BRONZE MEDALIST in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics! [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

BRONZE MEDALIST in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Running:Free
08-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Another chance to serve out the set. Redeem yourself, Nole! :tape: :p

Nole needs to gather himself now, Robby was pretty aggressive in the last game. Ajde!

savesthedizzle
08-11-2008, 12:58 PM
omg I wake up and he's still playing? I didn't expect this.

Ajde Nole!!

Tess Gray
08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
YEAH :D:D

What a yell that was at matchpoint huh?:p

I'm glad he could finish it in two sets. Keeps him fresh for his next match:)

*Ljubica*
08-11-2008, 01:01 PM
:woohoo: 6-4, 6-4 :woohoo: Made it a bit scary at the end - but still a solid win in two sets. In these conditions it's just great to get a win in straight sets.

Nole :bigclap:

Glad that's over. He got pretty frustrated at the end. Sigh of relief.

pookykiki
:woohoo:. Well Done Nole! :woohoo:.
I didn't see the match. Did he play well?

Tess Gray
08-11-2008, 01:04 PM

He played okay:). His serve was pretty good though!

*Ljubica*
08-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Well - in my view, - he started off pretty edgy and nervous, then played extremly well for a run of about 6 games at the end of the 1st set and up to 4-0 in the second......... but then got really tight at the end. He was 5-1 up, served for the match at 5-2, and got a very frustrated - but he got the win in the end:) That was my analysis anyway. Don't know what the others think. To be fair, Robbie also picked up his game tremendously towards the end - he had nothing to lose and was hitting winners everywhere :)

jamjar
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Phew, I was starting to get nervous at the end there :unsure: But good job Nole :yeah: :D

savesthedizzle
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
:rocker2: I'm glad he got past that :D Who's next :D

kalisita
08-11-2008, 01:08 PM

Good job, Nole! :)

I thought he played very well, especially for a first round match. There were a few blips here and there, but much better than when he started in Toronto and Cincy.

Looks like Schuettler next. I would have preffered him over Nishikori anyway. Though, it seems like the match wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. :shrug: I hope they keep Nole in the evening session and don't make him play in the morning session, though I guess that would be a disadvantage in the medal matches.

*Ljubica*
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
:rocker2: I'm glad he got past that :D Who's next :D

Winner of Schuettler/Nishikori I believe :)

08-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Prefering Schuettler over Kei here, who's game.

Evening or Morning session? :unsure:

savesthedizzle
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
I need Kei to win to win my game here on MTF :bigcry: :lol: So I'm selfishly on the other side here :p

MagicMilan
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Phew :D
Could have done it without choking but a win's a win. The final game made me forget about his "motivation problems". He's hungry for a medal for sure :rocker2:

Jelena_78
08-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Yay Nole!! :banana:
So Miljan is his name? :aplot: :lol: :hearts:

*Ljubica*
08-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Yay Nole!! :banana:
2nd round vs Schuettler

So Miljan is his name? :aplot: :lol: :hearts:

Indeed :inlove: You can thank Misha for telling me that one :) I intend to say a very sweet "Hi Miljan" :hearts: to him when I go to Madrid later this year :angel:

kalisita
08-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I need Kei to win to win my game here on MTF :bigcry: :lol: So I'm selfishly on the other side here :p

Schuettler got broken serving for the match and just lost the TB. You may be okay yet!

I'd rather Schuettler for Nole, though. Nole played well today, great in parts, but also bad in parts. It was a little shaky. I hope it was just first match jitters and not continuation of post FO problems. His first serve was good today, but I kinda feel if someone puts a lot of pressure on it, it may just disappear. :sad: Hope I'm wrong though.

Jelena_78
08-11-2008, 01:59 PM

You're still in the game :rocker2: :lol:

I had wrong info that Schuettler won in straight sets...now I see it's 1:1

Pepi.
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
well done nole :rocker2:

arm
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
:woohoo: I have no idea how he played, but the fact that he won is enough forme to be happy. :D

To the Gold! :rocker2:

kalisita
08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
It will be Schuettler tomorrow, though no schedule as of yet.

*Ljubica*
08-11-2008, 02:45 PM
It will be Schuettler tomorrow, though no schedule as of yet.

Sorry to Jess, but I'm with you Kalista - I'd rather Schuettler than Kei. Schuettler is older and may be tired after such a long match today - especially with his game, that uses a lot of energy.

Ajde Nole :)

Lee
08-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Schuettler also needs to play doubles, like Nole. I like both but Nole has a better chance winning any medal so Ajde Nole!!! :rocker2:

For Nole fans in US, his match will be on MSNBC and Universal HD at 4pm et/1pm pt. And Federer vs Dima is 1 1/2 hours earlier.

Alex999
08-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Nole :worship:. Great win. I'm always worried about his first round matches. I didn't see the match but everyone is saying that Nole looked focused and hungry to win. :bounce::bigclap::smooch::hug::dance::yeah:

*Ljubica*
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Nole :worship:. Great win. I'm always worried about his first round matches. I didn't see the match but everyone is saying that Nole looked focused and hungry to win. :bounce::bigclap::smooch::hug::dance::yeah:

I'm always worried too:) But he certainly did look hungry to win :) He wants to be up there on Sunday with that gold medal - and I want to see him there :)

Lee
08-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh good, so that would be 7:00pm EST right? Hopefully I can get home from work in time to catch Nole's match. http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc170/clanbuchanan/myspace%20graphics/cheer.gif

No, it's 4pm est

kalisita
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Well, still no official schedule, but NBC.com has his match at 5 pm tomorrow. You'd think that between the official Olympic site and the ITF site things would be smooth and efficient. But, it's like they're trying to compete with each other to decide who has the worst website for tennis fans. I really hate that there is no real scoreboard for the Olympics. :mad: Even if I watch live, I still like to have a scoreboard, especially when there are so many matches being played at the same time.

*Ljubica*
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
This is all I have. Nole's singles is the third match on Court 1 not before 17.00 (11.00am CET), and his double's match is the last match on Court 2.

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/TE/C58/TE0000Y12.shtml#TEW001505

Lee
08-11-2008, 05:24 PM
*sigh* Another 2am start for me :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
08-11-2008, 05:33 PM
*sigh* Another 2am start for me :rolleyes:

:awww::hug: Have to say it's ideal for us here -not too early at all - and obviously better for Nole than playing in the heat of the afternoon.

Anyway - I've been on this PC way too much today :o I must go for a while and do something useful like cook dinner :) Later :wavey:

*Raine
08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Yay Nole. :banana:

Even if I can only watch hopelessly at the livescore, I was nervous, especially during the 2nd set.

I really hope he'll be the one receiving the gold medal. :D

neenah
08-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm so out of it, I just realized now that Nole even played! :rolls:

Glad he won :yeah:

amdany
08-11-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm so out of it, I just realized now that Nole even played! :rolls:

Glad he won :yeah:

I didn't know either he was playing today:o,shame on me...but I've an excuse Iwas at work with no internet, and tomorrow it'll be the same. So, guys, cheer him for me:angel:

neenah
08-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I had no excuse except for the fact that I was probably asleep when it happened. :o :lol:

I'm planning on staying up late tonight to watch the Olympics because I don't have to wake up early tomorrow like I did today - hopefully I'll get to see some tennis! I need to find a schedule...

Lee
08-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I waited for Nole's match on MSNBC and they started at 6-4 4-0 :banghead:

smileitsmyan
08-11-2008, 10:03 PM
I couldn't get up at 5 am to see his match vs Ginepri. does anybody have highlights of it that they can share with me? por favor???

Lee
08-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I believe NBC will put Nole vs Ginepri match on line. The morning sessions on center, court 1 and 2 are online already so as the evening session for court 1

Lee
08-11-2008, 10:37 PM
:spit: This makes me feel better now I know I'm not missing anything. :lol:

Are you home yet?

neenah
08-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Okay - so you have to open that video window at the NBC website and you chose a video and scroll through the five hours there until you get to the match you want to see? There are multiple matches in one link? The Olympics are so huge, I'm overwhelmed. :sobbing:

neenah
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
There -are- multiple matches in one link. I think I've figured it out! :D I'm now watched Federer play doubles. This is a fantastic service, and for free! :yeah:

Lee
08-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Don't have to.

Tennis --> tennis results and schedules, there's the "rewind" next to every match and the link will bring you right to the start of the match.

Edit: Nina figured it out before my post :D

tangerine_dream
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Are you home yet?
No I'm still at work. I won't get home until around 8 or 9. :help:

*edit*

Looks like Novak's a little starstruck in the village. :)

Djokovic goes snap happy in athlete's village
Aug 11, 2008

BEIJING (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic has been playing the part of the paparazzi in the Olympic Village, grabbing snaps of other athletes.

While Roger Federer was forced out of the athletes village last week after being constantly hounded by fellow Olympians wanting their picture taken with the world number one, the Serbian tennis player has settled comfortably into village life.

"It's true, I see people like Kipketer, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Yao Ming, all the top athletes in the world," he said, following his 6-4 6-4 first round win over American Robby Ginepri on Monday.

"So, yes, I do ask them for pictures because for me this is the memory which is going to stay in my life forever."

The world number three, Djokovic is no stranger to being in the front of the lens and has watched his popularity soar along with his ranking.

The 21-year-old has already claimed three titles this season, including his first Grand Slam in Australia, and is now targeting an Olympic gold.

"Of course, I do get approached from the other athletes to get asked for the picture," said Djokovic. "You know, tennis is played 10 months out of 12 in the year at least. So they see a lot of us on the TV, obviously."

"I'm being surrounded with the best athletes around the world. It's a privilege," he said.

"That means you succeeded in your career, in your life, being in the Olympics, being part of the great show."

Lee
08-11-2008, 10:59 PM
No I'm still at work. I won't get home until around 8 or 9. :help:

The match will probably available online then.

neenah
08-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks for sharing that article, tangerine_dream. Nole taking pictures with famous people reminds me of the Youtube video where he met Antonio Banderas :rolls: "Yeah! Desperado!"

savesthedizzle
08-12-2008, 12:33 AM
It's nice to see how much Novak's opinion differs from that of some other players :D

Glad he's enjoying himself in the village :D He needed this :D I hope he has all the fun in the world, honestly, even if it means he's not well prepared. I'd rather him see this as a time to just go out and have fun than freak out over medals :shrug:

njnetswill
08-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Novak making the best of his experience is great. :D

Not bitching like so many other tennis players.

*Raine
08-12-2008, 04:25 AM
Love the article. I'm glad he's having the time of his life in Beijing :).

I wish I could be there with him :angel:

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:26 AM
That's the right attitude, Nole! :yeah:

smileitsmyan
08-12-2008, 06:11 AM
oo maybe he'll post the pics he takes with other athletes on his photo section of his website? I remember he used to post private pictures up so maybe he'll post these pics with famous athletes :)

anyway I finally watched the match! god I never noticed how much better tennis was without the anti-Nole commentary!

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Nole :inlove: He's just like an excited little kid - so sweet :hearts: I like the way he even took his camera to the Opening Ceremony to take photos while they walked round. Like Jess said - I hope he has all the fun in the world - he deserves it:)

*Raine
08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Another match of just looking at the livescore for me. Great :rolleyes:

Ajde Nole :banana:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Another match of just looking at the livescore for me. Great :rolleyes:

Ajde Nole :banana:

:sad: Might be for me this morning too - BBC isn't showing tennis til later and I can't get a livestream that works for me at all at the minute :sad:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 10:17 AM
:sad: Might be for me this morning too - BBC isn't showing tennis til later and I can't get a livestream that works for me at all at the minute :sad:

If you can find one, which I'm hoping you would, could you post what's happening in the game. Even a "come on Nole" post. :)

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
If you can find one, which I'm hoping you would, could you post what's happening in the game. Even a "come on Nole" post. :)

Europe has nothing this morning :sad: The ones we watched yesterday don't work at all :sad: I just checked GM and everyone is moaning about it :sobbing: And I haven't even got a livescore link that works :banghead: Which one are you using?

*Raine
08-12-2008, 10:26 AM
This one: http://www.livescore.com/tennis.dll :angel: . This way I can also keep up with the other matches.

2-0 in the 1st set for Novak :banana:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 10:31 AM
This one: http://www.livescore.com/tennis.dll :angel: . This way I can also keep up with the other matches.

2-0 in the 1st set for Novak :banana:

Thanks :hug: That wasn't working earlier for me - but it is now :) I am so f***ing angry though - no livestreams anywhere - and yesterday we had 3 :fiery: And I just want to :bigcry:

You can follow point-by-point here http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?ibpid=9610 Nole lost his serve :rolleyes: Now leads 3-2.

*Raine
08-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks :hug: That wasn't working earlier for me - but it is now :) I am so f***ing angry though - no livestreams anywhere - and yesterday we had 3 :fiery: And I just want to :bigcry:

:hug: You're welcome.

It's hard not seeing the match and just looking at the score :o.

Our local channel shows boxing because we have one athlete there. We have yet to win our first olympic gold ever. The livestreams are not working for me since day 1. :mad:

Thanks for the link.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 10:42 AM
:hug: You're welcome.

It's hard not seeing the match and just looking at the score :o.

Our local channel shows boxing because we have one athlete there. We have yet to win our first olympic gold ever. The livestreams are not working for me since day 1. :mad:

Thanks for the link.

Well yesterday the BBC showed all tennis because of Andy Murray. But now TV shows canoeing, rowing and archery :spit: And - yes- I'm spoilt - not used to not having livestream or TV and it's driving me mad :mad:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Well yesterday the BBC showed all tennis because of Andy Murray. But now TV shows canoeing, rowing and archery :spit: And - yes- I'm spoilt - not used to not having livestream or TV and it's driving me mad :mad:

Me too :o

I'm used to watching tennis at Star Sports here. And it's more of a torture in watching only the scores rather than the game.

6-4 1st set :banana:

kalisita
08-12-2008, 11:00 AM
First set 6-4 Nole! :) Good. He was starting to get frustrated in the middle of that set. He's playing well, but Schuettler is coming up with good shots when needed (until that last game :devil:). I'm glad the first set is over because Nole looks very hot and seems to be having trouble breathing. He's doing his stretches on changeovers.

Let's hope the second set is easier (though I don't think Schuettler will just go away.)

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 11:03 AM
First set 6-4 Nole! :) Good. He was starting to get frustrated in the middle of that set. He's playing well, but Schuettler is coming up with good shots when needed (until that last game :devil:). I'm glad the first set is over because Nole looks very hot and seems to be having trouble breathing. He's doing his stretches on changeovers.

Let's hope the second set is easier (though I don't think Schuettler will just go away.)

Thanks for the report Kalista. Everyone outside of The States is really suffering with these Olympics - nothing works for us at all,- so unless BBC shows tennnis, we're f***** :sad:

08-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Ajde Nole!

No livestream outside the US = :silly:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 11:09 AM

Thank you so much for this :).

Schuettler please be kind to Novak and let him go away with it. I promise I'll treat you some ice cream if you do. :)

It's a torture not being able to watch the game. Argh!

08-12-2008, 11:14 AM
It's a torture not being able to watch the game. Argh!

Especially when you wake up early.

Nole with a break.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes - total torture :sad: And now knowing Nole is suffering is making it worse. Schuettler is one of those that chases after everything too - he will make the match long and difficult :sad: And I do like him normally, but this time - please just lose quickly Rainer (sorry Lee :awww: )

Ah - now - at last - BBC show tennis - but only Centre Court - so we have Jelena Jankovic. She looks absolutely exhausted - I'm sure there should be a law against playing in these conditions :sad:

kalisita
08-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Nole broke to go up 3-1. He created an awesome shot to get to BP, found a great angle. He looks a little calmer this set. Still hot and breathing hard, but not as frustrated. :)

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Ajde Nole!

No livestream outside the US = :silly:

Hi Timmy :wavey: And - no - afraid not :sobbing:

Nole a set and 4-1 up now though :)

08-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Rose - :wavey: Nole with a break is the only thing looking up right now :lol:

kaslista - Thanks for calling the match :worship: Appreciated by those of us who can't watch.

pookykiki
08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
:woohoo: well done Nole! Have some rest because It's going to be exhausting these days :woohoo:
I'm waiting the end of JJ's match, maybe they will show a minute of Nole!!

*Raine
08-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Especially when you wake up early.

Nole with a break.

Now that really sucks. This time the matches are on our favor because of the time zone thing :D. The problem is I can't watch any of it.

Yes - total torture :sad: And now knowing Nole is suffering is making it worse. Schuettler is one of those that chases after everything too - he will make the match long and difficult :sad: And I do like him normally, but this time - please just lose quickly Rainer (sorry Lee :awww: )

Ah - now - at last - BBC show tennis - but only Centre Court - so we have Jelena Jankovic. She looks absolutely exhausted - I'm sure there should be a law against playing in these conditions :sad:

I like Schuettler too, but I set it aside when he's against Novak :o

08-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Nole's done, 6-4, 6-2. Ajde! :bigclap:

Maybe I should go back to sleep, even though I really want to see Nenad/Nole :sad:

kalisita
08-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Over! :yeah: Nole returned really well today. He also got 72% first serves in, which is also good. The second set was much easier, he played very calmly (for the most part). All smiles when he won. :)

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Over! :yeah: Nole returned really well today. He also got 72% first serves in, which is also good. The second set was much easier, he played very calmly (for the most part). All smiles when he won. :)

Kalista :hug: I can't thank you enough for the commentary and updates. Thanks so much :hug: Of course BBC have decided to show tennis on TV now :rolleyes: So as I also got up early (to try to follow poor Janko :sad: ) I will maybe go fall asleep on the couch for an hour or so. And - please don't shoot me people, but I have to say it:-

"Come on Lleyton" :woohoo:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Nole's done, 6-4, 6-2. Ajde! :bigclap:

Maybe I should go back to sleep, even though I really want to see Nenad/Nole :sad:

Go back to sleep for a while and then wake up in time for the match.

That's good to hear about the second set :D. Aww I want to see his smile again. Thanks again btw.

The Cat Lady: (I don't know your name yet) I'm rooting for Lleyton too.

Good job Novak :banana:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Me too:) Smile for us please Nole :awww:

08-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Nole is playing the winner of Misha/ToJo next. Really like Misha, and want him to do well, but :banghead: Hopefully it's ToJo.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Nole is playing the winner of Misha/ToJo next. Really like Misha, and want him to do well, but :banghead: Hopefully it's ToJo.

Me too :)

08-12-2008, 11:46 AM
*Raine - I think I will :)

Nole picture from Getty, love his legs here for some reason :inlove:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ih1kc3.jpg

Pepi.
08-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Excellent job nole :)

Go for gold :banana:

MagicMilan
08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
:banana:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks Running:Free for the pic. He's so gorgeous as usual.

The Cat Lady: Novak listened to me.. he shaved. Crossing my fingers for Lleyton.

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 12:20 PM
"Come on Lleyton" :woohoo:

:lol:

I'm sure there should be a law against playing in these conditions :sad:

:awww: poor players.
They are sweating inormously all the time, breathing heavily...Nole always with his arms in the air in changeovers taking deep breath :awww: :sad:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 12:29 PM

The Cat Lady: Novak listened to me.. he shaved. Crossing my fingers for Lleyton.

Nole is a good boy :angel:

Jelena - I'm almost glad I didn't see it - poor boy suffering like that :sad:

Lleyton :spit: Getting thrashed as I feared :spit:

arm
08-12-2008, 12:30 PM
:haha: When I woke up I thought he hadn't played yet. :shrug:

But then I cae to this thread.

:woohoo: Nole! :DHow was him? Better?

arm
08-12-2008, 12:32 PM
*Raine - I think I will :)

Nole picture from Getty, love his legs here for some reason :inlove:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ih1kc3.jpg

I always lovehis legs. :lol: :inlove:

But I very wel remember his legs in those white trousers in the OC. :hearts:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 12:34 PM
:haha: When I woke up I thought he hadn't played yet. :shrug:

But then I cae to this thread.

:woohoo: Nole! :DHow was him? Better?

Hi Raquel :wavey: No livestreams available in Europe today :sad: So I can only guide you to some of Kalista's posts earlier, and also Jelena's. Seems he had a lot of problems in the 1st set - especially with breathing :sad: and got in a bit of a bad mood :help: But he improved in the second, and ended the match playing well :) I am just so mad that I couldn't see any of it, and now BBC have decided to show Nadal :spit: and then Federer :sad:

arm
08-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks Rose. :hug:

Noole :hug: You did well. :yeah:

No livestreams? :mad: If I had woken up to watch him and there were no livestreams, I would have been sooo :mad:. :rolleyes:

I am watching Nadal now - Spanish Channel, of course. That is the only way I'll get to watch some tennis these days. But the worst part is that I do not have Spanish channels in Coimbra - it' too far away from Spain :lol: - so I just will not be watching tennis at all. :awww::sad: Portuguese Channels :mad::fiery::smash: for transmiting Weightlifting but not tennis :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks Rose. :hug:

Noole :hug: You did well. :yeah:

No livestreams? :mad: If I had woken up to watch him and there were no livestreams, I would have been sooo :mad:. :rolleyes:

I am watching Nadal now - Spanish Channel, of course. That is the only way I'll get to watch some tennis these days. But the worst part is that I do not have Spanish channels in Coimbra - it' too far away from Spain :lol: - so I just will not be watching tennis at all. :awww::sad: Portuguese Channels :mad::fiery::smash: for transmiting Weightlifting but not tennis :rolleyes:

I would rather watch weightlifting than Nadal :spit: Not that there is really so much difference :rolleyes:

Lleyton :sobbing:

And I was mad with no livestreams - the cats had to cover their ears to avoid my language :tape:

arm
08-12-2008, 12:48 PM
I would rather watch weightlifting than Nadal :spit: Not that there is really so much difference :rolleyes:

Lleyton :sobbing:

And I was mad with no livestreams - the cats had to cover their ears to avoid my language :tape:

For Rose's cats :hug::hug:. :lol:

Weightlifing? Pff. How about Hockey? They also transmit that. :shrug: Even sailing! :spit: But tennis... NEVER. :awww:

«Ivan»
08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
:woohoo:

MagicMilan
08-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Nole wasn't having any breathing problems :confused:
He was playing pretty good, nice serving and some nice returns :D

arm
08-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey Ivan and MagicMilan. :wavey:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 12:52 PM
For Rose's cats :hug::hug:. :lol:

Weightlifing? Pff. How about Hockey? They also transmit that. :shrug: Even sailing! :spit: But tennis... NEVER. :awww:

We get loads of sailing here - and rowing too. They are the only sports that GBR usually get any medals in - though we have won a couple this year so far :lol: Oh - we have womens' football on the other interractive channel now too :rolleyes: How thrilling :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 12:54 PM

Only going from what some people who were watching livestreams said. I couldn't see the match at all :sad: In that case - very pleased to hear:)

kalisita
08-12-2008, 12:56 PM

I definitely thought that the heat was getting to him and he was breathing pretty heavy. He kept having to do his stretching to try to open his chest on changeovers. It wasn't as bad as it was in AO against Ferrer or even Fed, but it was worse than it was yesterday. IMO, he looked a little weary during the first set mainly due to conditions.

But, I did think he played well. :)

arm
08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
We get loads of sailing here - and rowing too. They are the only sports that GBR usually get any medals in - though we have won a couple this year so far :lol: Oh - we have womens' football on the other interractive channel now too :rolleyes: How thrilling :rolleyes:

Sailing :fiery: I guess they just don't transmit tennis because people from my country do NOT want to watch the sport. :bigcry: But I am someone, am I not? :awww::agel: So pleaaaaaaaaaaaase, tennis! :awww:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Sailing :fiery: I guess they just don't transmit tennis because people from my country do NOT want to watch the sport. :bigcry: But I am someone, am I not? :awww::agel: So pleaaaaaaaaaaaase, tennis! :awww:

Well normally they're keen on tennis here because of Andy Murray - but now he's out...... Mind you - Lleyton just broke back :woohoo:

arm
08-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I know. I am watching. :p :woohoo:Don't read this, but I would actually feel sorry for Nadal, if he happened to lose. But I like the idea of him losing a set. ;)

My country now has aplayer in the Top100. :woohoo: And that is atually quite great for us, :lol: just so you understand the level and importance of tennis here. :spit:

Fredeiro Gil :rocker2: Congrats for your #98!

kalisita
08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Youzhny won the first set against ToJo 7-5. I'd much rather have Johansson over Youzhny play Nole next. Youznhy's beaten Nole twice, though they haven't played in a while.

arm
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
He should be fine with whoever he has to play. :hug: Don't worry Kalisita. :D

MagicMilan
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Ivan and MagicMilan. :wavey:
Hey ;) :wavey:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I love Youzhny, but he is not playing at a high level this year - I am less worried about him than I usually am about Nole's matches. Hope that is not "the kiss of death" :unsure:

Milan :wavey:

MagicMilan
08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I definitely thought that the heat was getting to him and he was breathing pretty heavy. He kept having to do his stretching to try to open his chest on changeovers. It wasn't as bad as it was in AO against Ferrer or even Fed, but it was worse than it was yesterday. IMO, he looked a little weary during the first set mainly due to conditions.

Frankly, I think he always breaths like that. He takes deep breaths after almost every point. Nothing unusual IMO :shrug:
On the other hand, I was watching both Novak and JJ simultaneously so I missed some of the action. I could be wrong :scared:

MagicMilan
08-12-2008, 01:35 PM
I love Youzhny, but he is not playing at a high level this year - I am less worried about him than I usually am about Nole's matches. Hope that is not "the kiss of death" :unsure:

:wavey:
It's nice to come here and also get away from GM from time to time, now that haters have no reason to attack our guy :D

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 01:39 PM
It's nice to come here and also get away from GM from time to time, now that haters have no reason to attack our guy :D

Indeed - we are a haven of peace and calm here :) I hardly ever go to GM to be honest. My "congrats Nole" post there today was something like only my second in 2 months! I just can't stand all the bashing and bitching and trolling - it really upsets me, - so I decided it was better to just stay away. Better for my nerves:)

kalisita
08-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Frankly, I think he always breaths like that. He takes deep breaths after almost every point. Nothing unusual IMO :shrug:
On the other hand, I was watching both Novak and JJ simultaneously so I missed some of the action. I could be wrong :scared:

I just thought he was more bothered by conditions today than he was yesterday. But, I could just be worrying too much. :shrug: I tend to worry and focus more on negatives than positives. Like, right now I'm worried about his doubles match being over late. The Williams sisters double match just went to a 3rd set and Blake still has to play before Nole and Nenad play.

Looks like Youzhny beat ToJo so he'll play Nole tomorrow.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
I just thought he was more bothered by conditions today than he was yesterday. But, I could just be worrying too much. :shrug: I tend to worry and focus more on negatives than positives. Like, right now I'm worried about his doubles match being over late. The Williams sisters double match just went to a 3rd set and Blake still has to play before Nole and Nenad play.

I'm a worrier too - I understand :hug:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Nole is a good boy :angel:

Jelena - I'm almost glad I didn't see it - poor boy suffering like that :sad:

Lleyton :spit: Getting thrashed as I feared :spit:

He found another soulmate in me, I'm afraid :angel:.

:sad: Lleyton.

Poor guy. I wish we were all there holding him oops I mean comforting him and everything.

Usually when I'm less worried, he loses. :o

Good luck to their doubles (gold for them, silver for Llodra and Clement :angel:)

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
He found another soulmate in me, I'm afraid :angel:.

:sad: Lleyton.

Poor guy. I wish we were all there holding him oops I mean comforting him and everything.

Usually when I'm less worried, he loses. :o

Good luck to their doubles (gold for them, silver for Llodra and Clement :angel:)

We can hold him AND comfort him at the same time;) It would sure take his mind off worrying over his tennis :)

*Raine
08-12-2008, 03:09 PM
We can hold him AND comfort him at the same time;) It would sure take his mind off worrying over his tennis :)

Or you could leave it all to me to do it :angel: :p

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Or you could leave it all to me to do it :angel: :p

Huh - don't be so greedy my girl :nerner: We're into SHARING on this Forum -Raquel would never allow it for a start :lol:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Huh - don't be so greedy my girl :nerner: We're into SHARING on this Forum -Raquel would never allow it for a start :lol:

Okay. :angel:

We can have share those moments together and then we'll have our own private time. :p

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Okay. :angel:

We can have share those moments together and then we'll have our own private time. :p

I'm cool with that :) Now all we have to do is convince Raquel and Herdwick :) As I am older than most of you - I would liike my private time first though - age before beauty and all that :p

08-12-2008, 03:23 PM

I didn't even notice :lol: Too distracted by the legs :hearts: :hearts:

Call me Timmy :D

Nole plays Misha? I don't like it :awww: But Ajde Nole!

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Blake is not gonna finish before 5pm CET maybe even later, that's 11pm-midnight in Beijing :tape:

I hope Novak has a day off tomorrow :help:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Blake is not gonna finish before 5pm CET maybe even later, that's 11pm-midnight in Beijing :tape:

Yes - I was thinking the same :o I'm not sure they get days off do they :shrug: Especially because all that rain on the first day messed up the schedule :sad: I am worried about him - he needs his rest :awww:

kalisita
08-12-2008, 03:41 PM

I think they play every day until at least Friday. If I understand the format here correctly, the SFs are Fri, the Bronze match Sat, and then the Gold match Sun.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Perhaps they could move it to another court? :shrug: The Blake match seems to be so slow. Yesterday the Murrays doubles' match went on til nearly 1.00am there - the stadium was empty and there was no atmosphere. It is such a shame.

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Yes - I was thinking the same :o I'm not sure they get days off do they :shrug: Especially because all that rain on the first day messed up the schedule :sad: I am worried about him - he needs his rest :awww:

I think there might be 1 day...I don't know how to understand this schedule...looks like it's Friday http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/Schedule/index.shtml
but then I see six 3rd round matches will be played tomorrow http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/Schedule/TE.shtml
:scratch:

If he plays tomorrow,hopefully he gets an evening match.

kalisita
08-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Perhaps they could move it to another court? :shrug: The Blake match seems to be so slow. Yesterday the Murrays doubles' match went on til nearly 1.00am there - the stadium was empty and there was no atmosphere. It is such a shame.

That'd be nice, but I'd be surprised. They went very late yesterday and only stopped because of rain. I think the scheduling is weird here. They only play a couple of matches in the day session and cram matches into the night session. It's backwards!

*Raine
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm cool with that :) Now all we have to do is convince Raquel and Herdwick :) As I am older than most of you - I would liike my private time first though - age before beauty and all that :p

Don't wear him out too much. :p We have a long line.

I didn't even notice :lol: Too distracted by the legs :hearts: :hearts:

Call me Timmy :D

Nole plays Misha? I don't like it :awww: But Ajde Nole!
:wavey: Timmy.

It was the first thing I checked when I saw that pic. To see if he listened to me :o.

Clement and Llodra's doubles match was suspended at 1 am yesterday... because of the rain. :banana: Good thing they won when they resumed it today.

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 03:52 PM
I think they play every day until at least Friday. If I understand the format here correctly, the SFs are Fri, the Bronze match Sat, and then the Gold match Sun.

You're right...I looked better, SFs are on Fri, so I guess no day off unless he makes it to the finals :rocker2:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I think there might be 1 day...I don't know how to understand this schedule...looks like it's Friday http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/Schedule/index.shtml
but then I see six 3rd round matches will be played tomorrow http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/Schedule/TE.shtml
:scratch:

If he plays tomorrow,hopefully he gets an evening match.

Hmmm - I don't understand it either :o But thanks anyway. Never thought I'd say it, but I long for an ATP tournament with a proper live scoreboard and better information. I just wish Blake would hurry up now he's won the first set. I mean, for goodness sake - Hrbaty has been injured and hasn't played for so long - why is Blake taking so long to close the match out? :fiery:

kalisita
08-12-2008, 03:56 PM
You're right...I looked better, SFs are on Fri

Yeah, it's a little weird because there is one more match than usual because of the bronze metal.

Blake was up a break in the 2nd, but just got broken. :mad: He's now at triple BP so let's hope he breaks and manages to hold.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Don't wear him out too much. :p We have a long line.

:angel: Not sure I'd have the energy to wear out a boy of 21 :o So - you'll be OK - no worries :)

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, it's a little weird because there is one more match than usual because of the bronze metal.

Blake was up a break in the 2nd, but just got broken. :mad: He's now at triple BP so let's hope he breaks and manages to hold.

Vamos Blake :angel:

08-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Blake/Hrbaty at 3-3. A good 20 mins. or so until Nole gets on court.

:zzz:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Blake/Hrbaty at 3-3. A good 20 mins. or so until Nole gets on court.

:zzz:

And that's assuming Blake wins the 2nd set :tape: A 3rd set doesn't even bear thinking about :help:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 04:07 PM

But I want that match to have a third set :sad:. I'm rooting against Blake for the first and last time. :lol:
:angel: Not sure I'd have the energy to wear out a boy of 21 :o So - you'll be OK - no worries :)

Whew, I'm lucky that I am still young. I still have the energy needed :lol:

08-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Am I going blind or did Hrbaty just break :eek:

Rose, you're right. 20 mins. assuming Blake keeps it together :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
But I want that match to have a third set :sad:. I'm rooting against Blake for the first and last time. :lol:

Whew, I'm lucky that I am still young. I still have the energy needed :lol:

:lol: Remember the poor guy still has doubles' and singles' medals to win - so please allow him some sleep :p

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Am I going blind or did Hrbaty just break :eek:

Rose, you're right. 20 mins. assuming Blake keeps it together :rolleyes:

Am I allowed to swear on here? :angel: If not - please close your eyes whilst I say "F*** you Blake and Hrbaty" :devil:

Lossi
08-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Am I allowed to swear on here? :angel: If not - please close your eyes whilst I say "F*** you Blake and Hrbaty" :devil:

Watch the gymnastics until Novak plays, let the :hearts: distract you :p

Relying on Blake not to choke is never a good plan :o

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Watch the gymnastics until Novak plays, let the :hearts: distract you :p

Relying on Blake not to choke is never a good plan :o

Hi Mila :wavey: Is that gorgeous Romanian guy on TV? If so - I know what I'll be doing?

Ms. Tangerine :wavey: Good afternoon - or guess morning for you :) Our livestreams were working perfectly here yesterday - then - today- nothing :sobbing:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
:lol: Remember the poor guy still has doubles' and singles' medals to win - so please allow him some sleep :p

I know but still... :angel:

Go Hrbaty.. :banana: win the 2nd set.

08-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Third-set. Blake :ras:

Lee

I don't know they will be on court 2 :tape: And Blake lost 2nd set :sobbing:

Don't think there'll be a day off :mad:

Jelena_78
Well if they play till midnight, I guess the guys won't play the match today... I think they will just say NO WAY

Lossi
Hi Mila :wavey: Is that gorgeous Romanian guy on TV? If so - I know what I'll be doing?

Ms. Tangerine :wavey: Good afternoon - or guess morning for you :) Our livestreams were working perfectly here yesterday - then - today- nothing :sobbing:

You must mean Dragulescu :drool: and yes, they're showing him once in a while and :hearts:

Lee
08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Did someone mention Nole's legs :p

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/f4/fullj.317fb19e7e3d7d4fe38a925ed8288cc9/317fb19e7e3d7d4fe38a925ed8288cc9-getty-oly-2008-tennis-ger-srb.jpg

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:24 PM
You must mean Dragulescu :drool: and yes, they're showing him once in a while and :hearts:

How did you guess? :angel: And yes I see him now :) I did have the Olympics on earlier this aternoon, but the female weightlifters drove me to the off switch :help:

Jelena_78
:p

*Raine
Yay Hrbaty :banana:

Sorry Novak.. looks like it will take a long while.

08-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Interview transcript after yesterday's match:

N. DJOKOVIC/R. Ginepri
6-4, 6-4

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. I guess that's a nice way to start a tournament like the Olympics. Pretty comfortable result out there.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, I'm happy to get through, obviously, in the first round in straight sets. I was aware of the fact that Ginepri is a tricky player. He took Roger Federer to three sets in Cincinnati last week. We all know this is his favorite surface. He takes the ball very early. He's being aggressive.
What I tried is to change the pace and take control of the match. I served really well and I'm really happy with the performance.

Q. How ambitious are you about the gold medal?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, any medal I think in the Olympics for me will be a huge success, even though if I don't make it, you know, just being here is a success as well in general. I'm being surrounded with the best athletes around the world. Gives you a privilege. That means you succeeded in your career, in your life, being in the Olympics, of course, being part of the great show. But I think I have good quality to be one of the favorites, try to fight for the medal.
It's Olympics. You know, anything can happen. The court is pretty fast. As you could see, we didn't have much rallies. But I'm happy. I didn't expect to play that well. So hopefully I can win one of the medals for my country.

Q. Is the Olympics what you expected, the opening ceremony, and these first few days?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Usually when you expect the best, and when you expect something extraordinary, usually you get disappointed with something bad going on. But this was more than extraordinary. It's very difficult to describe it with the words, meaning opening ceremony, thinking about that, and about Olympics in general all together.
You dine every day with 10,000 people, you know, in the huge area. You exchange experiences. You talk about other sports, something else, just not tennis and things about tennis. So I think this is something that we experience one or maybe just couple of times in our lives. So trying to use this as much as I can.

Q. Some of the other players have been commenting on how other athletes have been approaching them for pictures and autographs. What has been the experience for you? Have you been "mobbed" by other athletes? Have you done it in reverse?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, both. I've tried. I mean, as I said, I've tried to enjoy the experience as much as I can. The opportunities that I have been given to be here and be surrounded with the top athletes is just unique. So it's true that I see, I mean, people like Kipketer, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Yao Ming, all the top athletes in the world. There are few of thousands that I see each day.
So, yes, I do ask them for pictures because for me this is the memory which is going to stay in my life forever. And, of course, I do get approached from the other athletes to get asked for the picture. You know, tennis is played 10 months out of 12 in the year at least. So they see a lot of us on the TV obviously.
But, yeah, it's a great experience.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Well if they play till midnight, I guess the guys won't play the match today... I think they will just say NO WAY

The ladies' doubles on Centre has finished now. Why don't they just move them there? :shrug: That's what would happen at any other tournament. It's already 11.30pm there now - poor Nole.

Thanks for posting the interview Timmy :)

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Please move them :bowdown:

Zirconek
08-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Damm/Vizner vs. Djokovic/Zimonjic postponed to tomorrow, no time announced

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/Schedule/TE_2008-08-13.shtml

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Please move them :bowdown:

Jelena - will you get to see the match on TV?

kalisita
08-12-2008, 04:35 PM
They moved them to Court 3. It's good because he'll finish before the middle of the night, but now no way to watch!

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Damm/Vizner vs. Djokovic/Zimonjic postponed to tomorrow, no time announced

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/Schedule/TE_2008-08-13.shtml

Thanks :hug: But does that mean he'll potentially have to play 3 matches tomorrow? (Two doubles' and one singles?) Jesus - that's bad :sad:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for posting the interview.

kalisita
08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't know what's going on. They were moved to Court 3 on today's schedule, but they're on tomorrow's schedule as well. :confused:

08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
From the same link that Billions Å posted (Thanks!), Nole is scheduled to play his singles at 16.00 tomorrow.

Are Nole/Nenad the only first-round doubles left? Their matches are piling up.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
OK - so now I am totally :confused: Are they postponed - or playing on Court 3 :scratch:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I think they're playing now - check this http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/RTDS/TE/TEM002516.shtml#TEM002516

Lee
08-12-2008, 04:44 PM
:banghead: 4pm start on court 2 for his match vs Misha

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 04:45 PM
OK - so now I am totally :confused: Are they postponed - or playing on Court 3 :scratch:

They're playing now, Milan just told me.

08-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I think they're playing now - check this http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/RTDS/TE/TEM002516.shtml#TEM002516

Seems like they are :eek::lol:

Extremely late start.

Lee - The legs :drool:

kalisita
08-12-2008, 04:47 PM

I think today. Even though the schedule on the 13th had them playing tomorrow, if you go under daily match info (order of play) it has the winner of their match playing 3rd on court 7 tomorrow. He plays first at 16:00 hrs on Court 2. No matches are being played before then. I wonder if the final will be played at night then?

Zirconek
08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
maybe they are planning playing just first set today and finish the match tomorrow :lol:

but that's possible :unsure:

Lee
08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Seems like they are :eek::lol:

Extremely late start.

Lee - The legs :drool:

:eek: I just noticed. Is his thigh wrapped or his bicycle shorts too long?

*Raine
08-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Hrbaty :sad:

Go Novak and Nenad :banana:

What are they wearing btw?

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
4:1 :rocker2:

It's Wednesday there

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I think today. Even though the schedule on the 13th had them playing tomorrow, if you go under daily match info (order of play) it has the winner of their match playing 3rd on court 7 tomorrow. He plays first at 16:00 hrs on Court 2. No matches are being played before then. I wonder if the final will be played at night then?

Court 2 :spit: BBC only shows Centre Court unless the Murays are playing :rolleyes:

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Don't know what they wear because the match is moved to court 3 which is not a show court :awww:

08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Lee - tangerine_dreams provided an explanation for that in the picture thread :p

4-1, looking good so far :cool:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Come on boys - we want a quick, easy, simple victory :) Ajde :bounce:

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Lee - tangerine_dreams provided an explanation for that in the picture thread :p

4-1, looking good so far :cool:

Saw it after my post, thanks!

The match seems to take forever :tape:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Saw it after my post, thanks!

The match seems to take forever :tape:

I think doubles often does, because there are more rallies at the net, and less quick, big-serving points :shrug:

08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Serving for the set, Ajde!

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Should be faster than baseline rallies in singles. Nenad's serves are really big and usually the points are pretty fast.

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Won first set 6-3.

Just one more set to go :rocker2:

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
:rocker2:

savesthedizzle
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I SEE PEOPLE TALKING OF DRAGULESCU :hearts:

NBC didn't show any of him but I will be watching him on the computer later :dance:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:26 PM

NBC didn't show any of him but I will be watching him on the computer later :dance:

Indeed :lol: And I have to tell you he looked hot - and his shorts were - erm - very short :inlove:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:34 PM
F*** - they've been broken. We truly do not need a long match and a final set :bigcry:

08-12-2008, 05:34 PM
What? Vizner/Damm leading 3-0? :fiery: Nole/Nenad, focus!

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 05:36 PM

Where? I want to see him too :p

F*** - they've been broken. We truly do not need a long match and a final set :bigcry:

:tape:

Is the third set normal or long TB?

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
no TB in 3rd set :tape: Yesterday Hewitt and Gucci went 18-16 in doubles.

08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Now they're leading 4-0. Crap.

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:38 PM
0-4 :help:

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 05:41 PM
no TB in 3rd set :tape: Yesterday Hewitt and Gucci went 18-16 in doubles.

:eek: :tape: :help:

I mean they should be in bed now :shrug: I can't expect them to run on court full of energy... :awww:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Better 4-0 and a quick 2nd set, than fight like hell to regain the break and still lose the set have to go to a final one - in my opinion anyway. They must try and keep their strength. And - yes Lee - I'm trying not to think of the Hewitt match right now :help:

I would actually prefer Nole wasn't in the doubles at all to be honest, and just concentrated on the singles......... but then that wouldn't be fair on Nenad or the chance of a medal for Serbia. I do think it's too much for him though :shrug: He's not used to playing doubles for a start - and with the heat and humidity and long days like this one.......:awww:

08-12-2008, 05:43 PM
That game was so long :shout: 0-5.

To think of it, Nenad got to play his first match after midnight, which is just awful. I want them to win here, just for Nenad's sake. Getting worried, ajde!

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok, it's gonna be a bagel...

Regroup for the third boys...Try. :awww:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:45 PM
That game was so long :shout: 0-5.

To think of it, Nenad got to play his first match after midnight, which is just awful. I want them to win here, just for Nenad's sake. Getting worried, ajde!

Yes - I want them to win for Nenad - even though I think Nole would be far better off without the doubles :sad:

savesthedizzle
08-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Indeed :lol: And I have to tell you he looked hot - and his shorts were - erm - very short :inlove:

:drool: :drool: I still have 8 more hours until I can see!

Where? I want to see him too :p

:tape:

Is the third set normal or long TB?

On the NBC website :D If I find it, I'll link. Anyone here can use my zip code and cable provider if they want to watch the stuff. 08844 (zip code) cable provider patriot media :lol:

I was at work for 11 minutes before I went on break because the other girl is sick and wants to leave, so I have to pretty much eat and take my break before I even start. :rolls:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 05:48 PM
4:1 :rocker2:

It's Wednesday there

Here too.. 12:46 am Wednesday :angel:

Don't know what they wear because the match is moved to court 3 which is not a show court :awww:

I see :).

I just saw the score for the 2nd set... 5-0. I wonder what happened to Novak and Nenad.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:52 PM
:drool: :drool: I still have 8 more hours until I can see!

On the NBC website :D If I find it, I'll link. Anyone here can use my zip code and cable provider if they want to watch the stuff. 08844 (zip code) cable provider patriot media :lol:

I was at work for 11 minutes before I went on break because the other girl is sick and wants to leave, so I have to pretty much eat and take my break before I even start. :rolls:

I tried it today again, but it says Patriot Media does not exist :bigcry: So I tried a random one, and they said it didn't cover your ZipCode area :o Thanks anyway :hug:

Now come on boys - 3rd set - ajde :woohoo:

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:53 PM
bagel :o

Lee
08-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I tried it today again, but it says Patriot Media does not exist :bigcry: So I tried a random one, and they said it didn't cover your ZipCode area :o Thanks anyway :hug:

Try 85001 for zip code Cox digital as provider.

edit: on second thought, use DirecTV as provider will be better.

savesthedizzle
08-12-2008, 05:54 PM

REALLY?!

That's what it was when I tried before. Let me see :D

08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Held service game. C'mon, break early, right now! :armed:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 05:57 PM
F*** - now we're getting a thunderstorm so I might have to turn the PC off. And I'm :unsure: of thunder :help:

Jess - I honestly looked - but maybe I'm just being stupid :o Don't answer that :lol:

kalisita
08-12-2008, 05:58 PM

Go DirectTv if you want random. It's in pretty much every area. That's what I had to do because my cable provider isn't part of the NBC online coverage.

kalisita
08-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Well, they finally held, but it looks like Damm and Vizner held really easy.

08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Another painfully long game. 2 all, ajde!

neenah
08-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Wait. Nole's playing now? :scratch:

Lee
08-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Bye Bye Olympics for Nenad. :awww: But Nole really needs to conserve his energy :sobbing:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Come on :banana:

I can barely keep my eyes open, it's already 1:12 am here same in Beijing.

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Go DirectTv if you want random. It's in pretty much every area. That's what I had to do because my cable provider isn't part of the NBC online coverage.

08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
:awww: :awww: Sigh.

*Raine
08-12-2008, 06:21 PM
:sad:

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Ah well :sad: I'm really sorry for Nenad :sad: I just hope Nole isn't too tired and dispirited, and can get enough rest for a good match tomorrow, and good rest of the Olympics.

Raine - goodnight :wavey:

I'm off to cook my man's dinner - later :wavey:

*Raine
08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Ah well :sad: I'm really sorry for Nenad :sad: I just hope Nole isn't too tired and dispirited, and can get enough rest for a good match tomorrow, and good rest of the Olympics.

Raine - goodnight :wavey:

I'm off to cook my man's dinner - later :wavey:

Novak and I will sleep now... or not depends actually.. :angel:.

:lol:

good night for me

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 06:48 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I think this would have never happened to those 2 guys...you know who I'm talking about right?!

I'm usually not like this, but I have to say F*** you organisers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night everyone :wavey:

Sorry for my misbehaving, I'm so :sad: and disappointed, sth has stuck in my throat and yes I'm :tears: now. Not disappointed with poor Nenad and Novak of course :hug: :hug: :awww:
I'm sure they gave their best.

arm
08-12-2008, 07:35 PM
:sad: At least he will get to save some energy. :D

*Ljubica*
08-12-2008, 08:18 PM

I think this would have never happened to those 2 guys...you know who I'm talking about right?!

I'm usually not like this, but I have to say F*** you organisers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my misbehaving, I'm so :sad: and disappointed, sth has stuck in my throat and yes I'm :tears: now. Not disappointed with poor Nenad and Novak of course :hug: :hug: :awww:

:hug: I totally agree with you Jelena. I call it disrespect :sad: And I know exactly who you are talking about it. I am sad for Nole and Nenad, for Serbia - and for you :sad: I hope Nole can come back from this and win a medal.

Please don't cry :hug: Go out and have a few drinks - have a lovely evening and don't be too sad :hug:

Talk to you tomorrow I hope :hug:

Lee
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jelena_78
08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
:hug: I totally agree with you Jelena. I call it disrespect :sad: And I know exactly who you are talking about it. I am sad for Nole and Nenad, for Serbia - and for you :sad: I hope Nole can come back from this and win a medal.

Please don't cry :hug: Go out and have a few drinks - have a lovely evening and don't be too sad :hug:

Talk to you tomorrow I hope :hug:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you :hug:
I feel better.
Tomorrow is a new day :)

Alex999
08-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Go Novak :bounce:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5909/annakournikovasu3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Warming up! Misha and Nole are wearing exactly same outfit :lol: Good that their body shapes are quite different :lol:

Nole has a cheering squad there. 5 men wearing T-shirt with Serbia flag.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Morning :wavey: I swear I'm going to :bigcry: Still no f***ing livestreams in Europe. I can see Nadal :spit: on one - but no Nole :banghead: :sobbing:

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Check the weather in Beijing. 84°F/29°C but with humidity at 70%, if feels like 91°F/33°C :tape:

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't like what I saw so far. Nole is not moving well. Definitely not as crisp and sharp as his match vs Schuettler.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I have a bad feeling about this match :sad: I always do when I can't see it and thee live scoreboard is such cr*p. And Nole must be tired :bigcry:

*Raine
08-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Warming up! Misha and Nole are wearing exactly same outfit :lol: Good that their body shapes are quite different :lol:

Nole has a cheering squad there. 5 men wearing T-shirt with Serbia flag.

:lol: at the exact outfit and cheering squad. N-O-L-E... Nole.. N-O-L-E :banana:
Morning :wavey: I swear I'm going to :bigcry: Still no f***ing livestreams in Europe. I can see Nadal :spit: on one - but no Nole :banghead: :sobbing:

Check the weather in Beijing. 84°F/29°C but with humidity at 70%, if feels like 91°F/33°C :tape:

It's always 33 degrees celcius or higher here in our country for 10 months every year. So I'm already used to it. :sad:

I don't like what I saw so far. Nole is not moving well. Definitely not as crisp and sharp as his match vs Schuettler.

Eeep!! Come on Nole...

As usual no livestreams here... keep us updated

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Raine :wavey: I'm actually almost in tears with the aggravation of this. F*** the Olympics! I want a good old ATP Masters Series with interractive coverage. Now I have Nadal on my BBC screen :spit: And some stupid women on the only livestream I can get:banghead:

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:35 AM
:) OK guys - they've changed my User Name :) But it is still me - honest :) I just fancied a change of name :) I'm still a Cat Lady at heart :)

*Raine
08-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi Raine :wavey: I'm actually almost in tears with the aggravation of this. F*** the Olympics! I want a good old ATP Masters Series with interractive coverage. Now I have Nadal on my BBC screen :spit: And some stupid women on the only livestream I can get:banghead:

:wavey: Hello

I'm tired of looking at the scores :mad:. I'm more worried when I can't see the game.

OT: But I just checked the humidity here in our place - 85% today and the temperature is 33 degrees celcius.

EDIT: Is that your real name btw?

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 09:41 AM
:wavey: Hello

I'm tired of looking at the scores :mad:. I'm more worried when I can't see the game.

OT: But I just checked the humidity here in our place - 85% today and the temperature is 33 degrees celcius.

EDIT: Is that your real name btw?

Yes - I'm sick of watching it too - and worried :help:

And - no - it's not my real name - my real name is Rose - very English :) "Ljubica" actually means "sweetheart" in Serbian, and it's what my boyfriend (who is Serbian) always calls me - so when I fancied a change of User Name, I decided on that one :)

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:46 AM
May be because I am tired and sleepy (It's 1:40am here) but I felt both players are pretty sluggish. :tape:

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Points are getting shorter. Both players don't really want to run around. Easy service game for Nole to make it 5-4 but the game before, Nole's returns were just awful.

*Raine
08-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Yes - I'm sick of watching it too - and worried :help:

And - no - it's not my real name - my real name is Rose - very English :) "Ljubica" actually means "sweetheart" in Serbian, and it's what my boyfriend (who is Serbian) always calls me - so when I fancied a change of User Name, I decided on that one :)

I love your real name :) and your user name right now.

What's happening in Nadal's game are you watching? :lol:
I'm rooting for Andreev :angel:.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I love your real name :) and your user name right now.

What's happening in Nadal's game are you watching? :lol:
I'm rooting for Andreev :angel:.

Nadal leads 5-3.

Lee
08-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Another love service game and Nole is up 6-5. More time is spent on wiping sweats and walking around by both players than actually playing. :lol:

A little scare for Nole that he seemed to pull his hamstring while chasing down a drop shot but looks OK now. And for Misha, it seems he's bothered by his shoulder or back before he serve.

*Raine
08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Nadal leads 5-3.

:sad:

I'm feeling more nervous for Novak as I watch the scoreboard. :o

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Lee- thanks for the reports.

Hi Kalista :wavey:

Yes - Raine - Nadal is winning :spit: I am not really watching so much - just have it on in the background. Glad you like my name(s) I don't like my own name so much - it is very common in the UK - I am but one of thousands :lol:

Tie-break :unsure: I hate this ITF scoreboard -it reminds me of Nole losing doubles last night. The point-by-point one I used for his singles yesteday isn't working today :spit:

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:02 AM
*sigh* No hawkeye on this court and Nole is mad at a line call in TB.

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Nole is still mad even he has his mini-break back. :lol: 3-3

*Raine
Lee- thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Nole come on... :mad:

kalisita
Hi Rose. I woke up late today, but now I wish I'd woken up even later! One of the first things I saw was Nole setting up a point beautifully only to dump the ball into the net when he should have had a winner. He doesn't look good today. :sad:

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:05 AM
5-3 Nole

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:06 AM
6-3 Nole 3 set points

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:07 AM
:tape: Misha double fault at set point. Nole went from 2-3 to 7-3.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Ajde :bounce:

I can only imagine how much Nole is suffering out there :awww:

Even Nadal looks exhausted, hot and seeming to find some trouble breathing - and poor Igor looks like he's about to collapse :sad:

Lee
Hi Rose. I woke up late today, but now I wish I'd woken up even later! One of the first things I saw was Nole setting up a point beautifully only to dump the ball into the net when he should have had a winner. He doesn't look good today. :sad:

I stayed only because I like both Nole and Misha. It's a really ugly match so far and I struggle to keep my eyes open. I actually fell asleep at 3-2 first set and woke up at 4-3 :lol:

*Raine
:banana: Thanks Lee.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Nole just won the TB! :woohoo: Hope he calms down and gets the heck out of there fast. I'm glad Nole won the first set, but I hate that Youzhny DF to give it away. I hate when players do that on the big points. I feel so bad for them.

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 10:11 AM
I stayed only because I like both Nole and Misha. It's a really ugly match so far and I struggle to keep my eyes open. I actually fell asleep at 3-2 first set and woke up at 4-3 :lol:

I like Misha too normally - but - not today :tape:

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Looks like winning first set loosen Nole up a bit. Let's see

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Nole just won the TB! :woohoo: Hope he calms down and gets the heck out of there fast. I'm glad Nole won the first set, but I hate that Youzhny DF to give it away. I hate when players do that on the big points. I feel so bad for them.

Yes - me too:sad: I hope Nole can wrap this one up quickly now. I remember watching Misha against Verdasco at Roland Garros this year - Misha fought and fought to tie-breaks, and then suddenly kind of had a mental collapse and lost the last set 0-6 or something. Is it mean of me to hope he does the same now?

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Misha is one of the endless headcase players on my fav list :tape: I am used to this kind of melt down.

BP Nole, best point of the match so far

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
And bp saved by Misha by clipping the base line.

kalisita
08-13-2008, 10:16 AM
That was horrible by Nole! What a mistake. I think part of the problem is he's so used to being on a hawk-eye court.

Björki
08-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Nole :bounce:

*Ljubica*
08-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi Peggy :wavey:

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Pretty bad line calls out there. 1-1 2nd set

Lee
08-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Definitely more energy on court now.