Tennizen Destroys Rafa's Chances Of Reaching Uso Final [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennizen Destroys Rafa's Chances Of Reaching Uso Final

l_mac
08-17-2008, 11:49 PM
I think we should have a weekly poll.

This week's poll poses a very important question - Who Should Start the USO Thread?

Now, Hema's recent record has been outstanding. But I want us all to think carefully about this. Her success has given ourselves (and clearly Rafa :worship:) great confidence. Do we really think Rafa has a shot at the USO crown, given the number of matches he has played, and how desperate he must be to get back to Mallorca? Imagine if Hema starts the thread and Rafa loses early. It was be a terrible blow to the forum.

Should we hold off and not have Hema start a thread until .. Madrid? (or my preference, AO)

So Hema? Or someone else?

Thoughts and votes, please.

l_mac
08-17-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm not including an MTF poll in this thread, because they can be contaminated by non-Nadal fans. This way I can just discount anyone that I feel doesn't deserve a vote :)

tennizen
08-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Interesting poll:lol: I am of the same opinion as you;) I think someone else must shoulder the responsibility of the USO thread:rolls: That way my record will also be untarnished:D

l_mac
08-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Interesting poll:lol: I am of the same opinion as you;) I think someone else must shoulder the responsibility of the USO thread:rolls: That way my record will also be untarnished:D

Okay.

So the results so far:

Who Should Start the USO Thread?

Hema - 0 votes

Someone Else - 2 votes (l_mac, tennizen)

Lopaka
08-18-2008, 02:44 AM
I think we should have a weekly poll.

Thoughts and votes, please.

I haven't been posting long enough to have an opinion but I like your signature.:bowdown:

Metis
08-18-2008, 03:21 AM
What is this? :speakles: :rolleyes: I thought Hema had promised to start the US Open thread if Rafito won Wimbledon. :mad: Linda's arguments have no basis whatsoever. RG-Wimbledon-Olympics. You do not change a winning strategy. :help:

As the unofficial (for the moment) mod of this forum I cannot let this happen. :armed: I have to think of the well-being of all members in this forum. Let's examine the possible losing scenarios:

- Hema does not start the thread and Rafito loses: everyone will blame her (and with good reason!), she will be devastated and people will be pulling their hair off asking "WHYYYYYYYY? :bigcry:" RESULT: Hema will not be allowed to start tournament threads again; the whole Nadal forum in uproar; Rafa doesn't win another tournament until clay season. :sad:

- Hema starts the thread and Rafito loses: understandable :shrug: Hema did her best but not even her magic is enough for the fast courts of Flushing Meadows. Better luck at the AO. :hug:

:D

MariaV
08-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Uhmmm, but if Hema wants to take some time off MTF, incl. during the USO... maybe indeed someone else should start the USO thread? And well, to be honest, even superhumans like Rafa cannot win EVERYTHING, he needs a break. :lol: So I guess it doesn't really matter much who will start the thread. :shrug:

rafa_maniac
08-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Hema please.

Tess Gray
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Metis, I totallly agree with your post:cool:

I vote for Hema as well :o

Mimi
08-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Hema please :D

shawshank
08-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Hema, please!

cmurray
08-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Linda, I think Metis has a point here. Hema PROMISED to make the US Open thread if Rafa won Wimbledon. Rafa did his part, now it's Hema's turn. :(

HEMA.

adee-gee
08-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I think me, because it earns me vcash and means I don't have to annoy you all for donations :D

tennizen
08-18-2008, 01:59 PM
:lol: Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. I feel honored:sobbing:

Adam:lol: I don't think starting new threads other than in GM gets you v-cash:scratch:

If the vote is in favor of me, I will start the USO thread:lol: but I have a feeling this is where my streak will end:sad:

cmurray
08-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I think me, because it earns me vcash and means I don't have to annoy you all for donations :D

Adam :haha::haha: Great signature. :D

yana
08-18-2008, 03:18 PM
I think Hema too :rolleyes:

Seems like a Fedtard can be good at something after all :confused:

Xoman
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM

Uhmmm, but if Hema wants to take some time off MTF, incl. during the USO... maybe indeed someone else should start the USO thread? And well, to be honest, even superhumans like Rafa cannot win EVERYTHING, he needs a break. :lol: So I guess it doesn't really matter much who will start the thread. :shrug:

I offer myself as volunteer to start the USO thread. My CV: Started threads for Queens and I wanted to start Toronto but someone beat me to it so I was offered to start Cincinnati instead. Nadal won Queens and Nadal got enough points in Cincinnati to become #1 so (like a good politician ;) so I feel my record is "good enough". Also I am reasonable and if people don't find the title suitable with a reasonable argument I can change it.

