Rafa willl be n° 1 before the end of the year [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa willl be n° 1 before the end of the year

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Hi all !

I am new on this board and I am very happy to be there ! For my first discussion, I wanted to explain briefly why I think Rafa will be number 1 soon and I would like to jnow what you think about it.

Whe have all seen lately that Rafa had easily defeated Federer at Wimbledon, though it is not supposed to be his favorite terrain, so that proves that he has become very strong, even more strong than the so-called "genius" Federer.

It is well-known that Rafa is much better than Federer at Roland Garros, considering that he humiliated the present number 1 every time they met on this surface, and know he can also win on grass, so that means that if he ends up being as good on synthetic as he has become on grass, no one will be able to beat him.

Do you agree with the fact tht Rafa will soon pass Federer and that Federer is becoming tired and ages a lot ?

Sunset of Age
07-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Whe have all seen lately that Rafa had easily defeated Federer at Wimbledon,

You rmust have seen quite a different final than I have...

And it's quite common knowledge to know that Rafa will soon be #1. No rocket science needed to be able to acknowledge that.

elessar
07-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Another fucking clueless newbie and a Faker fan to boot, that's a lot for one person...
Linda will be pleased :D

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 12:43 AM
You are very agressive !

Just because I scratched your adored player doesn't mean I'm not a true fan and I know I'm talking about. So you're the clueless newbie here.

I will be pleased to meet Linda too.

Instead of attacking me, do you have anything clever to say ?

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:00 AM
"scratched" ? :hearts: When ? :inlove:

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 01:02 AM
When he was poorly losing against the greatest player of this generation.

Don't be sad.

tennizen
07-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Jordan is this your new double account. If so I like it already:D

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:10 AM
When he was poorly losing against the greatest player of this generation.

Don't be sad.
Well of course he's the best player of his generation :shrug: Roger obviously belongs to a different one (the one with talented players in it) and Rafa only has to contend with Djokovic :shrug:

tennizen
07-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Well of course he's the best player of his generation :shrug: Roger obviously belongs to a different one (the one with talented players in it) and Rafa only has to contend with Djokovic :shrug:

Weak era, this Nadal belongs to.

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Weak era, this Nadal belongs to.
Clearly :D

As soon as I saw the flag I thought about Jordan too BTW :spit:

TMJordan
07-17-2008, 01:14 AM
Yes it's me. What you gonna do? :shrug:

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Shame there's no mod in this forum really, :sighsdeeply:

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Shame there's no mod in this forum really, :sighsdeeply:

I totally agree with you on this one, it could keep my thread from being polluted by off-topic posts.

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:31 AM
I totally agree with you on this one, it could keep my thread from being polluted by off-topic posts.
I'm struggling to see any on-topic postS so far :cool:

Oh wait ! there it is :

Vamos Rafa, you're the best :bigclap:

GO RAFA TOP 2 NOW
TOP 1.5 MAYBE 1.4 BY JULY

TOP 1 AFTER THE USO

GO RAFAAAA

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 01:36 AM

Oh wait ! there it is :

GO RAFA TOP 2 NOW

TOP 1 AFTER THE USO

GO RAFAAAA

I think you're a little optimistic with the top 1.4 in July, but definitely top 1 after USO is something likely. Great to see that you can accept Rafa's talent ! You're a good person.

Sunset of Age
07-17-2008, 01:37 AM
I think you're a little optimistic with the top 1.4 in July, but definitely top 1 after USO is something likely. Great to see that you can accept Rafa's talent ! You're a good person.

IQ = 70, no? :retard:

Bibberz
07-17-2008, 01:43 AM
"scratched" ? :hearts: When ? :inlove:

Èclair comes out swinging! I like it, but she didn't have to single out the newest (and therefore weakest :o) member of the herd....

elessar
07-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Èclair comes out swinging! I like it, but she didn't have to single out the newest (and therefore weakest :o) member of the herd....

Oh trust me she's not the weakest :hug:

Mimi
07-17-2008, 02:02 AM
hi MasterSoda :D

welcome, and enjoy posting here :D

just some advice to you: rafa is the most hatred player here coz he offended the roger fans by beating him too many times ;), so if you want to write things about nadal, try to refrain from posting in General Message but here in his own forum, to avoid being attacked ;)

Hi all !

I am new on this board and I am very happy to be there ! For my first discussion, I wanted to explain briefly why I think Rafa will be number 1 soon and I would like to jnow what you think about it.

Whe have all seen lately that Rafa had easily defeated Federer at Wimbledon, though it is not supposed to be his favorite terrain, so that proves that he has become very strong, even more strong than the so-called "genius" Federer.

It is well-known that Rafa is much better than Federer at Roland Garros, considering that he humiliated the present number 1 every time they met on this surface, and know he can also win on grass, so that means that if he ends up being as good on synthetic as he has become on grass, no one will be able to beat him.

Do you agree with the fact tht Rafa will soon pass Federer and that Federer is becoming tired and ages a lot ?

wildegirl05
07-17-2008, 02:13 AM

Oh wait ! there it is :

GO RAFA TOP 2 NOW

TOP 1 AFTER THE USO

GO RAFAAAA

:spit: you were really missed :hug:

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Oh trust me she's not the weakest :hug:

I shall not make any comment on that one and will only agree.

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
UP :dog:

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
UP :dog:
Don't you mean *bump* ? :D

Those damn frenchies never bothering to learn a new language :zzz:

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
I shall not make any comment on that one and will only agree.

That's really all you can do when I post :hug:

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Don't you mean *bump* ? :D

Those damn frenchies never bothering to learn a new language :zzz:

Is that really part of any language or something invented some vocabulary-lacking cow-boys ?

That's really all you can do when I post :hug:

Indeed, the fact that you don't see all the meanings your words can have gives me a lot of freedom when I decide to answer them :hug:

Castafiore
07-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Claire, you're not having a discussion with yourself here by any chance. ;)

Saumon
07-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I like your sig MasterSoda. So very true. :yeah:

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Claire, you're not having a discussion with yourself here by any chance. ;)
:sad: This is a witch hunt
Yes :worship:
Except Roger's the best too :D

elessar
07-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Is that really part of any language or something invented some vocabulary-lacking cow-boys ?
"Invented by" :hug:

Saumon
07-17-2008, 02:04 PM

Not anymore. :shrug: Where were you when tennis died with his career? :awww:

wildegirl05
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM

that's a good point. but can nando be the best too? :awww: :hearts:

MasterSoda
07-17-2008, 02:07 PM

Glad to see that you appreciate it !

:sad: This is a whitch hunt

What's a whitch ? :confused:

elessar
07-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Probably standing on a bridge with fedtard_2007 :sad:

star
07-17-2008, 07:20 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

It's not such a bad thing to think that Nadal might be number one this year, is it?

Tnn74
07-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Mastersoda, are you Clay Death by any chance...? :lol:
anyway, welcome :wavey:

You must know that mimi is right when she said that you should
definitely steer away from GM... but you should also understand
that most Rafa fans are also very fond of Roger... (Karin :hug:)...
so good luck with that! :lol: I agree Rafa no doubt defeated Fed
easily at RG, but saying he beat him easily at Wimbledon was complete
rubbish... unless, of course, like Karin, I was watching a completely
different match :angel: but saying he is the best player of this generation
is, again, complete rubbish; Not when Federer has dominated the way he has,
and I'm not a fan of Roger's by any means :ras: With that said, have fun
posting here, seemed you already had a warm hearty welcome from Claire, I see :lol:

lara2.ribeiro
07-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Let's talk about numbers:

Rafa has 855 pts to defend till Master cup (225 in Toronto, 5 in cinci, 150 US open, 125 Madrid and 350 in Paris)

Roger has 2525 pts to defend (350 in Toronto, 500 cinci, 1000 US open, 350 Madrid, 250 basel and 75 Paris)

Novak has 1685 (500 Toronto, 5 Cinci, 700 Us open, 250 Vienna, 225 Madrid and 5 in Paris)

Roger: 6600
Nadal: 6055
Djokovic: 4945

Looks good to me! :dance::yippee::yippee:

Besides US open (where Roger has too many points to defend) Cincinnati, for me, is going to be the most important tournament because Roger has a title to defend and Novak and Rafa has nothing to defend... it's going to be the ultimate opportunity for both players....

Foxy
07-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Let's talk about numbers:

Rafa has 855 pts to defend till Master cup (225 in Toronto, 5 in cinci, 150 US open, 125 Madrid and 350 in Paris)

Roger has 2525 pts to defend (350 in Toronto, 500 cinci, 1000 US open, 350 Madrid, 250 basel and 75 Paris)

Novak has 1685 (500 Toronto, 5 Cinci, 700 Us open, 250 Vienna, 225 Madrid and 5 in Paris)

Roger: 6600
Nadal: 6055
Djokovic: 4945

Looks good to me! :dance::yippee::yippee:

Besides US open (where Roger has too many points to defend) Cincinnati, for me, is going to be the most important tournament because Roger has a title to defend and Novak and Rafa has nothing to defend... it's going to be the ultimate opportunity for both players....

Actually Rafa already lost points from Stutts and is now 770 behind. Also you didn't take into account the Olympics. Anyway I like his chances. He can finish the year at number 1 spot with a safe margin.

lara2.ribeiro
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Actually Rafa already lost points from Stutts and is now 770 behind. Also you didn't take into account the Olympics. Anyway I like his chances. He can finish the year at number 1 spot with a safe margin.

yehh i forgot stuttgard points, nevertheless, i think his chances are pretty good. If his knee is fine (let us pray), and his back don't give him any problems like they did before on hc season, i think this is defintely the year he is going to make it... i really hope so!

elessar
07-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Mastersoda, are you Clay Death by any chance...? :lol:
anyway, welcome :wavey:
CD ? A two days old join date and only when thread yet ? I think not.
You must know that mimi is right when she said that you should
definitely steer away from GM... but you should also understand
that most Rafa fans are also very fond of Roger... (Karin :hug:)...
so good luck with that!
That may be a bit of a stretch :p
:lol: I agree Rafa no doubt defeated Fed
easily at RG, but saying he beat him easily at Wimbledon was complete
rubbish... unless, of course, like Karin, I was watching a completely
different match :angel:
I'm pretty sure he didn't watch the match anyway :spit:
but saying he is the best player of this generation
is, again, complete rubbish; Not when Federer has dominated the way he has,
and I'm not a fan of Roger's by any means :ras:
Actually I agree Nadal's the best player of his generation by far since he doesn't really belong to the same one as Roger :shrug:
With that said, have fun
posting here, seemed you already had a warm hearty welcome from Claire, I see :lol:
:angel:

Tnn74
07-18-2008, 04:03 PM
CD ? A two days old join date and only when thread yet ? I think not.
True, something about his/her post just struck me
as something CD would post... :shrug:

That may be a bit of a stretch :p
I'd like to think it's a bit of a stretch also, perhaps I was only
thinking about Karin... all that Fedal in her :lol: :angel:

I'm pretty sure he didn't watch the match anyway :spit:
True, again ;)

Actually I agree Nadal's the best player of his generation by far since he doesn't really belong to the same one as Roger :shrug:
Rafa is the best player this year so far :angel:
I would definitely still put him in Fed's generation...
it would make it that much more entertaining :D

Bibberz
07-18-2008, 04:10 PM

Nadal played his first ATP match in 2002. Rogelio didn't win his first slam until 2003. The age difference is a poor indicator because we all know that Rogelio was (very) slow to develop while Nadal was a prodigy. They're practically twins, temporally speaking. :D

star
07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Nadal played his first ATP match in 2002. Rogelio didn't win his first slam until 2003. The age difference is a poor indicator because we all know that Rogelio was (very) slow to develop while Nadal was a prodigy. They're practically twins, temporally speaking. :D

To turn serious for a moment, it's an interesting question about whether the two belong to the same generation. Both have been vying for the top spot in tennis for what? 4 years now? We are in the 6th year of Roger as number one although we don't know if he will end the year as #1. So, at the heart of Roger domination, Nadal has been his main and really only challenger. This would seem to put them in the same generation.

What makes it interesting to me is what will the years after Roger turns 27 bring. If he takes the natural decline of age, then it will seem that Nadal is reaching his acendency just as Roger leaves his. That would tend to put them in different tennis generations. But, if Federer retains his ability to win and vie for the #1 spot as he grows older, that would weigh on the side of them being in the same tennis generation.

Tnn74
07-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Eh, They are pretty much in the same generation...
until someone else steps up and challenge Roger, and
I don't consider Djoke in that category by any means :p