The Artois Championships: Let's have a beer in the garden. Nice, no? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Artois Championships: Let's have a beer in the garden. Nice, no?

Xoman
06-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Dear Rafa fans.

While Nadal is cooking a bagel in the 3rd set at RG (5-0) as I type and Nadal serving. I take the liberty to start the thread for the Artois Championships in Queen's London.

The draw is out:

1)Rafael Nadal v Bye

(WC)Jonas Bjorkman v Igor Kunitsyn

Alejandro Falla v Kei Nishikori

Olivier Patience v (16)Sam Querrey

(10)Fernando Gonzalez v (Q)Richard Bloomfield

Marat Safin v (Q)James Ward

(WC)Alex Bogdanovic v (Q)Joseph Sirianni

Bye v (8)Ivo Karlovic

(3)Andy Roddick v Bye

Robby Ginepri v Vince Spadea

Chris Guccione v Yen-Hsun Lu

Edouard Roger-Vasselin v (15)Mardy Fish

(12)Andreas Seppi v Arnaud Clement

Kristof Vliegen v Ernests Gulbis

Sebastien Grosjean v (Q)Rik de Voest

Bye v (6)Andy Murray

(5)Richard Gasquet v Bye

Frank Dancevic v Simone Bolleli

Nicolas Lapentti v Mario Ancic

Hyung-Taik Lee v (9)Fernando Verdasco

(14)Feliciano Lopez v Nicolas Mahut

Kevin Anderson v John Isner

Dudi Sela v Viktor Troicki

Bye v (4)David Nalbandian

(7)Paul-Henri Mathieu v Bye

Marin Cilic v Jurgen Melzer

(WC)Dan Evans v (WC)Xavier Malisse

(WC)Josh Goodall v (11)Lleyton Hewitt

(13)Janko Tipsarevic v Ivan Navarro

Bobby Reynolds v Ivo Minar

Flavio Cipolla v Roko Karanusic

Bye v (2)Novak Djokovic

Xoman
06-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Nadal has been mighty :bigclap:

Now the race to become #1 in the ATP rankings starts. I feel this is his year. He is going to become #1 sometime during the US open. He is very likely to win Wimbledon this year. His backhand slice has improved and so has his serve. He is got a better chance this year.

Now I am going to remove the dust from my crystal ball in order to get my prediction right for the MIT.

yana
06-08-2008, 05:14 PM
I say Final this year. He'll lose to A-Rod though :rolleyes:

cmurray
06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
OF exit. :lol: He's got Dr. Ivo.

Tess Gray
06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
I say semis... :)

tennizen
06-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Semis is my prediction.

MariaV
06-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Umm yeah semis, and wouldn't Roddick be his opponent in the semis? :o I am too excited and distracted to thinks straight. :lol:
Roddick had some back problems, no? I wonder how ready he is for grass this year.

GuiroNl
06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
SFs for me as well. Couldn't care though, most unimportant tournament in the year for Nadal but good to get grass under his feet.

raven gypsy
06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Now I am going to remove the dust from my crystal ball in order to get my prediction right for the MIT.

Can I borrow that when you're done? QF for me, I guess :confused:
He really only needs a few rounds to get comfortable on grass again...

l_mac
06-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I think QF.

I'm not saying he tanks, but he does always seem to get a few matches in and then back to Manacor for a few days.

Great entry list for Queens this year. Hope Murray or Nalby win (if rafa does indeed lose early)

Getta
06-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Can I borrow that when you're done? QF for me, I guess :confused:
He really only needs a few rounds to get comfortable on grass again...

I basically agree with you but I'll say Rafa will WIN Queen's this year. A large variety of answers is always good, I think.

Metis
06-08-2008, 11:41 PM
The suspense is mounting :scared: now that the clay season is over... :D Let's see who will get it right http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/crystalball.gif

How far will Rafa go in Queens? (45 points at stake)

1st – Bye
2nd -
3rd -
QF - cmurray, l_mac, Metis, raven gypsy, Xristos, Bachelor Dandy
SF - GuiroNl, MariaV, nashty, rafa maniac, shawshank, tennischeto, tennizen, Tess Gray, TMJordan, Xoman
F - yana
W- Getta, NaDALiTa

Current standings after Roland Garros: :D

GuiroNl __________560
nashty___________560
Xoman___________560

cmurray _________ 500

Blaze-2004 _______460
Foxy ____________460
Getta____________460
hra87 ___________460
MariaV___________460
NaDaLiTa_________460
raven_gypsy______ 460
Tnn74 ___________460

scarecrows _______400
tangerine_dream ___400

elessar___________300
M.C. _____________300
Luvyoyoma1954____300
spriwi____________300
tennischeto________300
TMJordan _________300

Denisse __________260
The Pro __________260

rafa_maniac_______200
Tess Gray_________200
Xristos ___________200

platinum__________160

acionescu_________100
Heavenseventeen___100
tennizen__________100

Agassi Fan_________60

l_mac
06-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Metis, we suck at this game :sad:

NaDALiTa
06-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Rafa said he rent a house in London to get prepared for Wimbly so he'll play the Queen's till the end!I'd go for a WIN (i'm craazy post FO effect) :lol:

Metis
06-09-2008, 12:20 AM

I know :rolls:

Although it would be a bit strange if I ended up winning the ...Metis Invitational. :lol: I might even be accused of tampering with the results. :sad:

Rafa said he rent a house in London to get prepared for Wimbly so he'll play the Queen's till the end!I'd go for a WIN (i'm craazy post FO effect) :lol:

Yes, I don't think he ever goes home between Queens and Wimbly so why not win the whole thing anyway? :p
Is he rooming with Lalo again? :lol:

NaDALiTa
06-09-2008, 12:44 AM
He said on French Tv he stayed the week after the Queen's in London and he didn't mention who he's rooming with,but Rafa's always ready to give a hand to homeless friends :lol: :lol:

TMJordan
06-09-2008, 02:37 AM
It's a werid draw for Rafa, I will go with Semi Final. Please prove me wrong Rafa and win :inlove:

Metis
06-09-2008, 03:35 AM
^^^ :lol:

He said on French Tv he stayed the week after the Queen's in London and he didn't mention who he's rooming with,but Rafa's always ready to give a hand to homeless friends :lol: :lol:

This year he wants to focus on the elusive W title; no need for distractions and having to wait for hours for Feli to get out of the bathroom :p

Tnn74
06-09-2008, 04:51 AM
Hmm... I was trying to soak in the RG victory some more...
but I guess it's time to look ahead to the green pasture...
I think he has a good chance to get to the Semi's here, then
of course I'm still uncertain beyond that because of the
booming Roddick serve... but I could be wrong :angel:
anyway, as long as he gets some good matches under his belt to
head into Wimbly with more confidence (hopefully not to battle
mother nature again this year, no? :scared:)

rafa_maniac
06-09-2008, 06:55 AM
I seem to be alone on this, but Queens is almost the one title apart from the grand slams that I want Rafa to win the most. The reason being that he has done so so well on grass the past few years that I truly wish for him to own at least one title on that surface, it would solidify his place as the #2 on grass. I also think the more matches he wins at Queens, the easier it will be for him in the early rounds of Wimby (which I desperately want him to get this year...). I'll say semis though, it's so soon after the effort of winning a grand slam, and on clay no less, the grass is fast and the matches are only best of three. I hope to be wrong!

yana
06-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I don't have any point til now :sad: Can I get some points if he get higher than my prediction? :p

Tnn74
06-09-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't have any point til now :sad: Can I get some points if he get higher than my prediction? :p

Yana, dear :hug:
you picked for Rafa to lose in the SF at RG...
and to all people :ras: :shrug:

Xristos
06-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I say QF.

nashty
06-09-2008, 09:51 AM
what is he defending here? QF?
anyway, I just expect him to defend his points or go one step further than last year. so i guess, SF for me. I just want him to have a nice preparation for his Wimbledon run so I do not care much about this one.

*Rafa, you're allowed to tarnish my MIT record only if you will go further than my prediction. even better if you'll win it. ;)

yana
06-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Yana, dear :hug:
you picked for Rafa to lose in the SF at RG...
and to all people :ras: :shrug:

It's because people here say I'm a jinxer :sad: That's why I never pick him to win. But I'm glad when he prove me wrong :worship:

shawshank
06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Semifinal for Rafa in Queens! And then rest and win Wimby :)

Metis
06-09-2008, 04:03 PM

No :ras:

It's because people here say I'm a jinxer :sad: That's why I never pick him to win. But I'm glad when he prove me wrong :worship:

excuses :p

:lol:

Metis
06-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Bjorkman defeated Kunitsyn in 3 sets today and will be Rafa's 2nd round opponent.

Rafa is also playing doubles with Mariano Hood (never heard of him to be honest). Here's the draw:

(1) BRYAN, Bob(USA)/BRYAN, Mike(USA)/Bye
FISH, Mardy(USA)/QUERREY, Sam(USA) v CILIC, Marin(CRO)/KARLOVIC, Ivo(CRO)
DJOKOVIC, Novak(SRB)/TIPSAREVIC, Janko(SRB) v CLEMENT, Arnaud(FRA)/GROSJEAN, Sebastien(FRA)
Bye/(5)MELO, Marcelo(BRA)/SA, Andre(BRA)

(4) COETZEE, Jeff(RSA)/MOODIE, Wesley(RSA)/Bye
RAM, Rajeev(USA)/BUTORAC, Eric(USA) v RATIWATANA, Sanchai(THA)/RATIWATANA, Sonchat(THA)
BOLELLI, Simone(ITA)/SEPPI, Andreas(ITA) v GUCCIONE, Chris(AUS)/HEWITT, Lleyton(AUS)
Bye/(6)MIRNYI, Max(BLR)/MURRAY, Jamie(GBR)

(7) KERR, Jordan(AUS)/CERMAK, Frantisek(CZE)/Bye
VERDASCO, Fernando(ESP)/LOPEZ, Feliciano(ESP) v ANCIC, Mario(CRO)/MELZER, Jurgen(AUT)
(WC) MURRAY, Andy(GBR)/VALLVERDU, Daniel(VEN) v GASQUET, Richard(FRA)/MAHUT, Nicolas(FRA)
Bye/(3)ULLYETT, Kevin(ZIM)/BJORKMAN, Jonas(SWE)

