Washington 2008 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Washington 2008

Tulipe
08-09-2008, 10:32 AM
[1] RODDICK, Andy (USA) vs QUALIFIER
GROSJEAN, Sebastien (FRA) vs SCHWANK, Eduardo (ARG)
TROICKI, Viktor (SRB) vs GREMELMAYR, Denis (GER)
REYNOLDS, Bobby (USA) vs [7] GICQUEL, Marc (FRA)

The first round is playable, I think. But then there's probably Roddick in the second... :sad:

GrosjeanFan1994
08-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Aww :sad:
Well lets hope for the 1st round!
Go Seb :hug:

higherlaw
08-10-2008, 04:13 PM
I saw Seb practicing Saturday morning with someone I didn't recognize. Later, he practiced again with Mahut.

The pics are from my phone, so sorry for the quality! You can see Isner to the right of Mahut (who was of course shirtless!)

Seb seemed happy--he had no hat!

Hangdog
08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Higherlaw :D Thanks for the pictures, hope you have a great time at the tournament! Maybe he was practising with Serra on Saturday? I think last week someone reported Seb and Flo were hitting together. Ehh he surely looks cuter without a hat, but he'd rather wear it again as it seems no hat - no luck.

Tough draw for Seb both in singles and doubles (where he plays with Mahut against the first seeded Ullyett/Soares... though I have no idea who that Soares is and how come he is ranked so high), especially considering the fact he is highest ranked unseeded player :( He does need to win a few matches now - and hopefully he'll be able to.

Allez Seb :rocker2:

Tulipe
08-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks, higherlaw :kiss:

I was always against the hat, but suddenly it seems I miss it. And I'm not even supersticious :shrug: Maybe it's just because I don't like changes... More I miss the longer hair, but I'd better not start with this or Marine will come and shoot me :haha:

GrosjeanFan1994
08-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for these photos.
Aww I think he looks cute without the hat but it's kind of getting rid of his trademark look (And his luck in matches by the way things have gone recently ...) I wonder what his reason is for getting rid of the cap? :sad:
I prefer the shorter hair ... But okay, lets not start :lol:

higherlaw
08-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I have no new news to report. I did, however, see Seb from afar (during Mahut's short rain delay) when he was leaving the site. I thought that he would actually watch Nico's match, but he did not.

Higherlaw :D Thanks for the pictures, hope you have a great time at the tournament! Maybe he was practising with Serra on Saturday? I think last week someone reported Seb and Flo were hitting together. Ehh he surely looks cuter without a hat, but he'd rather wear it again as it seems no hat - no luck.

Tough draw for Seb both in singles and doubles (where he plays with Mahut against the first seeded Ullyett/Soares... though I have no idea who that Soares is and how come he is ranked so high), especially considering the fact he is highest ranked unseeded player :( He does need to win a few matches now - and hopefully he'll be able to.

Allez Seb :rocker2:

I figured out that it was Jesse Levine he practiced with. I have not seen Serra...nor Giquel...

As much as I'd like to, I'm not sure I will stay to watch the whole doubles match tonight as it may be quite late . No doubt I'll find a seat since Americans will be playing on center court at the same time.:)

Hangdog
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks, higherlaw :kiss:

I was always against the hat, but suddenly it seems I miss it. And I'm not even supersticious :shrug: Maybe it's just because I don't like changes... More I miss the longer hair, but I'd better not start with this or Marine will come and shoot me :haha:
While Marine is on holiday I'm instead of her, so :armed: no "longer hair" :p Even if Seb doesn't make us too happy with his tennis results, fortunately he still looks gorgeous :)
I figured out that it was Jesse Levine he practiced with. I have not seen Serra...nor Giquel...

As much as I'd like to, I'm not sure I will stay to watch the whole doubles match tonight as it may be quite late . No doubt I'll find a seat since Americans will be playing on center court at the same time.:)
I guess I also wouldn't recognize Jesse Levine :tape:

Enjoy as much of his match(es) as possible - and don't forget your camera ;)

Tulipe
08-12-2008, 09:49 AM
While Marine is on holiday I'm instead of her, so :armed: no "longer hair" :p Even if Seb doesn't make us too happy with his tennis results, fortunately he still looks gorgeous :)

I guess I also wouldn't recognize Jesse Levine :tape:

Enjoy as much of his match(es) as possible - and don't forget your camera ;)

:crying2: Maman, maman, la au forum il y a une mauvaise fille qui menace moi! :crying2: :haha:

higherlaw
08-12-2008, 03:35 PM
I just stopped in quickly to say that the doubles match was poor. Nico made a lot of errors, including being broken in the first game. They had a few brilliant plays, but generally a lot of errors by Nico--mostly into the net--over and over! I'll try to get some of my lame pictures posted later or tomorrow.

Thanks, I am enjoying the tournament! The weather has been fab. I'm looking forward to Seb vs Schwank!!!

Hangdog
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
:crying2: Maman, maman, la au forum il y a une mauvaise fille qui menace moi! :crying2: :haha:
:ras: :haha:
Love your new signature BTW - with an extra smiley and without Gasquet :D :devil:
I just stopped in quickly to say that the doubles match was poor. Nico made a lot of errors, including being broken in the first game. They had a few brilliant plays, but generally a lot of errors by Nico--mostly into the net--over and over! I'll try to get some of my lame pictures posted later or tomorrow.

Thanks, I am enjoying the tournament! The weather has been fab. I'm looking forward to Seb vs Schwank!!!
Thank you for the report HL! At least there is no "a lot of errors by Seb" :o Keep enjoying your time and cheer loudly for Seb :)

Bobble
08-13-2008, 02:44 AM
ugh, poor seb...not schwank!

higherlaw
08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Ah, Seb, you still have game, but not enough for Eduardo...
Not much to say except that he really can chase down balls; he tried, but it wasn't enough I guess. And for those who want to know: it was a black shirt, pas de casquette.

:ras: :haha:
Love your new signature BTW - with an extra smiley and without Gasquet :D :devil:

Thank you for the report HL! At least there is no "a lot of errors by Seb" :o Keep enjoying your time and cheer loudly for Seb :)

Actually, I didn't need to as there were a fair amount of people (um, women) who urged him on!

He was playing at the same time as the Safin fiasco and then Roddick, so you know that only true tennis fans were on the side courts!!

Hope to get my crappy pictures up tomorrow.

GrosjeanFan1994
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Unlucky Seb :(

It would be great to see some pics :D Hope you had a good time!

Hangdog
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Ah, Seb, you still have game, but not enough for Eduardo...
Not much to say except that he really can chase down balls; he tried, but it wasn't enough I guess. And for those who want to know: it was a black shirt, pas de casquette.

Actually, I didn't need to as there were a fair amount of people (um, women) who urged him on!

He was playing at the same time as the Safin fiasco and then Roddick, so you know that only true tennis fans were on the side courts!!

Hope to get my crappy pictures up tomorrow.
Seb's game is worse than Schwank's now? :awww: :sad:

As always, thanks a lot for the details - and looking forward to your pictures! :)
I wonder what's happened to Safin's neck that he had to retire...

Edit: my 1000th post on MTF :bolt: I may retire myself now lol

higherlaw
08-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Seb's game is worse than Schwank's now? :awww: :sad:

As always, thanks a lot for the details - and looking forward to your pictures! :)
I wonder what's happened to Safin's neck that he had to retire...

Edit: my 1000th post on MTF :bolt: I may retire myself now lol

No, not worse than Schwank's, but everybody loses sometime (grrr Blake). Schwank should get rolled over by Roddick tonight.

WOW! 1000 posts! Don't retire!

I hope everyone has learned by now that my pictures are never any good. I blame it all on the camera. Or is it the lack of light? :bolt:

Here ya go:

higherlaw
08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Forgot one.

Marine
08-14-2008, 10:55 PM
No pics of Lola or Tom this year ? Sometimes he brings them with him in LA and Washington.

Tulipe
08-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Thank, higherlaw! :kiss: Love Seb in black, I think black suits him the best (maybe white, too).

Marine
08-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Thank, higherlaw! :kiss: Love Seb in black, I think black suits him the best (maybe white, too).

black, yes. :)
Red too. :p

Tulipe
08-15-2008, 09:54 PM
So finally we don't have to be so pesimistic, because it seems Schwank had his good week - he gave a great fight against Roddick, finally losing 6-7 in the third set...

Marine, red is good, but not at Stella Artois in Queen's, because so we don't see Seb, just the red wall... :p

GrosjeanFan1994
08-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Marine, red is good, but not at Stella Artois in Queen's, because so we don't see Seb, just the red wall... :p

:lol: Yes, I agree! Black is best I think. It seems he mainly wears black, white and red? (Apart from his Father Christmas outfit of course :hug:)