Rafael Nadal is the Gold medallist at the Beijing Olympics:worship::worship: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafael Nadal is the Gold medallist at the Beijing Olympics:worship::worship:

Pages : [1] 2

tennizen
08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Seems like no one is excited about the Beijing Olympics:lol: And to start the thread off - Here's Nadal riding a segway:D

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3920/wwwreuterscomkl5.jpg

Metis
08-06-2008, 03:23 PM
:haha: He does it like a pro! :rolls:

cmurray
08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
He looks tickled. :lol:

Anyone know if he got his luggage back yet? :rolls: Looks like the same shorts he was wearing the other day. I hope he had them washed. :tape:

Lopaka
08-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm ready for Rafa at the Olympics.:bounce: Sure hope the Olympics are ready for Rafa.

With Rafa on a segway and sucking his finger it looks like Veyonce will be posting some interesting pictures.

After all kinds of airports delay by the time I got home last night (Hawaii time) I was not only sucking my finger but I had my whole hand in my mouth. To make a memorable end to the Cincinnati trip my luggage is hiding.:rolleyes:

Gawd I like this picture. Now I feel one with a champion.:haha:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/img345306tvk2rs.jpg

Metis
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Let's not forget the MIT includes the Olympics!!!! :lol: The draw will take place tomorrow at 11:00 am Beijing time!

How far will Rafa go in the Olympics? (80 points at stake)

1st -
2nd -
3rd - MariaV, wildegirl05
QF - acionescu, rafa maniac, tennizen, Tess Gray
SF -
BRONZE - Aenea, Metis
SILVER -
GOLD - GuiroNl, Lopaka, Luvyoyoma1954, spriwi

Current MIT standings after Cincinnati: :)

Foxy ____________860
GuiroNl __________860
Tnn74 ___________860
Xoman___________860

tangerine_dream ___800

nashty___________760

cmurray _________ 700

hra87 ___________660
raven_gypsy______ 660

spriwi____________645

Luvyoyoma1954____600
M.C. _____________600
scarecrows________600
Xristos ___________600

Getta____________505
NaDaLiTa_________505

tennischeto________500
Tess Gray_________500

Blaze-2004 _______460
Denisse __________460
MariaV___________460

elessar___________400
rafa_maniac_______400
TMJordan _________400

Bachelor Dandy_____300
shawshank________300

The Pro __________260

platinum__________160

acionescu_________100
Chocolate&Rafa_____100
Heavenseventeen ___100
Lopaka___________100
Minn_____________100
tennizen__________100

Agassi Fan_________60

tennizen
08-06-2008, 04:19 PM
QF for me Metis

Foxy
08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Metis, you are pretty brave this time with your prediction :p

Metis
08-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Metis, you are pretty brave this time with your prediction :p

:lol: I might change it after I see the draw :p

acionescu
08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm waiting for the draw. Can't wait to see Karlovic/Murray/Ferrer/Nole in his half! :rolleyes:

Pepi.
08-06-2008, 05:36 PM
:lol:

Aenea
08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
To me tennis in Olympics means nothing and I preferred Rafa skipped it. But since it's important for him and he wants to win a medal I'll support him in his quest.

Metis, put me down for the Bronze, too. Still I prefer he loses early and has some more time to rest before US Open.

Anyway good luck, Rafa, at the Olympics and have a good draw :bigclap:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Let's not forget the MIT includes the Olympics!!!! :lol: The draw will take place tomorrow at 11:00 am Beijing time!

Current MIT standings after Cincinnati: :)

Foxy ____________860
GuiroNl __________860
Tnn74 ___________860
Xoman___________860

tangerine_dream ___800

nashty___________760

cmurray _________ 700

hra87 ___________660
raven_gypsy______ 660

spriwi____________645

Luvyoyoma1954____600
M.C. _____________600
scarecrows________600
Xristos ___________600

Getta____________505
NaDaLiTa_________505

tennischeto________500
Tess Gray_________500

Blaze-2004 _______460
Denisse __________460
MariaV___________460

elessar___________400
rafa_maniac_______400
TMJordan _________400

Bachelor Dandy_____300
shawshank________300

The Pro __________260

platinum__________160

acionescu_________100
Chocolate&Rafa_____100
Heavenseventeen ___100
Lopaka___________100
Minn_____________100
tennizen__________100

Agassi Fan_________60

he will TAKE THE GOLD

Metis
08-07-2008, 05:22 AM
The draw... :tape:

1 FEDERER Roger (1) SUI vs 35 TURSUNOV Dmitry RUS
96 LEE Hyung-Taik KOR vs AREVALO Rafael (INV) ESA
22 ROBREDO Tommy ESP vs 33 SEPPI Andreas ITA
21 BERDYCH Tomas CZE vs 18 KARLOVIC Ivo (14) CRO

13 SIMON Gilles (10) FRA vs 41 SODERLING Robin SWE
277 NIEMEYER Frederic (A) CAN vs 64 CANAS Guillermo ARG
82 BELLUCCI Thomaz BRA vs 266 HRBATY Dominik SVK
90 GUCCIONE Chris AUS vs 8 BLAKE James (8) USA

4 DAVYDENKO Nikolay (4) RUS vs 38 GULBIS Ernests LAT
27 MATHIEU Paul-Henri FRA vs 67 LAPENTTI Nicolas ECU
LOGLO Komlavi (INV) TOG vs 109 ANDERSON Kevin (IP) RSA
366 MIRNYI Max (IP) BLR vs 19 KIEFER Nicolas (15) GER

15 GONZALEZ Fernando (12) CHI vs 453 SUN Peng (IP) CHN
32 CILIC Marin CRO vs 37 MONACO Juan ARG
72 ROCHUS Olivier BEL vs 80 MINAR Ivo CZE
45 TIPSAREVIC Janko SRB vs 5 FERRER David (5) ESP

7 NALBANDIAN David (7) ARG vs 598 ZENG Shaoxuan (A) CHN
125 MASSU Nicolas (IP) CHI vs 62 DARCIS Steve BEL
47 BOLELLI Simone ITA vs 58 HANESCU Victor ROU
42 MONFILS Gael FRA vs 14 ALMAGRO Nicolas (11) ESP

17 YOUZHNY Mikhail (13) RUS vs 106 VANEK Jiri CZE
31 NIEMINEN Jarkko FIN vs 63 JOHANSSON Thomas SWE
34 SCHUETTLER Rainer GER vs 124 NISHIKORI Kei (IP) JPN
59 GINEPRI Robby USA vs 3 DJOKOVIC Novak (3) SRB

6 MURRAY Andy (6) GBR vs 74 LU Yen-Hsun TPE
54 CALLERI Agustin ARG vs 51 LJUBICIC Ivan CRO
77 DANIEL Marcos BRA vs 50 MELZER Jurgen AUT
114 DANCEVIC Frank CAN vs 10 WAWRINKA Stanislas (9) SUI

20 STEPANEK Radek (16) CZE vs 39 LLODRA Michael FRA
48 QUERREY Sam USA vs 23 ANDREEV Igor RUS
28 HEWITT Lleyton AUS vs 156 BJORKMAN Jonas (IP) SWE
71 STARACE Potito ITA vs 2 NADAL Rafael (2) ESP

Of course Rafa gets Murray in the QF and Djoko in the SF :spit:

veyonce
08-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Just translated this article. :lol:

titan24.com
Nadal Gave Staff A False Alarm Revealed His Child-Like Innocence During Training

2008-08-06 18:29 From: Jing Xian

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5408/nadounw4.th.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nadounw4.jpg)

Sports world network special correspondent Jing Xian report: On 6 August noon, Nadal appeared as promised at the Olympic Tennis Centre but the mischievous Nadal almost gave the staff a false alarm!!

At 1pm after his training session, Nadal discovered an unusual little thing - an intelligent vehicle named Segway. This intelligent vehicle which is valued at 12000 Renminbi stirred up Nadal's mischievous nature, he insisted on riding this vehicle for 2 laps. After obtaining the tennis centre's supervisor's permission, Nadal became the first Beijing Olympic athlete to experience this high technology product.

Nadal whom has a very high perception, quickly grasped to ride the vehicle after only several minutes of fiddling. But at the same time, Nadal nearly caused a big calamity! A staff opened the main door and was preparing to exit when the mischievous Nadal engrossed in his new toy, caught everybody off guard by riding the Segway out the main door in a flash. This scene frightened the staff but the euthusiastic Nadal failed to notice the frightened look on the staff's faces. The staff were in a flurry and almost all of them immediately went after Nadal, fearing for this tennis superstar to have any accident.

Finally, Nadal obediently stopped and shared his personal experience with the staff, "It's very fun!" At this moment, Nadal revealed his child-like nature. One would think that Nadal would return to the Olympic Village after this but Nadal is Nadal, just like a big boy who has not grown up, soon spotted another interesting vehicle - an electronic operated bicycle. The electronic operated bicycle is very common to us but Nadal seem to be amazed by it. In a flash, he rode the electronic operated bicycle and grinned happily at the staff, having a great time. The staff just signed,"Nadal's childlike innocence does not change!"

Nadal left for the changing room at 2.30pm and had a few laughs with his coach after his shower. Looks like Nadal is very relaxed and in a jovial mood before the competition. Nadal then went to the MacDonald nearby and came back at 5.00pm to pick up his stuff and left for the Olympic Village.

Nadal is just like a child who has not grown up, curious at everything in Beijing. But while Nadal is playful, his nemisis Federer is taking his training session on the centre court seriously. Both players are in completely different conditions which just filled us with high anticipation to the start of the Beijing Olympic tennis competition.       
http://tinyurl.com/69t53z

spriwi
08-07-2008, 09:56 AM
the draw is really :tape:

nevertheless,
i ll go with GOLD metis, please.

Foxy
08-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Unevenly distributed draw as always. Totally unfair towards the new number 1.
I guess at the US Open it would be the other way around which is more important.
I'll post my prediction during the weekend.

Lopaka
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Rafa never seems to get a draw I like. But being a big fan of the "Nadal child-like innocense" and never betting against it I'll say Rafa finds a way to win the gold medal.

the_natural
08-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I should bet on the first round loss because that way rafa will win gold lol.... I dunno if i want him to win gold though, Just as long as the swiss miss doesnt (but it probably will, the draw just looks too perfect to set up a "perfect run/revenge" for that cow lover), I think the olympics could be what sets the tone for a Rafa USO final :( I want Rafa v Someone else at the USO so he can extend the number 1 ranking and besides Rafa nole make the best matches anyway. I dunno this draw is ridiculous, Murray and NOle? Or potentially Nalby (dont discount him, he said his goals are number 1 Slam, davis cup Gold medal... I know hes all over the place and up and down but this is realistically his last shot at gold, So It could be wat just snaps him back into place.)...
I really do hope someone pulls off a miracle and beats the swiss, and then rafa at least gets silver or Maybe just loses 1 round later than swiss so he can get more points but also have lots of rest for USO....

Wait who thinks that Gold would be helpful to motivate him and play his best at the USO? Im not sure which he would want more Rest or gold?

Getta
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I should bet on the first round loss because that way rafa will win gold lol.... I dunno if i want him to win gold though, Just as long as the swiss miss doesnt (but it probably will, the draw just looks too perfect to set up a "perfect run/revenge" for that cow lover), I think the olympics could be what sets the tone for a Rafa USO final :( I want Rafa v Someone else at the USO so he can extend the number 1 ranking and besides Rafa nole make the best matches anyway. I dunno this draw is ridiculous, Murray and NOle? Or potentially Nalby (dont discount him, he said his goals are number 1 Slam, davis cup Gold medal... I know hes all over the place and up and down but this is realistically his last shot at gold, So It could be wat just snaps him back into place.)...
I really do hope someone pulls off a miracle and beats the swiss, and then rafa at least gets silver or Maybe just loses 1 round later than swiss so he can get more points but also have lots of rest for USO....

Wait who thinks that Gold would be helpful to motivate him and play his best at the USO? Im not sure which he would want more Rest or gold?

Do you hate Roger that much that you can't refer to him by his name?

It is not the first time you've done that. Exactly the same appears when you post on Nalbandian's forum.

bokehlicious
08-07-2008, 12:21 PM

It is not the first time you've done that. Exactly the same appears when you post on Nalbandian's forum.

Of course, everyone bitches on MTF about Fed fans not respecting Rafa/Nole, while Rafa fans are supposed to be sweetiepies :yawn: :zzz: :zzz:

Bibberz
08-07-2008, 12:33 PM
What's the deal with "cow lover"? I sincerely hope this is a reference to Juliette and not Mirka.

bokehlicious
08-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Of course it's refering to Mirka :yawn: so classy those Rafatards :yeah:

Bibberz
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM

I wouldn't mind the classlessness if it was even a little bit clever. :p

Castafiore
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Are you lost, JM?

You don't have a problem with all those "nicknames" quite a few Fed fans use for Nadal in his forum so why have a problem with this? pot.kettle.black

bokehlicious
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Are you lost, JM?

You don't have a problem with all those "nicknames" quite a few Fed fans use in his forum so why have a problem with this?
pot.kettle.black.

Unlike Rafa fans, we Fed fans never pretended to be classier than other fanbases :o and we never insult Rafa's nationality either :angel:

Castafiore
08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Unlike Rafa fans, we Fed fans never pretended to be classier than other fanbases :o and we never insult Rafa's nationality either :angel:
Come on, JM. Take that sort of nonsense elsewhere.

bokehlicious
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Take your BS elsewhere.

Ok Madam :worship:

Think you are this forum's supermod? :lol: :lol: :retard: :retard:

Castafiore
08-07-2008, 01:00 PM
:lol: You're such a baby sometimes, JM. :p

bokehlicious
08-07-2008, 01:02 PM
:lol: You're such a baby sometimes, JM. :p

You're so rude sometimes, Hilde :shrug: :o

Foxy
08-07-2008, 01:02 PM
P. Antonius, JMPower, MTF troll, whatever you are, maybe you are here to make a prediction for the MIT tournament?
What will be it?

tennizen
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Of course, everyone bitches on MTF about Fed fans not respecting Rafa/Nole, while Rafa fans are supposed to be sweetiepies :yawn: :zzz: :zzz:

JM, just as you wished , Rafa's chat thread has possibilities for Fed's worshipping:shrug: :p This is Rafa's tournament thread. Here we can be as unreasonable as we like:lol: This is also the thread where you copy posts and paste them in the Fed forum for :lol:, or :rolleyes: or :mad:

bokehlicious
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Ok, I let you enjoy your jerk circle about Mirka being a cow, enjoy it :yeah: :retard:

Castafiore
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
This is also the thread where you copy posts and paste them in the Fed forum for :lol:, or :rolleyes: or :mad:
Yup, and then we copy what you said over there and paste it in the chat thread again for :lol: or :rolleyes: or :mad:

If I had to throw my toys out of my pram every time people used a nickname for Rafa in some other forum. :rolleyes:

tennizen
08-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Ok, I let you enjoy your jerk circle about Mirka being a cow, enjoy it :yeah: :retard:

:lol: JM, do you want me to quote lina_seta's post again where she called Rafa a Neanderthal:rolls: At that time, you said, don't judge the entire Fed fans based on one poster:lol: It's ok, we understand today is your monthly whining day of Fed and related parties not receiving enough respect on MTF:hug:

tennizen
08-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Yup, and then we copy what you said over there and paste it in the chat thread again for :lol: or :rolleyes: or :mad:

:yeah::lol:

MariaV
08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh geee what heated discussions have taken place here. :eek: :lol: :o
Was JM bored at work or smth? :awww:

Huh, and about my prediction - MY in the Fed forum pointed out all those articles about Rafa being tired plus the horrible draw, I'd say 3rd round. I guess Hewitt is not at his best with the hip problem so Rafa could still beat him, but that's it.
And I'm sure Roger won't have any problems with Berdych or Karlovic this time. :rolleyes:

Aenea
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM

TBH when I read that cow lover in the_natural's post I thought he was referring to the well known swiss chocolates and that cow they use in commercials. Hadn't you mentioned Mirka I wouldn't ever make such a link.

Tough draw as always it will be difficult to win even Bronze. But I hope Foxy is right and that it would be the other way around for US Open. Few ppl remember gold medalists, unless he makes a Golden Slam, but a GS winner is always remembered.

Good luck, Rafa. Play well but don't push it too hard :wavey:

wildegirl05
08-07-2008, 01:54 PM

we can't all be as perfectly good looking and sweet as you :worship:

moron. :rolleyes:

i predict 3rd round. prove me wrong, rafa. vamos!

Pepi.
08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Good luck rafa :)

acionescu
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm absolutely :inlove: with this draw! :rolleyes: The only thing thad :sad:ness me is that he does not have Berdych in the 1st round!
Put me for a Murray QF loss! :rocker2:

platinum
08-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Unevenly distributed draw as always. Totally unfair towards the new number 1.
I guess at the US Open it would be the other way around which is more important.

Affirmative.

Bibberz
08-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Affirmative.

:speakles: CD walks among us!:worship:

GuiroNl
08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Gold medal

Rafalover15
08-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Go Nadal i think i don't know who i want to win if he faces Murray :(

Tess Gray
08-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Put me for a Murray QF loss! :rocker2:

Agree... don't think he'll get past Muzza.

Metis
08-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Let's not forget Rafa is playing doubles too! :D

BRYAN Bob/BRYAN Mike (1) USA v KNOWLES Mark/MULLINGS Devin BAH
KIEFER Nicolas/SCHUETTLER Rainer (IP) GER v KNOWLE Julian/MELZER Jurgen AUT
GUCCIONE Chris/HEWITT Lleyton (IP) AUS v CALLERI Agustin/MONACO Juan (IP) ARG
BJORKMAN Jonas/SODERLING Robin SWE v NADAL Rafael (6) ESP/ROBREDO Tommy

FEDERER Roger (4) SUI/WAWRINKA Stanislas v BOLELLI Simone/SEPPI Andreas ITA
CILIC Marin/LJUBICIC Ivan (IP) CRO v GONZALEZ Fernando/MASSU Nicolas (IP) CHI
BERDYCH Tomas/STEPANEK Radek CZE v MELO Marcelo/SA Andre BRA
MONFILS Gael/SIMON Gilles FRA v BHUPATHI Mahesh (7) IND/PAES Leander

ANDREEV Igor (8) RUS/DAVYDENKO Nikolay v BLAKE James/QUERREY Sam USA
CANAS Guillermo/NALBANDIAN David ARG v DARCIS Steve/ROCHUS Olivier (IP) BEL
MURRAY Andy/MURRAY Jamie GBR v NESTOR Daniel/NIEMEYER Frederic CAN
CLEMENT Arnaud/LLODRA Michael FRA v ERLICH Jonathan (3) ISR/RAM Andy

ALMAGRO Nicolas (5) ESP/FERRER David v ANDERSON Kevin/COETZEE Jeff RSA
ASPELIN Simon/JOHANSSON Thomas SWE v HANLEY Paul/KERR Jordan AUS
FYRSTENBERG Mariusz/MATKOWSKI Marcin POL v YU Xinyuan/ZENG Shaoxuan (IP) CHN
DAMM Martin/VIZNER Pavel CZE v DJOKOVIC Novak (2) SRB ZIMONJIC Nenad

lara2.ribeiro
08-07-2008, 09:51 PM
sweet kicking soderling's ass at 1round!!!!! xDDD

tangerine_dream
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
How much time do we have to get our MIT picks in? When does Rafa play?

Beijing Olympics: Rafael Nadal is star attraction in the Olympic village
If Rafael Nadal had ever wondered what it might be like as the world No 1, he found out in Beijing.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/olympics/2512779/Beijing-Olympics-Conquering-Spaniard-Rafael-Nadal-is-the-star-attraction-in-Olympic-village---Olympics.html

Here's video of Rafa being mobbed upon his arrival. :eek: He looks very tired.
cv5iQiM7H2c

Rafa practicing, and talking about not wearing any pj's to bed because it's too hot. :p
qUW3Z46Xhe8

You don't have a problem with all those "nicknames" quite a few Fed fans use for Nadal in his forum so why have a problem with this? pot.kettle.black
NYCTennisfan actually stickied a thread in the Fed forum asking people to please stop talking so positively about "other players" (i.e., Rafa). I couldn't believe what I was reading. So people aren't allowed to talk about other players in the Fed forum, especially if it's positive? That just floors me. :lol:

Rafalover15
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Not wearing pj's coz it's so hot :hearts: *starts to dream*

I hope i get to see him play doubles :)

Bibberz
08-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Not wearing pj's coz it's so hot :hearts: *starts to dream*

:shrug: That's so normal it's not even worth mentioning. I can't even sleep in PJ's during the winter--not that we have the harshest winters over here. :o:D

tennizen
08-08-2008, 01:32 AM
Tangy, I just went and saw the stickied note. It's really hilarious. I never understand this need for a safe zone. I mean are you so insecure that you cannot take attacks about your favorite poster. If you don't want to defend, you can ignore them. And in the Federer forum, I really havent seen anybody praise Nadal that much. It's really stupid that so many posters actually ask for it:rolleyes:

Lopaka
08-08-2008, 03:03 AM
Saw the sticky and it is both funny and prophetic. Like it or not Roger and his fans are starting the long journey into fading memories of glories past. Not mentioning other players sure ain't going to make them go away. Even if he can hitch up his knickers and make one more run for number one, regarless what happens, the "fat lady has sung."

Sic transit gloria mundi

rafa_maniac
08-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Ugh, put me down for QF. Good thing I don't give a frack about the Olympics or I might care about this draw. Here's hoping Rafa will have all the bad draws out of the way come US Open time...

Mimi
08-08-2008, 07:21 AM
:haha::cuckoo: just read this too, how narrow minded they are, not allowed to praise another player? that means no fedal is allowed to post there, how old is he/she? just 10?

Saw the sticky and it is both funny and prophetic. Like it or not Roger and his fans are starting the long journey into fading memories of glories past. Not mentioning other players sure ain't going to make them go away. Even if he can hitch up his knickers and make one more run for number one, regarless what happens, the "fat lady has sung."

Sic transit gloria mundi

Foxy
08-08-2008, 08:31 AM
NYC have been doing great analysis always but other than that he is just a fanboy. Don't pay him too much attention. Obviously he is desperate.

Castafiore
08-08-2008, 08:48 AM
NYCTennisfan actually stickied a thread in the Fed forum asking people to please stop talking so positively about "other players" (i.e., Rafa)
:haha: :spit:

That's hilarious.

This is one of if not the best place for tennis discussion
...as long as you spice up your discussions with a healthy dosis of bashing towards other players and keep the positivity out of it?

Mimi
08-08-2008, 10:02 AM
actually its not easy not to mention a bit roger's opponent in his forum, come on, man, if you want to discuss a match of him with say, nadal, you cannot totally ignore nadal right :confused::rolleyes:

karin cannot mention nadal there any more :p
:haha: :spit:

That's hilarious.

...as long as you spice up your discussions with a healthy dosis of bashing towards other players and keep the positivity out of it?

Tess Gray
08-08-2008, 12:13 PM
karin cannot mention nadal there any more :p

Poor Karin :hug:

At least she can talk about Roger here, or else she'd die or something :lol::D

tennizen
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM

Karin doesn't like the Rafa forum much. She prefers the Fed forum.

Foxy
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM

We should implement that rule too. :p
No talk here about Ro... who I forgot the name... sorry...

tangerine_dream
08-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Karin doesn't like the Rafa forum much. She prefers the Fed forum.
That's too bad, she's free to fangirl Roger over here, at least until Linda becomes SuperDuperMod. ;) MTF may have to create a separate Fedal forum just for her.

*edit*

I'm watching a livestream of the Olympic opening ceremonies and they just showed Rafa, Roger, Andy M., and the WS laughing and smiling, all having a great time. :aparty: The cameras seem to be focusing a lot on the tennis players. :D

Look, Rafa's so excited he's actually calling somebody in the middle of the Olympic opening ceremonies. :lol:

Tennis player Rafael Nadal walks with the Olympic team from Spain during the opening ceremony for the Beijing 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Friday, Aug. 8, 2008.

*edit again*

I know this is the Rafa forum but unlike that other forum we can talk about other players positively here. Here's Roger carrying the flag. :cool:

BEIJING - AUGUST 08: Roger Federer of the Swiss Olympic men's tennis team carries his country's flag to lead out the delegation during the Opening Ceremony for the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics at the National Stadium on August 8, 2008 in Beijing, China.

NancyIsabelle
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the pics Tangerine ! Rafa has all the reasons in the world to be so excited. These ceremonies are absolutely fabulous ! Thanks again ! :)

Lopaka
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Look, Rafa's so excited he's actually calling somebody in the middle of the Olympic opening ceremonies. :lol:

It would not be our Rafa without a cell phone in his hand.:haha: It's good to see him looking so excited and happy.

Here is one from ElMundo.es. I'm looking forward to seeing a video.

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/especiales/2008/08/jjoo2008/includes/include_home/img/nadaldesfile.jpg

The picture from Diario de Mallorca (http://www.diariodemallorca.es/servicios/lupa/lupa.jsp?pIdFoto=1371614&pRef=2008080800_11_383038__Deportes-Camino-dificil-para-Nadal) seems to indicate Rafa is have no problem having his breakfast of Champions.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/2008-08-15_IMG_2008-08-08_23_40_19_.jpg

Mimi
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
yep, she thinks our IQ are a bit low, like kids in kindergarden, well, may be its just me who has low iq, not yours :angel:Karin doesn't like the Rafa forum much. She prefers the Fed forum.

tennizen
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
yep, she thinks our IQ are a bit low, like kids in kindergarden, well, may be its just me who has low iq, not yours :angel:

Trust me mimi, we are all low IQers in here and proud of that fact:D;)

NancyIsabelle
08-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I supposed you all read about the Olympic Village for the athletes. From one of our reporter here who is there and does a blog (a former athlete), it's truly amazing. Maybe it will not be a 5 star hotel for Rafa, but everything is so clean and the athletes seem to have someone to help them 24 hours a day.

Metis
08-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Update!

Don't forget to post your predictions before the 1st match!

1st -
2nd -
3rd - MariaV, tangerine dream, wildegirl05
QF - acionescu, M.C., rafa maniac, tennizen, Tess Gray
SF -
BRONZE - Aenea, Minn, shawshank, yana
SILVER - Metis
GOLD - Bachelor Dandy, GuiroNl, Lopaka, Luvyoyoma1954, NancyIsabelle, nashty, spriwi, Xoman

Metis
08-09-2008, 02:47 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/2008-08-15_IMG_2008-08-08_23_40_19_.jpg

nice healthy breakfast for Rafito :yeah: :lol:

NancyIsabelle
08-09-2008, 02:47 AM
I go for GOLD !!!! :)

wilmar
08-09-2008, 03:22 AM
[QUOTE=tangerine_dream;7468786]
I'm watching a livestream of the Olympic opening ceremonies and they just showed Rafa, Roger, Andy M., and the WS laughing and smiling, all having a great time. :aparty: The cameras seem to be focusing a lot on the tennis players. :D

Video of Rafa from the OC.

KkvyPTNOr18

Yes, I noticed the extra interest in Tennis too. I don't know if we get the same commentary worldwide. But the 2 commentators here were so excited. Of course, Federer and Gonzo were mentioned and easily spotted as they were the flagbearers.
But when the Spanish contingent marched out, those commentators were in a frenzy. "I hope the camera finds Nadal." :lol:"Where is Nadal?!?!:lol: as Nadal was in the midst of the Spanish team, he was only spotted a bit later. And the TV time spent on the Spanish team was much longer becoz I think they want to catch a shot of Nadal ;)
btw, no mention of Djoker at all :p

Mimi
08-09-2008, 03:25 AM
of course you are not, you are one of the smartest :hug:

not bad to have a heart as kid, never get old :yippee:
Trust me mimi, we are all low IQers in here and proud of that fact:D;)

Mimi
08-09-2008, 03:28 AM
its a bit surprising for me that rafito eats so little (as i read that he eats all the time so i thought he has a big stomach) :p

but hey, drinking coca cola in the morning is not that good for stomach :mad::p

Minn
08-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Metis, add me to the list for bronze, please. I assume you're not doing doubles?

shawshank
08-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Put me for bronze medal please. I'm afraid Djokovic will beat our hero again :(

nashty
08-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Gold, please.

Rafa looks so happy in the ceremony.

yana
08-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I say Rafi will win the bronze :) Let Feddy have the gold ;)

yep, she thinks our IQ are a bit low, like kids in kindergarden, well, may be its just me who has low iq, not yours :angel:

I have a low IQ too and I am proud of it :worship: People with low IQ are happier :D

Metis
08-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Rafa is starting with doubles on Sunday:

Show Court 1
starting at 10:30

MS 1 (12) GONZALEZ Fernando ( CHI ) vs (IP) SUN Peng ( CHN )
Followed By
WS 1 PENG Shuai ( CHN ) vs SUAREZ NAVARRO Carla ( ESP )

not before 17:00
MS 1 TIPSAREVIC Janko ( SRB ) vs (5) FERRER David ( ESP )
Followed By
WS 1 (9) ZVONAREVA Vera ( RUS ) vs YAN Zi ( CHN )
MD 1 BJORKMAN Jonas / SODERLING Robin ( SWE ) vs (6) NADAL Rafael / ROBREDO Tommy ( ESP )

Complete OOP for Sunday:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129537

NancyIsabelle
08-09-2008, 03:31 PM
NancyIsabelle, can you give me a name/link for this blog? Thanks.

Hello Minn ! This blog is on Radio-Canada (French section) and it's written by Bruny Surin :) I think he will definitely concentrate on athletism as he is a former champion in athletism. I am trying to find his last chronic regarding the olympic village but cannot find it. I will write to RC's website management to know how we can access the other chronics of all those who have a blog. It must be somewhere.

When Bruny Surin talked about the Olympic Village, he said he was stunned because everything was so clean. They put benches and gardens everywhere, little fountains here and there.

In this link, he talks about athletism : http://pekin.radio-canada.ca/pekin/athletisme/2008/08/08/004-bruny2.shtml

I think the English section of Radio-Canada (CBC) has a very good coverage too with their website. :wavey:

NancyIsabelle
08-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Put me for bronze medal please. I'm afraid Djokovic will beat our hero again :(

Hum ... I don't know, Shawshank. It's only my opinion of course but high humidity might be a factor that will not help Djokovic. We will see anyway. :wavey:

raven gypsy
08-09-2008, 04:19 PM
This seems like a good take on Raf's thinking now...

"Rafael Nadal is enjoying his Olympic experience. He’s making the most of every moment, as could be seen in the opening ceremony. “In the opening ceremony I felt a huge emotion. It was unforgettable. I was very happy to be able to live something like that. It was special. Historical. Moments to enjoy. It was something unforgettable … because it was hard”, added Nadal alluding to the length of the party, where he didn’t see (sic) the Swiss Roger Federer. :sad:

"I didn’t meet Federer but I saw him in the big screen in the stadium. Everything here is special. You have great feelings. Different from those in other tournaments. Everything, you live with people playing other sports and from other countries”, said Nadal, who acknowledged his wish to fully enjoy the experience and watch other players and sports, particularly basketball.

Sounds like a terrific experience for him!!

posted on vamosbrigade
ttp://jjoo.marca.com/2008/2008/08/09/tenis/1218266259.html

Metis
08-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Metis, add me to the list for bronze, please. I assume you're not doing doubles?

Oops I forgot to answer that. No, only singles are included in the competition. :)

NancyIsabelle
08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks. I'll check out the French and English links. (I'm watching the French and English channels on TV too!)

That's great Minn ! Radio-Canada has a good coverage but it seems that CBC is even better. On the French side, if you understand French, check out for Jean-René Dufort's funny reports from China. It's also on Radio-Canada. I saw one this morning and laughted so much. He had a special "view" on Rafa when Spain came in the stadium.

Bibberz
08-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Metis, put me down for a gold. :D

tangerine_dream
08-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Did anybody watch NBC's coverage of the OC last night? When the Spanish contingent walked in, they focused the whole time on Rafa. :haha: It was great, they couldn't stop talking about the Wimbledon final. Rafa looked like he was having an absolute blast, his face must have hurt from smiling so much. I'll try to have the video ready later today. The IOC has been taking all Olympic videos down from YouTube as soon as they see them so I won't be posting it to YT, unfortunately.

Lopaka
08-10-2008, 02:01 AM
It was worth watching the Opening Ceremonies if for no other reason than seeing Rafa looking so happy and excited.

I was wondering if it might have been a Chinese supervised broadcast feed and NBC had no real control on who was featured. Regardless we got to see more of Rafa than I expected.

Besides Rafa I guess the highlight of OC was Yao Ming and the little boy who survived the earthquake.:worship:

M.C.
08-10-2008, 02:05 AM
QF please

Vamos

NancyIsabelle
08-10-2008, 03:59 AM
Yep ! Enjoy the Olympics everyone. I am now watching Phelps ... there are so many sports I want to watch. I know I will enjoy.

tangerine_dream
08-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Put me down for the 3rd round, Metis.

Tess Gray
08-10-2008, 10:36 AM
The dutch commentators were like: I don't think Rafael Nadal will ever be number one in his career and that you can't earn points in the Olympics:mad:

They really know what they're talking about :rolleyes:

Xoman
08-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Metis, put me down for GOLD.

Metis
08-10-2008, 04:13 PM
OOP for Monday! Rafa is playing both singles and doubles due to the Sunday rain. Don't expect much though, it's supposed to rain on Monday too. :mad:

Centre Court

MS 1 STARACE Potito ( ITA ) vs (2) NADAL Rafael ( ESP )
Followed By
WS >> 1 (4) WILLIAMS Serena ( USA ) vs GOVORTSOVA Olga ( BLR ) 6-3 2-1
MS 1 (1) FEDERER Roger ( SUI ) vs TURSUNOV Dmitry ( RUS )
WS 1 (7) WILLIAMS Venus ( USA ) vs BACSINSZKY Timea ( SUI )
Followed By
MS 1 GINEPRI Robby ( USA ) vs (3) DJOKOVIC Novak ( SRB )
WS 1 LI Na ( CHN ) vs (3) KUZNETSOVA Svetlana ( RUS )

Show Court 2

WS 1 (6) SAFINA Dinara ( RUS ) vs SANTANGELO Mara ( ITA )
Followed By
WS >> 1 (10) HANTUCHOVA Daniela ( SVK ) vs SUGIYAMA Ai ( JPN ) 6-2 3-0
MS 1 TIPSAREVIC Janko ( SRB ) vs (5) FERRER David ( ESP )
WS 1 ZHENG Jie ( CHN ) vs (11) SZAVAY Agnes ( HUN )
Followed By
MD 1 BJORKMAN Jonas / SODERLING Robin ( SWE ) vs (6) NADAL Rafael / ROBREDO Tommy ( ESP )
MD 1 MURRAY Andy / MURRAY Jamie ( GBR ) vs NESTOR Daniel / NIEMEYER Frederic ( CAN )
WS 1 BONDARENKO Kateryna ( UKR ) vs (5) DEMENTIEVA Elena ( RUS )

Complete OOP:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129600

louised
08-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Is it too late to get in on this thing?? I hope not!

Put me down for Gold if it's not too late :)

Rog1
08-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Is it too late to get in on this thing?? I hope not!

Put me down for Gold if it's not too late :)

Hey Louised,

I'm from Ireland too. Dublin to be precise. I hope if Roger can't make it to the final and win Gold then the is only one other guy I do want to see win it...........RAFA

Linda (Luton-UK)

louised
08-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey Louised,

I'm from Ireland too. Dublin to be precise. I hope if Roger can't make it to the final and win Gold then the is only one other guy I do want to see win it...........RAFA

Linda (Luton-UK)

Wow that's cool, I'm from Galway!:wavey: We don't have a whole lot of tennis fans in Ireland so it's always good to run into another one.
And don't fret I'm a big Rafa fan but I'm no fed hater, I'm not really a hater at all so I won't be flaming your fave :)

Best result would be both of them in the final and best man wins :cool:

Foxy
08-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I have to make my prediction now. For me the only reasonable options are QF, Silver or Gold.
So, I pick the QF. That is my final verdict! :devil:

the biscuit
08-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Bronze.

Getta
08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Vamos Rafa! :rocker2:

Metis, don't know yet where are you going to put me down.

Metis
08-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Update! :D

Rafa's 1st match is supposed to start in about 6.5 hours but if it is delayed/postponed to Tuesday you have more time to post/change your prediction!

1st -
2nd -
QF - acionescu, Foxy, M.C., rafa maniac, tennizen, Tess Gray
SF -
BRONZE - Aenea, Minn, shawshank, the biscuit, yana
SILVER - Metis
GOLD - Bachelor Dandy, GuiroNl, Lopaka, luised, Luvyoyoma1954, NancyIsabelle, nashty, spriwi, Xoman

Metis, don't know yet where are you going to put me down.

you can make a prediction even if you're not sure and then change it before the match starts :shrug:

Metis
08-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Rafa wins his first singles match :yeah:

Nadal-Starace 6-2 3-6 6-2

Lopaka
08-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Not exactly memorable but good for a start. :clap2:

spriwi
08-11-2008, 08:24 AM
wow that was far from comfortable :unsure:
i m affraid the court is f***ing fast with quite a low ball bounce :(

anyways, well done :yeah:

MariaV
08-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Hewitt in the next round is winn-able but after that - I don't think so. :o :sad:
At least he's had his fun at the Olympics. :)
Ferrer and Robredo both already lost in singles. :( :mad:

Foxy
08-11-2008, 11:11 AM
wow that was far from comfortable :unsure:
i m affraid the court is f***ing fast with quite a low ball bounce :(

anyways, well done :yeah:

Watching now Murray - Lu the courts seems to me at average speed. Definitely slower than Cincy.

cc2monac
08-11-2008, 11:31 AM
rafa didn't play a good match, esp. the 2d set though he did a great start
hope he'll play a better and more precise tennis vs lleyton
still, a win is a win! keep on fighting rafa!

Tess Gray
08-11-2008, 12:34 PM
well Muzza is out... Good thing for Rafa I think:D

veyonce
08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
The New York Times
Nadal Sweats Out His First Olympic Win

By PETER BERLIN
Published: August 11, 2008

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5043/11nadal650ui0.th.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11nadal650ui0.jpg)
Victor Fraile/BPI via Bloomberg News
Rafael Nadal of Spain made a successful debut in Olympic singles on Monday.

BEIJING — For Rafael Nadal the view from Olympus and the Olympics looks pretty good. Monday is the day that the tennis rankings change, and this was the last Monday, for a while, that Nadal will spend at No. 2. Whatever happens in the next seven days, on Aug. 18 he will depose Roger Federer as No. 1. The only inconveniences as he played his first Olympics singles match were the humidity and his opponent.

On a muggy Beijing morning, Nadal opened the day’s play on center court at Olympic Green against Potito Starace, an unseeded Italian. Nadal galloped through the first set in 39 minutes. But Starace’s resistance stiffened and Nadal had to work for 2 hours, 15 minutes before winning, 6-2, 3-6, 6-2.

“I played very good in the first set,” Nadal said. “It’s always very difficult to start the first match playing well and I did that.” Starace struggled to strike the ball in the right direction in the first set, but he broke Nadal in the second game of the second set and held off Nadal’s attempts to break back. “I had a lot of opportunities and I didn’t convert any and that’s the reason I didn’t win the second set,” Nadal said.

In the third set, Nadal attacked Starace’s serve with increasing aggressiveness. He broke through in the sixth game. It was not quite over. Starace led 15-40 in the next game, but could not take either break point. On the second, Starace hit a crosscourt backhand just long with Nadal stranded. Starace hung his head and put his hands on his hips. His chance had gone.

“I went for a winner,” Starace said afterward, consigned to a tiny interview room. “I missed. That’s tennis.” A few minutes later, facing a much larger audience in a much larger room, Nadal almost echoed the sentiment. “The point was important,” he said. “But if I’d lost it I’d have had another chance. That’s tennis.”

On the final changeover, Nadal raced out, pacing impatiently behind the service line like a big cat that has smelled blood and could not wait for the kill. The coup de grâce was quick after Starace stumbled out to serve all hope clearly gone.

While Nadal has been closing in on Roger Federer at the top of the tennis rankings, the last eight months have not been so good for Starace. He peaked at No. 27 in the rankings last October, but he was suspended for the first six weeks of 2008 by the ATP over gambling activity. Now he is ranked No. 71.

“Nadal is very strong, he never tires,” Starace said, revealing as much about Nadal’s psychological edge as about his physical advantage. “It’s too hot, too humid. I was a little tired by the last game.”

Nadal was far from comfortable in the clammy air. After his match he was asked the standard question about pollution. “The problem is the humidity,” he said, “I haven’t felt the pollution.”

At the end of each changeover, both players constantly dipped into the box under the umpire’s chair for sawdust to dry their hands. Nadal left a termite trail of it running along the side of the court. Both were constantly changing towels. Nadal complained that all of this was extra work.

But it seemed the humidity was the only cloud on Nadal’s horizon. He is enjoying the experience that was cut short four years ago. The victory Monday was the first in an Olympic career that Nadal described as “1½” matches. He played in the doubles with Carlos Moya in Athens and the pair lost in the first round. Village life, he insisted, suited him.

“The environment is different from other tournaments: different facilities, different accommodation,” he said after switching to Spanish at his news conference. “This is a taste of real life for me. You don’t have a chauffeur at the door of your hotel or a grandiose room, but I’m happier than ever. I love living with other people. Here I’m not alone but I’m with the Spanish team. All I need is a dryer.”
http://tinyurl.com/6cr32k

star
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the story, Veyonce. I loved the quote at the end. :)

tennizen
08-11-2008, 01:41 PM
The New York Times

http://tinyurl.com/6cr32k

Finally Nadal is the one that says what I want to hear from athletes regarding the pollution. Also great quote in the end:yeah:

Metis
08-11-2008, 02:48 PM
All he needs is a dryer? :scratch: :lol:

Anyway, Nadal/Robredo def. Bjorkman/Soderling 6-3 6-3 :yeah:

the biscuit
08-11-2008, 02:53 PM
All he needs is a dryer?

I'd want one too if I was as sweaty as him. It must be embarrassing to always create pools on court.

tennizen
08-11-2008, 02:58 PM
All he needs is a dryer? :scratch: :lol:

Anyway, Nadal/Robredo def. Bjorkman/Soderling 6-3 6-3 :yeah:

I assume he meant a clothes dryer ?

Metis
08-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I assume he meant a clothes dryer ?

Yes, but it sounds so random :lol: Don't they have cleaning service in the Village?

I can imagine Rafa wearing that 'housewife bandana' of his while washing his clothes in the bathroom sink. Then he turns around to Tommy with raised eyebrow and says: "It will take for ever to dry in this humid weather, no? :("

Lopaka
08-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Although I will always treasure the image Metis has created of Rafa doing his laundry in the bathroom sink, I sort of think he meant hair dryer.

In Cincinnati when I saw Rafa off court it did seem his hair was more "pooffy" than I remembered from Indian Wells. Either it is the L'Oreal or Xisca is teaching Rafa about the wonders of a hair dryer.:rolleyes:

cc2monac
08-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Lopaka it's quite normal that his hair look "more pooffy"...when you cut your hair it always goes like this. That's why we advice those who have curly hair not to cut them too short unless they want to look like a sheep

congrats for the win in double rafa ant tommy!

Minn
08-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Although I will always treasure the image Metis has created of Rafa doing his laundry in the bathroom sink, I sort of think he meant hair dryer.

In Cincinnati when I saw Rafa off court it did seem his hair was more "pooffy" than I remembered from Indian Wells. Either it is the L'Oreal or Xisca is teaching Rafa about the wonders of a hair dryer.:rolleyes:

:haha: I didn't even think of a hair dryer! I thought he meant clothes dryer too. I loved Metis' image! Humidity can certainly make hair more poofy too, so I guess you're right, Bob. Funny statement by Rafa either way. :D

Metis
08-11-2008, 07:13 PM
OOP for Tuesday!

Centre Court

WS 2 PENG Shuai (CHN) vs (15) CORNET Alize (FRA)
Followed By
WS 2 (7) WILLIAMS Venus (USA) vs BENESOVA Iveta (CZE)

WS 2 BONDARENKO Alona (UKR) vs (2) JANKOVIC Jelena (SRB)
Followed By
MS 2 HEWITT Lleyton (AUS) vs (2) NADAL Rafael (ESP)
MS 2 (1) FEDERER Roger (SUI) vs (INV) AREVALO Rafael (ESA)
WD 1 GOVORTSOVA Olga / KUSTOVA Darya (BLR) vs PENG Shuai / SUN Tiantian (CHN)

Complete OOP: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129680

rafa_maniac
08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Finally a chance to get a non-clay win over Hewitt!

Getta
08-11-2008, 08:46 PM

cc2monac
08-12-2008, 01:39 PM
rafa won! 6/1 6/2!!! I can't beleive it!! much more impressive than yesterday!
congrats rafa!

Metis
08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
OOP for Wednesday:

Show Court 1

starting at 16:00
ANDREEV Igor (RUS) vs (2) NADAL Rafael (ESP)
Followed By
(6) SAFINA Dinara (RUS) vs ZHENG Jie (CHN)
(16) CIBULKOVA Dominika (SVK) vs (2) JANKOVIC Jelena (SRB)
GUCCIONE Chris / HEWITT Lleyton (AUS) vs (6) NADAL Rafael / ROBREDO Tommy (ESP)

Complete OOP: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129731

Tess Gray
08-12-2008, 06:50 PM
6-1 6-2 :eek: WOW. That I didn't expect:D

Metis
08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Nadal-Starace 6-2 3-6 6-2
Nadal-Hewitt 6-1 6-2

If Rafa beats Andreev then he'll have to face either Lu or Melzer. It's a good opportunity to reach the semis. Let's hope things will go well. BTW he's facing Hewitt again in the doubles tomorrow. :D

1st -
2nd -
SF -
SILVER - Metis
GOLD - Bachelor Dandy, GuiroNl, Lopaka, luised, Luvyoyoma1954, NancyIsabelle, nashty, spriwi, Xoman

Some (3) people need to lose tomorrow. :armed:

wildegirl05
08-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Some (3) people need to lose tomorrow. :armed:

i want to lose tomorrow :rocker: vamos, rafa!

the_natural
08-13-2008, 07:59 AM

Yeh pretty much. And its true, he does have a cow that He loves, litterally, It was front page news when he got that cow, not Mirka. Although thats pretty funny bwahaha, I dont know why I dont like her, oh wait, yeh its cos of who shes boinking

the_natural
08-13-2008, 08:00 AM

Bullsh!T we are sweetiepies, MOST Rafa lovers are, its just me that likes to come here and bitch Anyways this is rafas forum we can say what we like about who we like, you got a problem go bitch in MTF.

Mimi
08-13-2008, 08:04 AM
hi the Natural :wavey:, how come Hewitt play so badly these days? :wavey:

the_natural
08-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I hope Rafa at least loses the doubles, I would love him to win the Gold in singles, although thats going to "Rogi" (There happy? I used the name), berdych is a head case and will lose when "rogi" slices the ball once or twice and berdych says "F!@# it i dont wanna bend my knees or move my feet, just like every other friggin match i play i dont wanna work hard" and then has a brain explosion and loses in 2 tiebreakers or somethin. Then its a clear run to the final, Nalby and Nole might be the 1 to watch for silver if rafa doesnt get it.

Oh and back to that cow lover comment, I may not like seeing mirka in the box, but I wouldnt call her that, i take my Sports rage out on the beloved "Rogi", And to all the fedtards reading this "Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" I remember the "piggy" comments about Rafa.

Mimi
08-13-2008, 08:15 AM
don't worry, i know that sometimes you may get a bit emotional, but i never doubt you would refer Mirka as a cow, the cow which you were referring is definitely Juilette, just that some people are a bit sensitive :hug:

actually a cow is better than a pig, which many people regard as dirty :shrug:

I hope Rafa at least loses the doubles, I would love him to win the Gold in singles, although thats going to "Rogi" (There happy? I used the name), berdych is a head case and will lose when "rogi" slices the ball once or twice and berdych says "F!@# it i dont wanna bend my knees or move my feet, just like every other friggin match i play i dont wanna work hard" and then has a brain explosion and loses in 2 tiebreakers or somethin. Then its a clear run to the final, Nalby and Nole might be the 1 to watch for silver if rafa doesnt get it.

Oh and back to that cow lover comment, I may not like seeing mirka in the box, but I wouldnt call her that, i take my Sports rage out on the beloved "Rogi", And to all the fedtards reading this "Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" I remember the "piggy" comments about Rafa.

bokehlicious
08-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Same to you Lover of the cow fucker, go back to struggling to win bronze medals Racist Neutral fucker :) I love you

:hug: :kiss: those Rafa fangirls are soooo lovely :hearts: :hearts:

MariaV
08-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Btw the cow Juliette is now dead already I believe. :sad:

bokehlicious
08-13-2008, 08:59 AM
yeah Maria, she died a couple years ago :sad: :o

Mimi
08-13-2008, 09:06 AM
seriously, roger is not right about Juilette, since he is so rich, he can keep her in his garden, and not let them kill poor Juilette and died :mad::mad:

wildegirl05
08-13-2008, 09:30 AM
seriously, roger is not right about Juilette, since he is so rich, he can keep her in his garden, and not let them kill poor Juilette and died :mad::mad:

gardens in dubai flats must be a new invention :bigclap:

MariaV
08-13-2008, 11:09 AM
6-4 6-2 over Igor Andreev. Seems like a pretty solid performance overall (of what WG reported). :yeah: And Igor not playing too well.
I'm glad to have failed again, Metis. :lol: :D
Quarterfinal vs Melzer now. The obligatory :scared: :unsure:

Metis
08-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Nadal - Andreev 6-4 6-2 :yeah:

1st -
2nd -
SF -
SILVER - Metis

MariaV, tangerine dream, wildegirl05 you know the drill:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/hurdlefail.png?w=310&h=448

wildegirl05
08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
:woohoo: vamos rafa!! :rocker2:

metis, i can't see the image :awww:

Tess Gray
08-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Yay Rafa :D :banana: Congratulations, it was a good solid match, especially in the second set :D

I'm losing in the MIT next match :o Thought he was going to play Murray, but it's Melzer now. Should be a win :cool:

Metis
08-13-2008, 11:34 AM
:woohoo: vamos rafa!! :rocker2:

metis, i can't see the image :awww:

Hmmm... it shows on my screen. How about now?

Getta
08-13-2008, 11:58 AM
:lol: You're doing a good job, Metis. :yeah:

lara2.ribeiro
08-13-2008, 01:05 PM
does anyone know where can i watch the doubles match???
any link? thanks

kisses

spriwi
08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
should be possible @ channelsurfing.net as it's the same court as rafa's singles.

and it wasnt igor who played bad, rafa was very solid, moved him all around the court, used some nice angels and kept volleying :drool: volleying VERY well. and some lovely smashes after bounce from the baseline. playing on this level he has chances to do some harm against djoke...

Metis
08-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Nadal/Robredo lost in doubles to Guccione/Hewitt 2-6 6-7

More focus on the singles :rocker2:

OOP for Thursday:

Centre Court (starting at 16:00)
1. Roger Federer (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129791#) (SUI) v James Blake (USA)
2. Venus Williams (USA) v Li Na (CHN)
3. Jurgen Melzer (AUT) v Rafael Nadal (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129791#) (ESP)
4. Dinara Safina (RUS) v Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

Complete OOP: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129791

l_mac
08-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Nadal/Robredo lost in doubles to Guccione/Hewitt 2-6 6-7

More focus on the singles :rocker2:

OOP for Thursday:

Centre Court (starting at 16:00)
1. Roger Federer (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129791#) (SUI) v James Blake (USA)
2. Venus Williams (USA) v Li Na (CHN)
3. Jurgen Melzer (AUT) v Rafael Nadal (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129791#) (ESP)
4. Dinara Safina (RUS) v Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

Complete OOP: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129791

Typical! My first chance to watch any tennis since the Wimbledon Final :worship: and Rafa is scheduled at a time when I will be at work :mad:

tangerine_dream
08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome back Linda. :wavey:

Nadal - Andreev 6-4 6-2 :yeah:

MariaV, tangerine dream, wildegirl05 you know the drill:

Yay we failed! :banana: And we get an Olympic-themed fail photo too. :cool:

Fedal Alert! Rafa and Roger were listed as being among the Sexiest Men of the Olympics. I love the photo they used of Rafa. :)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing_olympics/beijinggallery/0,27379,5033585-5017127-11,00.html

Metis
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Typical! My first chance to watch any tennis since the Wimbledon Final :worship: and Rafa is scheduled at a time when I will be at work :mad:

Let's hope he wins and then you'll see him in the weekend :hug:

Or you can just call in sick :lol:

Fedal Alert! Rafa and Roger were listed as being among the Sexiest Men of the Olympics. I love the photo they used of Rafa. :)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing_olympics/beijinggallery/0,27379,5033585-5017127-11,00.html

You sneaky thing, putting that Fed photo next to Rafa's. :lol: The person who picked Roger's photo must have been a hater. :tape:

cinamoon
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM

yay, for once they use a flattering photo of Rafa in those things. But Roger's isn't so flattering:)

Vamos Rafa:devil:
if Novak's opponent could take care of him tomorrow that would be great.:sad:

I can already see the US draw, with Rafa and Djokovic up for a potential semi final match.:sad:

Pepi.
08-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Go Rafa :)

raven gypsy
08-14-2008, 12:12 AM

Wow. :lol: How did I miss the "Hottest Guys of the Olympics". Thanks for posting. This was a perfect thing to do with a break.

But no Phelps shirtless photos? :shrug:

steffis
08-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Sorry, it`s off topic but is anyone else of you a member of vamosbrigade? Do you also have trouble to get to the forum there? It says `error on the page`since yesterday!

Luvyoyoma1954@co
08-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Sorry, it`s off topic but is anyone else of you a member of vamosbrigade? Do you also have trouble to get to the forum there? It says `error on the page`since yesterday!

Yes, I am a member and am in the situation. I emailed the owner and am waiting to hear what is the problem. I miss the info you learn from VB a lot. :sad:

steffis
08-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Hey, I am glad that I finally found someone in the same situation. Can you please post it here when the owner has answered you? That would be cool. I miss the forum as well :-((

cinamoon
08-14-2008, 11:46 AM
oh man ia anyone going to play today?!:sad:

World sport
Rain threatens Olympic tennis tournament
14th August 2008, 18:03 WST

Heavy rain threatened further chaos at the Olympic tennis as a steady downpour delayed quarter-final matches.

Play would be pushed back at least two hours, organisers said, with a weather warning in place for "intensive rainfall", thunder and lightning.

The tournament had already lost most of the first day to rain, causing further congestion in an already packed schedule and prompting complaints from players.

Officials said a late night could be in prospect but that it was too soon to discuss extending the tournament beyond its Sunday finish.

They said they still hoped to get through Thursday's roster of 12 quarter-finals and two second-round doubles matches, possibly by using outer courts.

But the men's doubles bronze medal playoff, slated for Friday, would certainly be postponed with the quarter and semi-finals not yet played.

"Certainly there will need to be rescheduling of some medal matches," a spokesman said.

"At this stage, we're still hoping to play as many matches as possible, if not the whole program."

Top seed Roger Federer has led complaints about the schedule, which condenses four events into just eight days.

"I find it a little bit ridiculous that we're playing maybe 11 matches in seven days, to be honest," Federer said.

"I know it rained the first day. But, quite honestly, I don't understand why we don't play such a big tournament over 10 days maybe."

Federer was speaking after having just one hour and 40 minutes to recover from his singles win over Tomas Berdych before returning for the doubles.

Such stories were common with incoming world number one Rafael Nadal starting his first match at 10.30am on Monday and finishing late that evening.

Federer is due to face American eighth seed James Blake in the quarter-finals while Nadal has an apparently simple task against Austria's Jurgen Melzer.

France's Paul-Henri Mathieu and Gael Monfils are up against Fernando Gonzalez and Novak Djokovic respectively.

In the women's draw, Serena Williams plays Elena Dementieva and Venus Williams faces Chinese hope Li Na.

World number one Jelena Jankovic has Russian sixth seed Dinara Safina with Sybille Bammer and Vera Zvonareva contesting the last semi-final spot.

The US Open, the final Grand Slam tournament of 2008, starts just a week after the last day in Beijing, complicating any moves to extend the tournament.

Weather has been a major talking point, with several players voicing concern earlier about soaring heat, humidity and pollution.

Australia's two remaining teams in the doubles were also playing the waiting game.

Rennae Stubbs and Sam Stosur were initially scheduled to play their second-round match against Spanish fourth seeds Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual in the first match at 4pm (6pm AEST).

Lleyton Hewitt and Chris Guccione were scheduled to take on American world number ones Bob and Mike Bryan for a semi-finals berth about 8.30pm (10.30pm AEST) but may not get on at all now.
AFP

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=506188

tennizen
08-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Metis:woohoo: I get an epic-fail pic:D Btw its funny no Rafatard picked SF:rolls: No way Rafito loses that one:rocker:

Metis
08-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Nadal - Melzer 6-0 6-4 :dance:

In contention for a medal now :yeah:

1st -
2nd -
SF -
SILVER - Metis

acionescu, Foxy, M.C., rafa maniac, tennizen, Tess Gray: I would be lying if I said I was sorry you lost! :shrug:

http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2008/06/fail-row-your-boat.jpg (http://failblog.org/2008/06/09/row-row-row-your-fail-boat/)

wildegirl05
08-14-2008, 06:28 PM

acionescu, Foxy, M.C., rafa maniac, tennizen, Tess Gray: I would be lying if I said I was sorry you lost! :shrug:

http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2008/06/fail-row-your-boat.jpg (http://failblog.org/2008/06/09/row-row-row-your-fail-boat/)

:spit:

tennizen
08-14-2008, 06:35 PM

I am the one with the cap:D:rolls:

Metis
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
I am the one with the cap:D:rolls:

That's quite a beard. :eek: :worship: How long has it been since you last shaved? :lol:

Tess Gray
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Metis that pic is hilarious :lol:

Rafa, I know you can do it tomorrow:D

Getta
08-14-2008, 07:06 PM

10nisfan
08-14-2008, 07:23 PM
I hope RAFA can avenge his loss to Djoker in Cincy when they play in the Semis here...

If he gets past Djoker, then I think his path to getting the Pot of Gold at the end will be easier....

Go RAFA!!!...:rocker2:

the biscuit
08-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't know where to put this so I'll just put it here.

From tennis.com

After his latest match win, Rafael Nadal cannot lose the No. 1 ranking at the US Open, reports Daily Tennis. Having reached at least the quarterfinals in Beijing, the Spaniard will move too far ahead for Roger Federer to overtake him at the US Open.

Federer is defending the US Open title while Nadal reached only the fourth round there last year.

Minn
08-14-2008, 09:00 PM
:haha: at the latest fail picture and hoping I'm part of the next losing group.

Metis
08-14-2008, 09:58 PM
OOP for Friday:

Centre Court
4pm start

(8) BLAKE James (USA) vs (12) GONZALEZ Fernando (CHI)
(6) SAFINA Dinara (RUS) vs (2) JANKOVIC Jelena (SRB)
(3) DJOKOVIC Novak (SRB) vs (2) NADAL Rafael (ESP)
(1) KUZNETSOVA/SAFINA (RUS) vs (8) YAN/ZHENG (CHN)

Complete OOP: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129860

nashty
08-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Go Rafa!! :rocker2: Fight for the medal!

Pepi.
08-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Good luck rafa :D

lara2.ribeiro
08-15-2008, 10:58 AM
a por Djokobitch, a por todos campeon!!!!

cc2monac
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I can't wait anymore! i want rafa to play! and to win though I like nole...You can have the bronze nole if you want
vamos rafa! good luck!

cc2monac
08-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Rafa is so impressing when serving! so bad he messed up that break point when nole was serving first

nashty
08-15-2008, 05:26 PM
YEAH!!!!:rocker2: bite the gold please.:)

Xoman
08-15-2008, 05:27 PM
:woohoo:
Nadal won!
Common, now to the final for GOLD

tennizen
08-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Rafa:worship: One of my most favorite matches ever today:worship:

Metis
08-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Nadal - Djokovic 6-4 1-6 6-4 :woohoo:

Let's go for the GOLD now :rocker2:

1st -
2nd -
SF -
SILVER - Metis

Take that Aenea, Minn, shawshank, the biscuit and yana :ras:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/hurdletangle.jpg

10nisfan
08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
WWOOOWWWEEEEE!!!!!...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

VAMOS RAFA!...:bowdown::worship:

NOW GO FOR THE GOLD!!!!! :rocker:

the biscuit
08-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I've never been so happy to lose something.

VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS (I'm actually yelling that now in my room). :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This was more than I had expected. :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Herdwick
08-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Popping in briefly from :crying2: Noleland but must :bowdown: yet again to Rafa today. Terrific match and he's a mental titan. So impressive, many congrats. What a year he's having.

It will be good to see the best player in the world get the Olympic gold - it may just finally validate the Olympics in tennis terms.

star
08-15-2008, 06:02 PM
So happy and proud of Nadal today. :worship:

Of course, I felt badly for Nole. I wish this could have been the championship match. :sad:

I think this was a tremendous win for Nadal to establish himself on hard court in a very important tournament and match.

And still more impressed that Nadal chose to perform in the Olympics as an Olympian and part of the Spanish team instead of as a pampered professional athlete that demands first class accommodations and pampering. :bigclap:

Minn
08-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Popping in briefly from :crying2: Noleland but must :bowdown: yet again to Rafa today. Terrific match and he's a mental titan. So impressive, many congrats. What a year he's having.

It will be good to see the best player in the world get the Olympic gold - it may just finally validate the Olympics in tennis terms.

Thanks, Herdwick.

I'm happy to see a Fail picture for me! Metis, I hope you get to post one for yourself next! ;)

MariaV
08-15-2008, 06:15 PM

Thanks a lot, very nice of you. :hug: :hug: That end was dramatic and I even feel sorry for Nole. :hug: :hug:
Oh boy, what a match indeed. After the 2nd set I was sure Rafa was done. :o :o :eek: :eek: Shows how important the Olympic medals are for those guys. Nole showed some excellent hard court tennis I must admit. :hatoff:

And I will simply enjoy the final and be happy for either Rafa or Feńa, I like both guys a lot. :D
:wavey:

MariaV
08-15-2008, 06:18 PM
So happy and proud of Nadal today. :worship:

Of course, I felt badly for Nole. I wish this could have been the championship match. :sad:

I think this was a tremendous win for Nadal to establish himself on hard court in a very important tournament and match.

And still more impressed that Nadal chose to perform in the Olympics as an Olympian and part of the Spanish team instead of as a pampered professional athlete that demands first class accommodations and pampering. :bigclap:

You forget Nadal is a true Spartan but so is Nole I must admit. ;) :lol:
:hatoff: to both guys.

Pepi.
08-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Rafa :banana:

go for gold!

:D

tangerine_dream
08-15-2008, 06:36 PM
A f*cking animal, this raging bull is. :eek: Seriously, I did not think he would manage to medal here. I thought he'd be too tired, and he probably is, but instead of fading away he just gets stronger.

That was such a great match :bigclap: Rafa has ice in his veins, he did not flinch once. I loved the chest thumping too. Positively....barbaric. :devil:

Now finish the job and go get that gold medal for Spain, Rafa. Vamooooose! :D

*edit*

Yep, he wanted it *bad*.

l_mac
08-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Hopefully they will rerun this match here later on BBCi, but I won't hold my breath :sad:

I can't believe Rafa made the final :eek: I think I underestimated how much the Olympics means to him.

rafa_maniac
08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Hopefully they will rerun this match here later on BBCi, but I won't hold my breath :sad:

I can't believe Rafa made the final :eek: I think I underestimated how much the Olympics means to him.

And I hope you will be adding this to your sig very soon :D

star
08-15-2008, 07:40 PM
You forget Nadal is a true Spartan but so is Nole I must admit. ;) :lol:
:hatoff: to both guys.

Oh, no. I never ever forget that Nadal is a true Spartan! no no no.

In fact I think Invictus must have been his bedtime story from birth. I'm surprised there's no Rafa fan with the name "Invictus." :lol: :lol:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of Circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of Chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Getta
08-15-2008, 07:41 PM

Minn
08-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh, no. I never ever forget that Nadal is a true Spartan! no no no.

In fact I think Invictus must have been his bedtime story from birth. I'm surprised there's no Rafa fan with the name "Invictus." :lol: :lol:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of Circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of Chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

This is one of the first poems I ever truly liked when I read it in I think Grade 10. I love that we've got a poem here and this morning we had a Shakespeare (Macbeth) reference from Scoobs in the chat thread!

Rafalover15
08-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Totally suprised

Sooooooooooo happy for him

:rocker2:

Lopaka
08-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Both Rafa and Nole deserve a Big Mahalo :worship::worship::worship: for starting my day off with some memorable tennis.

Rafa done good!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

An NBC rerun of the match would be nice too.

08-15-2008, 09:17 PM
:bowdown: Rafa defeats Nole :yippee: Now get the Gold Rafa :D

Tess Gray
08-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Rafa :hug: so proud of you :D

Go get that gold now :D :worship:

Minn
08-15-2008, 11:03 PM
If I remember right, giving out condoms at previous Olympic games was a topic of conversation for a while in our chat thread. This was in my local newspaper and online on Wed., Aug. 13. I wasn't sure where best to put it, so I put it here.

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/beijing2008/story.html?id=d52bca83-d8fd-4fba-839e-dc6b1abde8d2

Condoms plentiful in Beijing
Belinda Goldsmith, Reuters
Published: Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BEIJING - The Sydney Olympics ran out. Athens doubled the number. So organizers of the Beijing Games are hoping 100,000 condoms will satisfy the needs of Olympic athletes.

While sex is not an Olympic sport, it is expected to be an activity in the Beijing village housing 10,500 athletes, all of whom are in great shape and with plenty of free time on their hands once knocked out of the Games.

Athletes have received free condoms at every Olympics since Barcelona in 1992 to help raise awareness of AIDS prevention, and Beijing is no exception.

"There are many young, strong, single people in the athletes' village and, like everywhere, some will fall in love or other things, so we need to make condoms available," Ole Hansen, spokesman for UNAIDS China, told Reuters.

"A lot of these young people are not married or in relationships so we want to make sure they have the information and tools to protect themselves if they have sexual encounters."

The UNAIDS, the Beijing organizing committee BOCOG and International Olympics Committee are providing 100,000 condoms as part of a campaign on HIV prevention and anti-discrimination.

At the Sydney Games in 2000 athletes quickly exhausted a supply of 70,000 and another 20,000 had to be brought in.

The Foundation for AIDS Research, amfAR, said 100,000 were distributed at the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics in 2002 after a plan to distribute 250,000 condoms met protests by religious groups and was scaled back.

At Athens in 2004 about 130,000 condoms were distributed.

Hansen said the number available at Beijing was based on previous Games' experience and in keeping with previous Olympics would be available at medical centres at athletes' centres in Beijing, Qingdao and Hong Kong rather than put in rooms.

"We have people here from all religions and cultural backgrounds, some of whom may feel uncomfortable or offended with condoms in their room," he said.

To be discreet, two condoms are tucked inside every a brochure about HIV that are available at medical centres.

"People are encouraged to take the leaflets and to take as many as they like.

"They can use them or take them home for friends and spread the knowledge and awareness."

Chinese condom makers have jumped on the Olympics bandwagon.

One manufacturer, Elasun, has come up with a set of cheeky advertisements featuring a stickman swimming over a rippled condom that looks like a wave, riding two condom rings like a bicycle, and using a condom as a basketball hoop.

Condoms depicting the five Olympics mascots are also for sale on various online sites although nowhere to be seen in official merchandise stories.

Metis
08-16-2008, 01:40 AM
^^^ yes we were talking about that in the girlfriend thread I think :lol:

Thanks, Herdwick.

I'm happy to see a Fail picture for me! Metis, I hope you get to post one for yourself next! ;)

I'll be sad if I don't get one too :awww:

AHolder277
08-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Sorry, but can someone tell me what he's saying in this new vid? I can't understand him. Frown! Thank you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj5NP35iq-g

Metis
08-16-2008, 03:33 AM
As far as I could tell:

Rafa: "Incredibly happy. My goal (or part of the goal) is accomplished, I get a medal. For me it is... (crying)"
Reporter: "Don't cry or I will cry too"
Rafa:"I came here very tired and in the end I am in the final"

star
08-16-2008, 04:21 AM
As far as I could tell:

Rafa: "Incredibly happy. My goal (or part of the goal) is accomplished, I get a medal. For me it is... (crying)"
Reporter: "Don't cry or I will cry too"
Rafa:"I came here very tired and in the end I am in the final"

Awwwwww Rafa. :hug:

Thanks, Metis for the translation and thanks also to Aholder for posting the video. :hatoff:

Stefwhit
08-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Rafa is coming dangerously close to being my all time favorite player, both Steffi and Serena are being put on notice!!! He's already made me cross over from being a casual fan of the ATP to a hardcore fan, and I've been watching tennis for over 20 years!

AHolder277
08-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Yay! Thanks so much!

Lopaka
08-16-2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks AHolder for posting the video and Metis for the translation.

It has been several years now but my admiration for Rafa only grows. What else can I say he is one very special person. Got a feeling the Olympic finals will be another very special moment with Rafa.

chocc0
08-16-2008, 07:51 AM
woooohooo so proud of Rafa for making it to the final! Whatever the result it's a fantastic achievement and woooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo :banana:

rafa_maniac
08-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Nadal has never lost a match in Beijing now in two tournaments, let's hope things stay that way tomorrow!

Metis
08-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Nadal - Gonzalez 6-3 7-6 6-3 http://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_run.gifhttp://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_run.gifhttp://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_run.gif

Rafa :worship: :worship: :worship: Excellent performance!

1st -
2nd -
SF -
SILVER - Metis

A round of applause for the winners:

Bachelor Dandy, GuiroNl, Lopaka, luised, Luvyoyoma1954, NancyIsabelle, nashty, spriwi, Xoman :bigclap:

You win Olympic gold!!!

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:w9hgiAgo1XJ_GM:http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0belcVs7dva74/340x.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0belcVs7dva74/340x.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.daylife.com/photo/0belcVs7dva74&h=532&w=340&sz=40&hl=en&start=110&um=1&tbnid=w9hgiAgo1XJ_GM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=84&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dolympics%2Bgold%2Bmedal%2B2008%26star t%3D108%26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4 DMUS_enUS204US204%26sa%3DN)

Well, not exactly, just 80 points in MIT. :p

Another painful defeat for Metis... :sad:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/donkey.jpg

Metis
08-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Current MIT standings after the Olympics: :bowdown:

GuiroNl __________940
Xoman___________940

Foxy ____________860
Tnn74 ___________860

nashty___________840

tangerine_dream ___800

spriwi____________725

cmurray _________ 700
Luvyoyoma1954____700

hra87 ___________660
raven_gypsy______ 660

M.C. _____________600
scarecrows________600
Xristos ___________600

Getta____________505
NaDaLiTa_________505

tennischeto________500
Tess Gray_________500

Blaze-2004 _______460
Denisse __________460
MariaV___________460

elessar___________400
rafa_maniac_______400
TMJordan _________400

Bachelor Dandy_____380

shawshank________300

The Pro __________260

Lopaka___________180

platinum__________160

acionescu_________100
Chocolate&Rafa_____100
Heavenseventeen ___100
Minn_____________100
tennizen__________100

luised_____________80
NancyIsabelle_______80

Agassi Fan_________60

Tess Gray
08-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Metis, it's Gonzalez not the Djoker... Eventhough we would have loved to beat him again :lol:

RAFAAAAAAAAAAAAA... All the hard work paid off. Congratulations on the gold :hug: :D

Metis
08-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Metis, it's Gonzalez not the Djoker... Eventhough we would have loved to beat him again :lol:

RAFAAAAAAAAAAAAA... All the hard work paid off. Congratulations on the gold :hug: :D

:rolls: Thanks! I copy pasted from the previous post and forgot to change the name. Being sleep deprived didn't help either. :awww: :lol:

Tess Gray
08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
:rolls: Thanks! I copy pasted from the previous post and forgot to change the name. Being sleep deprived didn't help either. :awww: :lol:

:hug: :lol:

Heavenseventeen
08-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I MISSED IT!!!

But I'm SO happy!!!

Heavenseventeen
08-17-2008, 01:24 PM
That's twice now that I haven't bet on him winning the final, thinking that he would, and the haters who said he's only good on clay swerved me.

Note to whoever keeps track of the points:
From now, put me down for him to win the final. Every time.

jaybee
08-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Well-deserved! Gold medal and world number 1! Rafa is unbelievable.

Eden
08-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Nadal wins gold medal in Olympic tennis

BEIJING (AP) — Rafael Nadal has won a gold medal in Olympic tennis by beating Fernando Gonzalez of Chile in the final of men's singles.

Nadal overcame two set points in the second set, held every service game and won 6-3, 7-6 (2), 6-3 Sunday.

The gold medal was the first ever for Spain in Olympic tennis.

Nadal was already assured of taking over the No. 1 ranking Monday for the first time, ending Roger Federer's reign after 4 1/2 years. Nadal has won 38 of his past 39 matches, including victories over Federer in the finals at the French Open and Wimbledon.

Men's singles has traditionally been an upset-filled event at the Olympics, and Nadal is the first player ranked in the top five to win the gold.

Source: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hWQYEwmJBu4GOBNYxMJG1FrwqT9AD92K18H80

Congrats to Rafa for getting the Gold medal :) Incredible season for him and how fitting to go into his first week as #1 as Olympic champion.

raven gypsy
08-17-2008, 01:54 PM
WHAT A DAY!
Terrific times...

Rafa. :worship:

Lopaka
08-17-2008, 02:03 PM
RAFA YOU DONE GOOD!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Rafa Solid Gold :worship: :bowdown: :D

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 02:21 PM
*Feet beating a weary path to the 'what's Rafa won this week then' thread*

Simply awesome; never so much as a wobble when it really mattered. I would be interested to see a scan of his brain patterns at crucial moments and compare it to the brains of the rest on the tour. He really is something special. Many congrats yet again.

emzy
08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
WELL DONE RAFA. A well deserved victory and wonderful champion. VAMOS!!!!!!!! :worship:

Björki
08-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Rafa :bigclap2: :worship:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aLI7rig7edtK/340x.jpg

tennizen
08-17-2008, 03:37 PM
:worship: Rafa

:worship: me

AHolder277
08-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Rafa's the man. Awesome.

platinum
08-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Rafa :worship:

raven gypsy
08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3186/4jivp9tl06dp0074xy6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MariaV
08-17-2008, 03:58 PM
This is incredible, no?!?! Unbelievable, no?!?! :speakles: :speakles: :hysteric: :eek: :eek: :worship: :bowdown:
I still cannot believe this and have to watch it again. :D
:worship: :bowdown: :worship: :bowdown:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

tennizen
08-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Btw, the commentators today called Rafa the most humble #1 of all time:lol:

Edit: I liked this article and this quote in particular
http://www.bnd.com/508/story/436630.html

The Olympic tournament here brought most of the best players in the world.

Federer was here and, although he lost in the quarterfinals to James Blake, he won a gold medal in men's doubles. Novak Djokovic - who gave Nadal his most difficult test in the semifinals - was here and won the bronze. The Williams sisters were here and, although they couldn't avoid a 1-2-3 medal sweep by the Russians in singles, they won gold in women's doubles.

But no star shone more brightly than Nadal's. And yet no one tried harder. That's a combination worthy of No. 1.

Pepi.
08-17-2008, 05:40 PM
well done boy!

i love you :inlove:

so happy for him :D

NancyIsabelle
08-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Great season and great day for Rafa ! Congratulations to an amazing tennis player, a great and humble champion !

Many people say : "It's unbelievable, etc.". I understand ... but for me it's "believable" because that is where hard work, determination and commmitment lead Rafa ... to a gold medal at the Olympics and the number 1 ranking tomorrow.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

10nisfan
08-17-2008, 06:15 PM
NEVER IN DOUBT!!! :yeah: (although when I was watching his 1st round Match with Potato Starch, I thought he might lose)... :lol:

2008 IS A GREAT YEAR FOR RAFA... FRENCH, WIMBLEDON and NOW OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST!!!:worship: :bowdown: :worship:

WOW INDEED!!!... :clap2: :rocker2:

charliebrown
08-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Absolutely awesome :worship:

Sommarsverige
08-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Big, big congrats to Rafa for winning the gold medal :yeah: :woohoo: :bounce:

He soooooooooooooooooo deserves this and I am just so happy for him :yippee:

Rafas_grl
08-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Felicitaciones Rafito!!!!

Our boy has the gold!!!!!!!!

the biscuit
08-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm so happy for him. Seeing the ceremony, you could almost feel how much this felt for him.

And this on fast hard courts! :p

In all seriousness, this was a great accomplishment, especially if you hold his fatigue into account. He's the deserved number one. :worship:

Alexei
08-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Sorry, but can someone tell me what he's saying in this new vid? I can't understand him. Frown! Thank you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj5NP35iq-g

This vid no longer available. Could somebody upload it again. Thanks so much.:worship:

MariaV
08-17-2008, 09:04 PM
This vid no longer available. Could somebody upload it again. Thanks so much.:worship:

The video was removed because of copyright issues so I doubt it. I would've liked to see the interview too. :sad:

Alexei
08-17-2008, 09:15 PM
The video was removed because of copyright issues so I doubt it. I would've liked to see the interview too. :sad:

It's a pity! Could somebody upload this video to "mediafire"? plz..:sad:

AHolder277
08-17-2008, 10:16 PM
The video you're looking for is also here:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/Pooddle54/videos/1/

raven gypsy
08-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Apparently Michael Phelps is also a tennis fan:

http://tinyurl.com/6cshk3

"Q: Did you stay in the athletes village?

A: Yeah. It was pretty cool to meet Rafael Nadal. He's probably one of my favorite players to watch on TV.

And you saw like Dirk Nowitzki, saw Federer and saw all those guys walking around. So it was a pretty cool environment in the village."

Love it!

Jelena_78
08-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi :wavey:

I want to congratulate Rafa and all of you the gold medal and becoming world no.1 !!!
:worship: :clap2:

l_mac
08-17-2008, 11:04 PM

I want to congratulate Rafa and all of you the gold medal and becoming world no.1 !!!

Thank you :hug:

Don't think he could have done it without us! :rocker2:

Rafa :worship: :worship: :worship:

He looked really lovely during the medal ceremony. :hearts:

savesthedizzle
08-17-2008, 11:06 PM
He did look pretty lovely in the medal ceremony judging by your signature.

Tnn74
08-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Rafa! woohoo! you did it!
I had been moving and wasn't able to log on for 2 weeks :awww:
I can't believe I missed all the action here!
anyway, congrats Rafa! Vamos! :rocker2:

Mimi
08-18-2008, 02:29 AM
:woohoo::haha::bowdown::yippee::rocker2::yippee::c razy::music::rocker2::rolls::inlove::bdaycake:

Tnn74
08-18-2008, 02:32 AM
mimi :hug: how are you? :)

Mimi
08-18-2008, 02:50 AM
i am fine, just very busy, have to work now, see you later, wish your new house is nice :D:wavey:
mimi :hug: how are you? :)

Getta
08-18-2008, 03:01 AM

Thank you :hug:

Don't think he could have done it without us! :rocker2:

Metis
08-18-2008, 03:38 AM
I never get why people congratulate the fans. It's not like I had any part in the outcome of Rafa's matches by watching them sitting on my couch. :lol:

tangerine_dream
08-18-2008, 03:53 AM
Wow, is all I have to say. I've run out of superlatives. Rafa's year has been beyond his wildest dreams (so he says). I'm really thrilled for him, and so impressed how he makes it all look so easy. I liked Damn's post (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=7517623#post7517623) in GM celebrating Rafa's new status as the world number one. Just seeing his name and not Federer's atop the rankings is so out-of-this-world unreal. :worship:

And :hatoff: to the MIT participants who guessed Rafa as gold medalist. Great call!

I love this photo. This is an expression I've never seen on Rafa's face before. It's the first time that he looks like a man to me, no longer a "young man" or "kid".

http://www.vamosbrigade.com/images/number1olympicgold.jpg

jaybee
08-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Wow, is all I have to say. I've run out of superlatives. Rafa's year has been beyond his wildest dreams (so he says). I'm really thrilled for him, and so impressed how he makes it all look so easy. I liked Damn's post (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=7517623#post7517623) in GM celebrating Rafa's new status as the world number one. Just seeing his name and not Federer's atop the rankings is so out-of-this-world unreal. :worship:

And :hatoff: to the MIT participants who guessed Rafa as gold medalist. Great call!

I love this photo. This is an expression I've never seen on Rafa's face before. It's the first time that he looks like a man to me, no longer a "young man" or "kid".

http://www.vamosbrigade.com/images/number1olympicgold.jpg

Nice picture indeed.

star
08-18-2008, 04:18 AM
I never get why people congratulate the fans. It's not like I had any part in the outcome of Rafa's matches by watching them sitting on my couch. :lol:

It's a mystery to me. :shrug:

I can see saying: I'm happy for you. You must feel great. But I don't get the congratulations. Too much fan/player identification, imo.

But, :woohoo: :woohoo: It's official!

We are going to hear him introduced at the U.S. Open as "Four Time Roland Garros Champion, Wimbledon Champion, Olympic Champion and World's Number One!" That's going to be terrific. Just seeing his name on the top side of the draw is going to be great and strange. I can't even imagine how he is feeling. Well, probably he's sleeping. :lol: But imagine him going to sleep and waking up and thinking. I'm Olympic champion and number one. I don't know. It puts a smile on my face.

star
08-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Apparently Michael Phelps is also a tennis fan:

http://tinyurl.com/6cshk3

"Q: Did you stay in the athletes village?

A: Yeah. It was pretty cool to meet Rafael Nadal. He's probably one of my favorite players to watch on TV.

And you saw like Dirk Nowitzki, saw Federer and saw all those guys walking around. So it was a pretty cool environment in the village."

Love it!

PHELPS!! I knew I liked that guy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

prima donna
08-18-2008, 04:29 AM
Congrats, kiddies. Well done by Nadal.

Tnn74
08-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Phenomenadal. :angel: That's all I gotta say :worship:

GonzoFan
08-18-2008, 05:12 AM
:wavey:

I want to congratulate Rafa for winning the gold medal and congrats to all of his fans too :hug: I myself consider a Rafa fan but of course I wanted Fernando to win it but still it was nice to see Rafa with his medal and looking so happy and proud :hug:

Aenea
08-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Congratulations, Rafa, my baby for winning the gold medal at the olympics :worship:

Congratulations for oficially becoming world #1 :worship: :hearts:

Wish you all the best and Bamos!! for US Open :D