According to Dmitry Tursunov, breaking racquets is like rough sex. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

According to Dmitry Tursunov, breaking racquets is like rough sex.

gusman890
06-21-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/tennis/wimb08/nosplit/msturs.xml

"Presenting the Professional's Guide to Breaking Tennis Rackets. "Smashing a tennis racket is like having rough sex. When the racket breaks, it feels almost orgasmic. You know, some rackets just like it rough," said Dmitry Tursunov, a Californian-based Russian. "Afterwards, you feel a bit sorry that you've done it, and you're like, 'Yeah, I'll make it up to you darling, my little racket'. But the racket is broken and you know that it's never going to be the same again."

There is something about Russians and violent feelings towards tennis rackets. But it is important to get it right.

Even Marat Safin, a frame-busting legend, has a few rules: "You can destroy one racket. You can destroy a chair. But you can't destroy a racket and a chair in the same match. There has to be a limit. Otherwise this is the tennis of a sick person."

And Mikhail Youzhny became a star on the Youtube website this year when he bashed his racket against his own head with enough force to draw blood. Self-inflicted wounds are not that sensible either. But Tursunov, the world No 31, has passed on the inside guide on how to trash rackets with style, even if he is about as politically correct as a love-child of Jeremy Clarkson and a brigadier's wife.

Tursunov, who has twice reached the fourth round at Wimbledon, said that players should be encouraged to break rackets, that tennis should match 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' for blood and gore. "I don't see why anyone would ever have a problem with players smashing rackets. There's no big deal, is there? Imagine if Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are playing in the fifth set of Wimbledon. Federer had thought it was going to be easy, and he is annoyed, so he goes up to the net post with his racket, swinging away like a samurai warrior. The racket is in pieces.

"If Federer did that, that would become one of the most popular bits of footage ever. I think more of the top players should be encouraged to smash rackets. They are trying to show how intense and how passionate players are on court, and what better way to do that than smashing rackets on the court?" But the umpires will see things a bit differently; as bashing and biffing your racket is against the rules (in reality, though, it's everyone's guilty pleasure). Tennis does sex; it also does violence.
advertisement

Tursunov, putting on his teacher's hat, advises amateur racket-smashers not to fling their rackets across the court. If you do that, you will deny yourself half the fun of it. "I think it's best not to throw it. If you hold on to it, you feel more in control, it's really you smashing the racket, you can feel it breaking, you can feel the vibrations and the force down your arm. Also, if you throw your racket across the court, and it doesn't break, and there's only a scratch on it, then you are going to feel like an idiot when you walk over to pick it up. If it looks like you want to break your racket, then you have to do it," said Tursunov, the tennis world's answer to Will Ferrell (he looks and behaves much like the American actor).

Cracking a frame on a grass court earns you extra style points. "I'm impressed with anyone who can break a racket on a grass court. That's really manly. Even a girl can break their racket on a hard court. But doing it on grass, that's difficult. You could just end up with a big divot in the grass. I remember doing it once on grass, when I was really pissed off, and it ended up sticking out of the grass like a spear. But I had to pretend that was what I wanted to do, and went over to tidy up the hole in the court. I had to do some gardening. Never show that you tried to break a racket and failed."

Players practise their serves, their volleys and their groundstrokes; perhaps they should also practise their racket-abuse. "I have broken countless rackets during my career. I remember going through one 10-day period, and this was just on the practice court and not the match court, when I broke about 10 or 15. That was a little crazy. But, if you are having a bad day, then it's the best way to take out your frustrations. You're not going to start throwing tennis balls at people. The nearest object to hand is your racket, and you know that it's going to feel good when you break it. There have been a couple of times in matches when I have broken rackets on my knee. No, it wasn't painful for my knee, just painful for the racket. That's why you have to practise to get your racket-smashing right," said Tursunov.

"You don't want to look stupid on the court. But I probably smash more rackets in practice than I do in matches. It's almost better in matches, as you don't get a fine, and also, in matches, if you break a racket that tells your opponent that things are getting to you. I go through stages of smashing rackets - it all depends on my mood and whether I am having a bad day on the court."
LOL :worship::worship:

adee-gee
06-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Perhaps he should shed some light on how it feels to be thrown out of tournaments as well.

Bilbo
06-21-2008, 03:34 PM
this guy has brain problems me thinks

Iván
06-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Perhaps he should shed some light on how it feels to be thrown out of tournaments as well.

Who gives a monkeys?

He got thrown out of a crap tournie that will be discontinued next year because of its shitness, end of story.

Dima is one funny guy with a unique personality.

GuiroNl
06-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Who gives a monkeys?

He got thrown out of a tournie, end of story.

I'll give you unique and laughable. Funny not so much ;)

guille&tati4life
06-21-2008, 03:45 PM
:yawn: Stop trying to be the funny guy every time Dima, it's getting really old.

The Pro
06-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I think Uncle Toni would disagree with him. Breaking raquets takes the piss out of poorer players. Why not just GIVE THEM AWAY in anger.

More charitable. ;)

Okonsky
06-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Sure. Tough/rough man likes hard (breaking racquets). Manly thing.

Monteque
06-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Dima you are my hero.:worship:

*snowflake*
06-21-2008, 04:01 PM
"Smashing a tennis racket is like having rough sex. When the racket breaks, it feels almost orgasmic. You know, some rackets just like it rough," said Dmitry Tursunov, a Californian-based Russian. "Afterwards, you feel a bit sorry that you've done it, and you're like, 'Yeah, I'll make it up to you darling, my little racket'. But the racket is broken and you know that it's never going to be the same again."

He just nailed it there...no pun intended :p

I like how his witty yet a lil deranged mind works.

Okonsky
06-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Dima you are my hero.:worship:

Agreed first time:)

sheeter
06-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Ok then. That was one if the weirdest article/interviews I've ever read.

Monteque
06-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Agreed first time:)
:haha:

Took more than 1400 posts for this kind of reply.:devil:

GlennMirnyi
06-21-2008, 04:40 PM
According to Tursunov tennis is closing your eyes and bashing the ball with all your strength the farthest possible.

fabolous
06-21-2008, 04:49 PM
i still think gaudio is the one who could smash his rackets with greatest style :D safin and tursunov to follow. gonzalez, haas and pre-2004-federer honourable mentions.

Deivid23
06-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Someone please give this guy a banana and a tree to climb up, what a fucking retard

helgagonzalez
06-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Who gives a monkeys?

He got thrown out of a crap tournie that will be discontinued next year because of its shitness, end of story.

I quite agree. Such a funny, witty guy!
:worship: Dmitry:worship:

star_of_dusk
06-21-2008, 05:26 PM
No mention of Davydenko, does he have any racket smashing advice?

"Afterwards, you feel a bit sorry that you've done it, and you're like, 'Yeah, I'll make it up to you darling, my little racket'. But the racket is broken and you know that it's never going to be the same again."

I feel like if he became a rapist this exact paragraph would be in an article about it.

platinum
06-21-2008, 05:29 PM
:haha:

star_of_dusk
06-21-2008, 05:33 PM
If it looks like you want to break your racket, then you have to do it," said Tursunov, the tennis world's answer to Will Ferrell (he looks and behaves much like the American actor).

http://www.artoischampionships.com/1/news/assets/news/07tursunov_news2.jpghttp://www.mckinleys.net/uploaded_images/Will-Farrell-701223.jpg

indeed.

ReturnWinner
06-21-2008, 05:38 PM
tursuclown :retard:

Ilovetheblues_86
06-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Tursunov rocks, he just have done a bad thing in N´gham but he knows where are his limits. He´s not hypocrit. He´s saying for fun.:worship::cool:

habibko
06-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I can't believe I've just read that :haha: :haha: :haha:

tennis sex :worship:

Bilbo
06-21-2008, 06:55 PM
no wonder this guy still has some fans

RogerFan82
06-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Who cares what this brainless ball basher thinks ???

Doggy
06-21-2008, 07:29 PM
what a weirdo, but since i do love rough sex, i will sleep with that man-slut

Stgobaiano
06-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Tursunov:worship: what a showman.

prima donna
06-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Tursunov is really behaving idiotically, he should direct more of his focus towards his career.

jazar
06-21-2008, 08:23 PM
i've got to agree with dima, smashing a racket does feel really good. the first time i did it, i couldnt stop myself, i juse carried on until the frame was in about 5 different pieces

tangerine_dream
06-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Getting defaulted from matches and physically attacking chair umpires must be foreplay for him then.

Dima's humor just isn't funny anymore.

GuiroNl
06-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Tursunov is really behaving idiotically, he should direct more of his focus towards his career.

I would like this imbecile to retire. He can than direct his focus towards his career as a clown.

raven gypsy
06-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Well the title of this thread certainly gave me a laugh.
But I'm pretty sure I don't really want to inspect the article. :rolleyes:
I'm confident it will leave me unable to respond...

Mateya
06-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Dmitry :crazy: :retard: :lol:

Californian air did the damage to his russian brain.

safinaferrero
06-22-2008, 01:27 AM
this guy has brain problems me thinks

me think the same :lol:

Corey Feldman
06-22-2008, 02:27 AM
He's a weirdo

still to this day i cant understand the 'funny' Dima off court compared to the unpleasant dour robot we see on the court.

Tnn74
06-22-2008, 09:20 AM
:lol: again, Dima, you crazy MoFo! :haha:
if only he's that passionate towards his career and results
as he is into the art of breaking tennis rackets...

Okonsky
06-22-2008, 10:56 AM
We (guys) all know he's right. Yes, he said it in his own weird way but nevermind. It's orgazmic thing. Smash!

Fake moralising...

Bilbo
06-22-2008, 11:04 AM
i'm surprised players like dima still have fans. players like him put our sport into a bad light. first of all he should learn how to behave and especially how to look right on court. tennis is not a comical sport, it's a serious sport and i want it to stay like that.

Monteque
06-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Dima is right. breaking racquets just like doing oral sex.

partygirl
06-22-2008, 11:14 PM
it's a serious sport and i want it to stay like that.Its 2 people hitting a ball back and forth over a net.

cobalt60
06-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Well this explains why I don't like it when players break racquets.....

Bascule
06-22-2008, 11:23 PM
He's a weirdo

still to this day i cant understand the 'funny' Dima off court compared to the unpleasant dour robot we see on the court.

So...you don't like rough sex?:confused:

BigJohn
06-22-2008, 11:29 PM
"When the racket breaks, it feels almost orgasmic. You know, some rackets just like it rough. Afterwards, you feel a bit sorry that you've done it, and you're like, 'Yeah, I'll make it up to you darling, my little racket'. But the racket is broken and you know that it's never going to be the same again."

I think he's trying to be funny, but as a women/tennis racket analogy, this is pretty messed up stuff.

Okonsky
06-22-2008, 11:41 PM
"When the racket breaks, it feels almost orgasmic. You know, some rackets just like it rough. Afterwards, you feel a bit sorry that you've done it, and you're like, 'Yeah, I'll make it up to you darling, my little racket'. But the racket is broken and you know that it's never going to be the same again."

I think he's trying to be funny, but as a women/tennis racket analogy, this is pretty messed up stuff.

John, don't judge. I find it is typical Tursunov sense of (name it). Obviosly he choose to be an average player and playboy (as he sees it). Need attention and he gets it. Personaly I'm glad for one thing - he's not 'expeced' Russian and that amuses me.
Messed up, weird, brain problems...no diference. Dima probably live at his best so good luck.

P.S. This is for John, there's no discuss;)

BigJohn
06-22-2008, 11:52 PM
So...you don't like rough sex?:confused:

Honestly, this is how I see it. In this sex analogy, Tursunov is not provoked by the racket, he gets frustrated by something that was not caused by the racket, he just goes violent on the racket, that gets him off.

Now replace the word racket by woman.

That is not a description of rough sex at all if you think about it.

fast_clay
06-23-2008, 12:23 AM
i like the analogy...

i was drunk once... i took a girl home... she was also drunk... it was enjoyable...

in the morning, we spoke and i found i liked this girl a little... and, i felt, that she liked me... but, as dimitry 'Yoda' tursunov says... it can never be how it should be...

i should not have let her do those things to me... there could have been something there...

i feel that throughout dimi's career he is constantly delivering a message... a form of gospel in code... a man trapped in a body of one who was brought up in a communist ideal... but raised in the commercial opposite...

:worship: