mods: how many million Fed threads do we really need [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

mods: how many million Fed threads do we really need

Clay Death
08-15-2008, 12:43 AM
i see you have no problem with endless and totally worthless Fed threads created aimlessly and at the bloody speed of light.

how about being fair. why dont you run to merge some of these with the main Fed thread the way you run to end or delete Nadal or Djokovic threads.

is there any fairness or consistency to your operations? looks like all are just pursuing personal agendas.

i am quite disappointed. i guess credibility means nothing to you.

LinkMage
08-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Mods: how many million threads started by Clown Death do we really need?

Mimi
08-15-2008, 01:15 AM
some of them were created long time ago, and people bumped them out :wavey:

Forehander
08-15-2008, 01:45 AM
Moderators... Ban this poor kid already. How can yous be so cruel? Sitting there watching a kid ruining his own life facing and making smart remarks on a tennis forum 18 or so hours per day? Yous are the only ones who can save him. Give him back his life, do not let him enter anymore. Let him go back outside into the social world where humans truly belong I beg of yous...

Mimi
08-15-2008, 01:49 AM
don't think clay death is a kid, he is just a bit emotional, anyway, he didn't insult or harm people, why the need to ban him? there are a lot who behaves much worse than him :shrug:

Moderators... Ban this poor kid already. How can yous be so cruel? Sitting there watching a kid ruining his own life facing and making smart remarks on a tennis forum 18 or so hours per day? Yous are the only ones who can save him. Give him back his life, do not let him enter anymore. Let him go back outside into the social world where humans truly belong I beg of yous...

Sunset of Age
08-15-2008, 01:52 AM
some of them were created long time ago, and people bumped them out :wavey:

And was there any need for THAT either, apart from feeding the haters? :shrug: :sad:

Mimi
08-15-2008, 01:58 AM
really, actually some of them ended out on bashing of roger, not praising him, may be the mods can merge them together :confused: so clay death is in fact protecting roger as he didn't like these bashing threads of roger ;)

And was there any need for THAT either, apart from feeding the haters? :shrug: :sad:

GlennMirnyi
08-15-2008, 02:04 AM
I think it's time to ban this joker for good. Soon he'll want to take over the forum.:rolleyes:

finishingmove
08-15-2008, 02:12 AM
we need all those threads

prima donna
08-15-2008, 02:14 AM
I think it's time to ban this joker for good. Soon he'll want to take over the forum.:rolleyes:
It would be easy to amass a compilation of posts containing questionable content, however the favor would be returned and thereby lead to us being further scrutinized.

I've reported a number of his posts, but only a few weeks later I was promptly warned twice after having had a clean record for 2 1/2 years on this board. I genuinely believe that Clay Death is a major detriment to this forum, but it would be unfair to ban him under such harsh and arbitrary reasoning. Moreover, I find it challenging to condemn posters like this, when so often I've found myself in his predictament; I would most likely be banned permanently if a vote were to be held.

He deserves to have a limit imposed on the amount of threads he's permitted to create, we just cannot allow GM to degenerate into an environment that promotes the sensationalism and tabloid trash perpetuated by sources like the National Enquirer.

fast_clay
08-15-2008, 02:26 AM
is GM the new Fleet Street...?

GlennMirnyi
08-15-2008, 02:34 AM
It would be easy to amass a compilation of posts containing questionable content, however the favor would be returned and thereby lead to us being further scrutinized.

I've reported a number of his posts, but only a few weeks later I was promptly warned twice after having had a clean record for 2 1/2 years on this board. I genuinely believe that Clay Death is a major detriment to this forum, but it would be unfair to ban him under such harsh and arbitrary reasoning. Moreover, I find it challenging to condemn posters like this, when so often I've found myself in his predictament; I would most likely be banned permanently if a vote were to be held.

He deserves to have a limit imposed on the amount of threads he's permitted to create, we just cannot allow GM to degenerate into an environment that promotes the sensationalism and tabloid trash perpetuated by sources like the National Enquirer.

It's too much bullshit and utter repetition. It's unbearable.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-15-2008, 02:40 AM

Glenn wants to get banned. He is finally seeing the light.

Mimi
08-15-2008, 02:41 AM
why didn't the mod move it to "Your suggsestions and error thread"?

Mimi
08-15-2008, 02:48 AM
:rolls:Glenn wants to get banned. He is finally seeing the light.

Forehander
08-15-2008, 03:03 AM
It's too much bullshit and utter repetition. It's unbearable.

Exactly

RagingLamb
08-15-2008, 03:29 AM
4000+ posts and you still don't know that this thread doesn't belong in GM

But of course that doesn't stop you from giving mods advice

Clay Death
08-15-2008, 03:33 AM
:rolls:

i have respect for deb, scoobs, bad gambler, neely and the like. i dont really have much of a problem with them. however i do think that some mods sit by casually as the near endless and totally useless creation of Fed threads takes place. this happens in light of the fact that NO Nadal or Djokovic thread is given a chance to flourish.

its time we wake up. Fed is done. the new stories in tennis concern Nadal and Djokovic.

i also believe that some immature fools who are just ate up with hate like karin, glenn, and prima trolla should be kept in check and not allowed to insult and attack other posters the way they do. karin is not so bad but the other 2 are completely useless and contribute nothing but hate to this forum.

mimi i respect the way you conduct yourself on this forum. always so calm and so well composed. and most importantly, always truthful and objective.

Clay Death
08-15-2008, 03:38 AM
4000+ posts and you still don't know that this thread doesn't belong in GM

But of course that doesn't stop you from giving mods advice

all input, if taken in a constructive spirit, makes things better, not worse.

RagingLamb
08-15-2008, 03:41 AM
all input, if taken in a constructive spirit, makes things better, not worse.

Sure. But why not post it in the right forum though?

Mimi
08-15-2008, 03:48 AM
:hug: thanks but i am not as calm as you think, i sometimes exploded too, just that you did not know, lol :lol:

also, as you have said, now its Rafa's time to shine, so do enjoy as much as you could, peace :)

i have respect for deb, scoobs, bad gambler, neely and the like. i dont really have much of a problem with them. however i do think that some mods sit by casually as the near endless and totally useless creation of Fed threads takes place. this happens in light of the fact that NO Nadal or Djokovic thread is given a chance to flourish.

its time we wake up. Fed is done. the new stories in tennis concern Nadal and Djokovic.

i also believe that some immature fools who are just ate up with hate like karin, glenn, and prima trolla should be kept in check and not allowed to insult and attack other posters the way they do. karin is not so bad but the other 2 are completely useless and contribute nothing but hate to this forum.

mimi i respect the way you conduct yourself on this forum. always so calm and so well composed. and most importantly, always truthful and objective.

Clay Death
08-15-2008, 03:50 AM

i dont know much about the other forums. this particular forum is the only one that interests me.

i did explore Nadal`s forum once but got tired of it quickly.

Clay Death
08-15-2008, 03:53 AM
:hug: thanks but i am not as calm as you think, i sometimes exploded too, just that you did not know, lol :lol:

also, as you have said, now its Rafa's time to shine, so do enjoy as much as you could, peace :)

you are one of the coolest. you are right about Nadal. i think both the Clay Monster and the Serbian Slayer are out there making some major statements. i am also happy for Murray for his title in Cincy.

Serbian Slayer figures to be huge factor at the U.S. Open.

RagingLamb
08-15-2008, 03:56 AM
i dont know much about the other forums. this particular forum is the only one that interests me.

i did explore Nadal`s forum once but got tired of it quickly.

well, there are rules (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=90059) about posting threads in the proper forum (along with other rules about posting in GM, just click that link).

You can't ignore simple posting rules and then expect mods to listen to your requests.

08-15-2008, 04:12 AM
As the number of Roger's defeats increase the number of threads will decrease IMHO.

scoobs
08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Believe it or not, there is no secret conspiracy to keep Federer threads at the forefront of GM at the expense of Nadal, Djokovic etc.

News just in - threads are started by posters who want to discuss a particular subject and, like it or not, Federer's continuing fall from grace is still big news in the tennis world. You, Clay Death, may be "over it", but apparently a lot of the tennis world is not and so they continue to discuss it - different threads are discussing different matters arising from it - and any threads on the same topic are merged, same as usual. You can join in or just ignore it if it doens't interest you but it's not going to go away any time soon, I suspect - Federer is still news. Attempts to "compensate" for this by starting tons of Nadal threads won't work - different Nadal threads on different subjects are fine of course, but just starting a bunch of new threads to talk about the same things will just see them all get merged, same as usual.

What matters here is tolerance of subject matter that you personally don't care for. There are tons of threads in GM that I personally find a complete waste of space, but that doesn't mean they should be moved or merged - if I don't want to talk on those subjects, I just ignore them, and that's advice I would give to everyone else.

Snowwy
08-15-2008, 09:33 AM

He wanted you to have the opportunity to do one thing right today? I dunno but its not a big deal, you're kinda avoiding the main topic?

Mimi
08-15-2008, 09:38 AM
very fair and good post, as always :worship::wavey:

Believe it or not, there is no secret conspiracy to keep Federer threads at the forefront of GM at the expense of Nadal, Djokovic etc.

News just in - threads are started by posters who want to discuss a particular subject and, like it or not, Federer's continuing fall from grace is still big news in the tennis world. You, Clay Death, may be "over it", but apparently a lot of the tennis world is not and so they continue to discuss it - different threads are discussing different matters arising from it - and any threads on the same topic are merged, same as usual. You can join in or just ignore it if it doens't interest you but it's not going to go away any time soon, I suspect - Federer is still news. Attempts to "compensate" for this by starting tons of Nadal threads won't work - different Nadal threads on different subjects are fine of course, but just starting a bunch of new threads to talk about the same things will just see them all get merged, same as usual.

What matters here is tolerance of subject matter that you personally don't care for. There are tons of threads in GM that I personally find a complete waste of space, but that doesn't mean they should be moved or merged - if I don't want to talk on those subjects, I just ignore them, and that's advice I would give to everyone else.

habibko
02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
deja vu soon?

Sapeod
02-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Totally.

munZe konZa
03-13-2009, 11:04 PM
why do they delete my thread which about Novak's scheduling which makes him lose in grand slams but keep thread like "Roger Federer is going to be a father" . This is tabloid stuff :rolleyes:

Eden
03-25-2011, 06:01 PM
i see you have no problem with endless and totally worthless Fed threads created aimlessly and at the bloody speed of light.

how about being fair. why dont you run to merge some of these with the main Fed thread the way you run to end or delete Nadal or Djokovic threads.

is there any fairness or consistency to your operations? looks like all are just pursuing personal agendas.

i am quite disappointed. i guess credibility means nothing to you.

Good advise :yeah:

Hopefully the thread you recently opened to discuss Roger's game will be merged with the other several ones you started about the same topic.

scoobs
03-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Do you see any obvious candidates for merging?

Eden
03-25-2011, 06:17 PM
I quote my post from the current bashing so-called discussion thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=120037

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=157102

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=139466

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128665

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=165337

All links include threads started by Clay Death discussing Roger's game.

So do we really need another one?

scoobs
03-25-2011, 06:24 PM
you have a long memory. I'll look into it.

Eden
03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
No long memory Chris, only a quick use of the search function ;)

scoobs
03-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Well just because one poster has posted various threads over the years about the same player doesn't mean their automatically a candidate for merging, but i'll look into it.

Sunset of Age
03-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Well just because one poster has posted various threads over the years about the same player doesn't mean their automatically a candidate for merging, but i'll look into it.
Apparently you DO listen to Eden's complaints (I think she's spot-on, btw), rather than to ajurn to, or rather, even listen to a massive number or so-called unimportant posters, eh?
Vamos. :worship:

Sorry Chris, but you know as well as I do, that this just STINKS.
Do continue participating in that horrendous 'Rafachat'-thread, as such truly indicates how 'objective' you indeed are.

:wavey:

scoobs
03-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I don't know what your problem is but if you'd care to explain it coherently and preferably via PM, rather than just making a series of snide remarks, I'd be tempted to pay greater attention to it.

scoobs
03-26-2011, 10:26 AM
I have done some merging.

Sapeod
03-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Do we need all of Nole fan's Djokovic threads?
Merge them too, they are all unnecessary!