BRONZE MEDALIST in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics! [Archive] - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

BRONZE MEDALIST in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

aeronatasha
08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
:sad:

Oh, I watched that game and thought of you. Your bro played so well, fighting so hard for every point :worship: He was brilliant. He dived for like every ball :eek: Really sad that he won't be able to play tomorrow when we need him most :sobbing:
But we still have a chance :rocker2: It will be hard, but not impossible :)

Thank you so much for remembering.:o Yeah, he's excellent in the field, dives a lot (he often says to me after a game:'I was cleaning the floor, wasn't I?');), can be very dangerous when his serve is on and is a great spiker, only he doesn't get many balls from Grbic. He's very solid on reception too, so I don't know what to expect tomorrow without him and Janic. Hopefully Janic will return for this one, it's our last chance.

I still have a picture of him crying at the end in my head...so sad :bigcry:
and Nataša I saw ur bro ;) hope he`ll get well soon!!

:wavey:

I've got that picture in my mind too..:sad: I'm sure Nadal would cry too if he had lost. It was very emotional for both of them.

Oh and thanks, hope my brother recovers soon as well. He just got over an old shoulder injury, and now this..:awww:

Running:Free
08-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Nole needs Jelena :awww: Or maybe Dijana :sobbing: Heck, even Marian isn't there. Miljan will have to make do, get him ready for tomorrow.

I'm trying to imagine what it'd feel like if he'd won, but can't. Sigh :awww:

Jelena_78
08-15-2008, 09:58 PM
That's why I am talking about swimming and Spitz instead of tennis :sad: :bigcry: :hysteric: :tears: :crying2:
twin :bigcry:

:awww: :bigcry: :hug:

guys! my post # 2000 :rocker:
cheers, I'm of for a drink

:rocker2: Cheers :drink:

Lee
08-15-2008, 10:09 PM
guys! my post # 2000 :rocker:
cheers, I'm of for a drink

Lee :hug:
twin :bigcry:

Oops I missed this post. Congratulate your 2000th post but :hug: at the timing.

:awww: :bigcry: :hug:

:rocker2: Cheers :drink:

:hug: :bigcry:

OK, I stopped crying as I blew some steam off somewhere.

Hey I am sorry for leaving you guys, but as soon as the match ended my father made me leave the computer. he need to read some stuff, bla bla bla. Sorry :awww:

How are you feeling? I hope good. He did his best and I am happy for that. :)

:hug:

:hug: He fought hard and he dug deep to be able to keep hard hitting vs Nadal in 3 sets.

One thing Nole needs to fix pronto is his slow start. He cannot afford a slow start vs quality players like Federer, Nadal, Murray, etc. Losing the first set cost him dearly even he managed to fight and won 2nd set. But then the pressure on winning the final set put too much pressure on him. Today, Nadal served very well at the beginning but not many excuses for Nole fighting breakpoints after breakpoints in first set.

kalisita
08-15-2008, 10:16 PM
:hug: He fought hard and he dug deep to be able to keep hard hitting vs Nadal in 3 sets.

One thing Nole needs to fix pronto is his slow start. He cannot afford a slow start vs quality players like Federer, Nadal, Murray, etc. Losing the first set cost him dearly even he managed to fight and won 2nd set. But then the pressure on winning the final set put too much pressure on him. Today, Nadal served very well at the beginning but not many excuses for Nole fighting breakpoints after breakpoints in first set.

That's a good point. After I got over how it ended, I was thinking "why couldn't he have just started better." It took two breaks to wake him up. Got one back, but too late to save the set.

I can't decide if I'm going to watch tomorrow. I want to see him win a medal, but I won't be able to take it if he loses to Blake. It's so weird he has to play tomorrow. Frankly, I'm ready to move unto the US Open!

Alex999
08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
They posted pics of Nole crying on his official website. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to put them in the pic thread. :sad:

Lee
08-15-2008, 10:28 PM
That's a good point. After I got over how it ended, I was thinking "why couldn't he have just started better." It took two breaks to wake him up. Got one back, but too late to save the set.

I can't decide if I'm going to watch tomorrow. I want to see him win a medal, but I won't be able to take it if he loses to Blake. It's so weird he has to play tomorrow. Frankly, I'm ready to move unto the US Open!

I think it's a mental aspect that Nole and Marian have to work it out. They need to find a way that prepares Nole not just physically but mentally well before a match.

Well, Blake did defeat Federer in QF no matter how shitty Roger played this year (and by that he's still #3 in the race, that means, he still plays better than all ATP players so far except 2) But Nole is mentally stronger than Blake and after missing the gold and silver, I believe no matter how heartbreaking he is, he will be very determined to win a medal for his country.

Herdwick
08-15-2008, 10:29 PM

Too right - that cost him today and in previous matches.

And Alex - please don't.

Lee
08-15-2008, 10:29 PM
They posted pics of Nole crying on his official website. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to put them in the pic thread. :sad:

We are strong and we can share his pain.

08-16-2008, 12:23 AM
http://www.novakdjokovic.rs/vesti.php?&Lang=EN&IDV=96

What is he made out of? :sobbing:

Scotso
08-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Phelps time. :p

I don't like that SO many of these Olympic athletes trained and lived in the US most of their lives and swim for other countries. Oh well.

Scotso
08-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Holy crap, that was close!

Phelps takes it! :rocker2: :worship: .01 seconds! :eek:

but congrats to Cavic :hug:

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Oh man guys, Cavic couldn't have made that closer :tape: .01 seconds :tape:

But a silver medal is still great and it was a crazy race :worship: I didn't think Phelps would do it.

And I already couldn't breathe from hyperventilating over Viktor and then that race happened? :speakles:

kalisita
08-16-2008, 03:14 AM
Cavic almost had Phelps! Gold #7 for Phelps. I thought he wasn't going to do it. :bowdown: Silver for cavic and Serbia's first medal. :yeah:

kalisita
08-16-2008, 03:18 AM
Phelps just said that Cavic told him before the race that it would be good for him (Phelps) if Cavic won. Phelps said that give him extra motivation to win. He should've asked Bernard about what happens when you fire up Phelps! (though it was so close)

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 03:18 AM
I thought Phelps said that Spitz said that :scratch: Maybe I heard wrong. :lol:

kalisita
08-16-2008, 03:21 AM
I thought Phelps said that Spitz said that :scratch: Maybe I heard wrong. :lol:

I wasn't sure when he said it in his interview, but then the announcers said Cavic said it. I thought it was weird that he would say that to Phelps so I'll trust your ears over the announcers. I've learned from watching tennis that they're not that reliable. ;)

Steelq
08-16-2008, 03:27 AM
Wow 0.1 seconds difference.

Serbia couldnt be more unlucky on these Olympics.

kalisita
08-16-2008, 03:27 AM
Novak sounds fired up to win at least the bronze for Serbia. :yeah: But I am so conflicted about this upcoming match :sobbing: I would so love to see both players, James and Novak, win a medal but that can't happen, and so unfortunately one of them is going to go home empty-handed and broken-hearted and possibly leaving the court in tears and I just don't want to see that. :sad:

And dammit I missed Phelps' 7th gold medal win. :(

You missed a great one! The most exciting of his individual wins. Still second to the relay win over France in my opinion.

Magenta
08-16-2008, 03:31 AM
Phelps just said that Cavic told him before the race that it would be good for him (Phelps) if Cavic won. Phelps said that give him extra motivation to win. He should've asked Bernard about what happens when you fire up Phelps! (though it was so close)

Somehow I doubt Cavic would have said that...He seems like a really nice guy, well from his website anyway.

Magenta
08-16-2008, 03:32 AM
They just had an interview with him he said that "Bob" told him it would be good if he lost. Who's Bob?

kalisita
08-16-2008, 03:36 AM
They just had an interview with him he said that "Bob" told him it would be good if he lost. Who's Bob?

Bob Bowman is his coach. That's a weird thing for his coach to say. Who knows? I couldn't understand him, but the announcers said he was talking about Cavic. Jess said she thought he was talking about Mark Spitz. I'll have to look at the interview on NBC.com later.

Scotso
08-16-2008, 03:38 AM
It was Cavic. Phelps said "Michael" told him that.

He may have been joking?

The Serbian team is filing a protest.

Scotso
08-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Eamon Sullivan :drool:

kalisita
08-16-2008, 03:39 AM

He may have been joking?

I just heard that. Does anyone know how they decide the winner? I thought you had to touch the wall and something there registered the touch.

Scotso
08-16-2008, 03:42 AM
:sobbing: I feel so bad for Sullivan.

And I really hate that French guy. :lol: He's mean, ugly, and arrogant.

Scotso
08-16-2008, 03:43 AM
I just heard that. Does anyone know how they decide the winner? I thought you had to touch the wall and something there registered the touch.

Yes. It's highly unlikely anyone will overturn it. It's done by computer, you can't tell from looking into the water.

Magenta
08-16-2008, 03:43 AM
For any Cavic fans here, I had to post this blog of his:

The Olympics are finally here and it has begun! The moment I have dreamed about for so long is only days away, and with the Olympics underway, my excitement is growing by the day. I can’t express to you all in words the emotions I am going through each and every day, its just an incredible experience being a part of this.

I’d like to share a small story with you all… Yesterday I had the privilege of having dinner with the world’s best female tennis player, Ana Ivanovic, and her conditional trainer Scott Byrnes (from Australia). It was 1 hour before the Serbian representatives were to gather in front of our building so that we could all leave for the opening ceremony. Ana was in a bit of a rush to eat, but Scott was not since he chose not to be apart of the ceremony. I asked him “why not?” and he responded, “I just don’t feel like I deserve to be a part of the ceremony, I’m not Serbian, I’m Australian.” To this, I thought, “well, yeah you’re not Serbian, but that’s not what the opening ceremony or the Olympics are about.”

To further elaborate on this thought, I suppose you have to somewhat “breakdown” the origins and true meaning of the Olympics. Everyone has his or her own opinion of what this is, but to me, the Olympic Games are the celebration of humanity and the celebration of internationalism, through the celebration of sports. This isn’t as much about patriotism or nationalism as it is about the world coming together, in one city, to show each other how far we have progressed as a human race – physically, technologically, and artistically. I’d be a hypocrite to say that politics have no place in sports, because the truth is, there is as much, if not more political activity in sports, as there is outside of sports… and every athlete knows this contrary to what the world would have them believe. But my point is, in the Olympic village and in every Olympic venue, there exists a harmony or an energy among all of the athletes, which politics cannot touch. Yes, I proudly wear my country’s name on my clothing, as do you, with whichever country you represent, but so what? As an athlete, you’re just a person who enjoys life the same way that your athletic peers do. Where you come from or what your shirt says doesn’t change the game you play. Because you’re from Germany for example, and I’m a Serb who grew up in America, doesn’t distinguish your technique in swimming from the others. You’re a man, and so am I. We’re people, you and I, and we compete. At the end of the day, the country you compete for, or the medal you win, is just a statistic in SPORTS history. I’m trying to say that the Olympics are not about choosing sides. There are no sides really… you’re either an Olympian, or your not, and those are the only sides that really exist. You’re either a part of the Olympic family, or you’re not. So, to conclude this thought, I’d like to say, “Scott, I don’t know you very well, but you do coach the best tennis player in the world. You as an Australian who helped a Serb become the best there is… and that is what the world should be about – helping each other move forward. That’s what, in effect, the Olympics are about: Internationalism and pushing the limits of humanity. You should have every right to celebrate your life’s work in the one place which advocates the relationship you have as a professional.”

:) :)

Scotso
08-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Cavic is a hottie.

kalisita
08-16-2008, 03:52 AM

He may have been joking?

Phelps may have been trying to say Milorad. I'm also checking out Cavic's website and it says his nickname is "Mike." It's really not important. I don't think Phelps had any bad blood with Cavic.

They just said the Serbian protest was denied.

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 03:55 AM
Cavic is a hottie.

Dude, YEAH he is.

:hearts: worthy Serbian men ;) No surprise. I continue to think the country is just full of sex-gods :D

Phelps may have been trying to say Milorad. I'm also checking out Cavic's website and it says his nickname is "Mike." It's really not important. I don't think Phelps had any bad blood with Cavic.

They just said the Serbian protest was denied.

Yeah, because the overhead cameras showed a sufficient picture of Phelps touching first.

dejosav
08-16-2008, 04:00 AM
Maybe this is what you guys are talking about:

“It would be kind of nice that one big historical week that Michael Phelps maybe winning seven gold medals, and having lost an opportunity to win eight gold medals, they’ll talk about that,” Cavic said Friday after he became the fastest qualifier. “They’ll talk about whoever that guy is who took it away from it. I would like to be that guy.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/15/AR2008081503953.html

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 04:01 AM
If that's the quote, that's really not bad at all...

..yet I *could* see how Phelps could take that as inspriation ;)

dejosav
08-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Might be taken bad but wasn't ment to be offensive right?

dejosav
08-16-2008, 04:03 AM

Was thinking the same :)

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Might be taken bad but wasn't ment to be offensive right?

No not at all, I think it was more of him just thinking of how awesome it would be for him to win than putting down Phelps at all.

Typical news people making a huge deal out of nothing.

kalisita
08-16-2008, 04:06 AM

I don't think it takes much for athletes given their competitve nature.

Jelena_78
08-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! What a race that was!! :D

:woohoo: Silver!!!!!! Yay!!! :banana:
Mile you're a hero! :rocker2:

That touch was like :eek: I knew he had great finish :p
Congrats Phelps!!! :worship: Amazing!

I mean 0.01!!!!! WOW!!!
Cavic's smile makes me so happy! :D

Scotso
08-16-2008, 04:18 AM

I mean 0.01!!!!! WOW!!!

Can I just say this is one of the most heartening reactions to a silver I've ever seen?

I wish people over in that stupid "medal count" thread on WTAworld were more like you.

jeahhh!
08-16-2008, 04:22 AM

I mean 0.01!!!!! WOW!!!

I love you, you are so gracious! :kiss:

Michael :inlove: :banana: Gold and silver were won exactly as I wanted them to be. :D

kalisita
08-16-2008, 04:25 AM
Does anyone know when they award the bronze medal in tennis? Does the winner tomorrow just get it tomorrow or do they have to wait until after Sunday's final.

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 04:32 AM
Does anyone know when they award the bronze medal in tennis? Does the winner tomorrow just get it tomorrow or do they have to wait until after Sunday's final.

I would assume that they have to wait, but I"m not sure :scratch:

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 04:33 AM
Can I just say this is one of the most heartening reactions to a silver I've ever seen?

I wish people over in that stupid "medal count" thread on WTAworld were more like you.

Michael :inlove: :banana: Gold and silver were won exactly as I wanted them to be. :D

The world could use a lot more Jelenas that is for certain :hug: :D

Jelena_78
08-16-2008, 04:33 AM

Thank you :kiss: :hug:

I'm still excited.

:scratch: maybe I should go and get 2-3 hours of sleep :spit: so I could be ready for Nole ;)

Bye :wavey:

Jelena_78
08-16-2008, 04:34 AM

:awww: Thanks Jess :smooch:

jeahhh!
08-16-2008, 04:35 AM
It really does *nods* :D
Thank you :kiss: :hug:

I'm still excited.

:scratch: maybe I should go and get 2-3 hours of sleep :spit: so I could be ready for Nole ;)

Bye :wavey:

bye! :hug:

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 04:35 AM
:awww: Thanks Jess :smooch:

You're like a ray of sunshine in the dark scary world of MTF :D And it never hurts to just tell you we love you for it :D

You probably should sleep! :eek: I might go to bed soon myself :tape:

njnetswill
08-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Sorry, not a patriotic Phelps fan myself. He has enough support as it is. I was rooting for the upset. (I love underdogs)

At least Serbia has a medal now. Novak can hopefully make it two.

I think my dislike of Phelps and Federer stem from the same reason.

jamjar
08-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Sorry, not a patriotic Phelps fan myself. He has enough support as it is. I was rooting for the upset. (I love underdogs)

At least Serbia has a medal now. Novak can hopefully make it two.

I think my dislike of Phelps and Federer stem from the same reason.

I was just thinking that exact same thing this morning :tape: :o
Even when he's not racing someone I like (like Cavic), I still don't want him to win. Everyone likes him, he has tons of fans. It's much more fun for me liking someone less known who I can watch win and lose and have my heart broken a few times :lol:
Sorry to all the Fed and Phelps fans :hug:

And Cavic was so awesome today. Made me so proud :sobbing:

*Raine
08-16-2008, 10:56 AM
:wavey: Hello

I'm feeling a little less depressed than I was last night.

:banana: bronze medal here we come

:lol:

EDIT: Serbia has a medal now? :banana:Yay!!

Unfortunately for our country, we have yet to win one.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi Raine :wavey: Sadly I'm still feeling depressed - I'm still so very :sad: But I do truly hope he can find the strength from somewhere to fight for that bronze for Serbia today.

Sorry about your country not having a medal. I haven't got a clue how many (if any :tape:) GBR have - because all I really care about is the tennis to be honest :o

Jelena_78
08-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Good luck Nole!!!

:clap2:

*Raine
08-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Raine :wavey: Sadly I'm still feeling depressed - I'm still so very :sad: But I do truly hope he can find the strength from somewhere to fight for that bronze for Serbia today.

Sorry about your country not having a medal. I haven't got a clue how many (if any :tape:) GBR have - because all I really care about is the tennis to be honest :o

Usually my depression every time Nole loses lasts a week or two. :sad: I'm sure it will be the same this time. Especially if he won't get the bronze medal. :sad:

I actually cried last night. I feel so bad for Novak, he wanted to give a gold medal to Serbia.

About our country, I'm so used to our athletes not winning a medal, so I'm not that sad over it. :o

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Morning all :wavey:

Brighter today and so glad to see Dinara take that - really felt for her out there. That coaching warning was ridiculous - just looked like support to me - heaven knows she needed it. Talk about contra mundum.

Still fuming at the draw TBH - yesterday should have been the final and then gold and silver for Rafa and Nole would have been fine. Not sure whether he'll be able to pick himself up today - I rather expect flat Nole. I maintain this match should not be played and both he and Blake should get a bronze.

:rolls: 'Cotton-eyed Joe' - who is choosing the music here?

08-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Morning guys :wavey:

Novak Djokovic :hug:

*Raine
08-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Morning all :wavey:

Brighter today and so glad to see Dinara take that - really felt for her out there. That coaching warning was ridiculous - just looked like support to me - heaven knows she needed it. Talk about contra mundum.

Still fuming at the draw TBH - yesterday should have been the final and then gold and silver for Rafa and Nole would have been fine. Not sure whether he'll be able to pick himself up today - I rather expect flat Nole. I maintain this match should not be played and both he and Blake should get a bronze.

:rolls: 'Cotton-eyed Joe' - who is choosing the music here?

I agree, both them should be able to have the bronze medal :sad:.

:wavey: Don't forget to post the updates guys. I have no luck in livestreams so far :o

08-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Break. Nole leading 3-1.

He looks robotic. Feeling sick.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Good so far 3-1 with a break! Looking grim and determined.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 11:54 AM
4-1 - efficient rather than inspired. Hard to believe but I think yesterday may actually do him good. Ordeal by fire so to speak.

*Raine
08-16-2008, 11:56 AM

EDIT: It's showing in our local channel right now :banana:

It's showing tennis for the 1st time since last week.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Glad you've got coverage - you must have suffered yesterday!

08-16-2008, 12:01 PM
5-2. I wish Marian was there.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Ouch for that missed volley.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 12:05 PM
6-3 yes! Looking calm.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi guys :wavey: I have been here watching - just concentrating on the TV for a while.

Ajde Nole :)

And I agree about the bronze medal thing - they should share it. Of course I wate Nole to win, but James was f****over yesterday and I do feel bad for him.

kalisita
08-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Hope that doesn't bring back bad memories and rattle him. Stay focused!

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 12:12 PM

Am vibrating as usual. Am impressed with him today - resolute and mature.

Arsenal are on Sky at 12.45pm so hope we have a LS here...

08-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Nole talking to his raquet after flubbing a volley. James smiling at him after he held.

Rose :wavey: How do you feel?

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 12:15 PM

Am vibrating as usual. Am impressed with him today - resolute and mature.

Arsenal are on Sky at 12.45pm so hope we have a LS here...

Livestream here http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/ Channel 3

Timmy :wavey: Well I'm still depressed but I'm very proud of Nole and the way he's handling things right now.

08-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Clutch serving. Good to see.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 12:17 PM
I love the way Nole can still smile:inlove: The boy is all class :)

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Livestream here http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/ Channel 3

Timmy :wavey: Well I'm still depressed but I'm very proud of Nole and the way he's handling things right now.

Thanks - can never get the eurovision link to work (old spec PC) so have reverted to the CS one. Have just ordered myself a new lightweight laptop by way of consolation for yesterday.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks - can never get the eurovision link to work (old spec PC) so have reverted to the CS one. Have just ordered myself a new lightweight laptop by way of consolation for yesterday.

Congrats on the laptop :) Have you tried the BBC livestream link? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/live_action/default.stm?lmpid=b00crgmq&sid=7534977

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah but the CS quality is better TBH.

Have been promising myself a new LT for a while.

Not looking as solid here - 2nd set-itis striking again.

kalisita
08-16-2008, 12:33 PM

I know. :sad: Starting to go from focused/calm to slightly frustrated.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 12:34 PM

I know - I'm beginning to pace the room again :help: And will soon take back my niceness to James :tape:

Broken racquet :help:

I'm so:unsure: of a 3rd set. I can't believe in him in that :sad:

08-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Killed the crap out of that racket.

08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Think it's going to be a TB set.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
John Lloyd has said that three times now - has he been talking to Raquel?

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 12:47 PM
John Lloyd has said that three times now - has he been talking to Raquel?

:lol: Quite possibly :lol:

Tie-break :help:

Come on Nole - please!

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Nole :rocker2: :yeah:

Bronze medal :rocker2:

Lossi
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
:bounce: BRONZE!!!!!!!

Flag > Shirt, obviously :rolls:

I hope those two racquets didn't hit anyone :o

I LIKE ALL 3 MEDALLISTS :D AWESOMESAUCE :dance:

amdany
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
:bounce::bigclap::bigclap:

kalisita
08-16-2008, 12:59 PM
:woohoo::woohoo:

I'm so glad he won! He's so happy to win. I'm a little surprised at just how happy he is. Shirt off, rackets thrown! You can tell how much the Olympics mean to him. :)

savesthedizzle
08-16-2008, 12:59 PM
:bounce: BRONZE!!!!!!!

Flag > Shirt, obviously :rolls:

I hope those two racquets didn't hit anyone :o

I LIKE ALL 3 MEDALLISTS :D AWESOMESAUCE :dance:

I'm not too fond of Gonzalez, especially post-yesterday, but I will be happy if he only gets the silver. :lol:

the biscuit
08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats Djokovic fans. :) He really deserves this Bronze medal and I'm happy to see him so happy after yesterday.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:inlove:

Bronze medal!

And shirtless!!!

Marion29520
08-16-2008, 01:01 PM
congrat Novak you deserved it!!!!!
I feel sad for James he had to be in final

*Ljubica*
AJDE NOLE

So happy, so proud - so very, very happy that he got a medal :)

Novak :woohoo: Love you :hug: And thanks for making me smile again :)

Now for Roger to win a Gold in doubles:)

And :hug: for James - in my opinion he was pretty badly cheated out there yesterday, and I feel sorry for him.

Bronze Medalist Novak Djokovic :worship:

Guys :hug:

*Raine
Yay Novak :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats!!

Herdwick
Congrats Djokovic fans. :) He really deserves this Bronze medal and I'm happy to see him so happy after yesterday.

Thank you!

Lossi
08-16-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm not too fond of Gonzalez, especially post-yesterday, but I will be happy if he only gets the silver. :lol:

I think people are overexaggerating the incident to be honest :lol: It was a single point, not a bp, not a mp and to be honest, I doubt very few players would have spoken up :shrug:

It's not like Blake would have definitely won if he had gotten that point.

*Ljubica*

Thank you so much - your nice words are much appreciated :hug:

Magenta
YESSS! Congrats Nole!

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 01:05 PM
I think people are overexaggerating the incident to be honest :lol: It was a single point, not a bp, not a mp and to be honest, I doubt very few players would have spoken up :shrug:

Agree. You can say it would have been better and more sporting of Gonzo to have conceded it certainly but to suggest it affected the outcome is ridiculous. Blake went on to miss 3 MPs after that.

kalisita
08-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Good job, Nole! He focused in that TB big time after some frustration showed through in the second set. :worship: (though it'd be nice if he just played that way all the time!)

I'm glad for him and for Serbia. Medal #2!

Lossi
08-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Agree. You can say it would have been better and more sporting of Gonzo to have conceded it certainly but to suggest it affected the outcome is ridiculous. Blake went on to miss 3 MPs after that.

Exactly and I agree, I would have prefered to see him concede it, but you could also play devil's advocate and say Blake should have been pumped up by that point and gone on to win.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Good job, Nole! He focused in that TB big time after some frustration showed through in the second set. :worship: (though it'd be nice if he just played that way all the time!)

I'm glad for him and for Serbia. Medal #2!

Can I now admit I couldn't really watch the tie-break? :unsure: I went into the kitchen to clean the work surfaces and kept on peering round the door at the TV :o I couldn't breathe I was just too nervous.

kalisita
08-16-2008, 01:10 PM

That's true. But, it bothers me more than normal since it's the Olympics. They're supposed to be about unity and excellence and bringing people together through sportsmanship. If it happened at a regular event, even the slams, I would have been like, "hey, it's a ruthless sport." But, here it's just competely wrong, IMO. You're supposed to be playing for pride and to bring honor to your country. You shouldn't lie to do that.

partygirl
08-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lossi http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=7509758#post7509758)

I am not a Blake fan but more than anything it is about how you want to possibly win a gold metal...like what kind of person:shrug:

I am so happy & proud for Novak though!
I couldn't watch any of it, i recorded it and had to jump, jump, jump through it:angel:

now i have to go fill in the gaps:p

kalisita
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Can I now admit I couldn't really watch the tie-break? :unsure: I went into the kitchen to clean the work surfaces and kept on peering round the door at the TV :o I couldn't breathe I was just too nervous.

I followed it on Bet365 scoreboard. I started to watch once he got a minibreak!

tmv
08-16-2008, 01:13 PM
http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/yahoo.gif

aeronatasha
08-16-2008, 01:13 PM
It's a good day today!

First Cavic - that man is the winner for me. :worship::worship::worship:
Then volleyball - we won against Germany, despite all the injuries and bad luck, QF is still there!
Water polo next - expected demolition.
And finally my favourite boy - Novak, you deserved this much at least! Thank you for staying focused, I know it was a nightmare for you.

GO TEAM SERBIA!:bounce:

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Surprised how happy I am now - guess it's because he was so obviously happy. :inlove:

Now can he springboard on this to the USO? He knows he's got the beating of Rafa on HC after yesterday - and he's the only one thus far who has even come close.

kalisita
08-16-2008, 01:17 PM
The guy doing the play-by-play on NBC streaming (I think Steve Tignor today) wrote at the end of the match as for james, it' somehow very blakean for him to finish fourth at the olympics. That may be a little harsh to write, but I just thought "how true." I didn't think he would win today, but I thought he should have won yesterday. Not because of that controversial point, but just because he had the game to beat Gonzo. He loses so many matches he should have won.

Lossi
08-16-2008, 01:18 PM
That's true. But, it bothers me more than normal since it's the Olympics. They're supposed to be about unity and excellence and bringing people together through sportsmanship. If it happened at a regular event, even the slams, I would have been like, "hey, it's a ruthless sport." But, here it's just competely wrong, IMO. You're supposed to be playing for pride and to bring honor to your country. You shouldn't lie to do that.

I guess this is where we disagree :lol: For me, I expect them to be sportsmen all the time. It seems hypocritical to say something is alright at this tournament, but not at the other.

Plus I can even understand it more at the Olympics, where the stakes are higher than at most tournaments.

I am not a Blake fan but more than anything it is about how you want to possibly win a gold metal...like what kind of person:shrug:

:shrug: That's something he'll have to deal with himself. I just feel it's too much to just concentrate on that one point when he did so much to fight back in that match.

Besides, I'm pretty sure you could apply that rule of 'What kind of person' to any title and to pretty much every player on tour if you wanted :lol:

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Surprised how happy I am now - guess it's because he was so obviously happy. :inlove:

Now can he springboard on this to the USO? He knows he's got the beating of Rafa on HC after yesterday - and he's the only one thus far who has even come close.

Somehow I think all he wants to do is party and get hellishly drunk tonight :lol: US Open can wait for a day or so!

I hope John Lloyd is right though ;)

Björki
08-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Congrats on winning bronze Nole :clap2: :hug:

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Somehow I think all he wants to do is party and get hellishly drunk tonight :lol: US Open can wait for a day or so!

I hope John Lloyd is right though ;)

JP is wondering how many of the 50 condoms he's been issued with will be left after tonight...

kalisita
08-16-2008, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=Lossi;7509869]I guess this is where we disagree :lol: For me, I expect them to be sportsmen all the time. It seems hypocritical to say something is alright at this tournament, but not at the other.

Plus I can even understand it more at the Olympics, where the stakes are higher than at most tournaments.QUOTE]

Did not say it was alright at any tournament. I just don't expect the athletes to be pillars of morality. Athletes are generally ruthless in competition so when it happens it doesn't surprise me. To me it's less understandable at the Olympics because you wouldn't want anything to take away from your victory and, more importantly, make your country look bad. It's like Davis Cup, you're not even playing. Your country is.

partygirl
08-16-2008, 01:25 PM
JP is wondering how many of the 50 condoms he's been issued with will be left after tonight...:spit:

Sore:o

«Ivan»
08-16-2008, 01:25 PM
nole is my hero:worship:

kalisita
08-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Now can he springboard on this to the USO?

Please! I just hope he's dialed in from the beginning like in Australia. I'm tired of this up and down crap lately. Hopefully, he'll have a great USO and can improve his ranking by the end of the year. :)

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 01:34 PM
JP is wondering how many of the 50 condoms he's been issued with will be left after tonight...

:rolls: Well you and I better catch that plane to Beijing pretty damn quickly then hadn't we? :angel: Tell JP you're having a girls' weekend with me, and I will tell Alex I'm coming up to visit you :)

MagicMilan
08-16-2008, 01:39 PM
:woohoo: It makes me forget about yesterday's match :D
Well done man :worship:
I'm sorry about James though, he's a great guy and could have been in the finals :(

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 01:45 PM
:woohoo: It makes me forget about yesterday's match :D
Well done man :worship:
I'm sorry about James though, he's a great guy and could have been in the finals :(

It hasn't made me totally forget about it to be honest - still too sad about it :sad: But I am proud of how he managed to focus today, and I hope winning the medal has helped him put yesterday behind him and move forward. His joy after the tears of yesterday was a joy to see :)

Jelena_78
08-16-2008, 01:45 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Congratulations Nole!!!!!!! :bounce: :bigclap: :yippee: :banana: :aparty: :crazy:

Looking forward for the ceremony tomorrow!!!

I think he won't be happy they will not give him microphone this time :spit: :lol: Or maybe they will?! :p

I'm so happy for him! :dance:

:hug: for all of you!

kalisita
08-16-2008, 01:47 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Congratulations Nole!!!!!!! :bounce: :bigclap: :yippee: :banana: :aparty: :crazy:

Looking forward for the ceremony tomorrow!!!

I think he won't be happy they will not give him microphone this time :spit: :lol: Or maybe they will?! :p

I'm so happy for him! :dance:

:hug: for all of you!

There may not be a microphone at all. I assumed it was like a regular medal ceremony, where they step on podiums. Going to have to watch the doubles ceremony and find out.

Jelena_78
08-16-2008, 01:59 PM
There may not be a microphone at all. I assumed it was like a regular medal ceremony, where they step on podiums. Going to have to watch the doubles ceremony and find out.

I know, that's why I said that :lol: ;) I bet he would LOVE to say sth :singer:

ellewoods
08-16-2008, 02:26 PM
congrats to nole! i was unable to watch this match but i am happy that i get to come home to such good news :)

camnation
08-16-2008, 02:29 PM
congrats to nole! i was unable to watch this match but i am happy that i get to come home to such good news :)
I was unable to watch it too because my stupid coverage switched to soccer! And I even woke up at 5:30am to watch it! :mad:

Nevermind, I'm just happy that Nole was able to win a medal! Congrats Nole!!

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Not even that much moaning in GM! Mainly goodwill and goodwishes - it can't last.

Vida
08-16-2008, 02:33 PM
So happy for him, I hope that Rafa match wont hurt much, though he'll remember that non-smash for ages. Still it doesn't matter, he said he is there for a medal and he got one. Conrats to all Nole fans!

To brale ozezi!

Vida
08-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Not even that much moaning in GM! Mainly goodwill and goodwishes - it can't last.

Yeah I noticed that too. Haters really appear dumb.

wop875
08-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Congratulations NOLE!!!

it's a nice match

star
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm very happy for Novak. If he hadn't got a medal, it would have been crushing for him, but at least he came away with the bronze, and that will be special for him, and he will feel he accomplished something for his country. It's a bit bittersweet, but still something to celebrate! :yippee:

08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I was unable to watch it too because my stupid coverage switched to soccer! And I even woke up at 5:30am to watch it! :mad:

:hug: Your thoughts were with him ;) :p

ataptc
08-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Glad that Nole won't be leaving here empty-handed, and so was he :banana: :)

Lee
08-16-2008, 03:02 PM

I mean 0.01!!!!! WOW!!!

Need to spread my love before I can good rep you again. :hug: :hug:

Lee
08-16-2008, 03:04 PM
For wahtever reasons, I missed the match and pretty numb right now. May be the lack of sleep is catching up to me.

Glad to see today Nole left the stadium with a smile on his face.

MagicMilan
08-16-2008, 03:06 PM
It's a miracle :angel:

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Maybe - just maybe - some people in GM are beginning to see the nice side of Nole......... the smiles even under pressure, the applause of his opponents' great shots, his sportsmanship, and his patriotism ................. yes - OK -probably a vain hope from me, but one can always live in hope :)

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Snigger - well suppose it's possible. He certainly seemed to have ceded his place as resident Beelzebub to Gonzo for the present.

Apparently there's no alcohol avaialble in the OV(?) so presumably he's now carousing round central Beijing like a heat-seeking missile...

Roger looks like he's gonig to get his gold - bless, so pleased.

08-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Maybe - just maybe - some people in GM are beginning to see the nice side of Nole......... the smiles even under pressure, the applause of his opponents' great shots, his sportsmanship, and his patriotism ................. yes - OK -probably a vain hope from me, but one can always live in hope :)

Raquel is rubbing off on you :yeah: :lol:

People in GM are fickle. They'll change their minds everyday. But everyone's got their window, and we can't change that :)

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Snigger - well suppose it's possible. He certainly seemed to have ceded his place as resident Beelzebub to Gonzo for the present.

Apparently there's no alcohol avaialble in the OV(?) so presumably he's now carousing round central Beijing like a heat-seeking missile...

Roger looks like he's gonig to get his gold - bless, so pleased.

No alcohol :eek: Really :eek: Somehow I'm sure the lovely Miljan could be despatched to go and get some and smuggle it back in for a party :) But maybe going into the city is better :) Watch out Beijing girls:) How lucky they are :lol:

Yes - come on Roger- I want him to win this Gold so badly! Feel sorry for Aspelin though - he is so nervous and somewhat letting down his partner :awww: I feel bad for him.

jeahhh!
08-16-2008, 03:32 PM
NOLE!!! :dance: :dance:

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Raquel is rubbing off on you :yeah: :lol:

People in GM are fickle. They'll change their minds everyday. But everyone's got their window, and we can't change that :)

:lol: Raquel is on her way to The Algarve - 6 hour journey and couldn't watch the match :awww: But I'm sure she is with us in positive spirit:)

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Roger and Stan have lost the 3rd set! Noooooooo......

http://www.praguemonitor.com/en/394/czech_sports/26419/

Perhaps alcohol's possible after all...mind you if he's restricted to Serbian women in the village it'll be all over Belgrade in no time. he might be better with anonymous Chinese...

neenah
08-16-2008, 03:39 PM

:sobbing:

But I came here to say ...

NOLE!!! :dance: :dance:
I'm so happy. :D
:woohoo:

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 04:00 PM

http://www.praguemonitor.com/en/394/czech_sports/26419/

Perhaps alcohol's possible after all...mind you if he's restricted to Serbian women in the village it'll be all over Belgrade in no time. he might be better with anonymous Chinese...

Or older British ;) :p As I said - let's get that flight now :lol:

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 04:04 PM
We'll be too late. He won't have waited for us - he will have demanded instant gratification tonight.:sad: He will have nothing left.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Roger and Stan have got the gold Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss :bounce:

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 04:13 PM
We'll be too late. He won't have waited for us - he will have demanded instant gratification tonight.:sad: He will have nothing left.

Instant gratification :tape: Are you sure you're not married to a Serb? And - I do hope my darling Alex never reads that comment :o

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Roger :woohoo: I am so happy for him. And for Nina too - wherever she is:)

Alex999
08-16-2008, 04:19 PM

Congrats to Novak. I'm also so happy for Roger and Stan. Well done guys.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Instant gratification :tape: Are you sure you're not married to a Serb? And - I do hope my darling Alex never reads that comment :o

Told you - I've got a Belgian - very mundane.

And as for your second remark.:tape:

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Told you - I've got a Belgian - very mundane.

And as for your second remark.:tape:

:lol: You give poor JP a very bad press you know :awww: I'm sure he's an absolute darling. And you know I don't mean anything bad about my Alex - I adore him :)

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Tear in the eye too.... well I said I was happy for him to get the gold - didn't expect him to get the doubles one though :lol:. Let's hope JL and I are right about the USO. And if not Nole then I want Fed or Murray (can't say Gasquet with a straight face) for that. Rafa really has enough for this year at least - it's much better if honours can be spread around a bit.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Tear in the eye too.... well I said I was happy for him to get the gold - didn't expect him to get the doubles one though :lol:. Let's hope JL and I are right about the USO. And if not Nole then I want Fed or Murray (can't say Gasquet with a straight face) for that. Rafa really has enough for this year at least - it's much better if honours can be spread around a bit.

Indeed :) For me too - if Nole can't win US Open, I want Roger to win it - I'll even give you Murray and Gasquet today because I'm still so happy for Nole and Roger's medals :)

And wasn't the Ceremony somewhat beautiful? The flowers and the flags.........I'm already envisaging Nole on that podium with a tear in his eye looking at the Serbian flag :inlove:

Oj-Ala
08-16-2008, 04:56 PM
BRONZE !!!!! Awesome Nole !!!

I quite like bronze actually.... :D

Niiiiiiiiiice !

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Know what you mean. Bronze is tasteful and understated, not flashey like gold and silver.

Yes - am looking forward to tomorrow's MC - think they may as well skip the match! I like the Spanish anthem too.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Know what you mean. Bronze is tasteful and understated, not flashey like gold and silver.

Yes - am looking forward to tomorrow's MC - think they may as well skip the match! I like the Spanish anthem too.

:) I intend to have it on in the background and pretty much ignore it until the Ceremony :angel: I hope we get as much BBC coverage of the Ceremony as the doubles' did. Love the way they all got to walk round the stadium with their flowers :hearts: And - again -so happy for Roger - just went over to his Forum to congratulate them, and they are all so happy there - and so nice :) It's great to see.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Am totally delighted to see Roger smile again - am almost as pleased for him as for Nole.

Totally OT - watch 'Britain from the air' on BBC2 at present if you've nothing better to do - it's stunning photography.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Am totally delighted to see Roger smile again - am almost as pleased for him as for Nole.

Totally OT - watch 'Britain from the air' on BBC2 at present if you've nothing better to do - it's stunning photography.

I'm cooking :rolleyes: But thanks for the tip - I will put it on :) And I feel the same about Roger - and I loved the way Stan was looking at him - he seemed more happy for Roger than for himself :awww:

08-16-2008, 05:27 PM

:rolls: :lol:

Roger/Stan - :hatoff: Does anyone else feel like after yesterday's heartbreaks, it's turning out to be a happy ending? :music:

Just read in the GM match-thread that the dad rips his shirt when his baby is born :spit: Nole, what have you been doing? :armed:

Nole Jr. :hearts: :hearts:

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 05:28 PM
I think our boy is happy:)

http://www.novakdjokovic.rs/vesti.php?&Lang=EN&IDV=100

What a day this August 16, 2008. First Milorad Cavic, then Novak Djokovic. He celebrated Serbia’s second medal, the first in his life, in the Olympic Village.

Right after he had won the bronze medal match vs Blake, he ran to Serbian fans and sportsmen who were cheering him throughout the whole match. They were already outside the venue at that moment.

‘Hello Serbia, here’s one more medal for you’ - he greeted them, and got huge applause and kisses.

Djokovic admitted that Cavic’s medal was great motivation for him. “He kept his medal right next to the chicken during our lunch today… it had to be great motivation. I was looking at it, and thinking about my match. Many thanks to Cavic for bringing joy to me. My medal is bronze, but I think it’s golden like his silver also’ - said Novak.

Olympic Games are very special for Nole.

‘This is a shock for body, but we gave our best to go as further as possible. I’m really happy I’ve brought joy to Serbia in the most direct way. I haven’t been sleeping a lot in the last couple of days, but that’s all behind now. I will remember everything that happened to me here, every moment, as long as I live’ - said Djokovic.

He hasn’t taken his phone yet, but he already has missed phone calls from his brother, father and uncle.

“I know Serbia was with me all the way, and I hope I’ve made everyone happy’ - said Novak.

Was it hard for you to forget yesterday’s defeat by Nadal?

‘I was thinking about it till the moment I saw Blake across the net. At that moment I forgot everything and only wanted to win’ - said the Serbian bronze medal winner.

tangerine_dream
08-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Congrats to Nole! A bronze medal for Serbia! :yippee:

We know it's not what he wanted but winning a medal, any medal, is certainly better than no medal at all. He did his country proud. His reaction was priceless, it clearly means so much to him. :)

http://i38.tinypic.com/27yojsw.jpg

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks t_d................ and Timmy - I have no idea what he's been doing........... but I have a very good imagination :lol:

And -yes- both Nole and Roger with medals today - it has gone a very long way to put the smile back on my face after yesterday.

Herdwick
08-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Awwww - those words and that photo. Nothing more needs to be said - am so happy for him and all Serbs today.

(Please, please let him get the USO too.)

08-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Djokovic admitted that Cavic’s medal was great motivation for him. “He kept his medal right next to the chicken during our lunch today… it had to be great motivation. I was looking at it, and thinking about my match. Many thanks to Cavic for bringing joy to me. My medal is bronze, but I think it’s golden like his silver also’ - said Novak

:spit: What, the chicken or the medal? :rolls: Thanks Rose, he sounds really happy :hug:

Just looking through some pictures and saw this one. Nole is such a hugger :lol: Here's him getting James in a head-lock :lol:

Lee
08-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Just looking through some pictures and saw this one. Nole is such a hugger :lol: Here's him getting James in a head-lock :lol:

Poor James looked like he didn't know what to do :lol: How could he get out of this head lock? :rolls:

arm
08-16-2008, 05:46 PM
WELL DONE, Nole! :woohoo:

Now get ready for the USOpen :hug:

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 05:46 PM
:spit: What, the chicken or the medal? :rolls: Thanks Rose, he sounds really happy :hug:

:lol: Yes - I had to read that a couple of times too :lol:

As for the hugging - he can practice on me anytime he likes :)

I do still feel so sorry for James though :awww:

arm
08-16-2008, 05:52 PM
How was he? Did he look sad? :awww:

«Ivan»
08-16-2008, 05:57 PM
‘Hello Serbia, here’s one more medal for you’ - he greeted them, and got huge applause and kisses.

Djokovic admitted that Cavic’s medal was great motivation for him.

oh,those serbs:angel::bowdown:

lina_seta
08-16-2008, 06:00 PM

Roger/Stan - :hatoff: Does anyone else feel like after yesterday's heartbreaks, it's turning out to be a happy ending? :music:

yes, the way things turned out seems like a movie plot...

after toying with our emotions and leaving us terribly disappointed a skillfully maneuvered plot twist left everyone happy again.. everyone ends with a win :worship: oh, destiny!

Pepi.
08-16-2008, 06:06 PM
congrats nole!

well done :D

Lee
08-16-2008, 06:07 PM
:rolls: I watched the match on line. Nole kissed the lucky charm he has on his bag :lol: He even has a second one inside his bag.

*Ljubica*
08-16-2008, 06:07 PM
How was he? Did he look sad? :awww:

At first - yes :awww: But he soon got into the match and was so happy in the end it made up for everything :)

neenah
08-16-2008, 06:59 PM

I was busy dancing around my house. :angel: :dance:

I saw the last two sets of Roger's match (Nole played while I was asleep :awww:) and I am so overjoyed. :D

I hope to catch some of Nole's match (maybe I'll stick to the second set ;)) later, especially to see his reaction at the end!

I'm very happy Serbia now has two medals. :)

Yes! :D

Just read in the GM match-thread that the dad rips his shirt when his baby is born :spit: Nole, what have you been doing? :armed:

Nole Jr. :hearts: :hearts:

:haha:

ce2
08-16-2008, 07:00 PM
:sobbing:
so happy
Novak and Cavic :worship:

pookykiki
08-16-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm so happy for Nole and I'm so proud of him!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
When the match began I was box in a bus for a 17 hours trip to Spain. We stopped in a bar and I saw on the TV that they were broadcasting it. I had to make a deal with the busman in order to stay until the end of the match (it was second set already). I think the other travellers have hated me but when they saw the stupid smile on my face they certainly forgive me (I hope so) :angel:!!!

Btw I'm happy too for Roger, he deserves the gold medal!

DhammaTiger
08-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Congratulations to Novak and his fans for the bronze. I am so happy for all of you :hug:

neenah
08-17-2008, 12:09 AM
When the match began I was box in a bus for a 17 hours trip to Spain. We stopped in a bar and I saw on the TV that they were broadcasting it. I had to make a deal with the busman in order to stay until the end of the match (it was second set already). I think the other travellers have hated me but when they saw the stupid smile on my face they certainly forgive me (I hope so) :angel:!!!

Funny story. :lol:

17 hours on a bus! Buses = :unsure: The longest I was ever on a bus was in Spain too actually, 11+ hours from Madrid to Barcelona in one day. We took the long way with all the necessary tourist stops. :p

That's great that you got to see some of the match! :D

neenah
08-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Congratulations to Novak and his fans for the bronze. I am so happy for all of you :hug:

Thank you! :hug:

Jelena_78
08-17-2008, 01:42 AM
17 hours on a bus! Buses = :unsure:

I went to Corfu by bus :unsure: 20 hours (18 when we were coming back) :tape: :spit: It is damn tiring :awww:

neenah
08-17-2008, 02:12 AM
I went to Corfu by bus :unsure: 20 hours (18 when we were coming back) :tape: :spit: It is damn tiring :awww:

Wow :dies just at the thought: :unsure:

aeronatasha
08-17-2008, 02:49 AM
:):worship:

08-17-2008, 03:17 AM
I had to make a deal with the busman in order to stay until the end of the match (it was second set already). I think the other travellers have hated me but when they saw the stupid smile on my face they certainly forgive me (I hope so) :angel:!!!

You know you're a fan when you stop a bus full of people giving you murderous looks, just to watch your favourite play :lol: :rolls: :hug:

aeronatasha - Lovely picture. Thanks! :inlove:

savesthedizzle
08-17-2008, 03:31 AM
Tunisian swimmer = cute.

My great Olympic observation of the night :rolls:

njnetswill
08-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Novak :woohoo:

But did anyone catch Usain Bolt's 100m run? That was insane! :eek: He slowed down in celebration and still broke the world record.

Scotso
08-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Nole :banana:

Tunisian swimmer = cute.

My great Olympic observation of the night :rolls:

Damn right he was :drool:

Scotso
08-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Novak :woohoo:

But did anyone catch Usain Bolt's 100m run? That was insane! :eek: He slowed down in celebration and still broke the world record.

That kind of showboating really peeves me.

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 10:54 AM

Ana :lol: That's such a great story - and I'm glad you got to see him in the end :) I travelled from Minsk to Moscow on a bus once that seemed to take forever :help: It was fun though :)

Natasha- thanks for the lovely photo :hug:

Ali - thanks for the good wishes and congratulations :)

Can't wait to see the presentation ceremony a little later on - want to see Nole's face when he gets his medal :inlove:

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Bastard BBC - not showing the MC :banghead:

See

http://www.tvchannelsfree.com/watch/5511/Al-Jazeera-Sport-2.html

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Brits - if you've got the full Sky package it's live on TVEi too

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Bastard BBC - not showing the MC :banghead:

See

http://www.tvchannelsfree.com/watch/5511/Al-Jazeera-Sport-2.html

And there was me ignoring the final with my DVD primed for the ceremony:spit:
Your link doesn't work :bigcry: but I can see this one http://www.justin.tv/de_rebote_vale

Only womens' doubles so far though - please tell me I haven't missed Nole trying to find a livestream that works :sobbing:

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:08 PM
No - you haven't missed him. Have you got the full Sky package though - scrol and find TVEi - if so - it's on there too...

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 01:10 PM
No - you haven't missed him. Have you got the full Sky package though - scrol and find TVEi - if so - it's on there too...

Yes - but I can't find it :bigcry: Alex is scrolling like crazy :banghead: What number is it on yours?

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:12 PM

You need the full package movies and everything. We haven't got it - we' re on Spanish satellite but it's listed there.

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Coming up now....

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 01:16 PM

You need the full package movies and everything. We haven't got it - we' re on Spanish satellite but it's listed there.

I love you, I love you, I love you :hug: We have got it - Alex just couldn't find it :rolleyes: And you could try it because we haven't got movies either - but I can see it now:)

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Just wish they'd stop showing Nadal :spit: But I guess it is a Spanish channel so I can forgive them as long as I get to see Nole :lol:

Herdwick
Brilliant - so glad!!! We're Ok - we've got it elsewhere - we're got a Euro sat dish which gives us lots of channels.

Herdwick
Come on - forgive them and him - you wouldn't see it otherwise!

Thank JP - not me. I was swearing madly and searching the web. He calmly scrolled thorugh the sat channels....

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Brilliant - so glad!!! We're Ok - we've got it elsewhere - we're got a Euro sat dish which gives us lots of channels.

I honestly never knew it existed - again - thanks so much. I nearly killed someone when BBC cut their coverage - b**tards :spit: No doubt we'll see almost all Nadal and none of anyone else :rolleyes: but at least I should see him walk round and get his medal.

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 01:24 PM
OMG - his smile and his eyes :inlove: Nole :hearts:

arm
08-17-2008, 01:31 PM
What smile? What eyes? Where????

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Awwww - bless - didn't he look happy. Waving his flag for all he was worth.

And Rafa looked adorable too - so much better without his bandana. Loved it where he tried to go off down the tunnel and they sent him back to do his lap of honour.

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Come on - forgive them and him - you wouldn't see it otherwise!

Thank JP - not me. I was swearing madly and searching the web. He calmly scrolled thorugh the sat channels....

OK - thanks JP :kiss: I'm just so grateful to have that ceremony on DVD now - I can even put up with the excessive shots of the Unmentionable One- after all - it is a Spanish Channel and he is "their" man :shrug:

Loved to see Nole smiling and looking so relaxed - and liked the way he had to tell RN to hold his medal up to the camares :lol:

arm
08-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Ok... Ignored. :awww: But I guess I understood now. :inlove:

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Bet you've never watched so much Rafa in your life :rolls: - you'll have to get the editing software out.

Sorry Raquel - are you still there? How's the Algarve?

arm
08-17-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm still here. Algarve is just like it was 11 years ago. :lol: When I started coming to this beach in specific. My gradparents used to have 2 apartments in Praia da Luz, but they sold them and after that we started coming to Quarteira, where I am now. It's the same. :shrug:

But I haven't gone to the beach yet, just slept al morning while everyone was at the beach. :o

*Raine
08-17-2008, 01:42 PM
I haven't seen the medal ceremony yet. :sad:

Our local channel just started to show Gonzalez and Nadal's match :rolleyes:. 2 hours delayed :rolleyes:

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Goes to look up Quarteira....

You missed Rafa's moment of triumph? And I thought you were a little partial...

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Ok... Ignored. :awww: But I guess I understood now. :inlove:

Hi Raquel :wavey: Yes - sorry - we were a little side-tracked watching Nole :hearts: Ater showing us all the other tennis medal ceremonies, our lovely BBC decided not to show the men :rolleyes: So the wonderful JP :worship: found some obscure Spanish Channel that we can get on our Sky TV over here - so Herdwick and I could watch it.

And - yes - you're right Herdwick- editing software could be in order, but being a technophobe, I'd probably end up editing Nole out too :awww: So best leave it alone:lol:

arm
08-17-2008, 01:45 PM
How did Nole look? Happy?

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Hardly obscure :lol: it's Television Espana International!

He did look wonderful though - smiling broadly and Srbija emblazoned on his top! Was he wearing a gold bracelet on his right wrist or was it a watch?

08-17-2008, 01:47 PM
:wavey: Guys,

Nole looked happy, and I'm glad for him. Whatever may have happened, this has been an experience he will remember for a long time. Happy that he got to be a part of the medal ceremony :hug:

ellewoods
08-17-2008, 01:49 PM
aww nole was looking so happy and showed great sportsmanship in congratulating rafa during the ceremony. he looked gorgeous in the serbian trackies as well.

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:50 PM
And no visible sign of a hangover :lol:

:wavey: to all happy Nole fans everyewhere

arm
08-17-2008, 01:52 PM
I am glad he looked happy. :D Can't survive if he cried live again. :awww:

Did you search for Quarteira? And??

You should come tp the Algarve, but I would recomment Portimão and its Praia da Rocha instead. ;)

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I did - between Albufeira and Faro airport. Looks nice from what I can see from Google Earth...have only been to Lisbon, Cascais, Viana de Castelo and Porto. Algarve is on the list but am bit put off by the Brits playing golf TBH.

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Hardly obscure :lol: it's Television Espana International!

He did look wonderful though - smiling broadly and Srbija emblazoned on his top! Was he wearing a gold bracelet on his right wrist or was it a watch?

:lol: It's obscure enough for me :lol:

And I loved the navy top too - I want one :hearts:

Hi Timmy and Raine :wavey: Raine are you feeling better now? Has your cold gone away yet?

arm
08-17-2008, 02:04 PM
:lol: Yes, Algarve is a perfect destination for the one who want to play golf. :lol:

You haven't been to Coimbra yet? That is unforgivable :shrug: Next time you come to Portugal, fly to Porto, catch a train to Coimbra (less than one hour) and stay there for a couple of days. Then catch a train to Algarve. You will find A LOT of fellows from your country, but you can just ignore them.. :shrug:

But I should tell you, my favourite region of Portugal is Alentejo :inlove:, Évora is my favourite Portuguese city. ;)

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Back from Google earth again. Thanks - shall bear it in mind - what's especially good about Évora please?

As you can tell we've been twice and flew to Lisbon and Porto respectively.

arm
08-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Well, Évora is in Alentejo and all is different in that region of Portugal. The people, the way tehy speak, the peace. I can't really exlain. But if you want to visit Alentejo, I would reccoment renting a car and getting lost in all those bad roads in the middle of nothing. It's such a peaceful place.

Search for some images and information about Alentejo.

Here in portugal, a lot of people dream about having a house in Algarve, I always tell those people that I would rather have a house in the midle of nothing in Alentrejo than a house with swimmingpool in Praia da Rocha.

Herdwick
08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Now we've gone back to the other thread. I'm confused myself.

kalisita
08-17-2008, 02:57 PM
NBC just put the Gold match on their website, so I got to see the medal ceremony. I slept through the actual match because I figured it'd be so routine and I was up late watching Safina-Dementieva. Just wanted to say how nice the ceremony was and how good Nole and Rafa looked. I'm happy for both of them! :)

*Raine
08-17-2008, 04:02 PM
:lol: It's obscure enough for me :lol:

And I loved the navy top too - I want one :hearts:

Hi Timmy and Raine :wavey: Raine are you feeling better now? Has your cold gone away yet?

I don't have a cold yet (I think in two days it will come), but I have a cough. :sad:
So I'm not feeling better yet.

Our local channel cut off the medal ceremony :o.

They also showed the women's final and men's final two hours delayed :mad:.

But at least I got to see Novak's match against Blake live yesterday in that channel.:D

It was the first time they showed tennis in Olympics this week :cuckoo:

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I don't have a cold yet (I think in two days it will come), but I have a cough. :sad:
So I'm not feeling better yet.

Our local channel cut off the medal ceremony :o.

They also showed the women's final and men's final two hours delayed :mad:.

But at least I got to see Novak's match against Blake live yesterday in that channel.:D

It was the first time they showed tennis in Olympics this week :cuckoo:

Well then - enjoy :) And hope you feel better soon :hug:

star
08-17-2008, 05:24 PM
:lol: Yes, Algarve is a perfect destination for the one who want to play golf. :lol:

You haven't been to Coimbra yet? That is unforgivable :shrug: Next time you come to Portugal, fly to Porto, catch a train to Coimbra (less than one hour) and stay there for a couple of days. Then catch a train to Algarve. You will find A LOT of fellows from your country, but you can just ignore them.. :shrug:

But I should tell you, my favourite region of Portugal is Alentejo :inlove:, Évora is my favourite Portuguese city. ;)

I see what you mean. There are some interesting megaliths to the east of Evora, It looks like you could just wander the narrow streets of Evora foever. I like nothing more than driving endlessly in the middle of nowhere going nowhere. :) Redondo is more the size of the town where I live. It really is in the middle of nowhere. If you want nothingness you should come herel You can googlearth Moab. :)

pookykiki
08-17-2008, 06:11 PM
aww nole was looking so happy and showed great sportsmanship in congratulating rafa during the ceremony. he looked gorgeous in the serbian trackies as well.

I totally agree, he was so cute at the ceremony with the Serbian sweats!!! Alex Corretja who is the spanish commentator said that he was very happy for Nole and he was glad to see him enjoying this moment and smiling that way! I always knew that Alex is a very cool guy. :lol:

Jelena_78
08-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh my, nothingness is :hearts:

Beautiful photos!

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I totally agree, he was so cute at the ceremony with the Serbian sweats!!! Alex Corretja who is the spanish commentator said that he was very happy for Nole and he was glad to see him enjoying this moment and smiling that way! I always knew that Alex is a very cool guy. :lol:

I like Alex Corretja too :) And Herdwick and I both had to watch Spanish TV for the ceremony because BBC didn't show it :rolleyes:

~Maya~
08-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, I am back in the internet world. Couldn't see any of Nole's matches:sad: but I can catch up:)
Novak has done more than I expected. I am so happy he won a medal:clap2::bigclap: The SF match must have been heartbreaking but I am happy he kept his composure and won the bronze:yeah:

I noticed that the bitch is back in GM:angel:

*Ljubica*
08-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Well, I am back in the internet world. Couldn't see any of Nole's matches:sad: but I can catch up:)
Novak has done more than I expected. I am so happy he won a medal:clap2::bigclap: The SF match must have been heartbreaking but I am happy he kept his composure and won the bronze:yeah:

I noticed that the bitch is back in GM:angel:

Hi Maja :wavey: Welcome back. Yes - the semi-final was heartbreaking, - but to see Nole's smile today when he took his medal has done a pretty good job of wiping away the tears.

As for GM :bolt: I try and avoid the place as much as possible, - and for the b*tches - well, over the years here I've found the IGNORE facility is my friend on here, as there are far, far too many of them to mention :lol:

star
08-17-2008, 10:36 PM

He looked very nice at the medal ceremony. I like his long legs. :)

The blue jacket was nice too.

Lee
08-17-2008, 10:55 PM
:):worship:

Is the other guy your brother?

I see what you mean. There are some interesting megaliths to the east of Evora, It looks like you could just wander the narrow streets of Evora foever. I like nothing more than driving endlessly in the middle of nowhere going nowhere. :) Redondo is more the size of the town where I live. It really is in the middle of nowhere. If you want nothingness you should come herel You can googlearth Moab. :)

Moab is definitely on my next visit list! How many days should I plan to stay? :lol:

Lee
08-17-2008, 10:57 PM
I will wait another 4 years to watch the medal ceremony in London where he will have his gold :p

Jelena_78
08-17-2008, 11:08 PM

The question is not for me, but I'll answer :o

It's Milorad Cavic, our swimmer that was 0.01 behind Phelps. Nole was looking and touching his medal, before his bronze medal match, preparing to take one himself :p :D

savesthedizzle
08-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Cavic :drool: :drool:

Lee
08-17-2008, 11:13 PM
The question is not for me, but I'll answer :o

It's Milorad Cavic, our swimmer that was 0.01 behind Phelps. Nole was looking and touching his medal, before his bronze medal match, preparing to take one himself :p :D

Thanks! Sorry I didn't recognise that's Mike :lol: Well, it's tough to concentrate when you have two 12 years old playing PS3 with deafening sound system right behind you. :tape:

MIMIC
08-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Anyone have the video of the medal ceremony?

MIMIC
08-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Nevermind...I found it on the NBC site.

star
08-18-2008, 03:42 AM

Moab is definitely on my next visit list! How many days should I plan to stay? :lol:

What do you want to see? There's so much to see. So many hikes. We had a big arch fall this past week. It made the news.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/08/080811-arch-photo.html

Funny because it always seemed so solid. Landscape Arch is the one we always think is going to go down.

Here are great pictures of Arches N.P. and Canyonlands N.P.

http://parkerlab.bio.uci.edu/nonscientific_adventures/Arches.htm
http://parkerlab.bio.uci.edu/nonscientific_adventures/Canyonlands.htm

Not all the pictures in the Canyonlands section are actually Canyonlands. :lol:

star
08-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Cavic :drool: :drool:

What impressed me about Cavic was how jovial and congenial he was immediately after a gut wrenching loss. It was amazing. Some tennis players :tape: could learn from him.

Lee
08-18-2008, 10:53 PM
What do you want to see? There's so much to see. So many hikes. We had a big arch fall this past week. It made the news.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/08/080811-arch-photo.html

Funny because it always seemed so solid. Landscape Arch is the one we always think is going to go down.

Here are great pictures of Arches N.P. and Canyonlands N.P.

http://parkerlab.bio.uci.edu/nonscientific_adventures/Arches.htm
http://parkerlab.bio.uci.edu/nonscientific_adventures/Canyonlands.htm

Not all the pictures in the Canyonlands section are actually Canyonlands. :lol:

Thanks. I read about the arch fall. Well, I can only hike for a short distance unfortunately and since it's very likely we bring our dog with us, I guess many places will be off limit. :tape:

*Ljubica*
08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I found this on Nole's official site and thought it was worth posting :) It is his interview after winning the Bronze medal.

Q. How do you feel?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Very happy. Very happy. I mean, to win any medal in the Olympics is a huge achievement for any athlete I think. Not many of the athletes get a chance to win a medal. But for me, this bronze, which I won here, shines like a gold 'cause I think I've played all the tournament pretty good tennis.

Q. Can you describe the difference between playing something like this as opposed to the Grand Slams?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I think you can compare -- I mean, I was saying before that winning a medal in Olympics has an extremely big value for me. It's important for my career as well as the Grand Slam win.
But it's quite different, again, because here you play for your country in the first place. You represent your country. Conditions are different. All the things are different. You know, you just try to have as much as option as you can have, play even doubles, so you can get a medal in such a huge event with the biggest history in the sport, where the top athletes from all the sports all around the world come together and, you know, fight for the medal.
So everything comes from zero here, no matter if you're No. 1 of the world or 100, because everybody has motivation more to do well.

Q. Could you describe what is your state of condition now going into the US Open. What is your perception of Nadal and Roger Federer? Do you think Federer has reached his peak?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I think I've motivated myself a lot with this bronze medal. As I said, I played really, really good tournament from the start. I think I, as well, had good chances to win the semifinal match against Nadal. Right now I just want to think about my medal and enjoy it, celebrate it, because I've put a lot of effort in it. And then, of course, we don't have much time for celebrations because the fourth and last Grand Slam of this year comes in a week time where I have to be well-rested and well-prepared so I can get really far.
Last year I played finals there. I have points to defend. But I feel good there. I like the courts. I like the atmosphere. As I said, this medal will give me a big boost up.

Q. You played a big match against Nadal yesterday. How do you see this final between Nadal and González?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, both of the players deserve to be in the final. Of course, they played great tennis, as well, throughout the week.
Well, González already won a medal in Athens, singles and doubles. So he knows what it feels like to be in the last rounds of the Olympic tournament. Nadal will have his debut in an Olympic final and his first medal, so I'm sure he's going to have a lot of motivation to win a gold. The way he's playing, I think he's a favorite, but you never know what's going to happen.

Q. Are you going to stay in Beijing until the end of the Olympic Games or will you start your preparation for the US Open?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I might stay here if I want to lose first round in US Open. I'm afraid I'm not going to stay here because Olympics are too long, even though I would really love to stay and follow other sports. I have to go already in two, three days in time so I can prepare myself for US Open. As I said, it's a really important event. If I have high intentions of being one of the top two, three players in the world in this year, I will have to do well in US Open.

Q. I want to know your opinion about the strength of Nadal. As you know, Nadal will be No. 1 on Monday. Do you believe his reign will be long or what about this?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I don't know what should I say about length of his No. 1 place of the world. You know, it's very unpredictable. Tennis is like that. You know, it can turn around in a split of a second. If something bad happens to you, like injuries, because there is many tournaments and many players willing to get that first place of the world, so competition is getting stronger. And the good thing about tennis this year is that you have many players who are winning some major events. It's a bigger competition, as I said, bigger line. It's more attractive for the fans, for the tennis fans. It's gonna be interesting to see towards the end of the year who is gonna win more major events. Nadal absolutely deserves to be No. 1. He's been playing the best tennis this year. That's no doubt. Now, of course, for him next challenge will be to stay as long as he can there.

arm
08-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks Rose. :hug:

star
08-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks. I read about the arch fall. Well, I can only hike for a short distance unfortunately and since it's very likely we bring our dog with us, I guess many places will be off limit. :tape:

Still lots of good places for a dog to go. :)

And when you want to go to the national parks, there's a wonderful place here that will take care of your dog while you are gone for the day. They take the dogs on walks and everything.

EKSTREMISTA
08-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Nole won bronze on the field but outside the field he won gold:

Novak Djokovic and Leryn Franco have romance - tennis player and sexy athlete in love

http://www.bumeral.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/novak-djokovic-leryn-franco.jpg

Novak Djokovic and Leryn Franco together.

Only could get bronze medal in tennis, but Novak Djokovic is the brilliant passing in Beijing. The Serbian managed to conquer Leryn Franco, a Paraguayan pitcher of javelin, considered one of the most beautiful in the Olympic village and that always makes his last show as a model.
In the Sunday edition of the newspaper La Nacion of Argentina, highlights the continuing departures in public two athletes in Beijing, the No. 3 tennis player in the ATP ranking of the Paraguayan and javelin, according to the versions collected in the Olympic village .

The javelin Leryn Franco asked forgiveness from Beijing today with tears in their eyes all Paraguayans to be eliminated in the preliminary round of the Olympic Games. The best launch of our compatriot, 45.34 meters, left her in the penultimate position of its series and is almost ten meters below his best mark.

“Djokovic looks to its new partner as if it were a trophy,” said the blog Olympic La Nacion newspaper, citing an Argentine athlete. “If it official? Yes, of course. If you go hand in hand to all sides, “says the athlete, who gave no further details.

Who speak? The new conquest presumed that Djokovic is nothing less than the athlete Paraguayan Leryn Franco, pitcher, whose participation javelin went without penalty or sporting glory by its Beijing-launches were even 10 meters below its own brand and ended in penultimate place the 54 athletes who competed in this test. But what did not go unnoticed in the Olympic village was the beauty of this young athlete 26-year-old former beauty contestant contests.

Djokovic, after he was removed by the Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal in the semifinals of his specialty, he saw very well together at the Villa by the former Miss Paraguay Virreina of 26 years.

Leryn, one of the most sought after by athletes, seems to have lifted the morale Serbian player who despite not having won the gold, stayed with the prize most coveted by men in the Olympic event.Novak’s Physical Trainer treated Leryn Franco several days.

Novak djokovic have romance with this sexy athlete….Lucky man….
Share and Enjoy:

Leryn Franco Paraguayan sexy athlete - preety Olympic games star pictures
Novak Djokovic Tennis Player Review
Novak Djokovic tennis Serbian at Olymic games said - It will be difficult but for all
Rafael Nadal won Novak Djokovic - Novak cried - Olympic semifinal
Novak Djokovic wins Australian open and Serbia give him a welcome

Well that was fast. Leryn Franco has officially turned into the hottest gal on the net. No one can abstain from talking about the Paraguayan belle for more than ten minutes and she didn’t even medal in the Olympics. Hawt! Hey, we’re guilty too. And now, rumors are swirling that she’s bagged herself a Serbian tennis player by the name of Novak Djokovic. Better known on Machochip as the guy who desperately wanted to meet Diego Maradona after he defeated Roger Federer in the Australian Open earlier this year. Nice choice, Lerynita.

“Djokovic looks to his new partner as if she were a trophy,” said one of the Argentine athletes. “Is it official? Yes, of course. They go hand in hand everywhere,” he says. The romance he’s referring to is that among the world’s number three tennis player and the beautiful athlete Paraguayan Leryn Franco.
[Ed note: Translated from “La Nacion Blog.”]
Aside, Serbian dudes get a lot of Latinas. We’re sure this is exactly what Leryn Franco wanted: a mega-star on some professional circuit to lead her to greatness. You know what, we’re going to applaud the hell out it because she’s purdy. And because that means we’ll get to see a lot more of her. Every. Single. Day.

http://www.bumeral.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/leryn-franco-posing-sexy1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J4ZdWSdVghE/SKdBDhokQyI/AAAAAAAAAd8/vocolUtq_fo/s400/Leryn+Franco+4.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_J4ZdWSdVghE/SKdA7fgXQgI/AAAAAAAAAd0/LuRNacmzfO0/s400/Leryn+Franco+3.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J4ZdWSdVghE/SKdBDw5bDsI/AAAAAAAAAeM/HwYKeXXsARw/s400/Leryn+Franco+6.jpg

EKSTREMISTA
08-22-2008, 03:30 PM
This picture is missing up there

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3482/novakdjokoviclerynfrancof1.jpg