new tech in tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

new tech in tennis

tennis2tennis
06-18-2008, 02:23 PM
if you could apply new technoology or add a new feature to improve the like like the net machine and hawkeye what would it be......

I would have a timer that countsdown the seconds before a player begins to serve if the timer goes off twice in a game a point is automatically taken off...

what would yours be?

Foxy
06-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Automatic and instant hawk-eye computer system. No need for linesmen then.

finishingmove
06-18-2008, 03:32 PM
animated spectators. nobody allowed on court except the players.

line calls regulated by computers

sheeter
06-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Shock collar that zaps players when they start making stupid tactical decisions or go into bashing mode.

MacTheKnife
06-18-2008, 05:10 PM
A mute button that turns off the commentary, but leaves the sounds of the ball and fans..

Or a zipper for Dick Enberg's mouth..

habibko
06-18-2008, 05:48 PM
stamina bars on top of the TV screen that tells is how much each player can still run after every point, also heart rate and blood pressure at stress moments would be cool.

ok seriously, for analysis time in changeover I'd love to see the perfect choice of a shot in a certain point and what the player chose, and how close was it to the standard (something like Snooker).

dijus
06-18-2008, 05:50 PM
I like that timer idea :yeah:

tennis2tennis
06-18-2008, 05:52 PM
A mute button that turns off the commentary, but leaves the sounds of the ball and fans..

Or a zipper for Dick Enberg's mouth..

:worship::worship::worship:

tennis2tennis
06-18-2008, 05:55 PM
stamina bars on top of the TV screen that tells is how much each player can still run after every point, also heart rate and blood pressure at stress moments would be cool.

ok seriously, for analysis time in changeover I'd love to see the perfect choice of a shot in a certain point and what the player chose, and how close was it to the standard (something like Snooker).

they have that in swiss tv!

habibko
06-18-2008, 11:39 PM
they have that in swiss tv!

really? cool I didn't know that, I would love to see it at GSs especially Wimbledon.

fast_clay
06-19-2008, 12:18 AM
i think analysis is generally sh!t whichever channel i've watched... saw some ok stuff on sky pre french tho...

habibko
07-29-2008, 12:51 AM
after watching the Safin-Tursunov horror movie today I think we really need a technology to challenge foot faults, some sort of sensor on the lines or hawk-eye like stuff, it certainly would prevent such outcomes, agree? :)

fast_clay
07-29-2008, 01:03 AM
after watching the Safin-Tursunov horror movie today I think we really need a technology to challenge foot faults, some sort of sensor on the lines or hawk-eye like stuff, it certainly would prevent such outcomes, agree? :)

yeah... it may also serve to lower safins blood pressure and extend his life...

i also feel top 50 players should be able to be fitted with an extra heart that kicks in to play in a 2nd set vs nadal...

for the betterment of the tour...

Jogy
07-29-2008, 01:28 AM
not bad, agree!
Scary thing with footfault is that it only calls the line umpire, and chair umpire has no real control over that. I know not one foot fault that get overruled.
So you can imagine, one asshole line umpire can screw up matches with foot fault like he wants.

Sebby
07-29-2008, 07:25 AM
if you could apply new technoology or add a new feature to improve the like like the net machine and hawkeye what would it be......

I would have a timer that countsdown the seconds before a player begins to serve if the timer goes off twice in a game a point is automatically taken off...

what would yours be?

Genius idea :rocker:

I Would LOVE to see Nadalator aka "The Time Waster" and Djoker aka "Mister 30 Ball Bounce" playing with your timer on court :devil:

SomewhereElse
07-29-2008, 08:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOkFN-nrJA

drf716
07-29-2008, 09:51 AM
i don't like technology so much but

i would love to watch tennis in the same angle the tennis players are seeing the ball.
makes me nervous more.

Damn
07-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Genius idea :rocker:

I Would LOVE to see Nadalator aka "The Time Waster" and Djoker aka "Mister 30 Ball Bounce" playing with your timer on court :devil:

Nadalator would serve quicker, but that won't make Fed play better :cool:

Sebby
07-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Nadalator would serve quicker, but that won't make Fed play better :cool:

It would be nice to see if Nadalator is as good as he is when getting out of his rythm :zzz:

I bet his first serve percentage on break points would radically diminish :eek: