Roddick Fires Roddick, Hires McEnroe [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick Fires Roddick, Hires McEnroe

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 04:50 AM
I am stunned but John McEnroe just said live on TV that Andy has hired Patrick as his new coach and he is no LONGER working with John Roddick. John Roddick's posts seems to have been removed from Andy's site. Wow!

The Freak
08-26-2008, 04:58 AM
How about Donald Young? :eek:
He's firing winners everywhere.

~*BGT*~
08-26-2008, 05:01 AM
:secret: Shhh!!! about Young, at least for another hour. :angel:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:01 AM
That's not accurate. All they said was that John is not working with Andy in New York. Maybe my hearing failed me but I do not think they said that Andy had fired John. All previous reports (which started flying around a few days ago) are that this thing with Pmac is purely a trial run right now for the USO. Pmac is way too busy (and his wife is expecting twins on top of all his professional duties) to be his full-time coach.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 05:03 AM
That's not accurate. All they said was that John is not working with Andy in New York. Maybe my hearing failed me but I do not think they said that Andy had fired John. All previous reports (which started flying around a few days ago) are that this thing with Pmac is purely a trial run right now for the USO. Pmac is way too busy (and his wife is expecting twins on top of all his professional duties) to be his full-time coach.

Go to Andy Roddick's site. John seems to have vanished there.

JimmyV
08-26-2008, 05:06 AM
Good. Lord knows he needs to change something, unless losing to players like Troicki is all part of the master plan.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:07 AM
Go to Andy Roddick's site. John seems to have vanished there.his site's all messed up - the last update they have from Doug Spreen is from like Queens, even though before the layout changed he had just written in the other day from NY. John's his brother, even if he's not officially coaching andy anymore (like when Andy worked with Dean Golfine and Connors), John is still there, John has always been there and will always be there, even if he is not his "coach" as listed on the ATP site or sitting in his box. Barring some huge change in his life, there is no way Pmac could travel with him very much at all, even as much as Jimmy did (and even then, John was always there). PMac does too many things and has already cut back on his TV duties. There's just no way it's permanent. Don't get me wrong, John was obviously not really helping him and Pmac knows him and his game as well as anyone so maybe it's a good idea, I just don't think this is the case and it's NOT what they said on TV and it's NOT what Pmac himself said the other day on CBS during the New Haven women's final.

~*BGT*~
08-26-2008, 05:11 AM
Note to cyrusking: trust anything Deb says about Andy because she's right. Seriously, she knows her shiz. :yeah:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:12 AM
It's got nothing to do about what I know, I just listened to what PMac said the other day and these guys said tonight, and it's clear that they never said Andy fired John or that he hired Pmac for anything beyond this tournament :lol: Maybe I misheard, if someone actually said he fired John, say so, but it's not what I thought I heard :lol:

Chip_s_m
08-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Isn't Pmac taking over a top coaching position for the USTA, too? I feel like I read that somewhere but can't seem to remember where.

JimmyV
08-26-2008, 05:14 AM
Even if it's not true Roddick really does need to get a coach.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:14 AM
Even if it's not true Roddick really does need to get a coach.Fact.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Well. the other dude next to Johnny Mac said it clearly as far as I am concerned

Fee
08-26-2008, 05:30 AM
Yeah, he did. Ted Robinson said that John wasn't coaching him anymore, but he didn't really sound sure and even John Mc said that didn't sound right to him because PMac already had too many things going on. I suspect now that its out there, the Roddick camp will issue a statement to clarify exactly what is going on.

JMac never does any research before he goes on the air (which he should be embarrassed about, but that's a different thread), and Ted Robinson repeats rumors far too often. Take it with a grain of salt until someone with real knowledge says something more definitive.

Cyrus, you hate Roddick, why do you care enough who is coaching him to start a thread about it?

kalisita
08-26-2008, 05:33 AM
It's got nothing to do about what I know, I just listened to what PMac said the other day and these guys said tonight, and it's clear that they never said Andy fired John or that he hired Pmac for anything beyond this tournament :lol: Maybe I misheard, if someone actually said he fired John, say so, but it's not what I thought I heard :lol:

I don't think the word "fired" was mentioned but it was said that they were no longer working together. That surprised me because I thought this was just a temporary thing at the USO. It sounded to me that neither Ted or Mac really knew what was going on. But they did seem to think that the coaching relationship between Andy and John was done and that PMac might take over. (It always surprises me how Mac doesn't seem to really know what his brother is doing, but still comments on it)

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:33 AM
Take it with a grain of salt until someone with real knowledge says something more definitive.PMac said very very clearly the other day that they are "seeing how it goes" - even if he's not working with John anymore, the arrangement with PMac is definitely NOT permanent, enough different people have said that so it can be pretty well assumed to be true at this point.