Anyone in favour?
Anyone against?

l_mac
08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
I offer myself as volunteer to start the USO thread. My CV: Started threads for Queens and I wanted to start Toronto but someone beat me to it so I was offered to start Cincinnati instead. Nadal won Queens and Nadal got enough points in Cincinnati to become #1 so (like a good politician ;) so I feel my record is "good enough". Also I am reasonable and if people don't find the title suitable with a reasonable argument I can change it.

Anyone in favour?
Anyone against?

:mad:

No offence, but I set the poll questions.

:lol:

Hema, if you want to commit to this (doom people, DOOM. What do we do when we no longer have Hema to rely on :sad:) I need your assurance you will be around for the duration of the Open.

Metis
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Hema, you are Rafa's good luck charm, he will be angry if you back down before the Nadal Golden Slam is complete. :rolls:

Seriously though, as a person who doesn't believe in jinxes, good luck etc I say that Hema doesn't seem to want to do this, so we shouldn't put so much pression on her. :awww: :hug: To those of you who believe in jinxes I say that if the thread starter doesn't put his/her heart into it then that cannot be good for the outcome of the tournament. :shrug:

Of course we will still blame Hema if Rafito loses. :p :angel:

In any case, I have the impression Linda is making all this fuss because she is itching to start the US Open thread herself and use all her creativity to change the title every 2 hours :lol: but doesn't dare to do it yet for fear of angering and alienating the Nadal fanbase. :hug:

I have made my decision, I give my endorsement to Linda! :rocker2:

l_mac
08-18-2008, 04:49 PM
No way.

I opened AO and it was a disaster - brilliant thread titles aside. When I get my mod powers I will be able to change thread titles as I see fit, so there's no "carrot" for me. :)

The most important thing is that the thread title is changed frequently to suit the forum mood. So it will have to be someone who is around fairly often. Xoman seems of the "one tournament, one title" mind and I'm not sure if that attitude best represents the fast paced, ready for change, adaptable energy the forum has :shrug: We're more organic than that. Our "we're with you, Rafa" ethos is best served when we live through the tournament with him (via the medium of supportive/jubilant/concerned/constructively critical thread titles)

:shrug:

wildegirl05
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
i think it's time for rafa fans to showcase their moral superiority and let a fedaltard start the thread :D hema or otherwise :angel:

linda, seriously, awesome thread :rolls: these are important decisions these days :banana:

tennizen
08-18-2008, 05:23 PM
No way.

I opened AO and it was a disaster - brilliant thread titles aside. When I get my mod powers I will be able to change thread titles as I see fit, so there's no "carrot" for me. :)

The most important thing is that the thread title is changed frequently to suit the forum mood. So it will have to be someone who is around fairly often. Xoman seems of the "one tournament, one title" mind and I'm not sure if that attitude best represents the fast paced, ready for change, adaptable energy the forum has :shrug: We're more organic than that. Our "we're with you, Rafa" ethos is best served when we live through the tournament with him (via the medium of supportive/jubilant/concerned/constructively critical thread titles)

:shrug:

:rolls: To be fair, my thread titles are usually one single catch line followed by next opponent:scared::unsure:

As for being around, I wasn't around for a few days during Wimbledon and look how that turned out;)

But seriously though, I will be around enough to change thread titles for Rafa'matches. I won't be around a few days at the end of the month but I think I'll login in once a day to change the thread title:lol:

So people make a decision who you want the thread starter to be. If its me, let me know. I am happy either way, unlike Metis suggested:lol::hug:

If I did have to recommend someone I would recommend WG along with the title she suggested before, "Going where no Borg has gone before-Rafael Nadal at the USOpen":rocker:

wildegirl05
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
:rolls: To be fair, my thread titles are usually one single catch line followed by next opponent:scared::unsure:

As for being around, I wasn't around for a few days during Wimbledon and look how that turned out;)

But seriously though, I will be around enough to change thread titles for Rafa'matches. I won't be around a few days at the end of the month but I think I'll login in once a day to change the thread title:lol:

So people make a decision who you want the thread starter to be. If its me, let me know. I am happy either way, unlike Metis suggested:lol::hug:

If I did have to recommend someone I would recommend WG along with the title she suggested before, "Going where no Borg has gone before-Rafael Nadal at the USOpen":rocker:

:lol: :hug: thanks for the vote of confidence :D

if it'll keep you coming back to MTF then i vote you do the thread! this break-from-MTF business is not on! :sad:

elessar
08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I should get to start it, that way if rafa loses you can't possibly tell me I've jinxed him, and if he doesn't you'll get to watch me beat myself over starting that thread for days :D

cmurray
08-18-2008, 08:27 PM
I should get to start it, that way if rafa loses you can't possibly tell me I've jinxed him, and if he doesn't you'll get to watch me beat myself over starting that thread for days :D

Claire. I love you, but you're OUTSIDE OF YOUR MIND.

Fedtards do NOT get to make the tourney thread. :rolleyes:

l_mac
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM

How about no?

I must admit I have my concerns about Fedals. Although wg is at least loyal to this forum :worship:

wildegirl05
08-18-2008, 11:00 PM
How about no?

I must admit I have my concerns about Fedals. Although wg is at least loyal to this forum :worship:

i have excellent taste, linda :yeah: i would not abandon this forum :banana:

Metis
08-19-2008, 03:29 AM
No way.

:(

:spit: Dream on. :lol: Don't worry, you can PM me your suggestions and I'll see what I can do. :hug:

To be fair, my thread titles are usually one single catch line followed by next opponent:scared::unsure:

As for being around, I wasn't around for a few days during Wimbledon and look how that turned out

But seriously though, I will be around enough to change thread titles for Rafa'matches. I won't be around a few days at the end of the month but I think I'll login in once a day to change the thread title.

That sounds good. :yeah: WG may be a Fedaltard but I believe she is one of those rare Fedals that lean more towards Rafa. :p I think she qualifies for thread starting under strict supervision of course. :D

Hema I have to apologize for doubting your thread starting enthousiasm. :hug: I still think you should do it; the people demand it! :D

Someone please start the thread allright before Claire does :rolleyes: :lol:

Mimi
08-19-2008, 03:59 AM
:DXoman is also a good candidate

Xoman
08-19-2008, 07:25 AM
:DXoman is also a good candidate

Thanks Mimi

Xoman
08-19-2008, 07:43 AM
I have a suggestion: This thread could be the USO thread. As a bunch of fangirls and fanboys of Nadal we just need to decide a suitable title (initially and as the tournament progresses) and ... I_mac will be around to change it for, wouldn't you?

About the poll: I wouldn't know who to vote for ... For starters, I haven't seen anyone presenting their candidature. Common people, it is not like we are voting to select a penguin to throw it to the water to see if there are leopard seals, sea lions or killer whales sneaking down below ... Although it feels that way. :)

Mimi
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
sicne Hema is busy and Xoman is willing to do, may be we should let Xoman be the thread starter?

we have to decide it quick coz it would be us open next week :D:wavey:

l_mac
08-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I think Hema wants to do it :shrug:

Well, on her head be it.

tennizen
08-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok people I think I will start the thread. Hopefully my streak will continue and everyone will be happy:D

l_mac
08-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Ok people I think I will start the thread. Hopefully my streak will continue and everyone will be happy:D

That is also my dearest wish.

May God Bless you, Hema.

Metis
08-19-2008, 09:57 PM

http://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_run.gif

:rolls:

jaybee
08-24-2008, 02:31 AM
as a trekker and a rafatard, i think the USO thread title is genius.

Snoo Foo
08-24-2008, 04:02 AM
you weirdos are now officially my 2d favorite tards

l_mac
08-24-2008, 01:44 PM
^^Harsh.

Who could be above us in your favourites list?

Snoo Foo
08-24-2008, 03:22 PM
The sainted paulotards, they are like some delicious dessert someone's angelic granny made for the church picnic, a dessert with a lot of cool whip or something else sweet and creamy and fluffy and pure. You will never overcome them, don't even try, you might hurt yourself. But 2d is a great honor, cherish it. :worship:

l_mac
09-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Now, Hema's recent record has been outstanding. But I want us all to think carefully about this. Her success has given ourselves (and clearly Rafa ) great confidence. Do we really think Rafa has a shot at the USO crown, given the number of matches he has played, and how desperate he must be to get back to Mallorca? Imagine if Hema starts the thread and Rafa loses early. It was be a terrible blow to the forum.

I think Hema wants to do it :shrug:

Well, on her head be it.

Well, I think know why Rafa lost, dear Rafatards.

It's sad, but I hope we learn from this.

I am ALWAYS right.

tennizen
09-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, I think know why Rafa lost, dear Rafatards.

The ego of one member. It's sad, but I hope we learn from this.

I am ALWAYS right.

:rolls: That's because you make your choices in such an ego-less manner, Linda:worship::sad:

l_mac
09-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Wow. The brass neck on some people is unbelievable.

Can't believe you have the nerve to show your face :mad:

Snoo Foo
09-08-2008, 12:04 AM
you weirdos are now officially my 2d favorite tards

I officially recant.

tennizen
09-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Wow. The brass neck on some people is unbelievable.

Can't believe you have the nerve to show your face :mad:

:rolls: I am single-handedly responsible for Murray's first GS final. Enjoy it:D

tennizen
09-08-2008, 12:07 AM
I officially recant.

Is it because of Linda's rash behavior:mad:? The rest of us are still awesome:awww:

tennizen
09-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Take note people of Linda's distortions of truth. She's been waiting for this moment of my downfall. If you see the second post in this thread, I offered not to open the thread and let some one else do it. Since a lot of people voted for me to open the thread, I took upon the responsibility. I even made a disclaimer that Rafa should at best be expected to reach the SF and not more. I feel that I am unfairly being targeted and all my previous achievements have been forgotten by some:rolleyes:

Metis
09-08-2008, 03:33 AM
I officially recant.

Is it because of Linda's rash behavior:mad:? The rest of us are still awesome:awww:

I think he/she means we now are the the favorite tards, not the 2nd favorite :D

Metis
09-08-2008, 03:36 AM
l_mac was offered to start the thread herself but chickened out. :rolleyes: She has no right to accuse other people who were brave enough to take on the responsibility. :(

Mimi
09-08-2008, 05:12 AM
sorry, no offence, i don't think the thread title is good, its not Hema's fault that rafa lost, its that rafa played bad :rolleyes::wavey:

yana
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Tennizen is a Fedtard. What did you expect? :shrug:

Mimi
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
i think Hema likes both rafa and Fed? its not fair to blame the lost of rafa to Hema, its rafa who played and not her, whats more, we all "worshipped" Hema when she created the FO and wimby thread and rafa won, we can't be so snobbish to put her down when rafa failed :shrug:
Tennizen is a Fedtard. What did you expect? :shrug:

bokehlicious
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Everybody is a Fedtard or bound to be one eventually :shrug: :cool: :D

yana
09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
i think Hema likes both rafa and Fed? its not fair to blame the lost of rafa to Hema, its rafa who played and not her, whats more, we all "worshipped" Hema when she created the FO and wimby thread and rafa won, we can't be so snobbish to put her down when rafa failed :shrug:

I think it's Hema fault :shrug:

Castafiore
09-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I think it's Hema fault :shrug:
It so obviously is. ;)

Mimi
09-08-2008, 11:07 AM
sorry for my foolish brain, you people are serious or not? if joking, its all right, if not, then you are wrong, its not hema's fault for rafa's lost, if every time, someone starts the tourney thread and rafa lost, and then everyone to blame that person, who would be willing to make these threads in the future? :scratch:

Castafiore
09-08-2008, 11:37 AM
you people are serious or not?
;)

Getta
09-08-2008, 11:55 AM
lalala

I think he/she means we now are the the favorite tards, not the 2nd favorite :D

Yep, I've got the same feeling. :) I think that Snoo, a very good MTF poster, is a he.

tennizen
09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
mimi:hug: Thanks for your support. :rolls: at me being a Fedtard. Oana, Hilde:rolleyes::D

JM, I can see a new life in you with Fed's performance:D Makes me all teary-eyed with happiness for you:D

yana
09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
JM, I can see a new life in you with Fed's performance:D Makes me all teary-eyed with happiness for you:D

:rolleyes: :zzz:

Castafiore
09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
:rolls: at me being a Fedtard. Oana, Hilde:rolleyes::D
I didn't call you a Fedtard. :rolleyes::D

l_mac
09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Take responsibility, Hema :rolleyes:

mimi - you are an "enabler" Hema needs to learn to take responsibilities for her actions.

Minn
09-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Forgive and forget. :hug:

scarecrows
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
start TMC also Hema

MariaV
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
start TMC also Hema

Yeah yeah, you'd like that. :rolleyes: :lol: