Good luck to Nole in Cinci - just relax and have some fun:-)) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Good luck to Nole in Cinci - just relax and have some fun:-))

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

*Ljubica*
07-26-2008, 11:41 AM
OK -time to move on to a new tournament I think :) Nole has nothing to defend in Cinci and I think that is good :)

He is obviously feeling some pressure at the moment and that is neither bad nor surprising in my opinion. He's a human being not a robot - and if we look around - almost all players have bad losses, bad tournaments and occasional crises of confidence - it's totally natural and not to be worried about at all in my opinion. Nole is young - he has time- and remember he has already achieved more in his short career than many other players have ever achieved. So let's all relax a bit, and cheer for him in Cinci, with no high expectations - hope he has fun and then we will do the same:)

Ajde Nole :)

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI/BYE
QUALIFIER v GINEPRI, Robby USA
ANCIC, Mario CRO v ACASUSO, Jose ARG
BELLUCCI, Thomaz BRA v (16) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
(12) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP v FISH, Mardy USA
BENNETEAU, Julien FRA v SODERLING, Robin SWE
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v QUALIFIER
BYE/(6) RODDICK, Andy USA

(4) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS/BYE
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB v MOYA, Carlos ESP
(WC) ISNER, John USA v QUALIFIER
ANDREEV, Igor RUS v (15) STEPANEK, Radek CZE
(11) GASQUET, Richard FRA v LLODRA, Michael FRA
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v (WC) SAFIN, Marat RUS
QUERREY, Sam USA v MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
BYE/( 8 ) MURRAY, Andy GBR

(7) BLAKE, James/BYE
KIEFER, Nicolas v SIMON, Gilles
NIEMINEN, Jarkko v GULBIS, Ernests
JOHANSSON, Thomas v (9) WAWRINKA, Stanislas
(13) GONZALEZ, Fernando v BERDYCH, Tomas
LOPEZ, Feliciano v SEPPI, Andreas
QUALIFIER v BOLELLI, Simone
BYE/(3) DJOKOVIC, Novak

(5) FERRER, David/BYE
LAPENTTI, Nicolas v CILIC, Marin
(WC) LEVINE, Jesse v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v (10) VERDASCO, Fernando
(14) YOUZHNY, Mikhail v HAAS, Tommy
MONFILS, Gael v (WC) YOUNG, Donald
QUALIFIER v SERRA, Florent
BYE/(2) NADAL, Rafael

Okonsky
07-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Thx Rose, I don't know what to think. Pretty good quarter but this again with peasant from Majorka. Brf.

camnation
07-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes, we can totally move on to the next tournament! Good luck Nole!

kalisita
07-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Good luck! And let's hope he takes Rose's advice and has some fun out there! I think that's what's really missing.

arm
07-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Nole :hug:

No more big expectationsor responsabilities, I promise. :hug:

Okonsky
07-26-2008, 09:49 PM
I promise. :hug:

:cool:

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Morning - equilibrium restored all round by now? (Shall stay well clear of the blether thread as it still seems strained but then I usually do.)

So, qualified optimism for Cincy but concerns remain. Feeling under pressure and not at top form he may have been but there's no denying Nole's game was made to appear one-dimensional and predictable at times by Andy. This is potentially significant and will not go unnoticed elsewhere.

If he can keep this week's form up Andy should be no 4 pretty soon and deservedly so - there's no one else in the top 10 with a better claim right now to my mind.

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Morning - equilibrium restored all round by now? (Shall stay well clear of the blether thread as it still seems strained but then I usually do.)

So, qualified optimism for Cincy but concerns remain. Feeling under pressure and not at top form he may have been but there's no denying Nole's game was made to appear one-dimensional and predictable at times by Andy. This is potentially significant and will not go unnoticed elsewhere.

If he can keep this week's form up Andy should be no 4 pretty soon and deservedly so - there's no one else in the top 10 with a better claim right now to my mind.

Morning dear :wavey: Have to agree with you on the first paragraph :) I am doing the same:)

Also have to agree with you about Murray - I am not a fan of his personality or on-court demeanour at all - but he played damned well against Nole,- and, on that form, deserves a higher spot.

As for Nole - well - you know me - I am never that optimistic - if Nole was playing tennis against me, I'd still be scared of him losing :help: And at least as a pessimist, you can always say "told you so" when you're proved right :p But- seriously- I think he just needs some time to get used to the rarified air "at the top" if you know what I mean, and that may take him the rest of this year to do, or maybe even longer :shrug: Remember even Sampras had a gap in big wins between winning his first Grand Slam in the US in 1990, and his next in 1993 :shrug: So all I hope is that he has fun, stays healthy, and enjoys playing tennis - the rest will follow.

Have a nice Sunday - and hope it's not so sticky/hot/disgustingly humid in your part of the UK as it is down here.

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 03:01 PM

Well, I am fresh and new again, ready for endless optimism (concern remains, I agree with you). As for Andy - I think he can defeat Nadal, I though it might happen last night coz he is mentally stronger and stronger. I like the guy very much.

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 03:03 PM
As for Nole - well - you know me - I am never that optimistic - if Nole was playing tennis against me, I'd still be scared of him losing :help: And at least as a pessimist, you can always say "told you so" when you're proved right :p But- seriously- I think he just needs some time to get used to the rarified air "at the top" if you know what I mean, and that may take him the rest of this year to do, or maybe even longer :shrug: Remember even Sampras had a gap in big wins between winning his first Grand Slam in the US in 1990, and his next in 1993 :shrug: So all I hope is that he has fun, stays healthy, and enjoys playing tennis - the rest will follow.

I'm the same as you but lets try be like Herdwick, we can try. Optimism is good cure:)
-----------------------------------------

Have a nice sunday both Herdwick and Rose:hug:

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm the same as you but lets try be like Herdwick, we can try. Optimism is good cure:)
-----------------------------------------

Have a nice sunday both Herdwick and Rose:hug:

OK - in Raquel's absence,I will try to assume the mantle of optimism - it doesnt fit me very well though :lol:

Have a good Sunday yourself - love you :hug: And love you too Herdwick of course :hug:

sharapower
07-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Good luck Nole :hug:
I'm hopping for a match against Tomas :drool:

arm
07-27-2008, 03:55 PM
OK - in Raquel's absence,I will try to assume the mantle of optimism - it doesnt fit me very well though :lol:

Have a good Sunday yourself - love you :hug: And love you too Herdwick of course :hug:

You? :rolleyes: I mean, I guess Lee could do it, for example. But you, Rose? :lol:

Sorry, that role doesn't suit you. :hug: But you have even more important roles in this Forum, you know. :hug:

As for the optimism thing, well, I still believe in him and in his game, but I am taking it easy. The last 2 tournaments (Queens, Wimby and Toronto) I was so cnfidend, and we all know what happened. But this is just me playing defense, because I decided that I refuse to get so disappointed over all his losses. It's not healthy.

Ajde Nole! :hug: :secret: I still think you have been saving yourself for Cini - a tournament you never won!

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Good luck Nole :hug:
I'm hopping for a match against Tomas :drool:

I like Berdych. In fact I like 3 of 4 good friends - Murray, Berdych and Novak, course. Only Gasguet don't belong.

I'd love to see Novak-Tomas match. It's been a long time.

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Raquel sweetie - I miss you so much :hug: This place is not the same without you. And I agree - the Miss Optimistic tag really doesn't suit me :p

Sharapower and Misha - I also like Berdych -would look forward to a match between him and Nole:)

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Am around and in a mood of realistic optimism so happy Sunday to all. Cincy should be interesting. Just enjoying the Tour de France and ironing...

Shame tonight's final is pretty much a formality barring seismics. Did you see that Rafa refused an interview to Paris Match after Wimbledon? Apparently they were stunned; it had never happened before.

Oh and add me to the Berdych fan list too. Pity he's not fulfilled expectations yet.

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Am around and in a mood of realistic optimism so happy Sunday to all. Cincy should be interesting. Just enjoying the Tour de France and ironing...

Shame tonight's final is pretty much a formality barring seismics. Did you see that Rafa refused an interview to Paris Match after Wimbledon? Apparently they were stunned; it had never happened before.

Oh and add me to the Berdych fan list too. Pity he's not fulfilled expectations yet.

Ironing :help: Please tell me that comment about enjoying it was - dare I say - "irony" :devil: It's my least favourite domestic chore for sure - beaten possibly only by oven cleaning :bolt:

No - I didn't see the "Paris Match" thing - you know I tend to avoid anything with the word "Nadal" in the title :o And as for tonight's final- I don't even think I'll watch it - it's too much of a foregone conclusion. In fact I'm so sure of the outcome that I vowed to "streak" around my garden if Kiefer won :o

Glad to know you like Berdych too - always knew you were a lady of discernment.

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Ironing :help: Please tell me that comment about enjoying it was - dare I say - "irony" :devil: It's my least favourite domestic chore for sure - beaten possibly only by oven cleaning :bolt:

No - I didn't see the "Paris Match" thing - you know I tend to avoid anything with the word "Nadal" in the title :o And as for tonight's final- I don't even think I'll watch it - it's too much of a foregone conclusion. In fact I'm so sure of the outcome that I vowed to "streak" around my garden if Kiefer won :o

Glad to know you like Berdych too - always knew you were a lady of discernment.

Badly phrased - my enjoyment relates solely to the TDF and the shots of Paris. The ironing requires a metaphorical hair shirt. JP wants beer which I am so far resisting - not sure how long that will last.

I shall make sure I pass on any further little Rafa titbits for you then. Seriously I have time for anyone who doesn't run with the celeb/PR herd so that gets him major brownie points with me

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Badly phrased - my enjoyment relates solely to the TDF and the shots of Paris. The ironing requires a metaphorical hair shirt. JP wants beer which I am so far resisting - not sure how long that will last.

I shall make sure I pass on any further little Rafa titbits for you then. Seriously I have time for anyone who doesn't run with the celeb/PR herd so that gets him major brownie points with me

Go on girl - have a beer -will make the task more bearable!

Btw - have to tell you this - this morning Alex was cleaning the upstairs windows prior to painting them - good boy :hearts: And he was singing "When I'm Cleanng Windows", which he seems to have learned from those wonderful George Formby YouTube clips you provided :tape: And believe me - until you've heard a Serb singing George Formby - you have not lived :lol:

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh would love one but since hitting 30 I find I can't drink like I used to and it's Monday tomorrow.

I want to hear him sing WICW! Can he sing it in Serbian? Or would the seven(?) cases not allow it to translate/scan?

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh would love one but since hitting 30 I find I can't drink like I used to and it's Monday tomorrow.

I want to hear him sing WICW! Can he sing it in Serbian? Or would the seven(?) cases not allow it to translate/scan?

I am not even going to ask him if he can sing it in Serbian - it may give him an excuse to sing it again - and trust me - his voice makes Nole's sound good :tape: He is also still up a ladder at the moment - so if he starts again he'll be heard all over the neighbourhood :help: Besides - it was the Serbian/Lancashire accent that made it so - erm - "interesting".

And I have sympathy with the drinking thing - when I was at Uni I could drink far too much gin with no ill-effects,- now if I have two I'm asleep or sick:o Ithink it's called age!

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Ah - now I am curious.

Manon - are you around please? How do you say 'When I'm cleaning windows' in Serbian?

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Ana Raquel:hug:

Herdwick, Rose, we Serbs are singing like a canarian. I can imagine Alex, windows and songs:) Great spirit.

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Ah - now I am curious.

Manon - are you around please? How do you say 'When I'm cleaning windows' in Serbian?

Serbian first rule - read as it written (always). So 'Kada perem prozore' (it's sound so funny in Serbian:lol: )

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Serbian first rule - read as it written (always). So 'Kada perem prozore' (it's sound so funny in Serbian:lol: )

I just shouted that up the ladder and he laughed! :rolls: Now poor boy thinks everyone on MTF is laughing at hm :tape: As if....... :angel:

And I'm truly not sure about this singing like canaries - with my Serb he sounds more like my cats having a fight :o

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I just shouted that up the ladder and he laughed! :rolls: Now poor boy thinks everyone on MTF is laughing at hm :tape: As if....... :angel:

And I'm truly not sure about this singing like canaries - with my Serb he sounds more like my cats having a fight :o

:rolls: Shouted in Serbian?:lol:

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 05:03 PM

:worship: Thank you! Do you pronounce the final syllable of 'prozore'? If not, then it will scan!

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 05:05 PM
:rolls: Shouted in Serbian?:lol:

I am a woman of many talents ;)

Btw- Misha - you may prefer not to look at these - but for Herdwick and any other interested people here - I have just been sent a link to shirtless Janko practice photos :drool: OK - call me a cheap and shallow fangirl if you wish :o

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7406139&postcount=2

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Sod it - beer opened. Zum Wohl!

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 05:14 PM
:worship: Thank you! Do you pronounce the final syllable of 'prozore'? If not, then it will scan!

Hum, my English...say flat. Pro-zo-re (plural). Pro-zor (singular). No final syllable.

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 05:16 PM

Btw- Misha - you may prefer not to look at these - but for Herdwick and any other interested people here - I have just been sent a link to shirtless Janko practice photos :drool: OK - call me a cheap and shallow fangirl if you wish :o

Ok. His problem are X legs. He had nice face, torzo too.

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Hum, my English...say flat. Pro-zo-re (plural). Pro-zor (singular). No final syllable.

So as long as we clean only one window - it will scan:)

Herdwick - enjoy your beer - cheers - or perhaps I should say Živeli instead:)

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Ok. His problem are X legs. He had nice face, torzo too.

His legs look fine to me:o But then you know I am a cheap fangirl when it comes to Janko :o

but-it's-ok
07-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Go on girl - have a beer -will make the task more bearable!

Btw - have to tell you this - this morning Alex was cleaning the upstairs windows prior to painting them - good boy :hearts: And he was singing "When I'm Cleanng Windows", which he seems to have learned from those wonderful George Formby YouTube clips you provided :tape: And believe me - until you've heard a Serb singing George Formby - you have not lived :lol:

Rose,Herdwick:wavey:

Herdwick - I love watching TDF so I can drool over Arc de Triomphe,Champs Elysees:hearts: I never drool over the cyclists:lol: Ironing:bolt: I try to get stuff that just doesn't need ironing but now I have Craig,ironing becomes a must"sigh".

Rose - A singing Serbian window cleaner-is there no end to the talents Alex has? I wish I'd heard him, and no I havent lived then definitely:lol:. My window cleaner sings as he cleans windows, but he never sings When I'm Cleaning Windows. He sings Things Can Only Get Better - then guess what-the:rain: comes!:lol:

All the best for Nole in Cincy,I'm just taking it one match at a time.Adje Nole:worship: And Janko shirtless,so good I'm:speakles:

EDIT-Hi Misha:wavey:

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Song 'Window my old mother' (Prozor stare majke):lol:. In Serbian old mother can be grandma too:)

9tIrxIaAdMs

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Rose,Herdwick:wavey:

Herdwick - I love watching TDF so I can drool over Arc de Triomphe,Champs Elysees:hearts: I never drool over the cyclists:lol: Ironing:bolt: I try to get stuff that just doesn't need ironing but now I have Craig,ironing becomes a must"sigh".

Rose - A singing Serbian window cleaner-is there no end to the talents Alex has? I wish I'd heard him, and no I havent lived then definitely:lol:. My window cleaner sings as he cleans windows, but he never sings When I'm Cleaning Windows. He sings Things Can Only Get Better - then guess what-the:rain: comes!:lol:

All the best for Nole in Cincy,I'm just taking it one match at a time.Adje Nole:worship:

Hi :wavey: I am sure your window cleaner sings far better than mine:) And you honestly would not have wanted to hear Alex sing - you are better off not knowing :)

Nice to see you here:hug:

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Excellent - thanks!

Amazing what you can find on YT...JP says do you know 'White Horses' - apparently it was a Yugoslav series from the seventies

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6z8GUywyc

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Song 'Window my old mother' (Prozor stare majke):lol:. In Serbian old mother can be grandma too:)

9tIrxIaAdMs

Misha :worship: What are you trying to do to me :lol: He will sing that all damned day now too :rolls: Thanks for the laughs - and Alex says hvala :)

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Excellent - thanks!

Amazing what you can find on YT...JP says do you know 'White Horses' - apparently it was a Yugoslav series from the seventies

I just about remember "White Horses" :o- and you should have seen Lily (the cat's) face when that horse neighed in the beginning of the video :lol: She is now looking everywhere for the horse behind the computer table :lol:

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Excellent - thanks!

How? I almost forgot. It's Croatian-German series, at that time Yugoslav-German coproduction. JP knows this?

But main role is Julka:kiss:(female horse), our name:music:

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Yes (whispers - he's older than me). Apparently it was big here and in Belgium...

We're in stitches over this now..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJ0m9xRocE&feature=related

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Yes (whispers - he's older than me). Apparently it was big here and in Belgium...

It's better than original in 'Rocky':haha:

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 05:47 PM

:lol: Where the hell do you find all this stuff? :rolls:

Anyway - much as I would love to stay here longer - it is time for me to do my duty and cook my man's dinner:) Guess it's the least I can do to say thanks for all his cleaning and painting - though after he put me through his singing - maybe he should be cooking me dinner instead :)

So has been a pleasure sharing some of my Sunday afternoon with you lovely people - enjoy the Final, those who are watching it.

Maybe catch you later :hug:

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Herdwick, check this from 'Balkan Ekspres' series, Serbian the best. Rose, ask Alex about Tanja (the singer here, actress).

2KbGZVIq3yU

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Oooh - you're very refined in Serbia.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCIKjYDf1g

To speed you on your way with the cooking..

:lol:

(Manon and others - this is pretty typical British humour)

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 06:08 PM
I knew only 'I'm Feeling In The Mood Tonight'. I've heard about her when I was in England, last century;)

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Beer kicking in nicely now - Monday morning; I spit at you.

Who's watching Rafa then? Goran I is the special guest on Sky here.

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Ziki/Nestor took the title:woohoo:

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
:lol: Where the hell do you find all this stuff? :rolls:

Anyway - much as I would love to stay here longer - it is time for me to do my duty and cook my man's dinner:) Guess it's the least I can do to say thanks for all his cleaning and painting - though after he put me through his singing - maybe he should be cooking me dinner instead :)

So has been a pleasure sharing some of my Sunday afternoon with you lovely people - enjoy the Final, those who are watching it.

Maybe catch you later :hug:

That's great - they're really on a roll. I like Zimonjic - he looks like a really nice bloke.

Right - off to gut my fish, open the wine and cheer on Rafa. Have a fun evening.

kalisita
07-27-2008, 06:36 PM
I saw that Anderson won in Cinci qualies. I'm afraid to see the final draw at the end of day now. I don't want Novak to have to deal with the possibility of a "getting revenge" if Anderson were to play and beat Bolelli. That didn't go so well against Safin. It's weird to be worried about how he'll do at a HC event.

savesthedizzle
07-27-2008, 07:06 PM
That's great - they're really on a roll. I like Zimonjic - he looks like a really nice bloke.

Right - off to gut my fish, open the wine and cheer on Rafa. Have a fun evening.

I like Zimonjic too. Everyone I know who has ever had an interaction with him speaks highly of him :D And from what I've observed of him interacting with people, he seems :yeah:

Jelena_78
07-27-2008, 07:45 PM

Btw- Misha - you may prefer not to look at these - but for Herdwick and any other interested people here - I have just been sent a link to shirtless Janko practice photos :drool: OK - call me a cheap and shallow fangirl if you wish

I do prefer to look !! :drool: Thanks! :hug:

And I'm truly not sure about this singing like canaries - with my Serb he sounds more like my cats having a fight

:lol:

Herdwick - enjoy your beer - cheers - or perhaps I should say Živeli instead:) :eek: You're getting better and better!! :D :rocker2:

:woohoo:

I like Zimonjic too. Everyone I know who has ever had an interaction with him speaks highly of him :D And from what I've observed of him interacting with people, he seems :yeah:

Great guy Nenad :)

Your avy :hearts:

Serbia lost to USA in volleyball World League finals, so everyone who follows volleyball, congrats! :clap2:

Looking forward to the Olympic Games :)

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Serbia lost to USA in volleyball World League finals, so everyone who follows volleyball, congrats! :clap2:

Looking forward to the Olympic Games :)

They lost 3rd and 4th set. 20-18 both time.

kalisita
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Order of play for Mon is out and Bolleli 1R match isn't on it so looks like Nole won't play until Weds.

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Good. Let's hope KA isn't the qualifier.

No one else around here it seems.

*Ljubica*
07-27-2008, 09:01 PM
I was still outside drinking my wine out on the patio :) It's such a gorgeous evening :hearts:

Didn't watch the Final- but kept the TV on so I could come inside every time Goran (Ivanisević) appeared - he was Sky's guest commentator this week :) And - yes- I am still inlove/lust :o with the gorgeous Goran :inlove: I've been :inlove: with him for about 17 years now :lol:

Jelena - somehow I KNEW you'd like those photos of Janko :) And not sure if my Serbian is getting better and better - though I am learning loads of new swear words :tape: Especially after he spent the day painting :lol: And I think Misha is a far better teacher for me than Alex - Alex is far too impatient with me :o

Nenad is a lovely guy - I am so pleased he won the title again :)

Misha - I asked Alex about the girl on the video - he said her name was Tanjya Bosković and he used to have a picture of her on his bedroom wall when he was a kid :o :lol:

Herdwick - I :inlove: Victoria Wood - the lyrics of that song always make me smile - and somewhat remind me why I am not with a British guy :tape:

Anyone else here I missed - hello and goodnight :wavey: And I'm kind of glad Nole won't play til Wednesday - gives me a few days to relax :)

OK- back to the garden and the wine :)

Herdwick
07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Snap with Goran (lacks the lustful icon yet again - there's a real gap in the market here). Was sure you wouldn't miss him after Sky had trailed it so heavily.

Just remember you're a damn sight closer to Balkan bliss than most of us here - I have to make do with Belgium.

Jelena_78
07-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Order of play for Mon is out and Bolleli 1R match isn't on it so looks like Nole won't play until Weds.

And I'm kind of glad Nole won't play til Wednesday - gives me a few days to relax :)

Gives me a few days off :dance: :o

It's such a gorgeous evening :hearts:
back to the garden and the wine :)

:hearts: Enjoy!

Okonsky
07-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Misha - I asked Alex about the girl on the video - he said her name was Tanjya Bosković and he used to have a picture of her on his bedroom wall when he was a kid :o :lol:

I wonder why I was too:angel: Now, in her 50+ she is still gorgeous:worship: Jelena, as a girl what do you think?
Now, you went out, drink wine...can I envy you?

Just remember you're a damn sight closer to Balkan bliss than most of us here - I have to make do with Belgium.

Dankerk or Denkerk or? is great harbour. That's only place I've seen in Belgium. Sad?

Jelena_78
07-27-2008, 10:46 PM
I wonder why I was too:angel: Now, in her 50+ she is still gorgeous:worship: Jelena, as a girl what do you think?

What do I think?! I was at the theatre a month ago watching one play she was acting in, and as a girl (I was in the 2nd row btw) I was like :eek: :hearts: :drool: :o
She's over 50 and so hot!! Amazing legs! I felt kinda :awww: I can only dream about having legs like hers :shrug:
No actually Jelena, you should move your a___ away from that chair and computer, and tv, and go for a walk, go jogging ....:smash:
:hysteric:

kalisita
07-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Good. Let's hope KA isn't the qualifier.

No one else around here it seems.

1R -- Anderson v Bolelli. Of all the qualifiers, he's like the only one I didn't want Nole to possibly play.

savesthedizzle
07-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Your avy :hearts:

I don't, so a :hug: for you:

You like the av? :aplot: Kiefer :aplot: :drool: :rolls: He scares me sooo much and I would never try to talk with him but :aplot: doesn't require talking :tape:

Lee
07-28-2008, 01:18 AM

Not me but that's more my fault than his. Anyway, my love for Nestor will compensate for that. ;)

1R -- Anderson v Bolelli. Of all the qualifiers, he's like the only one I didn't want Nole to possibly play.

I will cheer very very hard for Bolelli. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone :lol:

smileitsmyan
07-28-2008, 06:16 AM
I have a weird thing where I cancel all of my plans for an entire day if they interfere with one of Nole's matches (or any big match) because I try my very hardest to watch every match that I can. Ever since that RG semifinal, his body language on the court just hasn't been the same. He used to walk around with a nonchalance and almost spring in his step and when he misses a shot continuously and then pulls it off, he finds humor in it. In the last few matches that I've seen, he hasn't been playing at his best, and more importantly, his body language and his facial expressions just aren't right. I feel like he's putting so much pressure on himself to perform and to veer away from his "Djoker" persona that I feel as though it's hurting him, not helping him. It's almost as if he wants people to see him as a "serious professional tennis payer" when I feel as though his personality and his lighthearted-ness has made him so successful. His ability to not take his game so seriously kept him relaxed and helped him to focus under pressure. Now however, it feels as though he has something else on his mind and it worries me because I really don't want him to end up as another Safin.

Herdwick
07-28-2008, 08:34 AM

******!

May onions grow in his armpits.

*Ljubica*
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
******!

:rolls: OMG - what a totally wonderful expression :lol: I second it completely.

And :wavey: Myan - I understand what you are saying about Nole in your post. I think he just needs time to get used to the pressure at the top of the game, and we just need to be there to support him :) Nice to meet you by the way :)

savesthedizzle
07-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I have a weird thing where I cancel all of my plans for an entire day if they interfere with one of Nole's matches (or any big match) because I try my very hardest to watch every match that I can. Ever since that RG semifinal, his body language on the court just hasn't been the same. He used to walk around with a nonchalance and almost spring in his step and when he misses a shot continuously and then pulls it off, he finds humor in it. In the last few matches that I've seen, he hasn't been playing at his best, and more importantly, his body language and his facial expressions just aren't right. I feel like he's putting so much pressure on himself to perform and to veer away from his "Djoker" persona that I feel as though it's hurting him, not helping him. It's almost as if he wants people to see him as a "serious professional tennis payer" when I feel as though his personality and his lighthearted-ness has made him so successful. His ability to not take his game so seriously kept him relaxed and helped him to focus under pressure. Now however, it feels as though he has something else on his mind and it worries me because I really don't want him to end up as another Safin.

I agree with a lot of what you said here :) And I have a response I want to type but I am late for work :rolls: so.... I will respond later ;) :lol:

kalisita
07-28-2008, 04:22 PM

I agree that there seems to be something missing. He always talks about how he likes to play tennis and make it fun on the court. I agree that since he made an effort to stop being "the Djoker" that seems to be gone. I understand that he wants to be taken seriously but he shouldn't take it to a point where it changes his personality. Hopefully, all our worries here are for nothing, though, and he's back to normal in Cinci.

Okonsky
07-28-2008, 05:11 PM
******!

http://usera.imagecave.com/Manon/thinking.gifhttp://usera.imagecave.com/Manon/zajeb.gif

scoobs
07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi all.

Interesting what you're saying about perhaps Nole trying to not be the joker and perhaps being too serious and trying too hard to be the serious pro and it might be hurting his game a bit - not just the pressure of trying to get to #2 and then #1 but to do it in a "statesmanlike" manner. Federer and Nadal have had a lot of good press for their conduct in rivalry in the past few years - I wouldn't be surprised if that's something Nole would like said about him - and I suspect the stuff in Monte Carlo about his retirement might have hurt his feelings a fair bit.

Maybe he's trying too hard to be seen in the same way as those two guys rather than letting it happen naturally as a consequence of his results and his comportment on court and off it?

Another thing - he's always been, you know, complimentary and nice to his opponents at the net when he wins or loses, which is nice, but sometimes he almost seems to be too nice - like with Safin at Wimbledon it was almost "thank you for beating me" - if you know what I mean :) Could be coming from the same place - the desire to be seen as a great sportsman, which I think these days he largely is anyway.

Thing is, if he's trying too hard and not having fun on the court, not enjoying his tennis, that's no good either. When Murray was with Brad Gilbert he wasn't having fun anymore on court, putting too much pressure on himself and the results were patchy and then the wrist injury happened. He needed to get back to enjoying his tennis while striving for the results, getting the right balance. Perhaps things are just a bit out of balance for Nole right now.

He is a very smart guy though, and he learns very very fast, so I don't expect him to take very long making any adjustments that are needed.

Herdwick
07-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Agree - have always thought Nole is pretty sensitive and he does take himself a bit too seriously. His interviews are starting to reflect this - the jokey comments have largely disappeared and he can sound formulaic. He is certainly desperately keen to be popular. It was obvious at the AO that he was pretty gutted at the crowd's partiality for Tsonga. He will be only too aware of the negative comments which he has received this year and this can only add to the pressure.

Okonsky
07-28-2008, 07:54 PM
He will be only too aware of the negative comments which he has received this year and this can only add to the pressure.

Brilliant. Really.

Lee
07-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Suddenly, Nole's draw doesn't look good to me. Potential Kevin Anderson in 2nd round and Berdych in 3rd round.

kalisita
07-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Suddenly, Nole's draw doesn't look good to me. Potential Kevin Anderson in 2nd round and Berdych in 3rd round.

Berdych played well today to beat Gonzo for the first time. That should give him confidence. And, with Wawrinka out, there's basically only Blake stopping Gulbis from the QF. :sad:

Lee
07-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Both Blake and Gulbis will play without their brains. :tape: But that's how Nole's playing these days, no? :unsure:

savesthedizzle
07-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Berdych played well today to beat Gonzo for the first time. That should give him confidence. And, with Wawrinka out, there's basically only Blake stopping Gulbis from the QF. :sad:

There's always Gulbis to stand in Gulbis's way from the QF as well :hug:

smileitsmyan
07-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Both Blake and Gulbis will play without their brains. :tape: But that's how Nole's playing these days, no? :unsure:

yea seriously. I'm really anxious about Cincy now and I just want him to look and just...feel right on the court. Whenever I watch him now, he just doesn't seem all there.

Everybody always talks about his mental maturity for his age and I'm sure that if there's something in his life that's throwing his tennis off-balance then he'll quickly rectify that. Every sportsman goes through a slump and I'm praying that this is a brief but eye-opening slump for Nole because if it isn't...god I don't know who I'd root for in tennis lol

neenah
07-29-2008, 04:37 AM
I'm counting on Nole to save this tournament for me. Marat makes a fool out of himself, Wawrinka and Ancic out, Fed being unpredictable, Rafa probably too tired to win (although I don't know if he ever gets tired).

Ajde Nole :rocker2:

Herdwick
07-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Brilliant. Really.

Are you being sarcastic? ;)

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious....I do have his best interests at heart. I want him challenging for the top spot and would hate to see him slip back to just be one of the chasing pack.

Also concerned about this tennis centre mullarkey. It can't be helping - they're presumably expecting him to fund it from his winnings as well as effectively support the entire family. Great stuff at 21.

Mouthwatering programme for centre today...

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Are you being sarcastic? ;)

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious....I do have his best interests at heart. I want him challenging for the top spot and would hate to see him slip back to just be one of the chasing pack.

Also concerned about this tennis centre mullarkey. It can't be helping - they're presumably expecting him to fund it from his winnings as well as effectively support the entire family. Great stuff at 21.

Mouthwatering programme for centre today...

With you (with frends - never). Be obvious, it's better.

Here for Rose and you:

http://usera.imagecave.com/Manon/all/NGM1996_06p16.jpg

Btw, Novak became one of last sport news here along with Ana & JJ. Waterpolo, volleyball (M and F), football course are first. I mean, hysteria was past tense.

*Ljubica*
07-29-2008, 02:22 PM
:awww: Cute - thanks :inlove: Hi Misha :wavey: Still working hard? :awww:

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
:awww: Cute - thanks :inlove: Hi Misha :wavey: Still working hard? :awww:

Rose :hug:

Still but I have good news - It was my turn to report from demonstrations (you know about boycot) but my 20 years younger coleague told boss that coz he's younger it's better to replace me. I am affraid of this demon's.

Thomas made me to promise him full report but now I have to tell him I was lucky.

*Ljubica*
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Rose :hug:

Still but I have good news - It was my turn to report from demonstrations (you know about boycot) but my 20 years younger coleague told boss that coz he's younger it's better to replace me. I am affraid of this demon's.

Thomas made me to promise him full report but now I have to tell him I was lucky.

:hug: I am so relieved to hear that. I have been thinking about you a lot today and worrying for the whole situation. It was good of your colleague to do this, and I hope he will be OK.

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
:hug::hug::hug:

I am relieved too Rose. Tired but couldn't sleep. Today I was working three hours only. Yes, this colleague is great. I owe him so much. Btw, police caught this guy (1988) who beated up my camerman (he's still in hospital with broken leg but he's alright now).

Tell me, do you know Novak's shedule tomorrow?

*Ljubica*
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
:hug::hug::hug:

I am relieved too Rose. Tired but couldn't sleep. Today I was working three hours only. Yes, this colleague is great. I owe him so much. Btw, police caught this guy (1988) who beated up my camerman (he's still in hospital with broken leg but he's alright now).

Tell me, do you know Novak's shedule tomorrow?

No - I have no idea of the schedule tomorrow yet. But I don't think they will do the Order of Play, til after all the matches today are finished, which will be way into the night for us. I think his match will be late though - as Bolleli v Anderson is also quite late tonight. Maybe tomorrow's night match:shrug:

Glad the cameraman is recovering :hug:

Pepi.
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Good luck Nole :D

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 04:51 PM
No - I have no idea of the schedule tomorrow yet. But I don't think they will do the Order of Play, til after all the matches today are finished, which will be way into the night for us. I think his match will be late though - as Bolleli v Anderson is also quite late tonight. Maybe tomorrow's night match:shrug:

Glad the cameraman is recovering :hug:

:hug:

*Ljubica*
07-29-2008, 04:54 PM

:) Oh and btw - I may not be here too much this evening - want to watch Janko, and then the Roger match - so don't worry - OK :hug:

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 05:11 PM
OK :hug: Thx :smooch:

kalisita
07-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Bolelli defeated Anderson 6-3, 7-6. Nole beat him at the AO this year pretty easy so let's hope for a repeat tomorrow. :) It looks so hot and humid in Cincy so let's also hope Nole really has improved his fitness and endurance. It's not supposed to be as hot tomorrow but there calling for thunderstorms all day so it could be a long day tomorrow.

Herdwick
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Bolelli - guess that's good. Please don't make us have to eat our words tomorrow. Poor Roger is still out of sorts too.

Sorry to see about the trouble in Belgrade - take care.

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
That's good.

Herdwick - it's OK now.

Herdwick
07-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Good to hear - thanks. Can I ask what is your company please? I have only heard of RTS, B92 and Pink.

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Good to hear - thanks. Can I ask what is your company please? I have only heard of RTS, B92 and Pink.

I am on B92 (radio). I should be there by shedule but one young colleague asked bosses to replace me coz he's younger. I saw him between police and hooligans. And 2 hours I couldn't talk to him. He is alright, thank God. I was feeling so quilty.

RTS is state TV, Pink forget. Kitch (spelling?)

Btw, you can ask me whatever you want.

smileitsmyan
07-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Bolelli defeated Anderson 6-3, 7-6. Nole beat him at the AO this year pretty easy so let's hope for a repeat tomorrow. :) It looks so hot and humid in Cincy so let's also hope Nole really has improved his fitness and endurance. It's not supposed to be as hot tomorrow but there calling for thunderstorms all day so it could be a long day tomorrow.

Nole beat Murray pretty easily the last 4 times they played and look at their last match :( ...I'm still worried. when's the match?

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Tomorrow but we don't know yet when.

Lee
07-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Nole beat Murray pretty easily the last 4 times they played and look at their last match :( ...I'm still worried. when's the match?

I am a fangirl of Bolelli but I have to admit he's not the level of Murray. ;)

kalisita
07-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Nole scheduled 3rd on centre tomorrow.

CENTER COURT start 11:00 am
[7] J Blake (USA) vs [LL] R Ram (USA) or G Simon (FRA)
S Querrey (USA) vs [8] A Murray (GBR)
S Bolelli (ITA) vs [3] N Djokovic (SRB)
Not Before 7:00 PM
F Serra (FRA) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP)
R Lindstedt (SWE) / J Nieminen (FIN) vs [3] J Erlich (ISR) / A Ram (ISR)

Jelena_78
07-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Nole scheduled 3rd on centre tomorrow.

[7] J Blake (USA) vs [LL] R Ram (USA) or G Simon (FRA)
S Querrey (USA) vs [8] A Murray (GBR)
S Bolelli (ITA) vs [3] N Djokovic (SRB)
F Serra (FRA) vs [2] R Nadal (ESP)
R Lindstedt (SWE) / J Nieminen (FIN) vs [3] J Erlich (ISR) / A Ram (ISR)

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Thx Kalista. It means Novak will play around 3 AM CET. Jelena, am I right?

Jelena_78
07-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Thx Kalista. It means Novak will play around 3 AM CET. Jelena, am I right?

I think earlier...
not before 7pm is not before 1am here, I think is 6 hours difference, and he plays before that match

Okonsky
07-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I think earlier...
not before 7pm is not before 1am here, I think is 6 hours difference, and he plays before that match

Grazie:hug:

arm
07-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Yay :D I a here. And yay, I don't have time to read all this posts. :(

When does Nole play? I can't open OOP here nor the draw. :shrug:

njnetswill
07-30-2008, 01:57 AM
If only Novak was in the top half. :bigcry:

smileitsmyan
07-30-2008, 04:04 AM
dammit I'm at work until 4:30 Florida time :( any chance the match will get postponed until about oh...11:45 PM CMT :lol:

Lee
07-30-2008, 06:04 AM
I am not even sure if his match will be shown on TTC. TTC will start showing ATP tennis at 5pm et and the schedule doesn't say it's live :shrug:

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Morning :wavey: 3rd on - couldn't be better; that should be about 8-9pm CET, weather permitting of course. Intermittent storms forecast for Cincy.

He squashed Bolleli 6-1 6-2 6-2 in the AO but am no longer confident we are dealing with the same beast.

kalisita
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I am not even sure if his match will be shown on TTC. TTC will start showing ATP tennis at 5pm et and the schedule doesn't say it's live :shrug:

I'm worried about this too. They didn't advertise his match yesterday. The line-up they showed was Blake, Querry, Nadal. I don't see how they can show Nadal unless they go over 7 pm, but I'm afraid they may show taped Blake instead of live tennis. :sad:

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
OK - I now know I am seriously addicted! Haven't been able to access MTF for hours until now :bigcry: And was going crazy! The site seems to have been down all morning here, plus also my server went down last night - so -Misha - sorry I disappoeared :o

Anyway - it's all back now :bounce: And good luck tonight Nole :hug:

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 02:47 PM
OK - I now know I am seriously addicted! Haven't been able to access MTF for hours until now :bigcry: And was going crazy! The site seems to have been down all morning here, plus also my server went down last night - so -Misha - sorry I disappoeared :o

Anyway - it's all back now :bounce: And good luck tonight Nole :hug:

Thx Rose:hug:

Carlita about forum a minute ago: 'I have no idea what's wrong but I got in touch with the head office and they will be working on it as we speak ;)'. And it works:dance:

arm
07-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Ajde Nole! :hug:

Can't watch you, but you need to get used to that. :lol: Please don't do what you did last time I didn't watch you. :unsure: :lol:

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Ana:hug:

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Raquel :wavey: Can't you tell Nole you are going to watch him?:awww:That way he won't get upset before the start of the match? Once he is on court he won't know the difference ;) When are you coming back to us - I miss you? :awww:

Misha :hug:

arm
07-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Ana:hug:

:wavey:

Raquel :wavey: Can't you tell Nole you are going to watch him?:awww:That way he won't get upset before the start of the match? Once he is on court he won't know the difference ;) When are you coming back to us - I miss you? :awww:

Misha :hug:

I can, but you know we are soul mates, he will know if I am watching or not. :awww: :lol:

But Nole, don't worry, I will certainly be thinking bout you. :inlove: And nice thoughts.:devil:

I miss you all too :awww:

My flight is at 9am next Friday. :)

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 03:21 PM

I can, but you know we are soul mates, he will know if I am watching or not. :awww: :lol:

But Nole, don't worry, I will certainly be thinking bout you. :inlove: And nice thoughts.:devil:

I miss you all too :awww:

My flight is at 9am next Friday. :)

He is a man - they're not that bright :awww: Sorry Misha :hug: You are the exception. He won't now if you are subtle enough ;) Enjoy the rest of your holiday :hug:

arm
07-30-2008, 03:25 PM
:haha:

Well, I guess I could at least try then. ;) ut Nole is a smart guy, he understood last time eventhough I told him I would do anything to watch him. :awww: And I did, but everything wasn't enough. :sad:

It's siesta time now. :lol: I would rather be here than sleep. I'll sleep later. :p

He is a man - they're not that bright :awww: Sorry Misha :hug: You are the exception. He won't now if you are subtle enough ;) Enjoy the rest of your holiday :hug:

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Raquel, keep Nole for you;)

Rose, I understand:hug:

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Nole will be fine :) I trust in him :unsure:

See - I'm trying to do the "sunny, positive"thing - it doesn't feel easy for me - but I AM trying :lol:

arm
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Raquel, keep Nole for you;)

Rose, I understand:hug:

He doesn't want to be kept only for myself. :bigcry: Besides, I have the sharing rule with some ofmy friends here.. :nsure:

Nole will be fine :) I trust in him :unsure:

See - I'm trying to do the "sunny, positive"thing - it doesn't feel easy for me - but I AM trying :lol:

I can see that! And you did good! :lol: Don't worry, in 2 days I'll be bck nd you will be free from that vry diffuclt task. :lol:

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
He doesn't want to be kept only for myself. :bigcry: Besides, I have the sharing rule with some ofmy friends here.. :nsure:

I can see that! And you did good! :lol: Don't worry, in 2 days I'll be bck nd you will be free from that vry diffuclt task. :lol:

He will be in the Final by then :angel: See - I AM really trying :lol:

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Evening - I see I'm too late for the Tenerife terror....:wavey:

Am currently watching Murray and oh the bliss of the Sky red button - no commentary.

Anyway on Nole - are we downhearted? A resounding No! Shall watch the body language carefully tonight, mind you.

Hope things have calmed down a bit in Belgrade now.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Yes, Hague is his home now (Karadzic).

Murray can kill me. He's back now. And I don't know what to think about Novak. Does he want, does he have edge...

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Do you think that will stop the protests? Or will the hardliners now go all out for Tadic & co for catching him and letting him be extradited?

Would expect Nole to be more motivated by the USO and the HC season than by the Olympics. Apart from Agassi, I struggle to name any medallists in tennis TBH.

Guess we've all become too used to the high standards set by Fed in terms of number of matches won per year. By any other measure Nole is still having a terrific year.

kalisita
07-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, Murray is serving for the match against Querrey. Looks like Nole's match will be starting soon. Let's hope it's as quick and easy as it seems the first two on center court were!

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Do you think that will stop the protests? Or will the hardliners now go all out for Tadic & co for catching him and letting him be extradited?

Would expect Nole to be more motivated by the USO and the HC season than by the Olympics. Apart from Agassi, I struggle to name any medallists in tennis TBH.

Guess we've all become too used to the high standards set by Fed in terms of number of matches won per year. By any other measure Nole is still having a terrific year.

Sure have. Presure about him *and Ana & JJ* here is not that much any more. He becomes 5th news here in sports. Back to volleyball, basket, soccer...Hey, he was 19 when he beame national hero (Miami 2007). Of course his form, selfconfidence..had droped a bit. Maybe it is better now. He must know every match is tough match.

As for situation in Serbia I think protests are past tense (for now) but *as we know best* we'll find something to fight about. But you know what - whole situation was in Belgrade only. Organized protest, 'accidentaly' naughty boys... My dad didnt't know anything untill this morning. He was in our country house, resting, he hates TV.

It will be better.

camnation
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Dun dun dun... it's starting soon.

Hello, how is everyone doing today?

Jelena_78
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi :wavey:

Ajde Nole!!! :clap2:

I like the outfit :) it's better with white

Everything is back to normal, thanks Herdwick :hug:

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Sure have. Presure about him *and Ana & JJ* here is not that much any more. He becomes 5th news here in sports. Back to volleyball, basket, soccer...Hey, he was 19 when he beame national hero (Miami 2007). Of course his form, selfconfidence..had droped a bit. Maybe it is better now. He must know every match is tough match.

As for situation in Serbia I think protests are past tense (for now) but *as we know best* we'll find something to fight about. But you know what - whole situation was in Belgrade only. Organized protest, 'accidentaly' naughty boys... My dad didnt't know anything untill this morning. He was in our country house, resting, he hates TV.

It will be better.

Good. And yesterday did seem orchestrated if what I read is correct - '10,000+ bussed in from the country' etc.

Dun dun dun... it's starting soon.

Hello, how is everyone doing today?

Great thanks. Likewise I hope.

Babygro alert but with white shirt this time. Hmmm..we'll see

kalisita
07-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm officially worried. 0-40. :eek:

camnation
07-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Great thanks. Likewise I hope.

Babygro alert but with white shirt this time. Hmmm..we'll see
Good, thanks for asking. (As long as Nole doesn't lose of course ;))
White and blue! :hearts:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 07:37 PM
He's faced 7 BPs already! Saved them all, but none for Bolelli.

camnation
07-30-2008, 07:39 PM
He's serving at less than 50% so far. :o

kalisita
07-30-2008, 07:41 PM
He's serving at less than 50% so far. :o

And Bolelli is killing his 2nd serves!

He held finally! He's struggled on all but one of his serve games, while Bolelli is holding fairly easy.

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Gibbering here....

Jelena_78
07-30-2008, 07:43 PM
4:4 this was easy and fast :shrug:

C'mon Novak!

camnation
07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Easy hold this time! :woohoo:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
First easy hold! Now, make a dent in Bolelli's service game!

kalisita
07-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Bolelli now has won the same number of games in this set as he did in the entire match at the AO.

Please hold!

camnation
07-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Uh oh, tie break... :unsure:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Uh oh, tie break... :unsure:

I know! Last year, I would have been like "bring it on, he's great in TBs" but this year :unsure:

camnation
07-30-2008, 08:01 PM
I know! Last year, I would have been like "bring it on, he's great in TBs" but this year :unsure:
Exactly! What's happen to Nole's wonderful tie-break record...
On the bright side, yay for the mini-break!

camnation
07-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Whew! First set is his! :woohoo:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Yes! He won the TB 7-2. Let's hope he settles down and rolls in the second set!

Oh, crap! My stream just died! :sad: Please come back stream!

pookykiki
07-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Ouf I feel relieved! I have been watching the weather forecast channel during all the TB because I hate TB! But :woohoo:.

Jelena_78
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
:rocker2:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Still not making a dent on Bolelli's serve. :( Hopefully will continue to hold easier then in the start of the match.

camnation
07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Still not making a dent on Bolelli's serve. :( Hopefully will continue to hold easier then in the start of the match.
C'mon Nole, this is your chance! :rocker2:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
He broke! :D

camnation
07-30-2008, 08:17 PM
All right Nole, just consolidate your break... :unsure:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:18 PM
2 DFs in 1 game! :confused: Please don't get broken.

camnation
07-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh no, broken right back! :crying2:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:21 PM
I can't believe he double faulted his way to a break! 4 DFs in one game! WTF is going on Nole?

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Nerves seem to be shot to pieces.

Jelena_78
07-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh boy :tape:

AJDE!!!

I'd give anything just to know what's in his head lately :awww:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Now he's going back to harder time holding! Please hold and then break and continue to hold! Like you used to love to do!

camnation
07-30-2008, 08:29 PM
I'd give anything just to know what's in his head lately :awww:
His brain must have gone for a walk and gotten lost.

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
And he's gotten broken for the second game in a row. :eek:

neenah
07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Er...The scoreboard won't work on this laptop and it's not on TV...What's the score?? :unsure:

camnation
07-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Er...The scoreboard won't work on this laptop and it's not on TV...What's the score?? :unsure:
7-6(2) 3*-4 (Nole just broke back ;))

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:38 PM

Oh, he broke back! Good. Now he has to hold serve!

Nole won the first set 7-6(2) Bolelli leads 4-3 in 2nd, Nole back on serve.

neenah
07-30-2008, 08:38 PM

So he's not doing that horribly, score-wise :shrug: How's he playing?

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Don't ask. Bolelli is not playing consistently well enough to capitalise on it though...

neenah
07-30-2008, 08:41 PM
So it could be worse, no?

I'm going out now, hopefully he'll have the win by the time I get back :wavey:

(Knock on wood)

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:43 PM

So he's not doing that horribly, score-wise :shrug: How's he playing?

Badly IMO. He's 1st serve is at 55%. He's faced 12 BPs and been broken twice. He's only won 43%of second serve points. He used to hit lines and now he's missing them. :sad:

And now he has to hold in order to stay in the set.

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Alright. Now he has to hold again to force the TB. Let's go Nole! Another easy hold!

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi girls :wavey: I truly can't cope with watching this match without my trusty fellow Nole-fans on the Net :help: My nerves are shot to pieces :unsure: Ajde Nole!

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Frothing at the mouth here....another tie break.

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Alright. TB #2 coming up. Please win this one and get off this court.

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM
My Alex has gone to the pub - he says he won't come back til the match is over because I'm "twittering" too much :spit: Men - who needs 'em :rolleyes:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Oh, my stream died again! :sad:

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
5-1!

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 08:58 PM
My Alex has gone to the pub - he says he won't come back til the match is over because I'm "twittering" too much :spit: Men - who needs 'em :rolleyes:

JP has retreated upstairs muttering darkly!

*Ljubica*
6 - 1 :)

kalisita
5 MPs!

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 08:59 PM
JP has retreated upstairs muttering darkly!

They should have gone to the pub together :)

camnation
Thank God that's over.

amdany
phewww...:banana::banana:

Herdwick
Dear heaven - finally yes!

*Ljubica*
:woohoo: At last! But you better get your game together before the next match Nole :help:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh, he won! :dance: I'm more relieved then happy.

My stream came back but then died at MPs. How did he seem when he won?

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh, he won! :dance: I'm more relieved then happy.

My stream came back but then died at MPs. How did he seem when he won?

About as relieved as the rest of us :)

He's just been interviewed on our TV - said he didn't play well and that he had a lot to work on. He admitted that his serve wasn't working, and that it was VERY hot and humid out there, and he was stuiggling. He said Bolleli played well and pushed him. They asked him about the schedule this year - he was very diplomatic and wouldn't say anything bad - just said all the top players were not happy with the lack of rest between tournaments.

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Just been interviewed; realistic, admitted he had much to improve, still seems subdued.

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Just been interviewed; realistic, admitted he had much to improve, still seems subdued.

I'm wondering if he might have that stomach virus the others have? He looks very tired and drawn :awww: Wanted to give him a hug :sad:

Btw - I love the blue :inlove: He looks so cute in it :)

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Dear heaven - finally yes!

:woohoo: At last! But you better get your game together before the next match Nole :help:

Thank God that's over.

You know what - during the match I thought we are sweating, eating our nails, getting nervous...and he behave like...whatever, I don't care.

Definetly Nole is out of form, unsecure, self confidence is out there. As Herdwick said he must collet himself, put together again, reast and try to slow down 'self' expectations. He lost his edge, that hurt's. Last year with Baghdatis, Stepanek he had this bliss in his eyes, now he is like - 'Oh, do I have to'?

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Berdych and Seppi still going hell for leather...guess I'd prefer Berdych.

The blue is much better paired with the white top certainly. Still can't take to the shorts though (they're not see-through either).

Agree he does look vulnerable at present. :hug:

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Berdych and Seppi still going hell for leather...guess I'd prefer Berdych.

Berdych is one of my fav but for Novak Seppi is better, for this Novak.

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Looks like you may get your wish - Seppi's just broken. But he's not the pushover this year he once was.

Nole looks bewildered and deflated to me; certainly both the enjoyment and the fire have gone from him at present. Sad...

scoobs
07-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi all

Well it wasn't totally convincing but he still got it done in the end. Not looking like he was having much fun today though.

I gather it's tough to have fun in Cincy though - not a centre of wonders when you're not on court and very hot and humid when you are on court...

Seppi leads Berdych by a break final set and will serve for it so looks like another Italian next. He should get through that one okay really. Maybe he'll get a bit of pep back too. A bit weird to see him like this.

kalisita
07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
About as relieved as the rest of us :)

He's just been interviewed on our TV - said he didn't play well and that he had a lot to work on. He admitted that his serve wasn't working, and that it was VERY hot and humid out there, and he was stuiggling. He said Bolleli played well and pushed him. They asked him about the schedule this year - he was very diplomatic and wouldn't say anything bad - just said all the top players were not happy with the lack of rest between tournaments.

His serve hasn't been working for some time now. I'm used to him getting way more aces then DFs. I thought it was just because it was clay and then he had a short grass season. I was hoping his first serve would be much better on hard. Let's hope he's in better form tomorrow, especially because he'll probably get an early match when it'll be the hottest.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm wondering if he might have that stomach virus the others have? He looks very tired and drawn :awww: Wanted to give him a hug :sad:

Btw - I love the blue :inlove: He looks so cute in it :)

I read today Novak was complained. This morning he had problems with breathing. Humidity is huge in Cincy (as you know it's his worst enemy).

Or he faking?:cool:

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Heaven help him in Beijing then. He doesn't react well to long flights either (I sympathise there; nor do I)

Don't give Kitinov any more ammo please...

Jelena_78
Hi girls :wavey: I truly can't cope with watching this match without my trusty fellow Nole-fans on the Net :help: My nerves are shot to pieces :unsure: Ajde Nole!

:spit:

Glad he won it :)
This is his best career result in Cinci :p
Keep going Novakito! :clap2:
Good luck!

*Ljubica*

I read today Novak was complained. This morning he had problems with breathing. Humidity is huge in Cincy (as you know it's his worst enemy).

Or he faking?:cool:

No doubt GM will say he's faking :rolleyes:

Herdwick - the shorts may not be see-through, but they are shorter and much tighter than those that some of the players wear these days! Not that I was looking of course :o

scoobs
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
No doubt GM will say he's faking :rolleyes:

Herdwick - the shorts may not be see-through, but they are shorter and much tighter than those that some of the players wear these days! Not that I was looking of course :o
No, he wasn't faking - I imagine those conditions do aggravate his breathing problems, and it was very hot and humid today and he got his match pretty much at the hottest part of the day - 3-4pm.

Nor was he trying to engineer tiebreaks either to improve his tiebreak record. An idea I find really quite strange.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Heaven help him in Beijing then. He doesn't react well to long flights either (I sympathise there; nor do I)

Must tell you it is so good for him Masters will move from Shanghai. About flight you said enough.

kalisita
07-30-2008, 09:37 PM

I'm worried about the rest of the summer season. He has long flight to Beijing, horrible breathing conditions in Beijing, and then long flight back to New York. It's even more troublesome that he doesn't seem to motivated at the moment. Let's hope he rises for the big occassions.

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Honestly think Roddick's the one with the right idea about the Olympics. They're not worth it.

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 09:41 PM
No, he wasn't faking - I imagine those conditions do aggravate his breathing problems, and it was very hot and humid today and he got his match pretty much at the hottest part of the day - 3-4pm.

Nor was he trying to engineer tiebreaks either to improve his tiebreak record. An idea I find really quite strange.

Almost everything that is said on GM is strange :tape: And of course he wasn't faking - but then that won't stop the haters will it?

Kalista - I honestly don't expect too much for the rest of the Summer Season - I think he has more chance of making up some points back in Europe in the Madrid/Paris part of the season. He has very little to defend at tis time of the year and no long journeys.

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Honestly think Roddick's the one with the right idea about the Olympics. They're not worth it.

I actually agree with you - the long journey, the humidity, the dreadful air polutuon- not to mention the whole political/human rights issues, which I accept have no place on a tennis Forum - but I sure as hell wouldn't go there - Roddick was wise. But - Nole will want to win a medal for his country -I can sympathise with that, and I guess we have to support him all the way there :)

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Berdych-Seppi? My live scores is broken.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 09:49 PM

:worship: And Rose, don't tell twice about Novak's wish. I am not sure.

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Seppi. 7-5 in the 3rd.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Seppi. 7-5 in the 3rd.

Thx. About OI wish medal for country - did you know almost half of us basket representatives refused to go. Thay all have various excuses. 5 of them are in NBA. They feel like this is wasting time (or better - money).

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
No -I didn't know about the basketball thing. Then they are wise too:)

As for Seppi - just hope he will be very tired tomorrow :)

kalisita
07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Thx. About OI wish medal for country - did you know almost half of us basket representatives refused to go. Thay all have various excuses. 5 of them are in NBA. They feel like this is wasting time (or better - money).

I think that's usually the case with soccer teams as well. Even though I personally don't think tennis should be in the Olympics, I guess it does say something that so many of the sports top players are going.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 10:08 PM
No -I didn't know about the basketball thing. Then they are wise too:)

As for Seppi - just hope he will be very tired tomorrow :)

Rose, not that wise. I am mad (whole country) when they refused to play in OI. Money talks...as always. Jelena's (both) knows that.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I think that's usually the case with soccer teams as well. Even though I personally don't think tennis should be in the Olympics, I guess it does say something that so many of the sports top players are going.

True:wavey:

Herdwick
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I didn't know that. Money talks.

Soccer players are restricted in the OG by age and number of international caps. So you'll usually not get the biggest names there.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I didn't know that. Money talks.

Soccer players are restricted in the OG by age and number of international caps. So you'll usually not get the biggest names there.

Yes, there was special quallifies for OI, only amateutrs if you remember. But *Jelena_78, javi se*, you should see our watter polo and volleyball players. They all want to go, it is the matter of honour for them. And they played in the richest clubs all over Europe, money is irrelevant.

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I fully admit that I am not the kind of person that gets excited about things like the Olympics, and the same with Davis Cup. The whole nationalism in sport thing scares me somewhat -I'm not comfortbale with it. However, I do know that many people do, and I respect their views - everyone is different and entitled to their own opinions and should do what they feel most comfortable doing.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Well, I am against tennis in OI. I watch only swimm and athletics. Course and every other where Serbia has something to say:)

Lee
07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm worried about this too. They didn't advertise his match yesterday. The line-up they showed was Blake, Querry, Nadal. I don't see how they can show Nadal unless they go over 7 pm, but I'm afraid they may show taped Blake instead of live tennis. :sad:

TTC is showing Querry vs Murray. :banghead: There on court my 2 favourites playing each other and no TV. :sobbing: It's ridiculus that the TV coverages for all 3 masters in US are worse than overseas. This is how unreal for US tennis fans.

btw, kalisita, the Nadal night match will probably on tape delay at midnight eastern time on TTC.

Lee
07-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Glad I have some excuses to get out of the house instead of following live score, which doesn't work on my desktop.

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Well, I am against tennis in OI. I watch only swimm and athletics. Course and every other where Serbia has something to say:)

I'll probably only watch the tennis - and that only to see Nole, Janko and Dima :o The rest of it really doesn't interest me at all :o Do you know if there will be a livestream for tennis? I remember last year, we had very little on TV here until the semi-final stages.

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
My live stream is broken. But I can see Nole at our state TV (mute sound):)

kalisita
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
TTC is showing Querry vs Murray. :banghead: There on court my 2 favourites playing each other and no TV. :sobbing: It's ridiculus that the TV coverages for all 3 masters in US are worse than overseas. This is how unreal for US tennis fans.

btw, kalisita, the Nadal night match will probably on tape delay at midnight eastern time on TTC.

Right now the schedule still says Rogers Cup Final, but who knows? I can't believe they're skipping both Cincy and Montreal night sessions to broadcast World Team Tennis. They must have been payed a butt load of money.

*Ljubica*
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Ok people - I am off to bed now :zzz: Have to be prepared for another round of stressing with Novak tomorrow :rolleyes: Goodnight :wavey:

Jelena_78
07-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes, there was special quallifies for OI, only amateutrs if you remember. But *Jelena_78, javi se*, you should see our watter polo and volleyball players. They all want to go, it is the matter of honour for them. And they played in the richest clubs all over Europe, money is irrelevant.

:p here I am :dance:

Yep :worship: for our waterpolo and volleyball players!

As for basketball players, their attitude towards national team (after Gods that ruled and won 3 European gold medals in '95, '97 and 2001,bronze in '99, 2 World gold medals in '98 and 2002, and Olympic silver in '96 :worship: :worship: :worship: ) has been :o since 2003...
and they have not qualified for Beijing but will play qualies for European Championship for the first time after '95.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Back on subject... Noleeeeeee!!! :clap2: Good luck vs Seppi!

Jelena_78
07-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Ok people - I am off to bed now :zzz: Have to be prepared for another round of stressing with Novak tomorrow :rolleyes: Goodnight :wavey:

Good night Rosie :hug: :wavey:

Okonsky
07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
:secret:Jelena, Iran kiled us:lol:

Jelena_78
07-30-2008, 10:59 PM
:secret:Jelena, Iran kiled us:lol:

I saw that :o we beat Russia and then we lose to Iran...tsk,tsk...long and tiring trip they said :p

:yawn: Night everyone :wavey:

kalisita
07-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Order of play on center for tomorrow:

[7] J Blake (USA) vs E Gulbis (LAT)
Not Before 1:00 PM
A Seppi (ITA) vs [3] N Djokovic (SRB)
[1] R Federer (SUI) vs [16] I Karlovic (CRO)
T Haas (GER) vs F Serra (FRA) or [2] R Nadal (ESP)
[1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [8] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL)

Lee
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
So Nole's match will be live on ESPN tomorrow. :dance:

But I won't be around tomorrow. :banghead:

arm
07-31-2008, 12:20 AM
From your posts here I can see it wasn't a good match. :unsure:

What should we think? Is he saving himself for later rounds? Or is he really down? How did he look, his facial expression? Happy, sad?

Okonsky
07-31-2008, 12:51 AM
How did he look, his facial expression? Happy, sad?

Face was like - 'whatever'.

njnetswill
07-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Yep :worship: for our waterpolo and volleyball players!

As for basketball players, their attitude towards national team (after Gods that ruled and won 3 European gold medals in '95, '97 and 2001,bronze in '99, 2 World gold medals in '98 and 2002, and Olympic silver in '96 :worship: :worship: :worship: ) has been :o since 2003...
and they have not qualified for Beijing but will play qualies for European Championship for the first time after '95.

My dad loved the Yugoslav basketball team and the players who made it to the NBA (like Vlade Divac) Probably the reason why I also cheer for ex-Yugoslav athletes. :p

Serbian water polo rules. :worship: Too bad Montenegro split, or else Serbia & Montenegro would win gold for sure. :lol:

Okonsky
07-31-2008, 02:07 AM
Montenegro def. Serbia in European Ch final.

neenah
07-31-2008, 02:44 AM
Okay, Nole won. Sometimes a tough win can prove more than an easy win. Not that it's a good sign :shrug: But still. Hopefully I'll be able to watch his next match - I can't remember the last time I watched him play :sad:

smileitsmyan
07-31-2008, 04:15 AM
did Bolelli give him a good match or was Nole not so hot? geez that was a tight win...

*Ljubica*
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
did Bolelli give him a good match or was Nole not so hot? geez that was a tight win...

Well - in my opinion,- Bolelli didn't really give him a good match. He played OK in patches, but he was helped by lots of Nole's unforced errors, bad serving, and general poor play :sad: Nole was only saved by the fact that Bolelli has never beaten a Top 10 player before, so everytime he had a break point or a real strong chance (such as in both tie-breaks), he seemed to choke, and Nole took his opportunities and was undoubtedly greatful for them. In my opinion, if that had been Gulbis, Andreev, Isner, or a whole host of other "lower" players out there instead of Bolelli, Nole would be on the plane back to Belgrade by now :sad:

Sorry - if that seems harsh - but I always tell it like it is :shrug: I adore Nole, and I am desparately sad that he is obviously in some sort of bad moment mentally right now (whether tired, lacking in confidence after Wimbledon, suffering with breathing probems in the Cinci humidity, or other personal issues I don't know), but I can't say he's playing great when he isn't. Having said that -I love him - I will always support him,I'm not going to stop supporting him at a time when he needs his fans more than ever - and I will be cheering like crazy in front of my TV tonight, same as always :)

Ajde Nole :bigclap:

And yes Raquel - Misha's description of "whatever" is the best way I could describe the look on Nole's face too.

Pepi.
07-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Good luck today Nole :D

Okonsky
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
:wavey: to all. Lets hold fingers for Novak today.

kalisita
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Well - in my opinion,- Bolelli didn't really give him a good match. He played OK in patches, but he was helped by lots of Nole's unforced errors, bad serving, and general poor play :sad: Nole was only saved by the fact that Bolelli has never beaten a Top 10 player before, so everytime he had a break point or a real strong chance (such as in both tie-breaks), he seemed to choke, and Nole took his opportunities and was undoubtedly greatful for them. In my opinion, if that had been Gulbis, Andreev, Isner, or a whole host of other "lower" players out there instead of Bolelli, Nole would be on the plane back to Belgrade by now

I think you're absolutely correct, which is why I'm worried about Seppi today. Even though he's never won a set against Nole in the 3 matches they've had, Seppi is more experienced then Bolelli. If he's given as many opportunities as Bolelli was, I think Seppi will be able to capitalize better. He has to be feeling confident, too, after beating Berdych yesterday. Let's hope Nole plays better today.

*Ljubica*
07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
I think you're absolutely correct, which is why I'm worried about Seppi today. Even though he's never won a set against Nole in the 3 matches they've had, Seppi is more experienced then Bolelli. If he's given as many opportunities as Bolelli was, I think Seppi will be able to capitalize better. He has to be feeling confident, too, after beating Berdych yesterday. Let's hope Nole plays better today.

I'm kind of hoping he can't play as bad a match as that again:help: But only time will tell. Can you watch the match Kalista?

Misha :wavey::hug:

kalisita
07-31-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm kind of hoping he can't play as bad a match as that again:help: But only time will tell. Can you watch the match Kalista?

Misha :wavey::hug:

I hope so. I have errands to run so I might miss the beginning of the match. ESPN2 here is supposed to show Cinci "live" from 1-5, but since Blake plays at 11, I'm hoping they don't show Blake's taped match. Tennis coverage is so crappy here in the US I half expect it. :unsure: But, luckily, I can usually find a stream. :)

arm
07-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Face was like - 'whatever'.

Well - in my opinion,- Bolelli didn't really give him a good match. He played OK in patches, but he was helped by lots of Nole's unforced errors, bad serving, and general poor play :sad: Nole was only saved by the fact that Bolelli has never beaten a Top 10 player before, so everytime he had a break point or a real strong chance (such as in both tie-breaks), he seemed to choke, and Nole took his opportunities and was undoubtedly greatful for them. In my opinion, if that had been Gulbis, Andreev, Isner, or a whole host of other "lower" players out there instead of Bolelli, Nole would be on the plane back to Belgrade by now :sad:

Sorry - if that seems harsh - but I always tell it like it is :shrug: I adore Nole, and I am desparately sad that he is obviously in some sort of bad moment mentally right now (whether tired, lacking in confidence after Wimbledon, suffering with breathing probems in the Cinci humidity, or other personal issues I don't know), but I can't say he's playing great when he isn't. Having said that -I love him - I will always support him,I'm not going to stop supporting him at a time when he needs his fans more than ever - and I will be cheering like crazy in front of my TV tonight, same as always :)

Ajde Nole :bigclap:

And yes Raquel - Misha's description of "whatever" is the best way I could describe the look on Nole's face too.

Ok, now I am officially in panic. :scared:

Will he raise his game today¿? I am soo worried right now, what the ell is going on, Nole? :sad:

*Ljubica*
07-31-2008, 03:50 PM
I hope so. I have errands to run so I might miss the beginning of the match. ESPN2 here is supposed to show Cinci "live" from 1-5, but since Blake plays at 11, I'm hoping they don't show Blake's taped match. Tennis coverage is so crappy here in the US I half expect it. :unsure: But, luckily, I can usually find a stream. :)

I wish you luck. It's only when I read posts from US posters that I realise how lucky we are with tennis TV coverage in the UK :) Nole probably will clash with Andy Murray tonight - but luckily we have interractive coverage here with a choice of two courts :) So I will still be able to see him - though Murray is playing Dima (my other fave) -so I may have to flick between the two channels :o

Raquel - please don't be scared :hug: We do need you back here though - rays of sunshine needed now :)

Herdwick
07-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Evening - *swallows rather nervously* - not looking really forward to tonight.

Concur totally; had he been playing someone with more backbone last night his interest in Cincy would have ended there. Seppi is better on clay though than on HC, movement-wise so we must hope Nole can battle through again.

Just catching the end of Ernie's match - his forehand looks to have Nole-itis and I've counted 3 catastrophic DSs already.

And yes; we are incredibly lucky in the UK with Sky, albeit at a price. I'm not aware that anywhere in the world has better coverage.

neenah
07-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Tennis comes on TV in a half hour so that should mean I'll see Nole. :D

The coverage is from 1-5pm or something like that, something that cuts horribly into my beach time :( So I'll watch what I can...

Lee
07-31-2008, 05:37 PM
I won't be home when ESPN's coverage supposed to end and TTC continues. So I have to automatically switched the channels. Let's hope ESPN won't mess up by extending coverage although ESPN may not really have "live" coverage. :tape:

Herdwick
07-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Babygro alert but this time with the orange. The white is definitely a better combination.

kalisita
07-31-2008, 06:16 PM
First DF of the match! That first serve was way out.

camnation
07-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Argghhh loss of serve already!

Herdwick
07-31-2008, 06:22 PM
But fortunately Seppi is similarly afflicted..

kalisita
07-31-2008, 06:24 PM
But fortunately Seppi is similarly afflicted..

The commentators here say he always has problems with his serve. So, at least that should go in Nole's favor. Held at love that time!

kalisita
07-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Nole seems to be more aggressive on the returns today. That's a step in the right direction (though Seppi's soft serves help). Now, he needs confidence on his own serve!

Herdwick
07-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Better and FH is perking up a bit too.

kalisita
07-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Now he has a hat on. I wonder how many times he'll put it on, take it off, repeat!

arm
07-31-2008, 06:48 PM
How is he doing? Better?

I couldn't stay away, had to come to follow live score!

camnation
07-31-2008, 06:49 PM
To the coverage-blessed people out there, how is Nole doing? Has he upped his game (which wouldn't be hard to do from yesterday) or is Seppi just playing poorly?