Ted Robinson was also commentating platform diving about 2 days ago. :lol:I don't think the word "fired" was mentioned but it was said that they were no longer working together. That surprised me because I thought this was just a temporary thing at the USO. It sounded to me that neither Ted or Mac really knew what was going on. But they did seem to think that the coaching relationship between Andy and John was done and that PMac might take over. (It always surprises me how Mac doesn't seem to really know what his brother is doing, but still comments on it)OK, thank you. I guess it's just my nature to not read into things so when things sound unclear to me, I assume the status quo applies. And it definitely did not sound like a sure thing to me at all :lol:

Anyway, I am sure they'll ask him on Wednesday after he plays. They should've asked him when he gave his press conference the other day, but ah well.

~*BGT*~
08-26-2008, 05:37 AM
PMac said very very clearly the other day that they are "seeing how it goes" - even if he's not working with John anymore, the arrangement with PMac is definitely NOT permanent, enough different people have said that so it can be pretty well assumed to be true at this point.

Ted Robinson was also commentating platform diving about 2 days ago. :lol:OK, thank you. I guess it's just my nature to not read into things so when things sound unclear to me, I assume the status quo applies. And it definitely did not sound like a sure thing to me at all :lol:

Anyway, I am sure they'll ask him on Wednesday after he plays. They should've asked him when he gave his press conference the other day, but ah well.

:lol: I was gonna say the exact same thing but I only watched springboard.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:38 AM
:lol: I was gonna say the exact same thing but I only watched springboard.yeah he did all the diving ;) and the last platform one was like 2 days ago (US time). So, grains of salt indeed. In fact, it's questionable how long he's even been in NYC for :lol:

~*BGT*~
08-26-2008, 05:42 AM
yeah he did all the diving ;) and the last platform one was like 2 days ago (US time). So, grains of salt indeed. In fact, it's questionable how long he's even been in NYC for :lol:

Did he even leave? :shrug: I don't remember who but some were doing commentary while still in the states.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 05:42 AM
Yeah, he did. Ted Robinson said that John wasn't coaching him anymore, but he didn't really sound sure and even John Mc said that didn't sound right to him because PMac already had too many things going on. I suspect now that its out there, the Roddick camp will issue a statement to clarify exactly what is going on.

JMac never does any research before he goes on the air (which he should be embarrassed about, but that's a different thread), and Ted Robinson repeats rumors far too often. Take it with a grain of salt until someone with real knowledge says something more definitive.

Cyrus, you hate Roddick, why do you care enough who is coaching him to start a thread about it?

Just because I started a thread on the most overrated American doesn't mean I hate Roddick. God knows Blake was so close to taking over that title from Roddick tonight

tangerine_dream
08-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Roddick is overrated because you insist on visiting his website every day and starting threads about him every day. Even I don't do that.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Did he even leave? :shrug: I don't remember who but some were doing commentary while still in the states.Yeah he was in Beijing because he was talking about seeing a Yonex badminton stringing shop somewhere in Beijing. and that he arrived at the airport around the same time as Rafa did and how crazy the crowds for Rafa were and I am sure they showed him at least once or twice during something he was commentating

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 05:52 AM
Roddick is overrated because you insist on visiting his website every day and starting threads about him every day. Even I don't do that.

Dude I checked his site once really before tonight. John and Ted said that thing about his new coach and I wanted to figure out if there has been a statement. I don't love or hate Roddick per se. I do like seeing him lose though.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:53 AM
I don't love or hate Roddick per se. I do like seeing him lose though.:rolls: :haha: :lol: :spit:

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 06:01 AM
:rolls: :haha: :lol: :spit:

Seriously though. There has never been a worse time for American Tennis. A bunch of mugs dressed up as Gladiators go out and put a stinky on the court tournament after tournament. Blake had another five setter this year. We all know how he ran out of gas last year. Roddick? He hasn't even played yet but he is already getting ready for AO 09. I can only hope that Roddick sleeps well tonight, after that freak accident at Cincy.

