what racket should I buy? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

what racket should I buy?

superslice
07-16-2008, 07:13 PM
I have been playing tennis for 4 summers, with wrong technique and using mostly only my arm. Now I have been practicing new techniques for a week and I am using a lot more of my body. My racket is Wilson Mach Pro headsize 710 cm^2 [110SQ.IN.] and recommend tension range 23-27 kg[50-60 LBS]. The net is very loose so NOW my shots are too powerful. I can't get enough topsin to keep the balls in the court. Most of them are way too long.

Now I tried my friends racket Fischer Strike headsize 660 cm^2 [102SQ.IN.] recommend tension range 20-30kg [45-65LBS] balance 13.4in/340mm weight 9.3oz/265g. I got the balls keeping better in the court and more topsin.

What kind of racket do you think I should buy, when I am just starting new rightful techniques and want more control to the ball. I don't think I need power so much but I should need more control and spins and also I would like that the racket would be pretty easy to play. Thanks for your help :worship:

jazar
07-17-2008, 07:46 AM
you should do for a smaller headsize, similar to your friends fischer. that kind of racket has a smaller headsize, giving you more accuracy but is also light giving ease of use and access to power and it has an open string pattern giving you more spin potential.

some other similar rackets to consider would be:

head metallix 2 (102sq inch, 260g)
wilson k zen team (103sq inch, 270g)
prince ozone 7 (105sq inch, 280g)
babolat aero strike (100sq inch, 275g)

dunlopkickserve
07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
My top 4 picks are:
Head Flexpoint Heat
Balboat Pure Storm Team
Dunlop Aerogel 300
Dunlop Aerogel 500/ 500 tour

The Flexpoint Heat is a good racket and a good value. You probably also want to use a string tension of 58-60 lbs

* I like rackets on the lighter side (10.7-11 oz)

garnettarun
08-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Guys..I have no idea of what bat is apt for my brother who is 7 years old now.Also can anyone give the details about where i can find self-coaching manual or something?

please ping it to garnettarun@gmail.com

TokyopunK
08-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Guys..I have no idea of what bat is apt for my brother who is 7 years old now.Also can anyone give the details about where i can find self-coaching manual or something?

please ping it to garnettarun@gmail.com

There are a ton of good websites around on the internet... some which will prove to be more valuable than a manual