Borg says Federer is only third favourite at Wimbledon [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Borg says Federer is only third favourite at Wimbledon

tennis2tennis
06-19-2008, 11:23 AM
sorry if already posted
Borg says Federer is only third favourite at Wimbledon (http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKL1967975220080619?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0)

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35am BST Email | Print | Share| Single Page| Recommend (0) [-] Text [+]

1 of 2Full SizeLONDON (Reuters) - Former Wimbledon great Bjorn Borg believes world number one Roger Federer is only third favourite to win the grasscourt grand slam this year.
Federer is aiming for a sixth consecutive Wimbledon title but Borg, champion five times in a row from 1976-1980, thinks the Swiss will have his work cut out.
The Swede also said he will not be surprised if Federer chooses to retire next year.
"I pick Rafael Nadal as winner and my second choice is Novak Djokovic, my third is Roger," Borg was quoted in British media on Thursday.
"For (Roger) to beat those guys at Wimbledon he needs to play much better than he did last summer. He knows he will have to play some unbelievable tennis to win again. This is the most open Wimbledon for years."
Borg, who retired in his mid-twenties, thinks Federer can overhaul Pete Sampras's record of 14 grand slam titles -- if he keeps playing.
"I wouldn't be at all surprised if Roger came out next year and said: 'I'm not going to play tennis any more', Borg added.
"It probably won't happen but if Roger decides to retire that wouldn't shock me at all. People expect him to win all the time and that is mentally and physically tiring.
"It's not going to be like before when he used to win nearly every match he played. That time has gone."
Federer, beaten in the semi-final at this year's Australian Open by Djokovic and in the French Open final by Nadal, has won 12 grand slam titles.
"He wants to break the Sampras record and I think he will if he wants to continue playing tennis," Borg said.
(Reporting by Martyn Herman, editing by Martin Petty)

leng jai
06-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Whats a Borg?

arm
06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Borg, that's wishful thinking.. You don't want Federer to win more Wimbys than you did.. :o

KitinovRules
06-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Borg said that Federer is very likely to win RG. :)

fsoica
06-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Borg had some mental problems in his youth, as I remember...
so he keeps talking through his own eyes...using his own life experience...
but Federer is made from another mental material...he will not retire before 30...

vamosnadal
06-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion....

tennis2tennis
06-19-2008, 11:49 AM

Borg = new bud collins

keroni
06-19-2008, 12:01 PM
he is an idiot. about roger retiring.

but about favourites..

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-19-2008, 12:02 PM
sorry if already posted
Borg says Federer is only third favourite at Wimbledon (http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKL1967975220080619?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0)

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35am BST Email | Print | Share| Single Page| Recommend (0) [-] Text [+]

1 of 2Full SizeLONDON (Reuters) - Former Wimbledon great Bjorn Borg believes world number one Roger Federer is only third favourite to win the grasscourt grand slam this year.
Federer is aiming for a sixth consecutive Wimbledon title but Borg, champion five times in a row from 1976-1980, thinks the Swiss will have his work cut out.
The Swede also said he will not be surprised if Federer chooses to retire next year.
"I pick Rafael Nadal as winner and my second choice is Novak Djokovic, my third is Roger," Borg was quoted in British media on Thursday.
"For (Roger) to beat those guys at Wimbledon he needs to play much better than he did last summer. He knows he will have to play some unbelievable tennis to win again. This is the most open Wimbledon for years."
Borg, who retired in his mid-twenties, thinks Federer can overhaul Pete Sampras's record of 14 grand slam titles -- if he keeps playing.
"I wouldn't be at all surprised if Roger came out next year and said: 'I'm not going to play tennis any more', Borg added.
"It probably won't happen but if Roger decides to retire that wouldn't shock me at all. People expect him to win all the time and that is mentally and physically tiring.
"It's not going to be like before when he used to win nearly every match he played. That time has gone."
Federer, beaten in the semi-final at this year's Australian Open by Djokovic and in the French Open final by Nadal, has won 12 grand slam titles.
"He wants to break the Sampras record and I think he will if he wants to continue playing tennis," Borg said.

Borg truly understands tennis.

What a true GOAT.

bokehlicious
06-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Nothing wrong with his picks... I'd even put Roddick ahead of Fed as well :shrug:

MacTheKnife
06-19-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm sure Borg would like to hang on to the tie with 5 straight, but I don't think that would affect his views of who he "thinks" will win. As great as Borg is, he was never one of my all time favorites. I don't however think he was/is a guy who's integrity is questionable. He is a class act and great champion. He is certainly entitled to his opinion and it doesn't take a mental giant to see that Fed is not playing nearly as well as he has the last 5 years going into this tournament.
Personally, if the weather and match schedules corporate this year, I'd give Nadal a slight edge at this point. There are a lot of factors at Wimby beyond how a player is playing that affect results. With the right weather conditions, schedules, and seeding; Fed could pull this off, but IMO that is the long shot.

scoobs
06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah well Sampras says that Federer is still the best and will win his 6th Wimbledon this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7462963.stm

And Sampras won 7 Wimbledons to Borg's 5 so he's better.

Fact.

;)

Maybe all these pundits and ex-champs with opinions should sort it out in Thunderdome?

BlueSwan
06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Borg comments doesn't make much sense. If he doesn't see Roger winning Wimbledon, then how does he see him breaking Sampras' record? Furthermore the comment about Federer needing to play better than in the past is wrong, I think. He needs to play AS WELL as in the past to win - and that is hard enough in itself. Neither Nadal nor Djokovic has got the grass court tennis skills of Federer in his prime, nor will they ever, IMO. The final of last year was the best grass court match Nadal has ever played, while Federer played at his usual level - neither better nor worse. Federer in JesusFed mode destroys everybody on grass.

Trouble is that JesusFed has only shown himself in glimpses this year, which is why the top 3 have about equal chances of winning. I basically see the favourites like this:

1 - Roger Federer - 33%
2 - Rafael Nadal - 31%
3 - Novak Djokovic - 29%
4 - Someone else - 7%

BlueSwan
06-19-2008, 12:09 PM
I love how quickly the mood can change at MTF and with the commentators. Rafa narrowly beat Djoker at Queens and suddenly everyone writes off Djokers chances of winning Wimbledon and makes Rafa the overwhelming favourite. What if Djoker had one that match (very possible?). What if Rafa had had a terrible day last sunday and Roger had completed his career grand slam with a 5 set victory over Nadal? I agree that Federer is generally not playing nearly as well this year, as we've been used to, but on the other hand, people are putting a lot of emphasis on the results of a select few matches.

tennizen
06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Borg maybe a tennis genius but he is as good as our MTF's resident predictor when it comes to predictions:lol:

finishingmove
06-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Whats a Borg?

The Borg are a fictional pseudo-race of cyborgs depicted in Star Trek. In alien encounters, they exhibit no desire for negotiation or reason, only to assimilate. (taken from wikipedia)

i wouldnt mess with the Borg

njorker
06-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Nothing wrong with his picks... I'd even put Roddick ahead of Fed as well :shrug:

Ah, I love you for saying that. Hope Roddick can be a threat in Wimby this year. My faves to win are:

1. Novak
2. Rafa
3. Andy

I'd love for Andy to win but Novak and Rafa are doing better than him at the moment, imo. :) Honestly, I'd love for any of the guys to win...except for Fed. ;)

Luís Santos
06-19-2008, 12:51 PM
:retard:

Black Adam
06-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Aye that be true, except for the part where Fed is number 3 fave. I would put him tie number 3 with Roddick or even behind Roddick. It will take some pansy choking from the Spartans for Fed to come out with this Golden Trophy.

bokehlicious
06-19-2008, 01:13 PM
I would put him tie number 3 with Roddick or even behind Roddick.

:haha:

Go Andy go, you're definitely closing the gap :rocker2: :cool:

star
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
sorry if already posted

I love the guy, but Borg is indulging in projection -- and lots of it.

jasmin
06-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Is Borg looking for a job or something. I swear he's too much in the news making all these annoying comments. Just yesterday he's talking about how great Murray is and will win a slam.

bokehlicious
06-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Right? And Blake too.

Roger better avoid Fish too... :devil: :rocker2:

Fumus
06-19-2008, 01:23 PM

Right? And Blake too.

habibko
06-19-2008, 01:26 PM
people at gambling sites know better than Borg

Castafiore
06-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Absolute nonsense.

Tough opposition on clay is something else than tough opposition on grass for Roger.
When he feels that he's with his back against the wall on clay, he's perhaps not superconfident but it's something entirely different on grass. It may have slowed down but it's still a surface he has ruled on for a mighty long time and he could well continue to do so.
Confidence is important in tennis and grass is where Roger is the most confident. We haven't seen much of Roger on grass so far this season so it's simply too soon to rule him out as the top contender.

Borg may have not put down Roger as his top favorite but plenty of others have, such as McEnroe, Sampras, Becker, Stich, Henman... so what's the big deal anyway. :zzz:

Sampras:
He's still the guy most likely to win the majors. He's lost a couple but if anything that'll do him some good, it'll get him fired up," said Sampras.
"As great as Roger is he's going to have his losses and his bad days, it's just human nature to go through some lulls.
"The media need a story and something to grab on to, like he's lost his edge. He hasn't lost his edge.

John McEnroe:
John McEnroe believes Roger Federer's "clear vision" of how to play on grass will again see him crowned Wimbledon champion this year.
Asked whether the inconsistencies that have blighted Federer's season to date will be less apparent on grass, McEnroe said: "I think so, because there's not as many guys that are as comfortable playing on grass. There only seems to be a handful of guys who have this real clear vision of what they want to do on grass. With Roger, it's hard to see him lose."

ZakMcCrack
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Aye that be true, except for the part where Fed is number 3 fave. I would put him tie number 3 with Roddick or even behind Roddick. It will take some pansy choking from the Spartans for Fed to come out with this Golden Trophy.

As little as a murky french pig pool favors a gracile ballet dancer like Federer as much favors him the opera of applied arts in Wimbledon, where fleet-footed gracefulness is highly regarded and gets loudly rewarded. Anyway, no Spartan would have stood a chance on babylonian soil as we all know. The Spartans will be blinded by beauty.

Branimir
06-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I really don't understand. Borg went from totally laid down person, no one knew what he is doing, where is he bla bla to commenting what is going to happen in every tournament, including masters lol. Why?
Were there rumors (or truth) that he is/was in some financial problems so he was selling his stuff (medals). Sorry if I am talking rubbish.

Borg mind your own business man.

WF4EVER
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
He's so fucking annoying these days. Why can't he just STFU?

madmanfool
06-19-2008, 02:20 PM
The Borg are a fictional pseudo-race of cyborgs depicted in Star Trek. In alien encounters, they exhibit no desire for negotiation or reason, only to assimilate. (taken from wikipedia)

i wouldnt mess with the Borg

:haha::haha::lol::haha:

tennis2tennis
06-19-2008, 02:21 PM
I really don't understand. Borg went from totally laid down person, no one knew what he is doing, where is he bla bla to commenting what is going to happen in every tournament, including masters lol. Why?
Were there rumors (or truth) that he is/was in some financial problems so he was selling his stuff (medals). Sorry if I am talking rubbish.

Borg mind your own business man.

in his defence he probably gets asked about his views..it's not like he's gonna say 'no comment' to something tennis related...

Matchpointprt
06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
I never liked Borg because of this kind of comments. I don´t think it´s right to say that "I´m not surprised if he retires", and "he isn´t favourite" and "he is tired of having the pressure to win so he will retire"... specially if the person who says this is a well known person like him. Obviously Federer will know about this which can affect him. For me seems that Borg doesn´t want Federer to beat his records. I think Federer didn´t play well in RG, not just in the final, the match against Monfils for me showed that he wasnt playing very well, but in my opinion Nadal was playing the best he ever played in RG, he is a lot more agressive and i still doesn´t put him as favourite because grass for Federer is his home... but Nadal is closer this year i think and Djokovic also as good chances...but Federer i 3rd? I think thats wrong...

yanchr
06-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Borg obviously would love to see Roger, who is on the verge of breaking his record, retire tomorrow, before Wimbledon that is... Sorry Borg, not gonna happen :awww:

tennis2tennis
06-19-2008, 02:25 PM
:devil:I never liked Borg because of this kind of comments. I don´t think it´s right to say that "I´m not surprised if he retires", and "he isn´t favourite" and "he is tired of having the pressure to win so he will retire"... specially if the person who says this is a well known person like him. Obviously Federer will know about this which can affect him. For me seems that Borg doesn´t want Federer to beat his records. I think Federer didn´t play well in RG, not just in the final, the match against Monfils for me showed that he wasnt playing very well, but in my opinion Nadal was playing the best he ever played in RG, he is a lot more agressive and i still doesn´t put him as favourite because grass for Federer is his home... but Nadal is closer this year i think and Djokovic also as good chances...but Federer i 3rd? I think thats wrong...

if I was Roger I'd say..
"I'm not going to retire just because the competition gets tougher, what kind of a player does that?" :devil:

jenanun
06-19-2008, 02:27 PM

and because of this, he said federer is 3rd favourite to avoid further embarrassment...

seriously, to be fair, borg didn't say federer is very likely to win RG this year (maybe he said so in previous year). he said federer 'has a chance' this year..... nevermind.

i agree nadal is the favourite, but djokovic the 2nd?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!

Monteque
06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't really mind about what Borg has said.
1 GS in one year just enough for Roger. he'll end up his career with the most gs titles in the history

Black Adam
06-19-2008, 03:07 PM
I love how quickly the mood can change at MTF and with the commentators. Rafa narrowly beat Djoker at Queens and suddenly everyone writes off Djokers chances of winning Wimbledon and makes Rafa the overwhelming favourite. What if Djoker had one that match (very possible?). What if Rafa had had a terrible day last sunday and Roger had completed his career grand slam with a 5 set victory over Nadal? I agree that Federer is generally not playing nearly as well this year, as we've been used to, but on the other hand, people are putting a lot of emphasis on the results of a select few matches.
The Segment "WHAT IF" can be found numerous times in the speech of a delusional and wishful thinking idiot.

bokehlicious
06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
:devil:

if I was Roger I'd say..
"I'm not going to retire just because the competition gets tougher, what kind of a player does that?" :devil:

We all know Borg retired like a coward because he was owned by Mac and couldn't take that anymore... :shrug:

DDrago2
06-19-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't really mind about what Borg has said.
1 GS in one year just enough for Roger. he'll end up his career with the most gs titles in the history

Yeah it seems since Rogers domination people forgot what it means to win a single GS

As of late Borg's statements - intentionaly or not - add spice to happenings, but you can only guess what he realy thinks

Bernard Black
06-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Wishful thinking from Borg, he really is worried about losing his record. Funny :D

MacTheKnife
06-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Careful Rafa fans.. There was a time that people were saying Borg and Vilas would never lose on clay. One thing you learn in this sport is to never say never. It's always easy to think that about your favorite player. I've done it to many times.. But guess what, it will happen, Rafa will not win RG every year. Prepare yourselves, it's not if, it's just when. Will Fed win it, who knows. Pretty obvious this year, even Fed didn't think he could do it. But I promise you, someone will. Four to five seems to be the magic number in this game at winning slams in a row. After that, it's a crap shoot.

jcempire
06-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Third Favorite to the guy who has not even lose any match in 5 years.

Are you kidding me?

prima donna
06-19-2008, 03:49 PM
This terrifying and horrible post should get at least 3 months vacation from this board. It's only a sport and you are not Roger's hired defender so no need to get all your feathers ruffled. You are way out of line and should apologize immediately.
The post was intended to ruffle a few feathers -- that's the entertaining aspect of this message board.

As for apologizing, absolutely not. Did Bjorn Borg apologize when he cheated numerous New York investors out of money and left them practically in financial ruin ? Did Borg apologize for his lying and manipulation of the media back then ? No. Why should I apologize for merely stating a feeling that is mutually shared by most human beings with a clue as to what type of criminal and pathological liar this man is ?

It has nothing to do with his predictions, but if he's going to go around talking carelessly then it's time someone remind the masses what we're dealing with here -- were it not for his parents and celebrity status the man would have found himself homeless and naked.

tangerine_dream
06-19-2008, 03:49 PM
What is this? A Borg bashing thread? Respect the Borgameister, he's entitled to his misguided opinions just like the rest of us! Mods, close this thread. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry031.gif

bokehlicious
06-19-2008, 03:53 PM
What is this? A Borg bashing thread? Respect the Borgameister, he's entitled to his misguided opinions just like the rest of us! Mods, close this thread. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry031.gif

So what, Borg can't take a bashing? If the mods had to close every bashing post there wouldn't be much left to read :shrug:

tennis2tennis
06-19-2008, 03:59 PM
RELATED?

Black Adam
06-19-2008, 04:09 PM
The post was intended to ruffle a few feathers -- that's the entertaining aspect of this message board.

As for apologizing, absolutely not. Did Bjorn Borg apologize when he cheated numerous New York investors out of money and left them practically in financial ruin ? Did Borg apologize for his lying and manipulation of the media back then ? No. Why should I apologize for merely stating a feeling that is mutually shared by most human beings with a clue as to what type of criminal and pathological liar this man is ?

It has nothing to do with his predictions, but if he's going to go around talking carelessly then it's time someone remind the masses what we're dealing with here -- were it not for his parents and celebrity status the man would have found himself homeless and naked.
He hasn't done anything to you. I would understand if you were wishing death to someone like Mugabe but Borg is just an athlete who has many admirers and you will find many people will be offended by your remarks. Someone like Mugabe has many people waiting for him to make his exit from this world.

