The Tennis "Happy Families" project [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Tennis "Happy Families" project

tedlesurfeur
07-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Dimafans and especially Tedinettes :wavey:

So, I have this crazy idea (and when I have a crazy idea, you can be sure I'll do everything possible for it to happen) of having our own tennis happy families game.

We can design it all together, and then I'll figure out how to get it printed.

Happy Families is a traditional card game. In the UK it is traditionnaly played with a specially made set of picture cards, featuring illustrations of fictional families of four, most often based on occupation types. The idea of the game is to collect whole families. This is done by asking another player whether they have a certain card. If they don't have it, it is their turn to ask. If they do, they have to pass it to the first player, who can ask again. Play continues until a player matches all of his or her cards into family groups.

In Europe it's exactly the same, except we play with fictional families of 6 members (The father, the mother, the son, the daughter, the grand-pa, the grand-ma)

I had this idea of having the game adapted to tennis !!! :dance:
We don't have to limit ourselves to 6 members, we can easily go up to 8.

We can have many families as well (I think that more than 13 families woulb be too much, but that's my personal opinion.

I thought of 11 families so far (not necessarily based upon countries, but rather on "zones")

Tell me what you think, and feel free to adjust it !!!! :wavey:
I don't think we should have "father, mother, son.. etc." but I don't know what categorie to adopt. I came up with names, but add or remove whatever you want.

1) The Big Cold Family (please, come up with better titles :lol:)
(roughly: russia, scandinavia, latvia...)
we have to pick 8 (or more) out of the following:
Gulbis
Borg
Johansson
Kafelnikov
Sharapova
Safin
Myskina
Dementieva
Youzhny
Tursunov
Kuznetsova
Chakvetadze
Kirilenko
Andreev
Wilander
Edberg

2) Baila mi corazon :lol: (roughly, spanish speaking countries + brazil)
Nadal
Ferrero
Moya
Sabatini
Vilas
Gaudio
Nalbandian
Bueno
Kuerten
Coria
Martinez
Sanchez
Dulko
Suarez
Gonzalez
Massu
Robredo
Medina

3) Captain America :lol:
Serena
Roddick
Venus
Blake
Davenport
Capriati
Agassi
Ashe
Navratilova
Evert
King
McEnroe
Connors
Fernandez

(I'll continue on a second post)

tedlesurfeur
07-22-2008, 09:10 PM
4) Yugoslavia (bad title :sad:)
Djokovic
Ivanovic
Jankovic
Tipsarevic
Ljubicic
Ancic
Majoli
Zimonjic
Srebotnik
Lucic
Seles
Ivanisevic

5)Pacific warriors :lol: (roughly: australia, japan, china)
Hewitt
Sugiyama
Goolagong
O'Neil
Dokic
Molik
Laver
Li
Date
Court-Smith
Knowles
Rafter
Philipoussis
Stosur
Stubbs..

6)High in the Alps ? :lol: (roughly : switzerland, austria..)
Federer
Hingis
Wawrinka
Schnyder
Gagliardi
Backinsky
Müster
Schett
Rosset
Melzer...

7)Eiffel Tower :lol:
Gasquet
Mauresmo
Durr
Tsonga
Mathieu
Simon
Pierce
Golovin
Bartoli
Clement
Grosjean
Pioline
Tauziat
Noah
Leconte...

8)North Sea Gods :lol: (roughly: Belgium, Netherlands, UK)
Henin
Murray
Clijsters
Krajicek
Henman
Rochus
Malisse
Appelmans
Verkek
Haarhuis
Siemerink
Wade...

9)The deep forests of central europe :lol: (roughly : Germany, Czek Rep., Slovakia)
Graf
Haas
Vaidisova
Stitch
Lendl
Kiefer
Kohlschreiber
Hantuchova
Stepanek
Berdyck
Hrbaty
Korda
Mandlikova
Becker..

10)Mediterranean Sun :lol: (roughly : Italy, Grece, The Balkans, Israel, The Maghreb)

Baghdatis
Schiavone
Pavel
Szavay
Mirnyi
Nastase
Pietrangelli
Farina Elia
Pennetta
Sanguinetti
Bolelli
Seppi
Daniilidou
Peer
El Aynaoui...

11) Indian Ocean (roughly: South Africa, India..)
Mirza
Black
Black
Coetzer
Paes
Bhupathi
Ullyett
Ferreira
Moodie
De Swardt...

tedlesurfeur
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Feel free to sort them out differently :worship: or create your own categories, I came up with those, but I may be wrong. Or you may think it's badly organized.

Anyway, I guess we'll vote in the end :lol:

jhappy
07-23-2008, 03:21 AM
:worship: what a interesting idea, Ted! :worship:

As for the Yugoslavia title.. how bout Powerkeg (since it was the centre of the Balkan Powder keg violence)... yeah I don't know. Hopefully someone comes up with something better.

