At last - back to the hard courts :-)) Nole trying to defend his title in Toronto [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

At last - back to the hard courts :-)) Nole trying to defend his title in Toronto

Pages : [1] 2 3

*Ljubica*
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
OK- the Toronto Masters' Series starts in just a couple of days, and no one has started a thread yet - so guess I might as well.

Nole is defending winners' points from last year - and hope he can put the disappointment of Wimbledon behind him to do well on his favourite surface.

http://www.rogerscupmen.com

arm
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
:woohoo: The part of the season and the thread I have been waiting for since April!

arm
07-17-2008, 05:45 PM
And Rose, Wimby was ages ago, he will defend his points. ;)

*Ljubica*
07-17-2008, 05:48 PM
And Rose, Wimby was ages ago, he will defend his points. ;)

Raquel:) Ever the optimist - hope you're right :)

arm
07-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Raquel:) Ever the optimist - hope you're right :)

This time I am. :lol:

but-it's-ok
07-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Nole will be fresh and eager,raring to go. I am sure he'll retain his title:) I cant wait to see him again:worship:

simplysadie
07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Nole will be fresh and eager,raring to go. I am sure he'll retain his title:) I cant wait to see him again:worship:

Me either, ah Nole...*:devil: thoughts*

arm
07-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Di and sadie, I understand what you mean. :inlove: I can't wait to watch him get on a court again! And a hard court one! :woohoo:

simplysadie
07-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Yay hard...um...courts...:p

I'm so perverted sometimes I creep myself out

arm
07-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Yay hard...um...courts...:p

I'm so perverted sometimes I creep myself out

That's good thing. :lol: All Djokovic fans are. ;) Have you heard anything about an orgy involving Nole, my grandfather's swimming pool and a few of us? :lol: :o

Manon
07-17-2008, 06:45 PM

I think so too. Fresh and eager. Cincy waits for him too and he can collect many points there. I hope he forgot all bad.

simplysadie
07-17-2008, 07:02 PM
That's good thing. :lol: All Djokovic fans are. ;) Have you heard anything about an orgy involving Nole, my grandfather's swimming pool and a few of us? :lol: :o

:D Where do I sign up to be on the guest list? ;)

Herdwick
07-17-2008, 07:04 PM
I asked you to wait until I was back! You mean I've missed it? Grrr...and I was really looking forward to it.

Manon
07-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I asked you to wait until I was back! You mean I've missed it? Grrr...and I was really looking forward to it.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Manon/partty.gifHere she ishttp://usera.imagecave.com/Manon/partty.gif

Herdwick
07-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Hello :wavey: - just trying to catch up

arm
07-17-2008, 07:14 PM
:D Where do I sign up to be on the guest list? ;)

:lol: Ok, I have just just added you to the list. ;)

Look who is back! :hug:

You didn't miss it, Herdwick, read the other thread and you will notice that I defended your rights and requests. ;)

Herdwick
07-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Thank you! You are truly an honourable soul! :hug: I shall make sure the same restraint is exercised while you're away!

Can't wait for Toronto - Nole must be bursting to get back in the fray - there still seems to be Rafa-mania everywhere(bless). So we should expect something special - yes?

camnation
07-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Woohoo, I'm so excited! I bought tickets for Tuesday's matinee matches so hopefully I'll see Nole in some form or other!

neenah
07-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I forgot Nole was defending here! :rocker2:

*Ljubica*
07-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Woohoo, I'm so excited! I bought tickets for Tuesday's matinee matches so hopefully I'll see Nole in some form or other!

Oh - I am so envious now! Enjoy your time at Toronto, and we look forward to all your reports and photos :)

Herdwick :hug: I didn't start this thread til this afternoon - so you WERE back :p And we saved the orgy til your return - promise!

Herdwick
07-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I have total trust in you all - so civilised here. Don't seem to have missed much otherwise...

camnation
07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh - I am so envious now! Enjoy your time at Toronto, and we look forward to all your reports and photos :)
Thanks! I'm not a great picture taker and I'm sitting kinda far away but I'll try my best! Actually I live in Toronto so I guess I enjoy my time there all the time. ;) :secret: I actually applied to York U, where the tournament is held, but I rejected their offer of admission in favour of the University of Toronto. :angel:

arm
07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Thank you! You are truly an honourable soul! :hug: I shall make sure the same restraint is exercised while you're away!

Can't wait for Toronto - Nole must be bursting to get back in the fray - there still seems to be Rafa-mania everywhere(bless). So we should expect something special - yes?

I am indeed. :angel: :lol: Yes, Toronto! :woohoo:

Lucky you! Report back, ok? ;)

*Ljubica*
07-17-2008, 07:53 PM
I have total trust in you all - so civilised here. Don't seem to have missed much otherwise...

You know we are renowned for being "boring", "different" and totally civilised - nothing has changed :p

camnation
07-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Lucky you! Report back, ok? ;)
Of course! :devil: (That's assuming I actually get to see him...)

arm
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Of course! :devil: (That's assuming I actually get to see him...)

Let's hope you will. :) As long as Nole has someone from MTF in the stadium cheering for him, he will win. :D

Manon
07-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Thanks! I'm not a great picture taker and I'm sitting kinda far away but I'll try my best! Actually I live in Toronto so I guess I enjoy my time there all the time. ;) :secret: I actually applied to York U, where the tournament is held, but I rejected their offer of admission in favour of the University of Toronto. :angel:

You'll be our represent there so you must take pictures, to report every thing you see, hear...you'll be our eyes and ears camnation.

:angel: I am joking, I just envy you;)

camnation
07-18-2008, 03:04 AM
You'll be our represent there so you must take pictures, to report every thing you see, hear...you'll be our eyes and ears camnation.

:angel: I am joking, I just envy you;)
So much pressure! :scared:;)

*Ljubica*
07-18-2008, 09:37 AM
So much pressure! :scared:;)

I'm sure that you can stand the pressure ;)

pookykiki
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm so happy to see this thread it means that the hard court season is coming and we are going to see Nole again. I can't wait since monday. Wimbly seems far far away now!
:woohoo:

arm
07-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm so happy to see this thread it means that the hard court season is coming and we are going to see Nole again. I can't wait since monday. Wimbly seems far far away now!

Exactly my feelings. :hug:

*Ljubica*
07-18-2008, 11:22 AM

The further the better :lol: Good luck Nole :hug: I've even been missing that sick, nervous feeling I always get when he plays :o

arm
07-18-2008, 11:26 AM
The further the better :lol: Good luck Nole :hug: I've even been missing that sick, nervous feeling I always get when he plays :o

I miss being happy just because he won. :D

*Ljubica*
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I miss being happy just because he won. :D

I just miss seeing him :awww:

pookykiki
07-18-2008, 11:45 AM

Me to and nobody in Bordeaux can understand. They think I'm crazy but I am counting the days!

arm
07-18-2008, 11:49 AM

Of course, that too. But I don't miss his losses like the one with Marat. :awww:

Me to and nobody in Bordeaux can understand. They think I'm crazy but I am counting the days!

