Introductions thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Introductions thread

Tommy fan
07-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I've noticed the forum is a little more active lately, which is great, and I hope we'll keep it up, so I opened an introductions thread so we can know wach other a bit better :)
I'll start:
Name: Neta
Playing tennis: Yes (5 years)
Favorites on ATP: Tommy, Stan (The Man :cool:), Gasquet, Sela, Safin, Kohlschreiber
Favorites on WTA: Schnyder, Henin, Jankovic, Radwanska.
Favorite movie: The day after tommorow, southpark :angel:
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): Basketball, soccer sometimes, athletics (Only watch)

el tenista
07-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Good idea Neta :-)
Now me:

Name: Carlo
Playing tennis: yes (since 1999)
Favorites on ATP: Tommy Haas and Roger Federer
Favorites on WTA: Ana Ivanovic and Anna-Lena Grönefeld (but mostly I don't like the WTA Tour that much...)
Favorite movie: Well, some classics: A Fish called Wanda, True Lies, American Pie
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): soccer, skiing, badminton

Lugburz
07-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Alright,I'm in !

Name: Ivan
Playing tennis: yes,but nothing serious
Favorites on ATP: TOMMY HAAS,Wawrinka,Kohlschreiber..and of course R Federer
Favorites on WTA: Ana Ivanovic,C.Wozniacki,Vaidsova, but I don't follow it as ATP either
Favorite movie: I like movies a lot so,difficult question though
Favorite sports :Tennis,Football

TommyB.
07-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Name: Tommy
Playing tennis: yes, now and then ;)
Favs: Tommy H., Nicolas Massu, Fernando Gonzalez, Nicolas Kiefer, Marat Safin (Ivanovic or Dementieva, I'm not a big WTA fan)
Movies: horror or films with Bud Spencer & Terence Hill :cool:
Sports: tennis, football (soccer) and hockey

I saw him in 1996 for the first time. He played against Michael Stich in New York, Tommy's first Grand Slam. And I was really impressed...up to know. ;)

thefly
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Name: Michael
Playing tennis: used to, not so much anymore, but want to play more often again ...
Favs: really primarily Tommy Haas; I generally enjoy watching good tennis, especially also Roger of course.
I'm not really into WTA.
Movies: puh, I'm an extreme movie buff, can't just name some favs in one line. ;)
Sports: tennis (go figure), (beach)volleyball, oh, and forgot basketball.

maybe you guys could write some words about how you came to be a Haas fan in the first place, and why, or what it is you love about his game?

I for one ... well, I can't really remeber the "how", I was still a kid when he burst onto the scene, I just remember that he was a cool guy. The appreciation of his great game came to me more and more as I began to know more about and truly love the sport.

What's so great about Tommy? Easy. He's one of the last all-court talents, a complete player. Another factor certainly is that he may well be the most tragic figure in tennis ever. One can only imagine what would have happened if he'd stayed healthy throughout his career. And the way he always comes back ... just inspiring.

Wyna
07-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Alright, then I will introduce myself as well.

Name: Nina
Playing tennis: Not seriously, every once in a while for fun
Favorites on ATP: Tommy, Rafa and Safin (surprise), also love to watch Federer, Gonzales
Favorites on WTA: Vaidisova, Jankovic, Sharapova and Henin
Movie: hard to pick out a few, in general I am into all kind of Mafia movies
Sports: tennis, soccer, skiing

How I got a fan of Tommy? Good question :lol:
It's basically like Michael already said, he was there when I was growing up and I watched him and I started to like the way he played, the way he was/is.

thefly
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, thanks for reminding, Nina, another guy I really like and always route for is Marat. :)

Speaking of which ... I just have to think about some footage from Halle two or three years ago, showing Tommy and Roger at training, then behing joined by Marat, and the three laughing, having fun. They seem to get along very well together, knowing each other for a long time ... now to hang out with THESE three guys for an hour or so and play some tennis, that would be a dream. :D

Lugburz
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Why Tommy?
Well,ever since I started to watch tennis, I always loved players that plays one-handed backhand...
So my first man was always Tommy,but there was another gentleman on the court :) his name is Mr Tim Henman...So Tim and Tommy were my all time favorites..(I used to call them T&T :D )
Tommy was kinda perfect player for me,his style,all-around player,that gorgeous backhand,and perfect backhand lob !So, It is simple ! I just have liked him back then,I like him now,and I shall like him forever...
C'mon Tommy...Show them no fear !
NeverMind the Bullocks...Here comes the TOMMY HAAS ! :worship:

Wyna
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM
now to hang out with THESE three guys for an hour or so and play some tennis, that would be a dream. :D

I am afraid that it will stay a dream for normal people like us...But of course, it would be amazing.

Tommy fan
07-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks all for replying :) :hatoff:

Likes the story about Tommy, Marat and Roger. Those three are awsome, wathing a practice of three of them together is a dream for me :angel:

About how I've become a fan? Well, I don't remmmeber, he has always been around and before I started to really be intersted in tennis, I only knew the name (Something like 3 years ago..) and once I watched him play, and it was just beautiful. Not only him, but the tennis, so smart and he made it look so simple and since then he's one of my faves :)

el tenista
07-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah, than me one more time. How I became a Tommy fan:
Well, I startet playing tennis seriously in 1999 and so I began to watch more and more tennis on TV (before that I only watched Grand Slam finals or something like that because I tought watching tennis is pretty boring) and exactly this was the time when Tommy began to rock the ATP Tour ;). After his injury, I was very impressed how he came back and since his comeback I really became a Tommy fan :)

simplysadie
08-17-2008, 03:01 AM
:wavey: Hi all other Hasi fans. :)

Name: Sadie
Playing tennis: yes (since 1996)
Favorites on ATP: Haas, Safin, Djokovic, Roddick, Fish, Bryans, Federer
Favorites on WTA: Jankovic, Sharapova, Davenport, Dubois, & Ivanovic
Favorite movies: Wimbledon (yeah I know), Fools Gold, Sweet Home Alabama, & Shrek
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): American football, basketball, baseball

Wyna
08-17-2008, 01:10 PM
welcome Sadie :wavey:

Lugburz
08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Welcome Sadie :yeah:

simplysadie
08-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys :)

<Eve>
06-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok I'm in the forum for quite some years but missed the period you were writing in this thread :rolleyes: I started something like this in the Café Tommy (page 1 or 2), but nobody really wanted to join as it looked like.. What did you call it Mae, True confessions I believe :lol:
Nice to see someone else started it aswell :yeah:
If only i had taken 1 look in this thread, a lot would've been clear to me :angel:
first names, gender etc.... :lol:

Ok so my info:

Name: Eva
Playing tennis: No
Favorites on ATP: Tommy Haas (Safin, Chardy)
Favorites on WTA: No real fav's
Favorite movie: I seem to have a bad taste in movies so it's better to not tell :tape:
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): Swimming, speed-skating
Tommy fan since: 2005? :scratch:

sundog
06-21-2009, 05:34 AM
Name: Melissa
Playing tennis: Yes, off and on for the last few years
Favorites on ATP: Federer, Haas, Ferrer, Gonzo, Lopez, Tursunov, Fognini
Favorites on WTA: Don't watch WTA too much
Favorite movie: National Treasure, The Italian Job, Secondhand Lions
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): There are sports other than tennis?
Tommy fan since: March 15, 2009. Yes, I remember the exact day. :D I was at his 2nd round match at Indian Wells, sitting courtside on the baseline. Tommy was walking toward where I was sitting and he looked me right in the eyes and I couldn't move. That was it, I was a goner. As I watched him play I was drawn in by his game. His style reminded me a lot of Federer. For the past few years I've been a Fed girl and would watch only him, but being at a tournament and watching tennis live gave me a whole new appreciation for some of the other players on the tour. It's amazing and awe-inspiring to see them play. When I got home I researched Tommy's career, and now I have an even greater appreciation for him knowing what he's been through and that he's never given up. I want to see him win every match because he's so gifted and so talented and he deserves good things.

Sheepy
06-24-2009, 01:48 PM
:wavey:

Name: Chloe
Playing tennis: Not for a couple of years
Favorites on ATP: Safin, Haas, Gonzo, Monfils, Baghdatis, Nieminen, Fedal, Tursunov.
Favorites on WTA: Don't follow the WTA so closely but Serena, Safina and Sugiyama are three I like.
Favorite movie: Woah, too many to name. At the minute probably Quiz Show or Gallipoli.
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): Formula One
Tommy fan since: 2006 - I remember watching his run at the US Open on Eurosport and immediately became a fan. :)

Lugburz
06-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Willkommen Sheepy ! ;)

Sheepy
06-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Willkommen Sheepy ! ;)

Danke! :wavey:

<Eve>
06-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi Chloe!! :bigwave: Welcome here, we/they normally don't speak German so don't worry ;)

Lugburz
06-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah luckily, because ich wieb nicht Deutsch.....noch..

<Eve>
06-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah luckily, because ich wieb nicht Deutsch.....noch..
:haha: :haha:
WHAT are you saying?!

Lugburz
06-24-2009, 03:40 PM
:haha: I tried to say like: I don't know German....yet.. :lol:

thefly
06-24-2009, 03:50 PM
:haha: I tried to say like: I don't know German....yet.. :lol:

I guess you made your point in some way ... :p

Lugburz
06-24-2009, 03:53 PM
then its good!! :p

thefly
06-24-2009, 03:55 PM
... I mean, by clearly showing that ... you don't know German. ;)

<Eve>
06-24-2009, 04:21 PM
:haha: thanks for making me laugh though :yeah: :worship:

Lugburz
06-24-2009, 04:43 PM
bla bla bla :p

Wyna
06-24-2009, 04:49 PM
yeah, that was pretty funny ;)

Sheepy
06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome :)

Tommy fan
06-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Welcome Chole and Mellisa!! :D :wavey:

Tommy girl/Eva nice to know you :D

<Eve>
06-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Welcome Chole and Mellisa!! :D :wavey:

Tommy girl/Eva nice to know you :D :bigwave: Hi Neta!! nice to know you too :yeah:

Lugburz
06-25-2009, 01:37 PM
ahh, Tommy and female supporters :rolleyes: .women.

<Eve>
06-25-2009, 02:34 PM
:ras:

Lugburz
06-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I guess I can be thankful I wasn't around when all this female supporting Tommy was happening in past years :lol: just kidding though

<Eve>
06-25-2009, 03:20 PM
I guess I can be thankful I wasn't around when all this female supporting Tommy was happening in past years :lol: just kidding though
So you prefer yo be with the guys only? :tape:

:haha:

Edit: Of course this post gives me a reason to give you my favorite smiley

http://en.sopah.com/files/12/smiley_devil_2.gif

Lugburz
06-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Bad bad Eva again!! 'you prefer to be with the guys only' pfff :rolleyes:

<Eve>
06-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Bad bad Eva again!! 'you prefer to be with the guys only' pfff :rolleyes:
:lol: just kidding, you know that :devil:

timoe
06-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Here's another male supporter (but still I find Tommy good-looking :lol:) and I think it's time to introduce myself:

Name: Timo
Playing tennis: Played at age 7 to ~13, now started again
Favorites on ATP: Tommy is uncontested favorite and the only one I would describe myself as a fan of, but I cheer for the other German players (some more, some less), especially Andy Beck. Other players I like: Blake, Ljubicic, Gasquet, Baghdatis
Favorites on WTA: Not very interested in WTA, sometimes I watch Lisicki or Grönefeld matches
Favorite movie: Hm difficult to say, probably the good old Star Wars trilogy
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): football (soccer) - watching and playing; skiing - only watching

I remember Tommy already was my hero when I was 9 or 10 (1997-1998), although I don't really remember how and when exactly I became a fan. But of course it was because he was and is a great guy with a great game. There were some years when I lost my fascination for tennis a little bit and didn't follow Tommy THAT much, but over the last years I've become a bigger fan of the sport and Tommy than I ever was before. :)

<Eve>
06-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Here's another male supporter (but still I find Tommy good-looking :lol:) and I think it's time to introduce myself:

Favorites on ATP: Tommy is uncontested favorite and the only one I would describe myself as a fan of, but I cheer for the other German players (some more, some less), especially Andy Beck. Other players I like: Blake, Ljubicic, Gasquet, Baghdatis
Favorites on WTA: Not very interested in WTA, sometimes I watch Lisicki or Grönefeld matches
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): football (soccer) - watching and playing; skiing - only watching

I remember Tommy already was my hero when I was 9 or 10 (1997-1998), although I don't really remember how and when exactly I became a fan. But of course it was because he was and is a great guy with a great game. There were some years when I lost my fascination for tennis a little bit and didn't follow Tommy THAT much, but over the last years I've become a bigger fan of the sport and Tommy than I ever was before. :)
Hey Timoe :wavey: Wilkommen :D

Sheepy
06-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Timo :wavey:

Lugburz
06-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Ja ja,Wilkommen Timo :yeah:

thefly
06-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Good to have another dude around. ;)

DartMarcus
06-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Name: Mark
Playing tennis: playing on TE/ITF level
Favorites on ATP: No.1 is Mardy Fish, then --> Haas, Blake, Santoro, Tipsarevic, Roddick...
Favorites on WTA: wta is joke, but still I like Ivanovic and Williams sisters
Favorite movie: Forrest Gump, Interstate 60, Knockin on the heaven door, 300, butterfly effect, benjamin button, slumdog millionaire, requiem for a dream and many others
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): playing and watching football, watching track and field and winter sports

Lugburz
06-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow welcome DM! So nice to see so many of you here :yeah:

Lugburz
06-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Fear and Loathing eh? ;)

rica87
06-27-2009, 04:40 PM
:wavey: everyone!

Name: Rica
Playing tennis: no
Favorites on ATP: Rafa, Marat, Hasi :clap2: , Nole, Kiwi
Favorites on WTA: Dinara Safina
Favorite movie: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Cruel Intentions, Thank you for smoking, Finding Neverland, Pulp Fiction...
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): football/soccer
Tommy fan since: :scratch: it's been a while.

nice to meet you! :)

Lugburz
06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Fear and Loathing in LV eh? ;)

TommyB.
06-27-2009, 04:52 PM
welcome guys! :wavey:

what an invasion in Tommy's forum :D

rica87
06-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Fear and Loathing in LV eh? ;)

er...yes. :angel:

welcome guys!http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/wavey.gif
thank you! :)

Lugburz
06-27-2009, 05:08 PM
welcome guys! :wavey:

what an invasion in Tommy's forum :D

happy times upon us I spouse :worship:

<Eve>
06-27-2009, 05:13 PM
HI Mark and Rica!! Welcome in here :bigwave:

And Rica, don't worry, I'm glad another female joined ;)

rica87
06-27-2009, 05:17 PM
HI Mark and Rica!! Welcome in here :bigwave:

And Rica, don't worry, I'm glad another female joined ;)

http://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_highfive.gif thank you, Eva!

oranges
06-28-2009, 06:40 PM
I've never properly introduced myself and didn't see this thread until recently.
Name: Sandra
Playing tennis: Not really
Favorites on ATP: Tommy, Safin, Ancic, Gasquet, Cilic, Tsonga, Berdych, Gulbis
Favorites on WTA: none ATM
Favorite movie: Pfew, who knows, lets say Magnolia, Shakespeare in Love, Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe, though I still prefer the book
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): Basketball

Glad to meet you all guys :wavey:

<Eve>
06-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Sandra!!! :wavey: Welcome of course;)
One question, what's your age?! I'm really curious now :lol:

Lugburz
06-28-2009, 07:15 PM
yeah,yeah what' you age? :devil:

oranges
06-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi Sandra!!! :wavey: Welcome of course;)
One question, what's your age?! I'm really curious now :lol:

Let's just say it's been a while since my university time :lol:

<Eve>
06-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Let's just say it's been a while since my university time :lol:
Ok :lol: SO my guess then.... 50?~:angel:

oranges
06-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Ok :lol: SO my guess then.... 50?~:angel:

Almost :lol:

<Eve>
06-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Almost :lol:
:lol: Nothing wrong with that :p
So now Tommy has a complete versatile group of fans in here :yeah:

shadows
06-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Figured I'd try post here a bit since Tommys recent renaissance has been a delight ^^

Name: Tom
Playing tennis: Casually since I was younger, more seriously in the last year or so.
Favorites on ATP: Tommy, Tsonga, Roger, Marat, Gonzo.
Favorites on WTA: Azarenka, she's my big hope for the wta
Favorite movie: Can I do TV since I don't watch many films? If I can it'd be probably be The Wire. If you really want a movie then possibly Fitzcarraldo.
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): Soccer and various boardsports

<Eve>
06-29-2009, 06:15 AM
Hi there Tom, welcome in here :D :wavey:

Wyna
06-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Welcome Tom :wavey:

Lugburz
06-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Wilkommen Tom! It's awesome to have you here mate!

Hey its football not soccer right :p

Tommy fan
06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Figured I'd try post here a bit since Tommys recent renaissance has been a delight ^^

Playing tennis: Casually since I was younger, more seriously in the last year or so.
Favorite movie: Can I do TV since I don't watch many films? If I can it'd be probably be The Wire. If you really want a movie then possibly Fitzcarraldo.
Hi Tom!! welcome to Tomy's forum :D

Favorite movie: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Cruel Intentions, Thank you for smoking, Finding Neverland, Pulp Fiction...

Welcome Rica! Nice to meet you too! :)
:bigwave: Hi Neta!! nice to know you too :yeah:
:yeah:
What's up? :D
ahh, Tommy and female supporters :rolleyes: .women.
That's us :lol:
But without us this forum wouldn't be the same.. Who would drool Tommy's photos then?

Hi Timo! Welcome!!
Name: Mark
Playing tennis: playing on TE/ITF level
Favorites on ATP: No.1 is Mardy Fish, then --> Haas, Blake, Santoro, Tipsarevic, Roddick...
Favorites on WTA: wta is joke, but still I like Ivanovic and Williams sisters
Favorite movie: Forrest Gump, Interstate 60, Knockin on the heaven door, 300, butterfly effect, benjamin button, slumdog millionaire, requiem for a dream and many others
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): playing and watching football, watching track and field and winter sports
Hi Mark, welcome! :)

rica87
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Welcome Rica! Nice to meet you too! :)

:bigwave: Neta! thank you all for the welcome! :)

Sheepy
06-29-2009, 07:50 PM

I've never properly introduced myself and didn't see this thread until recently.
Name: Sandra
Playing tennis: Not really
Favorites on ATP: Tommy, Safin, Ancic, Gasquet, Cilic, Tsonga, Berdych, Gulbis
Favorites on WTA: none ATM
Favorite movie: Pfew, who knows, lets say Magnolia, Shakespeare in Love, Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe, though I still prefer the book
Favorite sports (Apart tennis): Basketball

Glad to meet you all guys :wavey:

Hi to all :wavey:

Tom - The Wire :worship: