The first of many???? (the ESPYs thread!) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The first of many???? (the ESPYs thread!)

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 04:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/espy2004/s/04nomineesindex.html

:woohoo:

hahahahaha he presented with Brooke Burke and Rosalyn Sanchez
http://images2.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/3072781.jpg

tangerine_dream
07-15-2004, 04:26 AM
If he wins any more awards, let's hope he hires a personal stylist before venturing outside looking like that. :retard:

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 04:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I agree;)

holy hell........ just kill me now!

http://images2.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/3073000.jpg

JVanderbilt
07-15-2004, 05:12 AM
Someone NEEDS to tie Andy down to a chair and shave his face and cut his gosh darn hair. The suit wouldn't be so bad if he straightened out his collar, buttoned the other button on his shirt, and the bottom button on his suit. But seriously, Andy, don't quit the day job!

andyroxmysox12191
07-15-2004, 05:21 AM
as i said before
BRING BACK MANDY!!!!!!!
:bigcry: he wouldnt have gone out like THAT if he was with her :haha:

Proph
07-15-2004, 05:44 AM
agreed...bring her back, lmfao...he needs the style advice

could that shirt be any pinker?? takes a brave man to wear that

Roddickrokz91
07-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Wat was he thinkin when he put that on

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 05:55 AM
off the subject of the outfit and on the subject of the award..... do they even give out the tennis awards during the show? Does anyone remember? I have a feeling they don't. :(

Gonzo Hates Me!
07-15-2004, 06:58 AM
What the fuck has Rosalyn Sanchez done?

superpinkone37
07-15-2004, 08:25 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh............i am speechless............andy just seems like such a man's man and i would never guess he would show up to something like this in pink. dont get me wrong, i am a big fan of the color pink, hence the name, and most of my closet, but i dont like it too much on guys, and andy just isnt one i would think would wear pink at all. anyways, i am hoping that he looks better whne we watch him on tv on suday than he looked in these pictures. i saw some pictures from last nights jimmy kimmel thing like an hour before i saw it on tv and he looked much better on tv than i thought he would look based on some badly angled pictures. im hoping the same goes for these. anyways, i guess i am not so speechless, though i ddi spend like three minutes, mouth agape, when i first saw the pic of him wearing pink.

lfty
07-15-2004, 10:01 AM
At least he won. And his hair is a huge improvement over last night.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v338/lfty125/d8537c33.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v338/lfty125/39acbf17.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v338/lfty125/580714b7.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v338/lfty125/0aedeaad.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v338/lfty125/5a6155d8.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v338/lfty125/3043df3f.jpg

tangerine_dream
07-15-2004, 12:49 PM
I can't wait to see this outfit in People magazine's "What Were They Thinking?" section (their ode to bad fashion). :lol:

star
07-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Andy's whole thing with "style" is to pretend that he pays absolutely no attention to what he wears or that he doesn't care what he wears... Not sure which.

I think the ensemble would have been fine if he had straightened out the collar etc., but that would have defeated the "I don't care what I look like" message. I like the bright pink. I'm hoping he is the first man to wear bright pink on the tennis court. :lol:

Fumus
07-15-2004, 03:19 PM
woo Andy...I think he looks kinda suave and GQ like that!

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 03:39 PM
He looks so happy with his award :D too bad they don't give it out on the show I don't think :o

OK Andy you had your fun..... now it's time to get back on court and work your cute little butt off! :D

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 03:50 PM
some bits from the ESPN article about the awards :lol:
------
"Andy Roddick presented an award for record-breakers to Eric Gagne, which was nice, but he did it while standing up between two women nobody seemed to recognize or know the names of, which was just mysterious. It was like Roddick was Lance slipping on the yellow jersey on the podium. I expected kisses and flowers. "

"At the end of the night, people were talking about Serena's dress (she designed it herself, and she was very economical with the fabric)..."

----------

then there's this whole thing just on Serena's dress, a funny read :haha:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3/story?page=williamstarausi/040714

-----------

Then, the notebook people said this:

"MOST PIMPED OUT
Andy Roddick in a blue pinstriped suit and fuchsia shirt with a white collar." :haha:

snaillyyy
07-15-2004, 03:56 PM
I thought maybe sleep would make me think differently about the outfit :devil: but sad to say it still leaves me :scratch: and :haha: . i guess I just can't get past those shoes!! :lol:
But he does look happy and I'm very happy he won :D

Yeah Deb I just read that stuff on ESPN :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: still laughing!!

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 04:05 PM
:haha:

First I think the hair/goatee is the worst, then I think the striped suit is the worst, then I think the pink two-colored shirt is the worst (if it was ALL pink, I think I'd be OK With it), then I think the shoes are the worst.... but really.... it's ALL the worst! :haha: :sobbing:

tangerine_dream
07-15-2004, 04:08 PM
"pimped out" :haha: Poor Andy. Such is the price of being a fashion plate. :)

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 04:14 PM
:scratch: maybe he was going for the pimp look??? :o :haha:

athena_wu
07-15-2004, 04:18 PM
First of all, congrats to Andy.
But ,like all of you above said, Andy's taste is a bit strange.
Especially his small mustache just below the chin.

Last I will say, I'm new here, glad to see every one here, I love Andy.

snaillyyy
07-15-2004, 04:27 PM
:wavey: Athena welcome!!

I have an opinion on the shoes :devil: maybe he borrowed them from Hugh when he was at the playboy mansion!!

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi Athena!! Welcome! :hug:

Tangy will appreciate the pics with Tom Brady...... :hearts:

athena_wu
07-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi, Bunk and Carly.
WOW, So many beautiful PICS. Thanks Bunk.
Andy's shoes?? I have not focused that.

papasmurf11
07-15-2004, 05:07 PM
The goatee has got to go! Does he need me to send him a razor! :eek: :ras:

papasmurf11
07-15-2004, 05:09 PM
I like the pic with Tom Brady and Andy! :hearts: :drool: :drool: :drool: My 2 favorite athletes!

PinkFeatherBoa
07-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Welcome Athena.:dance:

Well I personally love the outfit Andy's wearing, especiallythe shoes and the "darling" shirt. Andy can't help it if people are jealous of his "good" taste.;) Pimp indeed.:lol:

superpinkone37
07-15-2004, 05:17 PM
in my case, sleep did me good, lol. the outfit is not that bad. i like the pink (though andy seems like the last possivble person who would wear pink, though maybe thats exactly what he wanted) if only he would have straightened out the shirt and gone for the same shirt minus the funky white collar-- he would have looked so much more put together. and i have nothing to say about the shoes, those should be burned. anyways, theres my two...more like ten....cents.

tangerine_dream
07-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Welcome athena :wavey:

Tom Brady and Andy! sssssssmookin'! :hearts: thanks bunk :hug:

Re: Andy's pimping hot outfit---I see a new av in PinkFeatherBoa's future. ;)

Andy's brother John must not have been around to help him dress. It reminded me of this passage from Deuce magazine:

"Let's go get some dinner," Andy muses. "How about the County Line?"
"Great idea," says John.
Andy bounces from his bedroom wearing a sleeveless hooded sweatshirt with his trademark backward ball cap. He looks more like he's heading to East Texas to watch two rottweilers maul each other for sport than going out for a quiet dinner with his family.
Big brother can't pass up the opportunity to pull rank. "You're not leaving the house like that," John says. "No way." The younger Roddick immediately reverses, acknowledges his fashion faux pax and acquiesces: "I can't believe I actually tried to pull that off."

:haha: You tell 'em, John.

papasmurf11
07-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah did Tom Brady win? Well if he didnt still go patriots! :worship:

holagirl56
07-15-2004, 05:32 PM
It looks horrible, both the outfit and the goatee!

Question! Did everyone nominated attend or was it just the people who won, or the people currently in the US?

Havok
07-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Why is everyone dissing the outfit :ras: ok I'm with star here and that the shirt should have been ironed and worn a little more crisply, but the blue pinstripe suit is :rocker: and it takes a real man (as someone mentioned before) to pull off pink and to pull it off properly. I've heard it time and time again, if a guy can pull off the color pink=hot. I think he looks stylin' :cool:

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 05:40 PM
papasmurf, the Pats won for best game for the SuperBowl... Tom accepted the award :hearts: :inlove:

Naldo, I agree that any man who can pull of hot pink is HOT. The pink is not what bothers me about that shirt, the fact that it had a white collar is. I hate those two-color shirts, I think they're hideous. And if he'd buttoned it and worn a tie, he would've looked less pimp-like:o

Havok
07-15-2004, 05:41 PM
and Deb, last year they gave out the award to Serena, so I'm sure they'll give it out to him, and plus he's a presenter, more incentive to give him the award there, and it is a big award, not some weird category:p

Havok
07-15-2004, 05:42 PM
I like the white colar, breaks up all the pinkiness:p and no, wearing a tie would have made him look like a dick. trust me, a tie wouldn't look good :scared:

J. Corwin
07-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Go Andy with more awards. :) I'll try to catch the ESPY's this weekend.

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 07:38 PM
they repeat several times early next week too, Jace :)

andyroxmysox12191
07-15-2004, 08:33 PM
ok...after sleeping and coming on here to look at more pics, it looks better than it did last night. i'm still laughing (lol) but it looks better than how i saw it last night. maybe i was just laughing too hard to actually look at the pic more :lol:
and i agree with anyone else that said or heard someone else say (meaning nAldo, lol) any guy that can wear pink and try to pull it off = hot. just like any guy that can wear eyeliner and look amazingly gorgeous still = hot (meaning johnny depp in POTC :hearts:)

Havok
07-15-2004, 08:45 PM
ack I didn't say that a man wearing pink=hot. I was just paraphrasing girls who say that time and time again :scared:

andyroxmysox12191
07-15-2004, 08:48 PM
:lol: fine fine will change ;)

Havok
07-15-2004, 08:52 PM
:)

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Here's the article from ATPtennis.com... WTF is that other talk show they're talking about? My dad watches CNBC all day :rolleyes:

And :haha: :sobbing: :bigcry: :rolls: at his comments about the Playboy Mansion

----
Roddick Hits Hollywood and Wins ESPY Award

Andy Roddick came to Hollywood last night to be a presenter at ESPN’s ESPY Awards Show and made the most of his visit. Roddick not only presented the award for Best Record Breaking Performance during the ceremony at the Kodak Theatre, but he was also voted by fans as the “Best Male Tennis Player of the Year,” beating out Roger Federer, Juan Carlos Ferrero and two-time recipient Andre Agassi (2000, 2003) for the honor.
“It was a great room to be in with all the other athletes,” Roddick said. “Those are guys who I love to watch compete, so to actually hang out with them was really cool.”

Roddick also did a feature for the awards show with television personality Brooke Burke that was filmed at the Playboy Mansion where Roddick hung out with, among others, NFL quarterbacks Peyton and Eli Manning and Tom Brady. “Having the chance to spend some time in such an institution like the Playboy Mansion was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The offer was made, so I had to go.”

In addition to his ESPY’s appearance, Roddick appeared on two talk shows while in Hollywood: ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” and “Big Idea with Donnie Deutsch” on CNBC. He also filmed a television commercial for American Express that will begin airing during the US Open.

Roddick was voted the Best Male Tennis Player of the Year for his superb 2003 performance when he finished atop the INDESIT ATP Race and won six titles including the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters in Cincinatti, ATP Masters Montreal, RCA Championships in Indianapolis, Stella Artois Championship in London, Internationaler Raiffeisen Grand Prix in St. Poelten and the US Open. The 12th Annual ESPY Awards Show will air on ESPN, July 18 at 9 p.m. ET.

Carito_90
07-15-2004, 10:42 PM
check out my new av :sobbing: :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
07-15-2004, 11:02 PM
OMFG CARITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :sobbing: :haha:

andyroxmysox12191
07-15-2004, 11:04 PM
caritttoooooooo!!!!!!! :bigcry: :sobbing: :haha:

RoddickBabe10
07-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Okay, come to think of it, Andy looks really hot at the ESPYs minus the pink shirt and the shoes. Andy is hot no matter what lmao. And I don't think he should bring Mandy back for advice (sorry but I just really hate her) LOL

zoltan83
07-15-2004, 11:31 PM
check out my new av :sobbing: :sobbing:
:haha: nice avatar Carito!

Carito_90
07-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Okay, come to think of it, Andy looks really hot at the ESPYs minus the pink shirt and the shoes. Andy is hot no matter what lmao

hey, no one's denying that :lol:

tangerine_dream
07-16-2004, 01:32 AM
:haha: Caro's av :)

Havok
07-16-2004, 01:38 AM
I like it :cool: and no not because of his clothes (I think me and PFB are the only ones who like the get up, so :ras: to the rest of you)

mistry
07-16-2004, 01:43 AM
y'all are being too harsh on poor Andy..
i think he looks great in his outfit.. not pimplike at all!!..
the pink is totally hot and especially paired up with the pin stripe..
i bet if someone like beckham did, y'all would love it..

Carito_90
07-16-2004, 02:19 AM
omg poo, u cannot be serious! (sorry, i couldn't help it :sobbing: )

The suit was cool, but the shirt didn't match at ALL, and the shoes.. the shoes! :scared:

andyroxmysox12191
07-16-2004, 02:25 AM
hey i found the outfit hysterical, horrible, AND good ;)

Havok
07-16-2004, 02:30 AM
y'all are being too harsh on poor Andy..
i think he looks great in his outfit.. not pimplike at all!!..
the pink is totally hot and especially paired up with the pin stripe..
i bet if someone like beckham did, y'all would love it..
:yeah: make that count to 3 in favor of the whole ensemble:)

mistry
07-16-2004, 02:36 AM
i'd have to agree with on the shoes car...
but everything else was hot!! (maybe not everything else... the goatee was kinda funny on him)

Havok
07-16-2004, 02:59 AM
Yeah, I didnt like the shoes either, and the goatee is meh now.

mistry
07-16-2004, 03:49 AM
hopefully the goatee will be gone by time i see him in toronto!!!
11 days left!!

Havok
07-16-2004, 04:24 AM
I hope you get to see him, not like me (3 games and then the cancel play because of thunder :rolleyes: ) but a half an hour practice session on centre court wasn't bad as well :cool: practices are fun to see, maybe even moreso than actual matches :lol:

Deboogle!.
07-16-2004, 04:30 AM
I think you're right Naldo. You get to get much closer, it's so much more relaxed..... plus you can watch matches on tv, but not practices :) For me I found it's when you really get to see what players are like. My respect level for some players has gone up a lot b/c of how cool they are in their practices :)

star
07-16-2004, 04:33 AM
I like it :cool: and no not because of his clothes (I think me and PFB are the only ones who like the get up, so :ras: to the rest of you)

I liked it. I only wish that he wasn't trying so hard to make it look like he was not caring if he wore a fashionable outfit.

Havok
07-16-2004, 05:26 AM
Yeah, the shirt thing not being worn crisply killed it a tad, but other than that I would wear it :cool: (but without those grandpa-style loafers and I would opt for a blue/green shirt, as I stated elsewhere in ths forum)

lfty
07-16-2004, 02:38 PM
I like the messy hair and the suit is not bad, at least it fits him. But I really can’t tell much about the shoes. They look ok to me. :shrug: And his face looks really thin. I’d never noticed his cheekbones before.

mistry
07-17-2004, 01:57 AM
I hope you get to see him, not like me (3 games and then the cancel play because of thunder :rolleyes: ) but a half an hour practice session on centre court wasn't bad as well :cool: practices are fun to see, maybe even moreso than actual matches :lol:

are you talking about the wednesday match at last year's TMS montreal... I was there too.. luckily i had tickets for the night match as well so i got to see the whole match..woohoo!! But i agree.. practices as funner to see.. because the players are so close you can almost touch them.

Havok
07-17-2004, 02:00 AM
Yes the wednesday match vs Chela. I was waiting and waiting for his match (fucking Larose had to take his sweet ass time to win :rolleyes: ) and that was the last ticket I had for the event, so I saw only 3 games :yawn: but watched the rest on tv.

mistry
07-17-2004, 02:04 AM
i was really lucky last year.. my friends uncle's company had courtside seat.. they were only a couple of seats away from brad and co. Hopefully he'll give us some for the rogers cup too.

mistry
07-17-2004, 02:05 AM
did you go to sprts experst get you cap yet??
there's only 2 left.. and one has my foundation stain on it.. oops :(

Havok
07-17-2004, 02:23 AM
lmfao, No I didn't go yet, but if they have it, other Sports Experts stores *should* have it as well.

And I was sitting in the section higher than where Brad was, so we were like 10 rows apart from eachother :lol:

tangerine_dream
07-17-2004, 05:28 PM
I can't believe some people in GM are freaking out about Andy winning an ESPY award. Some of them act as if yet another great injustice was once again foisted upon Roger Federer (just the usual group unstable Fed fans). :rolleyes: Will these people ever learn? The ESPY's is nothing more than a way to market athletes to the US sports market. It's great for US tennis to have Andy win; it gives Andy more exposure and that means more money and TV coverage of tennis in the US. :banana: Somehow, I don't think Roger is crying too hard over not having won an ESPY award; I'm sure he's quite content with his second Wimbledon trophy. ;)

MarliKat
07-18-2004, 05:01 AM
Apart from the goatee and possibly the shoes, me likes that outfit very much. Andy looks oh so very, very hot (apart from the goatee)!

lfty
07-19-2004, 04:15 AM
The ESPYs were just annoying and boring. :yawn: Andy deserved to accept his award on stage. :shout:

Deboogle!.
07-19-2004, 04:22 AM
yea it was a really snooze-worthy show. They didn't present ANY of the individual sport's awards during the show :rolleyes: gah. can't believe I wasted 3 hours on that.

star
07-19-2004, 05:12 AM
The show was pretty bad. Andy, however, delivered his line professionally and cleanly. :)

superpinkone37
07-19-2004, 06:10 AM
and quickly...he looked and sounded really nervous, but then again, i think this is the first time he has ever done anything of that sort. good thing he's still cute lol.

RoddickBabe10
07-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Superpinkone, I noticed that too. You know, him sounding really nervous. It was so cute though, lol. And someone said in this thread that his cheeks looked/are really thin (I agree, lol).

I thought the ESPYs was boring also, except for the whole serenading Serena part. And the Kevin Garnett song :haha:

Jennay
07-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I missed the ESPY's :shout: :devil:

But since you all said it was :yawn: I feel better.

andyroxmysox12191
07-20-2004, 07:32 PM
roddickbabe....i loved that tennis ball song for some reason. it just made me laugh and the peoples reactions to it was just hilarious.
and it was :yawn: you didnt miss much

Mr. Man
07-21-2004, 04:20 AM
Really proud of him winning that. Congrats, man!

Deboogle!.
07-21-2004, 04:26 AM
MR MAN!!! We've missed you!! :hug:

Mr. Man
07-21-2004, 04:32 AM
Hey! I'm usually on the PC everyday and this board always slips my mind to visit. I'll try to be around more often.

I thought it was funny seeing Andy cracking up at Jaimie Foxs' Serena song at the Espys. Who wouldn't crack up at that? :lol:

Deboogle!.
07-21-2004, 04:36 AM
awwwwwww yea we hope to see you more often :D we need all the testosterone we can get around here y'know? ;)

Jennay
07-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Deb :lol: