Players leaving the court like they are friends [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Players leaving the court like they are friends

DDrago2
06-23-2008, 06:39 PM
In both Fed's and Djoko's match today players left the court close to each other, like they are friends, unlike anything I ever saw on tennis courts. What do you think this is about?

Moderators once deleted this thread I suppose because they thought I am hinting at something about homosexuality - I am NOT so please leave the thread alone. I am sure it has nothing to do with "homosexuality" (whatever that is, I never got it), but it might be something else. It realy drew my attention and I wondered

~*BGT*~
06-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Maybe they are friends. :shrug:

habibko
06-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I had no homosexual thoughts in mind until you willingly pointed it out :help:

anyway why do you sound like you're complaining? it's good sportsmanship, I'd pick it over Djokovic/Monfils kind of shit any day :wavey:

DDrago2
06-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Guess what - I accidentaly seemed to find an answer on my own question.

By Mark Hodgkinson
Last Updated: 9:58pm BST 22/06/20

/.../

The Swede (Bjorn Borg) argued that the players had a closer relationship in the Seventies and Eighties. "The atmosphere was a bit friendlier between the top players then - there's more distance now.

"I remember talking to Jimmy and John in the locker-room, although never before a big match, like a Wimbledon final. When I was on the tour, the players were more like friends.
advertisement

"We would play our matches, and then we would talk to each other. But these days, the atmosphere in the locker-room and in the players' lounge has changed. I'm not saying it's a bad atmosphere; it's just very different.

"The players now do their thing, play their match, or practise, and then there isn't so much interaction," said Borg, who was speaking at the launch of HSBC's 'Champions of Wimbledon' gallery of past winners, created by Gerald Scarfe.

/.../

You see, someone behind the curtains must have told the players they should be more friendly with each other... It's only sad someone has to conduct/act instead of things happening spontenously

DDrago2
06-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I had no homosexual thoughts in mind until you willingly pointed it out :help:

The title of the deleted thread was "Players leaving court holding hands", maybe that was why moderators missuderstood me

njnetswill
06-23-2008, 06:51 PM
This might be one of the dumbest threads in GM yet.

Heaven forbid players talk, touch, or smile at each other. :o

martinatreue
06-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I would like to see Djoko and Fed tongue kiss after their matches. Also Blake and Roddick.

octatennis
06-23-2008, 06:58 PM
when did you started watching tennis??? it is just another wimbledon's tradition.

habibko
06-23-2008, 07:07 PM
when did you started watching tennis??? it is just another wimbledon's tradition.

wait did he actually mean that?? of course it's a tradition in Wimbledon for players to leave together, I thought he was refering to smiling and back patting and all, come on is this your first time watching Wimbledon?

Richard_from_Cal
06-23-2008, 07:11 PM
I would like to see Djoko and Fed tongue kiss after their matches. Also Blake and Roddick.

:lol: ...:bolt:

The Freak
06-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Well, Federer and Hrbaty are really good friends and Djokovic is always like that after his matches.

lurker
06-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Didn't see the Djokovic thing, but Federer in his interview said he and Hrbaty are great friends, used to play doubles together, and you know on the last changeover in the third set, Hrbaty actually came and sat down NEXT TO Federer. He told him it would be his last Wimbledon so he just wanted to enjoy himself.

Federer=God
06-24-2008, 09:30 AM
That was nice to see with Hrbaty and Fed.

I agree with this if the players genuinely like each other. I think we need a genuine hate rivalry though.

Sunset of Age
06-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Didn't see the Djokovic thing, but Federer in his interview said he and Hrbaty are great friends, used to play doubles together, and you know on the last changeover in the third set, Hrbaty actually came and sat down NEXT TO Federer. He told him it would be his last Wimbledon so he just wanted to enjoy himself.

Nothing new, indeed.

It isn't that strange to get along well with your 'collegues', 'co-workers', or even rivals - heck, some of them will even end up being your friends! - do YOU have a job, OP? :D

tennis2tennis
06-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Roger and Hrbaty are friends though u can read this old Roger interview; they go way back (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=92020&highlight=tennis2tennis)

groundstroke
06-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Friends.