We understand you here. :hug: Here in Portugal nobody understands me. :shrug: They think I am a crazy fangirl. My dad and my cousin (who is like my brother) both hate that I love Nole so much. And my ex-boyfriend used to hate it too. :lol:

*Ljubica*
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM

Yes - I know what you mean. Most people here have only heard of Andy Murray :o You are not alone here though :hug:

pookykiki
07-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks you to :hug: Since I go around in this forum I didn't feel alone anymore!

*Ljubica*
07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks you to :hug: Since I go around in this forum I didn't feel alone anymore!

:awww: :hug:

Manon
07-18-2008, 01:54 PM

One from me:hug: You're not alone here. That is impossible:)

camnation
07-18-2008, 06:21 PM
"The [defending] Champ has landed" in Toronto, according to the Rogers Cup website! :hearts:

simplysadie
07-18-2008, 06:35 PM
"The [defending] Champ has landed" in Toronto, according to the Rogers Cup website! :hearts:

All hail Nole!!! :worship::worship::worship:

Manon
07-18-2008, 06:52 PM

Good start camnation. Keep it up...:)

arm
07-18-2008, 07:00 PM

Great :hearts: Thanks for the info. :hug:

TMJordan
07-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Yep he is defintaly here, he just came to eat lunch at the restaurant where my sister works :D

Go Nole, defend your title :rocker2:

*Ljubica*
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Nice to know Nole is safely in Canada - thanks for the info guys :hug:

Manon
07-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Yep he is defintaly here, he just came to eat lunch at the restaurant where my sister works :D

Go Nole, defend your title :rocker2:

See, you seem have to keep your sister away from Novak. As far I can see in Chat threads he might eat her:cool: Dangerous guy this faker:devil: Mafia guy.

Now seriously, such a shame she don't know who he is (or any tennis player):)

Herdwick
07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Come on details please! What did he eat, do, say, wear?

Manon
07-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Come on details please! What did he eat, do, say, wear?

You are still somewhere in the world?

TMJordan
07-18-2008, 10:49 PM
She didn't see what he ate for lunch but for desert, he split a piece of cheese cake with Marian :devil:

Also was wearing adidas stuff :p and thought he was underdressed :p

Manon
07-18-2008, 11:02 PM
It's funny how she doesn'e know, not tehnis as itself, but players. At least the famous ones.

TMJordan
07-18-2008, 11:15 PM
It's funny how she doesn'e know, not tehnis as itself, but players. At least the famous ones.

She knows a little tennis but not the players...she heard of Gasquet because a friend of her knows him ;)

As for Marian...she said Slovakian and "trainer or somthing" so I knew it would be Marian...I showed a picture of him from the internet and yes it was him. Also another guy she thinks it might have been Novak's father. But not sure.

*Ljubica*
07-19-2008, 09:51 AM
She didn't see what he ate for lunch but for desert, he split a piece of cheese cake with Marian :devil:

Also was wearing adidas stuff :p and thought he was underdressed :p

Cheesecake :drool: My favourite dessert! I would have been happy to share it with him;)

arm
07-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Cheesecake :drool: My favourite dessert! I would have been happy to share it with him;)

I hate cheese cake. :( But I would be happy to eat it if it meant I was sharing it with him. :lol:

*Ljubica*
07-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I hate cheese cake. :( But I would be happy to eat it if it meant I was sharing it with him. :lol:

:lol: But I would get so much more pleasure from the sharing :p I:inlove: cheesecake (( and Nole of course :lol: )

arm
07-19-2008, 02:18 PM
:lol: But I would get so much more pleasure from the sharing :p I:inlove: cheesecake (( and Nole of course :lol: )

Who care about the cheese cake when you are sharing it with Nole? :shrug: :inlove:

And I am not sure if you would have more pleasure than I! :p I even think I would start loving cheese cake from that moment on. :lol:

*Ljubica*
07-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Who care about the cheese cake when you are sharing it with Nole? :shrug: :inlove:

And I am not sure if you would have more pleasure than I! :p I even think I would start loving cheese cake from that moment on. :lol:

:lol: Again - I think the answer to this dilemma is clear. We will all share the cheesecake - and of course Herdwick is back now, so she can join in :angel: No point in delaying the - erm - experience - any longer :rolls: Mr. Djokovic - be very afraid :unsure: :devil:

arm
07-19-2008, 02:54 PM
:lol: Again - I think the answer to this dilemma is clear. We will all share the cheesecake - and of course Herdwick is back now, so she can join in :angel: No point in delaying the - erm - experience - any longer :rolls: Mr. Djokovic - be very afraid :unsure: :devil:

:lol: Yes, we always find the perfect solution. I think Jess should change the boppers thread's title to "The sharing thread" or " The thread where we share Nole". :lol:

Herdwick will be pleased to know we remembered about her when it came to sharing cheese cake with Nole. :)

Oh and yes Mr Novak Djokovic, be very afraid. :devil: He is used to be the one qith the power when it comes to women - we could see that from Jordan's sister experience - but he has no idea how we work. :lol: :devil:

*Ljubica*
07-19-2008, 03:07 PM
:lol: Yes, we always find the perfect solution. I think Jess should change the boppers thread's title to "The sharing thread" or " The thread where we share Nole". :lol:

Herdwick will be pleased to know we remembered about her when it came to sharing cheese cake with Nole. :)

Oh and yes Mr Novak Djokovic, be very afraid. :devil: He is used to be the one qith the power when it comes to women - we could see that from Jordan's sister experience - but he has no idea how we work. :lol: :devil:

:worship::worship:

So true my dear - so true :lol: Our deadly combination of brains, beauty and blondeness has men cowering at our feet :angel: Actually don't know if H. is blonde - but she can become an honorary one for this purpose:) At which point I guess we should stop "spamming" the tournament thread and take our evil plans back to the Chat Thread :lol:

Back on topic - good luck in Toronto Nole :hug: ((and still be very afraid!)

arm
07-19-2008, 03:27 PM
The draw? When?

camnation
07-19-2008, 03:59 PM
The draw? When?
2pm-ish EST. :)
Aka in about 2 hours.

arm
07-19-2008, 04:03 PM
2pm-ish EST. :)
Aka in about 2 hours.

Really? :D Thank you. Is there any way to follow it?

camnation
07-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Really? :D Thank you. Is there any way to follow it?
Sorry, I have no idea. There's just some presentation on site with prizes and stuff... lol. I should have gone there today with my laptop hidden in my shirt :p.

arm
07-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Sorry, I have no idea. There's just some presentation on site with prizes and stuff... lol. I should have gone there today with my laptop hidden in my shirt :p.

:lol: No need to say sorry. You are not working for us! :p I think.

Thanks a lot. :hug: Starting to feel nervous!

camnation
07-19-2008, 04:15 PM
:lol: No need to say sorry. You are not working for us! :p I think.

Thanks a lot. :hug: Starting to feel nervous!
I'm nervous too! :unsure: We all can be nervous! :hug:

On a side note, I really really really really really (etc. etc.) hope Nole plays in the ATP/NHLPA hockey game tomorrow. I'm not expecting him to but if he did, I could die of happiness.

On another side note, yesterday I told my friend (who's going with me to the Rogers Cup) that Nole showed up in Toronto and she suggested we "stalk him" despite her insistence that she's not his fan. :o

arm
07-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm nervous too! :unsure: We all can be nervous! :hug:

On a side note, I really really really really really (etc. etc.) hope Nole plays in the ATP/NHLPA hockey game tomorrow. I'm not expecting him to but if he did, I could die of happiness.

On another side note, yesterday I told my friend (who's going with me to the Rogers Cup) that Nole showed up in Toronto and she suggested we "stalk him" despite her insistence that she's not his fan. :o

Let's be nervous together. :hug:

What ATP/NHLPA hockey match?

And your friend is a very clever person. :p

camnation
07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Let's be nervous together. :hug:

What ATP/NHLPA hockey match?

And your friend is a very clever person. :p
Tomorrow's there's supposed to be a ball hockey game and skills competition between 6 ATP players and 6 NHLPA players for charity, at around 2pm local time. They haven't announced which ATP players are going to participate, but apparently they apply the day of so it's all guesswork who will actually be playing. I'm going to try to go tomorrow in the off-chance that Nole actually participates (!!!1111).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I don't know if it's going to happen for sure. :awww:

arm
07-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Tomorrow's there's supposed to be a ball hockey game and skills competition between 6 ATP players and 6 NHLPA players for charity, at around 2pm local time. They haven't announced which ATP players are going to participate, but apparently they apply the day of so it's all guesswork who will actually be playing. I'm going to try to go tomorrow in the off-chance that Nole actually participates (!!!1111).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I don't know if it's going to happen for sure. :awww:

Sounds cool! :hearts. You may be lucky! Have faith!

camnation
07-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Sounds cool! :hearts. You may be lucky! Have faith!
Thanks! :hug: If he does participate (!!!11) I'll be sure to give you all a report on Nole's mad hockey skillz! ;)

arm
07-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks! :hug: If he does participate (!!!11) I'll be sure to give you all a report on Nole's mad hockey skillz! ;)

I knew you would do that. :hug: Photos too?

camnation
07-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I knew you would do that. :hug: Photos too?
I'll try my best! I'm going kind of late so my seat/spot/position with regards to the "rink" may be compromised, so I apologize in advance if/when my pictures are inferior to the other pictures you fans have taken!

arm
07-19-2008, 04:45 PM
I'll try my best! I'm going kind of late so my seat/spot/position with regards to the "rink" may be compromised, so I apologize in advance if/when my pictures are inferior to the other pictures you fans have taken!

We won't notice the quality if the photos, don't worry. :hug: We will only notice Nole!

arm
07-19-2008, 07:10 PM
R2 Nole vs Ancic :unsure: or Nole vs Frank :bigcry:

But in Nadal's half. :D

pookykiki
07-19-2008, 07:26 PM
I was missing Nole so much but now I begin to feel anguished again. It's hard to be a player fan!
R2 is going to be a very interesting match for some of us ;). I like both, Mario and Franck but I'm sorry The Roger's cup is going to be Nole's cup again! :lol:

Manon
07-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Not easy, cakewalk or whatever draw. I don't like it at all. But Novak won his titles mainly when had tougher draw.

*Ljubica*
07-19-2008, 07:30 PM
:wavey: Being the Nole-addict that I am, I couldn't resist checking here for the draw :o And now I wish I hadn't bothered :o Ancic :help: Dancevic :bolt: I'm being told I would have been better off not coming here and living another night in blissful ignorance:tape:

Anyway - I'm being nagged to turn the PC off :tape: So have a nice evening everyone :hug: Talk to you tomorrow I'm sure :hug:

Ajde Nole :rocker:

Manon
07-19-2008, 07:42 PM
:wavey: Being the Nole-addict that I am, I couldn't resist checking here for the draw :o And now I wish I hadn't bothered :o Ancic :help: Dancevic :bolt: I'm being told I would have been better off not coming here and living another night in blissful ignorance:tape:

Anyway - I'm being nagged to turn the PC off :tape: So have a nice evening everyone :hug: Talk to you tomorrow I'm sure :hug:

Soderling on HC...

But I can't believe - Novak was never defended titles theme! I had to search (only coz of possible mistake) to prove MaryX (Novak fan) that he was never defended only Miami.

Btw, I think Nadal has toughest draw.

But at the end, Novak is No.3, he shouldn't afraid of Ancic's, Dancevic's, Soderling's...

arm
07-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I was missing Nole so much but now I begin to feel anguished again. It's hard to be a player fan!
R2 is going to be a very interesting match for some of us ;). I like both, Mario and Franck but I'm sorry The Roger's cup is going to be Nole's cup again! :lol:

Not easy, cakewalk or whatever draw. I don't like it at all. But Novak won his titles mainly when had tougher draw.

Soderling on HC...

But I can't believe - Novak was never defended titles theme! I had to search (only coz of possible mistake) to prove MaryX (Novak fan) that he was never defended only Miami.

Btw, I think Nadal has toughest draw.

But at the end, Novak is No.3, he shouldn't afraid of Ancic's, Dancevic's, Soderling's...

Calm down guys! It's Nole ON HARD COURT. And he wants the title badly.

He can beat anyone on hard courts, he knows that. He just needs to focus.

Relax! :hug:

Manon
07-19-2008, 08:28 PM
:unsure:ok, don't yel at us:bolt:

but-it's-ok
07-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Calm down guys! It's Nole ON HARD COURT. And he wants the title badly.

He can beat anyone on hard courts, he knows that. He just needs to focus.

Relax! :hug:

Raquel:hug: I agree with you completely. Nole rocks on hard:D ADJE NOLE:worship::rocker2:

Herdwick
07-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Evening - well it couldn't be a tougher draw than last year's and look what happened there.

If he's playing well he can beat any of the players in his quarter. And he'll be bursting for a crack at Rafa on HC. He knows he's got a lot to prove.
Courage Bravehearts!

Manon
07-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Evening Mrs. You're right.

camnation
07-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Arghhh... this draw sucks for Nole! :crying2:

Lee
07-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Ancic, Dancevic and Djokovc. Why oh why? :rolleyes:

sharapower
07-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Good luck Nole ! Bring this tittle back :devil::hug:

njnetswill
07-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Novak's draw is not that bad, although I would have liked to have seen him land in Fed's half. Ancic is dangerous but I think Novak will get by.

Manon
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Rose, he is quite great, no worries.

OLxOhgjPbK8

*Ljubica*
07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
:awww: He's wearing blue - just for me :inlove: :tape:

They just interviewed him on TV - seems quite relaxed and looking forward to the challenge :)

arm
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
I told you! :D

star
07-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Every time a draw is made the first word out of everybody's mouth is "Where's Novak?" He's like the hot potato that nobody wants to get stuck holding at the end. :devil: And then the Fedtards and Nadal fans fight over him for the remainder of the tournament. :rolls:

I agree! I noticed that in the tournament draw thread that there was this argument over whether Nadal or Federer had drawn Djokovic more times. :lol: :lol: I was thinking that argument was incredibly flattering to Djokovic, and was halfway to posting that sentiment, but the argument had dwindled by the time I got to the end of the thread, so I decided not to open old wounds. :angel:

But I saw that somehow the argument got blamed on the Djokotards, and I was like :confused: It was kind of funny.

Anyway, I hope for Djokovic to have great success. I think that draws shouldn't be worried about too much. Unexpected things tend to happen during tournaments. Also, Djokovic is at a point in his career where he needs to learn to overcome adversity in tournaments. There will always be difficult matches and unexpected challenges. People will be gunning for him, and that's ok. It's part of being a top player.

*Ljubica*
07-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Just a quick warning: while you Djokoboppers were sleeping last night, Raquel was converted into a Duckfan in record time so she'll be cheering on Andy from now on. :D

She's young - we allow her some freedom :p No seriously - I admit - I never liked Roddick and I'm still not a "fan", but I've kind of warmed to him over the years more than I ever thought possble :o He'll never be a favourite of mine, because I just don't like the big serving style - but there are far worse out there :angel:

Star -thanks for your nice words - and you know everything gets blamed on Novak and the "Djokotards" nowadays - it's one of the laws of MTF :)

arm
07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Just a quick warning: while you Djokoboppers were sleeping last night, Raquel was converted into a Duckfan in record time so she'll be cheering on Andy from now on. :D

:lol: It was a secret. :o

Like I said, I still need to get used to Andy's serve. :lol:

And I could never betray "my" Nole. :inlove:

I agree! I noticed that in the tournament draw thread that there was this argument over whether Nadal or Federer had drawn Djokovic more times. :lol: :lol: I was thinking that argument was incredibly flattering to Djokovic, and was halfway to posting that sentiment, but the argument had dwindled by the time I got to the end of the thread, so I decided not to open old wounds. :angel:

But I saw that somehow the argument got blamed on the Djokotards, and I was like :confused: It was kind of funny.

Anyway, I hope for Djokovic to have great success. I think that draws shouldn't be worried about too much. Unexpected things tend to happen during tournaments. Also, Djokovic is at a point in his career where he needs to learn to overcome adversity in tournaments. There will always be difficult matches and unexpected challenges. People will be gunning for him, and that's ok. It's part of being a top player.

The usual. :lol: You're always wise. :hug:

She's young - we allow her some freedom :p No seriously - I admit - I never liked Roddick and I'm still not a "fan", but I've kind of warmed to him over the years more than I ever thought possble :o He'll never be a favourite of mine, because I just don't like the big serving style - but there are far worse out there :angel:

Star -thanks for your nice words - and you know everything gets blamed on Novak and the "Djokotards" nowadays - it's one of the laws of MTF :)

Don't worry, Rose. The sharing is still up. No matter how my feeling for Andy develop, I will never betray Nole. :inlove:

Herdwick
07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes! Home now. Excuse the self-indulgent celebration here but we've finally switched from Virgin to Sky so I've now got my red button for choice of courts. And Tipsy's on 3rd on Grandstand today!

star
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Nole is the new Hewitt/Roddick/Nadal. :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately for me I'm a fan of all these guys. I remember the old days and how I got ripped for supporting Hewitt and Roddick. By the time Nadal came around I was ready for it, and now with Djokovic? Piece of cake. :devil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Tangy has been through those same wars too, only with a different spin because she actually got ripped by FedFans for supporting Federer. :rolls:

Manon
07-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey fellow countryman:hug:

Lee
07-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Christine, can't rep you back so here's the answer.

No I didn't drive thru your part of town (I don't know exactly if the town I have in mind is the right one though :lol:) but I turned east after Page. On the return trip, we stick to I-15 and stopped in St. George, Utah. Not much scenary to talk about but we wanted to be home fast and worried being slowed down along the scenic routes.

But we plan to visit your part of the world for our vacation.

Thanks and that's my dog Brutus eyeing my niece's cat Mia. Brutus was a terror to Mia inside the house. He wanted to know Mia better but his eagerness :p scared the cat

Lee
07-21-2008, 05:11 PM

I have stayed away from GM during my vacation and although I'm back I have no desire to return :lol:

*Ljubica*
07-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Nole is the new Hewitt/Roddick/Nadal. :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately for me I'm a fan of all these guys. I remember the old days and how I got ripped for supporting Hewitt and Roddick. By the time Nadal came around I was ready for it, and now with Djokovic? Piece of cake. :devil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Tangy has been through those same wars too, only with a different spin because she actually got ripped by FedFans for supporting Federer. :rolls:

You are made of stronger stuff than me :lol: I'm like Lee - the further away I am from GM these days, the better I like it - life's too short for all that cr*p :rolleyes: I still lurk from time to time, and check thread titles for anything that might look to be of interest, but any interesting discussions are just lost in the dross, and I have so many regular posters there on Ignore now, that sometimes I can see a whole page with no posts at all :help:

Herdwick
07-21-2008, 06:03 PM
For those of you resisting the siren call of GM, I should mention that Clay Death is back...

*Ljubica*
07-21-2008, 06:25 PM
For those of you resisting the siren call of GM, I should mention that Clay Death is back...

I liked Clay Death :awww:I never understood why he was banned while fools like GlennM remained to repeat their same old garbage over and over again :confused:

kalisita
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know why his knee was taped?

Lee
07-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I liked Clay Death :awww:I never understood why he was banned while fools like GlennM remained to repeat their same old garbage over and over again :confused:

CD made the mistake of creating a thread complaining and didn't stop when he was told, which gave the mods the reason to temporary ban him. For GM, when you have more than half of the members on this board as mean spirit, it's difficult to ban him unless he crossed the line and he's smart in just staying on top of the line and not crossing it. Of course, where the line is drawn is different for members but he knows where the lines are for admins.

Herdwick
07-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Me too! He's a one-off and almost never malicous. GM is just an utterly vile poster...

*Ljubica*
07-21-2008, 07:08 PM
CD made the mistake of creating a thread complaining and didn't stop when he was told, which gave the mods the reason to temporary ban him. For GM, when you have more than half of the members on this board as mean spirit, it's difficult to ban him unless he crossed the line and he's smart in just staying on top of the line and not crossing it. Of course, where the line is drawn is different for members but he knows where the lines are for admins.

Yes - I do see what you mean - but I do truly think that GM deserves a ban :shrug: And not just for the "Fakervic" stuff - like Herdwick says he is a truly vile poster, and his every post is full of hate and vitriol. Still - I realise not the place to discuss it really :)

njnetswill
07-21-2008, 08:05 PM
GM (General Messages) should be banned altogether. :p

I still like the Funny Fotos thread. And the Ranking Update thread. :)

Everything else is a risky venture.

*Ljubica*
07-21-2008, 09:09 PM
GM (General Messages) should be banned altogether. :p

Start a thread over there suggesting it, and see what happens :p

Manon
07-21-2008, 09:24 PM

Of course. I can't remember when CD insulted someone. This other one (as you know) for a just one week insulted Ali and me, his posts were immediately deleted but he is here, 'unharmed'. If someone can say 'Stupid Serbs, morons, idiots...' and nothing happened it is all clear.

My only hope is Ali and his crusader attitude (as you know again).

neenah
07-21-2008, 09:42 PM

Agreed. And the Funny/Ugly/Weird, etc. Trophies thread :p

Lee
07-21-2008, 09:54 PM

Agreed. And the Funny/Ugly/Weird, etc. Trophies thread :p

These threads can be moved to NT.

Anyway, if GM is banned, all the polluters (as used by DhammaTiger/Ali) will start polluting NT :p

camnation
07-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Order of play for tomorrow! http://www.rogerscupmen.com/2/en/draws/OrderOfPlayTuesday.pdf
Nole to play the winner of Dancevic/Ancic in the evening session.
Darnit, I need to get tickets for that then! What if they sell out by tomorrow? Arrgghh! (Flies away in a frenzy)

Manon
07-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Grazie camnation.

arm
07-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Dancevic breaks! :D

Lee
07-22-2008, 12:29 AM
And he holds :bigclap:

arm
07-22-2008, 12:35 AM
And he holds :bigclap:

I am impressed! :D

pookykiki
07-22-2008, 12:36 AM
I like Dancevic but I prefer a Mario/Nole match in the next round! Guys who are supported by the crowd are more dangerous and particularly, I want the hottie duel. ;) :angel:

arm
07-22-2008, 12:39 AM
I like Dancevic but I prefer a Mario/Nole match in the next round! Guys who are supported by the crowd are more dangerous and particularly, I want the hottie duel. ;) :angel:

Dancevic is my second favourite player. :hearts: And I think it is a lot more dangerous if Nole plays Ancic. The crowd also likes Nole, he won last year. ;)

arm
07-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Dancevic wins the first set! :D

pookykiki
07-22-2008, 12:45 AM
I don't know how the canadiense are when they watch tennis but in France and in Spain the crowd always support the national player even if he plays bad and even if they like the other player. :shrug: I hate this national feeling in tennis. I'm spanish and I don't like Feliciano Lopez! :angel:

arm
07-22-2008, 12:52 AM
I don't know how the canadiense are when they watch tennis but in France and in Spain the crowd always support the national player even if he plays bad and even if they like the other player. :shrug: I hate this national feeling in tennis. I'm spanish and I don't like Feliciano Lopez! :angel:

I know how "nuestros hermanos" work. Believe me, I know. Did I mention that sometimes I almost feel spanish - I live 10 kms from Spain. :lol:

But I like Feliciano Lopez :drool::lol:

arm
07-22-2008, 12:57 AM
:woohoo: Dancevic breaks back!

Where is Lee to celebrate with me?

pookykiki
07-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Last year, at the Madrid Master series, a spanish old guy insulted me because I was cheering for Nole and he was playing against Ferrero. He yelled so much that the referee asked us to keep quiet. I risked my life for Novak! :lol:
Concerning Feliciano Lopez it was a bad example if you like him ;).
Do you go sometimes to Spain? Galicia is a wonderful region, trust me! If you are bored this summer you can come to visit La Coruña!

arm
07-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Last year, at the Madrid Master series, a spanish old guy insulted me because I was cheering for Nole and he was playing against Ferrero. He yelled so much that the referee asked us to keep quiet. I risked my life for Novak! :lol:
Concerning Feliciano Lopez it was a bad example if you like him ;).
Do you go sometimes to Spain? Galicia is a wonderful region, trust me! If you are bored this summer you can come to visit La Coruña!

I spent the new year's eve (2006 to 2007) in La Coruña! I loved the museum. It is a very nice city! In fact, I know Spain almost as well as I know Portugal. I've been almost everywhere in Spain. :lol: Maybe not everywhere, but in a lot of places! :)´

You are a true Nole fan! :worship:

pookykiki
07-22-2008, 01:22 AM
I spent the new year's eve (2006 to 2007) in La Coruña! I loved the museum. It is a very nice city! In fact, I know Spain almost as well as I know Portugal. I've been almost everywhere in Spain. :lol: Maybe not everywhere, but in a lot of places! :)´

You are a true Nole fan! :worship:

Does that mean that you don't accept my invitation because you already know the city? :angel: :lol:
I love La Coruña but it's a weird destination for the new year's eve! People generally choose Barcelona or Madrid! :rolleyes:

arm
07-22-2008, 01:27 AM
Does that mean that you don't accept my invitation because you already know the city? :angel: :lol:
I love La Coruña but it's a weird destination for the new year's eve! People generally choose Barcelona or Madrid! :rolleyes:

No, it doesn't. :angel: Invitation accepted. :hug:

I've been to Madrid and Barcelona a lot of times. :lol: A lot, really. And we, me and my family, had never been to La Coruña, so we just booked a hotel and drove to the north. It was quite cool!

I know Galicia quite well: Santiago de Compostela, Vigo, O Grove, La Coruña, etc. And I also know quite well the rest of your country. ;)

Do you know mine? :)

pookykiki
07-22-2008, 01:40 AM
When I was a kid I went to Coimbra but since I'm older enough to enjoy travelling and visiting countries I didn't go back! That's a shame because I think that is a wonderful country with wonderful people and it's close to Galicia so I don't have any excuse :angel:

Edit: congrats to Dancevic!

arm
07-22-2008, 01:44 AM
When I was a kid I went to Coimbra but since I'm older enough to enjoy travelling and visiting countries I didn't go back! That's a shame because I think that is a wonderful country with wonderful people and it's close to Galicia so I don't have any excuse :angel:

Edit: congrats to Dancevic!

I am not sure if you know this, but I was born in Coimbra and plan to live there again from Sepetember on. :)

And you right, you have no excuse! :rolleyes:

Dancevic :yeah::hug:

arm
07-22-2008, 01:52 AM
:yawn: I could use some sleep.

Tomorrow is the day we get to see Nole again! :inlove: Great day tomorrow! :D

See you tomorrow! :wavey:

pookykiki
07-22-2008, 01:54 AM
I remember that Coimbra was incredibly beautiful and that my foot hurted :lol:! You are going to study there?

Btw I'm going to bed! I need some rest because tomorrow is the day! ;) :love:

It was very cool talking to you! Buenas noches! :hug:

arm
07-22-2008, 01:59 AM
I remember that Coimbra was incredibly beautiful and that my foot hurted :lol:! You are going to study there?

Btw I'm going to bed! I need some rest because tomorrow is the day! ;) :love:

It was very cool talking to you! Buenas noches! :hug:

I plant to study there. :)

Nice talking to you too. :hug: Boa noite :p

Tomorrow is the day :inlove:

Lee
07-22-2008, 02:47 AM

Frank is pretty hot too! Especially today!

:woohoo: Dancevic breaks back!

Where is Lee to celebrate with me?

:awww: Lee was busy cooking dinner and the broadcast here was totally messed up and there's no signal for the final game. :mad:

camnation
07-22-2008, 03:09 AM
I can't be the only one who was a little disappointed to see Dancevic losing? *Dodges rotten fruit* Don't get me wrong, I like Dancevic a lot (I have to, I'm Canadian lol), but argh, I don't want to see Djokovic as the adversary/villain tomorrow night. I hope I won't be a black sheep in the crowd when everyone else is cheering for Frank. :o
Again, blame the draw.

star
07-22-2008, 04:06 AM
I can't be the only one who was a little disappointed to see Dancevic losing? *Dodges rotten fruit* Don't get me wrong, I like Dancevic a lot (I have to, I'm Canadian lol), but argh, I don't want to see Djokovic as the adversary/villain tomorrow night. I hope I won't be a black sheep in the crowd when everyone else is cheering for Frank. :o
Again, blame the draw.

I've been there so I know how you feel. :hug: I've been in an American crowds cheering for players who were playing against either Sampras or Agassi. I got stares. :lol: :lol: And it's a little hard to hear the whole crowd roaring when you are sort of aching for your guy. :sad:

*Ljubica*
07-22-2008, 05:14 AM
Girls - you are not alone being the lone supporter of a player in a hostile crowd:sad: Three years ago I swear I was the only person cheering for Dima against Tim Henman on Centre Court :awww: I like Tim but I :inlove: Dima...........and back in the 90's (showing my age here :o ) I cheered for Goran against a Brit called Chris Bailey again on Centre Court. Both were 5 set matches and I was surely not popular with those around me :sad:Oh and then there were my pathetic "Ajde Viktor" efforts against hundreds of evil French fans when he played Gicquel at RG this year :help:

As for Dancevic :help: I feel sick already. And I don't really think Nole will worry so much about the crowd - sadly he's getting used to it these days.

camnation - enjoy :hug: And from my own point of view- can I just say "F***! :o - because a night match means no live TV coverage for us, and I can't stay up all night in the week anyway :bigcry:

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Come on - it's only 12:30am!

Think I will have to cough up for ATPMTV - can't miss this one. I assume Sky don't do a BBC and broadcast behind the RB even when it's not on normal TV....

*Ljubica*
07-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Come on - it's only 12:30am!

Think I will have to cough up for ATPMTV - can't miss this one. I assume Sky don't do a BBC and broadcast behind the RB even when it's not on normal TV....

12.30am is way too late for me when I get up at 5.30am :spit: I had 3 hours sleep last night (because of Janko :rolleyes: ) and likely the same again tonight. And - no - don't think there will be a Sky live broadcast - will just be shown again on the highlights programme tomorrow afternoon. The only time they go through the night is for the US Open. I refuse to pay for ATP TV just for one match though - will have to rely on Betfair or Bet365 and a live scoreboard :rolleyes:

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Betfair's screen doesn't expand does it? ATPMTV is only 6 euros for 24 hours - think I can stretch to that. And I won't sleep if I go to bed anyway.

Watching part of the replay yesterday reminded me just how good he can be. Don't have a good feeling about this one at all though - first match back and against the home fav - but am comforting myself with the thought that surely he can't bomb in 2 consecutive tournaments, can he?

*Ljubica*
07-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Betfair's screen doesn't expand does it? ATPMTV is only 6 euros for 24 hours - think I can stretch to that. And I won't sleep if I go to bed anyway.

Watching part of the replay yesterday reminded me just how good he can be. Don't have a good feeling about this one at all though - first match back and against the home fav - but am comforting myself with the thought that surely he can't bomb in 2 consecutive tournaments, can he?

No it doesn't expand :sad: Not that I've ever found anyway. And I really have a bad feeling too:help: Where is our sunny Raquel when you need her?

arm
07-22-2008, 12:49 PM

:hug: Easy win for him today. He is used to not having the crowd supporting him. It won't make a difference, believe me.

I would be a lot more :scared: if he was playing Ancic.

arm
07-22-2008, 12:50 PM
No it doesn't expand :sad: Not that I've ever found anyway. And I really have a bad feeling too:help: Where is our sunny Raquel when you need her?

I am right here. :lol:

You girls are too :unsure:. It's Nole we are talking about. And he is not playing on grass or clay. Where is he playing? It's hard courts!

If there's someone who can beat anyone on HC, it's him. :lol: Meaning, he is probably the best hard courter out there right now!

Manon
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi girlz :wavey: Atlast rainy and pretty cold day here.

*Ljubica*
07-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi Misha :wavey: Raquel - thanks for your positivity :)

neenah
07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Go Nole :rocker2: Have I even posted in this thread yet?? What was I waiting for?? :p

Lee
07-22-2008, 05:00 PM
The other GM is bashing Lee in one of the chat threads in NT. http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9445.gif

What a surprise!!!!!! :eek:

Lee
07-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I was sooooo hope for the Polansky match but after the rain delay, TTC goes to Roddick/Mahut! :mad:

arm
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Second favorite after Andy, right? :p

The other GM is bashing Lee in one of the chat threads in NT. http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9445.gif

Good luck to Novak today, he'll need it against the hometown favorite. :bigclap:

:rolleyes: Well.... :o

arm
07-22-2008, 09:03 PM
All right, I can see that your new status as Andy's protector is making you uncomfortable so I won't push it any further. :hug: ;)

Novak's match can't start soon enough. http://i3.tinypic.com/6o2uxpk.jpg

Not at all. :lol: It's just that Andy still needs to play a lot of matches in order for me to get used to his serve and become his fan. :lol:

And then thare's "my" Nole and dancevic, it will be hard for him to get in my top 2. :rolleyes:

Yes, I can barely wait! :D

Lee
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Tangy, stop corrupting young girls like Raquel here :mad:

arm
07-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Tangy, stop corrupting young girls like Raquel here :mad:

It's not only her! It is also her friends from Andy's board, they are all so nice that they made me want to cheer for Andy. :hug:

Lee
07-22-2008, 09:10 PM
It's not only her! It is also her friends from Andy's board, they are all so nice that they made want to cheer for Andy. :hug:

I know, they are a scary bunch! :scared:

Lee
07-22-2008, 09:57 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/11qpb4g.gif Duck fans are the bestest!

Back to Novak: go Nova!

No way!!!!!

Djokovicboppers are the bestestest! ;)

arm
07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/11qpb4g.gif Duck fans are the bestest!

Back to Novak: go Nova!

Sorry, but we are still the best. You guys are the second best, for sure. :hug:

You're here, aren«t you? :lol: You like us. :p And Nole, of course. Everyone should like Nole. :lol:

No way!!!!!

Djokovicboppers are the bestestest! ;)

Exactly. :yeah:

arm
07-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Coutdown: 1 hour and 15 minutes! :inlove:

:lol:

Lee
07-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Coutdown: 1 hour and 15 minutes! :inlove:

:lol:

My family may have to go hungry tonight :scared:

arm
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
My family may have to go hungry tonight :scared:

Why don't you ask hubby and son to cook dinner while you watch Nole?

Lee
07-22-2008, 10:19 PM
At first, I was like "What did Guga have anything to do with Nole?" :rolls:

Lee
07-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Why don't you ask hubby and son to cook dinner while you watch Nole?

hubby and son to cook dinner :eek: :bolt:

arm
07-22-2008, 10:21 PM
At first, I was like "What did Guga have anything to do with Nole?" :rolls:

:lol: So true, I really like Dancevic just the way he is, but he could use a hair cut. :lol:

arm
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
hubby and son to cook dinner :eek: :bolt:

It would be a different and probably interesting experience. :lol: Give them a try!

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Evening - who's going to be watching then?

Had a couple of hours sleep so ready to go. Bit nervous though...

Now do I pay for a day's ATPMTV (BTW does anyone know if is 24 hours from when you pay or a calendar day in the country of the tournament?) or just squint at a tiny Betfair window?

Lee
07-22-2008, 10:24 PM
:lol: So true, I really like Dancevic just the way he is, but he could use a hair cut. :lol:

I don't understand, :confused: the curly hair on Guga looks really cute but somehow, it's totally wrong on Frank.

And Bellucci grunts just like Guga :hearts: Plus shirtless Sá in the player's box. :drool:

Lee
07-22-2008, 10:25 PM
It would be a different and probably interesting experience. :lol: Give them a try!

I know what will be on the table, instant noodle or canned soap :p

arm
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM

Now do I pay for a day's ATPMTV (BTW does anyone know if is 24 hours from when you pay or a calendar day in the country of the tournament?) or just squint at a tiny Betfair window?

Hey! Glad to know you'll be watching Nole. :hug:

Honestly? Forget about ATPMTV, berfair or bet365 works just fine to me! :shrug:

But it's your call.

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Can't see past the hair on Frank - someone should have a word.

arm
07-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I know what will be on the table, instant noodle or canned soap :p

It's a sacrifice your family does for Nole. :shrug: He deserves it. :lol:

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Would be happy with Betfair if it was scaleable or the only option - but find it really small for a whole match. It's only 6 euros...

arm
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Would be happy with Betfair if it was scaleable or the only option - but find it really small for a whole match. It's only 6 euros...

Then do it! I guess I am just so happy to watch Nole again that I dont care about the size of the screen. :lol:

arm
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Fellows, I need a shower to feel ready to watch Nole. :lol:

I'll be back in, let's say, 20 minutes? Not more than 30, I am sure. :hug:

Lee
07-22-2008, 10:38 PM

It's 24 hours access from the moment you subscribe.

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Then do it! I guess I am just so happy to watch Nole again that I dont care about the size of the screen. :lol:

There are remarks begging to be made here but I shall desist...

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 10:40 PM
It's 24 hours access from the moment you subscribe.

Thank you. Having now read the small print - that's surely a first - have concluded the same.

Lee
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
It's a sacrifice your family does for Nole. :shrug: He deserves it. :lol:

Hubby doesn't even know who's who. :rolls: But he can buy takeout on his way home from work tonight but I feel like a terrible wife. :o

Fellows, I need a shower to feel ready to watch Nole. :lol:

I'll be back in, let's say, 20 minutes? Not more than 30, I am sure. :hug:

Doesn't pro shower after matches? ;)

arm
07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Hubby doesn't even know who's who. :rolls: But he can buy takeout on his way home from work tonight but I feel like a terrible wife. :o

Doesn't pro shower after matches? ;)

You shouldn't. :hug: I only know you in virtual world, but I have this idea that you are a great mom and wife. :hug:

Before and after. :lol: I really needed a shower. I feel fresh and ready now!

Lee
07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks Raquel! Flattery will get you anywhere! :lol: I am not a great wife but my hubby really spoils me. :inlove:

arm
07-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks Raquel! Flattery will get you anywhere! :lol: I am not a great wife but my hubby really spoils me. :inlove:

I am sure you deserve. :hug:

Countdown: a few minutes! :D

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Mainlining strong black coffee here - have to get up at 6.30am for work so am hoping for straight sets victory.

Lee
07-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Why TTC is showing the warm up of Dima and Lapentti? Dima wearing the same shirt as Tipsy :o

Lee
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
:worship: Raquel and Herdwick

Lee
07-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Why TTC is showing the warm up of Dima and Lapentti? Dima wearing the same shirt as Tipsy :o

:o I thought the match starts at 7:00pm et but it's 7:30pm et.

arm
07-22-2008, 11:16 PM
We are all ready. :lol: And so is Nole, for sure.

:hug::hug::hug::hug: For all of us Nole fans who have to face GM and its posters and of course for Nole! :inlove:

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 11:18 PM
GM is quite gentle and civilised tonight...

ATPTV primed and ready to go in widescreen - now please don't let it rain

Where's Rosie - this is just not good enough. This is Sparta...no sleep allowed.

arm
07-22-2008, 11:19 PM
GM is quite gentle and civilised tonight...

I know. :lol: BigJohn is actually cool. He just happens to dislike Nole.

Lee
07-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I know. :lol: BigJohn is actually cool. He just happens to dislike Nole.

He's a good guy!

arm
07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
He's a good guy!

Yes, he is. My Non-Tennis friend. :)

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Now as it's a night match are we to be treated to the black?

arm
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM

:lol: I guess so. Come on, let us watch him warm up! :drool:

Herdwick
Dear heaven - it's Agent Orange!

And Frank - you know that ponytail is quite ridiculous...

kalisita

Doesn't look like it. I must say I don't like these new Adidas outfits for the summer that much. They're not bad but not great either.

arm
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Finally! :inlove:

pookykiki
07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Hello I'm in :wavey:! I have to wake up in 6 hours! Raquel, can you say something comforting I'm feelin excited and nervous :lol: :angel:

arm
07-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Hello I'm in :wavey:! I have to wake up in 6 hours! Raquel, can you say something comforting I'm feelin excited and nervous :lol: :angel:

Of course I can!

Nole is back :woohoo: We love him and he is ready for this!

Lee
07-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Nole needs to be more aggressive. Dancevic is called mini-Fed for a reason and putting the ball back to play vs him won't work.

Finally he holds.

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Quite right - and Nole's serve is still in Italy.

Lee
It's nerve whacking already so :wavey:

*Ljubica*
:wavey: I got up - Alex says I'm "sad" :spit: If he doesn't win quickly though I'm going back to bed because my head hurts :awww:

kalisita
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Nole looks just a little off. I really wished he was playing Ancic. Dancevic this early can do some damage I fear.

arm
07-22-2008, 11:54 PM
He is just warming up, girls. ;)

Herdwick
07-22-2008, 11:55 PM
:wavey: I got up - Alex says I'm "sad" :spit: If he doesn't win quickly though I'm going back to bed because my head hurts :awww:

:wavey: Knew you wouldn't desert us. It looks like we'll need all the moral support we can get tonight.

Nole looks just a little off. I really wished he was playing Ancic. Dancevic this early can do some damage I fear.

I fear the same...

And that shirt/shorts colour combo is just doing my head in - truly dire.

pookykiki
07-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Of course I can!

Nole is back :woohoo: We love him and he is ready for this!

Thanks a lot little miss sunshine :)

Nole seems quiet nervous...

kalisita
07-22-2008, 11:57 PM
I fear the same...

Especially against the blue-lime court.

arm
07-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks a lot little miss sunshine :)

Nole seems quiet nervous...

You're welcome. See? He is raising the level. :)

Herdwick
07-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Better - forehand now unpacked but serve is still sunning itself on the beach.

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:02 AM
:wavey: Knew you wouldn't desert us. It looks like we'll need all the moral support we can get tonight.

I fear the same...

:awww: I quite like the red and grey(or is it blue?) . Btw - my bet365 stream tends to misbehave if I have anything else open, so I may not post here much - but I am here - even though Alex has taught me a whole new line in vile Serbian swear words when he realised I really WAS getting up :tape:

Btw - as I am not Little Miss Sunshine I see Dancevic winning this in straights :unsure: I don't like his serve :help:

arm
07-23-2008, 12:03 AM
:awww: I quite like the red and grey. Btw - my bet365 stream tends to misbehave if I have anything else open, so I may not post here much - but I am here - even though Alex has taught me a whole new line in vile Serbian swear words when he realised I really WAS getting up :tape:

It's for a good cause. :p

Herdwick
07-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Red and grey wouldn't be too bad but it's orange and pale blue on my screen - yuk. Anyone else? Is it my settings?

arm
07-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Red and grey wouldn't be too bad but it's orange and pale blue on my screen - yuk. Anyone else? Is it my settings?

It looks red to me. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:06 AM

To me it's quite a bright red (scarlet?) - but looking more closely through my sleep deprived eyes - I think the shorts and flashes on the shirt are pale blue, not grey:shrug:

Aleka
07-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm getting that too. But it's a redish orange, I guess :lol: Anyhow, that is what made me come here :lol: Ajde!!

Everyone :hatoff:

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm getting that too. But it's a redish orange, I guess :lol: Anyhow, that is what made me come here :lol: Ajde!!

Everyone :hatoff:

Hi Aleka :wavey: See Dima won the first set :yeah:

arm
07-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Time to break, Nole. ;) :hug:

pookykiki
07-23-2008, 12:19 AM

Herdwick
That's our boy!! He knows we need our sleep.

arm

Nole and I really get along fine. I mean, I told him to break and what did he do? He broke Dancevic. :inlove:

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM
The ranking shows the difference at crunch time.

ALEKA!!!!!

and ROSIE!!!!!!

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:21 AM
I think Nole's shirt is orange and aqua blue. It's defintely not red. Compare it to the linespeople red shirt and the Maple flag ;)

Herdwick
07-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Nole and I really get along fine. I mean, I told him to break and what did he do? He broke Dancevic. :inlove:

Keep it up...you're both doing a grand job.

And what is that announcer bellowing about at the changeovers? Most distracting...

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:22 AM

He did:)

Btw - how are the crowd? I promised Alex I wouldn't have the sound on so as not to disturb him too much :awww: So I can't hear how they are behaving towards Nole.

Btw- he did just get up to get a glass of water (I feel guilty now), and said "hello crazy girls" :tape: So that's a "hello" to you from my beloved :)

Herdwick
07-23-2008, 12:22 AM
I think Nole's shirt is orange and aqua blue. It's defintely not red. Compare it to the linespeople red shirt and the Maple flag ;)

Yep - definitely bright orange. Oh well - better get used to it I guess. It will hopefully play a starring role at the USO.

kalisita
07-23-2008, 12:23 AM
He's playing better and better as the match goes on. Let's hope that continues because you can still see the lack of match play. I hope he relaxes now that the first set is his. :)

Herdwick
07-23-2008, 12:24 AM

Btw - how are the crowd? I promised Alex I wouldn't have the sound on so as not to disturb him too much :awww: So I can't hear how they are behaving towards Nole.

Btw- he did just get up to get a glass of water (I feel guilty now), and said "hello crazy girls" :tape: So that's a "hello" to you from my beloved :)

Big kisses to Alex from everyone here.

Crowd seem fine. Pro-Frank of course but perfectly respectful. I'd expect nothing less of Canadians...

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Rosie, the Canadians are very supportive but polite ;) Actually, there are many supporters for Nole and many Serbia flags there.

arm
07-23-2008, 12:25 AM

Say hello from us too. :wavey: :lol: Your man is really cool, just like you. :hug:

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Yep - definitely bright orange. Oh well - better get used to it I guess. It will hopefully play a starring role at the USO.

I still think it's more red :shrug: But I will bow to the majority - and say orange :)

Hi Lee :wavey: :kiss:

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Rosie, the Canadians are very supportive but polite ;) Actually, there are many supporters for Nole and many Serbia flags there.

Thanks - yes must admit that was my impression from previous years when Canadian players were involved. Perhaps more like a Wimbledon crowd than a Roland Garros one?:) I saw a very pretty girl wavng a Serbia flag on screen - I just can't actually hear anything :shrug:

And thanks Raquel :hug: Yes - he is pretty cool :inlove: He even just threw a bar of chocolate at me as he walked back upstairs -said I might need it to keep awake til the end of the match :awww:

arm
07-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks - yes must admit that was my impression from previous years when Canadian players were involved. Perhaps more like a Wimbledon crowd than a Roland Garros one?:) I saw a very pretty girl wavng a Serbia flag on screen - I just can't actually hear anything :shrug:

And thanks Raquel :hug: Yes - he is pretty cool :inlove: He even just threw a bar of chocolate at me as he walked back upstairs -said I might need it to keep awake til the end of the match :awww:

So he is not only cool but also sweet. But that we already knew. :lol:

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Rosie, Alex is one to keep ;)

Toronto is a city with all kinds of ethnicity. Look at the most famous Canadian players :lol: both Nestor and Dancevic have Serbia heritage.

arm
07-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Well, I really missed Nole. But let me tell you, this really is a heel of a match. Nole and Dancevic :inlove::drool:

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Please finish the match before the storm rolls in :tape:

Herdwick
07-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Fanfare...

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Best match so far in this tournament!

arm
07-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Best match so far in this tournament!

Best match of this whole tournament for sure! IMO! I don't need to watch the others, these 2 players just made my day. :hearts:

Herdwick
07-23-2008, 12:43 AM
This ATPMTV is great - no commentary or adverts - could get into this.

OT - no sign of Jelena. Thought she might have made the trip as she's apparently finished university. Guess she may be sitting elsewhere though...

arm
07-23-2008, 12:45 AM

OT - no sign of Jelena. Thought she might have made the trip as she's apparently finished university. Guess she may be sitting elsewhere though...

She better not be there. :tape: The 2 times she was watching him, he lost. (Dubai and Marseille) :unsure:

Lee
Now my dear fellow Canadians in York, we can do a better wave than that pathetic one :p

*Ljubica*

She better not turn up mid-tournament and ruin his concentration :devil:

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:46 AM
She better not be there. :tape: The 2 times she was watching him, he lost. (Dubai and Marseille) :unsure:

And her 2007 records were not much better :tape:

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:46 AM
MP Nole

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Not a clever move Nole ;)

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:48 AM
You better serve this out Nole - no wavering :devil:

arm
07-23-2008, 12:50 AM
:haha: Dancevic! :hearts:

kalisita
07-23-2008, 12:51 AM
You better serve this out Nole - no wavering :devil:

Please Please Please! 15-30 now.

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:51 AM
:haha: Dancevic! :hearts:

He's soooooo cute!

arm
07-23-2008, 12:52 AM
He's soooooo cute!

Oh, yes he is. :inlove:

arm
F*ck :sad:

kalisita
First DF! He still has trouble closing out matches. Second serve!

arm
07-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Break him now, Nole! :hug:

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Nole :smash:

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:54 AM
No - he's NOT :devil: Nole just got broken serving for the match - if this goes to a final set I will die :(

Herdwick
07-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Doh! I actually think he plays the big points worse this year than he did last.

Lee
07-23-2008, 12:55 AM
I love that the fans supporting Nole and Frank sitting peacefully together cheering for their players.

*Ljubica*
07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Doh! I actually think he plays the big points worse this year than he did last.

He gets really tight:awww: And I STILL have a bad feeling about this match - wasted match points and the crowd supporting your opponent :unsure:

Come on Nole :rocker: