Fixing/Corruption [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fixing/Corruption

StevoTG
07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I did a quick search and couldn't see another thread.
How big a part do you think it plays in sports. I decided to start this thread after reading this post on another forum:

``On an aside I'm constantly amazed that people are amazed when a football game is found to rigged. I remember readin a quote from a mafia boss in relation to when they started fixing college basketball games in the US, he said that if there's money to be made from betting on something, you can be sure that that something is rigged. Had a real eye opener a while back when I was in Ladbrokes putting a few weekend bets on. An Asian man walked to the counter, produced a roll of 50s and put a bet on Spurs drawing with Chelsea 4-4 at what I can only imagine was ridiclous odds, you can imagine my surprise when the score came through that weekend that Spurs had in fact drawn 4-4 with Chelsea``

while I can't personally vouch for the story, and it's a bit hard for me to believe (sounds like a piss-take), it prompted me to start this this thread. Of course where there's money to be made, corruption can always be a factor.

Gamblore
07-12-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't think EPL could get corrupted, to big for this tp occur. That game was a strange game no doudt, but weird things do happen in football and they don't always need to be underlined as being fixed. Smaller leagues like Brazil have a better chance of fixing.

its.like.that
07-12-2008, 08:53 AM
The only sport where no fixing occurs is boxing. The best fighter always wins.

betowiec
07-20-2008, 04:59 AM
The only sport where no fixing occurs is boxing. The best fighter always wins.

hope you are being sarcastic

Newbie2008
07-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I did a quick search and couldn't see another thread.
How big a part do you think it plays in sports. I decided to start this thread after reading this post on another forum:

``On an aside I'm constantly amazed that people are amazed when a football game is found to rigged. I remember readin a quote from a mafia boss in relation to when they started fixing college basketball games in the US, he said that if there's money to be made from betting on something, you can be sure that that something is rigged. Had a real eye opener a while back when I was in Ladbrokes putting a few weekend bets on. An Asian man walked to the counter, produced a roll of 50s and put a bet on Spurs drawing with Chelsea 4-4 at what I can only imagine was ridiclous odds, you can imagine my surprise when the score came through that weekend that Spurs had in fact drawn 4-4 with Chelsea``

while I can't personally vouch for the story, and it's a bit hard for me to believe (sounds like a piss-take), it prompted me to start this this thread. Of course where there's money to be made, corruption can always be a factor.

I saw a guy @ TAB put $1000 on Kangaroos @ H/T @ $5.00 Collingwood match (Kangaroos were down by 13 at H/T)

Prob not rigged, but geez...he would've been so nervous

zethand
07-27-2008, 08:09 PM
everywhere you will find corruption! EVERYWHERE!!!

Nathaliia
07-27-2008, 08:16 PM
There will be Labadze - Przysiężny match in Graz next week, betting on it is shooting your leg and wondering why it bleeds.

its.like.that
07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
I saw a guy @ TAB put $1000 on Kangaroos @ H/T @ $5.00 Collingwood match (Kangaroos were down by 13 at H/T)

Prob not rigged, but geez...he would've been so nervous

Why would a guy betting that much bother using a crappy book with lousy odds like the tab?

:scratch:

its.like.that
07-31-2008, 10:01 AM
hope you are being sarcastic

I've had to wait 2 long weeks to give you a big :o.

;)

Iván
07-31-2008, 10:49 AM
One Morning i woke up put my local ceefax to check last nights tennis results and i see a result for a match that is scheduled to play 5 hours later on the same day.

The scoreline was 7-6 (7-4) 6-0 Czink over Ditty.

So i wait till the match is supposedly meant to start and follow it closely.

Yes Czink won 7-6 (7-4) 6-0.

The SB pretented it was live and shockingly so did betfair, i should call the cops shouldnt i?

ryan23
07-31-2008, 12:16 PM
One Morning i woke up put my local ceefax to check last nights tennis results and i see a result for a match that is scheduled to play 5 hours later on the same day.

The SB pretented it was live and shockingly so did betfair, i should call the cops shouldnt i?

When was that m8? that is so strange!

danielj
07-31-2008, 03:00 PM

I remember you saying this before mate but totally forgot, can't believe that scoreline...

Honestly i think it was an amazing coincidence, can;t see how that could possibly have happened.

bad gambler
07-31-2008, 10:49 PM

You sure you had your morning coffee before checking the scores Ivan? ;)

jayjay
08-01-2008, 02:57 AM
I don't think EPL could get corrupted, to big for this to occur. That game was a strange game no doudt, but weird things do happen in football and they don't always need to be underlined as being fixed. Smaller leagues like Brazil have a better chance of fixing.

Strange statement to make, Jig.

The more money the more likely corruption is likely to occur. You say "smaller" leagues like Brazil as if corruption has not been prevalent in Serie A, Ligue 1, the Portuguese Liga among others.

Anywhere there is money, there is inevitably corruption. I can't think of a single major sport that has not at one time or other had a major scandal involving match fixing or some kind of corruption where money was the motivating factor.

its.like.that
08-01-2008, 04:11 AM
It doesn't just concern sport.

Corruption is rife amongst those who hold executive, legislative and judicial powers in every country in the world. It's embedded in human nature.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, is either naive or a moron.

Iván
08-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Im still having a hard time getting over it.

I swear to all the gods on this earth that it happened.

I am now 1000 thousand percent believe in a conspiracy in the gambling world.

I could sue betfair and WTA for millions but im not bothered !

lol

ivekinjo
08-01-2008, 11:48 AM
lol no doubt there

dave nz
08-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Couple of articles on this subject at our site, some may find interesting :

My one :

http://www.cappersmall.com/betting/articles/Corruption-in-Sports-Betting3649.html

Another one by another writer :

http://www.cappersmall.com/betting/articles/Sports-Betting-Is-it-fixed5478.html

I know I said would post that pro gambling one, still waiting for it to be published, will when it is.

sports freak
08-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Money Talks n Bullshit Walks just ask Sonny Bill!!