Halle Final WWW: Roger Federer vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Halle Final WWW: Roger Federer vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber

habibko
06-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Roger hasn't been broken for once (images of Roddick in Dubai comes to mind..)

Fed in two :worship:

groundstroke
06-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Federer..

Yves.
06-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Fed with 2, 3 breaks of serve I think.

Yves.
06-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Yes, to worship Federer'd greatness.

shotgun
06-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Was there any need for this thread? :rolleyes:

federernadalfan
06-14-2008, 04:38 PM

:)

Manon
06-14-2008, 04:38 PM

No:)

habibko
06-14-2008, 04:39 PM

I didn't start a Federer vs. Kiefer for this reason, but come on it's a final after all :rolleyes:

Yves.
06-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by shotgun
Was there any need for this thread?

Yes, to worship Federer's greatness.

TMJordan
06-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Roger hasn't been broken for once (images of Roddick in Dubai comes to mind..)

Fed in two :worship:

Are you seriously comparing who Federer has beaten in Halle with who Roddick beat in Dubai?

Tom Paulman
06-14-2008, 05:15 PM
The only way Kohlschreiber can win is by w/o

habibko
06-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Are you seriously comparing who Federer has beaten in Halle with who Roddick beat in Dubai?

I didn't mean to compare I just remembered that while typing :o

garad
06-14-2008, 07:30 PM

Why not? All of them can run well around a tennis court and hit a smallish yellow ball pretty hard with a tennis raquet.

Goget
06-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Roger will win this cHallenger

Björki
06-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Kohle :lol: not really.

Black Adam
06-14-2008, 08:31 PM
That's funny :haha: :lol: :rolls:

I say Jesus Fed will cruise to his second Mickey Mouse Tournament of the Year. It will give Fedtards a glimpse of hope, that Fedy is getting his act all together. Fortunately it will invovle a dry patch until the 3rd and final title of the year for Fedy with the Basel Mickey Mouse.

3 MM victories.........that's more than what the other experts (Clay Death, R=FK, Aloimeh) are predicting for him. Allez!!!! Fedy!

dkw
06-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Who cares about this Mikey Mouse event - the rest of the field is in Queens.

Eden
06-14-2008, 11:07 PM

Apparently enough of people care for the tournament judging from the amount of posts we got to read about how useless the tournament is. I mean it doesn't matter that for example a player like Söderling was there who nearly beat Rafa last year in Wimbledon. Or Baghdatis who pushed Djokovic to 5 sets there as well. How about the fact that Kiefer often gave Roger trouble in their matches?

Seriously, you really wonder if people on GM are interested in tennis at all or if the main thing is to bash players.

Corey Feldman
06-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Win that 2nd MM title of the year Rogi

take the full 225 points

keep those Rafa-ovic fans impatient little arses waiting for that No.1 spot a while longer :D

Rogieva
06-14-2008, 11:22 PM
2 Sets.

75 62

Tnn74
06-14-2008, 11:58 PM

:lol: :yeah:
but seriously, why is there even a poll on this...?
This was like back when he played Estoril...
the guy pretty much has the title before hitting
the first ball :rolleyes: can't blame him though...
it's pretty much the only type of tournaments he wins now-a-days :lol:

liadela
06-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Obviously, I'm going with Federer in 2.

luie
06-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Win that 2nd MM title of the year Rogi

take the full 225 points

keep those Rafa-ovic fans impatient little arses waiting for that No.1 spot a while longer :D
He! He! RAFA -OVIC fans...These players have record # of points And no where near the #1 slot.
FEDERER pyscological boost,much need practice to play himself into form unlike last year & the 225 points a BONUS...

guga2120
06-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Roger will win this cHallenger Pretty much.

Roger very easily in 2. What a tough week it has been for Roger over in Germany.;)

DUN I LOVE
06-15-2008, 01:29 AM
I hope RF will claim his 55th career single title.

Good Luck Roger ! ;)

rosamunda
06-15-2008, 07:29 AM

All this Halle is crap and Queens is the real deal stuff is getting a little tedious. In all seriousness, what real opposition have Nadal and Djokovic faced this week? Karlovic and Hewitt - fair enough but, if those two had played Halle instead, Federer - if you go along with recent history - would have beaten those two handily as usual. Roddick and Nalbandian - Roddick has a shoulder injury and hardly got any match practice in with the Fish retirement and the Murray walkover; Nalbandian - well, he just didn't come out to play - it was the worst I've ever seen him play, and it had nothing to do with Novak's superior skills. The two of them never had to face the "rest of the field". The only real competition they have is against each other.

As for Halle, Baghdatis, Stepanek, Berdych, Haas, Soderling, Keifer, Blake. Not great, but not too shabby either. I accept that Fed's only had to face Baggy and Keifer out of that lot, but not his fault; the rest just didn't cut the mustard, as the rest at Queens didn't cut it either.

zeleni
06-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Federer, but it won't be easy one.
Roger is slowly declining and Kohlschreiber is very good player and he will have audience support.

Monteque
06-15-2008, 08:11 AM
German always gives Fed nice spectators and it's like his second hometown.

Although he'll battle the countryman, no hope for Kohlscreiber

helgagonzalez
06-15-2008, 08:44 AM
definitely federer.

morningglory
06-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Roger could be down 0-6 0-5 0-40 and I would still pick him to win over this Kohl guy

sphiie
06-15-2008, 09:11 AM
No surprise, Fed the king :)

Chip_Charge
06-15-2008, 09:57 AM
If Kohlschreiber can manage to win at least four games in a set he should consider the match a good performance.
I didn't expect him in the final at all.
A Victory would give Federer his tenth Grass Title. Sampras has ten, too, I think.

Bilbo
06-15-2008, 10:13 AM
I didn't expect him in the final at all.

maybe you should learn more about tennis then :shrug:

HarryMan
06-15-2008, 11:03 AM
The poll should've been regarding how many games will Kohlschreiber win today. ;)

MacTheKnife
06-15-2008, 12:23 PM

Quite honestly I'm starting to believe it doesn't matter. The way tennis is shaping up right now we have Fed, Nadal, and Djokovic, and everyone else is pretty much a joke.
Or at least so far below these three that they can make no impact on them. So, my point is if one of these three doesn't play either of the other two, what difference does it make who they played..

Coolschreiber
06-15-2008, 12:25 PM
I hope Kohli can do it but i doubt it:scared:

Sunset of Age
06-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I like your username! Cool... :D

~Jin~
06-15-2008, 12:37 PM
federer

MaryX
06-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Federer will win, but congrats Philipp for making into final.

BlueSwan
06-15-2008, 12:45 PM
This overwhelming MTF vote for an easy Federer win could be a bad omen for Roger.

Chip_Charge
06-15-2008, 03:04 PM
maybe you should learn more about tennis then :shrug:

Be sure, my knowledge of the sport is not that bad.
But after his straight set-loss to Wawrinka at the French combined with his overall results during the last weeks it wasn't that predictable.

dkw
06-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Apparently enough of people care for the tournament judging from the amount of posts we got to read about how useless the tournament is. I mean it doesn't matter that for example a player like Söderling was there who nearly beat Rafa last year in Wimbledon. Or Baghdatis who pushed Djokovic to 5 sets there as well. How about the fact that Kiefer often gave Roger trouble in their matches?

Seriously, you really wonder if people on GM are interested in tennis at all or if the main thing is to bash players.

All this Halle is crap and Queens is the real deal stuff is getting a little tedious. In all seriousness, what real opposition have Nadal and Djokovic faced this week? Karlovic and Hewitt - fair enough but, if those two had played Halle instead, Federer - if you go along with recent history - would have beaten those two handily as usual. Roddick and Nalbandian - Roddick has a shoulder injury and hardly got any match practice in with the Fish retirement and the Murray walkover; Nalbandian - well, he just didn't come out to play - it was the worst I've ever seen him play, and it had nothing to do with Novak's superior skills. The two of them never had to face the "rest of the field". The only real competition they have is against each other.

As for Halle, Baghdatis, Stepanek, Berdych, Haas, Soderling, Keifer, Blake. Not great, but not too shabby either. I accept that Fed's only had to face Baggy and Keifer out of that lot, but not his fault; the rest just didn't cut the mustard, as the rest at Queens didn't cut it either.
LOL!!!! I was obviously Fedtard baiting and you guys obliged - Thanks :)
All hail JesusFed the king of the MM :angel:

rosamunda
06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
LOL!!!! I was obviously Fedtard baiting and you guys obliged - Thanks :)
All hail JesusFed the king of the MM :angel:

The pleasure's all mine - I like rising to the bait occasionally.:cool: But it wasn't just you - the world and his mother have been harping on about it. It's a contextual thing - the situation this year has produced the comments whereas, before, there was none.

Anyway, he won without having lost a serve, a set, no tiebreaks, so I'm happy.:p

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-16-2008, 12:51 AM
That's funny :haha: :lol: :rolls:

I say Jesus Fed will cruise to his second Mickey Mouse Tournament of the Year. It will give Fedtards a glimpse of hope, that Fedy is getting his act all together. Fortunately it will invovle a dry patch until the 3rd and final title of the year for Fedy with the Basel Mickey Mouse.

3 MM victories.........that's more than what the other experts (Clay Death, R=FK, Aloimeh) are predicting for him. Allez!!!! Fedy!

Ballet tennis showing its full potential.

2 MM tournys. The fedtards must be dancing on the streets.

Clydey
06-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Ballet tennis showing its full potential.

2 MM tournys. The fedtards must be dancing on the streets.

For your amusement, good sir.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144578&d=1212959773