*Elsie*
07-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Great idea Ted :yeah: But if we design and print it, how on earth can we play it? Or are we supposed to play it at your housewarmingparty in December? :lol:

As for groupe 3, bad title indeed :o How about "the beasty boys from the Balkans"? :D Oh and btw, this is a menstennisforum ;)

Only one Dutchie :speakles: Could we include Martin Verkerk? After all he played a RG final. You can also pick Haarhuis or Siemerink :angel:

tedlesurfeur
07-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Great idea Ted :yeah: But if we design and print it, how on earth can we play it? Or are we supposed to play it at your housewarmingparty in December? :lol:

As for groupe 3, bad title indeed :o How about "the beasty boys from the Balkans"? :D Oh and btw, this is a menstennisforum ;)

Only one Dutchie :speakles: Could we include Martin Verkerk? After all he played a RG final. You can also pick Haarhuis or Siemerink :angel:

I know this is menstennisforum :lol: but sticking to the concept of happy families, and as I'm NOT creating two games (one for MTF, the other for WTAW, no way), I'm creating only one sole game :lol:

So your title isn't satisfying :lol: at all :lol: Elsie, usually you're somewhere near perfection, but this morning I happen to quite disagree with you :lol:

Including Verkek, Haarhuis and Siemerink ? sure... just remember a final vote from members will decide who we keep in the different families :angel:

tedlesurfeur
07-23-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm not satisfied with families 10 and 11. There's no one in them :sad: we should find a way to meddle them into whatever. :lol:

Oh, I forgot, once we have decided the players, we'll have to choose the right pictures for the print out :p

*Elsie*
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I know this is menstennisforum :lol: but sticking to the concept of happy families, and as I'm NOT creating two games (one for MTF, the other for WTAW, no way), I'm creating only one sole game :lol:

So your title isn't satisfying :lol: at all :lol: Elsie, usually you're somewhere near perfection, but this morning I happen to quite disagree with you :lol:

Including Verkek, Haarhuis and Siemerink ? sure... just remember a final vote from members will decide who we keep in the different families :angel:So you disagree :fiery: In your firtst post you said "tell me what you think and feel free to adjust it" :devil:

As for the title of groupe 3 :scratch: Beasty boys and bitches form the Balkans :angel:

*Elsie*
07-23-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm not satisfied with families 9 and 10. There's no one in them :sad: we should find a way to meddle them into whatever. :lol:

Oh, I forgot, once we have decided the players, we'll have to choose the right pictures for the print out :pI am not satisfied with family 9 neither, where tf is Arazi? :shout:

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 11:03 AM
:lol: Thomas - interesting idea. Definiately NOT Yugoslavia though - that is NOT a good name at all :tape: As I happen to think the people in that group are undoubtedly the best looking of all the teams (well apart from Ljubicić :tape: ), I'm inclined to name them something like "Balkan Beauties" :inlove: But others may not agree :o And where the hell are Troicki, Vemić, Krajinović :inlove: and Pashanski? Not to mention the stunningly gorgeous Marin Cilić?:angel:

Oh - and can't the UK one have Jamie Murray too? Or poor Andy will be alone without his brother :awww: And where are Chris Eaton, Alex Bogdanović and Laura Robson? :angel:

You'll wish you hadn't asked for contributions now :p

*Elsie*
07-23-2008, 11:15 AM
:lol: Thomas - interesting idea. Definiately NOT Yugoslavia though - that is NOT a good name at all :tape: As I happen to think the people in that group are undoubtedly the best looking of all the teams (well apart from Ljubicić :tape: ), I'm inclined to name them something like "Balkan Beauties" :inlove: But others may not agree :o And where the hell are Troicki, Vemić, Krajinović :inlove: and Pashanski? Not to mention the stunningly gorgeous Marin Cilić?:angel:

Oh - and can't the UK one have Jamie Murray too? Or poor Andy will be alone without his brother :awww: And where are Chris Eaton, Alex Bogdanović and Laura Robson? :angel:

You'll wish you hadn't asked for contributions now :p:haha: I don't agree on "Balkan Beauties" as long as Ljubicic and Jankovic are in it :tape:

Oh and Germany is Western Europe not central Europe. And who tf is Durr?

:lol: Poor Teddo :smooch: As least you can't say we don't contribute :p

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:05 PM
:haha: I don't agree on "Balkan Beauties" as long as Ljubicic and Jankovic are in it :tape:

Oh and Germany is Western Europe not central Europe. And who tf is Durr?

:lol: Poor Teddo :smooch: As least you can't say we don't contribute :p

I think I am the only person in the world, who actually thinks Janković is attractive :o I do agree about Ljubo though - he has a face only a Mother could love - and of course, soon to become the proud father of a little Ljubo :help: (Hope it looks like Aida and not him!)

Francoise Durr was an old French player - back in the 60's and 70's........ but have to say if we're including her,- where the hell is Tim Henman? :awww:

As you say - poor Teddo - he'll wish he never started this with all us demanding women wanting our own way :lol:

tedlesurfeur
07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
I think I am the only person in the world, who actually thinks Janković is attractive :o I do agree about Ljubo though - he has a face only a Mother could love - and of course, soon to become the proud father of a little Ljubo :help: (Hope it looks like Aida and not him!)

Francoise Durr was an old French player - back in the 60's and 70's........ but have to say if we're including her,- where the hell is Tim Henman? :awww:

As you say - poor Teddo - he'll wish he never started this with all us demanding women wanting our own way :lol:

It's just that I wrote the list on the spur of the moment, so I forgot many players, that is OBVIOUS :lol:

Please copy and paste the lists, adding whoever you think should be added :lol:

Elsie, Germany is central Europe to me :lol: I may be confused but it's pretty central to me :lol:

Elsie, watch your language :mad: where do you think you are? :mad: You shouldn't swear, there are ladies present :hatoff:

Balkans for families 3 ??? The Balkans include many more countries then, like romania, bulgaria, greece..

Oh, but I made a mistake, the Djokovic family should be No.4 :lol:

but-it's-ok
07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Ted, I havent really got the strength to oppose anything you have put in there, but I probably will at some point. The titles could do with changing perhaps, but my imagination is empty at the moment:o. Great idea you have:yeah:

tedlesurfeur
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Ted, I havent really got the strength to oppose anything you have put in there, but I probably will at some point. The titles could do with changing perhaps, but my imagination is empty at the moment:o. Great idea you have:yeah:

Thank you :wavey:

Yes, if you can come up with better titles, that would be great

What do you agree with ? The Pacific family ? The Eiffel family ? :lol:

Il Primo Uomo
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Is the constitution of the families can only be based on geographic areas? I mean, is it possible to create families such as "The Ballbasher mansion", or "The Hotties hood", you know, stuff like that?

tedlesurfeur
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Is the constitution of the families can only be based on geographic areas? I mean, is it possible to create families such as "The Ballbasher mansion", or "The Hotties hood", you know, stuff like that?

Sure.
I personally think it's a brilliant idea, but then it means we all have to agree on if such or such player is ballbasher.

Some people will say "no he isn't" and some people "yes he is".

You may suggest your own lists, and I hope everybody will mostly agree.

Il Primo Uomo
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Sure.
I personally think it's a brilliant idea, but then it means we all have to agree on if such or such player is ballbasher.

Some people will say "no he isn't" and some people "yes he is".

You may suggest your own lists, and I hope everybody will mostly agree.

Well, you might have a point. But considering my bashing ways, I'd rather keep my ideas for myself, especially into Tursunov's corner :p :o

tedlesurfeur
07-23-2008, 03:58 PM
see ??
But we can come up with categories we would all agree on.

Not so many people have ideas :lol:

*Elsie*
07-23-2008, 04:02 PM
I think I am the only person in the world, who actually thinks Janković is attractive :o Jankovic attractive :bolt:
Elsie, Germany is central Europe to me :lol: I may be confused but it's pretty central to me :lol: According to Wikipedia "Deutschland ist ein in Mitteleuropa gelegener Bundesstaat" Sorry Teddo, autant pour moi :o
Elsie, watch your language :mad: where do you think you are? :mad: You shouldn't swear, there are ladies present :hatoff:Ladies? Where? :lol: Besides, saying tf is not the same as swearing :angel:

tedlesurfeur
07-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Rose is a lady, aren't I right Rosie :hug:

*Elsie*
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Rose is a lady, aren't I right Rosie :hug:Except when she says what she thinks about the hulk ;) :angel: :tape:

*Elsie*
07-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Of course I am Ted :inlove: Love you too :kiss:

And Elsie dear - even when i say what i think about him :spit: I don't attack hs family, or express desires to see them physicaly hurt like some people here do against the players they dislike :p Oh and I don't call other posters :retard: or mentally challenged either :pI know sweetiepie :hug: I never said you did did I? I was speaking about the unladylike words you use such as f***king b*****d ;)

but-it's-ok
07-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Can I very politely ask all of you not to use the 6 letter word that begins in r and ends in d smiley on here? I do find it rather offensive. No apology needed,just make sure you don't do it again naughty Tedinettes:p Thanks:hug: We're supposed to be deciding on Happy Families here:p:hug:

amdany
07-23-2008, 06:17 PM
great idea Thomas:yeah:, the Eiffel family is a great title:lol:

Mrs. Fabregas
07-23-2008, 08:36 PM

:worship: Wonderful idea, Tedhomas :p, and i agree on Eslie here ... when and where to play??

:awww: Where's Raemon :awww:

Rose is a lady, aren't I right Rosie :hug:

:awww: you forgot me :sad:

tedlesurfeur
07-23-2008, 10:49 PM
thank you, help the idea get substance please while I'm gone.

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY :scared: you won't see me for quite a while now :sad:

Take good care of yourselves :hatoff:

Ted

Aleka
07-24-2008, 01:19 AM

I totally agree on tyhe best looking bit and the Ljubicic one :rolls: And don't forget about Bozoljac :hearts: :p

Chris Eaton and Laura Robson :rocker2:

What about a blond/brunet? :D

*Ljubica*
07-24-2008, 10:49 AM
thank you, help the idea get substance please while I'm gone.

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY :scared: you won't see me for quite a while now :sad:

Take good care of yourselves :hatoff:

Ted

Thomas :hug: Good luck with everything - I'm sure the move will go fine:) We will miss you :awww: Look forward to seeing you back here once you're settled in your new home :hug:

Btw - Di - I totally agree wit you about the r***** smiley - I was merely using it as part of an illustratation about the words certain people in another player's forum use to describe me - sorry if it inadvertantly offended.

but-it's-ok
07-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Btw - Di - I totally agree wit you about the r***** smiley - I was merely using it as part of an illustratation about the words certain people in another player's forum use to describe me - sorry if it inadvertantly offended.

You used the illustration far too lightly, no-one on MTF, a Registered User or a player ever deserves such a label.... People wrongly use the word to mean someone who is without a brain....... It doesn't need to be used on here, anywhere on MTF,its insulting,its vile... Surely there was a better way to put it than that.... I thought you had more sensitivity than that.... Its too late to agree with me now you've used such a description....

Mrs. Fabregas
07-25-2008, 03:16 PM
:awww: girls, girls, no fight please :bigcry: .... We're here in the "Happy family" thread, remember ;)

tedlesurfeur
07-25-2008, 03:59 PM
This thread was left unattended :sad:

No one came up with categories :sad:

How am I supposed to work in such conditions? :lol:

jhappy
07-26-2008, 12:36 AM
This thread was left unattended :sad:

No one came up with categories :sad:

How am I supposed to work in such conditions? :lol:

-Oh, Ted! It's only because we're too busy arguing amongst ourselves on how to put your plan in action perfectly. When we get it right, we'll let you know. Buhbye!

but-it's-ok
07-26-2008, 10:10 PM
4)

7)Eiffel Tower :lol:
Gasquet
Mauresmo
Durr
Tsonga
Mathieu
Simon
Pierce
Golovin
Bartoli
Clement
Grosjean
Pioline
Tauziat
Noah
Leconte...

8)North Sea Gods :lol: (roughly: Belgium, Netherlands, UK)
Henin
Murray
Clijsters
Krajicek
Henman
Rochus
Malisse
Appelmans
Verkek
Haarhuis
Siemerink
Wade...

Ted 7. I suggest What an Eiffel for the title. And you left Melun's own Arnaud Boetsch out:awww:

8. Which Rochus? There are two, my vote would be for Oli Rochus, but theres Christophe Rochus too;)

tedlesurfeur
07-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Hear me out :

1) The Hit-Hards
Roddick
Sampras
Berdych
Gonzalez
Davenport
Seles
Venus
Pierce

2)The Runners
Nadal
Agassi
Ferrero
Davydenko
Graf
Sugiyama
Sanchez
Clijsters

3)The Look-at-mes
Djokovic
Becker
Monfils
Tursunov
Serena
Mattek
Capriati
Jankovic

4) The Brainiacs
Federer
Kuerten
Murray
Santoro
Hingis
Radwanska
Navratilova
Henin

5) The I'm-a-hotties
Blake
Moya
Lopez
Rafter
Hantuchova
Dementieva
Ivanovic
Sharapova

6) The Unpredictables
Gasquet
Nalbandian
Youzhny
Mathieu
Myskina
Mauresmo
Novotna
Kuznetsova

7)The Yellhouse
Safin
Coria
Hewitt
Gaudio
Petrova
Schnyder
Vaidisova
Safina

what do you think ? some players belong to several categories, but I had to make a choice

Aleka
07-28-2008, 09:13 PM
I think Sharapova much rather belongs to the Yellhouse group :lol:

tedlesurfeur
07-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I think Sharapova much rather belongs to the Yellhouse group :lol:

She screams, she doesn't yell (at herself or at empires)

Aleka
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
The Potty-Mouths

Andy Murray
Mario Ancic
Marat Safin
Maria Sharapova
David Ferrer
Serena Williams
Mardy Fish
Daniel Munoz de la Nava - this guy may be unknown to you guys, but I was at 2 of his matches and this guy has a potty-mouth worse than all of the tennis players put together. I was ashamed just sitting in the stands :tape:

Aleka
07-28-2008, 09:29 PM
She screams, she doesn't yell (at herself or at empires)

Ah, I see :p You make a good point!

*Elsie*
07-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Roger Federer in the same group as Kuerten, Santoro and Murray :tape:

Blake a hottie? Speak for yourself :bolt:

And where is Goran? :scratch:

Sorry, but you asked our opinion :p

*Ljubica*
07-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Roger Federer in the same group as Kuerten, Santoro and Murray :tape:

Blake a hottie? Speak for yourself :bolt:

And where is Goran? :scratch:

Sorry, but you asked our opinion :p

Goran is currently living in my signature :angel: Elsie - he was studio guest on Sky TV's final programme on Sunday - in fact he was the only reason I turned the TV on for that match :tape: And he was just ............ :drool: :inlove: :hearts:

As for Blake - no he is not a hottie - I'm with you on this too -I've never seen a man with such a strange shaped ar*se :o

Sorry Ted - but like Elsie said - you did ask:)

*Elsie*
07-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Goran is currently living in my signature :angel: Elsie - he was studio guest on Sky TV's final programme on Sunday - in fact he was the only reason I turned the TV on for that match :tape: And he was just ............ :drool: :inlove: :hearts:Rose :rolls: I know sweetie, you told us already :p

Ted got rid of all the Dutchies as well :speakles:

tedlesurfeur
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Rose :rolls: I know sweetie, you told us already :p

I had to get rid of a whole lot of people.

ok, here's an idea : we stick to these families, but you fill them up with whoever you like. Then we'll keep the most recurrent names

Remember the families :
1) Hit-hards (even ballbash, why not)
2) Runners (defense)
3) Look at me (show off)
4) brainiacs (think on court)
5) Hotties (or think they're hotties, lol)
6) Unpredictables (capable of the best like the worst, even chokers)
7) Yellhouse (yell or scream or get angry or upset on court)

Remember we need only 8 members per family, 4 men, 4 women. You can choose players back from the 90ies, not before that :lol:

Then once we decided who will be the families, we'll have to choose the right pictures, (ones that will suit the game cards that I'll take to the print out)

*Ljubica*
07-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Rose :rolls: I know sweetie, you told us already :p

Did I?:o Old age is obviously getting the better of me:o :lol: Anyway - with someone as hot as Goran - I think I'm allowed to say it twice ;)

He's missed out Tim too :o

So - Ted - am I now supposed to make up my own teams with these titles?(Sorry to be stupid :o) I know nothing about WTA though -so 'll have to keep your names there because I don't even know who half of them are :o

amdany
07-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Blake should be replaced either by Ancic:angel: or Tipsarevic:angel:

tedlesurfeur
07-29-2008, 06:45 PM
as long as you don't do your own lists, things won't change :shrug:

amdany
07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
your lists are good IMO:shrug: except Blake...

*Ljubica*
07-29-2008, 08:47 PM
as long as you don't do your own lists, things won't change :shrug:

OK - I promise I will give it my fullest attention when I get home tomorrow. I'm a bit busy watchng Federer losing to Gimepri at the moment :help: Come on Roger!

Mrs. Fabregas
07-30-2008, 08:15 PM
[SIZE="4"]Remember the families :
1) Hit-hards (even ballbash, why not)
2) Runners (defense)
3) Look at me (show off)

Remember we need only 8 members per family, 4 men, 4 women. You can choose players back from the 90ies, not before that :lol:

Then once we decided who will be the families, we'll have to choose the right pictures, (ones that will suit the game cards that I'll take to the print out

:wavey:

I do have to say that i liked the other "families" more then these :awww: I mean, i dunno where to put which player where :sad: ... As example, i can put marat into like family 1,5, 6 and 7 :eek: ... The country thing was so much easier :bigcry:

I vote for country "families" more then this, cuz we will never agree on the hotties etc. group, we have such a different taste (*cough* Rose and Mr :tape: Djok *cough* is just one example :angel:) and with the country thing, it's much more easier :cool: I also opt for an only ATP list, cuz :o i dunno that many WTA players :o

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 01:17 PM
That's why people have to do their own lists, and we'll keep the most recurrent names !!

example (making it up, don't worry)

Ted's list about yellhouse :

Hewitt
Safin
Coria

Rose's list about yellhouse :

Hewitt
Haas
Gaudio

Di's list :

Roddick
Safin
Haas

--> in the end, we'll keep Hewitt, Safin and Haas, because their names appeared more often.

see ?? :p

*Ljubica*
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Ted..............a question? Can we put a player in more than one category? Like Frens said - she has Marat in about 4 categories, and I would probably put Nole in a couple too! Is that allowed or not? :angel:

Frens :nerner: Nole IS hot........ just learn to accept it, and life will be sweeter for you :ras:

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 01:29 PM
it is allowed, but we'll proceed to one category at a time. If your player isn't chosen for hit-hards (or that you want to keep him for another category) it's up to you.

OK THEN LET'S START WITH the Hit-Hards.

(a better name ? someone??)

try not to choose before from before 1995, thx :p

Ted's list for the Hit-Hards (4 men, 4 women) :
Roddick
Sampras
Berdych
Gonzalez
Davenport
Seles
Venus
Pierce

Rose's list for the Hit-Hards :

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 01:31 PM
:wavey:

I do have to say that i liked the other "families" more then these :awww:

The problem with this system is that we had too many players fitting in !! and some families were VERY VERY VERY poor.. with practically no one in them.. whereas as some families were (too) full of stars.

*Ljubica*
07-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Hit hards................ hmmm - OK. Shouldn't they be caled "ballbashers" instead - very typically MTF! :) Anyway - like I said - I know nothing about WTA, so I wlil have to stick with your female choices - so my list would be:-

Gulbis
Gonzalez
Blake
Roddick
Davenport
Seles
Venus
Pierce

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 01:45 PM
oh, I have an idea. Let's copy and paste the list, and let's add the number of times each name has been given.

Hit-Hards / Ballbashers (Ted, Rose, )
Gulbis 1
Gonzalez 2
Blake 1
Roddick 2
Sampras 1
Berdych 1
Davenport 2
Seles 2
Venus 2
Pierce 2

*Elsie*
07-31-2008, 02:00 PM
I won't have time to make my lists before my holidays :hysteric:

So I trust you guys.

No Blake in the hotties group. Nor Nole :tape:

That's all folks.

but-it's-ok
07-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Hit-Hards(I prefer this to Ball-bashers:tape:Ted,Rose,Di)

Tursunov 1
Gulbis 2
Safin 1
Berdych 2
Gonzalez 2
Blake 1
Roddick 2
Sampras 1
Davenport 3
Pierce 3
Seles 2
Venus Williams 2
Vaidisova 1
Sharapova 1

EDIT: Is this what you meant by incorporate,thats a very big word for me to understand you know:lol: My selections are in italics:)

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Di, you have to incorporate your list to the previous one.

^^

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
I kept Tursunov for the look at mes :toothy:

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
No, you modified your post, which is perfect. :hug:

WAIT

it is not perfect !!! your forgot players !!! where did Sampras and the other go ??? :sad:

Incorporate ? Jeez, it might not exist in English, too sad :lol:

but-it's-ok
07-31-2008, 03:00 PM
No, you modified your post, which is perfect. :hug:

WAIT

it is not perfect !!! your forgot players !!! where did Sampras and the other go ??? :sad:

Incorporate ? Jeez, it might not exist in English, too sad :lol:

Incorporate does exist in English:hatoff: Its just a word I don't get:shrug:

amdany
07-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Hit hards (Ted,Rose,Di, Amdany)

Tursunov 1
Gulbis 3
Safin 1
Berdych 2
Gonzalez 3
Blake 1
Roddick 3
Sampras 1
Ferrer1
Davenport 4
Pierce 4
Seles 2
Venus Williams 3
Vaidisova 1
Sharapova 1
Serena Williams1

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Thank you Hamdanie for editing Di's list and adding yours :hug:

amdany
07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
your welcome:)

tedlesurfeur
07-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm waiting to have 10 votes, and we'll do family n°2

but-it's-ok
07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks Hamdanie:hug: I'm a bit slow today,I'm still on holiday thats my excuse;)

jhappy
08-01-2008, 04:47 AM
well it seems the project is coming together nicely. I think I'll just supervise, with ted's permission (a la dog) if the best title I can come up with is power keg, then I really should stay out of it!

tedlesurfeur
08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
You might as well vote, you know :p

Mrs. Fabregas
08-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Hit hards (really really prefer the Ball-Bashers :angel: (Ted,Rose,Di, Amdany, Frens)

Tursunov 1
Gulbis 3
Safin 1
Berdych 2
Gonzalez 3
Blake 2
Roddick 4
Sampras 2
Ferrer2
Feli Lopez 1
J.W. Tsonga 1

Davenport 4
Pierce 4
Seles 2
Venus Williams 4
Vaidisova 1
Sharapova 1
Serena Williams 2

And since I want certain players to be in the Hotties catagory, i will add a few bashers more, so we'll have at least Dima and Marat there ;)

tedlesurfeur
08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
well

imagine Marat gets 4 votes here.. and then he gets 5 votes for the hotties family, we'll keep him in the hottie.

Just vote people, nothing is fixed yet.