(8) BHUPATHI, Mahesh(IND)/BOPANNA, Rohan(IND)/Bye
NADAL, Rafael(ESP)/HOOD, Mariano(ARG) v GONZALEZ, Fernando(CHI)/LAPENTTI, Nicolas(ECU)
SAFIN, Marat(RUS)/MATHIEU, Paul-Henri(FRA) v PERRY, Todd(AUS)/HANLEY, Paul(AUS)
Bye/(2) NESTOR, Daniel(CAN)/ZIMONJIC, Nenad(SRB)

EDIT: Here's Hood's ATP profile: http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/playerprofiles/?playernumber=H322

MariaV
06-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Rafa's doubles match is last on center tomorrow. VAMOS! :banana: :bounce:
Don't try too hard, Rafa. :o

Tnn74
06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
I knew for some reason he was going to play doubles...
I've just never heard of Mariano Hood...? :shrug:

Xoman
06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Looks like the crystal ball is unable to make a prediction for this one, so I am just rolling a dice. Result .... SF

Put me down for Semifinal at the MIT. Thanks

Can I borrow that (crystal ball) when you're done?

Certainly, here it is: :)

http://www.metronetiq.com/archives/crystal%20ball/crystal-ball.jpg

Do you know how to use it? I couldn't find an online manual. :angel:

l_mac
06-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Rafa was on the practise courts tonight, straight from the train it looked like (according to a poster at vb)

So dedicated :inlove: :hearts:

Getta
06-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Tuesday OoP

CENTRE COURT

Matches start at 12:30 PM
Daniel EVANS vs. Xavier MALISSE

followed by
Sebastien GROSJEAN vs. Andy MURRAY

followed by
Fernando GONZALEZ vs. Richard BLOOMFIELD

followed by
Feliciano LOPEZ vs. Nicolas MAHUT

followed by
Mariano HOOD/Rafael NADAL vs. Fernando GONZALEZ/Nicolas LAPENTTI

Bibberz
06-10-2008, 02:22 AM
I say QF. I hope he wins, obviously, but he seems particularly vulnerable on grass in the best-of-three-sets format.

NaDALiTa
06-10-2008, 10:52 AM
crazy rafa plays the double :eek: :eek:

Xoman
06-10-2008, 11:30 AM

I don't regard it as crazy. In doubles you get to practice your volley. And I think this is a good thing. This tournament is like practice sessions ... And I am not overly concerned about "burn out" because Nadal has come out of RG quite fresh IMHO.

Is all looking good for Wimbledon.

raven gypsy
06-10-2008, 12:04 PM

:lol: Mainly we just keep underestimating him..
too afraid to jinx. :angel:

M.C.
06-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Put me down for a QF in the MIT! :D

acionescu
06-10-2008, 04:03 PM
SF for me Metis :wavey: I would have picked F but there he could meet The Skull and I'm not making the same mistake again! :scared:

Xristos
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Who is the Skull?

Dr. Ivo?

Getta
06-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Who is the Skull?

Novak.

Dr. Ivo?

No. It would be impossible as Ivo is in Rafa's half. You have to read carefully acionescu's post.

SF for me Metis :wavey: I would have picked F but there he could meet The Skull and I'm not making the same mistake again! :scared:

It's pretty clear, I think.

NaDALiTa
06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't regard it as crazy. In doubles you get to practice your volley. And I think this is a good thing. This tournament is like practice sessions ... And I am not overly concerned about "burn out" because Nadal has come out of RG quite fresh IMHO.

Is all looking good for Wimbledon.

Sure it's a good way to practice but he's gonna pay the price during hard court season,he's going to exhausted :sad:

MariaV
06-10-2008, 07:39 PM
FINALLY Rafa and Hood managed to lose the doubles 6-7 (4) 5-7. :D
VAMOS tomorrow! :banana: :yippee: :bigclap:

spriwi
06-10-2008, 07:51 PM
W for me metis.

i m drunk i guess :rolls:

MariaV
06-10-2008, 08:05 PM
OOP for tomorrow, Rafa is second on Centre. VAMOS! :banana: :bounce: :bigclap:

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 (First Matches Start at 12:30 PM)
CENTRE COURT
(3)A. Roddick (USA) v R. Ginepri (USA)
(1)R. Nadal (ESP) v (WC)J. Bjorkman (SWE)

I'm getting really worried about Ivo in the qf btw. :scared: :unsure: :o :o

GuiroNl
06-10-2008, 08:06 PM

How else is he going to adjust to returning serve and hitting groundstrokes on the grass. One doubles match will be of more worth than 5 practice sessions.

tennizen
06-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I think Bjorkman is a scary first round opponent for Nadal. I am not sure he will get through this round:sad:

hra87
06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Put me down for Semis, but I might change my mind, depending on how roddick is playing.

elessar
06-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Put me down for the quarters, if he plays Ivo he's not winning that match :sad:

Metis
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Update:

1st – Bye
2nd -
3rd -
QF - cmurray, elessar, l_mac, Metis, M.C., raven gypsy, Xristos, Bachelor Dandy
SF - acionescu, GuiroNl, hra87, MariaV, nashty, rafa maniac, shawshank, tennischeto, tennizen, Tess Gray, TMJordan, Tnn74, Xoman
F - yana
W- Getta, NaDALiTa, spriwi

lara2.ribeiro
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Game set and match for Rafa xDDDD

why is he wearing the FO outfit???? why?

spriwi
06-11-2008, 02:40 PM
6-2 6-2 :d

tennizen
06-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I think Bjorkman is a scary first round opponent for Nadal. I am not sure he will get through this round:sad:

:lol::rolleyes:

l_mac
06-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Game set and match for Rafa xDDDD

why is he wearing the FO outfit???? why?
He always wears his FO outfit at Queens.

All the smart kids :worship: And Xristos.

Metis
06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
^^^ :spit:

Xoman
06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi all,

I am at home, working from home and I have watched Nadal match on TV. I am amazed how well he is adapted to grass already.
He is being interviewed at BBC at the moment. He is just stated that "after here, for sure, I am going home for 2 or 3 days in order to rest mentally". So I don't think he intends to win this tournament.

MariaV
06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi all,

I am at home, working from home and I have watched Nadal match on TV. I am amazed how well he is adapted to grass already.
He is being interviewed at BBC at the moment. He is just stated that "after here, for sure, I am going home for 2 or 3 days in order to rest mentally". So I don't think he intends to win this tournament.

:yeah: Never in doubt. :D

Metis
06-11-2008, 06:31 PM
OOP for Thursday, June 12, 2008 (Matches Start at 12:30 PM)

CENTRE COURT

A. Roddick (USA) v M.Fish (USA)
E. Gulbis (LAT) v. A. Murray (GBR)
R. Nadal (ESP) v K. Nishikori (JPN)
N. Djokovic (SRB) v. J. Tipsarevic (SRB)

Tnn74
06-11-2008, 09:36 PM
great win today Rafa! :yeah:

Metis, I got SF for MIT please :angel:

NaDALiTa
06-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi all,

Rafa think abt the people who play at MIT :o:o:o:o don't go bck to Manacor and win the Queen's!!

cmurray
06-11-2008, 09:43 PM
He always wears his FO outfit at Queens.

All the smart kids :worship: And Xristos.

:lol: Linda, you kill me.

Tnn74
06-12-2008, 12:49 AM
OOP for tomorrow...
good luck Rafa! :hug:

CENTER
Matches Start At: 12:30 PM
Andy RODDICK (USA) vs Mardy FISH (USA)
followed by
Ernests GULBIS (LAT) vs Andy MURRAY (GBR)
followed by
Rafael NADAL (ESP) vs Kei NISHIKORI (JPN)
followed by
Janko TIPSAREVIC (SRB) vs Novak DJOKOVIC (SRB)
followed by
Bob BRYAN (USA)/Mike BRYAN (USA) vs Rik DE VOEST (RSA)/Chris HAGGARD (RSA) or Marcelo MELO (BRA)/Andre SA (BRA)

NaDALiTa
06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
hope Rafa will play after cycling...because ES shows cycling instead of the Queens :(

Metis
06-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi all,

He can still win the tournament, go home for 3 days and be back in London 4 days before Wimbledon starts. The way I see it, if he reaches the SF he will definitely fight for it.

great win today Rafa! :yeah:

Metis, I got SF for MIT please :angel:

Sorry, too late. :p

Mimi
06-12-2008, 02:43 AM
pls get to at least quarter final or semi, its rare that i have tv coverage, i wanted to watch, you know, no tv coverage for FO:shout:

Getta
06-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Vamos, Rafa!!! :bounce:

Tnn74
06-12-2008, 06:08 AM
Sorry, too late. :p

What?! no fair! I've said semi's since the 8th of June on my post :sad:

Xoman
06-12-2008, 08:00 AM
hope Rafa will play after cycling...because ES shows cycling instead of the Queens :(

NaDALiTa, have you tried the TVUPlayer from TVU Networks?
http://www.tvunetworks.com/
It has hundreds of channels all over the world. Perhaps one of the sport channels around the world may show it (albeit unlikely)

Better still, it appears the BBC will show live Queens through the internet. See here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7446037.stm

And now that I am on a roll with internet links, :cool: you may appreciate watching the following video of Nadal training at Queens:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7448240.stm

He can still win the tournament, go home for 3 days and be back in London 4 days before Wimbledon starts. The way I see it, if he reaches the SF he will definitely fight for it.

Metis, I wrote in haste. I didn't explain myself properly. What I wanted to say was:
During the interview the last question by Sue Barker (the presenter & interviewer) asked him: "are you going back to Majorca or you staying here after Queens?"
From Nadal's body language, the way he stressed "after here, for sure ..." I got the meaning that going down to his family "for 3 or 4 days" is like sacrosanct and that it is already "on the schedule". In some way I do understand, he needs to "disconnect" from competition for a few days and I wonder if just 4 days is enough. So, it won't surprise me an exit prior to the final of Queens. After all, it is not his fault. It is the fault of the ATP compressing the calendar and allowing only 2 weeks between French Open and the start of Wimbledon.

But I do agree with you that he "still" can win this tournament. ;-) But it is worth it to get closer to "mental exhaustion" by trying to win Queens? I don't think so.

Metis
06-12-2008, 02:02 PM
What?! no fair! I've said semi's since the 8th of June on my post :sad:

Hmmm OK I'll put you in. I saw your post but I guess it wasn't clear to me that you were making a prediction.

Metis, I wrote in haste. I didn't explain myself properly. What I wanted to say was:
During the interview the last question by Sue Barker (the presenter & interviewer) asked him: "are you going back to Majorca or you staying here after Queens?"
From Nadal's body language, the way he stressed "after here, for sure ..." I got the meaning that going down to his family "for 3 or 4 days" is like sacrosanct and that it is already "on the schedule". In some way I do understand, he needs to "disconnect" from competition for a few days and I wonder if just 4 days is enough. So, it won't surprise me an exit prior to the final of Queens. After all, it is not his fault. It is the fault of the ATP compressing the calendar and allowing only 2 weeks between French Open and the start of Wimbledon.

But I do agree with you that he "still" can win this tournament. ;-) But it is worth it to get closer to "mental exhaustion" by trying to win Queens? I don't think so.

Well we'll have to wait and see; if Nadal wins today he plays Karlovic tomorrow :tape: so a QF exit is not unlikely...

Foxy
06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I am sorry, I couldn't post my prediction for this week's MIT tournament. It's the first time I miss it. I hope Rafa performs satisfactory.

tangerine_dream
06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I completely forgot to get my MIT pick in. :mad:

I hope Rafa can be done with Kei and then for the good of mankind he must destroy Karlovic. Ivo is a blight on the nice green grass tennis courts.

There really needs to be a break between RG and Halle/Queens. How can anybody get excited about playing Halle/Queens after all that drama of winning RG? How do Roger and Rafa stay focused and not crash out in the first round? I'd be like: 'Still celebrating my record-breaking fourth straight win. See you at Wimbledon!'
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/eatdrink007.gif

Aenea
06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
For the moment I'd be glad if he gets over Kei. :unsure:

I hope Rafa stays healthy and injury free for Wimbledon. This grass is dangerous. :scared:

Metis
06-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Nadal-Nishikori 6-4 3-6 6-3 :yeah:

Nice match! Rafa didn't play badly at all and Nishikori showed some pretty good stuff

Getta
06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Vamos, Rafa!!! :bounce:

NaDALiTa
06-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Grass has the same effect than sleeping pills for me,even watching Rafa becomes a nightmare :lol: Nishikori took his chance and he was right because Rafa isn't completely ready on grass.Tomorrow vs Karlovic it will be another story since Rafa should have only a few chances to break Karlo.I'll drink coffee to stay awake!Grass is gross!:tape:

Aenea
06-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Well done, Rafa. Tough match today, good practice for you.
Even though I'd like to see Rafa beating that freak Karlovic I prefer he tanks the match and goes to Mallorca for a well deserved rest. I think Rafa is mentally exhausted.
Still

Good luck tomorrow, Rafa. :hearts:

Tnn74
06-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Hmmm OK I'll put you in. I saw your post but I guess it wasn't clear to me that you were making a prediction.

Thank You :hug: I'll be sure to make it clear next time :)

Anyway, Tough fight today for Rafito from Kei...
now he should know what to expect comes Wimbledon
with all the contenders... great win Rafa :hug:
Good luck against the serving giant :bounce:

Metis
06-12-2008, 08:34 PM
OOP for Friday, June 13, 2008

CENTRE COURT (start 12:30 PM)

(1)R. Nadal (ESP) v (8)I. Karlovic (CRO)
(3)A. Roddick (USA) v (6)A. Murray (GBR)
(11)L. Hewitt (AUS) v (2)N. Djokovic (SRB)
(5)R. Gasquet (FRA) v (4)D. Nalbandian (ARG)

Doubles
E Butorac (USA)/R. Ram (USA) v (6)M. Mirnyi (BLR)/J. Murray (GBR)

I want my losing streak to continue :awww:

l_mac
06-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I hope I (we) win. He looks tired, and I'm sure he'd rather be at home than playing the finals weekend.

Metis
06-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I hope I (we) win. He looks tired, and I'm sure he'd rather be at home than playing the finals weekend.

I didn't notice him looking tired, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was after the clay season. I know most people are saying the opposite but I think he wants to do better this year. Tomorrow's match shouldn't take too long either, probably 1 minute for each game on Ivo's serve :lol:

NaDALiTa
06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Rafa has better stop playing,otherwise he'll be totally out of gas physically and mentally...don't mind loosing point at MIT :shrug: :lol:

Mimi
06-13-2008, 02:33 AM
:mad:the first one to play? thats mean i can't watch coz it will be 6:30 pm my time, most probably still working in office, should record the match in advance :mad:

hra87
06-13-2008, 05:00 AM
I just put in hidden bets on rafa and against djokovic.

I don't think I've ever done that and won money.

MariaV
06-13-2008, 06:44 AM
:mad:the first one to play? thats mean i can't watch coz it will be 6:30 pm my time, most probably still working in office, should record the match in advance :mad:

Yeah, inconvenient for me too. :( And why did they have to put him first? :mad: Does he want to lose as soon and as quickly as possible? :rolleyes:

I like that Nishikori kid btw. :D And no I am not jumping on a bandwagon.

I just put in hidden bets on rafa and against djokovic.

I don't think I've ever done that and won money.

Do you mean a bet with real money, Hamid? :o

I wonder if Rafa was up half the night again watching basketball. :rolleyes:
Need to go to VB to check that out. :bolt:

Mimi
06-13-2008, 06:53 AM
i want him to win this super large gold trophy, well, but most probably he would be beaten, Kalovic's serve is almost unreturnable :ras::ras:

Yeah, inconvenient for me too. :( And why did they have to put him first? :mad: Does he want to lose as soon and as quickly as possible? :rolleyes:

I like that Nishikori kid btw. :D And no I am not jumping on a bandwagon.

tennizen
06-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Still surviving in MIT. Now if he has beaten Karlovic he might as well beat Roddick.

Foxy
06-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Roddick will be tougher. He is not that awkward on the court. Come on, Rafa, kick some more arses.

Aenea
06-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Rafa won :woohoo: :woohoo:

We are into the semis already!! :bigclap:

Go Rafa, trash Roddick. :music:

Foxy, Roddick is a better tennis player than Karlovic but he's not winning convincingly here. I watched his 1st match and the 1 tie-break set vs Fish. He's having troubles as well and he's coming back from an injury. He didn't have much match practice here since he played 4 sets only and 2 of them were pretty easy. Roddick is definitely beatable but it will depend of Rafa's will to make the final or go for a rest. His last 2 matches were physically and mentally draining.

Metis
06-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Nadal-Karlovic 6-7 7-6 7-6 :banana:

Many losers today :D

1st – Bye
2nd -
3rd -
SF - acionescu, GuiroNl, hra87, MariaV, nashty, rafa maniac, shawshank, tennischeto, tennizen, Tess Gray, TMJordan, Tnn74, Xoman
F - yana

cmurray, elessar, l_mac, Metis, M.C., raven gypsy, Xristos, Bachelor Dandy you know what's coming:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/fail-dogfood.jpg

hra87
06-13-2008, 04:01 PM

Oh god no, I'm not stupid to bet with real money. No, vcash. I don't feel so stupid to have bet on Hewitt, it was good odds...how was I supposed to know he was going to be asleep during the match?

Anyway, Rafa won, so all was not lost.

And I think he'll lose to Roddick tomorrow. Rafa can't return a first serve to save his life, so he'll be in a similair situation with regards to breaks. And Roddick can return a lot better than Dr. Ivo. So...

And is Rafa a basketball fan? That was a great game last night, really fun. I was hoping the Celtics would win (though it's been obvious the whole series that they were playing better than the Lakers).

tangerine_dream
06-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Bamos, grass god Rafa. Thank you for taking out the Croatian trash today. :worship:

Time to do my Rafa-Andy semifinal happy dance. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/dance001.gif

Aenea
06-13-2008, 06:42 PM
And is Rafa a basketball fan? That was a great game last night, really fun. I was hoping the Celtics would win (though it's been obvious the whole series that they were playing better than the Lakers).
He's a close friend with Pau Gasol :D so that makes him a basketball fan, right. :)

Vamos, Rafa. Good luck tomorrow vs Roddick. :yippee:

yana
06-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Bamos, grass god Rafa. Thank you for taking out the Croatian trash today. :worship:

Time to do my Rafa-Andy semifinal happy dance. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/dance001.gif

A Rod will eat Rafitito alive. :sad:

tennizen
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM

:rolls: Great smiley.

cmurray
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM

I thought that too...but if Rafa plays smart he can beat Roddick. Andy is better off the ground than Karlovic, but not as good at net. It he brings Andy in a lot, he'll have a real shot. :shrug: Don't know why I'm being optimistic. it's really not like me. :lol:

MariaV
06-13-2008, 08:09 PM

Never in doubt. :o Then he can finally fly home for a couple of days. :D

The OOP for tomorrow, Rafa baby is up first. VAMOS anyway! :banana: :bigclap:

Saturday, June 14, 2008

CENTRE COURT (start 1:15 PM)
(1)R. Nadal (ESP) v (3)A. Roddick (USA)
(4)D. Nalbandian (ARG) v (2)N. Djokovic (SRB)

l_mac
06-13-2008, 08:11 PM
The Queen's tournament director must be dancing a jig.

No win in MIT yet :mad:

GuiroNl
06-13-2008, 10:00 PM
It is the fault of the ATP compressing the calendar and allowing only 2 weeks between French Open and the start of Wimbledon.

Apart from the fact that it's not the ATP but the ITF who organizes the Slams I think it's the best thing in tennis, these 2 weeks between the RG and SW19. Any player who completes the impossible double in such a short time span deserves a statue IMO.

I thought that too...but if Rafa plays smart he can beat Roddick. Andy is better off the ground than Karlovic, but not as good at net. It he brings Andy in a lot, he'll have a real shot. :shrug: Don't know why I'm being optimistic. it's really not like me. :lol:

And Karlovic serves better than Roddick. Nadal will want to get the rallies started of Roddick's serve because he can dominate him from the baseline.

NaDALiTa
06-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry for his fans but players like Karlovic should be forbidden on a tennis court :lol: he kills the game!he almost never hit a ball...only serve serve serve...Rafa was brave to stay till the end of the match,he looked so bored on Karlo's serves.Tomorrow vs Roddick there will be more game.

Tnn74
06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
:woohoo: Rafa, you crazy boy goin' 3 tiebreaks :eek:
Is it true that he didn't even face a break point...? :lol:
Good luck against the other serving machine Rafa! :hug:

Your good friend Pau could use some of that fighting spirit :ras:

Mimi
06-14-2008, 02:21 AM
rafa first again? then i have to be quick, eat the dinner as quick as i could, wash my hairs and take a shower before 7:30 pm :bolt::yippee:
Never in doubt. :o Then he can finally fly home for a couple of days. :D

The OOP for tomorrow, Rafa baby is up first. VAMOS anyway! :banana: :bigclap:

Saturday, June 14, 2008

CENTRE COURT (start 1:15 PM)
(1)R. Nadal (ESP) v (3)A. Roddick (USA)
(4)D. Nalbandian (ARG) v (2)N. Djokovic (SRB)

raven gypsy
06-14-2008, 02:27 AM
So Rafa hates losing more than he wants to go
home and see he sweetie :rolleyes:

WHO KNEW? :shrug:

Boy, when he smiled after that one point today,
I was like "hello" :cool:

Metis
06-14-2008, 02:30 AM
rafa first again? then i have to be quick, eat the dinner as quick as i could, wash my hairs and take a shower before 7:30 pm :bolt::yippee:

...and I'll have to wake up, take a shower and eat breakfast before 8:30 on a Saturday morning. :(

So Rafa hates losing more than he wants to go
home and see he sweetie :rolleyes:

The BBC commentators said that the women in the crowd really appreciated that moment. :lol:

Mimi
06-14-2008, 02:38 AM
well,, our custom is different, we chinese people used to take showers at night and not morning (but in summar i used take showers both in the morning and night too), i find it a bit strange for people to shower in the morning instead of at night, coz for sure your body will get dirt after one day's work right? especially in summar, sweating a lot, but lie on your clean bed with your stinky body? :confused:
...and I'll have to wake up, take a shower and eat breakfast before 8:30 on a Saturday morning. :(

The BBC commentators said that the women in the crowd really appreciated that moment. :lol:

Metis
06-14-2008, 02:48 AM
well,, our custom is different, we chinese people used to take showers at night and not morning (but in summar i used take showers both in the morning and night too), i find it a bit strange for people to shower in the morning instead of at night, coz for sure your body will get dirt after one day's work right? especially in summar, sweating a lot, but lie on your clean bed with your stinky body? :confused:

Well in the summer I usually take a shower in the evening as well. In the winter you don't get so dirty in one day unless your job involves physical labor or you sweat a lot. :shrug:

Mimi
06-14-2008, 02:59 AM
may be your winter is colder, coz the fat mimi still sweat sometimes in winter :o:wavey:
Well in the summer I usually take a shower in the evening as well. In the winter you don't get so dirty in one day unless your job involves physical labor or you sweat a lot. :shrug:

raven gypsy
06-14-2008, 03:07 AM
Rafa, Rafa, Rafa... he needs to get home...
Why didn't he just listen to us and lose today :confused:

"It was a tough win today, no? Tough because tonight I could have had Friday night in Mallorca,” Nadal joked.

“I need three days off. Four would be amazing! I’ve spent nine days in the last four months at home. I need to be with friends, family, forget the tennis for a few days. I need to play some golf.”

He also mentioned that his knees were bothering him a little bit.

Reuters via Yahoo!

Mimi
06-14-2008, 03:38 AM
no rafa should not go home until sunday ;), why to ask him lose a match? This is not the spirit of a champion, rafa never tanked matches :rolleyes:

Rafa, Rafa, Rafa... he needs to get home...
Why didn't he just listen to us and lose today :confused:

"It was a tough win today, no? Tough because tonight I could have had Friday night in Mallorca,” Nadal joked.

“I need three days off. Four would be amazing! I’ve spent nine days in the last four months at home. I need to be with friends, family, forget the tennis for a few days. I need to play some golf.”

He also mentioned that his knees were bothering him a little bit.

Reuters via Yahoo!

cc2monac
06-14-2008, 09:05 AM
I can't beleive rafa won this match! He really impressed me! and i agree with mimi ;) a true champion never surrender!

nashty
06-14-2008, 02:14 PM
and i lost :(

I thought Rafa wants to go back home now and play golf?! oh well, i just hope we'll have two winners in this tourney. btw, we're so many losers today. :)) glad to lose though.

Aenea
06-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Rafa defeated Roddick :woohoo:

I knew he could do it :D I'm so happy I lost MIT this time. :banana:

Go, Rafa. You reached the final and you are staying 1 more day in London. Do your best and win Queen's. :rocker2:

P.S. 3 winners, nashty :) - W- Getta, NaDALiTa, spriwi

Metis
06-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Nadal-Roddick 7-5 6-4 :banana: :woohoo:

Who cares about Mallorca now? :D

1st – Bye
2nd -
3rd -
F - yana

acionescu, GuiroNl, hra87, MariaV, nashty, rafa maniac, shawshank, tennischeto, tennizen, Tess Gray, TMJordan, Tnn74, Xoman

sorry guys, YOU LOST :ras:

http://controllercode.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/pwned.jpg

yana :armed:

l_mac
06-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Good Luck Getta and NaDaLiTa :woohoo:

nashty
06-14-2008, 02:26 PM

oh yeah! i looked at the first page and didn't see spriwi there. okay then, 3 winners please. :)

Xoman
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Oh dear!