Fee
08-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Just because I started a thread on the most overrated American doesn't mean I hate Roddick. God knows Blake was so close to taking over that title from Roddick tonight

Of course not, but there have been other clues in your posts.

... I do like seeing him lose though.

Like that one.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Of course not, but there have been other clues in your posts.

Like that one.

Again, I don't hate Roddick. I just think seeing him lose is more fun than him winning. It's absolutely nothing personal.

Winston's Human
08-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Again, I don't hate Roddick. I just think seeing him lose is more fun than him winning. It's absolutely nothing personal.

I guess it will be even "more fun" when Roddick and Blake drop out of the top 10 (with no US players replacing them), and US tennis television coverage becomes even more minimal and tape-delayed.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
I guess it will be even "more fun" when Roddick and Blake drop out of the top 10 (with no US players replacing them), and US tennis television coverage becomes even more minimal and tape-delayed.

Do you honestly believe that we get to see any tennis once top women start playing each other? Sharapova, Serena or Venus' matches always get shown in expense of Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic's matches. Maria is not here but there is always Ivanoic or Jankovic to feel the gap.

EnriqueIG8
08-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Great thing for A-Rod.

Fumus
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Solid troll attempt with this thread.

Cyrus, there's a Roddick forum for these discussions, if you had gone there you would know that Andy did not fire John he's just not with him at the Open, (II) PMac is just working with Andy at the Open before Andy gets something more permanent.

Clara Bow
08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Sorry to ask what is an idiotic question, but even though PMac is not Andy's permanent coach it got me thinking. Can someone be a DC coach and also be a permanent coach of one of the Davis Cup team members? I know that Wilander has worked as a coach while also serving as Sweden's DC coach but his permanent gigs were not for Swedish DC players.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Solid troll attempt with this thread.

Cyrus, there's a Roddick forum for these discussions, if you had gone there you would know that Andy did not fire John he's just not with him at the Open, (II) PMac is just working with Andy at the Open before Andy gets something more permanent.

I just repeated what was said on TV. Why everything looks trollish to you? I just heard it on TV and thought I'd share it. Jeez!

Lee
08-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry to ask what is an idiotic question, but even though PMac is not Andy's permanent coach it got me thinking. Can someone be a DC coach and also be a permanent coach of one of the Davis Cup team members? I know that Wilander has worked as a coach while also serving as Sweden's DC coach but his permanent gigs were not for Swedish DC players.

I think Patrik Kuhnen was coach to Tommy Haas for a short period of time when he's team captain for Germany's DC team.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Sorry to ask what is an idiotic question, but even though PMac is not Andy's permanent coach it got me thinking. Can someone be a DC coach and also be a permanent coach of one of the Davis Cup team members? I know that Wilander has worked as a coach while also serving as Sweden's DC coach but his permanent gigs were not for Swedish DC players.Not an idiotic question at all.... is/wasn't berdych's coach the captain of the Czech team at the same time? I believe it's possible, I don't know of any rules against it, so hopefully if there are someone will post them. Also, Andy's trainer Doug Spreen is the US Davis Cup team trainer. I can definitely see where it could get a little shady, not so much with Andy right now b/c he's pretty much always going to be picked as long as he wants to be, but what if PMac were coaching Fish or Querrey or Ginepri, guys who want to be on the team..... then it could be a strange conflict of interest.

in this case I just don't think PMac has the time to be andy's permanent coach. He has a little girl and twins on the way. He's the DC captain and a T Commentator at least sometimes, and he's also the director of the USTA high preformance development or something or other meant to help find new young american talent, so he just has an awful lot going on.

Fumus
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
I just repeated what was said on TV. Why everything looks trollish to you? I just heard it on TV and thought I'd share it. Jeez!

:zzz:

Do a forum search this had already been discussed.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=75958&page=45

Your title is purposely phrased in a misleading manner in an attempt to create negative conjecture; therefore this is a troll attempt because no one said anyone was fired or hired last night.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:22 PM
:zzz:

Do a forum search this had already been discussed.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=75958&page=45

Your title is purposely phrased in a misleading manner in an attempt to create negative conjecture; therefore this is a troll attempt because no one said anyone was fired or hired last night.

You are obviously a die-hard Roddick fan. I feel sorry for your player.

Fee
08-26-2008, 11:35 PM
You are obviously a die-hard Roddick fan. I feel sorry for your player.

You feel sorry for a guy like Roddick? Why? Even he would say that's just silly. Earlier this week he said his worst day is like someone else's best day and he can't complain about his life at all. I'm sure he would not want you to feel sorry for him at all.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:41 PM
You feel sorry for a guy like Roddick? Why? Even he would say that's just silly. Earlier this week he said his worst day is like someone else's best day and he can't complain about his life at all. I'm sure he would not want you to feel sorry for him at all.

Well. I think he is delusional. He won that U.S. Open and he could've been a Lebron if he had 8 or 10 slams. But with one slam, even the American media doesn't pay too much attention to him. I don't feel sorry for him cuz he has a hot girlfriend or is a millionaire. But for how he has fallen in recent years.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 11:45 PM
ESPN.com published an article, again reiterated that this arrangement with PMac is not permanent, and that they hope to have a permanent coach by the end of the year.

Fee
08-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Well. I think he is delusional. He won that U.S. Open and he could've been a Lebron if he had 8 or 10 slams. But with one slam, even the American media doesn't pay too much attention to him. I don't feel sorry for him cuz he has a hot girlfriend or is a millionaire. But for how he has fallen in recent years.

Oh right, because on MTF if you are not the number one player in the world, then you are a complete mug. So he's slipped a bit in the rankings, whoopie. He's still got some pretty decent results this year despite the injury (that I think is being completely downplayed by his camp), and I can think of about 70 players who would probably switch places with him. I don't see how he's delusional, he's a tennis player, he's still competitive and he's still striving for the top. That's his job. You might want to save that pity/sympathy for someone who really needs it.

You sure seem to spend a lot of energy thinking about him, though. Seriously, you are welcome to come join the discussion in Duck nation anytime. We're smarter than you think we are. :)

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:47 PM
ESPN.com published an article, again reiterated that this arrangement with PMac is not permanent, and that they hope to have a permanent coach by the end of the year.

But what about John Roddick? He seems he is totally out of the picture. Maybe he is pissed? Did Roddick asked Doug to call John and dismiss him like he did with Brad?

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh right, because on MTF if you are not the number one player in the world, then you are a complete mug. So he's slipped a bit in the rankings, whoopie. He's still got some pretty decent results this year despite the injury (that I think is being completely downplayed by his camp), and I can think of about 70 players who would probably switch places with him. I don't see how he's delusional, he's a tennis player, he's still competitive and he's still striving for the top. That's his job. You might want to save that pity/sympathy for someone who really needs it.

You sure seem to spend a lot of energy thinking about him, though. Seriously, you are welcome to come join the discussion in Duck nation anytime. We're smarter than you think we are. :)

Fee. In tennis, you are either a winner or loser. Right Now, Roddick looks like a loser to me. I mean even Oscar Hernandez wouldn't lose to Troicki

Fee
08-26-2008, 11:55 PM
But what about John Roddick? He seems he is totally out of the picture. Maybe he is pissed? Did Roddick asked Doug to call John and dismiss him like he did with Brad?

Oh please. Doug wasnt the one who fired Brad. Where on earth did you hear that? What evidence do you have that John is totally out of the picture and so what if he is? He's still his brother.

Fee. In tennis, you are either a winner or loser. Right Now, Roddick looks like a loser to me. I mean even Oscar Hernandez wouldn't lose to Troicki

No, that is only true for tennis fans on MTF. Tennis players are smarter than that. Andy loses to all kinds of strange people, then beats 2 and 3 to win a title. Go figure.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2008, 11:55 PM
But what about John Roddick? He seems he is totally out of the picture. Maybe he is pissed? Did Roddick asked Doug to call John and dismiss him like he did with Brad?This has happened before man. John's been with Andy several times throughout his career. I guarantee you there isn't bad blood between them, there was no big bad firing or people pissed off or anything else you can dream up. John's wife is andy's publicist, john has a tennis academy in San Antonio, they have lives, it's not like John's life revolves around Andy. I don't know why you feel this need to imagine some kind of bad blood or drama, but I don't really think it's there.

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh please. Doug wasnt the one who fired Brad. Where on earth did you hear that? What evidence do you have that John is totally out of the picture and so what if he is? He's still his brother.

No, that is only true for tennis fans on MTF. Tennis players are smarter than that. Andy loses to all kinds of strange people, then beats 2 and 3 to win a title. Go figure.

Well. I don't have any hard evidence really but maybe you are right. What American tennis needs right now is some drama and I feel I am contributing to that :)

SheepleBuster
08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
This has happened before man. John's been with Andy several times throughout his career. I guarantee you there isn't bad blood between them, there was no big bad firing or people pissed off or anything else you can dream up. John's wife is andy's publicist, john has a tennis academy in San Antonio, they have lives, it's not like John's life revolves around Andy. I don't know why you feel this need to imagine some kind of bad blood or drama, but I don't really think it's there.

I guess you know Roddick more than I do. But the way McEnroe put it yesterday felt like that. I hope he and John are OK. Having said that, no one on earth can save Roddick from this hell. He is now officially a half dimensional guy. His is a first serve guy. Take that away and he loses.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Well. I don't have any hard evidence really but maybe you are right. What American tennis needs right now is some drama and I feel I am contributing to that :)No, you're making up drama that almost certainly doesn't exist :lol:

thrust
08-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Good. Lord knows he needs to change something, unless losing to players like Troicki is all part of the master plan.

Correct!

Merton
08-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Well. I don't have any hard evidence really but maybe you are right. What American tennis needs right now is some drama and I feel I am contributing to that :)

:wavey: Luke Jensen. Impressive job commentating and posting here at the same time. :hatoff:

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 12:09 AM
:wavey: Luke Jensen. Impressive job commentating and posting here at the same time. :hatoff:

I am not making the story up. Anybody who listened to John McEnroe yesterday probably heard it too. Having said that, I am not suggesting by any means that I know for sure what happened between John and Andy. I checked the guy's site and John is removed from the coaches corner and all his posts are not there anymore. Then you guys accused me of being a Roddick fan boy for checking his site :) Now If I wanted to add drama, I would make up a story about John and Brook or things like that but I was just reporting what Ted the diving collins and John the rampage McEnore were saying.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 12:15 AM
I am not making the story up. Anybody who listened to John McEnroe yesterday probably heard it too.I heard it. I heard no suggestion of angry firing or any kind of drama whatsoever, merely that John was not in NY with Andy. Anything you interpreted out of that was your own interpretation. Having said that, I am not suggesting by any means that I know for sure what happened between John and Andy.Yeah, you kinda are :lol: I checked the guy's site and John is removed from the coaches corner and all his posts are not there anymore.oh really? http://www.andyroddick.com/news/coachs-corner/ I was just reporting what Ted the diving collins and John the rampage McEnore were saying.No, you greatly exaggerated what they said. And it's Robinson. Ted Robinson.

scoobs
08-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Is there any factual basis for this thread at all, or is it a nice fairystory?

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Sort of. Andy's not working with John anymore - it seems. John is definitely not in NY, we know that is true. Andy is definitely working with PMac on a VERY temporary basis during the USO. That is fact - USA network even showed him overseeing his hit today with his trainer doug. Greg Garber from ESPN says the Roddick Camp wants to have a "new coach" in place by the end of the season. That is all. as for the drama, there's the fairytale ;)

Fee
08-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Is there any factual basis for this thread at all, or is it a nice fairystory?

Pretty much. It's basically Ted Robinson, fresh off a plane from Beijing, repeating rumors and half truths, and John McEnroe, who demonstrated today that he has no clue what the foot fault rule is, being completely surprised that his own brother is working with Andy. Apparently the McEnroe brothers dont talk regularly and the older doesn't even read headlines before he goes on the air. It was one flip comment that cyrusking (who hates Andy or has some other type of fascination with him) decided to earn some v-cash with.

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Sort of. Andy's not working with John anymore - it seems. John is definitely not in NY, we know that is true. Andy is definitely working with PMac on a VERY temporary basis during the USO. That is fact - USA network even showed him overseeing his hit today with his trainer doug. Greg Garber from ESPN says the Roddick Camp wants to have a "new coach" in place by the end of the season. That is all. as for the drama, there's the fairytale ;)

McEnroe looked he was really nervous. I mean I am not even sure the guy can coach. Davis cup results have been OK, but I am not sure he is up for coaching a top player

Fee
08-27-2008, 12:31 AM
McEnroe looked he was really nervous. I mean I am not even sure the guy can coach. Davis cup results have been OK, but I am not sure he is up for coaching a top player

I'm sure he will do just fine for two weeks (or whatever it is, considering Andy's draw).

Nice of you to call Andy a 'top player'. Really, you can come join us in the Andy forum, we welcome the converted as well. :)

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 12:35 AM
McEnroe looked he was really nervous. I mean I am not even sure the guy can coach. Davis cup results have been OK, but I am not sure he is up for coaching a top playerWTF? :lol: they showed him for about 3 seconds, that was enough to determine that he looked nervous? He stood next to Doug with his arms crossed watching Andy hit. Wow, you are clairvoyant, omniscient, and now a mind-reader too :worship:

Have you listened to the guy commentate? He knows Andy's game and he knows what Andy needs to do to be successful. He can't control whether Andy listens to him; that's out of his hands really.

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Pretty much. It's basically Ted Robinson, fresh off a plane from Beijing, repeating rumors and half truths, and John McEnroe, who demonstrated today that he has no clue what the foot fault rule is, being completely surprised that his own brother is working with Andy. Apparently the McEnroe brothers dont talk regularly and the older doesn't even read headlines before he goes on the air. It was one flip comment that cyrusking (who hates Andy or has some other type of fascination with him) decided to earn some v-cash with.

Dude, you are gonna laugh at me, but I don't know what vcash is. I really don't.

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 01:36 AM
WTF? :lol: they showed him for about 3 seconds, that was enough to determine that he looked nervous? He stood next to Doug with his arms crossed watching Andy hit. Wow, you are clairvoyant, omniscient, and now a mind-reader too :worship:

Have you listened to the guy commentate? He knows Andy's game and he knows what Andy needs to do to be successful. He can't control whether Andy listens to him; that's out of his hands really.

He was biting his lips. But really. Andy knows all the strategy but the coach can't fix the court positioning or when Andy makes dumb decisions or doesn't get the serve in. Everybody knows what Nadal's or Federer's weaknesses are but not everyone can execute like they have to. Roddick is the exact opposite. He knows he needs to attack and do this and that but he never actually gets it right it seems.

Fee
08-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Dude, you are gonna laugh at me, but I don't know what vcash is. I really don't.

Nah, I'm not going to laugh at you (for that reason). I'm not a dude, and v-cash is now called 'credits'. Its that money under your name, and you get it for posts and threads and stuff (but I'm only teasing you about wanting to make more of it).

He was biting his lips. But really. Andy knows all the strategy but the coach can't fix the court positioning or when Andy makes dumb decisions or doesn't get the serve in. Everybody knows what Nadal's or Federer's weaknesses are but not everyone can execute like they have to. Roddick is the exact opposite. He knows he needs to attack and do this and that but he never actually gets it right it seems.

3 seconds of biting his lips? That really doesnt mean anything at all (except that he's out of good lip balm and that one tiny piece of dried skin is bothering him). The rest of your paragraph sounds a lot like the other Roddick fans, you really should join us (come on, you know you want to). :)

tangerine_dream
08-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Andy Roddick's website is now called andyroddickfoundation.com.

Clearly something's amiss.

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 01:44 AM
I guess they didn't bother changing the title. Maybe Andy Roddick Foundation is a whole new player? or Maybe Roddick is changing his name. But who cares. I personally think McEnroe can't coach. He just looks like he has no clue all the time.

alfonsojose
08-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Isn't PMAc a busy guy?

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Isn't PMAc a busy guy?Very.

markd
08-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Looks like the site at andyroddick.com has been redesigned but Johns Coaches Corner is still there, heres the link. http://www.andyroddickfoundation.com/news/coachs-corner/

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Sorry to disappoint you cyrusking, looks like no real drama after all *patpat*

In the market
Andy Roddick's brother John will no longer coach him, and the top-ranked U.S. player will look to hire another full-time mentor this fall, according to his agent, Ken Meyerson, who called the parting of the ways "a normal, healthy development. … John's been traveling for 3½ years. He has an academy in San Antonio. He has a life. There were issues after a couple of matches, but there's no animosity.'' Roddick will work with U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe through the Davis Cup semifinals late next month, then assess who's available in the coaching ranks and possibly have a trial run during the indoor season. But Meyerson said he'll urge his client not to rush. "Andy's at a critical juncture of his career, and I don't think he should be piecemealing it,'' he said. "I want him to believe he can win these big events. It's a little trickier now, because he's older, and the old 'you can do it' speech doesn't work anymore.'' Roddick has benefited from the counsel of Tarik Benhabiles, Brad Gilbert and most recently, Jimmy Connors, with whom he split amicably earlier this year. John Roddick is in New York but has not been present at his brother's practice sessions.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/notebook?page=notebook/tennis08262008

~*BGT*~
08-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Cahill! Cahill! Cahill!

Fee
08-27-2008, 03:03 AM
See, I told you they would do a statement.

I remember early on when John was named to the position, there were questions about his academy and what the travel would do to him. He invested a lot of money in that academy and it was just beginning to take off when he started to coach Andy full time. I think he was always supposed to be a temporary solution, he just stayed on longer in the end.

PMac is a good temp (and believe me, I know temp work!), but he is not the long term solution that Andy needs. That would be someone with the intials 'Dr.' before his name. ;)

star
08-27-2008, 03:04 AM

You said John is definitely not in New York. Now you post the article saying he is not in New York. Is that a correction to your other post?

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 03:08 AM
You said John is definitely not in New York. Now you post the article saying he is not in New York. Is that a correction to your other post?No, I meant that John is not working with him at the USO - this is undisputed at this point and I said so. I'm not going to take your bait with these semantics especially considering its complete irrelevance.

Fee
08-27-2008, 03:08 AM
You said John is definitely not in New York. Now you post the article saying he is not in New York. Is that a correction to your other post?

Huh? He's not in NY and he's not in NY?

To answer the question I think you are trying to ask, it's clarification. John had not been seen at Andy's practices, so that much was true. ESPN says he is in NY, but not going to practices. They gave more specific info that fans would not necessarily know just from observation.

More astonishing, to me, is that this statement means that Ted Robinson was right about something when he made that comment last night. I am very surprised.

JimmyV
08-27-2008, 03:14 AM
Cahill! Cahill! Cahill!

:worship::worship::worship:

That would be a dream come true.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 03:14 AM
More astonishing, to me, is that this statement means that Ted Robinson was right about something when he made that comment last night. I am very surprised.Have no fear, he and Mac were just discussing their surprise over the fact that Higueras is in Roger's box. They still have pretty much no clue what's going on :lol:

Fee
08-27-2008, 03:20 AM
Have no fear, he and Mac were just discussing their surprise over the fact that Higueras is in Roger's box. They still have pretty much no clue what's going on :lol:

I heard that, restored my faith in humanity. Now if only Mac could learn the foot fault rule.

SheepleBuster
08-27-2008, 03:24 AM
I heard that, restored my faith in humanity. Now if only Mac could learn the foot fault rule.

Told you so. "there were a couple of issues after a few matches" are you kidding me? That's like you beating up your brother and trying to put a PR spin to it. I think he told Roddick that he is no good and he won't win a grand slam anymore and Andy got upset and hurt his neck in Cincy. That's when Andy decided that it was time to fire John.

~*BGT*~
08-27-2008, 03:25 AM
Told you so. "there were a couple of issues after a few matches" are you kidding me? That's like you beating up your brother and trying to put a PR spin to it. I think he told Roddick that he is no good and he won't win a grand slam anymore and Andy got upset and hurt his neck in Cincy. That's when Andy decided that it was time to fire John.

Seriously. :lol: This thread should be closed now.

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Told you so. "there were a couple of issues after a few matches" are you kidding me? That's like you beating up your brother and trying to put a PR spin to it. I think he told Roddick that he is no good and he won't win a grand slam anymore and Andy got upset and hurt his neck in Cincy. That's when Andy decided that it was time to fire John.Have you considered a career in fiction-writing? you have a great imagination and quite a knack for exaggeration.

Fee
08-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Fantastic, now that it's here it can be locked. Bye thread!

Deboogle!.
08-27-2008, 03:42 AM
WAHOO :lol: