Locking match threads prematurely on GM [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Locking match threads prematurely on GM

Merton
06-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Why was the match thread for the French Open final locked? That has been open for less than 10 hours, for sure there might be people interested to express their opinions on the match that did not yet have the chance of doing so. After all, one might think it was an important match.

Deal with individual posts by all means, but keep the thread open at least for some time after the match, or open a new one for discussion if the thread has been derailed irreversibly.

elessar
06-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Agree with this, as much as I'd like to pretend that match never happened, a thread about such an important match (Rafa equalling Borg's record) shouldn't be locked so soon :shrug:

TMJordan
06-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Don't anger the ragingmods :scared:

tangerine_dream
06-09-2008, 12:55 AM
I agree, it was too early to close that thread. The last few pages were lame but not nearly as bad as other match threads have gotten but were not locked down. Someone should start a new match thread I'm sure there are many people who still want to discuss it.

bad gambler
06-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Sorted

Think it was because of the last couple of pages which just went on a detour but mostly harmless.

TMJordan
06-09-2008, 02:18 AM
bg :hug:

Sunset of Age
06-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorted

Think it was because of the last couple of pages which just went on a detour but mostly harmless.

Strange indeed. Why not delete the offtopic/bashing/trolling posts in stead of closing the complete thread?