Besides in your original post you didn't mention that you wished he had successfully killed himself for financially ruining other people. You clearly stated that you wished him dead because he was coming up with predictions that don't seem to be received well by the Fedtard community.

prima donna
06-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Besides in your original post you didn't mention that you wished he had successfully killed himself a financially ruining other people.
Bjorn Borg left New York investors financially damaged, some of them were forced to put their homes up for sell, while it took years for the others to finally make up the debt that had been accumulated thanks to Borg's empty promises, his product was a failure in the United States and so he moved on to Japanese investors where he had more success, although never restituting the debt owed to those he cheated initially.

You clearly stated that you wished him dead because he was coming up with predictions.
Where exactly have I stated such ? If anything at all, my lamentation had more to do with Borg's declining cognitive ability, which has become quite apparent as he continues to publicly express sentiments that are nothing short of frightening.

Take for instance a few years ago when the old chap wanted to sell his Wimbledon trophies to make a profit, classy players like Andre Agassi came forth and offered to purchase them, as they had no business being in the hands of mere commoners.

MacTheKnife
06-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Borg obviously would love to see Roger, who is on the verge of breaking his record, retire tomorrow, before Wimbledon that is... Sorry Borg, not gonna happen :awww:

Borg is already in his rearview mirror.. Last time I checked it as 12-11 in slams.. and still counting.. Borg never won a USO or AO, he had 6 FOs and 5 Wimbs. Then quit.. What would he have done had he kept playing, guess we'll never know for sure.
But I don't think Fed is giving Borg a lot of thought. If I had a guess, it would be that Fed thinks a lot more about 15 than anything else.

Consecutive are something we fans think more about, the players seem to be more about the bigger picture.

One final thought - If you gave Fed a choice to win Wimby this year for 6 straight, OR lose Wimby this year, and then come back to win 15 or 16 slams, which do you think he would take ??? Bigger picture no doubt..

WF4EVER
06-19-2008, 04:48 PM
:devil:

if I was Roger I'd say..

Exactly.

I wanted to quote Matchpointprt as well to ask if Borg was talking about himself. Thanks for highlighting that.

Borg is an ass.

groundstroke
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Shows how much this fool knows, he tipped Federer to win French Open and now this, what a fucking twat. Infamous US Open choker.

Matt01
06-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Go Andy go, you're definitely closing the gap :rocker2: :cool:

Andy is definately Top Favorite for Wimbledon :rocker2:

Corey Feldman
06-19-2008, 06:45 PM
I wouldnt disagree with Borg on this one

but he is a bandwagoner - and he says everyone can win Wimbledon when he's asked about their chances :lol: said it about Murray as well

Allez
06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Borg is so right. Anyone who has followed men's tennis this year cannot conclude otherwise unless they have their TARD hat on.

What has Roger done this year to support the notion that he is the favourite going into Wimbledon ? Nothing.

Is he leading the race ? No
Is he a grandslam winner ? No
Has he won the most number of tournaments ? No
Has he won ANY big tournament ? No
Has he beaten two time Wimbledon finalist Nadal ? No
Has he improved his game from last year when he nearly lost the final ? No
Is he completely healthy this year ? NO!

On what basis would anyone make Federer the favourite other than the fact that he is a 5 time defending champion ? I'm sorry that is not enough. Just because he has won it for the last 5 years does not mean he will win it for the next 5. You can't IGNORE current realities. Also history is heavily against him as no one has ever been able to do it 6 times in a row. Add to the list of Fed's woes this year the undeniable rise of Nadakovic and you're left with no choice but to see things as 5 time champion, Borg sees them.

Also it is not just Borg who thinks this Wimbledon is Nadal's to lose, but an overwhelming majority of ex-players and tennis pundits. I'm hoping for a Nadal vs Djokovic semifinal as the only way we're going to see a decent final is if whoever comes through that match is slightly exhausted to be stretched to at least 4 sets by MonoFed.;)

jenanun
06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Shows how much this fool knows, he tipped Federer to win French Open and now this, what a fucking twat. Infamous US Open choker.

to be fair, borg didnt tip federer to win french open. at least not this year. all he said was, federer has a chance.....

jenanun
06-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Borg is so right. Anyone who has followed men's tennis this year cannot conclude otherwise unless they have their TARD hat on.

What has Roger done this year to support the notion that he is the favourite going into Wimbledon ? Nothing.

On what basis would anyone make Federer the favourite other than the fact that he is a 5 time defending champion ? I'm sorry that is not enough. Just because he has won it for the last 5 years does not mean he will win it for the next 5. You can't IGNORE current realities. Also history is heavily against him as no one has ever been able to do it 6 times in a row. Add to the list of Fed's woes this year the undeniable rise of Nadakovic and you're left with no choice but to see things as 5 time champion, Borg sees them.

Also it is not just Borg who thinks this Wimbledon is Nadal's to lose, but an overwhelming majority of ex-players and tennis pundits. I'm hoping for a Nadal vs Djokovic semifinal as the only way we're going to see a decent final is if whoever comes through that match is slightly exhausted to be stretched to at least 4 sets by MonoFed.;)

exactly. ok federer won 59 matches on grass, but he is not at his top form at the moment, which is the most crucial point. he is not playing his best tennis at the moment. the 59 is no longer relevant. the only thing that support federer could be a favourite is the win in halle which is a relatively weak field compare to artois.

wake up people. see how federer plays tennis this year. watch any one match he has played this year, compared to any one match he played in the last few years, you will tell the difference. you just need to open your eyes.

Monteque
06-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Hello, Roger has a plan.
He plans to extend his streak to 66 matches.

Dan's Racket
06-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Borg is turning into the Martin Navarartilova of ATP tour.
He is a once in a life time genius tennis player; but makes ridiculous comments on the sport. :lol:

Merton
06-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Nothing wrong with Borg stating his opinion, it surprises me that some pundits make Nadal to be the favourite but people are entitled to their opinion. :shrug:

Merton
06-19-2008, 09:26 PM

Rubbish. Roger is still the favourite, not on the basis of his past success but just looking at the competition.

-Roger would be the favourite on grass against any opponent on the draw. In particular, he moves better than Djokovic and his backhand is not as vulnerable on grass as it is on clay against Nadal.
-There is a greater chance of an early upset for Djokovic and Nadal than it is for Federer, even though that chance is relatively small.
-Roger's serve is a bigger weapon than Djokovic or Nadal and his ability to put returns on play is still there.

Obviously, Roger is not the favourite to the same extent he was in 2005/2006 and obviously, there is always uncertainty in competition. But he is still the favourite.

Eden
06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
ok federer won 59 matches on grass, but he is not at his top form at the moment, which is the most crucial point. he is not playing his best tennis at the moment. the 59 is no longer relevant. the only thing that support federer could be a favourite is the win in halle which is a relatively weak field compare to artois.

wake up people. see how federer plays tennis this year. watch any one match he has played this year, compared to any one match he played in the last few years, you will tell the difference. you just need to open your eyes.

Roger had some matches this year where he was a bit off, but 99% of the players on the tour would surely love to have his results the past months (reaching the SF and F of a GS, winning two tournaments). It's just the fact he has been so dominant the last years that each of his matches, even each set he loses, is getting analyzed.

In Halle he won a tournament without having lost a set or his serve. It's true he didn't faced any Roddick, Nadal or Djokovic, but he had to play against Kiefer who already won on grass against him and often was a tricky opponent for him on every surface. Baghdatis was in the final of Halle last year and pushed Djokovic to 5 sets at Wimbledon shortly after.

Of course Nadal has the selfconfidence now that he beat Roddick and Djokovic on grass, but don't overlook that he struggled against Nishikiro and Karlovic.

A player who has reached the Wimbledon final two times in a row is always a main challenger for the title, especially being selfconfident coming straight from his dominant clay court season, but players like Youzhny and Söderling have shown that Rafa can be troubled already before the final in Wimbledon.

gogogirl
06-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey All,

I don't think it's that farfetched to utter the words or to think that Roger is not playing as well this year as Rafa & Nole are. There is no question he isn't. It doesn't all have to do w/clay either. He is not choosing the right/best shot selection and executing as well as he has in the past. Those things need to be applied on any surface.

He really has shown himself to be a typical and ordinary to a certain extent. Why couldn't he win more games than he did against Rafa? Part of it of course was because of Rafa's play, but that doesn't tell the entire story. I still say he's suffered some kind of mental block upon reaching the latter rounds of his last four tournaments where he lost. He is not bearing down and executing on the most important points like he used to. His serve comes and goes. He is making the kind of errors others have made against him.

Roger is no longer the favorite to win Wimby. I mentioned before, that I think it is a free fall at the top. The top three are equally the faves - and for many of the reasons some have broken down and pointed out. Roger has won the most on grass. Rafa is on a streak - period. Nole has proven he can win the big ones and/or get to the semis at least. To me, that spells evenness. We won't know who out of these three will win the title in Wimby until it is all over and the fat lady done sung.

Ironically though, I don't understand how some can't visualize either one of these three getting upset by someone. That could happen too, that neither of them will win it, and/or two out of the three might not even make it to the semis, and so on and so forth.

I just saw on 'Pardon The Interuption' on TV - where they discussed that Nole was talking and stated that Roger was worried because so many others are believing they can win it - and he is in a decline. I think Nole mentioned something about his loss to Rafa in the final at the FO too. They questioned whether or not he was wrong for calling Fed out. They concluded that he wasn't wrong to voice his opinion. Folks are discussing this. Wilburn stated that Roger was definitely in a decline.

It may be sad but it is true that it's only natural that some speak about how out of sorts Roger looked when he suffered such a bad loss at the hands of Rafa. It most likely was his worst loss ever.

We know he should make it to the semis, but we also know that we can no longer pencil him in. I wonder how the betting odds will shake out after the draw is made.

We shall see said the odds makers.

Tnn74
06-19-2008, 10:21 PM
:o Federer has been a mental midget this year...
especially in the later stages of these events...
IMO, Nadal is still the only guy who can and will
challenge him for the title... I am still not at all
impressed with Djoker's movement nor grass play...
I'd put Roddick before him as a contender...

MacTheKnife
06-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Gogogirl - I will not quote your entire post, but agree with it completely. I think Roger had some physical issues to start the year, which affected his physical movement, and his stamina. There is no doubt the mono bothered him for some time. Now, I simply think he is feeling the massive amount of pressure of being so dominate and unquestionably the #1 player for 4 straight years. Not to mention all the the talk of GOAT. You can not name one #1 player that did not begin to feel this pressure as time moves on. It is extremely difficult to be the guy with the target on your back for one or two years, but to do it for four years in virtually unheard of. This is the most dominate 4 year period by any player in the history of the sport. To think that can continue is simply insanity.

Anyone that knows tennis knows that can not go on for ever. It never has, and it never will. To me Roger's decline is not in question. The only unanswered is how will he deal with it, and how will the next #1 guy do with the target on HIS back. I honestly believe it will help Roger over the next 2 to 4 years of his career to drop to 3 or 4 in the world and play the underdog for a while. That's exactly what happened to Pete and look what happened, he reeled off 3 more slams after virtually everyone in the tennis world had written him off.

Will Fed do that, only time will tell, but my guess is he's got at least 2 or 3 left in him once the tennis world realizes and accepts that the guy is human and subject to the same affects of pressure that every other #1 player in the history of the sport has been.

nobama
06-19-2008, 10:36 PM
I love all the Djoker wanna be's in here who seem to know what Roger's thinking/feeling. :lol: So he plays Halle without dropping a set or losing his serve and the excuse is it was a weak field. Was it a weak field in 2006 when Rochus had match points aginst him and he struggled pretty much the entire tournament?

nobama
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM

Also it is not just Borg who thinks this Wimbledon is Nadal's to lose, but an overwhelming majority of ex-players and tennis pundits. I'm hoping for a Nadal vs Djokovic semifinal as the only way we're going to see a decent final is if whoever comes through that match is slightly exhausted to be stretched to at least 4 sets by MonoFed.;)Could you name this "overwhelming majority" of players and pundits. I'd love to know who all these people are. Going by your critera how many years would Sampras have qualified as the "favorite"? If Roger sucks so bad this year how is it he made the SF of AO, IW, the finals of MC, Hamburg and RG and won Estoril and Halle. I'm sure a lot of players would love to suck that much. :lol:

MrChopin
06-19-2008, 10:43 PM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/funny/loki8.gif

Just won Halle without dropping a set... has made it to the finals of the last 5/6 tournaments... beat "major threats" Nalbandian and Djokovic within the last month+...

Rafa was leading in '07.
He wasn't in '05, not even a slam finalist. :eek:
Rafa had more in '07.
He's made a lot of finals and won one on grass... better than '03.

Last November: 6-4, 6-1.

Yes. Backhand is better, forehand is better, movement looks better. More aggressive returns, groundstrokes, tactics...

Is he completely healthy this year ?
He's looked pretty good for the last two months.

On what basis would anyone make Federer the favourite other than the fact that he is a 5 time defending champion ?
His last two months

You can't IGNORE current realities.
Indeed, and he is far improved since the early portion of the year.

Also history is heavily against him as no one has ever been able to do it 6 times in a row.
Fed likes rewriting history.

Add to the list of Fed's woes this year the undeniable rise of Nadakovic and you're left with no choice but to see things as 5 time champion, Borg sees them.
Already covered.

Also it is not just Borg who thinks this Wimbledon is Nadal's to lose, but an overwhelming majority of ex-players and tennis pundits.
How many were saying the same things in '07? Before RG '08?

I'm hoping for a Nadal vs Djokovic semifinal as the only way we're going to see a decent final is if whoever comes through that match is slightly exhausted to be stretched to at least 4 sets by MonoFed.;)

I'm hoping Fed gets Roddick, Djokovic, and Nadal.

nobama
06-19-2008, 10:46 PM
What MrChopin said. :yeah:

Corey Feldman
06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
What MrChopin said. :yeah:Kinda

cept this bit

Yes. Backhand is better, forehand is better, movement looks better. More aggressive returns, groundstrokes, tactics...

JediFed
06-19-2008, 10:47 PM

Winning Halle without getting broken or losing a set or going to tiebreak?

His game on clay and grass is better based solely on this years results.

Deivid23
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Federer wins his 6th Wimbledon in 16 days, end of

nobama
06-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Kinda

cept this bitI'm guessing they meant from where it was earlier this year.

MaryX
06-19-2008, 10:59 PM
I'd put Roddick before him as a contender...

dream on

Corey Feldman
06-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Federer wins his 6th Wimbledon in 16 days, end ofyou're predictions mean nothing to me anymore since you said Nole would beat Rafa in RG Semis

Manon
06-19-2008, 11:18 PM
you're predictions mean nothing to me anymore since you said Nole would beat Rafa in RG Semis

:o Best makes mistakes M.

dsingh7
06-19-2008, 11:21 PM
I wouldnt disagree with Borg on this one

but he is a bandwagoner - and he says everyone can win Wimbledon when he's asked about their chances :lol: said it about Murray as well

:)why to bash old guy.he loves his records and does not want to see them broken for long long time.

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 12:24 AM
dream on

:zzz: wake me up when sweet Novak gets there... :ras:

Forehander
06-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Well obviously this proves why he retired at the age of early 20's didn't it? What he said reflected his own actions in early years. So people should stfu about how he would have won "MUCH MORE" if Borg continued to play, because clearly he was struggling mentally and physically. Anyway he's got a point.

tennis2tennis
06-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Well obviously this proves why he retired at the age of early 20's didn't it? What he said reflected his own actions in early years. So people should stfu about how he would have won "MUCH MORE" if Borg continued to play, because clearly he was struggling mentally and physically. Anyway he's got a point.

completely agree people also gloss over the fact that he never won the US Open to like its not even a major grandslam!

littleash
06-20-2008, 04:53 AM
sadly, i have to agree with borg :sad:

Allez
06-20-2008, 06:10 AM
Could you name this "overwhelming majority" of players and pundits. I'd love to know who all these people are. Going by your critera how many years would Sampras have qualified as the "favorite"? If Roger sucks so bad this year how is it he made the SF of AO, IW, the finals of MC, Hamburg and RG and won Estoril and Halle. I'm sure a lot of players would love to suck that much. :lol:

No one implied he "sucks so bad" Almost everyone has him in their top 3. That is not too bad. You think that record is something to crow about ? Well I have news for you, Nadal and Djokovic have much better records this year! A lot of players would love to "suck that bad", but those players are NOT Nadal and Djokovic and those players are not favoured above Roger to win Wimbledon. If Roger's biggest fans are starting to celebrate such dismal results then you know the writing is on the wall.:eek:

ZakMcCrack
06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
If Roger's biggest fans are starting to celebrate such dismal results then you know the writing is on the wall.:eek:

Nay, first of all: Halle has always been a good place for Federer and winning the tournament IS a good omen...secondly, I doubt the so-called "celebrating" was due to the result but more due to the fact that he was playing fine tennis again which offered a promising vision going into Wimbledon.

bjurra
06-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah, let's listen to someone who met his first wife at a Wet T-shirt competition.

tennis2tennis
06-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Yeah, let's listen to someone who met his first wife at a Wet T-shirt competition.

:worship: :lol:

Mimi
06-20-2008, 08:54 AM
isn't borg's first wife a tennis player too ?:confused: while the second one is a porn star :confused:, seems borg's taste on women is quite bad, both of them look bad :ignore:

bjurra
06-20-2008, 09:09 AM
isn't borg's first wife a tennis player too ?:confused: while the second one is a porn star :confused:, seems borg's taste on women is quite bad, both of them look bad :ignore:

You are correct. His first wife was the tennis player Mariana Simionescu, his second wife was Jannike Björling who is not a porn star but did get her top wet when she met Björn. His third wife was the eccentric pop singer Loredana Berte and his fourth and current wife Patricia is (un)fortunately rather normal.

Mimi
06-20-2008, 09:16 AM
:scared: four wives, no wonder he is broke ..... great tennis player, but foolish brain, i mean, no need to marry them, just stay as lovers to avoid paying them when they divorced .... :ignore:

You are correct. His first wife was the tennis player Mariana Simionescu, his second wife was Jannike Björling who is not a porn star but did get her top wet when she met Björn. His third wife was the eccentric pop singer Loredana Berte and his fourth and current wife Patricia is (un)fortunately rather normal.

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 09:57 AM
:scared: four wives, no wonder he is broke ..... great tennis player, but foolish brain, i mean, no need to marry them, just stay as lovers to avoid paying them when they divorced .... :ignore:

Whoa! Borg had a busy life, for sure...
explains why he retired so early...
Perhaps Federer should never EVER tie the knots with Mirka (officially, anyway) :lol:

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:00 AM
yeah, roger is smarter than borg, he only has one woman :cool:
Whoa! Borg had a busy life, for sure...
explains why he retired so early...
Perhaps Federer should never EVER tie the knots with Mirka (officially, anyway) :lol:

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
yeah, roger is smarter than borg, he only has one woman :cool:

Mirka is fat enough to be considered as several :lol:

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:04 AM
:rolls::smoke:Mirka is fat enough to be considered as several :lol:

bokehlicious
06-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Mirka is fat enough to be considered as several :lol:

And people bitch when we dare say something bad about Djoker's family... :rolleyes:

Get a life or show us if your ass is better than Mirka's ;)

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:09 AM
just joking, sorry :hug:And people bitch when we dare say something bad about Djoker's family... :rolleyes:

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 10:09 AM
And people bitch when we dare say something bad about Djoker's family... :rolleyes:

hey... I don't care what people say about djoker's fam...
and sorry if I offended you by calling Mirka fat...
but the truth hurts. She is fat. :wavey:

bokehlicious
06-20-2008, 10:12 AM
hey... I don't care what people say about djoker's fam...
and sorry if I offended you by calling Mirka fat...
but the truth hurts. She is fat. :wavey:

If you're not a model then you're fat... okayyy, I guess you look like Miss Universe :cool: ;)

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:14 AM
i guess Tnn is a man so you are right, Mirka's butt is better coz more round :secret:

bokehlicious
06-20-2008, 10:15 AM
i guess Tnn is a man so you are right, Mirka's butt is better coz more round :secret:

Rafatards are 99% female and 1% gay :shrug: :o :p

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 10:17 AM
If you're not a model then you're fat... okayyy, I guess you look like Miss Universe :cool: ;)

Dude, chill.
I never said that.
Mirka is just fat. Period. End of story.
she doesn't have to be a model or miss universe either...
She's just Federer's girlfriend. And she's Fat. Jesus. ;)

:lol: he's right mimi, dear...
rafa's fans are indeed 99% Female and 1% gay...

tennizen
06-20-2008, 10:20 AM
I think Mirka's not bad looking. She has a cute face. There's too much prejudice against overweight people:)

bokehlicious
06-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Mirka is just fat. Period. End of story.

I thought Mirka was pretty thin by America's standards... :shrug: :angel:

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 10:22 AM
I think Mirka's not bad looking. She has a cute face. There's too much prejudice against overweight people:)

Lord, awake the sleeping giant...
I'm not saying it's bad Hema...
I'm just saying she's Fat; which she is...
but she does it for Fed, so different strokes for different folks ;)

tennizen
06-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Lord, awake the sleeping giant...
I'm not saying it's bad Hema...
I'm just saying she's Fat; which she is...
but she does it for Fed, so different strokes for different folks ;)

:lol: I wasn't pointing at you. I felt I had to include my opinion in this most interesting discussion:lol: Feel free to have whatever opinion:)

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 10:24 AM

:lol: yeah, I don't know what the notion is with that :shrug:
but she's fat to me :p

Gnomey
06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
"Fat Mirka" jokes.
Can't think of a smart attack? Go back to making cheap jokes about Roger's girlfriend. Boring. Tired. Unfunny
...yet I see some are still encouraging it.

Anyway, Borg can say whatever he wants. I'm personally not interested in who his favourites are...he seems so fickle.

Aenea
06-20-2008, 10:33 AM

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn318/tennischeto/6difference.jpg

:D

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 10:35 AM
"Fat Mirka" jokes.
Can't think of a smart attack? Go back to making cheap jokes about Roger's girlfriend. Boring. Tired. Unfunny

Anyway, Borg can say whatever he wants. I'm personally not interested in who his favourites are...he seems so fickle.

First of all...
calling Mirka fat is not a joke by all means.
But sorry. Don't cry. Topic closed. ;)

We will now go back to Borg stating that Federer is the third favorite...
as you are ladies and gentlemen :angel:

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:36 AM
no need to be so damn serious, fat is not that bad right? Come on, I am fat too :rolleyes:
"Fat Mirka" jokes.

Federer=God
06-20-2008, 10:38 AM
What a joke. I can understand, although not agree, with Nadal being second favourite but Djokovic is in no way more likely to take out Wimbledon. Fed and Novak have had the same W/L ratio this year, but this is on grass. Federer hasn't lost for.... 5 years. Djokovic hasn't lost since.... last week.

Borg is open to bashing, especially giving opinions like this.

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 10:40 AM
no need to be so damn serious, fat is not that bad right? Come on, I am fat too :rolleyes:

:lol: mimi, I just love you :hug:

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:42 AM
:hug::smooch: i love you too, you are so funny :lol: mimi, I just love you :hug:

bokehlicious
06-20-2008, 10:43 AM
:hug::smooch: i love you too, you are so funny

Yeah, calling Mirka a fat ass is sooo funny... :yawn: :zzz: :zzz:

Gnomey
06-20-2008, 10:46 AM
As long as tnn's saying it, mimi would find it funny.

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:47 AM
don't be so serious, i will be ok if you call me fat ass too, take it easy :p

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:49 AM
bye for now, sorry if i offended you, actually i have nothing against Mirka, she is ok for me, quite down to earth :D:wavey:

Tnn74
06-20-2008, 10:50 AM
:retard: No need to take shots at mimi...
anyway, it wasn't even supposed to be funny,
it was just facts, but whatever... I already dropped
the subject, quit bitching kids :ras:

Mimi
06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
see you tomorrow :hug::smooch::retard: No need to take shots at mimi...
anyway, it wasn't even supposed to be funny,
it was just facts, but whatever... I already dropped
the subject, quit bitching kids :ras:

Gnomey
06-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Ok fine, enough of that. ;)

Let's everyone go back to taking shots at Borg. We'll probably be hearing a LOT more from him throughout this tournament...*yawn*.

marcRD
06-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Borg is entitled to his opinion about who is the favourite and 2nd favorite in wimbledon, there is no point bashing him for speaking out what he thinks on this matter. On the other hand I am very disappointed on Borgs comments that he thinks it is very possible Federer will quit tennis soon and wont handle the pressure, Borg is not in Federers head and has no right to comment about Federers career decisions or how much he can handle pressure. It is simply none of his business and he should have kept that to himself.

Gnomey
06-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Borg is entitled to his opinion about who is the favourite and 2nd favorite in wimbledon, there is no point bashing him for speaking out what he thinks on this matter. On the other hand I am very disappointed on Borgs comments that he thinks it is very possible Federer will quit tennis soon and wont handle the pressure, Borg is not in Federers head and has no right to comment about Federers career decisions or how much he can handle pressure. It is simply none of his business and he should have kept that to himself.

About Borg's comment about Roger retiring...that says more about himself than anything else.
It shows how easily Borg retracts to the idea of retirement when things get tough.
Federer isn't that weak, thank God. Borg should just speak for himself.

MacTheKnife
06-20-2008, 03:04 PM
About Borg's comment about Roger retiring...that says more about himself than anything else.
It shows how easily Borg retracts to the idea of retirement when things get tough.
Federer isn't that weak, thank God. Borg should just speak for himself.

You are so right my friend. As soon as Jmac started beating him consistently, he through in the towel.. As great a player as I do think Borg was, he obviously was not the ice cold player emotionally that the tennis world thought he was at the time.

andy neyer
04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Borg maybe a tennis genius but he is as good as our MTF's resident predictor when it comes to predictions:lol:

Well, he did get it right picking Rafa as his first favourite.

Rafatards are 99% female and 1% gay :shrug: :o :p

That cracked me up :lol:

andy neyer
04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Careful Rafa fans.. There was a time that people were saying Borg and Vilas would never lose on clay. One thing you learn in this sport is to never say never. It's always easy to think that about your favorite player. I've done it to many times.. But guess what, it will happen, Rafa will not win RG every year. Prepare yourselves, it's not if, it's just when. Will Fed win it, who knows. Pretty obvious this year, even Fed didn't think he could do it. But I promise you, someone will. Four to five seems to be the magic number in this game at winning slams in a row. After that, it's a crap shoot.

Truer words were never spoken.

Matt01
04-20-2010, 10:11 PM
That cracked me up :lol:

P.Antonius at its best :help:

heya
04-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Well, after all these years, it's safe to say "if you're female, you'd become a lesbian, unless you're Mirka".

paseo
04-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Whats a Borg?

:lol:

gusavo
04-21-2010, 05:01 AM
Borg truly understands tennis.

What a true GOAT.

he was at least quite a bit off on djok. I cant remember what the odds were on nadal

Well, he did got it right picking Rafa as his first favourite.

what

Jimnik
04-21-2010, 05:20 AM
Not this year.

But Rafa should become joint favourite after RG, unless he screws up again.

bokehlicious
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Murray is the favourite this year.

LoveFifteen
04-21-2010, 04:20 PM
what

Borg chose Nadal as the favorite to win Wimbledon in 2008, and Nadal did win Wimbledon in 2008. Borg's prediction was spot on about the winner. :shrug:

marcRD
04-21-2010, 04:28 PM
)

This tells alot about Borg, not much about Federer. Absolutely amazing player, I am proud of him as a Swede, but he isnt as strong emotionaly as people seem to think outside Sweden. He is actually the kind of guy who just holds too much in himself and cant take pressure when things go against him.

Pirata.
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Remember when everyone was saying the Australian Open was "wide open" this year and there were like 8 or 9 guys who could possibly win it?

Horatio Caine
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
The usual rubbish predictions from Borg...even worse at this than he is at making business decisions.

I'd pick Federer over Nadal virtually any day of the week on a grass court. Why Djokovic is his #2 I have no idea...sure, he is capable of a good finish on grass, but he has yet to even win a '250' on this surface. I could name at least 6 players that can beat him on grass, in his better form.

The true order should be something like this:

1. Federer
2. Roddick
3. Nadal

Federer at #1 needs no justification. Roddick at #2 is perhaps a little contentious (because of Nadal), but his record on grass speaks for itself. Obviously he starts to push the ball too much then he can get into trouble, but if he remembers how he played in his better years then it will take a huge effort to stop him. I'd place Nadal at #3 for two reasons: (1) he has yet to totally prove himself off the clay since his comeback last summer (even lost to A-Rod in Miami); (2) if he dominates the clay season this year, physically he could more vulnerable on the grass.

These are the stand-out three for me.

gusavo
04-30-2010, 05:17 AM
Borg chose Nadal as the favorite to win Wimbledon in 2008, and Nadal did win Wimbledon in 2008. Borg's prediction was spot on about the winner. :shrug:
I predicted the terrorist attack at 9/11 at the exact time and details. my prediction was spot on.

Remember when everyone was saying the Australian Open was "wide open" this year and there were like 8 or 9 guys who could possibly win it?

yep its laughable allright. there were 128 guys who could win it.

1. Federer
2. Roddick
3. Nadal

not even close to the top is roddick

NADALbULLS
04-30-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't give Djokovic even a remote chance at Wimbledon. It is Nadal, Federer and Roddick. Roddick has a massive chance in fact, if we go be last year's form. But I pick Nadal will win Wimbledon. Federer is the favorite at the US Open.

lazybear
04-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, after all these years, it's safe to say "if you're female, you'd become a lesbian, unless you're Mirka".

Do you ever make sense?

Horatio Caine
05-01-2010, 08:16 AM
not even close to the top is roddick

Please elaborate?