Halle SF: Federer def. Kiefer 6-1 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Halle SF: Federer def. Kiefer 6-1 6-4

Rogieva
06-14-2008, 01:16 PM
JesusFed :bowdown:

LinkMage
Good stuff by Fed in the 1st set. Not that good in the 2nd.

habibko
never in doubt, check this point btw, wonderful from Fed!

3E1tasVMRMw

dark_ambient
06-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Never in doubt and expected. Kiefer choked at 4-4 in the second. The Emperor of Grass is just too good. Wimbledon next! Watch out! ;)

NicolasKiefer44
06-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Fed, uhm, wins, in 4 minutes. lol.

l_mac
06-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Federer won? :eek: :eek:

:zzz: :zzz:

Bernard Black
06-14-2008, 01:22 PM
This decline is lasting a long time.

Great stuff Federer.

elessar
06-14-2008, 01:24 PM

Get out of our thread you hater :crying2:

Corey Feldman
06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
At this rate Rogi should be good for a Semi in Wimbledon

HarryMan
06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Keep going Roger, the grass court genius at his best :hatoff:

garad
06-14-2008, 01:27 PM

That's how we felt during the clay court season honey...

Beat
06-14-2008, 01:28 PM
easier than i had expected :yeah:

arm
06-14-2008, 01:30 PM
This decline is lasting a long time.

Great stuff Federer.

Hard to lose to Kiwi.. :shrug:

Not that I thinkg he is in decline, because I don't think he is. ;)

federernadalfan
06-14-2008, 01:35 PM
a result pretty much expected

HNCS
06-14-2008, 01:43 PM
a result pretty much expected

i didn't expect it at all. :lol:

you have always have to expect the tightest of results in Halle :)

but #58 :drive: keep going Rog!

Neely
06-14-2008, 01:44 PM
That was just too dominant and way too good despite Federer only served at 70% and didn't have to play full throttle at all. Horrible first set of Kiefer, the 2nd set was much better, but he could have had ten times more 0-40, have seen nothing but 2nd serves of Federer, and he still would not have broken.

Two or three good rallies as they both played wonderful slow backhand slices (Nadal should watch how these balls skid) and placed their shots well, but Kiefer won the strangest point as Federer had a high smash, Kiefer made a jumping jack and then turned his back to Federer who then missed the easy smash :lol: At the end Kiefer must have talked to Federer about this funny situation, Federer tapped his back and must have said something like: "never mind, I knew I would win anyway"

l_mac
06-14-2008, 01:52 PM
That's how we felt during the clay court season honey...

Really? Another :eek: moment.

:rolleyes:

At the end Kiefer must have talked to Federer about this funny situation, Federer tapped his back and must have said something like: "never mind, I knew I would win anyway"

Typical Ego King.

gebl
06-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Get out of our thread you hater :crying2:

given her constant pollution of the nadal threads, this elessar is ludicrous

The_Beast
06-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Good win Roger :)

Jelena
06-14-2008, 01:53 PM
JesusFed :bowdown:
For luck Roger Fed is no God, but a human being. In the second set there were some sequences when he had some slight problems, but like he often is, he converted the chances the opponent gives him.

JMG
06-14-2008, 01:55 PM
For luck Roger Fed is no God, but a human being.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3178/puppyuy0.gif

elessar
06-14-2008, 01:59 PM
given her constant pollution of the nadal threads, this elessar is ludicrous
:spit:

Given his inability to detect sarcasm, this gebl must be quite a moron :D

Art&Soul
06-14-2008, 02:19 PM
ROGELIO, so cool ;) 58 and counting :)

Yappa
06-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Two or three good rallies as they both played wonderful slow backhand slices (Nadal should watch how these balls skid) and placed their shots well, but Kiefer won the strangest point as Federer had a high smash, Kiefer made a jumping jack and then turned his back to Federer who then missed the easy smash :lol: At the end Kiefer must have talked to Federer about this funny situation, Federer tapped his back and must have said something like: "never mind, I knew I would win anyway"

What pissed me off is how the german channel ZDF tried to make a big deal out of it. Kiefer just tried to be funny, since he was 100% sure that he had already lost the point. Not the first person to do something like that. (For haters: Insert Aussie Open 2006 QF example here)

Lleyton_
06-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Really? Another :eek: moment.

:rolleyes:

Typical Ego King.

You're hating behind the sarcasm mask pretty well.

elessar
06-14-2008, 02:30 PM
What pissed me off is how the german channel ZDF tried to make a big deal out of it. Kiefer just tried to be funny, since he was 100% sure that he had already lost the point. Not the first person to do something like that. (For haters: Insert Aussie Open 2006 QF example here)

Roger was an idiot for letting himself get distracted during that point, but hadn't Kiefer also yelled when Roger was about to hit a shot at the net a few points before ?

Neely
06-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Roger was an idiot for letting himself get distracted during that point, but hadn't Kiefer also yelled when Roger was about to hit a shot at the net a few points before ?
Yes, he slipped while changing directions and knew the point was gone, and then he yelled something like "NEEEEEEE!" and this is more obvious a clear interference into Federer's shot. Federer made the point anyway, but you shouldn't yell like that and it was right of Bernardes to rule like that and you can't complain much about the interference. While you can jump around, make flik-flaks, saltos, duck out or whatever practice on your own court while your opponent hits a shot, this is a bit different as long as you're not that close to your opponent to interfere his shot physically.

Of course, at best Kiefer should have continued playing normally twice that there was nothing strange at all ;)

Bilbo
06-14-2008, 02:37 PM
expected straight sets win by federer

Yappa
06-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes, he slipped while changing directions and knew the point was gone, and then he yelled something like "NEEEEEEE!" and this is more obvious a clear interference into Federer's shot.

I see, so that's what happened. I had the sound muted, so I didn't catch that.

stebs
06-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Really good play from the little I saw and Kiefer has some of the game to hurt Federer but simply isn't a good enough player to actually make it count. That said, from what I did watch it was Federer being too good. Looks good for another Halle title.

luzkoz
06-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Good match Roger :D

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 02:54 PM
What is a pansy this Fed is.

Hiding in this joke tourny while the real men are playing in Queens.

dam0dred
06-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Didn't watch it but the scoreline is encouraging. GrassFed :worship:

elessar
06-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Really good play from the little I saw and Kiefer has some of the game to hurt Federer but simply isn't a good enough player to actually make it count. That said, from what I did watch it was Federer being too good. Looks good for another Halle title.
Thanks for confirming what I though :worship:

Unlike all the haters here who keep commenting even though they never watched the match :crying2:

(Yes Gebl, that was sarcasm again)

cool bird1
06-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Well done fed

Jogy
06-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Exactly. That's what Federer does to make his record on grass bigger.

The best grass players are in Queens and Federer is hiding from Nadal, Djokovic, Roddick and other danger oponents because he got his ass kicked already this season from them and can't need more from them after the French Open rout Nadal gave him.

He first must get some easy wins over Vacek and so clowns like him

HarryMan
06-14-2008, 03:36 PM

The best grass players are in Queens and Federer is hiding from Nadal, Djokovic, Roddick and other danger oponents because he got his ass kicked already this season from them and can't need more from them after the French Open rout Nadal gave him.

Update your siggy, its 11-6 now :devil:

MrChopin
06-14-2008, 03:44 PM

You should follow suite. How about hiding in non-tennis?

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:46 PM

There is a reason Federer is known as the ballet dancing pansy clown.

The weakest #1 in history.

Jogy
06-14-2008, 03:52 PM
You should follow suite. How about hiding in non-tennis?
What would people say if Nadal would play not the big clay tournaments, but a 32 draw tournament in Spain where the average ranking of opponents is 79 and where the best player he has to beat is Blake (not done outstanding on grass) or Kohlschreiber (young, not done outstanding on any surface, maybe never makes it to top 10)?
People like JMPower or Escude would soon say he is hiding from Federer or Djokovic in the big tournaments

But Nadal almost only playing international series gold or Masters tournaments on clay before RG for years now

Corey Feldman
06-14-2008, 03:52 PM
:lol:

love how every Fed win thesedays is a dagger into the hearts of some ppl

Eden
06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
It's always impressive to see how much hate this so-called weakest GS winner of the history still gets on GM :hatoff:

Well done Roger for todays match :)

Good tournament for Kiwi nevertheless.

Bad Religion
06-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Nobody gives a shit about this MM tournament

The real deal this week is Queens

Jogy
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM

my favorite win is 6 days ago when Rogi only made 4 games in a Slam final and mentally grinded Federer into earth :)

Rafa = Fed Killa
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM

Agreed

A joke tourny which will be won by a joke player.

JediFed
06-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Of course we know that Djokovic and Nadal have the real balls to stand up to Fed, which is why they are in Queens.

Fed has always played here in Halle, even before he became number one, and before Djokovic and Nadal even started playing.

Corey Feldman
06-14-2008, 04:04 PM
my favorite win is 6 days ago when Rogi only made 4 games in a Slam final and mentally grinded Federer into earth :)Good for him, maybe one day he'll win an another GS somewhere and prove he's not a one surface pony

and not get grinded into dust by the likes of Tsonga

leng jai
06-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Good for him, maybe one day he'll win an another GS somewhere and prove he's not a one surface pony

and not get grinded into dust by the likes of Tsonga

Clearly we are at the stage of the year where only results during the clay season mean anything.

elessar
06-14-2008, 04:07 PM
What would people say if Nadal would play not the big clay tournaments, but a 32 draw tournament in Spain where the average ranking of opponents is 79 and where the best player he has to beat is Blake (not done outstanding on grass) or Kohlschreiber (young, not done outstanding on any surface, maybe never makes it to top 10)?
People like JMPower or Escude would soon say he is hiding from Federer or Djokovic in the big tournaments

You mean the Blake that was in the final of the outstandingly spartan Queen's tournament :D ?

MrChopin
06-14-2008, 04:08 PM

But Nadal almost only playing international series gold or Masters tournaments on clay before RG for years now

So Fed is hiding because you speculate others would say the same of Rafa, provided he was playing smaller clay tournaments?

The haters are really desperate... they have been eating their words for five years now. They used to hide from Fed-victory threads, but I think even seeing his name anymore sends them into a frothy, rabid rage.

dam0dred
06-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Fed has always played here in Halle, even before he became number one, and before Djokovic and Nadal even started playing.

A fact which the anti-Federer camp seems to conveniently ignore. :)

Black Adam
06-14-2008, 04:12 PM

The Truth, ladies and Gents, has been spoken!

alfonsojose
06-14-2008, 04:12 PM
:worship:

Ten_Isse_Fan
06-14-2008, 04:26 PM
As it's been mentioned, Federer has always played Halle, good season or not, and over the years he beat very good players there. But it's more a question of which tournament he likes better. He speaks german, he loves Germany, he loves the tournament. Why the hell should he stop playing there ?

And for those who argue Halle's a MM tournament and that Queen's is the real deal, well Queen's and Halle are awarded exactly the same points. So they're equally big tournaments. If the other players are shitscared of showing up to play in Fed's backyard, that's their problem, not Roger's.

Furthermore, if there were 3 Masters Series held on grass (or at least ONE) like there is on clay, I can guarantee you Federer would be playing them.

but yeah, this post is pretty useless. Trying to reason with you haters is like trying to change the mind of a 2 year-old. They'll listen to what you have to say, but at the end of the day, it's gonna be a big "NO :bigcry: " with no arguments to back it up.

iriraz
06-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Queens and Halle are ranking wise on same level.Federer has always played at Halle,but most players prefer Queens because it`s in England.
So Federer isn`t hiding at Halle from top players.It seems the others are hiding from him.

elessar
06-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Yes, he slipped while changing directions and knew the point was gone, and then he yelled something like "NEEEEEEE!" and this is more obvious a clear interference into Federer's shot. Federer made the point anyway, but you shouldn't yell like that and it was right of Bernardes to rule like that and you can't complain much about the interference. While you can jump around, make flik-flaks, saltos, duck out or whatever practice on your own court while your opponent hits a shot, this is a bit different as long as you're not that close to your opponent to interfere his shot physically.

Of course, at best Kiefer should have continued playing normally twice that there was nothing strange at all ;)

Pretty much yeah ;)

Here's what Roger said about those two points, apparently it didn't bother him at all.
Q: Two times was becoming crazy. What’s your opinion on what he did?
FEDERER: The one time he screamed.

Q: Yes, and when he was motioning like that?
FEDERER: I didn’t see that. He went like that with the hand. I just thought, he turned around because the ball was … I was following the ball not looking at him. But I still missed the ball. It was my mistake. The other one I was just surprised what happened, if he did it on purpose. I don’t know what he did. But he excused himself at the net to say he didn’t mean to cause any problems. Look, it’s okay. The one point I won, the other I should have won but lost it. So, that was my mistake. I’m not upset against Nicolas in any way.

Q: But anyway he should be awarded a point the second time.
FEDERER: Really, was it that bad? Then you speak to the Umpire not me. You give me a thousand of those overheads and I’m not going to miss one. But today, I missed one. I guess the Umpire was shocked himself, he was speechless (laughs).

Fedex
06-14-2008, 04:48 PM
never in doubt, check this point btw, wonderful from Fed!

3E1tasVMRMw

Wow!! :eek: :eek:

That ball was like two inches off the ground when he hit it!

Fedex
06-14-2008, 04:53 PM

Nice dodge. Answer the question, arseclown.

Federerhingis
06-14-2008, 05:03 PM

It's a pity the Mickey mouse grass tournie gives the same ranking points as the more prestigious "real" grass court tuneup. How dare they award the same points.

Merton
06-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Solid from Roger, he has now gotten his grass practice.

It is funny how people say that he is dodging Queens or something, Roger has played in Halle since 2002. Clearly he likes the tournament and the preparation has not turned out that bad in the past so there is no reason to change now.

People pay too much attention at these warm up tournaments anyway, during the 80s Lendl was excellent at Queens but not good enough against Becker and Edberg during Wimbledon. Sampras was vulnerable at Queens but untouchable at Wimbledon.

RogerFan82
06-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Jogy, take your trollism elsewhere. Everyone should be like nadal, and play a MM clay tournament after Wimby to gain garbage points. :o:o:worship:

ChinoRios4Ever
06-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Mr. grass still alive :yeah:

Allez
06-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Roger has not been tested this week. That could count against him at Wmbledon. Still a win is a win is a win. Hope he continues the streak tomorrow and then start prepping for Wimbledon. It's going to be his toughest yet.

Greenday
06-14-2008, 05:59 PM

You...Dumb Moron...roger always played halle even before these nadal and djokovic entered top10......so my question is why nadal and djokovic are running away from federer on grass and playing queens.....they know tht roger is going to play in halle...y did they go to queens.....Who did tommy haas loose to this week btw?

Lleyton_
06-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Federer never plays Queens. I'm sure the trolls RFK, Jogy know that. At least he doesn't play a MM tournament on clay AFTER Wimbledon :spit:

FedererBulgaria
06-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Fed:worship:Win the tile!;)

Matt01
06-14-2008, 06:24 PM
As it's been mentioned, Federer has always played Halle, good season or not, and over the years he beat very good players there. But it's more a question of which tournament he likes better. He speaks german, he loves Germany, he loves the tournament. Why the hell should he stop playing there ?

And for those who argue Halle's a MM tournament and that Queen's is the real deal, well Queen's and Halle are awarded exactly the same points. So they're equally big tournaments. If the other players are shitscared of showing up to play in Fed's backyard, that's their problem, not Roger's.

Furthermore, if there were 3 Masters Series held on grass (or at least ONE) like there is on clay, I can guarantee you Federer would be playing them.

but yeah, this post is pretty useless. Trying to reason with you haters is like trying to change the mind of a 2 year-old. They'll listen to what you have to say, but at the end of the day, it's gonna be a big "NO :bigcry: " with no arguments to back it up.

Thank you. Great post :worship:

garad
06-14-2008, 07:43 PM
The haters are really desperate... they have been eating their words for five years now. They used to hide from Fed-victory threads, but I think even seeing his name anymore sends them into a frothy, rabid rage.

Love that! So true, so true...

garad
06-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Halle has greater facilities, organization, is more spectator - friendly, has better main stadium with retractable roof and higher capacity, and has been won by both grass all time greats, Sampras and Federer. I rest my case.

garad
06-14-2008, 07:49 PM
It's always impressive to see how much hate this so-called weakest GS winner of the history still gets on GM :hatoff:

Yep, that actually means that Fed is here to stay. How mach hate is here still left towards Hewit?

Federerhingis
06-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Halle has greater facilities, organization, is more spectator - friendly, has better main stadium with retractable roof and higher capacity, and has been won by both grass all time greats, Sampras and Federer. I rest my case.

A tournament is not only great because who plays or has played at it, tournaments are great because they create that aura and ambiance with the players and fans. It's a reputation that gets earned not created.

groundstroke
06-14-2008, 09:24 PM

But he's beaten Roddick twice and Nadal twice in that massive record he has.

Corey Feldman
06-14-2008, 10:44 PM
its funny

to Jogy and RFk, players like Nole and Roddick were clowns and pansy boys when Fed beat them last year and now that they are in Nadal's way at the Queens event - that is where the "BIG BOYS are" stuff

unreal

and i think its fair to say Fed has proved himself more than enough in matches on ALL SURFACES over the years against Nole, Nalbi and especially Roddick

Jogy
06-14-2008, 10:58 PM
You...Dumb Moron...roger always played halle even before these nadal and djokovic entered top10......so my question is why nadal and djokovic are running away from federer on grass and playing queens.....they know tht roger is going to play in halle...y did they go to queens.....Who did tommy haas loose to this week btw?
top rank players and Wimbledon semifinal players like Nadal and Djokovic and a former champ like Hewitt go to Queens, because Queens is the tournament that has produced the Wimbledon Champs and because Queens has more good ranked players than Halle almost every year. And the big competition is in Queens. Easy.

Federer is the only one to win Halle and then Wimbledon. Do you remember George Hitler's thread that Monte Carlo is the best producer for French Open champs? The same is with Queen's. Hewitt, Sampras, Becker, McEnroe. Halle only has Federer.

With Queens the bigger tournament, Federer must come to Queens, and not other way around. Or else he is the one who trys to hide in a German MM instead of playing the big stage.

Only looking the winner list at Halle, you only have two Wimbledon champs total. Stich and Federer.

Now look the same at Queen's and make the call.
Federer never plays Queens. I'm sure the trolls RFK, Jogy know that. At least he doesn't play a MM tournament on clay AFTER Wimbledon :spit:
Stuttgart (=Series Gold) is bigger than the Mickey Mouse Halle.

its funny

to Jogy and RFk, players like Nole and Roddick were clowns and pansy boys when Fed beat them last year and now that they are in Nadal's way at the Queens event - that is where the "BIG BOYS are" stuff

strange world, is it right? Just like you and your buddy GlennMirnyi always saying it is weakest time ever on clay and that is not special to win all that like Nadal. And then almost same time RonE posting thread and demanding respect for Federer for his make of clay finals? :spit: before mods deleted it ;)

luie
06-15-2008, 12:58 AM
top rank players and Wimbledon semifinal players like Nadal and Djokovic and a former champ like Hewitt go to Queens, because Queens is the tournament that has produced the Wimbledon Champs and because Queens has more good ranked players than Halle almost every year. And the big competition is in Queens. Easy.

Federer is the only one to win Halle and then Wimbledon. Do you remember George Hitler's thread that Monte Carlo is the best producer for French Open champs? The same is with Queen's. Hewitt, Sampras, Becker, McEnroe. Halle only has Federer.

With Queens the bigger tournament, Federer must come to Queens, and not other way around. Or else he is the one who trys to hide in a German MM instead of playing the big stage.

Only looking the winner list at Halle, you only have two Wimbledon champs total. Stich and Federer.

Now look the same at Queen's and make the call.

Stuttgart (=Series Gold) is bigger than the Mickey Mouse Halle.

strange world, is it right? Just like you and your buddy GlennMirnyi always saying it is weakest time ever on clay and that is not special to win all that like Nadal. And then almost same time RonE posting thread and demanding respect for Federer for his make of clay finals? :spit: before mods deleted it ;)
FED has been playing halle since these guys were still in diapers.:wavey:

Corey Feldman
06-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Federer plays Halle for the last 5 or 6 years - because he's scared of the Queens field >>>> even though he's always kicked their arses 2 weeks later to win the last 5 Wimbledons >>>> Where it REALLY matters

Jogy logic at its best

come back and tell me how big a spartans and great the Semi line up in Queens was today - when any one of those 4 players have a Wimbledon title to their name > compared to the guy in 'MM Halle' who has five of them.

RonE
06-15-2008, 01:16 AM
One more to go :)

t0x
06-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Fed has 5 Wimbledon titles and he's playing in Halle....

Remind me how many titles people in Queens have won?

Now ask yourself, is Halle really a MM grass tourney? The answer is no. I don't favour either of the two, I think they have the same ranking points anyway. Didn't your spartan (rafa) get his ass kicked in the first round of Halle a while ago anyway? Then he went to Queens :o

Good performance by Fed anyway. Take home the title :D

l_mac
06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
:haha: @ Fed fans trying to argue that Halle has a better field.

Good job guys.

t0x
06-15-2008, 12:06 PM
:haha: @ Fed fans trying to argue that Halle has a better field.

Good job guys.

As I said, I don't favour one tourney other the other. But to call one a MM tourney is stupid, especially since it's worth the same number of points. My point is only an idiot would say Fed is hiding away :/

bokehlicious
06-15-2008, 12:10 PM
A good thing with Roger's slump is the entertaining value from the haters :D they used to hide in frustration for years :awww: glad they finally enjoy their moments :hug: :hug:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:12 PM
My point is only an idiot would say Fed is hiding away :/

That is also true. :)

Neely
06-15-2008, 12:32 PM
:lol: I had to laugh a bit reading the last 20 posts or so, but while Jogy just tries to stir on a discussion for the sake of it, he was was pretty accurate on one thing, namely saying that the winner list of Halle doesn't have by far the diversity of former, future Wimbledon winners as Queen's. This may be because Queen's is a part of the schedule since 197X and Halle only the early 90s, but it also might say something about where the best players preferred to play, which one was regarded as the more established one, and where they had their best results.

It's stupid to say that Federer would be shy of playing Queen's because it was the success formuala for him all the years before and he has a contract with Halle, but it's also wrong to say that Nadal and Djokovic or others would need to play Halle because of Federer when Queen's has undoubtely a certain status as preparation for Wimbledon.

And I'm glad that not all grasscourt greats are playing the same tournament. If Federer did not play Halle the next years, it would be a massive blow to the tournament.

Aenea
06-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Now ask yourself, is Halle really a MM grass tourney? The answer is no. I don't favour either of the two, I think they have the same ranking points anyway. Didn't your spartan (rafa) get his ass kicked in the first round of Halle a while ago anyway? Then he went to Queens :o
Good performance by Fed anyway. Take home the title :D

It always amazes me how ppl tend to forget that there is 5 years difference in Rafa's and Roger's age. 5 years is a lot and in tennis even more so.
Now you say Rafa got beaten in his first appearance at Halle. That's true and he was 19 years old at that time. Federer first time had won Halle in 2003, when he was nearly 22. So what's the difference? Rafa reaches Queen’s final at the same age Federer reached Halle’s final for first time. And for Rafa being mostly a clay courter reaching Queen's final immediately after winning FO is something really special.
You don't want to recognize his achievements, fine. But when comparing Nadal to Federer don't forget the age difference. At age of 19 Federer had been #29, at 20 - #13, 21 - #6, 22 - #2. See, it's not like Federer were any more successful than Nadal at that age. He needed time to learn and evolve. Just like Rafa now.

t0x
06-15-2008, 01:46 PM
It always amazes me how ppl tend to forget that there is 5 years difference in Rafa's and Roger's age. 5 years is a lot and in tennis even more so.
Now you say Rafa got beaten in his first appearance at Halle. That's true and he was 19 years old at that time. Federer first time had won Halle in 2003, when he was nearly 22. So what's the difference? Rafa reaches Queen’s final at the same age Federer reached Halle’s final for first time. And for Rafa being mostly a clay courter reaching Queen's final immediately after winning FO is something really special.
You don't want to recognize his achievements, fine. But when comparing Nadal to Federer don't forget the age difference. At age of 19 Federer had been #29, at 20 - #13, 21 - #6, 22 - #2. See, it's not like Federer were any more successful than Nadal at that age. He needed time to learn and evolve. Just like Rafa now.

You completley missed my point. I am very respectfull of Rafa's achievments and if you read most of my posts, you'll see this.

My point is, Rafa played Halle, and lost a few years ago. Then switched to Queens. The idiot FedHater guy then accuses Fed of hiding away in Halle, and not going to Queens. But Fed has always played Halle, it's Rafa who switched!

Sunset of Age
06-15-2008, 04:14 PM
As I said, I don't favour one tourney other the other. But to call one a MM tourney is stupid, especially since it's worth the same number of points. My point is only an idiot would say Fed is hiding away :/

Plenty of those idiots around here. :silly:

knight_ley
06-15-2008, 04:52 PM
:eek: Kiwi made a SF?! I'm impresssed.

Aenea
06-15-2008, 05:10 PM
You completley missed my point. I am very respectfull of Rafa's achievments and if you read most of my posts, you'll see this.

My point is, Rafa played Halle, and lost a few years ago. Then switched to Queens. The idiot Fedtard guy then accuses Fed of hiding away in Halle, and not going to Queens. But Fed has always played Halle, it's Rafa who switched!

TBH I don't know you, I haven't read your posts before, just this one that I replayed to. It doesn't matter, I doubt I missed your point in that particular post. Whatever.
I doubt a Fedtard would accuse Federer of hiding in Halle. :lol: Or am I missing the point again?
It's good Rafa switched to Queen's. He won it. :D

t0x
06-15-2008, 09:38 PM
TBH I don't know you, I haven't read your posts before, just this one that I replayed to. It doesn't matter, I doubt I missed your point in that particular post. Whatever.
I doubt a Fedtard would accuse Federer of hiding in Halle. :lol: Or am I missing the point again?
It's good Rafa switched to Queen's. He won it. :D

Fed Hater, my mistake.