BRONZE MEDALIST in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics! [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

BRONZE MEDALIST in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:23 AM
double bps for Nole. Ajde!

*Raine
08-13-2008, 09:23 AM
I like Misha too normally - but - not today :tape:

I like him too except when he's against Novak of course :angel:
Nole just won the TB! :woohoo: Hope he calms down and gets the heck out of there fast. I'm glad Nole won the first set, but I hate that Youzhny DF to give it away. I hate when players do that on the big points. I feel so bad for them.

I hope he calms down in this 2nd set.

Looks like winning first set loosen Nole up a bit. Let's see
:banana: Nole..

Yikes there's thunder.. I need to close the computer for now. Bye cheer for Nole.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:24 AM
:bounce: 2-1 Nole up a break!

Nole manages to stay in the point in 2nd set and let Misha commits UEs.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:25 AM
It seems it's not as hot as yesterday. Nole had ice-towel around his neck during breaks yesterday but not today.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Nole up a break, 2-1. :) Just have to hold serve now (though I wouldn't mind another break).

Nadal is up 2 breaks on Andreev in the second. Andreev was in go-for-broke mode at the end of the first set. It got him to 15-40, but then 2 UEs got Nadal to deuce. He may be spend now. I just hope he avoids a bagel. I like Andreev for some reason. I don't quite know why.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Nole up a break, 2-1. :) Just have to hold serve now (though I wouldn't mind another break).

Nadal is up 2 breaks on Andreev in the second. Andreev was in go-for-broke mode at the end of the first set. It got him to 15-40, but then 2 UEs got Nadal to deuce. He may be spend now. I just hope he avoids a bagel. I like Andreev for some reason. I don't quite know why.

I love Andreev :inlove: And I cannot stand Nadal :spit: So this match is agony for me - especially as my TV is showing it when I can't even see a livestream of Novak :awww:

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Nole holds. Lucky that he has new balls to help him consolidate the break.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Misha went from 40-15 to bp :tape:

saved by an ace

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Wow! 2 aces and 1 service winner to hold serve by Misha.

3-2 Nole to serve.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:39 AM
4-2 Nole. Pretty good service game with an ace, 2 service winner and a forced error.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:43 AM
4-3 Nole to serve.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Okay. I like Misha, but I want an easy hold followed by a beak to be done.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for all the reports Lee:hug: You must be so tired :zzz: I'm just eating breakfast now - been up 3 hours so thought it was about time :)

Running:Free
08-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Morning everyone :wavey:

Ajde Nole!:banana: Leading 5-3.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 09:47 AM
I've noticed in these last couple of matches Nole's been doing a lot more prancing than usual. It's a little odd, but not exactly bad.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Another easy service game 5-3 Nole.

He was definitely breathed very hard after a little running on the court.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:48 AM
I've noticed in these last couple of matches Nole's been doing a lot more prancing than usual. It's a little odd, but not exactly bad.

Intimidation? Did you see Misha half sprinted back to court after the break? :lol:

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:49 AM
2 mps. Ajde Nole!

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Prancing :inlove::hearts:

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:50 AM
:woohoo: 7-6 6-3 Nole!

08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Done! :D Only had to sit through 5 mins. today :o :lol:

Lee - Thanks for calling the match.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks for all the reports Lee:hug: You must be so tired :zzz: I'm just eating breakfast now - been up 3 hours so thought it was about time :)

You're welcome, Rose! :hug:

I can only sleep for 3 hours and needs to be up at 6am.

Nole has a kind of Chinese lucky charm tied to his tennis bag. It's pretty lovely.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:54 AM
:awww: For the lucky charm.

And thanks a lot Lee - go try to get some sleep now :hug:

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Bye everyone!

08-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Nole has a kind of Chinese lucky charm tied to his tennis bag. It's pretty lovely.

:inlove: :inlove:

Bye Lee :hug:

kalisita
08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Good job, Nole! Up next is either Nalby or Monfils. I'm going to try to watch that match just because I haven't seen either play, and am kind of wondering how Nalby is doing after not playing for so long.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Good job, Nole! Up next is either Nalby or Monfils. I'm going to try to watch that match just because I haven't seen either play, and am kind of wondering how Nalby is doing after not playing for so long.

Nalby :help::unsure: He scares me! He's either brilliant or complete sh*t. Let's hope it is the latter when/if he plays Nole.

Bye Lee :wavey: Sleep well :)

MagicMilan
08-13-2008, 10:03 AM
First major obstacle passed :D
I have a very good feeling about Olympics :drool:

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 10:04 AM

Milan :hug: I wish I shared your optimism. In fact I wish I could even see some of it :spit: All BBC ever show are Federer and Nadal :rolleyes:

kalisita
08-13-2008, 10:05 AM

Hope your feeling is right. :) One more match and he'll play for a medal regardless of whether he wins or loses the SFs.

Björki
08-13-2008, 10:12 AM
well done Nole :banana:

Jelena_78
08-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Nole :rocker2: :D

I'm glad he made it after the late match last night.

Misha :hug:

One more win and he'll fight for a medal! Ajde!!!!!!

*Raine
08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Nole :banana: thank you for making my day

Thanks Lee for the reports.:D

Andreev :sad:.

OT: Our representative for archery lost today :mad:. We have yet to win our first olympic gold ever.

Jelena_78
08-13-2008, 10:37 AM
OT: Our representative for archery lost today :mad:. We have yet to win our first olympic gold ever.

:hug: Fingers crossed!

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Nole :banana: thank you for making my day

Thanks Lee for the reports.:D

Andreev :sad:.

:awww: There's still time :hug:

Tess Gray
08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Novak :D great job finishing in two sets.
Youzhny is a tricky oponent, especially on hardcourt:D
Adje!!

MagicMilan
08-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Milan :hug: I wish I shared your optimism. In fact I wish I could even see some of it :spit: All BBC ever show are Federer and Nadal :rolleyes:
Hopefully you'll be able to see more of him as the tournament progresses :hug:
Before the games even started, I said that Novak would win the only gold medal for Serbia. What a great present that would be :D

arm
08-13-2008, 11:22 AM
I tryed to wake uyp but I wasn't string enough. :sad:

:woohoo: Well done! :D And he won a tiebreak again! :D How did he play?

tmv
08-13-2008, 11:30 AM
:woohoo: Well done! :D And he won a tiebreak again! :D How did he play?

A bit nervous in a first set, but pretty convincing in second :).

arm
08-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks. :hug:

I wasn't strong enough to get out of bed, but I guess it's ok as there werent any streams here in Europe... :sad:

*Raine
08-13-2008, 11:56 AM
:hug: Fingers crossed!

:hug: Thanks

:awww: There's still time :hug:

There's still boxing, he's our best hope :)

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Hopefully you'll be able to see more of him as the tournament progresses :hug:
Before the games even started, I said that Novak would win the only gold medal for Serbia. What a great present that would be :D

Indeed - it would be marvellous :)

Afternoon Raquel my dear :wavey:

arm
08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi Rose :wavey:

;)Nice username.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi Rose :wavey:

;)Nice username.

Hvala :hug:

Now when are you going to change yours young lady?:)

arm
08-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I have yet found the courage to do it. :awww:

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
I have yet found the courage to do it. :awww:

Some people never do :shrug: Mine has changed twice in 5 years now - so not that often.

arm
08-13-2008, 12:34 PM
I will change it one day, I'm sure. But it's just not the right time now. :shrug:

*Raine
08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe I should go and "inspire" Novak more. :angel:

For his game tomorrow. ;)

08-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Was thinking of how beautiful it would be if Nole beat Nalby, Rafa, and Fed on his way to the medal :hearts:

Or it could end up disastrous :o :lol:

Gael/Nalby playing, the first leading with a set.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Maybe I should go and "inspire" Novak more. :angel:

For his game tomorrow. ;)

You behave yoursef girl - the boy needs his rest. So for now, just inspire him with thoughts of his "reward" once he has won that medal :angel:

And - yes - Timmy - would be so wonderful. I am watching Fat Dave/Monfils now - trust the UK to have a damned livestream when I no longer really want one :tape: Monfls is winning so far.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
You behave yoursef girl - the boy needs his rest. So for now, just inspire him with thoughts of his "reward" once he has won that medal :angel:

And - yes - Timmy - would be so wonderful. I am watching Fat Dave/Monfils now - trust the UK to have a damned livestream when I no longer really want one :tape: Monfls is winning so far.

Monfils just won. I wasn't able to watch anything but those last few points. How is Monfils playing?

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Monfils just won. I wasn't able to watch anything but those last few points. How is Monfils playing?

Well he seemed to have a lot of energy on court - serving quite well, and throwing himself around like he always does. Thought he seemed quite solid and very strong to be honest :help: However, Fat Dave was poor - very sluggish and slow moving, - you can see he hasn't had so much match play recently because of all his injuries - so he didn't do a great deal to make Monfils work. I think Nole will be too clever for Monfils - hope I'm right :unsure:

kalisita
08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
The schedule for tomorrow is out. Play starts at 4 pm. Nole will play Monfils 3rd on Court 1. He follows Serena-Dementieva and then Gonzalez-Mathieu.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Well he seemed to have a lot of energy on court - serving quite well, and throwing himself around like he always does. Thought he seemed quite solid and very strong to be honest :help: However, Fat Dave was poor - very sluggish and slow moving, - you can see he hasn't had so much match play recently because of all his injuries - so he didn't do a great deal to make Monfils work. I think Nole will be too clever for Monfils - hope I'm right :unsure:

That's how he was at the FO. He tracked down a lot of balls, even better than Nadal did IMO, he just didn't have Nadal's ability of shot making to back that up. He even was cramping and still seemed to have energy left in some matches. He gave Fed a rough time in the SFs. I was actually hoping Nalby would win for once.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
The schedule for tomorrow is out. Play starts at 4 pm. Nole will play Monfils 3rd on Court 1. He follows Serena-Dementieva and then Gonzalez-Mathieu.

Court 1 again - f*** :banghead: Am I ever going to get to see him? BBC and European livestreams only seem to show Centre Court. I just hope some French station somewhere may broadcast Monfils. Thanks for the info anyway.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
That's how he was at the FO. He tracked down a lot of balls, even better than Nadal did IMO, he just didn't have Nadal's ability of shot making to back that up. He even was cramping and still seemed to have energy left in some matches. He gave Fed a rough time in the SFs. I was actually hoping Nalby would win for once.

Trouble with Nalby - when he's hot, he is better than pretty much any of the others - that's why I was scared of him! But admittedy, if he still seems to be a little slow from his health problems, it could have been a nice match for Nole like the Queens semi-final this year :)

At least 3rd on court means a lie-in for me tomorrow :lol:

kalisita
08-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Trouble with Nalby - when he's hot, he is better than pretty much any of the others - that's why I was scared of him! But admittedy, if he still seems to be a little slow from his health problems, it could have been a nice match for Nole like the Queens semi-final this year :)

At least 3rd on court means a lie-in for me tomorrow :lol:

I kind of figured he's be on later since the Monfils match was scheduled last today. I was hoping I was wrong since this is like the first time this week I wanted him scheduled as earlier as possible. I have to watch my neighbors' son tomorrow and he'll be here at 7:30 am. :sad: Oh, well. I'll probably be able to watch pieces of it.

08-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Crossing fingers, hope it's a clean match, and Nole has a good game-plan. He'll need his serve.

I think they'll be on around 8PM (Beijing Time).

kalista - Can you link the schedule for tomorrow? Thank you :hug:

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I kind of figured he's be on later since the Monfils match was scheduled last today. I was hoping I was wrong since this is like the first time this week I wanted him scheduled as earlier as possible. I have to watch my neighbors' son tomorrow and he'll be here at 7:30 am. :sad: Oh, well. I'll probably be able to watch pieces of it.

How old is your neighbour's son? Maybe he'll be having his nap at that time :) I probably will end up having to get up to be honest, because I have some stuff to do in town, so may need to go there really early to be back before Nole starts.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 04:33 PM
How old is your neighbour's son? Maybe he'll be having his nap at that time :) I probably will end up having to get up to be honest, because I have some stuff to do in town, so may need to go there really early to be back before Nole starts.

He's 9 so he's too old for naps. He's a nice boy, but he's one of those kids who kind of needs to be entertained.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 04:35 PM
He's 9 so he's too old for naps. He's a nice boy, but he's one of those kids who kind of needs to be entertained.

:scratch: Sit him down in front of the screen and "entertain him with the tennis :) I remember I already used to love watching tennis when I was about that age. Goodluck anyway :)

gambit84
08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
please Nole, kick out the french :angel:

neenah
08-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Rose, you went for the username change! :yeah:

Sorry, that was off-topic. To bring it back: Ajde Nole! :rocker2:

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Rose, you went for the username change! :yeah:

Sorry, that was off-topic. To bring it back: Ajde Nole! :rocker2:

Indeed I did :) And as for tmv's smileys - they are the best - :secret: I've swiped a few too :lol:

And back on topic too - ajde Nole :)

arm
08-13-2008, 08:00 PM
What time tomorrow? And please tell me there is a stream... :sad:

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 08:43 PM
What time tomorrow? And please tell me there is a stream... :sad:

Third match on Court 1 - so I guess about 1.00pm for us. As yet - there is no stream that works for us poor Europeans since Monday :bigcry: But I'm hoping someone will find one tomorrow morning - I'm sure some of the French Channels will be showing Monfils - then I will post it here for sure :) If not - you get used to the Live Scoreboard after a few days :rolleyes:

arm
08-13-2008, 11:30 PM
I hate that livescore. :mad:

08-14-2008, 02:12 AM

Just watched a little bit of the match, and I know exactly what you mean :spit: Both of them were acting weird :o :lol:

Raquel - Worst part about that scoreboard is that you can't tell who's serving when :( No way to confirm a break, until someone consolidates.

See you all for the match tomorrow :wavey:

Ajde Novak! :rocker2:

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Court 1 again - f*** :banghead: Am I ever going to get to see him? BBC and European livestreams only seem to show Centre Court. I just hope some French station somewhere may broadcast Monfils. Thanks for the info anyway.

As long as Nadal and Federer are still in the draw :shrug:

amdany
08-14-2008, 07:17 AM
damn, Nole vs Gael:awww::awww: two of my faves, and I won't be able to watch:mad:

Rose, your username:speakles:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 07:57 AM
damn, Nole vs Gael:awww::awww: two of my faves, and I won't be able to watch:mad:

Rose, your username:speakles:

I honestly swear it has nothing to do with Ivan Ljubicic :p :lol:

amdany
08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
I honestly swear it has nothing to diowith Ivan Ljubicic :p :lol:

yeah I know now I read it on the chat thread:lol: but at first I was like WTF :unsure::lol:

edit: I saw your post on the Gael's forum, no worries you'll always be in peace there :lol:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 08:20 AM
yeah I know now I read it on the chat thread:lol: but at first I was like WTF :unsure::lol:

edit: I saw your post on the Gael's forum, no worries you'll always be in peace there :lol:

Yes - they were nice people over there :) And - it's funny - when I was talking about changing my name I just KNEW that some people here would assume I suddenly had the hots for our Ivan :o I don't mind him actually - but not in THAT way :lol:

Sorry - you can't watch the match - I can't either :shrug: Guess we must all learn to love and embrace the ghastly Olympics live scoreboard :awww:

kalisita
08-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Well, this sucks.