We need 5 people voting

tedlesurfeur
08-01-2008, 09:04 PM
If we don't get voters, I'm going to create this thread on GM... :lol:

Mrs. Fabregas
08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
If we don't get voters, I'm going to create this thread on GM... :lol:

:scared: :help: :tape: :bolt: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This was our project, right?? So if all our people have voted, we don't need 10 voters :shrug: ... We have 5 now, so maybe 1 or 2 more and then it's okay, right :unsure:

:secret: and if the rest doesn't agree, they had to vote here :nerner:

tedlesurfeur
08-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Ted, Rose, Di, Amdany, Frens have voted..

I'd like Elsie, Aleka, Connie, Jplayer, Manon, Ilprimo, Truc, Gambit, Scotso, Jitterbug, Pepi to vote... :lol:

*Ljubica*
08-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Ted, Rose, Di, Amdany, Frens have voted..

I'd like Elsie, Aleka, Connie, Jplayer, Manon, Ilprimo, Truc, Gambit, Scotso, Jitterbug, Pepi to vote... :lol:

Ted :hug: Elsie is on holiday - she said she wouldn't be able to vote - she is at her Mum's with no Internet connection. Aleka is also on holiday, so not many people left around who haven't voted already :sad:

tedlesurfeur
08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Let's vote for all the families at the same time, or it'll take ages :lol:

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING, INCLUDING THIS TITLE

You may vote for 4 male players and 4 female players per family

You may use the same name in different families, but try not to.

If you want to write a name that's not in the list, please write it and add 1 next to it.

If you want to vote for a player who's aready in the list, change the number (it if was 1, change it to 2)

Please, try to choose players that have done something relevant on tour (minimal requirement : quarterfinal in grand slams, davis cup final, grand slam doubles titles..)

Voters should indicate theirs names here : Ted,

1) Hit-hards / Ballbashers
Roddick 1
Sampras 1
Berdych 1
Gonzalez 1
Davenport 1
Seles 1
Venus 1
Pierce 1

2) Runners (defense)
Nadal 1
Agassi 1
Ferrero 1
Davydenko 1
Graf 1
Sugiyama 1
Sanchez 1
Clijsters 1

3) Look at me (show off, jokers)
Djokovic 1
Becker 1
Monfils 1
Tursunov 1
Serena 1
Sharapova 1
Capriati 1
Jankovic 1

Federer 1
Kuerten 1
Murray 1
Santoro 1
Hingis 1
Radwanska 1
Navratilova 1
Henin 1

Blake 1
Moya 1
Robredo 1
Rafter 1
Hantuchova 1
Dementieva 1
Ivanovic 1
Sharapova 1

Gasquet 1
Nalbandian 1
Youzhny 1
Mathieu 1
Myskina 1
Mauresmo 1
Novotna 1
Kuznetsova 1

Safin 1
Coria 1
Hewitt 1
Gaudio 1
Petrova 1
Schnyder 1
Vaidisova 1
Safina 1

amdany
08-02-2008, 06:22 PM

You may vote for 4 male players and 4 female players per family

You may use the same name in different families, but try not to.

If you want to write a name that's not in the list, please write it and add 1 next to it.

If you want to vote for a player who's aready in the list, change the number (it if was 1, change it to 2)

Please, try to choose players that have done something relevant on tour (minimal requirement : quarterfinal in grand slams, davis cup final, grand slam doubles titles..)

Voters should indicate theirs names here : Ted, [COLOR="Red"]Amdany

1) Hit-hards / Ballbashers
Roddick 2
Sampras 1
Berdych 1
Gonzalez 2
Gulbis 1
Ferrer 1
Davenport 2
Seles 1
Venus 2
Pierce 2
Serena 1

2) Runners (defense)
Nadal 2
Agassi 1
Ferrero 2
Davydenko 2
Monfils 1
Graf 2
Sugiyama 2
Sanchez 2
Clijsters 2

Djokovic 2
Becker 2
Monfils 1
Tursunov 1
Clément 1
Llodra 1
Serena 1
Sharapova 2
Capriati 2
Jankovic 2
Mattek 1

Federer 2
Kuerten 2
Murray 2
Santoro 2
Hingis 2
Radwanska 2
Navratilova 2
Henin 2

Blake 1
Moya 1
Robredo 1
Rafter 2
Tursunov 1
Safin 1
Ancic 1
Hantuchova 2
Dementieva 2
Ivanovic 2
Sharapova 1
Kirilenko 1

Gasquet 2
Nalbandian 2
Youzhny 1
Mathieu 2
Safin 1
Myskina 2
Mauresmo 2
Novotna 2
Kuznetsova 2

Safin 2
Coria 1
Hewitt 1
Gaudio 2
Haas 1
Malisse 1
Petrova 2
Schnyder 2
Vaidisova 2
Safina 2

tedlesurfeur
08-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I put the thread on GM (actually, they moved it to the games section).. it's not advancing on here :scared:

don't yell at me :scared: and try to understand :scared:

I can only get this done before school resumes september 1st :scared:

:hatoff: tedinettes

Mrs. Fabregas
08-02-2008, 11:14 PM
:bigcry: You moved it :eek::eek::eek:?? So, it's not going to be "our" play anymore :awww: .... Too bad! I'll do my share of teams tomorrow, am totally not in the mood for it anymore, thanks to a certain A** on MSN :sad:

tedlesurfeur
08-03-2008, 10:13 AM
To a certain who ?? :lol:

Mrs. Fabregas
08-03-2008, 06:17 PM
:rolleyes: don't remind me, please :awww:

And where do you want me to post my families in?? Here or in :rolleyes: that other thread :rolleyes:

tedlesurfeur
08-03-2008, 07:01 PM
the one you want, I'll add the results anyway :lol:

--> voters, you have until tonight midnight to vote (tomorrow might be an extra day :lol: )

:devil:

Mrs. Fabregas
08-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Just in time, i hope :unsure: and :o i couldn't come up with 8 players in every catagory (the hotties one wasn't THAT hard though :angel:) but i hope it's still okay for you, Ted :smooch:

Voters should indicate theirs names here : Ted, Amdany Mrs. Fabregas :angel:

1) Hit-hards / Ballbashers !!!!!!
Roddick 3
Sampras 2
Berdych 1
Blake 1
Gonzalez 2
Gulbis 1
Ferrer 2
Feli Lopez 1
Davenport 2
Seles 1
Venus 3
Pierce 2
Serena 2

2) Runners (defense)
Nadal 3
Agassi 1
Ferrero 3
Davydenko 3
Monfils 2
Graf 2
Sugiyama 2
Sanchez 2
Clijsters 2

Djokovic 3
Becker 2
Monfils 1
McEnroe 1
Tursunov 2
A. Murray 1
Goran 1
Clément 1
Llodra 1
Serena 2
Sharapova 3
Capriati 2
Jankovic 2
Mattek 1
Ivanovic 1

Federer 2
Kuerten 2
Murray 2
Santoro 2
Hingis 2
Radwanska 2
Navratilova 2
Henin 2

Blake 1
Moya 1
Robredo 1
Rafter 2
Tursunov 2
Safin 2
Nenad 1
Janko Tipsa 1
Zhenya Korolev 1
Ancic 1
Hantuchova 2
Dementieva 2
Ivanovic 2
Sharapova 1
Kirilenko 2

Gasquet 3
Nalbandian 2
Youzhny 1
Mathieu 3
Safin 2
Tursunov 1
Ivanovic 1
Myskina 2
Mauresmo 2
Novotna 2
Kuznetsova 2

Safin 2
Coria 1
Hewitt 1
Gaudio 2
Haas 2
Malisse 1
Sharapoof 1
Petrova 2
Schnyder 2
Vaidisova 2
Safina 3

*Ljubica*
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
OK - I'm probably too late - and I've already voted for my Ballbashers - but Ted did say "maybe an extra day" :p So here are mine. Hope I haven't messed up the system - I'm not so good at things like this:o

Voters should indicate theirs names here : Ted, Amdany Mrs. Fabregas he Cat Lady :cat:

1) Hit-hards / Ballbashers !!!!!!
Roddick 3
Sampras 2
Berdych 1
Blake 1
Gonzalez 2
Gulbis 1
Ferrer 2
Feli Lopez 1
Davenport 2
Seles 1
Venus 3
Pierce 2
Serena 2

2) Runners (defense)
Nadal 4
Ferrer 1
Agassi 1
Ferrero 4
Davydenko 4
Monfils 2
Graf 3
Sugiyama 3
Sanchez 3
Clijsters 3

Djokovic 4
Feli Lopez 1
Becker 2
Monfils 2
McEnroe 2
Tursunov 2
A. Murray 1
Goran 1
Clément 1
Llodra 1
Serena 3
Sharapova 4
Capriati 3
Jankovic 2
Mattek 2
Ivanovic 1

Federer 3
Kuerten 2
Murray 3
Santoro 3
Djokovic 1
Hingis 3
Radwanska 3
Navratilova 3
Henin 3

Blake 1
Moya 1
Robredo 1
Rafter 2
Tursunov 3
Safin 2
Nenad 1
Janko Tipsa 2
Djokovic 1 :nerner:
Zhenya Korolev 1
Ancic 2
Hantuchova 2
Dementieva 3
Ivanovic 3
Sharapova 1
Kirilenko 3
Vaidisova 1

Gasquet 4
Nalbandian 3
Youzhny 1
Mathieu 3
Safin 3
Tursunov 2
Ivanovic 1
Myskina 3
Mauresmo 3
Novotna 3
Kuznetsova 3

Safin 3
Coria 1
Hewitt 1
Gaudio 2
Haas 2
Pashaski 1
Malisse 2
Roddick 1
Sharapoof 1
Petrova 3
Schnyder 3
Vaidisova 3