Betting Odds :o [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Betting Odds :o

TheBoiledEgg
07-08-2004, 08:56 PM
most of them are pretty weird.
where do the odds come from ??
i know its a two way thing, but maybe you can use official betting site odds.

Stan James does it, they are the best in tennis betting

and what is the point of betting on a FAV to win :lol:
seen LOTS do it and thats pointless.

Cant the betting change before match starts like in real :o :angel:

Neely
07-09-2004, 12:56 AM
of course makes betting on a favorite makes only sense if you consider his chances as better than the odds are indicating. Same is true for underdogs also; if you think that somebody has just a 20% chance of winning a match it doesn't make much sense if you take him for odds at 2,50 :lol:

it's all a matter of "discovering the value" for yourself.

wtn_amanda
07-09-2004, 05:19 PM
The odds are already based on real prices set by bookmakers. It works like this: we use a system that goes out and checks the prices across 19 different bookmakers. The system tell us which is the best price (most profitable for you) and that's the price we offer you on here.

The bookmakers we use are:
SportingOdds
TotalBet
William Hill
Sky Bet
Ladbrokes
Corals
Victor Chandler
Stanleybet
SportingBet
Paddy Power
UK Betting
Blue Square
Bet365
BetDirect
Pinnacle
Totesport
Gamebookers
CanBet
Stan James

TheBoiledEgg
07-09-2004, 07:57 PM
thanx Amanda :)

but we dont have any more betting available to us now??
why ?

Chloe le Bopper
07-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Betting on the fave makes perfect sense if you bet a lot and feel like it's a "sure thing". It makes more sense that it does to always bet on the long shot.

TheBoiledEgg
07-10-2004, 10:31 AM
Betting on the fave makes perfect sense if you bet a lot and feel like it's a "sure thing". It makes more sense that it does to always bet on the long shot.

what i mean was there's no point betting on odds like 4/6 or something
cos you get less back.
seen people bet 400 or something on here on odds like 4/6 :o

betting on favs only if you get decent odds, like if you actually got a chance to make something.

isnt that how betting is supposed to be ??
trying to win more :confused:

Neely
07-10-2004, 11:09 AM
what i mean was there's no point betting on odds like 4/6 or something cos you get less back. Seen people bet 400 or something on here on odds like 4/6 :o
why getting less back? I don't understand? :shrug:

if you win your bet, no matter if the odds are 10/100 or 1/1, you always get back more than you invested.

it's only a matter of risk and chance ratio, because it would make no sense to risking 500 vCash$ to win just 20 if for example Roddick is considered as a big favorite on clay or whatever.

TheBoiledEgg
07-10-2004, 12:22 PM
why getting less back? I don't understand? :shrug:

if you win your bet, no matter if the odds are 10/100 or 1/1, you always get back more than you invested.

it's only a matter of risk and chance ratio, because it would make no sense to risking 500 vCash$ to win just 20 if for example Roddick is considered as a big favorite on clay or whatever.

you do yet your initial bet back
i'm not too much into betting...... :confused:

Neely
07-10-2004, 12:30 PM
you do yet your initial bet back
i'm not too much into betting...... :confused:

no problem... yes, of course you do get your "stake" bet if you win, plus the winning

lol, BoiledEgg, then nobody would bet on favorite and the whole betting system would not work ;)

example:
you have 500$ on your vCash balacne. You bet 100$ vCash on Federer at 8/100 odds (in decimal odds: 1,08), then from your vCash balance you will have 100$ deducted (balance shows 400$). If Federer wins you get your 100$ (stake) back plus the winning of 8$.

so after your bet was succesful your balance will show 508$.
and it works the same for all other odds.

The only question you have to ask yourself is if such shorts odds are worth betting, and if it is worth risking 100 to win just little 8$. :shrug:

wtn_amanda
07-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the excellent explanation Neely. I'm sure this thread will be useful to many others who are unclear how the betting system works. The whole system is easily confusing if you've never gambled before. :)

Jeff
08-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Wow, Amanda, you guys really put a lot into this, being that it's just free and fun for us and not even real. It's cool though, and fun, so thanks :)