Queens Final: Nadal vs. Djokovic - WWW? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Queens Final: Nadal vs. Djokovic - WWW?

LinkMage
06-14-2008, 03:03 PM
2nd match between these two on grass after last year's Wimbledon SF in which Djokovic retired.

Johnny Groove
06-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Nadal will prove why Djokovic should not be the Wimbledon fave

Mansave_75
06-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Nadal, in two or three sets. Pray for death Novak. :)

rafa_maniac
06-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Rafa is just refusing to lose at the moment. It'll take 3 sets though.

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:09 PM
2 real men playing real tennis.

May the best man win.

Both of them would have kicked Feds ass here thats why the pansy king is hiding.

sphiie
06-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Novak impressed me! but I think that it would be a tough match. maybe Novak in 2-3. but I really want Rafael to win because he deserves it.

Eden
06-14-2008, 03:13 PM

May the best man win.

Both of them would have kicked Feds ass here thats why the pansy king is hiding.

I know it's a waste of time, but:

Do you never get bored of always repeating the same BS you spread? Why do you bash Roger for not showing up in Queens and not your beloved spartan heroes not for playing in Halle? Did the possibility that they don't want to play in the same grass tournament before Wimbledon with Federer ever found a way into your brain cells?

stebs
06-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I think I edge toward Djokovic anywhere but clay despite Nadal's superior record on the grass in previous years. I think Nadal will have his chances but Djoko's serve should see him frustrate Nadal and he will be able to create oppurtunities in many service games.

morningglory
06-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Djoko. This is grass.

HarryMan
06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Nadal's moonballs wont cut it against the Djoker.

Straight set win for Djokovic.

freeandlonely
06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Go Djokovic.

Outfielder
06-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Djokovic in 2.

6-4, 6-3

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:20 PM

Do you never get bored of always repeating the same BS you spread? Why do you bash Roger for not showing up in Queens and not your beloved spartan heroes not for playing in Halle? Did the possibility that they don't want to play in the same grass tournament before Wimbledon with Federer ever found a way into your brain cells?

Is any good player playing in Halle.

The real men and real players are playing in Queens.

Take off your rose colored glasses.

Herdwick
06-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Let's say Nole in 3 - he's looking dangerous and will be thirsting to get a win over Rafa. Trouble is, he's hardly battle-hardened this week - biggest test has been Janko. So Rafa's momentum may still prove unstoppable. Should be a terrific match though. Quality field here - beats Halle hands down.

The Freak
06-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Nadal 6-4, 7-6

Eden
06-14-2008, 03:23 PM

I don't have the intention to really talk with you about tennis as you don't seem to follow the game at all :wavey:

dam0dred

Your mistake here was assuming that he has brain cells. All evidence points to the contrary.

Nadal in three! :worship:

Rafa = Fed Killa
I don't have the intention to really talk with you about tennis as you don't seem to follow the game at all :wavey:

I actually play the game unlike you.

Now go watch highlights of Feds flashy shots. Substance beats flash. Nole beats Fed.

~Maya~
06-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Djokovic in 2. I think this is his moment

Clara Bow
06-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I think Nole in three but I would love to be wrong. If Nole wins the same tired mantra of "Rafa never wins any matches except on clay" will start up. Regardless of the quality of his opponent in the loss.

Clay Death
Nadal, in two or three sets. Pray for death Novak. :)

Djokovic is a worthy opponent in a best of 3 sets match on fast courts. i hope the Clay Monster-- the high priest of death-- can conduct another death ceremony tomorrow.

Clay Monster needs a good start and take the first set. his chances of winning the match improve dramatically then.

lets go with the Clay Monster in 3 sets. i say his will proves to be the deciding factor tomorrow.

memo to Djokovic: Pray for death. Clay Monster cometh.

Albop

And?

You don't know a shit.

Petrovic
I have to say first this is the final of class and let the better player wins !

I think that Joker will win tomorrow !
Super first serve, superb second serve, excellent baseline-ground strokes, unbeliveable two handed backhand, very good forhand ...somebody please stop me :)

Nadalovic is so strong and have many weapons but Joker have more and his game is suited for greass more than Rafitto's !

Can't wait !

Mansave_75
Nadal is still in his "momentum" so Nadal is the top seed also, and my personal favourite.

scoobs
Nadal in 3 - I hope.

Vamos Rafa!!!

10nisfan
06-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I dunno about this one...:scared:

I'm NOT sure if the Piggy can also Eat the Djoker tomorrow... he must be still full from Eating The GOAT and The Duck... :haha:

Good Luck To RAFA!... That's probably why he's motivated not to lose in this Tournament because he knows he'll get a chance to feast on the Djoker... :shrug:

ASP0315
06-14-2008, 03:28 PM
nadal 6-1 3-0 Djoker retired

Albop
06-14-2008, 03:29 PM
I have to say first this is the final of class and let the better player wins !

I think that Joker will win tomorrow !
Super first serve, superb second serve, excellent baseline-ground strokes, unbeliveable two handed backhand, very good forhand ...somebody please stop me :)

Nadalovic is so strong and have many weapons but Joker have more and his game is suited for greass more than Rafitto's !

Can't wait !

:worship:

T2KN
06-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Ha! LOL. I love how you keep calling him 'Clay Monster'.

Anyways, I don't know what to think of this match. Both are on a roll... and Rafa's weakest point imo on grass was his serve, but that has improved immensily lately. He's playing great. Perhaps it will come down to state of mind?

cool bird1
06-14-2008, 03:30 PM

May the best man win.

I mean you could be proved right about Federer he may lose Wimbledon this year. But do you know what Federer has won 12 slams by the age of 26 dont you think that shows that he is not a coward.
You may dislike him but he is still the greatest player of this tennis era.

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:30 PM
And?

You don't know a shit.

Coming from the clown who thinks Nole is a bad player.

Wow you sure understand tennis :rolleyes:

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:31 PM
I mean you could be proved right about Federer he may lose Wimbledon this year. But do you know what Federer has won 12 slams by the age of 26 dont you think that shows that he is not a coward.

For now he is the greatest.

But you have to keep in mind who did he beat to win those GS.

Did he beat any legends like Sampras, Borg beat other great players.

Manon
06-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I know it's a waste of time...

It's not.

Aside bashers and hide/seek silly talks - correct me if I'm wrong - Roger has some kind of obligation or contract to play in Halle?

And retorical - do they really think he is affraid?

dam0dred
06-14-2008, 03:32 PM

Don't feed the trolls. There is no point in trying to reason with them like you would a normal human.

Byrd
06-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Djokovic easy, the only surface where Nadal is favourite to win from now on against Nole is Clay.

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Don't feed the trolls. There is no point in trying to reason with them like you would a normal human.

If I became a troll, it was because of the Fedtards.
I had to become a monster to defeat a monster.

And I am happy to say Fedtardism is slowly buy surely dying.

Beforehand
06-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I would go with Djokovic - I think even last year, Novak was better prepared to play on grass than Rafa. He managed to bully Rafa in the Wimbledon semifinal for a little while after his "9.5 hours in two days" matches. I like him to get it done here.

Albop
06-14-2008, 03:36 PM

Did nadal or djokovic beat any legend ?

DhammaTiger
06-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Rafa in 3 sets. Tough match but Rafa will find a way to win. Vamos Rafa!!!

RogiRafaFan86
06-14-2008, 03:37 PM
I predicted Rafa would lose in the Quarters, and then the Semis. So...what the hell? I predict he'll lose in the Final. Won't give him an extra day at home at this point, but I can't see him killing himself to win this. It's not like Hamburg and RG, where his #2 ranking was totally on the line.

Eden
06-14-2008, 03:41 PM
It's not.

Aside bashers and hide/seek silly talks - correct me if I'm wrong - Roger has some kind of obligation or contract to play in Halle?

Roger has apparently recently signed a new 3 years contract for Halle. It's a tournament where he really feels well, not just as getting the right preparation for Wimbledon, but also because of the atmosphere and whole situation of the tournament.

The tournament director said last year he would really work hard to get Nadal in playing in Halle and I think it would be great if it would happen one day, because Nadal is a very popular here in Germany and the audience would surely like to see him.

dam0dred
06-14-2008, 03:41 PM
If I became a troll, it was because of the Fedtards.
I had to become a monster to defeat a monster.

And I am happy to say Fedtardism is slowly buy surely dying.

What you call Fedtardism the rest of the world calls reality. The fact is, Federer has dominated the sport like no one else in history the last few years. Acknowledging that does not make you a Fedtard.

Federer is quite clearly coming to the end of his reign at the top, and so naturally there is less admiration of him and his achievements. But if it makes you feel better to believe that you are responsible for any change in the mentality of the users of this forum, you go ahead and think that.

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Did nadal or djokovic beat any legend ?

Prime Federer who has 12 GS (even though many were a joke)

They will beat each other when they both hit their primes. Both in the future will be legends of the game (Rafa is already the 2nd best clay player ever)

hiperborejac
06-14-2008, 03:43 PM
If Novak come up aggressive with some nice volleys then Nole in 2. Otherwise Rafa in 3.

Manon
06-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Roger has apparently recently signed a new 3 years contract for Halle. It's a tournament where he really feels well, not just as getting the right preparation for Wimbledon, but also because of the atmosphere and whole situation of the tournament.

The tournament director said last year he would really work hard to get Nadal in playing in Halle and I think it would be great if it would happen one day, because Nadal is a very popular here in Germany and the audience would surely like to see him.

Thank you. 'Theme' closed.

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:45 PM
What you call Fedtardism the rest of the world calls reality. The fact is, Federer has dominated the sport like no one else in history the last few years. Acknowledging that does not make you a Fedtard.

Federer is quite clearly coming to the end of his reign at the top, and so naturally there is less admiration of him and his achievements. But if it makes you feel better to believe that you are responsible for any change in the mentality of the users of this forum, you go ahead and think that.

Federer fans: Cheer for Federer because of his game, respect other players.

Fedtards: Cheer for Federer because he wins, hate other players (like Rafa and Nole) who stand up to and beat him.

I dislike Fedtards not Federer fans.

Clay Death
06-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Ha! LOL. I love how you keep calling him 'Clay Monster'.

Anyways, I don't know what to think of this match. Both are on a roll... and Rafa's weakest point imo on grass was his serve, but that has improved immensily lately. He's playing great. Perhaps it will come down to state of mind?

Clay Monster`s "will" could be the deciding factor tomorrow. he does need to take the first set to maintain the pressure on Djokovic. Djokovic could cave in to Clay Monster`s will in the deciding set.

stakes are higher than you think. Clay Monster sends exactly the right message to Djokovic and Fed by winning tomorrow.

dylan24
06-14-2008, 03:47 PM
nadal in 3
he owns this punk on grass and clay

Johnny Groove
06-14-2008, 03:48 PM
It's not.

And why do you think he signed that contract?

To avoid the real men in Queens

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:49 PM
And why do you think he signed that contract?

To avoid the real men in Queens

Now you get it ;)

dam0dred
06-14-2008, 03:50 PM

Fedtards: Cheer for Federer because he wins, hate other players (like Rafa and Nole) who stand up to and beat him.

Um, every other post you make is calling Federer a pansy or a transitional champ or some other ridiculous insult. Not only are you a troll, you're a hypocrite.

sawan66278
06-14-2008, 03:51 PM
If Rafa plays as he did today, he should defeat Djokovic in straight sets. Not that impressed with Djokovic...Rafa took out the top two servers in the men's game...Novak? A washed up Hewitt and someone ranked #300 in the world.

But, who really cares? The tourney is basically an exhibition disguised as an ATP tourney. Besides, who was the last man to win the title and win Wimbledon?

MaryX
06-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Clay Monster sends exactly the right message to Djokovic and Fed by winning tomorrow

Or Novak sends that exact message to Fed and Nadal?We'll find out very soon.I am sure it will be fantastic final...

Vida
06-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Sight edge to Djokovic. However, Nadal will not go down easy -

Nole in tough 3.

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Um, every other post you make is calling Federer a pansy or a transitional champ or some other ridiculous insult. Not only are you a troll, you're a hypocrite.

Your Fedtards started the war and I decided to stand up to them for the good of MTF.

Horatio Caine
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Pity I won't be able to see this...looks like it is going to be an excellent final, and I honestly wouldn't like to call it. Petch is right...tennis will be the winner.

leng jai
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Your Fedtards started the war and I decided to stand up to them for the good of MTF.

MTF nearly collapsed while you were away hiding from Federer's dominance.

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:58 PM
MTF nearly collapsed while you were away hiding from Federer's dominance.

I was banned for standing up to a few Fedtards.
And saying some political statements which I have apologised for.

I dont hide. I am not some lowly Fedtard.

Clay Death
06-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Or Novak sends that exact message to Fes and Nadal?We'll find out very soon.I am sure it will be fantastic final...

not really. the reverse is not true. Clay Monster will be far tougher to beat in a best of 5 sets match. he has already exceeded his expectations here. tomorrow is just a bonus that kills a few birds as well. a win by the Clay Monster will dampen Fed`s and Djokovic`s confidence.

Fed is already running scared as it is. in any case, i think Nadal will take the title in 3 sets.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 04:01 PM
But, who really cares? The tourney is basically an exhibition disguised as an ATP tourney. Besides, who was the last man to win the title and win Wimbledon?

Hewitt?

Rafa = Fed Killa
not really. the reverse is not true. Clay Monster will be far tougher to beat in a best of 5 sets match. he has already exceeded his expectations here. tomorrow is just a bonus that kills a few birds as well. a win by the Clay Monster will dampen Fed`s and Djokovic`s confidence.

Fed is already running scared as it is. in any case, i think Nadal will take the title in 3 sets.

How the current grass rankings should be

1) Rafa/Nole
2) Federer/Roddick

dam0dred

I am not a Fedtard. I like Nadal a lot, he's a great player and I like seeing him win.

The fact that I hate Djokovic has nothing to do with my appreciation for Roger and everything to do with the fact that he is a cheater, a faker, a famewhore, and a complete twat.

~Maya~
06-14-2008, 04:02 PM

I hope you prediction is as good as the one from yesterday:devil:

Clay Death
06-14-2008, 04:05 PM

1) Rafa/Nole
2) Federer/Roddick

that is exactly the way most have it:

1. Clay Monster
2. Djokovic
3. Fed
4. Roddick

current form and current dynamics see Fed and Roddick heading south and the Clay Monster and Djokovic heading north.

forget the past. yesterday is a cancelled check. tomorrow is a promissory note. today is the only "cash" you have.

Bibberz
06-14-2008, 04:06 PM

If Nadal does take the Queens title tomorrow you've got to stop calling him "Clay Monster" for a little while. ("Green Monster" is probably too obvious, though--at least for baseball fans.)

MaryX
06-14-2008, 04:07 PM
I hope you prediction is as good as the one from yesterday
Me too :)

Petrovic
The fact that I hate Djokovic has nothing to do with my appreciation for Roger and everything to do with the fact that he is a cheater, a faker, a famewhore, and a complete twat.

This TWAT will kick Federovic ass so hard on Wimbledon that Fed The End will cry and cry, he will piss less do :devil:

12 GS without competition , even my Grandma would win one GS on those terms !
Looks like Estoril might be upgraded in GS next season !

RogandyFan

Emm so you are saying rafa was not a great player? because Fed has beaten them in GS. And it is Fed's fault that he was not born earlier to play Sampras or Borg? You keep thinking that your fed hatred is well deserved because it is a response to some fedfans. And you have done absolutely nothing to provoke it. I disagree. I don't have to read your posts, just look at your username. It is already so "in your face" confrontational to fedfans.

I guess we as tennisfan should be happy because you can only go out of your way to be so hateful only if you are passionate about tennis.

GlennMirnyi
06-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Tennis will lose, doesn't matter who's the winner.

dam0dred
06-14-2008, 04:11 PM
As usual, GlennMirnyi speaks the truth.:worship:

MaryX
06-14-2008, 04:19 PM
As usual, GlennMirnyi speaks the truth.

Yes, his version of truth someone finds attractive.

DDrago2
06-14-2008, 04:19 PM

You finaly got it

habibko
06-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Prime Federer who has 12 GS (even though many were a joke)

They will beat each other when they both hit their primes. Both in the future will be legends of the game (Rafa is already the 2nd best clay player ever)

you are bashing Fed for winning 12 GS without beating legends, yet your only argument for your "legendary" duo is for beating none other than him, I'll leave you to contemplate that yourself, just don't push it I know it's hard for you :)

also what you say about Fedtards and Federer fans, oh really? why not respect those fans and stop trolling against their player like a pathetic :baby: all the time

face it, you are just a Fed-hater, I feel sorry for you :hug:

sorry back to the topic :rolleyes: I say the grass monster will prevail like he did in their last confrontation, djoko's result with fatty doesn't mean anything here :cool:

Manon
06-14-2008, 04:22 PM

That explains your life and avatar. Sad.

Fedex
06-14-2008, 04:25 PM

No, but the "real men" do always play at Wimbledon, where Federer destroys them with ease.

Fedex
06-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Nadal in two

groundstroke
06-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I want Djoke to win in 3.

Fedex
06-14-2008, 04:31 PM

Now go watch highlights of Feds flashy shots. Substance beats flash. Nole beats Fed.

http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=F324&playernum2=D643

Well, I must also admit that I am impressed with Nole's ability to win 25% of his matches against Federer. Quite the achievement, indeed. :)

federernadalfan
06-14-2008, 04:31 PM
nadal in three :worship: has the mental edge over djoko :cool:

Jimnik
06-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Should be a great match. But I said the same thing before Rafa-Rod. :o

Albop
06-14-2008, 04:32 PM

1) Rafa/Nole
2) Federer/Roddick

:haha:

Fedex
06-14-2008, 04:44 PM
This TWAT will kick Federovic ass so hard on Wimbledon that Fed The End will cry and cry, he will piss less do :devil:

Did your parents show you no love during your childhood?

Quit projecting.

Goget
06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
No one has won Roland Garros and Queen's in the same year so... vamos Rafa http://www.mecz.pl/forum/images/graemlins/default/boks.gif

luhar333
06-14-2008, 05:07 PM

PATHETIC !! Tennis is the loser for these kinds of ...

Merton
06-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Djokovic in 3.

I think I edge toward Djokovic anywhere but clay despite Nadal's superior record on the grass in previous years. I think Nadal will have his chances but Djoko's serve should see him frustrate Nadal and he will be able to create oppurtunities in many service games.

I am not sure about Djokovic's movement on grass, so I think their matches are more open on this surface relative to hard and clay.

Petrovic
06-14-2008, 05:15 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=F324&playernum2=D643

Well, I must also admit that I am impressed with Nole's ability to win 25% of his matches against Federer. Quite the achievement, indeed. :)

You think that Fed beating Joker when he was 18-19 teen in tennis means something today !:)
That record only showes that Fed had no real competition during his time !
Now , Joker will show him what it means quality competition !
This is why Fed won Estoril only this season !

sanshisan
06-14-2008, 05:17 PM
I am not a Fedtard. I like Nadal a lot, he's a great player and I like seeing him win.

Resorting to slander to smear Djokovic. What does that say about you?

Aloimeh
06-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Djokovic in 3.

I am not sure about Djokovic's movement on grass, so I think their matches are more open on this surface relative to hard and clay.

Are you talking about him not being fast enough, because on that I would disagree. I do think he's being a bit clumsy - in Wimbledon he slid and fell on the grass multiple times and today he fell again, and that's just a big risk for injury, but he is getting to the ball quick enough.

Aloimeh
06-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Resorting to slander to smear Djokovic. What does that say about you?

Fraudtards have of late been generally the most vicious, bitter, and aggressively elitist and condescending of any fan base on MTF. There are Rafa and Novak fans (including myself) who can be harsh, but few employ that element of condescension, fey posturing, and relentless aggressive proselytizing that sets the Fraudtards apart.

Prima donna is a case in point, the avant garde of Fraudtardism, if you will.

Merton
06-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Are you talking about him not being fast enough, because on that I would disagree. I do think he's being a bit clumsy - in Wimbledon he slid and fell on the grass multiple times and today he fell again, and that's just a big risk for injury, but he is getting to the ball quick enough.

Of course Djokovic is very fast, no doubt about that. I am talking about sliding to his shots on grass, he tends to shank shots when he hits on the run more than he does on hard where he has more solid footing. Falling is not such a big deal, it is just getting used to the surface, provided there is no injury obviously.

Watch old videos of Edberg and Becker moving on grass, they just had such quality moving on the surface.

Manon
06-14-2008, 05:33 PM
I am talking about sliding to his shots on grass, he tends to shank shots when he hits on the run more than he does on hard where he has more solid footing. Falling is not such a big deal, it is just getting used to the surface, provided there is no injury obviously.

Watch old videos of Edberg and Becker moving on grass, they just had such quality moving on the surface.

I copied that.

RogerFan82
06-14-2008, 05:41 PM
I think Djoke has more upside and variety to his game than Rafa on grass. As their careers progress, i can't see rafa beating Djoke anywhere except clay.

ChinoRios4Ever
06-14-2008, 05:47 PM
heart: rafa
head: nole

vamos rafa :bounce:

sphiie
06-14-2008, 05:51 PM
heart: rafa
head: nole

vamos rafa :bounce:

I'm thinking exactly like you.
Heart >> Rafael :hug:

rafa_maniac
06-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm thinking exactly like you.
Heart >> Rafael :hug:

Rafa tends to win with his heart though, so it's not crazy to be a wishful thinker :angel: Nole is the logical favourite, but I think Rafa's will may get him over the line.

dam0dred
06-14-2008, 06:35 PM
That explains your life and avatar. Sad.

What's sad is that you know what I say is true, but have no argument to counter and so resort to personal insults about me. Fanboyism at it's worst. Poor little guy. :awww:

KitinovRules
06-14-2008, 06:41 PM
The Faker will retire.

ImmzB
06-14-2008, 06:48 PM
R.Nadal in 2 sets

come on RAFA

garad
06-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Fraudtards have of late been generally the most vicious, bitter, and aggressively elitist and condescending of any fan base on MTF. There are Rafa and Novak fans (including myself) who can be harsh, but few employ that element of condescension, fey posturing, and relentless aggressive proselytizing that sets the Fraudtards apart.

Prima donna is a case in point, the avant garde of Fraudtardism, if you will.

And yet you'll come up with the signature like that, and your posts are all full of your personal anti-Fed agenda. A prime example of hypocrisy of the highest order.

garad
06-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Really? I'm sorry but your posts convey a slightly different message. And I'm sure the majority of Fed fans respect other players and are his fans exactly because of his game (again, its unimaginable from your posts that you'd actually endorse this feeling). Also, it looks like you are the one having problem respecting most of the top 'other players' (Blake, Davydenko, Roddick etc.) that keep losing to Fed, next to cheering for his more frequent beaters. Now what doeas THAT make you in your book?

Bernard Black
06-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Wow, poll is very close. I think Nadal will win, he seems extremely focused and it will take a brilliant performance from Djokovic to beat him, I just can't see Nadal having a bad day.

Lee
06-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Djokovic in 3.

From what I saw in his last 2 matches, I would say Djokovic's movement on grass is pretty pathetic compare to his movement on hard court.

Tennisman82
06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I’m going to go with Djokovic in three sets 7-6 4-6 6-3.

Nole has that big serve & forehand, as well as the consistency. Nadal has to be uber-aggressive, sometimes he rallies too much or too long on grass.

In a bo5 format on the slower Wimbledon grass, I might go with Nadal….

Tennisman82.

Radalek
06-14-2008, 08:40 PM
The Faker will retire.

Are you sure you don't need to visit some mental institution?Out of 680 of your post like...70% are hate posts about Djokovic...nothing else.I mean...get a life.Try to provide some constructive post about tommorows match.I feel sorry for you really.I'm not a Djokotard, but you're just...

Nadal_Fanatic
06-14-2008, 08:42 PM

Nole has that big serve & forehand, as well as the consistency. Nadal has to be uber-aggressive, sometimes he rallies too much or too long on grass.

Tennisman82.
The grass at Wimbledon is not slow. Very close to Queen's imo. It's just the Nadal haters that exaggerate the change at Wimbledon to explain that Nadal can't win on fast surfaces which is false.

Bascule
06-14-2008, 09:10 PM
At this moment their chances are, looking at the poll, the same::eek:

Nadal in 2 32 20.78%
Nadal in 3 45 29.22%
Djokovic in 2 46 29.87%
Djokovic in 3 31 20.13%

star
06-14-2008, 09:34 PM
At this moment their chances are, looking at the pool, the same::eek:

Except that MTF polls rarely are reflective of reality. :)

I simply don't know about this one. It's the match I've been wanting here. I am only hoping for good tennis and the beginning of a back and forth rivalry that goes on for the next 5 years. And by rivalry, I don't mean hatred and ill will, but simply a contest of tennis skills. They are two fine players, and I hope neither dominates.

lurker
06-14-2008, 09:37 PM
This is a tough call. Rafa's been holding his serve extremely well so far, but he hasn't faced a great returner (except Kei?) Djokovic lost serve a few times against Janko. Rafa's won the last two meetings, but lost the one on hard courts recently. Although Rafa won their only grass meetup, to us outsiders there is every bit the appearance that Djokovic would like to play up the fact that he wasn't playing up to his abilities that day. Unfortunately, Djokovic did what is the only thing that annoys me about him...retire from the match. He earned himself the nickname "Duck-ovic" from me last year for his propensity to 'duck' an important match when he is losing. He has a chance to redeem himself, by playing on despite what happens, even if he is losing. He did it at Roland Garros, but that is different. I think deep down, he felt it was ok because Rafa is just better than him on clay. But grass could be an equalizer for the two of them. It is an extremely important match...the result will speak VOLUMES.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 09:37 PM

I simply don't know about this one. It's the match I've been wanting here. I am only hoping for good tennis and the beginning of a back and forth rivalry that goes on for the next 5 years. And by rivalry, I don't mean hatred and ill will, but simply a contest of tennis skills. They are two fine players, and I hope neither dominates.

I'd like Rafa to dominate, but think I will be disapponted :lol:

Win-win for you tomorrow, star.

And Win-unthinkably horrendous loss for me :sad:

star
06-14-2008, 09:41 PM
I'd like Rafa to dominate, but think I will be disapponted :lol:

Win-win for you tomorrow, star.

And Win-unthinkably horrendous loss for me :sad:

:hug: I can be happy with whoever wins, but I will also be sad for whoever loses, so it's not quite a win-win.

When I said I hope neither dominates, I meant in their career head to heads.

My gut says Nadal wins. But that's not exactly a reliable organ.

Branimir
06-14-2008, 09:41 PM
lurker,
Did you have a chance to see Djokovic's foot during that semi-final against Rafa?
Anyway Djokovic last year wasn't as established player as he is now so I predict that Djokovic will beat Nadal tomorrow in two.
I hated most of Djokovic retirements, but the one at wimbledon last year was legitimate one.

DrJules
06-14-2008, 09:43 PM
From what I saw in his last 2 matches, I would say Djokovic's movement on grass is pretty pathetic compare to his movement on hard court.

Yes. Djokovic does not move as well on grass courts as hard courts. It was the main problem Lendl had in the 80s on grass and yes every time I see Djokovic he reminds me more and more of Lendl.

DrJules
06-14-2008, 09:45 PM
The grass at Wimbledon is not slow. Very close to Queen's imo. It's just the Nadal haters that exaggerate the change at Wimbledon to explain that Nadal can't win on fast surfaces which is false.

As many have mentioned movement is important.

Nadal moves much better on clay and grass courts than hard courts.

Aloimeh
06-14-2008, 09:46 PM
I agree, I think Djokovic wins this in two sets. I also want to state that the Wimbledon retirement last year is not the same substance as the Monte Carlo retirement this year. Last year's retirement was legitimate - he was ailing and exhausted. This year's may have had some element of validity to it but was chiefly a petty tactic against Federer and an attempt to deny him outright victory.

star
06-14-2008, 09:48 PM
As many have mentioned movement is important.

Nadal moves much better on clay and grass courts than hard courts.

I think that's true. But please please please stop saying Djokovic is like Lendl. :crying2: Lendl was like robot man. I couldn't stand him or his playing style. And I like Djokovic. I don't want them to be alike. :) :)

DrJules
06-14-2008, 09:48 PM

Tennisman82.

Possibly true.

Queens Club grass plays more like a hard court than Wimbledon. I believe Wimbledon is a softer surface providing a lower bounce and slower speeds.

Petrovic
06-14-2008, 09:51 PM
This is building up to be a great match !
I just hope that tomorrow we witness a world class tennis !

Knightmace
06-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Nadal in 3 hopefully.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 09:53 PM
When I said I hope neither dominates, I meant in their career head to heads.
So did I. I hope Nadal dominates that :banana:

My gut says Nadal wins. But that's not exactly a reliable organ.

No, it is not. Remember what it told you about RG?

DrJules
06-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I think that's true. But please please please stop saying Djokovic is like Lendl. :crying2: Lendl was like robot man. I couldn't stand him or his playing style. And I like Djokovic. I don't want them to be alike. :) :)

The similarities are there for anybody who has watched a lot of tennis.

How Djokovic played against Nalbandian was very similar to how many players in the 80s experienced Lendl; powerful serving backed by solid, powerful and controlled forehand and backhand power from the baseline. It may not be exciting, but it is a very effective style.

lurker
06-14-2008, 09:58 PM
lurker,
Did you have a chance to see Djokovic's foot during that semi-final against Rafa?
Anyway Djokovic last year wasn't as established player as he is now so I predict that Djokovic will beat Nadal tomorrow in two.
I hated most of Djokovic retirements, but the one at wimbledon last year was legitimate one.

Actually, my memory, which is pretty bad, makes me think it was some kind of breathing problem? Maybe I'm mixing it up with another match retirement. Anyhow, I thought he had got over that when he finally pulled off the Federer upset and took the AO crown this year, only to do that retirement thing again (was it in Monte Carlo?)

No question, Djokovic has been strong in his last few matches at Queens and it seems Rafa has just been squeaking through. There is no better time for Djokovic to try to beat Rafa than now and try to make a big statement. I would not underestimate Rafa tomorrow though. He can't exactly be 'the Savage Beast' on grass, but he is every bit "El Toro!"

Aloimeh
06-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Actually, my memory, which is pretty bad, makes me think it was some kind of breathing problem? Maybe I'm mixing it up with another match retirement. Anyhow, I thought he had got over that when he finally pulled off the Federer upset and took the AO crown this year, only to do that retirement thing again (was it in Monte Carlo?)

No question, Djokovic has been strong in his last few matches at Queens and it seems Rafa has just been squeaking through. There is no better time for Djokovic to try to beat Rafa than now and try to make a big statement. I would not underestimate Rafa tomorrow though. He can't exactly be 'the Savage Beast' on grass, but he is every bit "El Toro!"

Breathing problem was French Open 2006 against Nadal. At Wimbledon last year, he was exhausted after 2 straight days of marathon matches (9.5 hours) and he also had an infected foot sore that was inhibiting his movement. He won the first set but lost the next set and was losing the third, and then he retired.

star
06-14-2008, 10:01 PM
So did I. I hope Nadal dominates that :banana:

No, it is not. Remember what it told you about RG?

Well, for you, that isn't good news. :) :)

Yes, I know you DO. :lol: :lol:

I've thought Nadal looked pretty good this week. I haven't seen so much of Djokovic, and can't judge. Beating Nalbandian doesn't mean so much to me. Nalbandian might have been in a snit about the busboy at breakfast for all I know.

dorkino
06-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Head says Djokovic. Possibly even in 2.

All in all the serve 'll be very important and though i haven't seen Djokovic this week but he generally has a powerful serve.

Black Adam
06-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Either Nole in 2 or Rafa in 3. 50/50 affair===> Great for the sport

Corey Feldman
06-14-2008, 11:26 PM
McHoleo will beat Nadal here

something like 6-4 4-6 7-5

GonzoFed
06-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Djokovic 6-4 6-4.

groundstroke
06-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Hopefully Djokovic in 3.

Tnn74
06-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Great job getting to the Final Rafa! :woohoo:
good luck against that little crap face! :hug:

Now go and win your first grass title! :bounce:

charliebrown
06-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Rafa in 3!

liadela
06-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm impressed with Rafa right now - he's got the momentum but I still think it will take him 3 sets to win.

Andi-M
06-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Wot a great final between 2 special players top 2 in the world atm without a doubt!

Both have throughly impressed me this week.

I'll go for Djokovic cos he's looking all gorgeous. 7/5 3/6 7/6

littleash
06-15-2008, 12:55 AM
nadal def horseface 6-0 5-0 40*-0 retired

Manon
06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
nadal def horseface 6-0 5-0 40*-0 retired

Thanks, good to know.

TMJordan
06-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Novak will inflict some revenge from RG.

RonE
06-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Hopefully McNoleo but it will probably be a tough tight match going Rafa's way.

dsingh7
06-15-2008, 01:25 AM

Spot on..now days its becoming really difficult to find genuine post in MTF…..kudos to you for maintaining the sort of standard I look for in MTF…as u said this rivalry is going to be great for mens tennis…in grass I will give edge to Djokovic..Nadal will have difficulties in dealing with his big serve and powerful flattened ground stroke from both wings…

Clay Death
06-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Hopefully McNoleo but it will probably be a tough tight match going Rafa's way.

best of 3 sets matches on fast courts can end so fast. its all about the 1st set for the Clay Monster. he gets it, he has the momentum and the confidence and Djokovic has the pressure and less belief for the match.

so basically the Clay Monster has to fight tooth and nail to take the 1st set and end Djokovic`s belief about the match. after that, it should go Nadal`s way. Nadal`s iron clad "will" decides this match. he also has to play a smart, clean match and let Djokovic take more risk.

DUN I LOVE
06-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Djokovic in 3.

morningglory
06-15-2008, 02:09 AM
best of 3 sets matches on fast courts can end so fast. its all about the 1st set for the Clay Monster. he gets it, he has the momentum and the confidence and Djokovic has the pressure and less belief for the match.

so basically the Clay Monster has to fight tooth and nail to take the 1st set and end Djokovic`s belief about the match. after that, it should go Nadal`s way. Nadal`s iron clad "will" decides this match. he also has to play a smart, clean match and let Djokovic take more risk.

I dont think thats gonna pay off on grass... if anything, Nadal must not be afraid to rip some groundstrokes otherwise the match is on Djoko's racket. Saw some of that against Karlovic... once Nadal was pinned down and Ivo came to the net, most of the time Nadal was toast. Djoko will also do that if Nadal gives him the chance. If piggy is to stand a chance he's got to be willing to take some risks.

Farenhajt
06-15-2008, 02:29 AM
The Businessman Nole has decided to have none of Rafa tomorrow. Straights.

RogiFan88
06-15-2008, 02:35 AM
TFA in easy straights... no contest... let's see how good a revenge player NTG is

Clay Death
06-15-2008, 02:36 AM
The Businessman Nole has decided to have none of Rafa tomorrow. Straights.

is that a wish or a prediction? you know damn well that the Clay Monster is not the one to fold his tents fast. Djokovic has the edge in a best of 3 sets on faster surfaces now but still the Clay Monster will fight tooth and nail.

this is not an easy match for Djokovic. if Nadal can get on top and take the 1st set, Djokovic will have something to worry about.

Bernard Black
06-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Nadal will rip Djokovic a new one.

Roddick >>>>>>>> Nalbandian on grass

lurker
06-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Nadal will have difficulties in dealing with his big serve and powerful flattened ground stroke from both wings…

I had thought the same thing for Nadal going into the Andy Roddick match regarding the serve, but Nadal more than held his own. As for the groundstrokes, yes they represent a problem, but at the same time, Nadal has been tough to break this tournament while Djokovic has been broken by whom I'd consider lesser players.

Either way, this match will be a nail biter.

WNB
06-15-2008, 03:11 AM
Is the final really not shown live on Eurosport? :confused:

Incredibly annoying if that's the case. At least I can't find it anywhere in my PVR program schedule.

wilmar
06-15-2008, 03:20 AM
is that a wish or a prediction? you know damn well that the Clay Monster is not the one to fold his tents fast. Djokovic has the edge in a best of 3 sets on faster surfaces now but still the Clay Monster will fight tooth and nail.

this is not an easy match for Djokovic. if Nadal can get on top and take the 1st set, Djokovic will have something to worry about.

my heart goes with Nadal 100% even though my head knows it won't be a straight-forward match.
I believe Nadal will need to make the first strike and take some risks.
I think what will be interesting is Djokovic's confidence entering the match. He didn't seem his confident self at the FO semis (is it becoz it's clay? or becoz it's Nadal?) and will that loss overflow to the grass season.
didn't watch any of Nole's matches but the scoreline has been very impressive (but did he play superbly? or his opponents terribly?)
still, I think Nadal has been more severely tested thus far and will surely be the mentally-tougher.

MrChopin
06-15-2008, 03:28 AM
I'd like to see Rafa win. The main points I'm anticipating are Nadal's serve vs. Djokovic's return and Djokovic's clutch serving. The way Nadal has been returning for the past few weeks, he'll get his chances to break. If Djokovic can win the free points when needed, he'll be able to hold Nadal off. If he can't and Nadal keeps serving well, Rafa may be able to win like he did against Roddick today. If Nole gets a look at short Nadal serves and can attack his service games, it will be a long day for both.

All in all, this should be another good one.

Pablin777
06-15-2008, 04:37 AM
Who cares.... Djokovic withdrawed anyway!!!!
Nadal 7-6 6-4

DTJ
06-15-2008, 05:15 AM
it should be :speakles: match

zeleni
06-15-2008, 07:17 AM

I agree. The first set may be decisive.

Monteque
06-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Djoker in 2 or 3.

babuska6
06-15-2008, 09:02 AM
i hope nole will win...no matter if in 2 or 3 sets.ajde,nole!

Montego
06-15-2008, 09:19 AM
I hope that Nadal schools him like during FO.

sphiie
06-15-2008, 10:00 AM
I sincerely hope Rafael to win because he's improving, he's enjoying every time that he wins a match (like against Karlovic or Roddick he was cheering more than at FO!), he wants to go home but he is still here and it shows how he wants to win at the final and moreover he deserves it more than Novak! :hug:

T2KN
06-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Me too! I'll be watching while biting my nails this afternoon. This match def has a standard to live up to.

Purple Rainbow
06-15-2008, 10:13 AM
I am rooting for Rafa in two.

HNCS
06-15-2008, 10:40 AM
for these two:

clay: Nadal
Hardcourt: Djokovic
Grass: Nadal

If we simply consider they game styles, djokovic has the edge. but considerng what Nadal has achieved on grass, Nadal should be the winner.

Let's just hope they produce a great match.

BlueSwan
06-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Logic tells me that Djokovic should be the favourite, but Nadal has incredible momentum right now, so it's more or less a 50/50 match, I think.

Regardless of grass performance, I think it will be extremely interesting to see whether Rafa can produce better hard court results this year.

The Pro
06-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Man I hope that Rafa beats that plank Jokervic today. :(

Petrovic
06-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Man I hope that Rafa beats that plank Jokervic today. :(
Man i hope you sweat like a pig when Joker beats Nadalovic !

prima donna
06-15-2008, 11:30 AM
With Djokovic clearly having demonstrated that he's in a different class than Nadal on even a relatively slow hard court and Nadal proving that he's clearly in another league on any velocity of clay court, I think it's safe to say that this surface is the most neutral in terms of any hypothetical match that could take place between them.

With that being said, I'm not convinced that it's going to be a match to store away in the archives, Nadal is so obviously inferior in terms of his ability to go on the offensive that if he loses the 1st set he'll most likely start to resemble a deer caught in the headlights and find himself overwhelmed by the quality of Djokovic's groundstrokes -- or if Nadal were to win the 1st set, he'd most likely settle into a bit of a comfort zone and start going for shots that he otherwise would never dare taking which will most likely be sufficient to earn him the decisive break.

Djokovic's movement on this surface leaves much to be desired; however, his groundstrokes are quite penetrating if he can get himself in decent position, while Nadal's loopy forehand is a major disadvantage on grass (a disadvantage which is negated by his backhand that is able to redirect pace quite effectively.)

Neither are natural grass court players which their respective games obviously reflect as they are hardly groomed for this surface, it's merely a question of which player can adjust to the conditions better and impose his game on the other.

MyPrecious
06-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Every time people think we're gonna see a great match, it sucks!

I hope I'm wrong, but for some reason I think this one may be over in 90 minutes if Nadal doesn't get the first set.

My heart says Rafa, but I think it will be Nole.

michellej
06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
The Queens site picks Rafa to win, and so do I.

http://www.artoischampionships.com/1/news/2008/final_preview.asp

VAMOS RAFA

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Hope Rafa, expect Novak.

T2KN
06-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Same here.

Cat123
06-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Rafa! Rafa! Rafa! Rafa!!!!!! :worship: :bounce:

Bring. It. On. :cool:

Tommy fan
06-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Djokovic in 2 :(

groundstroke
06-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I hope Djokovic slaughters this fool.

~Jin~
06-15-2008, 12:36 PM
nole :angel:

FluffyYellowBall
06-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Well arent the poll results a bit strange?
Most expect Rafa in 2 followed by nole in 3 then Rafa in 3 and Nole in 2 are tied.

Faker always manages to make everyone unsure by his pulling out etc...

Nadal in 2 if he plays like yesterday

wally1
06-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Nice fact on the BBC just now - if Nadal wins today he'll be the first Spaniard to win a grass court title since 1972:)

T2KN
06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I read that too. Another reason I want him to win.

HNCS
06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Nice fact on the BBC just now - if Nadal wins today he'll be the first Spaniard to win a grass court title since 1972:)

:D