GGL Ultras [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

GGL Ultras

Dom Matteo
07-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi guys, the other day I was browsing Wikipedia and was searching some of my favourite tennis players...I clicked on GGL and there was a whole paragraph about a supporter group of his. I saved it - and meant to post it here the other day but got sidetracked - and now it's been taken down.

Can anyone else shed any light on these guys?

"When playing in Australia, Guillermo is backed by noisy supporter group GGL Ultras. They have been following GGL around the tour since 2006, with terrific showings of support in 2007 and especially in 2008. GGL Ultras has a core of six members but usually amounts to around 25-30 on matchdays. The third round appearance against Tsonga in the third round was terrific with over 50 members attending and continually singing right through the post match and the start of the next singles match. 2009 is planned as a big year for the group, with several banners and new chants being organised.

Favourite Chants from the group are as below:

Guillllerrmooooooooooooo Garcia Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Garcia Lopez!! Guilllermoooooooooooo

G! G! L!

Vamos Guillermo *clap clap clap*

Following Guillermo together,
We're gonna see you win (na na na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Gui-ller-mo!

Guillermooo Woahhhhh Woahhhh Woahhhhh

He hits it down the left!
He hits it down the right!
Garcia-Lopez makes Federer look shite!

We love you Guillermo we do
we love you Guillermo we do
oooooooooooh Guillermo we love you

Ferrero Forever
07-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi guys, the other day I was browsing Wikipedia and was searching some of my favourite tennis players...I clicked on GGL and there was a whole paragraph about a supporter group of his. I saved it - and meant to post it here the other day but got sidetracked - and now it's been taken down.

"When playing in Australia, Guillermo is backed by noisy supporter group GGL Ultras. They have been following GGL around the tour since 2006, with terrific showings of support in 2007 and especially in 2008. GGL Ultras has a core of six members but usually amounts to around 25-30 on matchdays. The third round appearance against Tsonga in the third round was terrific with over 50 members attending and continually singing right through the post match and the start of the next singles match. 2009 is planned as a big year for the group, with several banners and new chants being organised.

Guillllerrmooooooooooooo Garcia Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Garcia Lopez!! Guilllermoooooooooooo

G! G! L!

We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Gui-ller-mo!

Haha I sat with those guys. It was awesome. You were part of that group wern't you:P

Ferrero Forever
07-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh, and if there are new banners and chants, can I join again? It was awesome this year

I still remember 'venga........venga all over chela's face'

Dom Matteo
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Haha I sat with those guys. It was awesome. You were part of that group wern't you:P

Nah, saw it on Wiki. I follow Simone Bolelli (aka Superbol) when in Melbourne....I might come this year though.

Dom Matteo
07-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh, and if there are new banners and chants, can I join again? It was awesome this year

I still remember 'venga........venga all over chela's face'

That sounds quite gay...I thought these fans were ultras!

Raul
07-16-2008, 09:35 AM

G! G! L!

We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Gui-ller-mo!

Really :eek:

Ferrero Forever
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I dunno if it was on Wikipedia, but the group definietly exists. In the 3rd round against Tsonga, GGL lost, and as he was walking out, they made so much noise he turned around and gave them a thumbs up, and then they made more noise.

VolandriFan
07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Sounds like great fun! I would so become a GGL Ultra :p

Dom Matteo
07-18-2008, 01:18 PM
It was on Wikipedia, honest.

May attend at the Oz Open this year if it doesnt clash with Superbol's games...

Ferrero Forever
07-23-2008, 05:13 AM
Sounds like great fun! I would so become a GGL Ultra :p

You should, it's fun, and it annoys the shit out of the other guy hehe.