Wimbledon [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wimbledon

Lugburz
06-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Alrighty then,Halle was really great ! Wasn't so good gaining some big points,but Tommy's performance was great...As we all could have seen he had great serve,so I think he's shoulder is really good!I mean great! I'm so fuckin' optimistic about this year Wimbledon,I can't wait...
Alright,he won't be seeded,in fact he could get anyone in first round but HEY,he's Tommy right?
I don't fuckin' care if he gets Nadal in first round,because Tommy is better then him on grass !
Expectations about Wimbledon ?
C'mon you Tommy !

Tommy fan
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Holly shitb he is not seeded, I hope for a good draw.. I mean if he gets some unseeded on 1st round and some clay courter second round..

If he plays like in Halle, he can win some matches. C'mnon Tommy!!!

*And welcome Lugburz8 :wavey:

Lugburz
06-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Thank you,,Yeah who doesn't want good draw but...We'll see..
I have good feelings about this year...

el tenista
06-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I think so as well :) if three top 32 players cancel Wimbledon then Tommy will be the one to be seeded on No.32 'cause Wimbledon has this kind of special seeding system...
This is the seeding list of Wimbledon (you just have to delete Monaco because he cancelled it): http://www.tennis-germany.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10&d=1213627031
So you see that Tommy is at No.35 at the moment and needs a bit of luck to be seeded. However, as you said Lugburz, we all know that Tommy is a real good player and can defeat any player in R128...I want to see Roger's, Rafa's or Djoker's face when they recognize that Tommy will be the one they have to defeat in the first round :D. Maybe it won't be bad for him if he gets opponents like Nalbandian who isn't a good grass court player. Even Roddick would be nice although he's a very good grass court player, but in fact he does not like to be Tommy's opponent :D. Only Karlovic would mean a clear defeat...So let's hope the best and we'll see on Friday who Tommy has to face :)

Lugburz
06-17-2008, 03:16 PM
el tenista...I like you man ! That's the spirit ! I can't wait the draw too...
We'll have to be very optimistic about this,cause Tommy will came up from behind and he shall surprise all who doesn't believe in him !
P.S. Good luck against Portugal ! I'm with you my German fella ! (b)

el tenista
06-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Thank you, we'll definitely need it ;)
To be honest, I'm more optimistic that Tommy reaches the SF in Wimbledon than the German football team reaches the SF and wins against Portugal...Well, let's see ;)
Maybe they'll surprise us like Tommy :)

Lugburz
06-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh,don't worry you will past Portugal ! To be honest,I always liked German football and national team,but now,I am becoming a fan because of M.Ballack...I think you know what that means..:):)
OK OK my apologies to this site,because this is tennis forum not football :topic: ! ! :D
But I am glad to hear that someone has faith in Tommy,that he could reach SF this time...
If not,hey! it's not end of the world! But he won't go there without a fight !

el tenista
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh yeah man, Stepanek and Llodra cancelled their tournaments this week...Maybe they'll cancel Wimbledon as well...The seeds come closer to Tommy :)

Lugburz
06-18-2008, 03:03 PM
For sure dude,that's terrific news..Tommy is now 38,so you're probably right,it's gettin' closer...
Let us all hope that he will be that 'lucky' seeded player - 32 ! :)

Jogy
06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
COME ON TOMMY! :yeah:

Play a good Wimbledon and show us your skill!

I hope for good drawing

Tommy fan
06-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Thank you, we'll definitely need it ;)
To be honest, I'm more optimistic that Tommy reaches the SF in Wimbledon than the German football team reaches the SF and wins against Portugal...Well, let's see ;)
Maybe they'll surprise us like Tommy :)

3-2 :hearts: Great match from your team! I enjoyed it a lot!

I hope it makes Tommy's chances bigger ;)
Hoping for a good draw tommorow..:angel:

Lugburz
06-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah folks what did I tell you,Germany will past Portugal... And that's it,I guess tomorrow is big day for all Tommy fans..At 10 AM we'll know everything...So, Good luck Tommy, again!!

Tommy fan
06-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah folks what did I tell you,Germany will past Portugal... And that's it,I guess tomorrow is big day for all Tommy fans..At 10 AM we'll know everything...So, Good luck Tommy, again!!
So I hope you'll get it 2 from 2 ;)
10am in GMT time?
Anyways I won't be here to follow, so I just hope for the best. C'mon Tommy!! :)

Lugburz
06-20-2008, 09:25 AM
...Well...not to bad,as I could hear Tommy gets Guillermo Canas...
We should be happy :yeah:

Tommy fan
06-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Well, Canas is a seed right?

It's not gonna be easy, but still winnable. Good luck Tommy!!

Lugburz
06-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Nope,Canas is not seed,so I guess Tommy should win there,After all Canas is clay player...Just hope so :rolleyes:

el tenista
06-20-2008, 10:00 AM
3-2 :hearts: Great match from your team! I enjoyed it a lot!

Thanks! :) It was a very good match I guess...We celebrated until the early morning :)

So, back to tennis, I guess Tommy will cruise into R64 because Canas is a clay court player (a red dirt player :D as Tommy would say...), so I don't think that our star has to face much problems in the first round. However, I'm waiting for the full draw because I want to know who Tommy has to face in Round 2...

TommyB.
06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Tommy's part of the draw:

Robredo vs Vliegen
Canas vs Haas
Malisse vs Gremelmayr
Santoro vs Murray

Canas can play on grass and Tommy has a bad record against him. But I think he'll win this time. Auf geht's!!

Lugburz
06-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Yes,I saw that too...But I'm waiting the full draw as well...
Canas is good but Tommy is better ! ;)

el tenista
06-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Okay, I think an in-form Tommy will ease into R32 but then he has to face Murray who is maybe one of the players who could reach the Semis in Wimbledon...But Tommy is a very good grass court player as well so he has definitely the chance to reach R16 looking at this draw!

Lugburz
06-20-2008, 10:14 AM
From your mouths to gods ears! That's good explanation and Murray is really great,but Tommy should take that..And this draw I think it's good enough,what could have been...

Lugburz
06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
OK,
..T.Haas path: Canas-Robredo-Murray-Gasquet-Nadal-Roddick-Federer
Sounds like great plan ! :)

Tommy fan
06-20-2008, 02:56 PM
I would be happier if it was Roddick 1st round ;)
But anyways, so he can beat Canas if he's healthy, he's better than him.
Ummmm Robredo... Well, it seems like he got some confidence during the clay court season, but now when I think about it.. He lost easily I think to Stepanek in RG.. Anyways, Tommy can win it too. Murray on the other hand, I really don't know. I hope he has a lot of pressure ;)
C'mon Tommy!!!!!!

Lugburz
06-20-2008, 03:01 PM
It is gonna be very difficult against Murray if he advances to 3rd round...But never mind if loose to Murray,the thing that bother me is that he has to defend 150p with 3times harder draw than the last year...

Tommy fan
06-20-2008, 08:37 PM
It is gonna be very difficult against Murray if he advances to 3rd round...But never mind if loose to Murray,the thing that bother me is that he has to defend 150p with 3times harder draw than the last year...

Yep.

Btw, I like your other faves too :hearts:

Lugburz
06-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Yep.

Btw, I like your other faves too :hearts:

Yeah,I kinda like players with one-handed backhand...And players that usually are not from Spain,Italy,France,but off course there's always an exception..;)

TommyB.
06-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Tommy played two exhibition matches in London. More match time, good to know. :)

He lost to Tomas Berdych 7-5 6-7 2-10 and won against Marat Safin 6-4 6-1.

Lugburz
06-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Tommy played two exhibition matches in London. More match time, good to know. :)

He lost to Tomas Berdych 7-5 6-7 2-10 and won against Marat Safin 6-4 6-1.

Good news though..:) But where did you get that news ? I'm always checking at the sites,but I wouldn't find anything...
Well,both players are good on grass,I'm glad that Tommy played great match with last year champion in Halle,
and very easily won against Marat...Terrific ! :worship:

TommyB.
06-21-2008, 02:20 PM
http://www.fortistennisclassic.com/ (the tournament website, but without any scores :o)

The results were posted in a german forum. But you can also find them at tomas-berdych.com and maratsafin.com. ;)

Lugburz
06-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah thanks...But I'm also wondering is there any address that has Tommy's latest news or upcoming tours,or anything like that..That is fresh,you know...

TommyB.
06-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Tommy has his own website. But you can't find any news, there are no updates or facts about upcoming tournaments...just pathetic. :o

Lugburz
06-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah..I knew that,really horrible, but thanks a lot anyway :yeah:

Tommy fan
06-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Tommy has a site, but it's being updated something like... One in a year :lol:
So I found out the news about him mostly from the german posters here (Thank you! :hatoff:)

Good to know he had more match time.. Now kick some asses in Wimbldon Tommy :D

Lugburz
06-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Tommy has a site, but it's being updated something like... One in a year :lol:
So I found out the news about him mostly from the german posters here (Thank you! :hatoff:)

Good to know he had more match time.. Now kick some asses in Wimbldon Tommy :D

Yeah they can be so helpful :worship:
Surely he will! ;)

Wyna
06-23-2008, 06:51 PM
OK,
..T.Haas path: Canas-Robredo-Murray-Gasquet-Nadal-Roddick-Federer
Sounds like great plan ! :)

Sounds like a plan ;)

el tenista
06-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeeeah, Tommy won his 1st Round match today against Canas 36 64 64 64 :) Now he has to play against Tommy Robredo who won in 4 sets against Vliegen...I think he can solve this problem :)

TommyB.
06-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Well done. :) I watched the last two sets...a lot of up und downs. Canas looked a bit tired or injured.

Tommy must raise his level, especially on serve, then he has a decent chance to reach the 3rd round.

Lugburz
06-24-2008, 06:03 PM
C'mon! Tommy did really well...OK,Canas is out,next stop:Tommy Robredo...We are all with you Tommy!
BTW He won't play tomorrow,so his match should be on 26june...

Tommy fan
06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Yesssssss!!!!!! WD Tommy!!
I left home when he was trailing 3:4* and I really hoped he could win it, and he did :woohoo:
So the other Tommy is next... Time to show who is the #1 Tommy.. And it's not the spaniard.. C'mon Tommy!!

And one thing.. If anyone has it and willing to upload, it'll be great.. Thanks in advance!

Tommy fan
06-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Tommy plays tommorow 2nd match on court 11 (After a women's match)
C'mon Tommy!!!!

Lugburz
06-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Yesssssss!!!!!! WD Tommy!!
I left home when he was trailing 3:4* and I really hoped he could win it, and he did :woohoo:
So the other Tommy is next... Time to show who is the #1 Tommy.. And it's not the spaniard.. C'mon Tommy!!

And one thing.. If anyone has it and willing to upload, it'll be great.. Thanks in advance!

There's only one Tommy,that's Tommy Haas!! :worship:
Yap today--court11--2nd match,after Mirza-Sanchez match...
P.S.To upload what Tommy_fan ?

el tenista
06-26-2008, 03:47 PM
To upload Tommy's match I guess ;)

Yeeeaahh baby, Haas cruises into R32 with an unbreakable performance :) 64 64 63 over No.23 seed Tommy Robredo. He really dominated his opponent because he won only 4 out of 21 break point conversions :eek: and Robredo only gained 18 points on Haas' serve :cool:
Now against Murray on Saturday probably on Centre Court :)

Lugburz
06-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Absolutely brilliant!! Tommy's play was just amazing!!
Everything is going on just as I planed!! Next..definitely Murray...
Loooooking forward to it !

NeverMind the Bullocks...Here comes the TOMMY HAAS!! :worship:

Lugburz
06-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah,I mean that match should be on center court!!

TommyB.
06-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Tommy must raise his level, especially on serve, then he has a decent chance to reach the 3rd round.

And he did it. ;)

Should be a good match against Murray...5 sets maybe. GL Tommy!

Tommy fan
06-26-2008, 07:51 PM
There's only one Tommy,that's Tommy Haas!! :worship:Yap today--court11--2nd match,after Mirza-Sanchez match...
P.S.To upload what Tommy_fan ?
Yes :worship:
He showed him who's the true #1 Tommy!!! :hearts:
Oh and to upload Tommy's match against Canas, and if anyone can so today's match would be awsome too :lol:
To upload Tommy's match I guess ;)

Yeeeaahh baby, Haas cruises into R32 with an unbreakable performance :) 64 64 63 over No.23 seed Tommy Robredo. He really dominated his opponent because he won only 4 out of 21 break point conversions :eek: and Robredo only gained 18 points on Haas' serve :cool:
Now against Murray on Saturday probably on Centre Court :)

Great to hear he was dominant! :D Good stats uder serve Tommy H!
Wow against Murray now.... Hummm.. Well it will be on CC, so hopefully one of the TV stations here that shows Wimbly will show it, but damn it won't be easy..
C'mon Tommy!! You can do it.. When you're in good shape Murray can't do nothing!!! (right? :unsrue:)

Lugburz
06-26-2008, 08:09 PM
That is exactly what I thought...When he is in good shape,he could cause some big troubles even better player than Murray...It is too early to say this but:If Tommy advances to 4th round,he probably will get Gasquet,so I think he really can beat him then,because Murray is on-fire right now,and it will be really important win for Tommy...He won the 4th round match at Pacific Life Open..so...He can do it again!!
C'moN!

el tenista
06-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Tommy will play the 2nd match on Centre Court against Murray tomorrow :) :)
Does anyone of you know another stream except http://de.justin.tv.slazenger ?

Lugburz
06-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Well some of the people from tennis4you forum said that maybe the duch wimbledon site has great feeds,with english commentators.But I think it is only for Duch people...I don't know,I haven't try it...

NeverMind the Bullocks...Here comes the TOMMY HAAS !

Tommy fan
06-28-2008, 07:15 AM
C'mon Tommy today!!!! You can do it!!!

Eltenisita, if you have Sopcast you'll be able to watch it. Try the site www.myp2p.eu there are many streams for Wimbledon there.

C'mon Tommy!!

Tommy fan
06-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Lugburz8, thanks for posting that interview! I have no time now, but I'll read it later :D thanks!

el tenista
06-28-2008, 08:31 AM

Eltenisita, if you have Sopcast you'll be able to watch it. Try the site www.myp2p.eu there are many streams for Wimbledon there.

C'mon Tommy!!

Thank you very much :) Then I'll download Sopcast to watch Tommy today :)
@Lugburz8: Thanks too for posting the interview, it was very interesting to read it ;)

Lugburz
06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Don't mention it,You're ALL welcome any day!
C'mon Tommy !

Lugburz
06-28-2008, 12:13 PM

C'mon Tommy!!

Hm.I tried all of that using Sopcast and Vlc in it..but something said that th chanell is off,or can not retrieve dat...Any suggestion what I should do?

el tenista
06-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Hm.I tried all of that using Sopcast and Vlc in it..but something said that th chanell is off,or can not retrieve dat...Any suggestion what I should do?

If you have Sopcast on your PC try to watch live here:

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/6029 (copy into your browser and press enter)

now you should be able to watch jankovic's match live...and after that tommy

Björki
06-28-2008, 02:49 PM
http://de.justin.tv/slazenger

:wavey:

el tenista
06-28-2008, 03:25 PM
This one here is excellent:

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/48608

Eden
06-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Unfortunately Tommy lost in 4 sets to Murray. Too bad he couldn't use his chances early in the 3rd set, but overall Andy was the better player.
Good tournament for Tommy nevertheless and - what's the most important thing - he didn't seemed to have any problems with his shoulder :yeah:

Here is what he had to say after the match:

T. Haas Interview

Saturday, 28 June 2008

Andy Murray def. Tommy Haas 6-4, 6-7 (4-7), 6-3, 6-2

Q. Did you feel after the second set maybe Andy was struggling? His serve seemed to go.

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, I mean, it was very important for me to win the second set obviously. Didn't feel like I started off great myself. Took me a while to kind of get used to, yeah, Centre Court, the conditions a little bit.

I was down a set and a break. Fought back. Started to play a much better tennis, more aggressive.

You know, in the third set, I think at 1 All, I don't know if I had one or two break chances. He came up with the goods to hold serve there, and then I got a bad break. You know, he started serving really well again to hold in the third.

I think at 2 All in the fourth he really just played some unbelievable shots and deserved to win.

Q. How do you rate his chances in the rest of the competition?

TOMMY HAAS: I don't know. I mean, you know, in tennis it's tough to say. It's like everybody has a different game, different type of style. Depending on the situation, on the conditions and stuff, so it's tough.

Obviously, he's going to be tough to beat if he's playing the way he is, but he's still got a long way to go.

Q. What was it like playing out there?

TOMMY HAAS: I mean, it's great. You know, it's obviously one of the nicest center courts for us in the game with so much history. So, you know, you play that through your mind.

Obviously it's an honor to be on that court competing, trying to win. Crowd's great, so it was fun.

Q. Do you feel his game has developed, is still developing?

TOMMY HAAS: No, not really. I mean, you know, I think he plays a type of game that is quite unpredictable at times. He does have a very good first serve, which I think some people underrate. It's very fast. If he places it well it's very tough to get to.

I think he needs to work on the second serve, to be honest. I mean, I don't know I he used it enough. With a little bit of the windy conditions and the grass, it kind of makes it a little bit tougher to attack that I think here.

But overall he moves well and is a good counter puncher. If he's going to make shots like he did at the end of the fourth set he's going to be a contender, but it's very tough to ask for to do that day in and day out.

You know, overall I think he plays a game that's tough to beat, but I don't think it's changed much.

Q. Were you surprised or impressed by his temperament? He kept calm when it got tough.

TOMMY HAAS: I wasn't paying too much attention about him really. I'm out there trying to win, trying to find my game. A few points here and there didn't go my way, and that's why I lost today. That's unfortunate, but that's the way tennis goes. You just have to accept it.

Source: http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2008-06-28/200806281214679970535.html

Tommy fan
06-29-2008, 07:13 AM
:sad:
Well, what can I say? Diisapointing end, Tommy wasn't at his best today.
However, it was nice watching him again after a while, still looks classy out there.
Does anyone knows what's his plan for the hard courts season?

And last thing :Murray :o :o Acts like a 10 y.o on court :mad:

TommyB.
06-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Murray played better and Tommy was too inconstant yesterday. But he wasted a good chance to break in the 3rd set.:sad:

No idea about his plans. I thought Indianapolis but he's not on the entry list.

Lugburz
06-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I was so depressed that I couldn't come to the forum...That was brilliant tennis and Tommy's play was amazing except his first serve..That was horrible..
But it really isn't that matter,because he will continue to play,and with his Wimbledon performance I really think that he can get to the top 15,maybe even better!
Congrats to ANdy he did very well after all!
Tommy see you soon,and trust me that will be very soon,just remember that interview that I posted!

el tenista
06-30-2008, 01:34 PM
:sad:
Well, what can I say? Diisapointing end, Tommy wasn't at his best today.
However, it was nice watching him again after a while, still looks classy out there.
Does anyone knows what's his plan for the hard courts season?

And last thing :Murray :o :o Acts like a 10 y.o on court :mad:

In a German newspaper today I read that his next torunament will be Toronto which is the 1st Masters Series of the American HC season...It starts on July 21st.

Jogy
06-30-2008, 04:18 PM
The loss have not looked so bad

I hope he can play without shoulder problems his next tournament and even get better! :yeah:

:yippee:

Tommy fan
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
In a German newspaper today I read that his next torunament will be Toronto which is the 1st Masters Series of the American HC season...It starts on July 21st.

Thanks! :)