*Olympic Games* [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

*Olympic Games*

Marine
08-05-2008, 09:47 AM
It's time to make a special thread. :)

L'Equipe (today)

LLodra bon pour le service
Michael Llodra, qui avait abandonné au 1er tour de Cincinnati la semaine dernière, à cause d'une épaule et d'un biceps gauche douloureux, a été rassuré avant de s'envoler pour Pékin aujourd'hui avec Arnaud Clément.
"Il n'y a pas de lésion musculaire. C'est un nerf qui vient se pincer quand il sert beaucoup. Il faut gérer ça. Si la douleur persiste après les JO, on fera peut-être une infiltration", a dit son coach Olivier Malcor.

Good news, his injury is not important. He can play. :angel:
They leave today.

Main link: Franceolympique.com

http://pekin.franceolympique.com/pekin/index.shtml

Pepi.
08-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Go for a medal!

:D

Hangdog
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
It's time to make a special thread. :)
MERCI! :worship: And especially nice to see it started with a good news!
(Also thanks so much to everyone for all the news and pictures posted lately, it took me a while to check it all, but I've got a good time :) )

Does anyone know when the doubles draw comes out, is it on Thursday as well?

higherlaw
08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Sports Illustrated's Brian Cazenueve made these medal picks for tennis:
TENNIS
Men
Singles
G: Roger Federer, Switzerland
S: Rafael Nadal, Spain
B: Novak Djokovic, Serbia
Hardcourt surface gives Federer the edge over Nadal.

Doubles
G: Bryan & Bryan, U.S.
S: Llodra & Clément, France
B: Federer & Wawrinka, Switzerland
U.S. hasn't won a medal in this event since 1988.

link is here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/writers/brian_cazeneuve/07/29/medal.picks0804/5.html#tennis

Via
08-06-2008, 12:57 AM
merci beaucoup marine, good news and useful link :D

Sports Illustrated's Brian Cazenueve made these medal picks for tennis:
TENNIS
Men
Singles
G: Roger Federer, Switzerland
S: Rafael Nadal, Spain
B: Novak Djokovic, Serbia
Hardcourt surface gives Federer the edge over Nadal.

Doubles
G: Bryan & Bryan, U.S.
S: Llodra & Clément, France
B: Federer & Wawrinka, Switzerland
U.S. hasn't won a medal in this event since 1988.

link is here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/olympics/2008/writers/brian_cazeneuve/07/29/medal.picks0804/5.html#tennis

:lol: good to see that they haven't ranked the doubles in order, like with the singles.

deanna
08-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Silver? Yay :) Good luck Guys!

Via
08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
paulo and gael were at a 'club france' conference yesterday in beijing, but the other men weren't there :confused: i hope arnaud wasn't lost in transit :devil:

Marine
08-07-2008, 05:04 AM
No, he was just ... sleeping. lol
He and Micka/Gilles had a rest after their flight. It seems their absence at press conference was a bit a weird, cos just before, all the swim team (33 ! ) was present there.

I hope he won't miss the next one !

soulage
08-07-2008, 06:01 AM
In fist round, they get the australian open winners and one of the best team of the year: Erlich and Ram (seed 3). Well, It will a tough tournament and lose in first round could happen.

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_35061_original.PDF

Via
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM
In fist round, they get the australian open winners and one of the best team of the year: Erlich and Ram (seed 3). Well, It will a tough tournament and lose in first round could happen.

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_35061_original.PDF

i just saw that. i think it's worse than getting the bryans... they'd probably have more confidence playing the bryans :sad:

will another lonely planet guide be needed? lol

soulage
08-07-2008, 07:55 AM
i just saw that. i think it's worse than getting the bryans... they'd probably have more confidence playing the bryans :sad:

will another lonely planet guide be needed? lol
Yes to visit the great wall of China :angel:

Ram and Erlich have just reached the final in Cincinnati and anymay all their draw are tough. The choice of the seed is a little bit weird.

Via
08-07-2008, 09:35 AM
to visit the great wall of china, and to do this :banghead: lol

Hangdog
08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Just seen this horrible table called doubles draw... What a stupid senseless way to pick seeded players, it would be pretty equal if they made singles draw according to players doubles rankings :mad:

Well, we know that these two guys can be simply unbeatable sometimes, so everything is still in their hands. People say tennis is mostly about mentality rather than physics, and hopefully theirs heads will be alright because they've come to Beijing to take a medal.
Allez les gars :rocker2:
(meanwhile Russians draw, at least in doubles, is relatively not bad :angel: )
to visit the great wall of china, and to do this :banghead: lol
lol But it's not their fault this draw...

Pepi.
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
i hate the draw :sobbing:

but,
Good luck Arnaud, win this :devil:

soulage
08-09-2008, 10:52 AM
They play tomorrow in the evening.

Court 3

starting at 10:30
MS 1 (A) YU Xinyuan ( CHN ) vs (17) BERDYCH Tomas ( CZE )
Followed By
WS 1 VAIDISOVA Nicole ( CZE ) vs (15) CORNET Alize ( FRA )
not before 17:00
WS 1 (IP) MORITA Ayumi ( JPN ) vs ERAKOVIC Marina ( NZL )
Followed By
MD 1 (IP) GUCCIONE Chris / HEWITT Lleyton ( AUS ) vs (IP) CALLERI Agustin / MONACO Juan ( ARG )
MD 1 CLEMENT Arnaud / LLODRA Michael ( FRA ) vs (3) ERLICH Jonathan / RAM Andy ( ISR )

I won't be at home tomorrow so I couldn't follow it but maybe it's better. A big part of the medias who believed in this team for a medal are less optimistic since the draw is out lol

Here the complain of Bhupathi about the choice of the seed.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129427

Via
08-09-2008, 01:32 PM
good luck guys. maybe this time arnaud will bring a travel guide to read on court :rolleyes:

i wonder if we'll get the guccione/hewitt match tomorrow night :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

btw if erlich and ram end up winning a good medal, then i'll also be doing this :banghead:

Hangdog
08-10-2008, 08:06 PM
good luck guys. maybe this time arnaud will bring a travel guide to read on court :rolleyes:

i wonder if we'll get the guccione/hewitt match tomorrow night :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

btw if erlich and ram end up winning a good medal, then i'll also be doing this :banghead:
Too many green faces :p

Well, the most of the matches were postponed due to rain, and according to the new schedule Arnaud/Micka will play the last match on the court 7, I'd say at 9 PM at the very best.

Françoise (Truc) posted this screencap to the Beijing thread, and seems it's all we have regarding Arnaud.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147588&d=1218378123
At least I hope that no signs of Arnaud in the media means that he is seriously concentrated on his match and prefers not to waste the energy... ok :rolleyes:

soulage
08-10-2008, 08:23 PM
]
At least I hope that no signs of Arnaud in the media means that he is seriously concentrated on his match and prefers not to waste the energy... ok :rolleyes:
French media doesn't talk a lot of tennis because it's not a typical olympic sport and when they talk it's about Gael, Alizee and the withdraw of Tati.

It could raining tomorrow and being last match on court 7 :rolleyes: Are there lights on courts?

Via
08-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Too many green faces :p

Well, the most of the matches were postponed due to rain, and according to the new schedule Arnaud/Micka will play the last match on the court 7, I'd say at 9 PM at the very best.

Françoise (Truc) posted this screencap to the Beijing thread, and seems it's all we have regarding Arnaud.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=147588&d=1218378123

French media doesn't talk a lot of tennis because it's not a typical olympic sport and when they talk it's about Gael, Alizee and the withdraw of Tati.

It could raining tomorrow and being last match on court 7 :rolleyes: Are there lights on courts?

hehe you two have followed me with green faces! no problem from me :p

yes i'm sure there must be lights, as they have deliberated scheduled night matches from the start!

but seeing people still drenched in sweat during the opening (as my sister has pointed out to me), there's no guarantee that late evenings will be cooler, so it depends on the day.

*Raine
08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
I believe :banana:

soulage
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Midnight is past and they are still on court :unsure: Poor guys :sad:

They won first set 6-4 ! Alllezzzzzz

higherlaw
08-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Midnight is past and they are still on court :unsure: Poor guys :sad:

They won first set 6-4 ! Alllezzzzzz

live stream, anyone??? I'm stuck watching the Murray brothers..

soulage
08-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I think there is a live stream on this court but I don't know how to find it. I follow on the live score so I don't know who serve. Erlich and Ram won the first game of this second set and it's now 1-1

higherlaw
08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics
http://sport.francetv.fr/jeux-olympiques-2008/

maybe you already know these...they're not working for me.

soulage
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Delayed :o and it's 5-4 for our guys

It's 1:00 Am in Beijing

Bobble
08-11-2008, 06:10 PM
why was play interrupted??????

higherlaw
08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Delayed :o and it's 5-4 for our guys

It's 1:00 Am in Beijing

Could you post the link for your live scores, because my seems to not be so current. Thanks:worship:

*Raine
08-11-2008, 06:12 PM
It's 1 am here too.. poor guys at 5-4 in the 2nd. The only way I can keep up is through livescore too.

Did it rain again or was it because it's too late?

higherlaw
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
:wavey: hi everybody!

soulage
08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I think Micka had to serve for the match ( That's what I guess !) and at 1:00 am everything is stop :rolleyes: Eurosport doesn't talk of rain but of the time.

Truc
08-11-2008, 06:25 PM
No no, it was raining, it's written on the FFT website. And at 1 o'clock it was decided to suspend the match for today.

soulage
08-11-2008, 06:30 PM
No no, it was raining, it's written on the FFT website. And at 1 o'clock it was decided to suspend the match for today.
So Eurosport is not complete that was strange ! So good night to the players lol

Both team held their serve until 4-4 and they broke just before the rain. If i make no mistake it's Micka on serve. But Ram-Erlich can always win.

Hangdog
08-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks to everyone for the details! :)
Was there actually a live stream? I've heard there are cameras only on courts 1-3 :scratch:
So the match was suspended due to rain? Would be pretty stupid to stop it because of late hour as it started too late anyway.

Now no choking, please :worship:

soulage
08-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks to everyone for the details! :)
Was there actually a live stream? I've heard there are cameras only on courts 1-3 :scratch:
So the match was suspended due to rain? Would be pretty stupid to stop it because of late hour as it started too late anyway.

Now no choking, please :worship:
Yes they stopped because of the rain and didn't restart because of the time.

The match seems to be rescheduled as the last match of the evening session on court 7. http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/Schedule/TE_2008-08-12.shtml It will finish late again tomorrow especially if they're choke :devil:

Micka seems also to play in the evening session (2nd match)

Pepi.
08-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Go :devil:

Via
08-12-2008, 12:47 AM
thanks for all the reports. it seems so hard to find out what's going on, although you'd think that for an olympics event, there should be tons of websites around the world reporting scores and news.

last night i went to the official website result page, guess what i got! please come back another time because we're updating the page... something like that (in 3 languages) :o

well the frenchies are doing a lot better than i expected! lol just hope that micka won't be too tired after tackling andreev, because erlich/ram can still make a comeback.

*Raine
08-12-2008, 04:31 AM

Hoping they'll win the second set :D

Pepi.
08-12-2008, 12:19 PM
CLEMENT/LLODRA (FRA) d (3) ERLICH/RAM (ISR) 64 64

:banana: :banana:

soulage
08-12-2008, 01:13 PM

You're not superticious lol Micka plays again a three sets match. He will be tired tonight and Erlich and Ram have always their chance in this match. If there is a third set they can win for sure !

*Raine
08-12-2008, 02:27 PM

:banana: Please let it happen.

soulage
08-12-2008, 03:07 PM
It's done :worship: They must have played 5 minutes lol . Next round the Murray Brothers

*Raine
08-12-2008, 03:22 PM
It's done :worship: They must have played 5 minutes lol . Next round the Murray Brothers

:lol: Didn't even gave the opponents time to breathe.

:D I didn't even notice that it started.

:banana:

soulage
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
On the FFT website, it's written that was a 2 minutes game. Arnaud don't touch the ball lol

Hangdog
08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Unbelievable :lol: :bowdown:

Micka worries me a bit... "I was up to play for 5-10 minutes at the most, my shoulder was tired, I've lost quite a bit of energy in the last 24 h" - and tomorrow it will be his 5th match in 3 days :unsure: Ok, at least it's not the Bryans but the "Murray's family".

Via
08-13-2008, 12:38 AM
On the FFT website, it's written that was a 2 minutes game. Arnaud don't touch the ball lol

:lol:

poor erlich and ram. they would've considered themselves medal chances going to beijing.

so the french are now playing the murray brothers? i've heard that andy might want to leave early :devil:

*Raine
08-13-2008, 02:22 AM

:banana: beat the Murray brothers (I also like them... but still)

Via
08-13-2008, 02:34 PM
did i see right ??? they won 61 63 ????? :eek: :eek:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

:bounce:

*Raine
08-13-2008, 04:05 PM

You did :)

:worship::worship::worship: :banana:

soulage
08-13-2008, 05:22 PM
It will be against the russians Andreev/Davidenko :tennis: The way they play and their powerfulness is not the most suitable to our guys I think. Regarding the interview on fft website,they seem good, Arnaud thinks he played very good today and he thinks Micka has shined lol

higherlaw
08-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the updates everyone!

Good job Arnaud and Mika.

I now know how to see court1 and 2 through nbc.com. Is anyone else successful in getting a livestream yet? Hope so.

soulage
08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
They play on court 2 tomorrow. Second match

Court 2 (starting at 16:00)
1. Sybille Bammer (AUT) v Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
2. Igor Andreev/Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) v Arnaud Clement/Michael Llodra (FRA)
3. Roger Federer/Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) v Mahesh Bhupathi/Leander Paes (IND)
4. Ayumi Morita/Ai Sugiyama (JPN) v Serena Williams/Venus Williams (USA)

Hangdog
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM

:D :worship: :hatoff:

"'After being at the Olympics for the first time, and seeing athletes win medals I realise it's a big deal,' said Andy [Murray]."
Wow. :rolleyes: :help:
And you were right, Via, he also added he is sad he leaves to the US so late.

There are heaps of photos of Murrays from the match but no single picture of the Frenchies :mad: I want to see Arnaud in his Olympic outfit!!!!!!!!

2. Igor Andreev/Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) v Arnaud Clement/Michael Llodra (FRA)
Ohhhh :unsure: And who am I supposed to root for now? :awww: Let the best win...
...ok, for Arnaud's sake - allez!

Marine
08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm back !

I want to see pics of ARNAUD in Beijing, please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't see him since the ceremony (on canal+ they had a special cam on the french delegation and they showed the tennismen everytime, especially arnaud and gael :p:p)

Hangdog
08-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I've finally found two Beijing photos of this invi(n)sible guy on Oakley's website. They are poor, but at least it's something!
The first one is from a practice session, and the second is taken after (I think) that night match.

Pepi.
08-13-2008, 11:38 PM

GO ARNAUD!

Via
08-14-2008, 12:42 AM
I've finally found two Beijing photos of this invi(n)sible guy on Oakley's website. They are poor, but at least it's something!
The first one is from a practice session, and the second is taken after (I think) that night match.

do you mean oakley has his latest photos, because he wears their glasses? now that's news to me :eek:

i only have access to a crappy online scoreboard. the only tennis that i've seen so far was like two minutes of hewitt v nadal (and then they switched back to the swimming). anyway arnaud always plays when i'm having dinner or something, so unless he's on tv proper, i won't be looking him up on the computer.

irina you have every right to support your countrymen cos this is the olympics ;) (although if it's hewitt, you know which side i'll be on!)

anyway someone has said on another thread that andreev/davydenko is crap in doubles... but if they've advanced this far, they may not be any more crappier than clement/llodra.

deanna
08-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the pictures :)
Good Luck Boys! :D

soulage
08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I just came back at home and i see that's they're in a third set. I know they led 6-2 / 3-0 and we are in a third set :sad:

Tough !!

soulage
08-14-2008, 06:12 PM
They won in third :worship: even if the match was in their hands in the second :devil:

It 1:00 AM in Beijing and after such a tough match I hope they won't be too tired !

Marine
08-14-2008, 06:15 PM
ILS SONT EN DEMIE !!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

oh p.... j'ai suivi tout le match sur le web et j'en peux plus, j'ai failli faire une attaque tellement c'était stressant, et en plus le live est pourri et pas précis...enfin bref ils devaient gagner facile en 2 sets et je sais pas ce qui s'est passé après.
J'ai qu'une crainte, c'est la fatigue (il est 1h du mat la-bas !) et surtout l'épaule de micka !!!!!!!!

oops: SORRY I'm so tired and excited I wrote in french.

WELL, they have to be very tired it's late, they finished at 1.00am, not good for tomorrow, and I fear for micka's shoulder.

ALLEZ LES GARS just one match and it's a medal !!!!!!!!!

(ça faisait lgpts que j'avais pas été aussi stressée pour un match, je suis dans un état !!! lol)

*Raine
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM

Who's their next opponent?

I really hope they can win the gold. :banana:

soulage
08-14-2008, 07:06 PM

Who's their next opponent?

I really hope they can win the gold. :banana:

The swedish Aspelin /Johanson

The match Statistics http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/TE/C73B/TEM002303.shtml#TEM002303

They had one break in the second set that they lost on Arnaud's serve and in the third they had been broken back on Arnaud serve so the shoulder of Micka must be quite good but he must very tired !

Anyway the medal would be tough because each team want it and the swedish veteran for sure

Hangdog
08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
do you mean oakley has his latest photos, because he wears their glasses? now that's news to me :eek:

i only have access to a crappy online scoreboard. the only tennis that i've seen so far was like two minutes of hewitt v nadal (and then they switched back to the swimming). anyway arnaud always plays when i'm having dinner or something, so unless he's on tv proper, i won't be looking him up on the computer.

irina you have every right to support your countrymen cos this is the olympics ;) (although if it's hewitt, you know which side i'll be on!)

anyway someone has said on another thread that andreev/davydenko is crap in doubles... but if they've advanced this far, they may not be any more crappier than clement/llodra.
Oakley seem to care about their athletes who take part in the OL. You know it's probably the best thing that can happen to a sports brand when it's athlete gets an Olympic medal.
Anyway there are no new pictures of Arnaud on their page or anywhere else. What the...?! :mad: :rolleyes:

A proper dinner is more important than Arnaud's match? :p

Thanks for understanding. I'm indeed quite sad that my countrymen lost. Such a pity Marat doesn't play, otherwise I could root a bit even for him :devil:
Anyway it's a great news Arnaud and Micka are into semis, they are fantastic :worship:

Andreev/Davydenko or whoever else from top Russian players are never crap in doubles when they actually care about the match. In addition, isn't it the same couple who beat Llodra/Grosjean at one of the latest FRA - RUS DC ties?

soulage
08-14-2008, 08:56 PM
In addition, isn't it the same couple who beat Llodra/Grosjean at one of the latest FRA - RUS DC ties?
Yes! In five sets if i remember well.

In the FFT website, Arnaud and Micka underlines the quality of returns of the russians after a quite bad start. Both stressed on their concentration all along the match and are now focus on the next match not on gold medal.

Second match on court 1 tomorrow after the rescheduled double women probably around 17h30 / 18h00

Marine
08-14-2008, 09:09 PM
It's a shame, no pics, no infos, rien, que dalle, nada !
What do they have to do for a few pics ?? Gold medal ? :mad:
They're the only frenchies to stay in competition, with a chance of medal, and they (medias) don't seem to consider that as important. :mad:

audio itw http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=3972
Nothing special, it was a tough match, davydenko played very well at the end of the second set.

soulage
08-14-2008, 09:22 PM
one pic on l'equipe.fr

http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Jo/Titres/Media/clement_llodra_BREVE_140808.jpg

It's a small one

soulage
08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
It's a shame, no pics, no infos, rien, que dalle, nada !
Ce soir sur Canal, hervé mathoux a dit qu'il n'y avait plus aucune chance de medaille au tennis après l'élimination de Monfils et Mathieu lol Tout le monde se fiche du double au tennis en france :devil:

Marine
08-14-2008, 10:10 PM
quelle andouille, heureusement sur fr.2 chamoulaud est là pour rappeler que le double reste une bonne chance de médaille, il sait de quoi il parle, le commentateur de roland ! lol
Ceci dit je prefere regarder les JO sur canal, c'est de meilleure qualité, les reportages, les commentateurs sont complètement déchaînés, c'est sympa ! lol

ps: thank you for the only pic of them with the french oufit ! lol

Via
08-15-2008, 12:34 AM
don't worry so much about them being tired... after all, even if they lose in semi, they can still play off for bronze :p

that said, their chances are getting better and better ;)

the best thing about them making to the semis is.... my sister is going today :D no more worries about pics :hearts:

as for me i'll continue to be cooking at the time of the match :angel:

Via
08-15-2008, 09:20 AM
the best thing about them making to the semis is.... my sister is going today :D no more worries about pics :hearts:

outside courts are full, they can't find a seat! :eek:

:hysteric:

Marine
08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
ooh :eek::sad:

She can't see any match ?

Pepi.
08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
one pic on l'equipe.fr

http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Jo/Titres/Media/clement_llodra_BREVE_140808.jpg

It's a small one

:inlove:

Via
08-15-2008, 09:28 AM
ooh :eek::sad:

She can't see any match ?

she hasn't replied me yet, but i guess she probably has centre court seats. she's so lazy and didn't go earlier, now she can't get into court 1 and 2 :mad:

Marine
08-15-2008, 09:41 AM
oh ok, it's like in RG, the seats on small courts are "free" so it's not easy to get one. At least on centre court, when you have a ticket, you have your own seat.

I hope your sister will find a seat on court1 during THE match. :)

Via
08-15-2008, 09:51 AM
she just got into court 1 !!! :bounce:

now she'll just have to put up with the williams until the end of their match :D

have given special instructions how to cheer for them arnaud/mika :lol:

Marine
08-15-2008, 10:24 AM
she just got into court 1 !!! :bounce:

now she'll just have to put up with the williams until the end of their match :D

have given special instructions how to cheer for them arnaud/mika :lol:

She saw a williams match, she deserves a medal ! lol
It's over I think.

Via
08-15-2008, 10:37 AM
yes arnaud is on court... she mentions a headband but we know he always wears one, so it's not news. and i've been sending so many sms i'm going broke.

it's also time for dinner ;)

Marine
08-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I can't believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
They're showing blake/gonzalez, we don't care !!!!!!!!!!
They said they will show double just after the match, and it's only the beginning of the third set, how is it possible not to show the FRENCH !!!??? :devil::mad::mad:

And it's captain Forgezt who's commentating, I'm sure he doesn't care about blake/Gonzalez !

ps: Via, keep giving us news ! Fortunatly we have 2 super sisters here, we're lucky !

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I follow on live score and i think Arnaud just lost his serve, It's 3-4* for the swedish :sad:

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:14 AM
They broke back 5-4 for frenchies now !

Via
08-15-2008, 11:16 AM
sorry she said she's moving to centre court... that message was sent after arnaud just got broken :rolleyes:

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:26 AM
A tie-break for the first set :scared:

Truc
08-15-2008, 11:29 AM
France 2 is showing it live.

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:30 AM
On france 2, Arnaud just lost the mini-break but one again here 4-2

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:31 AM
big return of Arnaud 5-2

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Micka lost one point on his serve, it's 6-3

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Shit 6-5 by an ace of Aspelin, Pression on Arnaud

6-6 swedish saved 3 set points

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Arnaud lost his two serve and set for swedish ! Medal is far away and for bronze it would be Bryans or Federer/ Wawrinka pfff

Via
08-15-2008, 11:42 AM
BUGGER :mad:

thanks for the reports!

Via
08-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Arnaud lost his two serve and set for swedish ! Medal is far away and for bronze it would be Bryans or Federer/ Wawrinka pfff

it seems easier to win this one instead! no bronze, only silver or gold! lol

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:48 AM
2-1 for swedish and I got a bad feeling :sad:

Swedish seem to be very hard to break

soulage
08-15-2008, 11:51 AM
No more live on france 2

Swedish just broke Arnaud *3-1, I didn't see a lot on france 2 but swedish play very well. They are solid on their serve and very concentrated and don't miss set point or others importants points. Now I must go out but I suppose what will happen

soulage
08-15-2008, 12:02 PM
They broke back but arnaud serve today :mad:

Via
08-15-2008, 12:12 PM
:( maybe he serves badly cos the swedes are returning well

ALLEEEZZZ

Marine
08-15-2008, 12:25 PM
5/4 I hope the next game is not arnaud's serve.

Via
08-15-2008, 12:25 PM
the score was stuck at 5-3 for ages... :D now it's 5-4 :(

i've had enough

Marine
08-15-2008, 12:33 PM
6/4 ouffffffff

allez !

(it's not on tv anymore...)

Via
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
sister is back at arnaud's court cos she wants to wait for federer! :rolleyes: lol

nothing interesting to report though.

Via
08-15-2008, 01:14 PM
the swedish camp is too loud, sister says (meaning she can't usefully cheer for arnaud/mika)

Via
08-15-2008, 01:32 PM
the match is now 6-6 3rd set and my stupid scoreboard will not show any more points :sobbing:

Via
08-15-2008, 01:48 PM
i have a feeling that the guys are on their way to set another longest match record.

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I can't breathe. Terrible.

Via
08-15-2008, 02:08 PM
what is the #^&*(() score? the last i got from sis was 7-8 30-30 and that was ages ago :sad:

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:12 PM
11/10 Sweden

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
12/11 Sweden

Via
08-15-2008, 02:22 PM
:hysteric:

unbelievable

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Horrible, terrible, omg... plz stop this match, that's so hard for nerves.

Via
08-15-2008, 02:27 PM
are you following live scores, marine? my sis has already left the court and headed for centre court. i don't know if she's horrified or bored.

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Maybe she's bored, that's so long.
It's on tv.

delsa
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
It's on tv there... Unbearable.

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
13/12 Sweden.
It's not human.

delsa
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
13/13 Anybody supersticious? :unsure:

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
J'en ai marreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :scared::scared::scared:

Via
08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
i wouldn't leave, i'd rather stay than like now... not seeing a thing! lol

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
14/13 Sweden

Via
08-15-2008, 02:44 PM
please, i want to go to bed. this has been 4 hours????

Marine
08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
16/15

Via
08-15-2008, 03:01 PM
no one's giving up, not even arnaud's serve?

delsa
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
16/16 got rebroken... :rolleyes:

Marine
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
arnaud served for the match, but he got broken :sad:
I think they're going to lose now...

Marine
08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
17/16 Sweden

higherlaw
08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
A blurry screen cap

Via
08-15-2008, 03:13 PM
arnaud serving for the match, didn't mean they would win the match, you know that :lol:

Marine
08-15-2008, 03:17 PM
18/17 Sweden

higherlaw
08-15-2008, 03:23 PM
A few more

Marine
08-15-2008, 03:25 PM
It's over 19/17 Sweden
I'm in tears.
I hate tennis.
:sad::sad::sad:

Via
08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
it's so unfair..... some one had to lose. :(

how can they pick themselves up now to play for bronze?

thanks higherlaw! i didn't see the thumbnails last time.

higherlaw
08-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Aww:(.

Looking on the bright side, a bronze is better than no medal, tho.:confused:

sandy83S
08-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I cry! :sad::sad:

an incredible match,:eek:

mika and Arnaud were solid, and..... they lose, so near a silver medal or gold medal!

I hope for they will have bronze medal, them which have dreamed of these plays for 2 years!

It is in these moments there which I hate tennis:mad:

Marine
08-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Bienvenue au club, je t'invite à la thérapie de groupe "tenniscolic anonymes qui aimeraient pouvoir se débarasser de leur addiction entraînant des dommages post match assez grâves (dégoût, déprime, tristesse) ". :rolleyes:

higherlaw
08-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Bienvenue au club, je t'invite à la thérapie de groupe "tenniscolic anonymes qui aimeraient pouvoir se débarasser de leur addiction entraînant des dommages post match assez grâves (dégoût, déprime, tristesse) ". :rolleyes:

I hope we all feel better by tomorrow:unsure: Especially the players.

Anyway, Arnaud holds another record! Longest three set match in Olympic history!:rolleyes:
http://www.thelocal.se/13732/20080815/

Marine
08-15-2008, 04:33 PM
He's the king of the lost record matches.
Tomorrow I won't see, I won't follow the match, no way !!!!!!!!! Today was horrible for me, I don't want to watch tennis until the us open. I need a break.
Anyway the won't win bronze, they're too tired and too devasted for that.

Pepi.
08-15-2008, 06:46 PM
so sad :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

get bronze please!

Hangdog
08-15-2008, 08:48 PM
It seems I've picked the right day to miss their match... :o :sad:
Thanks to everyone for your reports, opinions and match details - and hope you all feel better after that nerve-racking ending :hug:

Marine, thank you for posting the interviews and making translations, they are very good (why didn't you post them in here but to the other thread?) :yeah: Keep it up! I'd say their reactions are surprisingly positive (well, more positive that could be expected).
So Federer has given up on singles and aiming to become number one in doubles now? It's unbelievable that there is a Swedes vs Swiss guys battle for gold while two other even if not the best but at least the most outstanding teams will fight only for bronze.

P.S. So we needed them to lose a match to get a whole lot of coverage, streams and photos? :rolleyes:

Via
08-16-2008, 12:02 AM
I hope we all feel better by tomorrow:unsure: Especially the players.

Anyway, Arnaud holds another record! Longest three set match in Olympic history!:rolleyes:
http://www.thelocal.se/13732/20080815/

:awww: my gut feeling was right! (how could it not feel the loooooooongesttttttttt)

problem for arnaud is, he always comes out the losing side of the longest battles :fiery:

are they playing again today? against the bryans?

edit: yes. same time, same court.

federer's team is the only singles players team that has got to medals stage. they are the exception, the regular doubles teams are still better than most :devil:

Via
08-16-2008, 09:53 AM
one last note on yesterday's match: my sister said that most of the crowd was there to wait for federer's match, so they were very frustrated that arnaud's match took that long. even the volunteers guarding the doors were complaining why wouldn't they hurry up? :rolleyes: nice attitude. it's a semi-final after all, and all they cared about was the star who wasn't yet on court.

or otherwise, it was truly a boring match, not worth watching :o

Hangdog
08-16-2008, 12:18 PM
They made two breaks and have just won the 1st set :bounce:

ALLEZ :rocker2:

Merci for the reports, Via! :)

Via
08-16-2008, 12:24 PM
still fighting, those poor guys! :D

ALLEZ... BRONZE PLEASE

did two russian girls get to the women's final? congrats :)

Hangdog
08-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Bryans are also still fighting and just took a lead 4-1 in the second :unsure:
I think at some point it might be even harder for them than for our guys to lose that match and then play against their bêtes noires for bronze.

Thanks :D Our girls are doing so great but it anyway doesn't help us to get more tennis on TV...

EDIT: Bon appetit, by the way :D You must be having your dinner at the moment :p

Via
08-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Bryans are also still fighting and just took a lead 4-1 in the second :unsure:
I think at some point it might be even harder for them than for our guys to lose that match and then play against their bêtes noires for bronze.

Thanks :D Our girls are doing so great but it anyway doesn't help us to get more tennis on TV...

EDIT: Bon appetit, by the way :D You must be having your dinner at the moment :p

:lol: yes i'm checking back at the computer. actually i've just finished my main meal :)

oh no i don't look forward to another long match :scared:

Hangdog
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Well, 3-6 in the second and the third set is to begin.
I'm sorry that it turns again into a long match but I believe it's anyway better like that rather than if there was a super tie-break.

BTW, New Haven draw was out tonight and Arnaud faces Belucci in the first round. Not a too bad draw.

Via
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
the bryans have won 2nd set 6-3

oh that... super tie-breaks! almost forgot this monster. no that is totally ridiculous and reduces the integrity of the doubles game. no way. even with marine out of breath, and my sister bored to the exit, it was still better last night.

the losers tonight will leave beijing with nothing... now that should be some incentive for another dog fight......

(blake has just lost in the singles play-off, if only this is america's unlucky night :devil: lol)

Via
08-16-2008, 01:25 PM
someone got broken in the last two games... and now bryans are up 5-3 in the 3rd :(

Hangdog
08-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Arnaud/Micka 3-5 :o It changed from 2-2 to 3-2 in maybe just a minute and then 3 tough games lost :sad:
Perhaps they should have rather lost in the first round :o :banghead:

EDIT: ah well, at least it's already 4-5. Fiiiiight!

EDIT2: and voilà, it's over 6-3 3-6 4-6

Via
08-16-2008, 01:29 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

there's no fight tonight. the frenchies are the ones who'll leave without their dream.

HoistDaColors
08-16-2008, 01:30 PM
it was over when they couldn't take those bp in the second set.

i so dislike thosse clones

:hug: mika and arnaud.

Hangdog
08-16-2008, 01:35 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7230/cry2lw1.gif
That's too cruel to them.

On the other hand, now Arnaud has a reason to play for 4 more years and then finally get this dream medal.

Via
08-16-2008, 01:42 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7230/cry2lw1.gif
That's too cruel to them.

On the other hand, now Arnaud has a reason to play for 4 more years and then finally get this dream medal.

:lol: in that case he can't leave with nothing. he has to search for a magic longevity pill from some beijing drug store. lol

:wavey: i'm watching real tv now. one more tennis match tomorrow and we can wait for new york. no hang on, new haven lol

sandy83S
08-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I cry, I cry!!!

they are made matches incredible, especially yesterday, I imagine their disappointment!

Mika and Arnaud ensured, unfortunately they fell on better them

Via
08-16-2008, 02:53 PM
no! we should look back and laugh. for example, see

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7499822&postcount=11498

Marine
08-16-2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=3983

Their reaction makes me feel bad again.
arnaud said he's very very affected by this loss, it's one of his worst loss in his career, the thougher (emotionnaly).
Micka was asked about a possible participation in London in 2012, and answered it was too far, he doesn't want to think as far for the moment.
Their voice conveys their sadness.
Total respect for these 2 great guys, I share their olympic values. I hope a glorious future for them in double. They deserve it.
Big :hug: to them

Marine
08-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Après leur défaite face aux frères Bob et Mike Bryan (3-6, 6-3, 6-3), samedi lors du match pour la médaille de bronze, Arnaud Clément et Michaël LLodra avaient bien du mal à positiver. Tristes, déçus, abattus : les Français ne parvenaient pas à trouver les mots justes pour décrire leurs sentiments.

Arnaud Clément, Michaël Llodra , vous étiez venus pour le titre. Finalement, vous échouez au pied du podium. C'est très dur...
Arnaud Clément: Bien entendu. L'objectif n'est pas atteint (long soupir). On est tous les deux très touchés, très affectés. On savait que ce ne serait pas facile. Ca ne l'a pas été. On a eu beaucoup d'occasions hier (vendredi). Quelques-unes aujourd'hui (samedi). Je ne sais pas quoi dire. C'est comme ça. C'est dur, c'est cruel. C'est notre sport, c'est le tennis, ce sont les Jeux Olympiques. Dans toutes les disciplines, il y a un quatrième. Et le quatrième est forcément plus frustré que le dixième ou le vingtième. Là, cette année, en double, les quatrièmes, c'est nous.

On vous sent très, très affectés...
Arnaud Clément: C'est l'une des défaites les plus dures que j'ai eu à subir de toute ma carrière. C'est bien plus dur qu'en Grand Chelem. Des Grand Chelem, il y en a quatre par an, et on a toujours l'occasion de se refaire quelques semaines ou quelques mois après.

Michaël, comme Arnaud vous semblez très touché moralement...
Michaël Llodra: Oui, c'est sûr. Comme le disait Arnaud, on est très touchés par la défaite. On était venus ici pour faire quelque chose de grand. Essayer de ramener une médaille. Malheureusement, on échoue tout près du but. C'est très dur.

Comment expliquez-vous votre défaite ? Est-ce la conséquence du match d'hier ? Ou les Bryan étaient-ils tout simplement trop fort ?
Michaël Llodra: C'est un tout. Hier (vendredi), on est passés très près. Aujourd'hui, on n'est pas passés très loin non plus... C'est la dure réalité du sport. J'ai du mal à trouver les mots pour décrire notre déception, notre frustration.

Vous avez comme beaucoup d'athlètes été pris par ce rêve olympique. Vous l'avez vu de près...
Michaël Llodra: Oui, de très près. Hier, on n'est pas passés loin... A deux points près. Aujourd'hui encore, tout s'est joué à quelques points près.

Vous verra-t-on à Londres en 2012 ?
Michaël Llodra: Aujourd'hui je n'ai pas envie de penser aux Jeux Olympiques de 2012. Pour l'instant, on est en 2008. On vient simplement de perdre notre match pour la médaille de bronze, et j'ai du mal à comprendre ce qui se passe. C'est dur.»

Pepi.
08-16-2008, 11:35 PM
my boys :sad:

Via
08-17-2008, 01:16 AM
thanks marine for the interview.

to be fair they had fought well after such a draining match (and loss) the day before. it's not often that you lose twice on two days. i hope they don't stay depressed for long. they came into beijing in a poor form, not having won much in the last few months. this has been better than expected... if they also get to the semis at us open, they should be happy!

sandy83S
08-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Thank you Marine, for the link, IT's by listening to this interview which I know why I like them these 2 players!

I am also sad them!:sad:

soulage
08-17-2008, 08:17 PM
they came into beijing in a poor form, not having won much in the last few months. this has been better than expected... if they also get to the semis at us open, they should be happy!
That's so true no win in 4 month but a really well beginning in this olympic tournament but we can understand their frustration after all these missed opportunities :sad: The medal was so close ! Their voices in the FFT interview is :sad:

For USO they will not have the same motivation.

Kezzi
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the match reports and info.
First I felt a little sad about not being able to follow the Olympics on holiday, but after reading this, it wasn't a bad week for my holiday.
Poor guys, after so much fighting going home with nothing :sad:
:hug: for Arno and Micka!

Via
08-19-2008, 03:43 PM
http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/temp/DSC_0090.jpg

looking at his face... you can't say he wasn't determined! lol

look also at that guy on the top right, who's catching a nap :haha:

(pics... more to come! ;))

soulage
08-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for this pic and for the others coming :D

A fighter :boxing:

Hangdog
08-19-2008, 09:22 PM
I almost forgot we're supposed to get some nice picture from Beijing. Thanks to you and your sister and looking forward to other photos :) look also at that guy on the top right, who's catching a nap :haha:
:lol: His neighbours also don't look too excited...

Marine
08-19-2008, 10:34 PM
:lol: His neighbours also don't look too excited...

At the same moment in the stands ...2 guys screaming, applauding, standing on their seats, Pioline and Forget !
Since the beginning of these OG, it seems the frenchies (all sports) are not supported at all by the local crowd. :awww:

Via
08-20-2008, 12:48 PM
At the same moment in the stands ...2 guys screaming, applauding, standing on their seats, Pioline and Forget !
Since the beginning of these OG, it seems the frenchies (all sports) are not supported at all by the local crowd. :awww:

well, i don't know about other sports, but with this match i've already told you that the crowd was waiting for federer! watching the action was not as interesting as watching big names... :shrug:

here are two more: (i don't know when others will be coming)

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/temp/DSC_0115.jpg
the crowd on this corner seemed more excited :D maybe mika was yelling loud enough

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/temp/DSC_9562.jpg
this must have been taken earlier in the match, while the sun's still out

(as usual if anyone wants to save the photos to anywhere other than your home computer... please credit the photographer and link back to my site. copyright (http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/vtp/vtp.htm#comcopy) :wavey:)

Kezzi
08-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the pics! :D
As usual, they are great! :worship:

edit: Sorry, didn't read that these are your sisters pics, but the comment stays the same. I assume there are more pics of her on your website :)

Marine
08-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm a bit late, but thank your sister for me ! Her pics (like yours) always are so good !!! :D

Via
09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
thanks :D actually it was her husband who took them. she's responsible for cheering ;)

another one... arnaud must still have high hopes at that time...
http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/vtp/pics/421.jpg