Nole is now sheduled 2nd on Court 1, though the new schedule had play starting at 6 pm. It needs to stop raining right NOW.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
:wavey: When I got up and saw the forecast, I went out for a couple of hours and just came home now. Any chance of play today do you think?

kalisita
08-14-2008, 11:27 AM
:wavey: When I got up and saw the forecast, I went out for a couple of hours and just came home now. Any chance of play today do you think?

I have the NBC stream on and they have been drying the court and setting it up for play. But the guy who writes on the ITF site it was still raining lightly as of 7:10 pm. So I guess we just have to hope that it stops completely. But, it'll probably be a late night for many of the players, especially if they're playing doubles as well.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I have the NBC stream on and they have been drying the court and setting it up for play. But the guy who writes on the ITF site it was still raining lightly as of 7:10 pm. So I guess we just have to hope that it stops completely. But, it'll probably be a late night for many of the players, especially if they're playing doubles as well.

Thanks for the update. I put the BBC TV on, but they're not showing any outside events at all - so it was impossible for me to tell. Still - at least I got to the Bank and did some shopping - trying to find the "silver lining" here :lol:

08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
:wavey: Raining?

kalisita
08-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Fed and Blake are on Centre. The stream for Court 1, Nole's court, isn't working right now. :sad: Hope they fix it quick. Just have to hope the rain stays away. :)

edit: It's working now. Yippee!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Looks like we're relying on you again then kalista :awww: We have a great livestream from Centre in Europe this morning - but - of course - no Court 1:sad:

arm
08-14-2008, 11:54 AM
ood morning everyone :wavey:

What's going on? It's raining? :sad:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
ood morning everyone :wavey:

What's going on? It's raining? :sad:

Hi Raquel :wavey: It's just stopped raining there - play started about 10 minutes ago. Nole has now been moved to 2nd match on Court 1. Great livestreams for Centre Court :spit: but none for Court 1 in Europe again :sobbing:

camnation
08-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Fed and Blake are on Centre. The stream for Court 1, Nole's court, isn't working right now. :sad: Hope they fix it quick. Just have to hope the rain stays away. :)

edit: It's working now. Yippee!
Ooh, you're lucky to get a stream on Court 1. In Canada I only get a stream for Centre Court (but I suppose I should count my blessings too ;)).

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Ooh, you're lucky to get a stream on Court 1. In Canada I only get a stream for Centre Court (but I suppose I should count my blessings too ;)).

Same here. But what on earth is happening to Roger?:eek: A set and a break down to James Blake :eek: I could almost cry for him - he looks so confused and :sad: out there :sobbing:

*Raine
08-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Off topic: http://images.idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/bye1.gif hello

I feel like my head is going to explode or something. It really hurts. Yesterday up to now I have a hoarse voice, and just 2 hours ago a headache. I have a feeling a cough then a cold is coming http://images.idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/noexpression.gif. So I can't really concentrate on the live scoreboard right now. :sad:

Good luck to Novak :banana:

If he thinks of me, he'll be fine :angel:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 12:42 PM

I feel like my head is going to explode or something. It really hurts. Yesterday up to now I have a hoarse voice, and just 2 hours ago a headache. I have a feeling a cough then a cold is coming http://images.idolforums.com/style_emoticons/idf/noexpression.gif. So I can't really concentrate on the live scoreboard right now. :sad:

Raine :awww: Sorry you feel ill - hope you get better soon :hug: And don't you giving Novak your fever :fiery:

Take care :hug:

08-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Serena won the first set 6-3. I think Nole will be on in about 45 minutes tops.

Only Center Court streaming for Canadians :ras:

EDIT: Ok, no idea if this works for the rest of you, or maybe it's only in Canada - Court 1 streaming:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-olympics.php?w=TE1

arm
08-14-2008, 01:22 PM

:hug: Nole will win to make yuou feel better. ;)

Back!

arm
08-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Blake won??????????? WTF?

08-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Serena lost the second set. Nole will be playing after 10PM now :(

After seeing Roger loose, I'm :unsure: for Nole.

kalisita
08-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Serena got broken to lose the break and then got broken again to lose the second set. Be a while now before Nole's match.

camnation
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Same here. But what on earth is happening to Roger?:eek: A set and a break down to James Blake :eek: I could almost cry for him - he looks so confused and :sad: out there :sobbing:
Shocking indeed (although I kinda like Jimmy so I'm not upset or anything). I'm actually gonna play tennis with a Fed fan today... it'll be an awkward afternoon.

Erm, well, what else is there to say but ajde Nole!

arm
08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Serena lost the second set. Nole will be playing after 10PM now :(

After seeing Roger loose, I'm :unsure: for Nole.

No worries, easy win for Nole today. ;) He will be fine, trust me. :hug:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Roger :bigcry: yes I'm a FedTard and I am :sad: right now. Blake played very well and fully deserved to win - but - even so - poor Roger :awww:

And damn Serena - I want Nole on court or it will be so late though :awww: Or raining again :help:

arm
08-14-2008, 01:41 PM
It won't rain. ;) And I would rather watch Dementieva winning... :)

08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Elena serving for the match. Hope she doesn't choke this away :spit:

10PM estimate was close :angel:

Raquel - Not extremely worried or tense :hug: Was just a little :eek: after that result. It's weird, but one gathers strength/confidence when the seeds hold form.

neenah
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Nole hasn't started yet? :eek: I just woke up. :p

Anyway, as you all know, I cheer for Federer first and foremost in a lot of tournaments - including the Olympics - so now that he's out I can devote my attention fully to Nole and Rafa. How do the silver/bronze medals work out? :scratch:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Davai Elena - :secret: I cannot stand Serena :devil:

Hi Nina :wavey:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:07 PM
OK guys in Europe. I have just found a livestream showing Serena and Elena. I have no idea if it will end after this match - but - if it doesn't - we all now what the next match on court is :)
http://www.mogulus.com/fenixar

08-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Davai Elena - :secret: I cannot stand Serena :devil:

Can't stand either of them :sobbing: They don't want to get off the court.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
F*** - my link has gone to basketball now :spit: Ah well - it was good while it lasted :awww:

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:19 PM
It won't rain. ;) And I would rather watch Dementieva winning... :)

YES!!! Elena won!

And Nole will be on soon! :dance:

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:20 PM
:hug: Rose, Nina, Jelena and other Fedfans here.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks Lee - ajde Nole!

And how I wish I could see this match - just one match of his :bigcry:

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi all - literally just back

Few problems? Nole is on

right now!

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
His next match will probably in center court.

08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Gael won the toss. Serving first.

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Welecome back Herdwick! And right on time :lol:

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Welecome back Herdwick! And right on time :lol:

:wavey: Aren't I just? Just sadly bereaved of cat at vet so hope Nole can deliver a much-needed pick up...

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
:wavey: Aren't I just? Just sadly bereaved of cat at vet so hope Nole can deliver a much-needed pick up...

:awww: Bunter.

neenah
08-14-2008, 02:36 PM
:hug: Rose, Nina, Jelena and other Fedfans here.

Thanks Lee :hug:

Hi everyone :wavey: Welcome back, Herdwick.

I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours, I can watch Nole! :D

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:37 PM
1-1

Nole totally dictated play in Gael's service game but 3 UEs from his forehand. :banghead:

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Not that damn FH again...

Roger :sobbing: I can't believe he lost to Blake..

neenah
08-14-2008, 02:40 PM
First point I see is a drop shot of doom. :help:

Ajdeeee.

sphiie
08-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm a Rafa fan, and I think he should be with Novak ( i suppose... ) and if, i'm not wrong, i'm pretty sure at 95% the winner would be Novak. he's so strong on HC and against RAfa, no chance... Novak: gold metal. for sure (i suppose!)

kalisita
First point I see is a drop shot of doom. :help:

Ajdeeee.

Me too. And now broken. :sad:

Herdwick
Nole - I am counting on you for a pickmeup today. Losing your serve in the third game does not fill me with hope...

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Herdwick - welcome back, and I'm so sorry about Bunter :hug:

If you don't already have it- here's the link for Europeans to watch Novak. Quality isn't that great - but better than nothing http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-olympics.php?w=TE1

See he's lost his serve already :sad:

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:43 PM
2 dropshot of death gives Monfils a bp and another forehand UE gives Monfils a break. :mad:

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 02:44 PM
:wavey: and thanks.

Have you not been able to see the earlier matches then? This link seems fine...?

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Long hard hitting vs Monfils already taking it's toll on Nole and he tries to shorten the points by using dropshot. Unfortunately, his dropshots are sooooooo bad that they can't even cross the net and have Monfils running. :tape:

Nole, you need to find your forehand fast.

*Ljubica*
:wavey: and thanks.

Have you not been able to see the earlier matches then? This link seems fine...?

Only on Monday v Ginepri - the other two days we had nothing in Europe at all :sad:

Gael held at love.

C'mon Nole! Focus.

camnation
08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
It sucks to not know what's happening for those of us without a livestream. :scared: So thank you for the updates. :hug:

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Gael has brought his head on to court today - he's going to make him run. Nole looks hot, tired and cross already.

08-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Bad net-play, Gael holds. Nole looks sluggish.

Ajde, hold!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Gael has brought his head on to court today - he's going to make him run. Nole looks hot, tired and cross already.

I have a bad feeling about this - especially since Roger lost :awww: Could well be the last match I watch this Olympics :awww:

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Nole needs to be patient with Monfils.

Herdwick, Nole looked the same yesterday in the first set vs Misha but somehow he was fresher in the 2nd set. So hopefully he finds his energy soon too.

neenah
Who will Blake play in the semis? I just can't keep track of this tournament. :o

Held at 15, two aces in that game. Imperative that he breaks here :armed:

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Good to see him out of the dreaded babygro. Lovely shot of the legs at that change of ends:devil:
Now break back.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Who will Blake play in the semis? I just can't keep track of this tournament. :o

Mathieu or Gonzalez. SO I fear a Gold medal for my "favourite" player :spit:

Lee
08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Ajde Nole!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Nole :awww: Don't get so upset :sad:

neenah
08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Mathieu or Gonzalez. SO I fear a Gold medal for my "favourite" player :spit:

Mathieu?! Wow, I've been so caught up in the Roger/Rafa/Nole aspect of the Olympics that I didn't even realize Mathieu is still in! Good for him, I like him. :yeah:

Nole hasn't lost yet! And he could beat Rafa ;)

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 02:58 PM
For those of you who've been able to see, has he been this cross all week?

08-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Ahhhh. That smash into the net.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Nole is playing like total sh*t :sad: Unfocused, bad tempered, swearng all the time- he wouldn't beat me unless he smartens up a bit :rolleyes:

And this damned screaming, shrieking crowd really begin to irritate me :fiery:

Monfils just camps out so far behind the base-line. Nole needs to come in more, attack the net and volley.

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Nole is still trying to pull the trigger too early.

Now BREAK!

Nole playing the net. Break.NOW.Please.

neenah
Second serve to the body to force an error from Monfils, and Nole holds to force Monfils to serve for the set.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:02 PM
For those of you who've been able to see, has he been this cross all week?

I only saw him on Monday and he was OK then - but I hear he has been a bit "scratchy" these past days :sad: Poor b***** has never been in Centre Court yet - they only ever out him out on Court 353 :devil:

arm
08-14-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm here. Calm down everyone. :hug:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:04 PM

You're obviously not watching it then :lol: He is bad - why calm down :fiery:

camnation
eokugjubqkljgbqlkjBLAIJBRLIBlrigblrihnwlrikhnlwkn! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Herdwick
:wavey: but this is not looking good...

arm
But he broke back! :D

Where are you watching?

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:05 PM
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Nole, please settle down. Monfils will break down mentally if you're patient.

My stream died on the SP. Crap.

*Ljubica*
Does anyone hear mind if I say something really rude in Serbian? :o

*Raine
08-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Raine :awww: Sorry you feel ill - hope you get better soon :hug: And don't you giving Novak your fever :fiery:

Take care :hug:

:lol: I won't.

:hug: Nole will win to make yuou feel better. ;)

Back!

He will if he wins.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this :sad:. How's he doing now?
No livestreams are working for me :mad:

kalisita
First set gone. He needs to hold it together. I had a bad feeling about this, especially after the Nole lose thread was up on GM yesterday. This sucks! :sad:

Herdwick
But he broke back! :D

Where are you watching?

No he didn't.

arm
Hey everyone, everything will be fine. ;)

Breath in, breath out. He broke back. :D

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Raquel :lol: Are you sure you're not watching Venus Williams by mistake :tape:

arm
08-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I have to go. :sad: I am so sorry, but if I don't leave, I won't have internet access in bAlgarve and that is a lot worse.

People, I am with you, he WILL BE FINE! We have to believe. :D

ADJE NOLE! :hug: We are all here for you. ;)

arm
08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I have no idea :shrug: I probably was. :sad:

Anyway, it's just a set. he will come back. :)

Gotta go :wavey:

Raquel - Where are you watching? :lol:

Rose - Care to share? :angel:

Held at love, Ajde!

neenah
Okay Nole, now's the time when you get your second wind. :D

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
:wavey: Raquel - safe journey :hug:

But now without your sunny positivity - poor Nole and us are all doomed :bigcry:

Timmy - what do you want to share? I'm araid Miljan is non-negotiable :pBut I'm open to other offers :angel:

08-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Gael is like a monster-bunny :sobbing: Tracks down everything.

Beautiful FH DTL! Ajde!

neenah
08-14-2008, 03:12 PM
I had to close my livestream because I'm doing something for a friend that I have to do now, and it involves files in my external hard drive - and going there makes my computer run slowly, and combination of that and the stream was very bad. :o

Still, ajde!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Gael is like a monster-bunny :sobbing: Tracks down everything.

Beautiful FH DTL! Ajde!

He needs a hard slap :devil:

Oh dear Nole - didn't you like that racquet? :rolleyes:

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:13 PM
30-30 2nd serve Monfils and returned long. At least the racket didn't break so no warning :rolleyes:

08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Does anyone hear mind if I say something really rude in Serbian? :o

Rose - This :angel: :lol:

Nole, c'mon, take the AD. Ajde!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I wish I was Nole's coach :spit: I would tell him to come in more and stop trading these ridiculous long and tiring rallies against a man who stands 6 feet behind the bloody baseline. Move forward man :fiery:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Nole wingeing at Umpire - he is not a happy bunny :sad:

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
He still can't pull himself together. :banghead:

*Raine
08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Novak :sad:

Keep us updated guys. Thanks :)

I'm SO nervous right now. And not seeing it doesn't help :mad:

08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
:rolls: Nole standing infront of the chair with hands on his hips :spit:

Ajde Nole, hold serve!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Too much pressure on him :sad: Janko's out, Ana's out, he and Nenad are out of doubles.......... he is doing it for his country andnot just himself, and he isn't coping very well I don't think. He looks hot and stressed and unhappy :sad:

neenah
08-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Nole :sobbing:

What's the score?

*Ljubica*
Novak :sad:

Keep us updated guys. Thanks :)

I'm SO nervous right now. And not seeing it doesn't help :mad:

Raine :hug: I'm sorry - I feel your pain after the last few days with the live scoreboard. How are you feeling now anyway?

And you truly don't want to be watching this cr*p. He is just bad today :sad:

At 40-15, why did he restore to playing defence? :headsmash:

Deuce, now. C'mon!

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh no...

Mind you he doesn't have much chance against Rafa on this form. He's an angry little muffin today....

SwedSerbia
Hey guys! Sorry, but do someone have a live streaming for this match?

Ajmo Nole!

*Ljubica*
Nole :sobbing:

What's the score?

Deuce on Nole's serve at 1-1 in second set.

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:22 PM
*phew* I was afraid he'd lose his serve at the 3rd game like in first set.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:22 PM

Ajmo Nole!

Here you go http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-olympics.php?w=TE1

08-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Nole muttering/mumbling at Miljan and the rest as soon as the changeover takes place. C'mon kiddo, don't loose your head, play smart! :armed:

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 03:24 PM

Ajmo Nole!

Double-click to make it FS

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Nole muttering/mumbling at Miljan and the rest as soon as the changeover takes place. C'mon kiddo, don't loose your head, play smart! :armed:

Tell him to leave Miljan alone :spit: :devil:

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Novak doesn't look like he's having much fun out there. :sad:

He needs to take some pace off his groundstrokes, Monfils loves a moving target and hates to create his own pace. If you moonball him Monfils will dump everything into the net.

Cmon, Novak. :rocker2:

My thought exactly. Instead he tries tooo hard to outhit Gael

08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Gael saves a BP with an ace. C'mon Nole, seize your chances!

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Chest thump!!!!!

Lee
YES!!!!

I think he hears what Tangy said and :lol: at the Noles from Serb fans

BREAK! Crowd chanting "Nole, Nole, Nole!"

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
AJDE

Btw - my stupid man just came home from work and said - "See you and your daft Djokovic friends are still sitting around your computers again :rolleyes: Allez Gael" :awww:

I think I hate him now:sobbing:

neenah
08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Ajdeeeeeeee :rocker2:

I have to go now, hoping for the best!! :wavey:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
He breaks! :bounce: And the Novak roar and chest thumping makes it's appearance. :D

:wavey: He better not lose his own serve now :spit:

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Have just noticed - Rosie - that is you isn't it?

Is it Serbian? It can't be anything to do with Ivan surely?

08-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Btw - my stupid man just came home from work and said - "See you and your daft Djokovic friends are still sitting around your computers again :rolleyes: Allez Gael" :awww:

:armed:

Tell him to support his countryman and give him a hug on the changeover :lol: :hug:

Ajde Nole, saved the BP! Two more points to consolidate. C'mon!

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Good save! He's more pump now.

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Tangy, you don't have to work today?

Lossi
08-14-2008, 03:33 PM
AJDE

The correct reply to that is: Nosi se.

SwedSerbia
08-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys!

But unfortunately it doesn´t work? :sad:

08-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Nole changing up the pace. Gael dumps it into the net. Ajde!

08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Another break! Ajde man, show 'em what you're made of!

Lee
double break :bigclap:

*Ljubica*
No dinner for him tonight then. :devil:

Come on Novak, don't give the break right back. :fiery:

Absolutely nothing for him tonight - unless I get a apology :angel:

Come on Nole - break again!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:38 PM
The correct reply to that is: Nosi se.

Hvala :hug: Mila - thought you were in Belgrade?

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:39 PM
slide backhand, add more top spin to his forehand and keep the ball in play. That's how you play Monfils!

AND NO BREAKDOWN SERVING FOR THE SET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks guys!

But unfortunately it doesn´t work? :sad:

You do need to reload it several times...mine didn't load first time.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Have just noticed - Rosie - that is you isn't it?

Is it Serbian? It can't be anything to do with Ivan surely?

Yes it's what Alex calls me when he's beng nice and sweet to me to me :) Unlike now :spit: And it has absolutely nothing to do with Ivan Ljubicic, though many people have asked me since I changed it :o

08-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Set.

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeeeaaahhhh - 6-1

Who is the guy with the bald head and the glasses in the Serbian shirt - have seen him in photos with Nole loads of times?

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:43 PM
:inlove: A shirt change :drool:

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I am at work now, I'm watching the livestream on my computer. :)

Wonder if most Americans are doing this at work these days. Watching various livestream on internet instead of work. :lol:

Finally, he's listened to us. :bounce:

:bounce:

kalisita
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Okay. Now, keep it up Nole! :) I can finally watch uninterrupted. Please take this set fast.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I sure would be if I was at work this week.

And - OMG -Li Na just beat Venus! Both Williams sisters out in one afternoon :eek: I have that match on my TV and Nole on my computer :tape:

08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
:inlove: A shirt change :drool:

:mad: I only caught Monfils

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Two of my coworkers are sports fans too and are always watching various livestreams on their work computers. :lol: We are lucky that our company does not block these sites, our bosses know that we can watch matches and work at the same time. :angel:

We are soooo good at multitasking :lol:

08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Did anyone hear the massive roar from Center travel over? :spit:

Today is a day for upsets. Nole, break the trend! :cool:

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I sure would be if I was at work this week.

And - OMG -Li Na just beat Venus! Both Williams sisters out in one afternoon :eek: I have that match on my TV and Nole on my computer :tape:

YES!!!!

I like Li Na!!! And the Chinese will go crazy!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:48 PM
:mad: I only caught Monfils

Bad luck :sad:

Now come on Nole - focus - hold your damn serve and don't undo all the good work in the second set.

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Grr! Patience Nole and slowly move forward!

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:53 PM
40-15 to bp :tape:

08-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Saved BP with a big serve. C'mon.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't like this game :help:

And even Alex has redeemed himself now by sitting with me cheering for Nole :)

*Raine
08-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the updates guys, I have yet to read them. I stopped looking at the live SB after the 1st set. Too nervous :o because I can't see the game at all.

:banana: 6-1

I hope he can remain his focus and faith in himself in the 3rd. Come on Novak :D:worship:

08-14-2008, 03:55 PM
What was he saying right before serving? Talking to someone in the crowd?

Deuce.

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Nole is still irritated by fans making noise at points. He needs to block that out.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 03:56 PM
What was he saying right before serving? Talking to someone in the crowd?

Deuce.

I think he was telling some people in the crowd to be quiet :shrug: But I'm not entirely sure.

Sh*t - this is such a long, hard, arduous, exhausting match - for both players :awww:

kalisita
08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
40-15 to bp :tape:

I know. It's like the second set was too fast and Monfils is now refreshed. Now, I'm nervous again. Please hold!

Lee
*phew* Ace to win the game

Herdwick
*Exhales deeply*

He does like to make life hard for both him and us.

Now Monfils ought to crumble soon...I like him but enough is enough

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Keep your patience, Nole! Monfils bh and fh will eventually break down

triple bps now! Just keep moonball him.

Lee
08-14-2008, 03:59 PM
YES!!!!!!

Excellent move and more Nole from the cheering squad!

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 04:00 PM
I am sitting here clapping good points, as though I'm at a live match :help: Do you think I need help? :awww:

Lee
His cheering squad is getting bigger and bigger at each match.

Tess Gray
He looks agitated or something :confused:
Did anybody catch what he said to the crowd/his bench?

(btw, I don't like the crowd, it's too loud)

Lossi
Hvala :hug: Mila - thought you were in Belgrade?

Going on Monday :lol: My entire household is travelling places, baby and stepmum to Jersey, Dad to South Africa and me to Serbia :D

Yes it's what Alex calls me when he's beng nice and sweet to me to me :) Unlike now :spit: And it has absolutely nothing to do with Ivan Ljubicic, though many people have asked me since I changed it :o

It was a shock for me because the only Ljubica I know is a family member I'm not overly fond of :rolls:

kalisita
*Exhales deeply*

He does like to make life hard for both him and us.

Now Monfils ought to crumble soon...I like him but enough is enough

I hope you're right. (Though, it does feel a little bad to wish someone to start sucking)

Broke at love! Now, start holding easy.

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I am sitting here clapping good points, as though I'm at a live match :help: Do you think I need help? :awww:

No dear - of course not. We all do it...most natural thing in the world. I have missed him so.

Lee
08-14-2008, 04:02 PM

Rose, I almost want to jump up at that point. But my laptop is on my lap and hubby is still sleeping. So I can't even yell.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Going on Monday :lol: My entire household is travelling places, baby and stepmum to Jersey, Dad to South Africa and me to Serbia :D

It was a shock for me because the only Ljubica I know is a family member I'm not overly fond of :rolls:

:awww: Sorry - I only did it on Tuesday -so loads of people haven't even noticed yet.

So is that back to Serbia for good - or just for a holiday?

And back on topic- come on Nole- hold your serve :devil:

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Rose, I almost want to jump up at that point. But my laptop is on my lap and hubby is still sleeping. So I can't even yell.

:lol: Glad I'm not alone:) What time is it where you are now?

Herdwick
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
That's right - hit the OH right back to him :retard:

Lee
08-14-2008, 04:07 PM
:lol: Glad I'm not alone:) What time is it where you are now?

9am

:banghead: another shank fh

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 04:07 PM
:fiery: Hold your f***ing serve Novak :banghead:

kalisita
08-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Broken right back. :sad:

:rolls:

Nole, if you're gonna play net, finish off the points, don't just get them back in the middle of the court :rolleyes:

And those rallies :mad:

Lee
lose his serve. :awww:

I am worried. He looks very tired out there.

Lossi
:awww: Sorry - I only did it on Tuesday -so loads of people haven't even noticed yet.

So is that back to Serbia for good - or just for a holiday?

And back on topic- come on Nole- hold your serve :devil:

:hug: It's fine ;) Yeah, just holiday, for good will not happen unless I get a job with an English company over there after uni :lol:

:rocker2: Ajde Nole!

Herdwick
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Lee
08-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Both players are taking their sweet time between points and games :tape:

kalisita
Monfils looks like he's energized again. Nole looking a little tired. And disheartened.

*Ljubica*
F*** F*** F*** Broken right back :banghead: Nole :awww:

Mila - enjoy your holiday and safe journey :hug:

kalisita
08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
And now he's just thrown the racket. Keep it together, Nole.

*Ljubica*
08-14-2008, 04:11 PM
He's exhausted :awww: