Beginners Racket:: Babolat Power Game [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Beginners Racket:: Babolat Power Game

psbecks23
07-14-2008, 03:09 AM
Im planning to buy this new beginners racket from Babolat.
Do you guys have any inputs or reviews with regards to this racket.

TIA

jazar
07-14-2008, 06:43 AM
i have never heard of it

psbecks23
07-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Here it is..

http://www.babolat.com/english/tennis/teampro/index.php

jazar
07-14-2008, 07:13 PM
specs seem alright for a beginner. the head is relatively large, but not so large that you will soon grow out of it. seems like a good option to learn on

calin
07-15-2008, 02:49 AM
In my opinion, wilson is the best for beginners. My brother started playing with wilson from the first minute he touched a raquet and now he is top 10 in the nation at 12's.

Check out a video with him!

http://www.thebesttennisplayer.com/video/1865/David-Crisovan-and-Victor-Gurevich

jazar
07-15-2008, 02:27 PM
In my opinion, wilson is the best for beginners. My brother started playing with wilson from the first minute he touched a raquet and now he is top 10 in the nation at 12's.

i dont think wilson rackets are the cause of him being in the top 10. maybe it has something to do with talent and ability :confused:

psbecks23
07-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Are the strings that comes with this pre-strung racket any good?
Should I replace it as soon as i get my racket?

jazar
07-17-2008, 06:40 AM
babolat usually put good strings in their rackets. the strings in this racket won't be as good as the one they put in an aero pro drive for example. but they will be reasonably decent. unless you are looking for something specific from the string i see no point in changing them

psbecks23
07-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Just bought this racket and I have been playing with it for a couple of days.
One thing I noticed is the strings tend to mis-align easily. Whenever there is a break in the game I always find myself adjusting and re-alligning the strings.
Should I have this racket re-stringed? The recommended tension for this acket is 48/55 lbs. If I want to have more control, what tension should I use?

jazar
07-24-2008, 06:41 AM
factory stringers rarely bother to align the strings after stringing, which means they are very difficult for you to align and they lose a little bit of tension as well (because straightening the strings "beds" down the tension).

you probably should have them restrung and if you are looking for more control go to the higher end of the tension range