New OFFICIAL forum rules !!!11!! Effective immediately !Big Hemmers is watching you.. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New OFFICIAL forum rules !!!11!! Effective immediately !Big Hemmers is watching you..

elessar
08-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I've been posting here for a while, and I didn't wanna say anything before but frankly it's gotten too much for me lately. It's doesn't even feel like the Nadal forum anymore, I mean just look at what's going on in the chat threads, they're barely even talking about tennis in there, let alone Rafa.

This place used to be full of knowledgeable (:spit:) posters and interesting tennis discussions. The closer we get to tennis talks nowadays is : OMG Rafa's ass :drool: :hearts:

It's time to take back that forum and make it relive its glory days :bigclap:
Therefore I feel it is my duty to ensure in the absence of our one true fakemode Linda (:worship:) that the following rules be enforced :
-Every post must contain at least one mention of Rafa's :drool: shotmaking and :hearts: body:
-Hard courts sucks and everyone not fangirling natural surfaces will be considered an ennemy of the Rafa forum.
-Doping, balding, and every other bad word ending with "ing" are banned from this forum.

Failure to comply with those rules will result in automatic bribing of Scoobs and a subsequent ban for the poster :D
PS : suck it Hema :D

wildegirl05
08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
:spit:

ohhhh, this is going to be even better than the elections :yippee:

tennizen
08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi All

As you all know, this forum has been unmoderated for a long time. While the mod elections were conducted, they had to be stopped midway because of the thrill of Rafa's wimbledon victory and subsquent loss of interest in anything not directly related to it. But recent changes in MTF GM rules and also rules elsewhere on MTF have inspired us to take greater control of happenings on this forum which if I may so is one of the best if not the best forums of tennis discussion on MTF( also of Rafa's ass,Phelps killer body and other hotness indices but I digress)

Since November last year, there has been a total change in the nature of Rafa's forum. Earlier this was a haven for people wanting to take a quiet peek at Rafa's Hot Pix without unnecessary interference from haters but of late fans of every other player have found a place for themselves on this forum. This was initially acceptable to us because Rafa was loser ass back then and we welcomed the haters in mocking Rafa as he deserved to be mocked back then. But now with Rafa winning so much, the haters have really grown bitter and we have decided that the new# 1 should get the respect that he deserves. Therefore I request that the following new rules be made note of while posting in this forum effective IMMEDIATELY

1) Shirt and shoes required while posting here
2) Threads in this forum can only be opened by Rafatards. Any other ***** tard will be banned immediately for breaking this rule
2) Every person who posts in the Rafa forum must include Vamos Rafa- Rafa is the best in his signature
3) Anybody using mockingly affectionate terms for Rafa such as Rafito, Rafatito will be issued a warning and will be banned after 3 warnings.
Note: Calling Rafa Rafatito or Rafito is OK as LONG as it is deemed to be a genuine term of endearment.
4) No other players name can be mentioned in this forum unless it is to criticize him or laugh at him. A positive sentence will be following by a warning after which the poster will be banned.
5) Other players name will automatically be converted into **** in this forum
6) All people entering this forum should be prepared to incessantly drool over Rafa's ass, chest, hair(that may be excused), thigh. A post check will be made for each poster to see if there is atleast one post per week on this topic. If not a warning will be issued. A poster not praising Rafa's ass for 3 weeks or more is likely to be banned from this forum at the discretion of the triumvirate.
7)Hard courts sucks and everyone not fangirling natural surfaces will be considered an ennemy of the Rafa forum
8)Doping, balding, and every other bad word ending with "ing" are banned from this forum.
9)all kind of analogy between Rafa's hair and Great Panda, White Leopard or other species on the way to extinction
10) Jm, Genci, Claire and alike should make a least 1 time a day a post praising Rafa's great tennis technique known from now on as the "beautiful athletic tennis" in contrast of course with the "beautiful sissy ballet tennis" of some other players that should remain unnamed
12) no other forum should ever be mentioned by name over here except referred to as that other forum that shall not be named, regardless of which forum it is?
13) Mocking the incessant whining about ATP calendar, the predominance of HC courts and fixed draws IS ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN!
14)Any reference to a porcine likeness will not be tolerated.
Edit: This draft of rules is after a few initial suggestions from Claire, Andreea, Cheryl and WG. The rules will be updated based on suggestions from our esteemed members

elessar
08-11-2008, 07:59 PM
:rolls: I was just finishing with my rules, the tone of both our posts are scarily alike :haha:

tennizen
08-11-2008, 08:03 PM
:rolls: I was just finishing with my rules, the tone of both our posts are scarily alike :haha:

:lol: I was trying to keep Alex's tone as much as possible in mine. I particularly like my shirt and shoes required. It's as random as it gets:rolls:

cmurray
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
In order for this to remain THE quality forum on MTF, we must begin to enforce rules. :shrug: That's the way of things.

elessar
08-11-2008, 08:08 PM
The other fedfans are gonna wanna kill me again :bigcry:

Look what you make me do, I feel dirty now :sad:

wildegirl05
08-11-2008, 08:08 PM
ooo, oooh i have one. can we add that no other forum should ever be mentioned by name over here except referred to as that other forum that shall not be named, regardless of which forum it is? :lol:

i've moved it here :D

acionescu
08-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Why is a Fedtard making this thread? :( :armed: Go make the rules in your forum, missy!
I smell something fishy! :unsure:

cmurray
08-11-2008, 08:14 PM
The other fedfans are gonna wanna kill me again :bigcry:

Look what you make me do, I feel dirty now :sad:

We'll protect you, Claire-bear. :hug:

If anything, they should be HONORED.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. They had a good idea, we're simply copying it.

elessar
08-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Exactly, it's like people copying a Van Gogh it's actually an hommage :worship:

acionescu
08-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I must add that mocking the incesant whining about ATP calendar, the predominance of HC courts and fixed draws IS ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN!

tennizen
08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
I must add that mocking the incesant whining about ATP calendar, the predominance of HC courts and fixed draws IS ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN!
Oh yes, very important rule that:D

tennizen
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Claire can you reference my post in the title:D

elessar
08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Did you see how I included hard courts hatred as mandatory in my post :worship:
Claire can you reference my post in the title:D
I will just give me a sec to see how I word it and how many "!!!111!!!" I need to delete :rolls:

tennizen
08-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Did you see how I included hard courts hatred as mandatory in my post :worship:

I will just give me a sec to see how I word it and how many "!!!111!!!" I need to delete :rolls:

:yeah: I added your rules to the list too. Now we are on our way to being complete:worship:

NancyIsabelle
08-12-2008, 01:01 AM
You guys made my day ! :haha::haha::haha:

Guy Haines
08-12-2008, 01:36 AM
I've been a Rafa fan since RG 2005 even though I never (until now) have posted in his MTF forum.

This is as good a time and place as any to ask these two completely random questions. Neither have a thing to do with his tennis, but they're more complicated than discussions of his justifiably famous ass.

#1. Peter Bodo of Tennis magazine and tennis journalism infamy uses the nickname Jet Boy for Rafa. I've wondered about this nickname. Bodo likes Ramones-y punk rock, and there's a new wave-punk cover version of Plastic Bertrand's "Ca Plane Pour Moi" called "Jet Boy, Jet Girl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Boy,_Jet_Girl)." It's the lyrics (http://www.lyricscafe.com/songs/e/lyrics_1596128/song_lyrics_1999390.html) to that song that make me wonder...
Of course, Rafa is fast and runs through tournament grounds to get from one place to another, so maybe the nickname is purely literal. Maybe it was purely innocent on Bodo's part. but since when has anything he's written been innocent.
Anyway, not aiming to start a slash thread, I'm sure there's some other part of MTF for that! :devil:

#2. Do you think Rafa likes or would like El Guincho (http://www.myspace.com/elguincho) :music:? I know he liked Bon Jovi and I'm hoping his tastes have changed.

Mimi
08-12-2008, 03:31 AM
hi Guy Haines :wavey:

welcome, and enjoy posting here :D

sorry i can't answer your questions, as i don't have much knowledge on songs, but this jetboy nickname seems quite cute :wavey:

I've been a Rafa fan since RG 2005 even though I never (until now) have posted in his MTF forum.

This is as good a time and place as any to ask these two completely random questions. Neither have a thing to do with his tennis, but they're more complicated than discussions of his justifiably famous ass.

#1. Peter Bodo of Tennis magazine and tennis journalism infamy uses the nickname Jet Boy for Rafa. I've wondered about this nickname. Bodo likes Ramones-y punk rock, and there's a new wave-punk cover version of Plastic Bertrand's "Ca Plane Pour Moi" called "Jet Boy, Jet Girl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Boy,_Jet_Girl)." It's the lyrics (http://www.lyricscafe.com/songs/e/lyrics_1596128/song_lyrics_1999390.html) to that song that make me wonder...
Of course, Rafa is fast and runs through tournament grounds to get from one place to another, so maybe the nickname is purely literal. Maybe it was purely innocent on Bodo's part. but since when has anything he's written been innocent.
Anyway, not aiming to start a slash thread, I'm sure there's some other part of MTF for that! :devil:

#2. Do you think Rafa likes or would like El Guincho (http://www.myspace.com/elguincho) :music:? I know he liked Bon Jovi and I'm hoping his tastes have changed.

Lopaka
08-12-2008, 05:00 AM
:wavey:Hi Guy Haines, hope the following doesn't complicate.

Peter Bodo used to call Rafa "Dirt Boy" around the same time he refered to us Nadal fans as Kool-Aid drinkers.

...and poor Rafa's got DBR (Dirt Boy Rafa) and Mowgli (Peter Bodo, grrr)... http://www.protennisfan.com/2006/06/tennis_nickname.html

At some point Peter decided Rafa was more than a joke, this is speculation, might be a reason for the nickname switch.

In a very brief Google search the following appeared for "Jet Boy".

Reasons to be thankful
by: Peter Bodo , TENNIS.com
posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2006

As we all prepare to sit down and jab a fork into that slow-roasted, butter-basted Penn No. 2, stuffed with sawdust and served with sides of Ben-Gay and sunscreen, let's give thanks for some of the things that make tennis such an absorbing and entertaining way to rescue time that otherwise might be spent doing something stupid or unhealthy, like working. Here are five things that have made tennis better for me this year:

Rafael Nadal: A tennis landscape without Jet Boy would be a grim place indeed, kind of like one of those sci-fi movies in which everyone is scurrying around in a high-tech toga on some cold, benighted landscape filled with groveling minions and worshipers of a lethal, seductive, black-turtleneck-wearing force known simply as Rajah (for Roger, as in Federer).

Nadal stepped into this scenario at 18, two years ago, to play Luke Skywalker, and since then he's positioned himself as the only thing standing between Rajah and utter domination over Planet Tennis. The game needed someone to do this: In denying Federer the French Open title and making good on his promise to become an all-surface contender (Nadal lost to Federer in the Wimbledon final, in a match that almost got real interesting), Nadal has shown that one lonely hero still stands between Federer and his intentions. Muwahhhaaaaahhaaahahahahah …

http://rafael.nadal.over-blog.com/archive-12-8-2006.html

Tess Gray
08-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Brilliant. :lol:

Guy Haines
08-12-2008, 07:47 PM
I just thought it was curious because the lyric of the song "Jet Boy, Jet Girl" is very naughty. It would give anyone who writes slash plenty of ammunition for the imagination. :devil:

But it probably is nothing more than an innocent nickname.

This would be better for the Olympics thread, but it's good to see Rafa picking his level back up after having another Starace struggle. It's funny -- Potito has given him some of his toughest matches this year. He plays Rafa strategically in a way that Murray for some reason fails to do.

Lopaka your pics over the years are amazing.

l_mac
08-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Bodo calls him JetBoy becuase he looks like a cartoon superhero because of his brightly coloured clothes. Apparently.

His musical tastes are dire, and unlikely ever to improve :sad:

Guy Haines
08-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Bodo calls him JetBoy becuase he looks like a cartoon superhero because of his brightly coloured clothes. Apparently.

:lol:

His musical tastes are dire, and unlikely ever to improve :sad:

Awww. There's something sweet about that.

raven gypsy
08-13-2008, 10:58 PM
OMG. This thread is priceless.
Might I add these rules are well overdue. There has been way too much laughter, fun and mockery in this forum. :D It's high time we did away with that and just tell people in advance what they are required to post.

Welcome Guy Haines :wavey:

PS - In order to avoid a serious warning, I'm adding, "hardcourts suck". ;)

tennizen
08-13-2008, 11:12 PM
OMG. This thread is priceless.
Might I add these rules are well overdue. There has been way too much laughter, fun and mockery in this forum. :D It's high time we did away with that and just tell people in advance what they are required to post.

Welcome Guy Haines :wavey:

PS - In order to avoid a serious warning, I'm adding, "hardcourts suck". ;)

:yeah: If you have additional suggestions for the rules we are interested in knowing them. We are authoritarian and democratic all at the same time:D

Metis
08-14-2008, 02:18 AM
So far I have kept silent about all this, but since I will be the moderator in this forum when the results of the election are ratified :cool:, I feel the need to weigh in on the subject.

For the moment I am going to ignore the fact that this thread was started by elessar (raving Fedtard whose agenda consists of interfering in the affairs of this forum as shown by her audacity to start threads etc... - no need to worry, she will be dealt with appropriately when the time comes :))

Regarding tennizen's initiative to formulate this list of rules for the Nadal forum, I have to say I am thankful that she put into words what most of us have been thinking and feeling in the last 8-9 months. :yeah:

Let's be reasonable here. This is Rafa's place, not a playground for fans of other players who, bored with their own forums and eager to experience first hand the awesomeness of the Nadal forum, camp here all day as if it was their back yard. :rolleyes: From now on I will refer to all these intruders as 'forum crashers'. Their continuous presence makes the loyal Nadal fans feel very uncomfortable and I fear many of them will leave us and permanently retreat to VB-land.

We need to act swiftly before it's too late and put into effect the above mentioned rules (especially rule no1). I suggest the appointment of select members of this forum as 'bouncers' who will deny entry to the 'forum crashers' (as well as all those not wearing shirt or shoes). Time to bring back the fun in this place. :rocker2:

Snoo Foo
08-14-2008, 02:30 AM
You people are very naughty. :(

Keep up the good work. :yeah:

MariaV
08-14-2008, 11:34 AM
So far I have kept silent about all this, but since I will be the moderator in this forum when the results of the election are ratified :cool:, I feel the need to weigh in on the subject.

For the moment I am going to ignore the fact that this thread was started by elessar (raving Fedtard whose agenda consists of interfering in the affairs of this forum as shown by her audacity to start threads etc... - no need to worry, she will be dealt with appropriately when the time comes :))

Regarding tennizen's initiative to formulate this list of rules for the Nadal forum, I have to say I am thankful that she put into words what most of us have been thinking and feeling in the last 8-9 months. :yeah:

Let's be reasonable here. This is Rafa's place, not a playground for fans of other players who, bored with their own forums and eager to experience first hand the awesomeness of the Nadal forum, camp here all day as if it was their back yard. :rolleyes: From now on I will refer to all these intruders as 'forum crashers'. Their continuous presence makes the loyal Nadal fans feel very uncomfortable and I fear many of them will leave us and permanently retreat to VB-land.

We need to act swiftly before it's too late and put into effect the above mentioned rules (especially rule no1). I suggest the appointment of select members of this forum as 'bouncers' who will deny entry to the 'forum crashers' (as well as all those not wearing shirt or shoes). Time to bring back the fun in this place. :rocker2:

:spit: :worship: :bowdown:

But what do you exactly mean under rule no1? :scratch: This one that tennizen posted?
1) Shirt and shoes required while posting here
Because we clearly cannot count ellesar's post. She urgently needs to be dealt with. :(

Btw Snoo Foo, of course we're naughty. ;) :wavey:

tennizen
08-14-2008, 12:14 PM

:yeah:

:worship::worship:

Perfectly stated.

My vote goes to Linda for the bouncer job:rocker:

tennizen
08-14-2008, 12:18 PM
You people are very naughty. :(
Keep up the good work. :yeah:

:D You should post in the chat thread. I have a feeling you will fit in:D