Boodles Challenge: Murray def Tipsarevic 6-3, 5-7, 12-10 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Boodles Challenge: Murray def Tipsarevic 6-3, 5-7, 12-10

Clydey
06-17-2008, 03:51 PM
It's just an exhibition event, but I thought I might as well post results. It's very hard to actually get a hold of results from Boodles right away, so feel free to post them if you come across them before I do. It at least gives an indication of how the participants are playing.

alfonsojose
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Wasn't Murray injured :eek: :o ?

Johnny Groove
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
11-9 against Tipsy :yeah:

Sounds like the score of a top Wimbledon contender :rolleyes:

Clydey
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM

Yeah, Tipsy got a set. Murray sucks. Oh wait, Janko played Djokovic off the court for a set at Queens. That's not to mention that Murray has barely hit a ball in the last week.

Let's put things in perspective anyway. It's an exhibition.

Clydey
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Wasn't Murray injured :eek: :o ?

Just a minor one. Only kept him out for a few days.

Andi-M
06-17-2008, 04:08 PM

Anyone care to remeber who Tipsy took to 10/8 in the 5th at Aussie...and that event mattered.

NinaNina19
06-17-2008, 04:11 PM

Sounds like the score of a top Wimbledon contender :rolleyes:Being taken to 3 sets by Nishikori on grass who has never qualified for a grand slam sounds really contender-like as well :rolleyes:.

Johnny Groove
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Being taken to 3 sets by Nishikori on grass who has never qualified for a grand slam sounds really contender-like as well :rolleyes:.

Winning Queens and playing 2 Wimbledon finals as well :yeah:

Clydey
06-17-2008, 04:18 PM

Irrelevant to your point. You questioned Murray's ability on grass because he only beat Tipsy in a close match. We're simply pointing out the flaw in your logic, given that Nadal was run close by a player who inferior to Tipsarevic.

The top players don't always destroy opponents, particularly guys who can play as well as Tipsarevic can. I'm sure Djokovic and Federer would tell you the same thing.

fast_clay
boobles is a mickey mouse event and wouldn't be out of place in the Non_Tennis section...

Clydey
boobles is a mickey mouse event and would have every right to fit into the Non_Tennis section...

I said as much in the first post. I'm merely posting the results for those who are interested. Does that bother you?

NinaNina19
06-17-2008, 04:20 PM

He wouldn't have gotten there last year if Novak didn't have to play 1 million 5 set matches in a row. If Novak wasn't :retard: , he would've lost the Queen's finals as well. Murray is a better player on grass than Nadal:rolleyes:.

NinaNina19
06-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, I was interested. Thank you.Me too, thanks for the scores.

decrepitude
06-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Well, I was interested. Thank you.

Clydey
06-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Well, I was interested. Thank you.

Most welcome.

fast_clay
06-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I said as much in the first post. I'm merely posting the results for those who are interested. Does that bother you?

yeah i was referring to one of the subsequent posts... soz champ...

Johnny Groove
06-17-2008, 04:25 PM
He wouldn't have gotten there last year if Novak didn't have to play 1 million 5 set matches in a row. If Novak wasn't :retard: , he would've lost the Queen's finals as well. Murray is a better player on grass than Nadal:rolleyes:.

The results say otherwise, love :kiss:

Clydey
06-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Small correction. 6-3, 5-7, 12-10.

Clydey
06-17-2008, 04:29 PM
yeah i was referring to one of the subsequent posts... soz champ...

No worries, bud.

Bernard Black
06-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Pics just in of Murray's celebrations -

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/richard_deitsch/08/31/murray/p1_murray-ap.jpg

http://www.bettingchoice.co.uk/uploadImage/news_N5178690134.jpg

This one must have meant a lot to him.

Clydey
06-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Pics just in of Murray's celebrations -

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/richard_deitsch/08/31/murray/p1_murray-ap.jpg

http://www.bettingchoice.co.uk/uploadImage/news_N5178690134.jpg

This one must have meant a lot to him.

:haha:

pricdews
06-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Can this forum's irrational obsession with Murray be an more obvious than via this thread?

Murray pulled out an extended 3rd set exhibition win over a player who failed to qualify for Nottingham. It's gotta be a sure sign he'll eventually reach a GS quartefinal ...

:nerner:

Clydey
06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Can this forum's irrational obsession with Murray be an more obvious than via this thread?

Murray pulled out an extended 3rd set exhibition win over a player who failed to qualify for Nottingham. It's gotta be a sure sign he'll eventually reach a GS quartefinal ...

:nerner:

Obsession? He's probably one of the forum's most hated players.

The Freak
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM

How pitiful. I like Andy but that is just nonsense. How can you say Murray is better on grass than Nadal, based off what facts? :rolleyes:

How many titles does Andy have on grass? Or Wimbledon finals?

kiwi10is
06-17-2008, 05:03 PM
any scores from the other matches or tomorrows order of play?? Thanks for the first score by the way :-)

Clydey
06-17-2008, 05:05 PM
any scores from the other matches or tomorrows order of play?? Thanks for the first score by the way :-)

Can't find any yet. I can't even see anything on the event's official site. I'll post them as soon as I find them.

Clay Death
06-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Being taken to 3 sets by Nishikori on grass who has never qualified for a grand slam sounds really contender-like as well :rolleyes:.

really. your memory needs serious work. how about getting slapped around by Fish at Indian Wells and then again by Roddick in Miami?

or hiding out in Estoril just to give his confidence a boost? do i need to go on? how about that completely unknown spaniard who gave him the match as a gift in the early rounds at Monte Carlo this year?

Bernard Black
06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
really. your memory needs serious work. how about getting slapped around by Fish at Indian Wells and by Roddick in Miami?

or hiding out in Estoril just to give his confidence a boost? do i need to go on? how about that completely unknown spaniard who gave him the match as a gift in the early rounds at Monte Carlo this year?

You do know Nina wasn't talking about Federer, right?

scarecrows
06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Anyone care to remeber who Tipsy took to 10/8 in the 5th at Aussie...and that event mattered.

some guy with viral disease :p

scarecrows
06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
come on, you cant expect CD to be that smart, can you?

pricdews
06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Obsession? He's probably one of the forum's most hated players.

American English:

obsession:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obsession

"persistent disturbing preoccupation"

British English:
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/obsess?view=uk
obsess:
"fill the mind of (someone) continually and disturbingly"

I was referring to the summation of interest in the player, positive and negative. I don't think the word obsession is restricted to referring to positive interest only.

Andi-M
If exho's meant somthing Sampras would be one of the favorites for Wimbledon.

Clydey
really. your memory needs serious work. how about getting slapped around by Fish at Indian Wells and then again by Roddick in Miami?

Nina was responding to the guy because he questioned Murray's chances at Wimbledon, as it took him 3 sets to beat Tipsarevic. She was just demonstrating how the top players don't always hammer guys they should (not that Murray should hammer Tipsy, who is very good on his day).

pricdews
06-17-2008, 05:11 PM
If exho's meant somthing Sampras would be one of the favorites for Wimbledon.

wouldn't he?

:)

fast_clay
06-17-2008, 05:14 PM

heh heh heh... funny... :D

Clydey
06-17-2008, 05:14 PM
American English:

obsession:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obsession

"persistent disturbing preoccupation"

British English:
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/obsess?view=uk
obsess:
"fill the mind of (someone) continually and disturbingly"

I was referring to the summation of interest in the player, positive and negative. I don't think the word obsession is restricted to referring to positive interest only.

You referred to it in a positive light. I was using the context you provided, sir. Being a writer, I'm fully aware of the word's definition.

If you hadn't highlighted the forum's "obsession" and then used that as a link to us "bigging" up Murray's Wimbledon chances, I wouldn't have said a word.

Clear?

JeffCandoi
06-17-2008, 05:44 PM
interested in the results.. thanks a lot

osalsyst
06-17-2008, 05:48 PM

I think there's a little confusion in this thread. Boodles does a doubles-like champion's tiebreak for a third set so 11-9 or 12-10 isn't really the marathon people seem to think it is. Then again, I might sound a total moron right now if everyone already knew that.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
06-17-2008, 09:04 PM
I think there's a little confusion in this thread. Boodles does a doubles-like champion's tiebreak for a third set so 11-9 or 12-10 isn't really the marathon people seem to think it is. Then again, I might sound a total moron right now if everyone already knew that.

Thanks.I thought they played a long third set. :o
Losing 2 points to Murray is not bad.