Toronto 2008 - Nadal wins 12th Masters Series Title (30th career title) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Toronto 2008 - Nadal wins 12th Masters Series Title (30th career title)

Pages : [1] 2

Metis
07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
It seems that everyone is still in 7th heaven after the Wimbledon win (:banana:). Time to put that behind us and think about the hardcourt season. :scared: :unsure:

I wasn't planning to start a thread but since nobody else has bothered yet. :shrug:

And let's not forget our ...exciting MIT competition. :zzz: The time has come when uncertainty will creep in and influence people's predictions and when the true experts (or the lucky ignoramuses) will advance and take the lead. :)

Note: the draw will be announced on Saturday.

How far will Rafa go in Toronto? (100 points at stake)

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - Metis
QF - acionescu, Aenea, l_mac, tennizen, TMJordan
SF - M.C., raven_gypsy, scarecrows, shawshank, spriwi, Tess Gray, wildegirl05
F - cmurray, MariaV, NaDALiTa, nashty
W- Bachelor Dandy, elessar, Foxy, GuiroNl, Lopaka, Luvyoyoma1954, tangerine dream, Tnn74, Xoman, Xristos

Current MIT standings after Wimbledon: :dance:

GuiroNl __________760
nashty___________760
Xoman___________760

cmurray _________ 700

Foxy ____________660
hra87 ___________660
raven_gypsy______ 660
Tnn74 ___________660

scarecrows _______600
tangerine_dream ___600

spriwi____________545

Getta____________505
NaDaLiTa_________505

M.C. _____________500
Luvyoyoma1954____500
tennischeto________500

Blaze-2004 _______460
Denisse __________460
MariaV___________460

rafa_maniac_______400
Tess Gray_________400
Xristos ___________400

elessar___________300
TMJordan _________300

The Pro __________260

Bachelor Dandy_____200
shawshank________200

platinum__________160

acionescu_________100
Heavenseventeen___100
tennizen__________100

Agassi Fan_________60

wildegirl05
07-16-2008, 10:20 PM
:dance:

i pick semi-final. i want a fedal final again :banana:

Bibberz
07-16-2008, 10:27 PM
I was wondering who would start a tournament thread. Metis is the logical choice, what with the MIT and all. :D

Rafa FTW. :rocker2:

He's been undefeated for as long as I've posted in this forum. :shrug:

EDIT: I love how most of us don't even need to see draws. :yeah:

tennizen
07-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Metis:yeah: I didn't start the thread but its because Xoman told me he wanted to do it and I thought I shouldn't be greedy with the thread starting:D

Put me down for QF:sad:

Edit: This Wimbledon final has made me forget essentials:( Rafa:scared::unsure:

Metis
07-16-2008, 11:32 PM
He's been undefeated for as long as I've posted in this forum. :shrug:

EDIT: I love how most of us don't even need to see draws. :yeah:

:rocker2:

and now you had to go and start posting in Djoko-land :rolleyes:

Metis:yeah: I didn't start the thread but its because Xoman told me he wanted to do it and I thought I shouldn't be greedy with the thread starting:D

We have to conserve your powers for the Slams. :worship: I suggested that Xoman should start the Cinci thread (he started the victorious Queens one) so that the pre-slam pattern continues. :)

(Imagine if I were actually superstitious :haha: )

TMJordan
07-16-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll be there too see Rafa live :yippee:

star
07-17-2008, 12:14 AM

:yippee:

That's quite the kitty cat in your av. :)

TMJordan
07-17-2008, 12:31 AM
:yippee:

That's quite the kitty cat in your av. :)

Christian the Lion.

The Greatest Lion to ever live :tears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdWbVBgc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U&feature=related

star
07-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Christian the Lion.

I think I recognize the old man in the video. Isn't he the man who was part of the couple that raised Elsa, the lioness?

Anyway, lovely videos. Thanks!

TMJordan
07-17-2008, 12:43 AM
I think I recognize the old man in the video. Isn't he the man who was part of the couple that raised Elsa, the lioness?

Anyway, lovely videos. Thanks!

Yeah, it's George Adamson "The Father of the Lions" :worship:

Bibberz
07-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Christian the Lion.

I posted this in the Animal Thread in Non-Tennis last month. I tried to get Linda to watch to see if it would make her cry. She didn't even give it a shot because she "hates animals." :p

TMJordan
07-17-2008, 12:46 AM
I posted this in the Animal Thread in Non-Tennis last month. I tried to get Linda to watch to see if it would make her cry. She didn't even give it a shot because she "hates animals." :p

There is an animal thread?

What a cold-hearted bitch.

Bibberz
07-17-2008, 12:51 AM
There is an animal thread?

What a cold-hearted bitch.

:boxing: That's my mod!...But yes, she is, by her own admission, cold-hearted.

cmurray
07-17-2008, 01:50 AM
I'll have to wait until the draw comes out to make my guess, I suppose. For now, put me down for the final. I might change it to win - I'm still feeling optimistic. :D

Lopaka
07-17-2008, 03:36 AM
This is probably off topic but I'm not going to let that stop me from asking.:)

Has anyone seen an announcement of when the winner of Roland Garros and Wimbledon is planning his Toronto arrival?:confused: He seems to be practicing http://www.mallorcadiario.com/images/Julio2008/nadalentrenat.jpg but the source of this picture gave no indication when he is leaving Mallorca.

To go even bit more off topic I'm wondering if he will be bringing Xisca again this year so he can show her Toronto? If he does hopefully when he get to Cincy he'll send her to Kings Island while he concentrates on tennis this year.

I'm sorry for the questions!

Metis
07-17-2008, 03:47 AM
You're not off topic Lopaka and thanks for the photo. :yeah:

I don't know when Rafa is leaving for Toronto. My guess is he would want to get there before the weekend to have enough time to recover from the jetlag. He's probably not playing before Wednesday, though he might play doubles earlier (?)

As for Xisca, who knows? :shrug: She better stay on the beach in Mallorca. :p

VB probably has the answers to your questions. Maybe someone who is a member there can inform us.

Mimi
07-17-2008, 03:50 AM
:bigcry::bigcry: its so touching, the story

Christian the Lion.

Lopaka
07-17-2008, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the reply Metis. 2006 Rafa came into Toronto the Thursday before the tournament and had a lot of problems finding the court lines. It was after the month he took off following Wimbledon. Regardless he still did poorly in Toronto. I'm hoping for better things especially since I decided not to go. I just wanted to know he is in North America then I will feel better about my chances of catching up with him in Cincinnati. With all his noise about the Olympics I have not been too certain about Toronto or Cincy from the start.

(I'm sort of a VB reject so I'll have to wait for something to turn up here or the media.)

Nadal_Fanatic
07-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Yeah Toronto were really slow in 2006. I was surprised Nadal didn't do better there but I think the month off hurt him. 2 weeks is probably a better amount of rest time without getting too rusty.

Xristos
07-17-2008, 05:23 AM
Rafa will NOT play Toronto.

Mimi
07-17-2008, 06:41 AM
why :confused::mad:

T2KN
07-17-2008, 07:51 AM
I haven't heard anything about him not playing?

wilmar
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
yeah...me too...if this is true it will be a real shame, and may hint at a more serious knee problem :sad:

TennisMadUK
07-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Xristos - where do you get that from?

T2KN
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Xristos - where do you get that from?

I second that question.

It's not questioning your credibility, Xristos, but knowing where it comes from, having a source, is always nice. :)

Mimi
07-17-2008, 09:49 AM
yeah, if he does not play, how could he get to the no.1 spot ? :mad:

Foxy
07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
I second that question.

It's not questioning your credibility, Xristos, but knowing where it comes from, having a source, is always nice. :)

This would be major news. And no sports sites have articles about it. I don't see any thread about it in GM and these guys are quite quick. I assume he will play if we don't have any news confirming withdrawing in the next few hours.

shawshank
07-17-2008, 11:20 AM

When you give such a surprising news on forum, try to prove it! If not, better not write incorrect messeges.

tennizen
07-17-2008, 12:51 PM
(I'm sort of a VB reject so I'll have to wait for something to turn up here or the media.)

Welcome to the VB reject club. If you don't mind me asking, can you tell the reason why:D

Xoman
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
It seems that everyone is still in 7th heaven after the Wimbledon win (:banana:). Time to put that behind us and think about the hardcourt season. :scared: :unsure:

I wasn't planning to start a thread but since nobody else has bothered yet. :shrug:

And let's not forget our ...exciting MIT competition. :zzz: The time has come when uncertainty will creep in and influence people's predictions and when the true experts (or the lucky ignoramuses) will advance and take the lead. :)

Metis, I was interested. I just came here now to start the thread but you beat me to it. Never mind ... As long as Nadal keeps winning.

I don't know about GuiroNI or nashty but "the experts" are already on the lead! :armed: Besides I have got a crystal ball that already predicted that Rafa would win Wimbledon. :-)

Exactly.

Lucky you!

Man, Are you bent on destroying your credibility? How dare you make such announcement without any proof?

I will enter my prediction for the MIT after making a consultation with my Crystal ball.

Lopaka
07-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the VB reject club. If you don't mind me asking, can you tell the reason why:D

Sure. My Rafa interest goes back to VamosRafael.com and without going into detail I moderated there and up until recently at the "Official"site. So for some people in Rafaland I'm warm and cuddly and for others I'm somewhat more reptilian. That being said I'm also to lazy to create a new logon and identity.:yawn:

Not questioning anyone's credibility but I'll believe Rafa has withdrawn from Toronto when I see the announcement. If for no other reason than jetlag I would think he should be in Canada by the weekend. Of course Rafa's best buddy Roger might have got the frugal Nadals a deal with his sponsor(?) Net Jets. Then our beach bum tennis pro could fly after a few more days in the Mallorcan.

nashty
07-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Rafa WILL play Toronto.

He should. I also must gain points for MIT here. I have my prediction already but I'll have to wait for the draw to make sure. ;)

vamosnadal
07-17-2008, 02:49 PM
yeah, if he does not play, how could he get to the no.1 spot ? :mad:

Fed and Djokovic are both defending a lot of points this week and so can't really gain that many. Rafa would lose his semi points, but it would give him more time to rest and be completely fit and ready for the next three tournaments, where he could gain loads of points and charge towards the number one.

If he feels tired or has any niggles I hope he does skip Toronto, as the other three tournaments have a lot of points on offer for a fully fit Rafa. If he feels OK, I hope this news somehow isn't true and that he plays next week.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Rafeal Nadal For The Win In Toronto. Thank You.

cmurray
07-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Sure. My Rafa interest goes back to VamosRafael.com and without going into detail I moderated there and up until recently at the "Official"site. So for some people in Rafaland I'm warm and cuddly and for others I'm somewhat more reptilian. That being said I'm also to lazy to create a new logon and identity.:yawn:

Not questioning anyone's credibility but I'll believe Rafa has withdrawn from Toronto when I see the announcement. If for no other reason than jetlag I would think he should be in Canada by the weekend. Of course Rafa's best buddy Roger might have got the frugal Nadals a deal with his sponsor(?) Net Jets. Then our beach bum tennis pro could fly after a few more days in the Mallorcan.

I was a member of vamosRafael. :lol: I also remember the uproar when it "merged" with rn.com. :rolls:

tennizen
07-17-2008, 05:07 PM

:lol: Interesting. Well even though we are VB rejects we still love VB and Rafa:D

Castafiore
07-17-2008, 05:29 PM
:lol: Interesting. Well even though we are VB rejects we still love VB and Rafa:D
Ahem....as he explained it, Lopaka was part of VR, not of VB so technically speaking, he's not a VB reject. :angel:

Il Primo Uomo
07-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah, he better not suck this year. I really hope his body can handle this :unsure: I mean, his USO stats are horrendous, he needs to change this PRONTO.

tennizen
07-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Ahem....as he explained it, Lopaka was part of VR, not of VB so technically speaking, he's not a VB reject. :angel:

Oh well, never mind. I am still an army of one:cool:

Bibberz
07-17-2008, 06:54 PM

I'm not sure whether Lopaka is a male or female. If I had to guess, I would have gone with the latter. :shrug:

T2KN
07-17-2008, 07:23 PM
The best way for Rafa to spare his body on hc, I guess, is not running so much. But that's pretty much unthinkable. I just hope he gets to the US Open semis this year. I'd be so happy. Last year was a distaster hc-wise. He reached only one final and lost it. Painful that was.

Lopaka
07-17-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure whether Lopaka is a male or female. If I had to guess, I would have gone with the latter. :shrug:

Aw you're a dear - but would be wrong.:hug:

VR has be gone for about 2 years. It was the fraction between VB and the "Official" site occuring after which makes me less lovable to some.:rolleyes:

I've been an MTF member all a long. It must be you BD who brought me out of my posting doldrum.:rolls:

Enough about me! We still need to know Rafa's status in relation to Toronto.:confused:

Bibberz
07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
I've been an MTF member all a long. It must be you BD who brought me out of my posting doldrum.:rolls:

:D I (affectionately) referred to you in the chat thread as "Lopaka the Lifetime Lurker," or "LLL." I'm not sure I can call you that now that you're out of your posting doldrums.:)

tennizen
07-17-2008, 07:35 PM
VR has be gone for about 2 years. It was the fraction between VB and the "Official" site occuring after which makes me less lovable to some.:rolleyes:

Well that's how I understood it that you had some issues with VB members because you were associated with the "official site". But anyways enough of this VB stuff:lol: MTF is the place to be:yeah:

Lopaka
07-17-2008, 07:45 PM
But anyways enough of this VB stuff:lol: MTF is the place to be:yeah:

:yeah:

star
07-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, it's George Adamson "The Father of the Lions" :worship:

Thanks for jogging my rusty memory with the name. :hatoff:

Sooooo. This is why she doesn't liek Djokovic. Mystery solved! :aplot:

I would have guessed male. :confused: It's all so difficult for me. :crying2:

platinum
07-17-2008, 08:53 PM

Do you work for NIKE or know someone there? How do you find so much info?????

cincimini
07-17-2008, 08:56 PM
A member in the Spanish forum on VB just posted that IB3 news reported that Rafa is flying to Toronto tomorrow. :cool:

aijovi, in the Spanish forum, has posted this:
wrote:
Chicas, he estado buscando algo sobre esa noticia, y en la tv balear IB3, han comentado que Rafa sale mañana por la mañana rumbo Toronto. Como no se ponerlo directo, aqui os dejo el enlace de la pagina, clicais en darrer informatiu, y podeis verlo. http://www.ib3.es/

Basically, it says that Rafa flies tomorrow to Toronto and that you can click on the link to see the news about it.

Thanks to rosario for relaying the info!

T2KN
07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
^thanks a lot for that.

I can breathe safely now. :D

Bibberz
07-17-2008, 09:26 PM
A member in the Spanish forum on VB just posted that IB3 news reported that Rafa is flying to Toronto tomorrow. :cool:Thanks to rosario for relaying the info!

1. VB is remarkably good at sussing out these sort of situations. (I've only been there a couple of times [to search for Maribelita pictures :hearts:], but I'm a terrible searcher. :o)

2. This isn't completely good news if it calls into question X's credibility. :p Oh well, even if X is wrong about this, we can still trust him for Rafa's apparel. :D

Johnny Groove
07-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Don't listen to Xristos people, he is just a :retard: looking for attention

Tnn74
07-18-2008, 12:15 AM
It would seem right if he arrives in Toronto today...
time to hit the practice courts Rafa, Vamos! :rocker2:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-18-2008, 12:30 AM
A member in the Spanish forum on VB just posted that IB3 news reported that Rafa is flying to Toronto tomorrow. :cool:

Hello cincimini. i knew i recongized your user name.

Metis
07-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Metis, I was interested. I just came here now to start the thread but you beat me to it. Never mind ... As long as Nadal keeps winning.

I don't know about GuiroNI or nashty but "the experts" are already on the lead! :armed: Besides I have got a crystal ball that already predicted that Rafa would win Wimbledon. :-)
I will enter my prediction for the MIT after making a consultation with my Crystal ball.

How about starting the Cinci thread? :D

Vamos! :rocker2:

NaDALiTa
07-18-2008, 02:06 AM
My bad I almost forgot Toronto was starting on Monday...Wimbledon post effect I guess!

Dear Metis,put me down for a final,which would be a good result on HC :D

cincimini
07-18-2008, 04:44 AM
Hello cincimini. i knew i recongized your user name.

Hi Luvy! :wavey: I'm too lazy to make up new usernames on different sites...:lol:.
Back to lurking after my work here is done. See you on VB ;)

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-18-2008, 04:58 AM
:wavey:Hi Luvy! :wavey: I'm too lazy to make up new usernames on different sites...:lol:.
Back to lurking after my work here is done. See you on VB ;)

Hey cincimini.:wavey::wavey:

As you can tell I too am to lazy. :)

Catch you in VB for sure.

cincimini
07-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Nou.amic posted on VB:

Nothing in that skipping the Rogers Cup rumour at all..
IB3 midday sports news showed Rafa leaving Palma de Mallorca this morning (with Maymó & Xisca; Francis Roig would have joined them in Barcelona) for Toronto looking and sounding fit and well and eager to go.

:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:

cinamoon
07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
oh why can't xisca disapear for a bit!!:sad:

but happy he's getting on the road.

cinamoon
07-18-2008, 04:32 PM
at the airport
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCTsbt3lxNc

Tnn74
07-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Why is Xisca coming along...? :shrug:
hasn't he spent enough time with her soakin' up the sun...?
He needs to concentrate on the tennis now... especially this
part of the season.. and now... :mad:

cinamoon
07-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Why is Xisca coming along...? :shrug:
hasn't he spent enough time with her soakin' up the sun...?
He needs to concentrate on the tennis now... especially this
part of the season.. and now... :mad:

she's becoming quite annoying isn't she?!:devil: well she came with him last year, so I kind of expected to see her.:sad:

The question is will she be in Beijing?:devil:

She's been to the USO before so I expect to see her there too.

tennizen
07-18-2008, 05:16 PM
:rolls: I never get it why everyone worries over Xisca coming along. The guy who can keep his concentration at 7-7 in a fifth set in fading light should be able to maintain enough focus even if his girlfriend accompanies him:rolls:

cinamoon
07-18-2008, 05:18 PM
:rolls: I never get it why everyone worries over Xisca coming along. The guy who can keep his concentration at 7-7 in a fifth set in fading light should be able to maintain enough focus even if his girlfriend accompanies him:rolls:
some fans aren't the only ones thinking this, apparently Xisca thinks she can be a distraction too if we are to believe some articles.

Well anyways, conquer the US/ Canadian soil, Nadal. We're hopeful for you.:wavey:

Tnn74
07-18-2008, 05:19 PM

:lol: Game, Set, Match Hema :hug:
although, to be fair, there has been talks of
her being a distraction for him, no? I just think he
should leave her at home.. after all, they have spent
every waking minute of the last week together...? :shrug:

Anyway, as long as he is focused and healthy and
playing great tennis, thats fine by me I guess :angel:

Tnn74
07-18-2008, 05:22 PM
she's becoming quite annoying isn't she?!:devil: well she came with him last year, so I kind of expected to see her.:sad:

The question is will she be in Beijing?:devil:

She's been to the USO before so I expect to see her there too.

Yes, I would not be surprised if she shows up in Beijing...
she seems to be at the USO every year so perhaps this year she
could go home so he could get past the quarters :lol:

tennizen
07-18-2008, 05:25 PM

Anyway, as long as he is focused and healthy and
playing great tennis, thats fine by me I guess :angel:

Well,maybe these days he feels the need to cuddle in bed after every match;). And expect him to suck during the HC season, Xisca or not:p

Bibberz
07-18-2008, 05:25 PM

You mean they spent every waking minute together in those handful of photos of the two of them on the beach? I agree. :p

T2KN
07-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Seriously, people, Xisca seems no more distraction to me than the EC. She always lays low and just watches his matches like a good girl. I don't know what you guys think of Rafa when you say stuff like he can't concentrate when she's around. Yeah, he's a guy but not a caveman; I don't think he's thinking about jumping her when he has to serve against Federer (here's to hoping for a Toronto final already :p).

Tnn74
07-18-2008, 05:48 PM
You mean they spent every waking minute together in those handful of photos of the two of them on the beach? I agree. :p

Yes BD... that was exactly what I meant ;)

cinamoon
07-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Seriously, people, Xisca seems no more distraction to me than the EC. She always lays low and just watches his matches like a good girl. I don't know what you guys think of Rafa when you say stuff like he can't concentrate when she's around. Yeah, he's a guy but not a caveman; I don't think he's thinking about jumping her when he has to serve against Federer (here's to hoping for a Toronto final already :p).

i think if people wonder about her being s distraction it's more about what goes on after the matches. we all know he wouldn't stop before a serve and wink at her up at the stands or wonder if she's choked on a banana or anything, but what happens after? I mean we read in his blogs how little time he has during tournaments and with her there he has to make time for her too.

well anyways, they know how they do what they do. Apparently she was in Rome, Roland Garros and Wimbledon too.:o

btw, who's EC? :?

Lopaka
07-18-2008, 06:55 PM

I was at Montreal and Cincinnati last year and I agree. Xisca watches Rafa's practices, matches, and is probably less of a distraction than some fans. She certainly is more pleasant to look at that Roig and Maymo. Other players have girlfriends and wives at tournaments why should Rafa be expected to be different.

Rafa had some health issues last year with the knee problems. I'm hoping the knees and feet are in good shape and he can have two successful hard court performances before the Olympics. I'm ready to see him lift a trophy in Cincinnati.:woohoo:

cinamoon
07-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I was at Montreal and Cincinnati last year and I agree. Xisca watches Rafa's practices, matches, and is probably less of a distraction than some fans. She certainly is more pleasant to look at that Roig and Maymo. Other players have girlfriends and wives at tournaments why should Rafa be expected to be different.

Rafa had some health issues last year with the knee problems. I'm hoping the knees and feet are in good shape and he can have two successful hard court performances before the Olympics. I'm ready to see him lift a trophy in Cincinnati.:woohoo:

are you going this year, Lopaka? You take excellent photos.;)

rafa the best
07-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Most Rafa fans don;'t like her. I find this to be sad. They don't want her to go to tournaments couse then they'll have to see her in the stands and that reminds them he's got a GF.

Metis
07-18-2008, 07:50 PM

Don't underestimate the power of a woman; men are weak creatures. :devil: :rolls:

Seriously though I doubt her presence makes any difference. But the post I've quoted below gives the explanation to many fans' annoyance. ;)

Most Rafa fans don;'t like her. I find this to be sad. They don't want her to go to tournaments couse then they'll have to see her in the stands and that reminds them he's got a GF.

yes, it's ridiculous :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's get back on topic people! This is the tournament thread not the girlfriend thread. :( Hopefully the Xisca dissing will stop once the draw is out and we have more serious things to think about, such as: :scared: :unsure:

:lol:

Lopaka
07-18-2008, 07:53 PM
are you going this year, Lopaka? You take excellent photos.;)

Thanks! I'm just going to Cincy. I'm in love with Montreal but I found Toronto was a bit too much humbug getting to the tournament grounds for my liking. Below are a few pics from 2006 to compare with whatever turns up this year.

The Rexall Center is an attractive facility.
From Toronto Rogers Cup 2006
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/Toronto-2006-002A.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/Toronto-2006-008A.jpg

From Toronto Rogers Cup 2006 Rafa and some of the usual suspects.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/Toronto-2006-059A.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/Toronto-2006-148A.jpg

From Toronto Rogers Cup 2006 Rafa. Rafa getting adjusted by physio at that time Juan Martorell
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/Toronto-2006-076A.jpg

T2KN
07-18-2008, 08:02 PM

I think this is indeed the reason for Xisca bashing. JEALOUSY. :p

Metis
07-18-2008, 08:05 PM
From Toronto Rogers Cup 2006 Rafa and some of the usual suspects.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/Toronto-2006-059A.jpg

David! :hearts: :drool:

l_mac
07-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Feeling confident - QF.

I have only a few seconds and wanted to make my MIT prediction because I am that dedicated ::worship: me.

I read the first page and two thing annoyed me. 1) BD is posting in the Djoko forum :mad: :mad: :zzz: and 2) he is telling people I am a cold hearted bitch. :sad:

Hope you're all missing me :bigcry:

Metis
07-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Feeling confident - QF.

I have only a few seconds and wanted to make my MIT prediction because I am that dedicated ::worship: me.

I read the first page and two thing annoyed me. 1) BD is posting in the Djoko forum :mad: :mad: :zzz: and 2) he is telling people I am a cold hearted bitch. :sad:

Who are you? :scratch:

:rolls:

Linda :hug: :banana: Are you having a great time in Italy?

TMJordan
07-18-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking round 2 but don't put it in stone till the draw is out :sport:

cinamoon
07-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks! I'm just going to Cincy. I'm in love with Montreal but I found Toronto was a bit too much humbug getting to the tournament grounds for my liking. Below are a few pics from 2006 to compare with whatever turns up this year.

MG]

thank you for the pictures, Lopaka. They're beautiful. :worship: can't wait for more this year.:)

Bibberz
07-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Yes BD... that was exactly what I meant ;)

:lol: :hug:

cinamoon
07-18-2008, 10:22 PM

if that's true so what. Not saying it's true in my case, i'm not jealous:devil: but people shouldn;t be condemned for having crushes and feeling jealous when that crush has a partner, it's just human nature. You don't have to condemn people for it:confused:

Bibberz
07-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Feeling confident - QF.

You didn't need (1) and (2)--you could have just said BD annoys me. :D:p:o:sad:

Now I'll be a Public Enemy in Linda's sig right behind (or ahead of :speakles:) Djokovic, MY, and Rofe.

I've lost my Mod forever....forever...forev--::bigcry:

star
07-18-2008, 10:47 PM
You didn't need (1) and (2)--you could have just said BD annoys me. :D:p:o:sad:

Now I'll be a Public Enemy in Linda's sig right behind (or ahead of :speakles:) Djokovic, MY, and Rofe.

I've lost my Mod forever....forever...forev--::bigcry:

:hug: :hug:

Cheer up. You'll woo her back with your winning ways. ;)

rafa the best
07-19-2008, 12:55 AM
if that's true so what. Not saying it's true in my case, i'm not jealous:devil: but people shouldn;t be condemned for having crushes and feeling jealous when that crush has a partner, it's just human nature. You don't have to condemn people for it:confused:

I'm not condeming, I can understand this. I think it's like that with most fans and their celebrity crushes.

I just think that we should be happy if he's happy with his GF. It can only be a good influence on him and his game.

Imagine them breaking up and Rafa falling into some kind of depression and how would that reflect on court and his carrera.
:wavey::wavey:

Tnn74
07-19-2008, 03:00 AM
I'm not condeming, I can understand this. I think it's like that with most fans and their celebrity crushes.

I just think that we should be happy if he's happy with his GF. It can only be a good influence on him and his game.

Imagine them breaking up and Rafa falling into some kind of depression and how would that reflect on court and his carrera.
:wavey::wavey:

Alright, I was in no way bashing Xisca whatsoever...
just stating my opinion that I've heard she had been a distraction :shrug:

But anyways, let's get back on topic, shall we...?
Rafa, let's kick this HC season off right!!! :rocker2:

Tnn74
07-19-2008, 03:01 AM

:angel::hug:

Lopaka
07-19-2008, 06:39 AM
David! :hearts: :drool:

What is "the exciting MIT competition" and could I play.

Below a couple of pics for the trouble of explaining to this long time newbie.

Thanks in advance.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/IMG_6825ab.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/IMG_6826ab.jpg

Xristos
07-19-2008, 07:00 AM
BTW I think Rafa will take out this title.

We shall see.

GuiroNl
07-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Metis

Put me down for a W please

josie
07-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Rafa already practiced in Toronto
here are some short video and pics in this blog
http://theatpblog.com/home/?p=145

Tess Gray
07-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Metis, I'm going for a SF this tourny:)

Metis
07-19-2008, 05:56 PM
What is "the exciting MIT competition" and could I play.

Below a couple of pics for the trouble of explaining to this long time newbie.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the photos Lopaka :inlove: :hug: :D

So here's what the MIT (Metis Invitational Trophy) is all about:

When I started the IW thread, as a game I asked everyone to predict in which round Rafa would lose and those who would guess correctly would be the winners. It seems people liked it and wanted to do the same for Miami and that was when Linda came up with the idea to send the Metis Invitational Trophy to the overall winner at the end of the year. :lol: So we do this in every tournament Rafa plays. As you can see in the 1st post, Linda and I have won 0 points so far :haha:

Everyone is welcome to join at any point so let me know your prediction if you want to play. :)

Rules of the Competition:

- In each tournament Rafa plays, people predict in which round he will lose.
- The posters that picked the correct round will receive points equal to the race points awarded by ATP to the winner of the tournament.
- No predictions will be accepted after the beginning of Rafa's first match. You can change your prediction until that time.
- At the end of the season the poster(s) with the highest score will win the ...Metis Invitational Trophy :spit:. I'll have to think about the design of the trophy but there is plenty of time for that.

Restrictions: Rafa and his immediate family and friends are not allowed to participate in this contest! :p

Metis
07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Rafa's half of the draw :tape:

[8] Murray vs BYE
Q vs Q
Safin vs Querrey
Bolelli vs [9] Wawrinka

[13] Verdasco vs Bellucci
Canas vs Soderling
Dancevic vs Ancic
BYE vs [3] Djokovic

[5] Ferrer vs BYE
Ginepri vs Mathieu
Q vs Kohlschreiber
Llodra vs [10] Gasquet

[16] Berdych vs Nieminen
Monfils vs Andreev
Polansky vs Baghdatis
BYE vs [2] Nadal

lara2.ribeiro
07-19-2008, 08:42 PM
I love this draw... tennis quality is back

Baghdatis/Nadal in the first match!! (ok it's not the best for Rafa, but for me as tennis lover couldn't be better), Mario Ancic first faces home's hopes (Dancevic) and then Djokobitch...

Rafa with Djoko, and Roger with Roddick!!!!!

Sweet!!!

Lopaka
07-19-2008, 08:46 PM
MIT (Metis Invitational Trophy) :)

Thanks for the information. Although I think he will pace himself I just can't bet against Rafa. So put me down for: Rafa will win!

By the way if you are ever having a bad day and need a Ferrer pick-me-up just rattle my chain. David is one of my favorite players after Rafa so I've accumlated a few more pictures of him mostly at practice.;)

Tnn74
07-19-2008, 08:46 PM
:awww: I'm gonna say QF this time Metis, thanx :scared:

He's got a pretty damn tough draw... :mad:

BRENTIN25
07-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Rafa's half of the draw :tape:

HOLY SHIT !!!

good luck RAFA YOU WILL NEED IT .

Metis
07-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the information. Although I think he will pace himself I just can't bet against Rafa. So put me down for: Rafa will win!

By the way if you are ever having a bad day and need a Ferrer pick-me-up just rattle my chain. David is one of my favorite players after Rafa so I've accumlated a few more pictures of him mostly at practice.;)

:banana: I'll certainly keep that in mind; practice photos are always the best. :devil:

acionescu
07-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Put me for the QF but I'm very, very optimistic! :awww:

Foxy
07-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I am doubting in which round he will lose - QF or SF. And after thinking and thinking... I can't decide... So put me down for the WINNER ! Thanks.

T2KN
07-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Berdych? Ferrer? Djokovic? :bigcry:

Draw puked out by the devil himself!

cinamoon
07-19-2008, 10:49 PM
AI!!!
As he's got Cincinatti, Olympins and US open I was hoping his draw would be easy for these firs two tournaments.

but i believe in you, Rafa.

in the atp blog though, it said he had treatment for his ankle. though it didn't bother him much.:sad:

Nadal_Fanatic
07-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Well if Rafa loses early here, he's got a tournament next week. I guess that's the consolation if he ends up losing. Hopefully not too many 3 hour matches that will exhaust him.

NaDALiTa
07-20-2008, 12:37 AM
:scared: :tape: :scared: what a draw it would be a miracle if Rafa get out of this hell!

Lopaka
07-20-2008, 05:20 AM
:scratch:Seems Rafa and Roger are playing doubles (not together, darn) but our little Nole is not. He must be concerned about defending his title. Looks like this is his first time in Toronto.

Doubles draw: http://www.rogerscupmen.com/2/en/draws/DoublesMainDraw.pdf

Nadal (with Spanish compatriot Robredo) and Federer (with fellow-countryman Stanislas Wawrinka) are also in the doubles. Federer-Wawrinka will take on Julien Benneteau of France and Niemeyer in their first match.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080719.wspt-rogerscup19/GSStory/GlobeSportsOther/home

The Nadal/Robredo first round match against Andreev/Davydenko is not likely to be an easy walk in the park.

Tnn74
07-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks Lopaka :hug:
at first I got excited too 'cause I thought
they were playing together :lol: But Roger playing
doubles...? perhaps to prep for Beijing :confused:

nashty
07-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I initially picked SF but I have a feeling he will get pass through Djokovic. So Final, please.

nashty
07-20-2008, 11:08 AM
btw, has anyone seen the thread on GM copying our precious and prestigious MIT?!

copycat!:(

Tnn74
07-20-2008, 11:13 AM
btw, has anyone seen the thread on GM copying our precious and prestigious MIT?!

:lol: Metis created a monster.

scarecrows
07-20-2008, 12:11 PM
SF :wavey:

GuiroNl
07-20-2008, 12:47 PM
In my opinion, the harder the draw the better. It's time to prove that he can consistently beat some of the players who trouble him.

nashty
07-20-2008, 01:12 PM
^^and we share the same opinion.

There are times when I worry about his difficult draw but then he still manages to go through it and that's what makes his wins even sweeter. :)

T2KN
07-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Hm, I still hate Ferrer in the draw. I'll be happy if he can just defend his points tbh.

Xristos
07-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Did I mention I think Rafa will take the title here?

vamosnadal
07-20-2008, 04:34 PM
:scratch:Seems Rafa and Roger are playing doubles (not together, darn) but our little Nole is not. He must be concerned about defending his title. Looks like this is his first time in Toronto.

Rafa and Fed both have to practise for the Olympics (although Rafa probably would have entered doubles anyway) - is Novak playing doubles in Beijing? Perhaps he's not?

Novak should enter doubles to get some match practise - he hasn't played for a long time considering he was knocked out of Wimby so early!!

Metis
07-20-2008, 06:12 PM

:speakles: which thread was that? :armed:

shawshank
07-20-2008, 06:14 PM
SF for me please!

TMJordan
07-20-2008, 06:14 PM
It's a pretty easy draw, I don't know what you gyes are talking about.

Switch me to SF please :wavey:

spriwi
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
this draw sucks so hard :(

count me in for a SF.

spriwi
07-20-2008, 06:28 PM

certainly not all :ras:

acionescu
07-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Metis :hug: How are you feeling?
How are we staying? Predictions recap?

Metis
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Metis :hug: How are you feeling?
How are we staying? Predictions recap?

Hi Andreea :hug: Not much better unfortunately. :(

I have updated the predictions in the 1st post. :)

Tnn74
07-21-2008, 12:57 AM
I have updated the predictions in the 1st post. :)

Hope you're feeling better Metis :hug:
and glad to see I wasn't skipped this time around :lol:

M.C.
07-21-2008, 02:04 AM
SF for me

but hope he beats Djokovic :devil:

Metis
07-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Hope you're feeling better Metis :hug:
and glad to see I wasn't skipped this time around :lol:

I try to never make the same mistake twice but I might have forgotten someone else this time. :lol:

Thanks Tnn74 :hug:. I'm feeling a bit better tonight. :)

Aenea
07-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi all :wavey:

I'm om vacation but here I am to check on Rafa's draw and give my prediction for MIT :D

Metis, put me down for QF :unsure: hard draw this time, Baggy for the opener :scared:

Good luck, Rafa!! :inlove: I hope you do well and go deeper than I predict

Nadal_Fanatic
07-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Baghdatis withdrew I heard.

Xristos
07-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Baghdatis withdrew I heard.

Serious?

Nadal_Fanatic
07-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Serious?
In other Canadian action, Frederic Niemeyer (Sherbrooke, Quebec) will play his first match against No. 12 seed Tommy Robredo (Spain). Meanwhile, Peter Polansky (Thornhill, Ontario) drew Marcos Baghdatis (Cyprus) in the first round but Baghdatis was forced to withdraw before play began, meaning Polansky will play a lucky loser from the qualifying draw.
http://www.tenniscanada.ca/tennis_canada/Pub/DisplayNewsStory.aspx?NavID=43&ContentID=7637

Yeah it says it here.

Lopaka
07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Seems to be true!

Marcos Baghdatis (Cyprus) in the first round but Baghdatis was forced to withdraw before play began, meaning Polansky will play a lucky loser from the qualifying draw.
http://www.tenniscanada.ca/tennis_canada/Pub/DisplayNewsStory.aspx?NavID=43&ContentID=7637

Rafa do get some really crappy luck! Starting with a player he has not history with.

Tnn74
07-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Seems to be true!

Rafa do get some really crappy luck! Starting with a player he has not history with.

Well, Baggy or a LL..? you really can't
have your cake and it too now, can you..? :lol:

nashty
07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
:speakles: which thread was that? :armed:

the one with Rafa's performance in Roger's Cup 2008. :lol:

It's a poll. Initially, I wondered why we don't have MIT as a poll 'cause it will make your life a little bit easier, I think. But then that wouldn't allow for changes in predictions, right? or not..

Oh well, of course, our MIT is better cause we have points for right prediction.:D

Xoman
07-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Metis, put me down for the W :)

josie
07-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Rafa looks great on Sunday's practice:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2wdJfpZ9zU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2wdJfpZ9zU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RtwoFuCVT9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RtwoFuCVT9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lara2.ribeiro
07-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Can you believe this??

Asked if he watched the Wimbledon final, Djokovic said, "No, not too much. But I heard it was a great match."
:silly: :explode: :armed::armed:

one word: Envy!

Tnn74
07-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Can you believe this??

Asked if he watched the Wimbledon final, Djokovic said, "No, not too much. But I heard it was a great match."

:lol: always a class act, that djokovic! :rolleyes:

raven gypsy
07-21-2008, 01:23 PM
:lol: always a class act, that djokovic! :rolleyes:

But he commented on it to Neil Harman at the London Times??:confused: saying, "I have a lot to learn"

Anyway, welcome Lopaka! Thanks for the photos, please blog and post from Cinci! Don't forget to start early, since we all know Rafa will be out before the quarters :p

Well the MIT competition continues...

Questions for the 2nd half of the season:

1) Will Xoman, Nashty, or Guiro choke on their No. 1 standing? :worship: The pression is on!
2) Will CMurray sneak up to claim the No. 1 spot? We don't want her to become the Eternal Number 2 :eek: like some other guy we know... ;)
3) Does anyone else have a chance to win if the above don't forget to play? :angel:

Metis, the heat is on.
As usual I play to conservative and lose.. Please put me down for Semis.

:wavey:

TBRN
07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
I hope that Rafa will play better thal year before...

Vamos Rafa!!!

Lopaka
07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Can you believe this??

Including rain delays the match was over 7 hours. Novak's attention span could never be that long. He probably spent most the time listening to his pre-tournament interviews.

Anyway, welcome Lopaka! Thanks for the photos, please blog and post from Cinci! Don't forget to start early, since we all know Rafa will be out before the quarters :p

:wavey:Thanks! Assuming my flights are sort of on time and the rental car is available I'll be in Cinci before the weekend. I'll try to provide some pictures and comments from the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters (what a mouthful).

I'm not sure which "we" you mean but Rafa is becoming a fairly good tennis player and will be in Toronto for the quarters and after. Perhaps you meant Djokovic would be leaving early:confused:

nashty
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
^^ hate djokovic much?! chill man.

tangerine_dream
07-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Not sure where to post these, but here is Rafa from his press conference today, looking confused, tanned, and windswept. :)

lara2.ribeiro
07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Baghdatis is out!!!

raven gypsy
07-21-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure which "we" you mean but Rafa is becoming a fairly good tennis player and will be in Toronto for the quarters and after. Perhaps you meant Djokovic would be leaving early:confused:

As Rod Stewart once said, "I was only joking.."

I'm an optimist in life, but a pessimist in sports.
Just always bracing for the worst. ;) :scared:
We put up a front, but don't seriously doubt Rafa's abilities. :angel: It's just hard when you want the win so bad. :cool:

I'm jealous and looking forward to your blog. :D

star
07-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Not sure where to post these, but here is Rafa from his press conference today, looking confused, tanned, and windswept. :)

He looks very much a kid. :) Obviously his (too)short hair is bothering him. This should be his lesson. Let it grow! :kiss:

You mean "I was only Djoking" ???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lopaka
07-22-2008, 01:19 AM

I'm an optimist in life, but a pessimist in sports.
Just always bracing for the worst. ;) :scared:
We put up a front, but don't seriously doubt Rafa's abilities. :angel: It's just hard when you want the win so bad. :cool:

I'm jealous and looking forward to your blog. :D

All you had to do was mention Rod Stewart and my bluff melted.:hug:

When I saw Rafa in person at Indian Wells he looked really in control of his hard court game. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/IW-2008-132A.jpg
But I still remember watching my choosen tennis champion spray balls all over the Toronto practice courts in 2006. Like last year I gather he has Xisca along to help keep him focused.:rolleyes: So if he defends his Rogers Cup points and makes back the Stuttgart points in Cinci, it is okay with me if works on being number one during the Olympics. :tennis: :woohoo:

I'm sure you believe Rafa is reading this...:bs::rolls:

MariaV
07-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Gee, I don't know what prediction to make. I should still keep on playing, no? :o :scared: :unsure:
Losing to the Djerk in the semis would be absolutely inacceptable so put me up for the final, Metis. :tape: :help: :bolt:

Metis
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Well the MIT competition continues...

Questions for the 2nd half of the season:

1) Will Xoman, Nashty, or Guiro choke on their No. 1 standing? :worship: The pression is on!
2) Will CMurray sneak up to claim the No. 1 spot? We don't want her to become the Eternal Number 2 :eek: like some other guy we know... ;)
3) Does anyone else have a chance to win if the above don't forget to play? :angel:

Metis, the heat is on.

I couldn't have said it better. Things are getting serious people!

:rolls:

tangerine_dream
07-22-2008, 05:28 PM
How much time do we have left to make our pick, Metis? :wavey:

Thanks to whomever for posting those practice videos, Rafa looks to be flattening his forehand out in preparation. Beware Canada!

Offtopic, gotta love the Fed forum, they obsess way too much over Rafa even his shoes are discussed (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7377406&postcount=9263), as if his magic powers were hidden in his clothes. :lol: :cuckoo:

Metis
07-22-2008, 06:32 PM
How much time do we have left to make our pick, Metis? :wavey:

Thanks to whomever for posting those practice videos, Rafa looks to be flattening his forehand out in preparation. Beware Canada!

Offtopic, gotta love the Fed forum, they obsess way too much over Rafa even his shoes are discussed (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7377406&postcount=9263), as if his magic powers were hidden in his clothes. :lol: :cuckoo:

:lol: MY is a closeted Rafatard; since she doesn't want to come here and post this she's giving Xristos a hint. ;)

There is still time. You can wait until Rafa's 1st match starts. :D

MariaV
07-22-2008, 08:12 PM

As Metis said, MY is a closeted Rafatard, never in doubt. ;)
But those shoes look hideous indeed. :tape: :o

MariaV
07-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Jeebus Christ, and what are all those 'guests' doing in the Rafa forum? :o :o
Are they in the Hot Pix thread? OK if I'm alone posting here I'll go there too.

Metis
07-23-2008, 01:52 AM
OOP for tomorrow:

CENTRE COURT
Matches Start At: 11:00 AM
David FERRER (ESP) vs Robby GINEPRI (USA)
Not Before 1:00 PM
Jesse LEVINE (USA) vs Rafael NADAL (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128492#) (ESP)
followed by
Andy MURRAY (GBR) vs Thomas JOHANSSON (SWE)
Not Before 7:30 PM
Roger FEDERER (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128492#) (SUI) vs Gilles SIMON (FRA)
followed by
Paul HANLEY (AUS)/Jordan KERR (AUS) vs Frank DANCEVIC (CAN)/Jesse LEVINE (USA)

COURT 1
Matches Start At: 11:00
Tommy ROBREDO (ESP) vs Marin CILIC (CRO)
Not Before 12:30 PM
Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP) vs Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS) or Nicolas LAPENTTI (ECU)
followed by
Tomas BERDYCH (CZE) vs Igor ANDREEV (RUS)
Not Before 4:00 PM
Mardy FISH (USA)/Andy RODDICK (USA) vs Mahesh BHUPATHI (IND)/Mark KNOWLES (BAH)
followed by
Igor ANDREEV (RUS)/Nikolay DAVYDENKO (RUS) vs Rafael NADAL (ESP)/Tommy ROBREDO (ESP)

Remember to post your predictions before 1pm EST :)

elessar
07-23-2008, 02:10 AM
:mad: Crap why is Rafa not getting the nightsession, poor boy's the RG AND wimbledon champion for god's sake

TMJordan
07-23-2008, 02:12 AM
:mad: Crap why is Rafa not getting the nightsession, poor boy's the RG AND wimbledon champion for god's sake

I know I'm really pissed :mad: I'm only gonna be there during the day and I wanted to watch Gilles Simon win. I don't want to watch Nadal vs. Levine :mad:

elessar
07-23-2008, 02:16 AM
I know I'm really pissed :mad: I'm only gonna be there during the day and I wanted to watch Gilles Simon win. I don't want to watch Nadal vs. Levine :mad:

That shucks I wanted to ask you to take a pic with my hero :hearts: now you'll have to catch Gilles when he's practicing :inlove:

tennizen
07-23-2008, 02:24 AM

elessar, have you made you pick. What a uncommitted Rafa fan you are:(

elessar
07-23-2008, 02:31 AM
elessar, have you made you pick. What a uncommitted Rafa fan you are:(
You're right :sad:

Put me down for the win :hearts:

Metis
07-23-2008, 02:54 AM

Not only that; in 2008 Rafa has won 2 more titles than Federer and Simon combined. :o

possible reasons:

1) The organizers are such Fedtards :mad:

2) The organizers are such Simontards. :shrug:

3) It's Xisca's fault; she wants to spend the night out on the town. :rolleyes:

NaDALiTa
07-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Metis :lol: :lol: I'd go for the second answer,they shown 2 times Simon's match on french Tv,one time in live,and the second instead of Nole's match :lol: and they aren't suppose to show the night session and the french commentator said "there's no way we miss Gilles' match" The simon brainwashing! :scared:

Tnn74
07-23-2008, 03:09 AM
Good Luck tomorrow Rafa! :hug:
Let's kick this hard court season off right! Vamos! :rocker:

Tnn74
07-23-2008, 04:18 AM

:lol: Claire :wavey: :hug:
He still has to play doubles :D

Metis, is it too late to change my prediction
for MIT...? For some reason I feel nervous being
in the same prediction line as Linda :lol:, no,
on a serious note, I just can't bet against him :angel:

If it's not too late, I would like to change mine to a
WIN if possible, Thanks! :tape: :scared: :hug:

Lopaka
07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
:lol: no,
on a serious note, I just can't bet against him :angel:

Good to know I'm not the only one who can't bet against Rafa.:hug:

After watching some of the tournament today, besides cheering for Rafa we sure could use a rain stopping dance.:bowdown: :dance: :bowdown:

T2KN
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Awesome he's getting to play at 1 PM, that way I can catch the match. :D Not that I expect it to be a stunner or something. He should get this done quickly.

Tnn74
07-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one who can't bet against Rafa.:hug:

After watching some of the tournament today, besides cheering for Rafa we sure could use a rain stopping dance.:bowdown: :dance: :bowdown:

I'm with ya on that one :hug:

elessar
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Metis :lol: :lol: I'd go for the second answer,they shown 2 times Simon's match on french Tv,one time in live,and the second instead of Nole's match :lol: and they aren't suppose to show the night session and the french commentator said "there's no way we miss Gilles' match" The simon brainwashing! :scared:
YAYYYY :D :banana: I knew I could count on french TV to be patriotic enough to show my hero :inlove:
:lol: Claire :wavey: :hug:
He still has to play doubles :D
Yes, sadly with the wrong partner :sad:
Is there anyway Roger and Rafa could play each other in doubles soon, I haven't seen the draw but their Rome match was pretty funny :D

EDIT : Damn they're not in the same halves :( That'd be even funnier if they somehow fluked their way to the final :spit:

lara2.ribeiro
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes, sadly with the wrong partner :sad:
Is there anyway Roger and Rafa could play each other in doubles soon, I haven't seen the draw but their Rome match was pretty funny :D

Yehh it was, Rafa was on fire in that game (specially on 2set TB)

Too bad this tournament they can only meet on the final :awww::awww:

elessar
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Yehh it was, Rafa was on fire in that game (specially on 2set TB)
Yes, I also remember that shot very fondly :drool:
vu7SS0GQt_c
Too bad this tournament they can only meet on the final :awww::awww:
Yes :tape: I'm very doubtful both of them will be able to make it that far :sad:

tennizen
07-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, I also remember that shot very fondly :drool:

Don't you know its forbidden to post videos of points won by Federer :rolleyes:

elessar
07-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't you know its forbidden to post videos of points won by Federer :rolleyes:
I only posted it because of rafa's smile at the end :drool: :hearts: :inlove:

tennizen
07-23-2008, 04:01 PM

:lol::worship: Then you are forgiven:kiss:

Metis
07-23-2008, 04:02 PM
:lol: great shot!

Claire back to her best I see! :hug:

lara2.ribeiro
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
news anyone??? about the weather???

when will the games start??

tangerine_dream
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Put me down for the win, Metis.

acionescu
07-23-2008, 05:41 PM

He's playing double, hater, and they put both matches in the same day not like that Swiss who got to play in different days. :rolleyes: Damn Fedtards! But our boy is a Spartan! vamos! :rocker2:

Not only that; in 2008 Rafa has won 2 more titles than Federer and Simon combined.

But he's still a moonballer who wins only from his inertia! :o

Rain :mad:

Lopaka
07-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Geez, I hope conditions look better at the Rexall Center than they do in the picture on the Rogers Cup website. http://www.rogerscupmen.com/1/en/home/Default.asp :mad:

Metis
07-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Nadal-Levine 6-4 6-2 :shrug:

Hopefully he will play better tomorrow because it only gets harder from now on :tape:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - Metis
W- Bachelor Dandy, elessar, Foxy, GuiroNl, Lopaka, Luvyoyoma1954, tangerine dream, Tnn74, Xoman, Xristos

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-23-2008, 11:46 PM
It was a different match for rafa , but considering everything I am DARN PROUD of Rafa and nor surprised at all. :worship::):D:worship:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-23-2008, 11:59 PM
I cannot imagine handling what the top 2 players deal with, but especially what the media did to rafa at home. Life is spelled p-r-e-s-s-u-r-e.

Tnn74
07-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Sluggish start.. but he won in straights... :bounce:
Congrats Rafa! now awaits the winner of Berdych/Andreev :scared:

Lopaka
07-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Playing a left hander, with nothing to lose and no previous match record, Rafa did okay.

Tomorrow it is a toss up who could be more trouble. At least if it is Andreev he won't have the memories of the Toronto, 2006 loss to Berdych.

Tnn74
07-24-2008, 12:03 AM

:lol: Of course you did Claire, of course ya did... :hug:

Forza
07-24-2008, 12:06 AM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7936/rafayk5.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rafayk5.jpg) http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3082/rafa1gw7.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rafa1gw7.jpg) http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3128/rafa2qp1.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rafa2qp1.jpg) http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6590/l3300207ny0.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=l3300207ny0.jpg)

07-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Well watching Rafa on the hard courts is an adventure we fans would probably rather not have :lol: But he won so that is all that matters ;) Vamos in Rd 2 :)

Tnn74
07-24-2008, 02:48 AM
:eek: OMG! and Simon just took out Fed!

BRENTIN25
07-24-2008, 03:02 AM
:worship:RAFE:"number 1 here I COME !!!".

HAHAHAHAHAH
just jokeING FOR now .

Lopaka
07-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Allez Gilles! Hope Roger's loss and having Uncle Toni with him will get Rafa to number one even sooner. :woohoo:

Natasc
07-24-2008, 03:04 AM

wow... Roger was weird... making very stupid UEs all the time....51 against 21 from Simon... :o :eek:
looked like he was trying to win to fast..and Simon wasnt in mode to lose

so..how does the ranks looks like for Rafa now??
I have been trying to find this info but I couldn't :o

Tnn74
07-24-2008, 03:20 AM
wow... Roger was weird... making very stupid UEs all the time....51 against 21 from Simon... :o :eek:
looked like he was trying to win to fast..and Simon wasnt in mode to lose

so..how does the ranks looks like for Rafa now??
I have been trying to find this info but I couldn't :o

Well... we really still have to wait and see how Rafa does...
This IS hard court, afterall... and given he defends his
points, we already know for sure Roger loses 350...

Natasc
07-24-2008, 03:50 AM
Well... we really still have to wait and see how Rafa does...
This IS hard court, afterall... and given he defends his
points, we already know for sure Roger loses 350...

Thanks for info!!
Just wanted to now how the things would look like

and now...Go Rafa!! :banana:

star
07-24-2008, 04:06 AM
I am so happy! :banana: :banana:

I hadn't allowed myself to even think that Nadal could possibly be number one at the end of the year. Now, I actually think there is hope. I just want him to stay healthy and just take it a match at a time.

Again -- :dance: happy :dance: happy

Metis
07-24-2008, 04:56 AM
OOP for Thursday:

CENTRE COURT
Matches Start At: 11:00am
Robin SODERLING (SWE) vs Novak DJOKOVIC (SRB)
Not Before 1:00 PM
Marin CILIC (CRO) vs Andy RODDICK (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128559#) (USA)
followed by
Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS) vs James BLAKE (USA)
Not Before 7:30 PM
Igor ANDREEV (RUS) vs Rafael NADAL (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128559#) (ESP)
followed by
Andy MURRAY (GBR)/Jamie MURRAY (GBR) vs Daniel NESTOR (CAN)/Nenad ZIMONJIC (SRB)

star
07-24-2008, 05:12 AM
OOP for Thursday:

Soderling/Dojoko could be interesting.

I can't believe they put Murray on Grandstand.

C'meON Nadal! I really want him to get at least to the semi and then everything after that will be icing on the cake.

nashty
07-24-2008, 11:09 AM
How can Fed be out this early? I expect him to beat Rafa in the final--hence, my prediction. Oh Well. I don't care much though as long as Rafa wins, gains points and makes his way to that no.1 spot. VAMOS RAFA! Let's improve, please.

the_natural
07-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Damn it i hate that rafa and nole are in the same half even if the swiss miss is out, F@#$ it they have to fight each other in the semis, so it just means that there are less points to go around, if they were on opposite ends and rafa made the final losing to nole its win win in terms of rankings cos nole and rafa will BOTH be pushing for number 1, but if just nole wins it hurts rafa so not a HUGE jump towards number 1, and if rafa wins, well then nole starts to drop out of contention. I know u guys hate nole but its great to have someone there to share the pressure of being the hottest player on tour, and nole did have this to saY about wimbledon:

Djokovic, the world No3 from Serbia, watched the final while on holiday in Italy, during which he sent a text to Benito Perez-Barbadillo, his PR manager, who does the same job for Nadal. “I still have a lot to learn,” it read.

And then if they both made the cincy final it woulda been a real dream cos they could both leap over the swiss miss and rafa could become number 1 with nole number 2 by the USO, who cares though in terms of the finals now, I just want Rafa to win the next 3 major events and the USo but I doubt it, he can only win 2 MAX 3 of the next 4 events (USO CINCY, CANADA, OLYMPICS) its just too much to ask for him on his worst surface the most physically demanding of all surfaces too... I think federer might take the gold, nole will retired at the olympics with breathing probs cos the air is crap in beijing and hes sensitive, nole might win uso, or cincy, rafa could win olympics or canada, or cincy if nole wins montreal, but i dont know about USO... although thats just based onthe first round match and levine played freak tennis, last year it woulda been a 3 setter that last 3 hours (ala the dancevic match), so ... F@#$ i dont know...
\
\Wouldnt you love for rafa to win AT LEAST one masters, Go far in another, and then get the gold and Win USO, i know he would trade the uso and all the other 3 for gold for spain, but damn Gold and USO number 1, then at LEAST do well at the other 2 events, semis/finals please...

\Dont lose to andreev either even though hes as dangerous as that piece of banana

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Rafa has Novack in his half ALWAYS. I do not get it. The odds of it happening so often has to be off the chart of chances. :mad::mad:

Foxy
07-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Damn it i hate that rafa and nole are in the same half even if the swiss miss is out, F@#$ it they have to fight each other in the semis, so it just means that there are less points to go around, if they were on opposite ends and rafa made the final losing to nole its win win in terms of rankings cos nole and rafa will BOTH be pushing for number 1, but if just nole wins it hurts rafa so not a HUGE jump towards number 1, and if rafa wins, well then nole starts to drop out of contention. I know u guys hate nole but its great to have someone there to share the pressure of being the hottest player on tour, and nole did have this to saY about wimbledon:
Djokovic, the world No3 from Serbia, watched the final while on holiday in Italy, during which he sent a text to Benito Perez-Barbadillo, his PR manager, who does the same job for Nadal. “I still have a lot to learn,” it read.

And then if they both made the cincy final it woulda been a real dream cos they could both leap over the swiss miss and rafa could become number 1 with nole number 2 by the USO, who cares though in terms of the finals now, I just want Rafa to win the next 3 major events and the USo but I doubt it, he can only win 2 MAX 3 of the next 4 events (USO CINCY, CANADA, OLYMPICS) its just too much to ask for him on his worst surface the most physically demanding of all surfaces too... I think federer might take the gold, nole will retired at the olympics with breathing probs cos the air is crap in beijing and hes sensitive, nole might win uso, or cincy, rafa could win olympics or canada, or cincy if nole wins montreal, but i dont know about USO... although thats just based onthe first round match and levine played freak tennis, last year it woulda been a 3 setter that last 3 hours (ala the dancevic match), so ... F@#$ i dont know...
\
\Wouldnt you love for rafa to win AT LEAST one masters, Go far in another, and then get the gold and Win USO, i know he would trade the uso and all the other 3 for gold for spain, but damn Gold and USO number 1, then at LEAST do well at the other 2 events, semis/finals please...

\Dont lose to andreev either even though hes as dangerous as that piece of banana

Not me. I actually like Nole and always cheer for him when he is not in Rafa's half. By the way it is always a very pleasure for me to see Farterer lose. :devil:

Tnn74
07-24-2008, 03:35 PM

\

I would rather see Federer on top than Djokovic...
But quite frankly, as long as Rafa reaches #1,
I could care less about who is #2... :angel:

Foxy
07-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Rafa has Novack in his half ALWAYS. I do not get it. The odds of it happening so often has to be off the chart of chances. :mad::mad:

True. And when he lands in Ego King's half he loses early, otherwise Nole always reaches a match against Rafa.

Metis
07-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Nadal/Robredo lost to Andreev/Davydenko 6-3 3-6 7-10

Hopefully Rafa will take revenge today :p

Tnn74
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM

Hopefully so! How ironic that he gets a double-dose of Andreev :D
...and they didnt start the match 'til almost midnight :rolleyes:

Foxy
07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Hopefully so! How ironic that he gets a double-dose of Andreev :D
...and they didnt start the match 'til almost midnight :rolleyes:

He lost twice to Malisse in Chennai 2007. :o

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
I would rather see Federer on top than Djokovic...
But quite frankly, as long as Rafa reaches #1,
I could care less about who is #2... :angel:

Absolutely agree that it would be 1000% better to have fed in first, not Novack. I want Ferrer to take third from Novack and for him to slide back to 4'th.

Tnn74
07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
He lost twice to Malisse in Chennai 2007. :o

Yes I know...
Lets hope it doesn't happen here :awww:

Tnn74
07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Absolutely agree that it would be 1000% better to have fed in first, not Novack. I want Ferrer to take third from Novack and for him to slide back to 4'th.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
True. And when he lands in Ego King's half he loses early, otherwise Nole always reaches a match against Rafa.

I never saw your observation. Very interesting. I am going to have dig further into all 3 of the players history. Thanks for the info.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-24-2008, 04:42 PM

I like the way you think. :worship:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-24-2008, 04:45 PM

:wavey: :)

star
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM

\

I agree with most everything you wrote there. :)

To me, this is inconsistent. Everyone complains about Djokovic being in Nadal's half, but If Nadal were #1 and Djokovic #2, this wouldn't be happening. :shrug: But, believe me, I understand not liking a player, so carry on. We can't all like the same players. :)

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I agree with most everything you wrote there. :)

To me, this is inconsistent. Everyone complains about Djokovic being in Nadal's half, but If Nadal were #1 and Djokovic #2, this wouldn't be happening. :shrug: But, believe me, I understand not liking a player, so carry on. We can't all like the same players. :)

I am confused. Explain again where I am inconsistent and I would want Ferrer to come up and knock Novack out of third.

Tiklish
07-24-2008, 06:24 PM

I agree with you. I don't like Djokovic and want him going lower not higher. Hoping for Rafa #1, Rogi #2, and Ferrer #3. Too bad there's SO much space between Djokovic and those below him.

By the way, I like your avatar. Do you have the same picture bigger? And does anyone know where I can find pictures from Rafa and Feli playing doubles in I think Barcelona that year when they were both wearing that shirt? Or Feli was wearing an orange version? Any help would be appreciated:)

star
07-24-2008, 06:29 PM
I am confused. Explain again where I am inconsistent and I would want Ferrer to come up and knock Novack out of third.

Not inconsistent in your dislike of Djokovic :hug: :hug: I meant inconsistent because you don't want Djokovic to be on Nadal's side of the draw. That's all. Maybe I'm wrong though and misunderstood you. I didn't mean it as a knock against you.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
07-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Not inconsistent in your dislike of Djokovic :hug: :hug: I meant inconsistent because you don't want Djokovic to be on Nadal's side of the draw. That's all. Maybe I'm wrong though and misunderstood you. I didn't mean it as a knock against you.

No, No I did not take it as a knock at all, i was just unsure of what you meant. I think it comes down to i want my cake and to eat it to. I want Novack out of second and yet never in Rafa's draw. Yes I am greedy. :) :hug:

RafaTheBest
07-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Nadal has done a great job of volleying and coming to net in this match. But I thought he was just a mindless ball-basher? :lol:

Metis
07-25-2008, 03:01 AM
Nadal-Andreev 6-2 7-6 (1) :yeah:

On to the QF. Let's defend those SF points :rocker2:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - Metis

and I lose again... :mad:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/funny-picture-cat-fail.jpg

Tiklish
07-25-2008, 03:57 AM
No, No I did not take it as a knock at all, i was just unsure of what you meant. I think it comes down to i want my cake and to eat it to. I want Novack out of second and yet never in Rafa's draw. Yes I am greedy. :) :hug:

The last several tournaments I wanted Djokovic in Rafa's half, because Rafa was the only person I trusted to beat him, and he did. Hopefully he can do that here also.

Metis
07-25-2008, 04:22 AM
OOP for Friday:

Centre Court
11am Start
Gilles Simon(FRA) vs. Marin Cilic(CRO)
Not Before 1pm
Nicolas Kiefer(GER) vs. James Blake(USA)
7pm Start
Andy Murray(GBR) vs. Novak Djokovic(SRB)
Richard Gasquet(FRA) vs. Rafael Nadal (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128643#)(ESP)

Tnn74
07-25-2008, 05:37 AM
Congrats Rafito! :hug:
Good Luck tomorrow! go get 'em kiddo! :rocker2:

07-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Congrats to Rafa on his win :) And a big Vamos for the next round :D

Lopaka
07-26-2008, 03:18 AM
OOP for Friday:

Metis thanks for posting the match times. I saw Rafa's match against Andreev before leaving Hawaii. By the time I got back online here in Cinci all the Rogers site had up was Saturday's order of play. I'm sure it is the earliest they have ever posted.

Many of us wanted Djokovic out of the picture thanks to the new improved Andy Murray job is done

There are may bad things I would like to say about ESPN programers but what is the point.:mad: I'm just too tired to stay up till 1:00 a.m. to watch Rafa on television

ATP Live just ain't streaming and I'm getting worried Richard might be having illusions of doing an Andy Murray to Rafa. Too many people on the wireless net work!

C'mon Rafa I realize your friends are already in Cinci but you need the points and another trophy! :bounce:

star
07-26-2008, 03:55 AM
Just stopping by to show support. I'll have to check the scores tomorrow. I don't want BOTH my guys to lose tonight! :sad:

So, get with it Rafa!

Metis
07-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Nadal-Gasquet 6-7 6-2 6-1 :dance:

Defended the SF points. :yeah: Let's hope for more :rocker2:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - Metis

acionescu, Aenea, l_mac, tennizen, TMJordan, this photo is for you: :D

[especially dedicated to Hema/tennizen (see Indian theme :p) who was certain about Gasquet's win :ras:]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Iamzebrahead/water_pwned.jpg

Linda :rolls:

tennizen
07-26-2008, 04:50 AM
Nadal-Gasquet 6-7 6-2 6-1 :dance:

Defended the SF points. :yeah: Let's hope for more :rocker2:

acionescu, Aenea, l_mac, tennizen, TMJordan, this photo is for you: :D

[especially dedicated to Hema/tennizen (see Indian theme :p) who was certain about Gasquet's win :ras:]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Iamzebrahead/water_pwned.jpg

Linda :rolls:

:rocker: I am proud to have whined the most for this match. I know which college they did that too, I think

NaDALiTa
07-26-2008, 04:51 AM
:haha: :haha:

nashty
07-26-2008, 04:52 AM
yeah! now on to semis! :rocker2:

Xoman
07-26-2008, 05:00 AM
Well Nadal defended his points. The way I see Nadal playing with such mental thoughness, I don't see anyone stopping him now.

Tnn74
07-26-2008, 08:43 AM
OMG. that picture :haha:
Way to go Rafa! that first set was some
spectacular tennis, from both guys!! :worship:

Good Luck against Murray :hug: he's hasn't beaten you yet,
no reason he should now :angel: not when we are inches
away from playing for the No. 1 Ranking :rocker2: Vamos!

nashty
07-26-2008, 09:01 AM
we are inches
away from playing for the No. 1 Ranking

For some reason, this gives me chills. We're so close now. And 1000 race points! yeah!:rocker2: Vamos Rafa!:rocker2:

Tnn74
07-26-2008, 09:13 AM
For some reason, this gives me chills. We're so close now. And 1000 race points! yeah!:rocker2: Vamos Rafa!:rocker2:

It's unbelievable, no? :)

Lopaka
07-26-2008, 09:19 AM

Rafa says one match at a time. I know I enjoy his play much more when I'm not worrying or thinking about possible future events.

nashty
07-26-2008, 09:30 AM
^^yeah, but everywhere I go, every article I read says "close to being no.1" and such. And really, it's unbelievable! But yeah, we'll get there, but one match at a time. ;)

cc2monac
07-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Rafa is THE player of the year! keep it up rafito! as tnn74 said, murrey never def. you, no reason he does it now! good luck, do more than saving you SF points, win some more! you're on your way to be at the top of the world!

Tess Gray
07-26-2008, 10:44 PM
good luck tonight Rafa:D

I'm off to bed now, so I can't see the results 'till tomorrow:sad:

VAMOS:D:wavey:

raven gypsy
07-26-2008, 11:11 PM
For folks in need of laugh.

It's Rafa's and Roger's US OPEN Series commercials with John McEnroe.

cotpQWp2h0w

07-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Congrats to Rafa on his win :) But remember Murray had never beaten Nole until this Tournament either. So I'm glad Rafa takes it one Match at a time ;)

star
07-27-2008, 12:31 AM
For folks in need of laugh.

It's Rafa's and Roger's US OPEN Series commercials with John McEnroe.

I love the Rafa one. It's very cute.

The Federer one is just.... well.... kind of too true these days. :eek:

T2KN
07-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I love how Rafa is tripping over the word 'ridiculous'. :D

Metis
07-27-2008, 03:19 AM
Nadal-Murray 7-6 6-3 :woohoo:

Toronto finals baby! :rocker2:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd - Metis

M.C., raven_gypsy, scarecrows, shawshank, spriwi, Tess Gray, wildegirl05: Hasta la vista baby! :wavey:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-kangaroo-punch.jpg

Tnn74
07-27-2008, 03:51 AM
Nadal-Murray 7-6 6-3 :woohoo:

Toronto finals baby! :rocker2:

M.C., raven_gypsy, scarecrows, shawshank, spriwi, Tess Gray, wildegirl05: Hasta la vista baby! :wavey:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-kangaroo-punch.jpg

OUCH! :tape: the pic is brutal :awww:

Anyway, Congrats on the win Rafa! :bigclap:
8th final out of the last 9 events, consecutive
match winning streak is now at 28! Now go and take
a bite out of that trophy! Vamos! :rocker2:

Good Luck Champ! :hug:

tangerine_dream
07-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Get ur freak on. :p

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/roddickwatch/animated%20gifs/rafashake.gif

Metis
07-27-2008, 04:14 AM
that is truly scary :rolls:

Tnn74
07-27-2008, 04:17 AM
OMG. I remembered that point! :lol:
He clearly is hungry for this title :angel:

07-27-2008, 05:06 AM
OMG. I remembered that point! :lol:
He clearly is hungry for this title :angel:
Yes indeed he is :) And with the schedule if he wins it he will certainly have worked hard enough for it. Why is it that Rafa always seems to be in the part of the draw that is effected by rain :(

Tnn74
07-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Yes indeed he is :) And with the schedule if he wins it he will certainly have worked hard enough for it. Why is it that Rafa always seems to be in the part of the draw that is effected by rain :(

:lol: Clearly we've come to the realization a few
tournaments ago that Mother Nature, indeed, is a Fedtard :ras:

Metis
07-27-2008, 05:37 AM
NEW TIME for tomorrow's final!!!

Not before 1:30pm

Nicolas KIEFER (GER) vs Rafael NADAL (ESP)

T2KN
07-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Get ur freak on. :p

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/roddickwatch/animated%20gifs/rafashake.gif

:dog:

LMAO. I *so* imaging him yelling "SPAAAAARTAAAAAAA" there. :devil:

rafa vamos
07-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Where can i watch that video?

nashty
07-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Wow. That roaring Rafa was scary and fun at the same time. I wish I have caught the match.

Now in another final?!:eek: or not.;) We've been in the finals since what? Hamburg?! But since we are with humble, "tough match this final, no?"

(Nevermind losing in MIT as long as Rafa exceeds my predictions)