Mardy Fish Final Record? Why Cant Mardy Win Finals? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mardy Fish Final Record? Why Cant Mardy Win Finals?

Iván
08-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I heard its bad...

Poor Old Mardy, the new henman.

finishingmove
08-23-2008, 09:24 PM
gonna be worse after tonight. cilic will rip him a new one.

Deboogle!.
08-23-2008, 09:36 PM
I think he's 2-8 in finals.... he's a total headcase and his serve breaks down a lot. Not much more to it than that.

Smoke944
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
He's an incredible choker. Should be a gold medalist.

Bilbo
08-23-2008, 09:56 PM
lucky he's playing a newbie in finals today. could give him the egde.

ReturnWinner
08-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Should be a gold medalist.

and an AMS winner.

Tommy_Vercetti
08-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Because he doesn't have heart. Unlike say, the Bryan Brothers who also have no heart, he doesn't have the skills to win in spite of that.

leng jai
08-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Too bad this fish, all the talent in the world and its the mental side stopping him from global domination.

MaggieMay
08-24-2008, 01:22 AM
I don't see why 2-9 for Fish is so surprising. Fish's talent level is such that he should never be in finals to begin with. Thus rarely--if ever--is he favored to win once he gets there. I'm surprised he isn't 0-11, frankly.

selyoink
08-24-2008, 04:59 AM
He can't win finals because he sucks. MaggieMay's post is a perfect description of Fish.

Knightmace
08-24-2008, 05:03 AM
Every time I see this guy's name I remember Indian Wells. :(

Deboogle!.
08-24-2008, 05:07 AM
I don't see why 2-9 for Fish is so surprising. Fish's talent level is such that he should never be in finals to begin with. Thus rarely--if ever--is he favored to win once he gets there. I'm surprised he isn't 0-11, frankly.:lol: that's funny. He has mental strength the size of a fruit fly, but he has incredible natural hitting ability on his backhand and serve and he is a very capable volleyer. His forehand is abysmal even after multiple retoolings and he is slower than he should be, but to say he's not talented enough to be in finals is ridiculous. And anyway, many of the finals he's lost were not due to any level of talent.... when you're in a winning position and blow it or simply come out and play like utter trash (even by his own level/standard), it's not about talent, it's about between the ears.

Fish also has a huge issue with his first serve - it routinely comes in well under 50% match after match. It's unacceptable and inexplicable considering his motion is so smooth and sound. But he gets into a final and his serve tends to break down even more. When you start the match without any first serves and a doublefault on break point, it's pretty inauspicious and again has nothing to do with any kind of talent level.

Horatio Caine
08-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Yeah, it's a poor record, but he has been a little unfortunate with some of the title opposition he has had to face. :lol: Djokovic, Blake, Federer, Roddick (twice) and Rusedski. But Massu (and maybe Gambill)? :help: :o

Deb - as fluid as his service motion is, I think he is dropping his shoulder too early? Or maybe his recurring knee problem is causing him to "hold back" a little (almost psychologically) on the launch?

Voo de Mar
08-24-2008, 11:26 AM
:lol: that's funny. He has mental strength the size of a fruit fly, but he has incredible natural hitting ability on his backhand and serve and he is a very capable volleyer. His forehand is abysmal even after multiple retoolings and he is slower than he should be, but to say he's not talented enough to be in finals is ridiculous. And anyway, many of the finals he's lost were not due to any level of talent.... when you're in a winning position and blow it or simply come out and play like utter trash (even by his own level/standard), it's not about talent, it's about between the ears.

Fish also has a huge issue with his first serve - it routinely comes in well under 50% match after match. It's unacceptable and inexplicable considering his motion is so smooth and sound.

I agree.

Jaap
08-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I heard its bad...

Poor Old Mardy, the new henman.

Jeez Ivan, Henman is about 1000 times better than Fish.

Iván
08-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Jeez Ivan, Henman is about 1000 times better than Fish.

Im speaking in terms of bottle, maybe i should of clarified my words.

When it comes to bottle fish reminds me so much of henman under pressure and the big ocassion, buckles big time.

Jaap
08-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Im speaking in terms of bottle, maybe i should of clarified my words.

When it comes to bottle fish reminds me so much of henman under pressure and the big ocassion, buckles big time.

Henman done alright, just didn't have the sufficent talent to win the big one. He did win his fair share of MM finals though, I think whipping Fed on his home soil once.

daddy
08-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Being engaged to her doesn't really help. :devil:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/10/340xqr9.jpg