconstructing it.

I said that it was a brainless display from Gasquet. It was. By all means rip apart that statement by highlighting Gasquet's well thought out game plan or his countless well constructed points. I shan't hold my breath.

He went for one absurd winner after another. When a player with Gasquet's ability resorts to going for winners from a mile behind the baseline, I'm inclined to call the performance "brainless". You are about the only one on here who would call his performance even remotely cerebral.

The floor is yours. I'm dying to see what you come up with to suggest that Gasquet played the right type of match.

HoistDaColors
08-26-2008, 10:59 PM
wow...i left after the third set thinking that was the end of haas after he df to give away the set. what a shocker, or maybe not. :shrug:

oranges
08-26-2008, 10:59 PM
I said that it was a brainless display from Gasquet. It was. By all means rip apart that statement by highlighting Gasquet's well thought out game plan or his countless well constructed points. I shan't hold my breath.

He went for one absurd winner after another. When a player with Gasquet's ability resorts to going for winners from a mile behind the baseline, I'm inclined to call the performance "brainless". You are about the only one on here who would call his performance even remotely cerebral.

The floor is yours. I'm dying to see what you come up with to suggest that Gasquet played the right type of match.

Not everyone is a junk baller and there is a whole spectrum between that and brainless game. You wanted to make that argument, so you fabricated a story to go with it, even though its not really different from the style that won him, among other things, a Monte Carlo match against Federer, the two against Murray or just about any other match that he ever won. End of story.

Deivid23
08-26-2008, 11:00 PM
What a fighter this Gasquet :eek:

Mishka Logvi
08-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Great Stuff Tommy! I Think you play 1\4 there! Shit-draw transforamte in good draw

richie21
08-26-2008, 11:06 PM
What a fighter this Gasquet :eek:

Yeah,he managed to take Haas into a fifth set.
He should be proud of himself.

Clydey
08-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Not everyone is a junk baller and there is a whole spectrum between that and brainless game. You wanted to make that argument, so you fabricated a story to go with it, even though its not really different from the style that won him, among other things, a Monte Carlo match against Federer, the two against Murray or just about any other match that he ever won. End of story.

I fabricated a story? I'm not sure you have a firm grasp of the English language, sir. I didn't even tell a story, let alone fabricate one. I said that Gasquet put in another brainless display. He just kept going for low percentage shots, even though he misses more often than not. That, as far as I'm concerned, was idiotic. Why would you go for winner after winner from a mile behind the baseline, when you could simply hit the ball deep, get into the point and try to win the point from a more favourable position?

Gasquet has been playing like that lately. He hasn't been thinking his way through matches. Just look at the match against Tursunov or the last two sets against Nadal. His tactics were idiotic. He was going for crazy leaping backhands from the most ridiculous positions on the court. It wasn't a good gameplan. To suggest it was is just silly, given that he keeps losing lately. Do you really think he should be losing to a burnt out Haas with a bum shoulder or a true ball basher like Tursunov? He is better than that and he needs to show patience when he's constructing a point.

~*BGT*~
08-26-2008, 11:12 PM
This Gasquet is incredible. future GOAT

Well, if we had Roitman first round... :o

richie21
08-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, if we had Roitman first round... :o

Andy would have destroyed the Haas i saw today as well so please ,enough with the supposedly tough draw excuse.
The draw had nothing to do with Gasquet's shoking performance today.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:24 PM
:sad::sad:Richie,so much talent.His game is such a joy to watch when it's on,that backhand:hearts:but again,no fighting spirit,he let it slip away from him:sad::awww:

Gasquet reminds of Bernard (the swimming dude who claimed he'd crush Phelps). He got the game but he chokes in big moments. It seems he'll never be a great player so I guess we have to get used to Gasquet being a sideshow like Santoro is.

oranges
08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
I fabricated a story? I'm not sure you have a firm grasp of the English language, sir. I didn't even tell a story, let alone fabricate one. I said that Gasquet put in another brainless display.

:smash::smash::smash:
He played his standard game, the same game that won him everything he ever won more or less. If you see it is brainless, it's your problem. On occasion, he'll go for more winners than would be considered prudent. Sadly for you, this was not one of those occasions, but you'll insist on it because you feel and sound good to yourslef making that argument, pretending at the same time that he was playing a wall and not another excellent shotmaker on the other side. I can't stop you. Go ahead.

richie21
08-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Gasquet reminds of Bernard (the swimming dude who claimed he'd crush Phelps). He got the game but he chokes in big moments. It seems he'll never be a great player so I guess we have to get used to Gasquet being a sideshow like Santoro is.

:eek::eek:::haha:

Are you talking about the same Bernard who won the Gold medal in the most famous event in Swimming(100m free style)??:haha:

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:28 PM
:eek::eek:::haha:

Are you talking about the same Bernard who won the Gold medal in the most famous event in Swimming(100m free style)??:haha:

Did he or did he not choke against Jason Lezak in that memorable relay? He was ahead by like 4 body lengths or something

richie21
08-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Did he or did he not choke against Jason Lezak in that memorable relay? He was ahead by like 4 body lengths or something

I don't think he cared that much about that event.
Obviously his main objective was the 100m free style.
Besides,where was Lezak in the 100m won by Bernard? :o

oranges
Andy would have destroyed the Haas i saw today as well so please ,enough with the supposedly tough draw excuse.
The draw had nothing to do with Gasquet's shoking performance today.

Wow, should we take this as your admiration for Murray, underestimation of Haas, worse stream than mine, or all three.

Voo de Mar
I heard Gasquet skipped Olympics to prepare himself to US Open very well. Before the match I saw him saying he is able to play semifinal in New York...

guy in sf
08-26-2008, 11:32 PM
I can't believe some of you still cling on to the notion of "physical fatique" when Gasquet loses a long and close match. I think that was definitely true 2 years ago when I lost to Hewitt at the open but it's really all mental now in my opinion. He has gotten better physically but mentally he's still the same. In fact, as he matures the mental part will be tougher because there is enormous pressure on him to improve on it, which he hasn't really shown yet.
Like always and especially lately, he seems to beat himself in the end.

I wonder if I can borrow Gasquet's backhand in between tournaments and when he goes on vacation, just to show off to friends and opponents.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't think he cared that much about that event.
Obviously his main objective was the 100m free style.
Besides,where was Lezak in the 100m won by Bernard? :o

Richie. That's my point really. Bernard is like 100 times more talented than Jason. Jason used to be choker himself so to see Bernard giving up that much of a lead against such a choker just shocked me. Don't get me wrong. I am not Phelps fan boy. The point I am trying to make is Gasquest is so talented but he loses inexplicably to people who have less talent in their whole body than he does in his one finger.

Jogy
08-26-2008, 11:38 PM
:banana: good Tommy! :worship:

Cloudygirl
08-26-2008, 11:40 PM
He just gives up. He needs to sort out his mental game or he will be the biggest waste of talent that has ever existed. He should be blasting Rafa etc off the Court.

Aurelien
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM

You must be kidding about Bernard :worship: Lezak just made the swim of his life this day thanks to the Bernard's wave(46'06 is just incredible).
Winning the 100m 2 days later really proved "he chokes in big moments"

And I don't see your point on comparing Santoro and Gasquet

richie21
08-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Gasquet is fucking great at hitting winners but his game in transition play is very poor and not solid enough and it all comes down to this awful forehand in transition play again.
So many times during his match against Haas,when he was hitting that forehand ,i was not wondering if this shot would hurt Haas ,not even if it would stay on the court but just if it would pass the net!
He has such a weird way to hit it during a normal rally......
When he goes for it with his FH ,no problem though,it looks pretty good but of course,he just can't do that too often as it's too risky

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:53 PM
You must be kidding about Bernard :worship: Lezak just made the swim of his life this day thanks to the Bernard's wave(46'06 is just incredible).
Winning the 100m 2 days later really proved "he chokes in big moments"

And I don't see your point on comparing Santoro and Gasquet

Listen. I am not trying to be hard on the Frenchmen. But I think Gasquet will be someone who people will show up to watch because of his flashy game than his results. He will definitely be better than Santoro career-wise but it seems he won't win a grand slam. I guess I should've used different people so it doesn't look like I am bashing the French cuz I absolutely love their athletes.

Merton
08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Excellent match to watch and quite even until the 5th set, when Richard folded. This year is a failure for Richard in terms of success at the slams, actually it might be a good wake up call to miss Shanghai and drop substantially in the rankings.

sheeter
08-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Hopefully USA shows the match. It's too bad Gasquet lost though. Dang.

vincayou
08-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Excellent match to watch and quite even until the 5th set, when Richard folded. This year is a failure for Richard in terms of success at the slams, actually it might be a good wake up call to miss Shanghai and drop substantially in the rankings.

I agree with everything. Last year was mediocre, but the Shanghai thing hided it. Next year he has to show up or shut up, he's not a promising youngster anymore, he's supposed to be at his peak.

richie21
08-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Listen. I am not trying to be hard on the Frenchmen. But I think Gasquet will be someone who people will show up to watch because of his flashy game than his results. He will definitely be better than Santoro career-wise but it seems he won't win a grand slam. I guess I should've used different people so it doesn't look like I am bashing the French cuz I absolutely love their athletes.

He'll win Wimbledon,mark my words.

Jelena
08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I heard Gasquet skipped Olympics to prepare himself to US Open very well. Before the match I saw him saying he is able to play semifinal in New York...
I heard that too. :unsure: Tommy used the preparation time obviously better.

Aurelien
08-27-2008, 12:11 AM

Yes, I think you should...I don't see why you had to talk about Bernard to express that idea. Anyway although I really like Richard's game, I agree with you and I don't think either he'll ever be able to win a grand slam : people shouldn't wait too much from Richard otherwise it may get painful with the time...

guy in sf
08-27-2008, 12:33 AM

I know that he's in a huge slump right now, not a single title so far this year, but with so much talent and he's only 22, how can you already count him out as a grand slam winner when he's got so much time on his side? I would bet with anyone that with his game, he will win WImbledon some day!

Neely
08-27-2008, 12:47 AM
:yeah: Good match of Tommy, but it wasn't that hard at all to win the fifth set.

richie21
08-27-2008, 12:55 AM
:yeah: Good match of Tommy, but it wasn't that hard at all to win the fifth set.

It's never hard to win a fifth set against Gasquet,unless you are named Roddick :o

Jelena
08-27-2008, 01:00 AM
I know that he's in a huge slump right now, not a single title so far this year, but with so much talent and he's only 22, how can you already count him out as a grand slam winner when he's got so much time on his side? I would bet with anyone that with his game, he will win WImbledon some day!
On the other hand he already started to play MS events regularily in 2005. Since then we hear: "He's such a promising player, he has such a beautiful game etc etc." I don't say he doesn't have it, but at this level where he is playing and where he wants to arrive some day, it's simply not enough to have a beautiful game. You (aka Gasquet) needs results to reach the level where so many see him already for three years.

richie21
08-27-2008, 01:04 AM
On the other hand he already started to play MS events regularily in 2005. Since then we hear: "He's such a promising player, he has such a beautiful game etc etc." I don't say he doesn't have it, but at this level where he is playing and where he wants to arrive some day, it's simply not enough to have a beautiful game.

To win Wimbledon,it's often enough though.
Wimbledon is probably the Grand Slam which requires the most talent and the least mental toughness,aka the reason why i think Gasquet will win it oneday(not to mention that his usual weaknesses are much less apparent on grass and that his strong points like his BH are enhanced on that surface)

You (aka Gasquet) needs results to reach the level where so many see him already for three years.

On grass,Gasquet has achieved results: GS 1/2 final(only stopped by Federer),2 titles.
Actually in the last 3 years,it needed players like Federer and Murray to beat him at Wimbledon.
He consistently plays well on grass which bodes well for his future on that surface.

Johnny Groove
08-27-2008, 01:08 AM

I hate when people say this :rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
08-27-2008, 01:23 AM
I comeserate with all those Gasquet fans who laughed when Muzza lost in 1st round of AO :hug:

hua hua hua!!

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 01:31 AM
To win Wimbledon,it's often enough though.
Wimbledon is probably the Grand Slam which requires the most talent and the least mental toughness,aka the reason why i think Gasquet will win it oneday(not to mention that his usual weaknesses are much less apparent on grass and that his strong points like his BH are enhanced on that surface)

Unfortunately, it seems Nadal will always be a factor on Green clay. I saw Murray get demolished by Nadal on Green Clay and that just showed me there is no one in this entire world that can beat Rafa on Grass when he plays so hot like that. Only Federer and Djokovic can possibly challenge him with Murray a distant fourth. Gasquet may reach a semis but will not beat Nadal, ever! And I am a Novak fan.

MaryX
08-27-2008, 02:45 AM
I feel so sorry for Gasquet :sad:

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-27-2008, 04:10 AM
Baby Fed Gaqket sure played his beautiful pansy ballet tennis today

and

of course crap like that will always lose.

Schu
08-27-2008, 04:19 AM
I comeserate with all those Gasquet fans who laughed when Muzza lost in 1st round of AO :hug:

hua hua hua!!

Yeah it sucks. We knew our time would come...

Well just look what Murray has done with the rest of his season - hope yet for Gasquet :scratch:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-27-2008, 05:14 AM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

Tommy :bigclap:

fast_clay
08-27-2008, 05:22 AM
just hacking away at the ball like he did in the closing stages of the match betrays the mentally weak make-up he owns... sure.. for most the game is up if they are realistic... but, at least look like you're in a match for its duration... its called being professional...

unfortunatley, i dont think the flashy brilliance will ever mask the weak nerve... i think he hit a roof in his career.... never any higher than #5...

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Gasquet is no good. he is like a rotten inside Apple. Looks good from the outside but has no backbone. He will be the next Blake

fast_clay
08-27-2008, 05:45 AM
yeah... it would appear that he has massive doubt at the clutch moments... i mean... tennis is not all about looking and feeling beautifull... u gotta win when you look shit and things are getting away... gotta street fight... even that other ball of fluff federer has that mongrel in him...

i think the rotten apple comparison is not far off... just a bit of emptiness inside when a match poses questions...

i'd hate to have richard next to me in a bar room brawl... i just know i'd have to tidy up his work as well..

leng jai
08-27-2008, 05:51 AM
Hope my favourite Haasitard was able to watch this :D

Of course the British commentators are speculating that Gasquet lost because of the mental beating he took at Wimbledon. :rolleyes:

No I didn't get to see this because I had work. I was actually late for work trying to get the livestream to work. I got to see one point, probably the best point of the match. Haasi double faulting to give away the third set :worship:

Never in doubt the gasgay tards would come in here and give Haasi zero credit for the win. I'll be getting this match later so I watch Haas "do absolutely nothing".

The best thing about this win: Bilbo can't use his favourite line "IMO Haas should call it a career".

scarecrows
08-27-2008, 05:59 AM
No I didn't get to see this because I had work. I was actually late for work trying to get the livestream to work. I got to see one point, probably the best point of the match. Haasi double faulting to give away the third set :worship:

Never in doubt the gasgay tards would come in here and give Haasi zero credit for the win. I'll be getting this match later so I watch Haas "do absolutely nothing".

The best thing about this win: Bilbo can't use his favourite line "IMO Haas should call it a career".

you seem a big fan of Haas, leng jai

*Jean*
08-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Disappointing loss Richy :sad:

leng jai
08-27-2008, 06:12 AM

Scarecrows you seem like clever guy, ASL?

Clydey
08-27-2008, 07:09 AM

Calling leng jai a mere fan of Haas is an understatement. It's an infatuation. Haas should really sleep with one eye open. You never know when leng jai will strike, like a crazed stalker, clutching a photo of Christian Bale in one hand and wielding a machete in the other. Just thinking about it makes me shudder. Tommy won't even see it coming...

HeretiC
08-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Nice match, as expected. Gasquet was the one risking it more and that worked for some time - he was leading. But once they got into fifth-it was just a matter of time when he will lose it. He is still kinda low when it comes to confidence. Congrats to Haas for keeping his head clear on constant basis through the whole match.

Tommy fan
08-27-2008, 08:24 AM
WD Tommy!! :)
It was pretty good match until the 5th when Gasqet fell apart

Poor Richard though. what a shitty draw :(

Action Jackson
08-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Good work Haasi.

Beat
08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
nooooooooooooo... :sad:

krystlel
08-27-2008, 08:55 AM
The match was mostly evenly contested until the fifth set where Gasquet started swinging hard for his shots without much thought or belief. There were some good rallies with both players going for their shots and coming to the net quite often, as expected although both players were a bit inconsistent also.

fadou
08-27-2008, 09:23 AM
i'm really dissappointed by gasquet :sad: even if i love the eurosport title: Gasquet "Haasphyxiated" :devil:

Langers
08-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Hahahaha Gasquet! :haha: :cuckoo: :retard:

Haas. :yeah:

Sheepy
08-27-2008, 10:01 AM
:woohoo: Tommy!

Lopez
08-27-2008, 11:34 AM
I've been wondering for a while now, what's Gasquet's forehand grip? To me it looks eastern, or even continental. Unconvential in it's conventionality :). Does anyone know?

leng jai
08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
I've been wondering for a while now, what's Gasquet's forehand grip? To me it looks eastern, or even continental. Unconvential in it's conventionality :). Does anyone know?

WTA grip.

Horatio Caine
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
How is Gasquet still ranked so high? What has he done this year other than Wimbledon and Canada QFs?

This is where the Race standings start to become more relevant. ;)

At the moment he is projected to finish the year outside the top 20.

Horatio Caine
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Honestly, that was a pathetic display by Gasquet towards the end. I thought Haas played to a consistently good standard, but the old Gasquet would have got by...really don't know what is going on with him these days. I sensed some improvement in him over the early summer...had been playing a little more positively after being so passive on the clay...but now a mindless ball-basher (worse than Tursunov)? Someone needs to slap some sense into him, and I thought a new coach (he's been working with him/them for a month or more by now, right?) would have done this by now.

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Haas is not a good enough player these days to beat the likes of Gasquet. That's why I made that Jason Lezak Bernad comparison. Haas is a solid player but he should have no business beating top 10, 15 players. But I guess Roddick, Blake, and Murray are top 10 and they have all lost to him recently (though Murray beat him easy last time).

EnriqueIG8
08-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Richie is such a mental midget, too bad cuz the guy's got talent.

leng jai
08-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Haas is not a good enough player these days to beat the likes of Gasquet. That's why I made that Jason Lezak Bernad comparison. Haas is a solid player but he should have no business beating top 10, 15 players. But I guess Roddick, Blake, and Murray are top 10 and they have all lost to him recently (though Murray beat him easy last time).

Haas has beaten Murray, Roddick, Youzhny, Gasquet, Steps on grass and pushed Nadull in one of his worst years on tour in his career and somehow he has no business beating top 15 players. MTF logic at its finest.

l_mac
08-28-2008, 01:46 AM

Scarecrows you seem like clever guy, ASL?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Shame I cannot rep either of you.

oranges
08-28-2008, 01:48 AM
Haas has beaten Murray, Roddick, Youzhny, Gasquet, Steps on grass and pushed Nadull in one of his worst years on tour in his career and somehow he has no business beating top 15 players. MTF logic at its finest.

:lol: They will fine him and deduct points whenever he beats one because he has no business doing it.

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Haas ia gate guardian. He will never win a big one against top players. He beats chokers like Safin, Gasquet, and the win over Murray was when Murray wasn't at his best. Don't even say guys like Blake or Roddick count. But Haas won't beat the top 3 anytime soon and he was utterly dominated by Murray

Bernard Black
08-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Haas ia gate guardian. He will never win a big one against top players. He beats chokers like Safin, Gasquet, and the win over Murray was when Murray wasn't at his best. Don't even say guys like Blake or Roddick count. But Haas won't beat the top 3 anytime soon and he was utterly dominated by Murray

We get it, you don't like Haas. Can you get over it? Of course he's reaching the twilight of his career but unless you've only been watching tennis a few weeks you can't deny Haas is a great player.

l_mac
08-28-2008, 02:04 AM
We get it, you don't like Haas. Can you get over it? Of course he's reaching the twilight of his career but unless you've only been watching tennis a few weeks you can't deny Haas is a great player.

:haha:

leng jai
08-28-2008, 02:07 AM

Why do you keep saying Haas beat Murray when he wasn't at this best and then keep saying Murray dominated him on his home slam when Haas was nowhere near his best? Did your mother name you Captain Hypocrite when you were born?

Bernard Black
08-28-2008, 02:08 AM
:haha:

Just block my posts if you think I talk rubbish. I would appreciate it :)

l_mac
08-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Just block my posts if you think I talk rubbish. I would appreciate it :)

:sad: Don't be hating.

oranges
08-28-2008, 02:12 AM

:haha: I don't know which parts of this rant are more hilarious :haha:

Bernard Black
08-28-2008, 02:21 AM
:sad: Don't be hating.

No worries mate, I was just baiting you :hug:

Not a Haas fan then? What can I say, he has a game I enjoy watching unlike certain other players who I won't name ;)

l_mac
08-28-2008, 02:23 AM
No worries mate, I was just baiting you :hug:

Not a Haas fan then? What can I say, he has a game I enjoy watching unlike certain other players who I won't name ;)

I am neutral. I was hoping he would beat Gasquet because I think leng jai needed this win.

I was just smiling at your post.

Bernard Black
08-28-2008, 02:28 AM
I am neutral. I was hoping he would beat Gasquet because I think leng jai needed this win.

I was just smiling at your post.

I'm no Clay Death, but I do aim to preach the gospel of truth :p

Tommy_Vercetti
08-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Good, I shall never forgive him for getting Donald Young into the third round at the U.S. Open last year.