We got ourselves a "final" :-)
Common Nadal!

l_mac
06-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Ugh.

Djokovic :scared: :unsure:

Already the 4th meeting this year.

spriwi
06-14-2008, 04:12 PM

i don't like you neither :wavey:

btw, better djoko than *nalby* for me :cool:

/**edit, accidently wrote nadal which obviously was not true ;) /

raven gypsy
06-14-2008, 04:16 PM
no rafa should not go home until sunday ;), why to ask him lose a match? This is not the spirit of a champion, rafa never tanked matches :rolleyes:

Mimi, I was just playing..;) not a serious post.

BAMOS.. go all the way!

Aenea
06-14-2008, 04:29 PM

btw, better djoko than nadal for me :cool:

How come? :confused: You were the one who said

in nole's forum they have a thread to meet the new members, help them feel at home there. that's how fan community can expand. i won't join it cause i dont like nole, but i must admit most of his fans are less offensive than you i_mac.

i am a huge fan of rafa for quite a time now. i keep my fingers crossed every tourney, every match.

You have switched sides? :sad:

rafa_maniac
06-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Yay! I lost! Now go and get your first grass title baby!

cmurray
06-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Yay! I lost! Now go and get your first grass title baby!

:woohoo:

lara2.ribeiro
06-14-2008, 06:20 PM
does anyone know the schedule for tomorrow???

NaDALiTa
06-14-2008, 06:21 PM

Rafa defeated Roddick :woohoo:

I knew he could do it :D I'm so happy I lost MIT this time. :banana:

Go, Rafa. You reached the final and you are staying 1 more day in London. Do your best and win Queen's. :rocker2:

Hope this will happen (not for the MIT but for our Rafa!!!)A title on grass would be amazing, beating the joker :devil: would taste even sweetier :p:angel:

Getta
06-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Vamos, Rafa! :bounce:

spriwi
06-14-2008, 07:43 PM
How come? :confused: You were the one who said

You have switched sides? :sad:

nah, just a typo for me :p unfortunate, i must admit, edited already :o

dunno why i wrote nadal instead of nalby. or wait, finally i m a rafaTARD ;) :D

spriwi
06-14-2008, 07:45 PM
does anyone know the schedule for tomorrow???

CENTRE COURT (start 2:00 PM)
(1)R. Nadal (ESP) v (2)N. Djokovic (SRB)
Doubles
(5)M. Melo (BRA)
A. Sa (BRA) v
(2)D. Nestor (CAN)
N. Zimonjic (SRB)

tangerine_dream
06-14-2008, 08:41 PM
That match with Karlovic woke Rafa up. I think before he was like "OK I'll get some grass practice in and then I can go home." but after he beat the serving giant a lightbulb went off and he got it into his head that he can win this thing. Why tank when you're thisclose to winning your first grass title? Bamos, Rafa, that was well played today. :hatoff:

Now it's time to do my Rafa-Nole happy dance. http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/lulu5_02/th7c1ee5ec.gif

So Rafa hates losing more than he wants to go home and see he sweetie :rolleyes:

Where did that adorable smile come from? :inlove: Can somebody please upload a video of that part and loop it over a few times so that I can watch? Thanks. ;)

Meanwhile, these photos will have to do.

Aurora
06-14-2008, 09:21 PM
:hearts: the loverrrrrly smile

sK4cEPsDik0

at the end of the match he was smiling big time to his camp while muttering a "puta" :lol:
He was very expressive during the match ... I was afraid he'd lose his focus, but he didn't.

Metis
06-14-2008, 09:53 PM
^^^ :lol: at the commentators

Thanks for the photos tangy :hearts:

cmurray
06-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Was he actually calling Karlovic a puta? :rolls:

so much for Rafa the choir boy bit.:D

l_mac
06-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Was he actually calling Karlovic a puta? :rolls:

so much for Rafa the choir boy bit.:D

No, I think he was saying puta because he had to stay another day :rolls:

It's a general curse (like "shit") and shouldn't be literally translated.

Metis
06-14-2008, 10:02 PM
He wasn't calling Karlovic 'puta', it was probably an exclamation about the match itself, like"Fuck, this was hard'. :shrug:

cmurray
06-14-2008, 10:07 PM

ssssuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeeee. :lol:

just kidding. I'd say a lot worse than that if I had to play Karlovic. :D

Aurora
06-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah, he was clearly frustrated during the match with all the aces wizzing past. Although he did amuse himself by doing the penalty strategy: picking a corner before Ivo hit the ball. :o embarrasing when you pick the wrong corner though

TMJordan
06-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Djokovic will get him.

cmurray
06-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Djokovic will get him.

:ras:

Tnn74
06-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Yay! I lost in MIT! one more win Rafa!!!
go and get your first grass title kiddo! :bounce:
good luck against fakervic!!! :hug:

Yana, again you picked for him to lose to that little shit face :ras:

Tartarita
06-15-2008, 01:20 AM

I think puta is ruder than shit -although i do not know the level of rudeness of shit in english- but i think is ruder.
But it is impossible that Rafa would say that to karlovic. He is always very very polite. He would refer to the match itself or the situation.
btw i do not want rafa goes to wimbly tired!!
Suerte contra djoko!

star
06-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Where I come from saying "puta" is prelude to a fight. Right after "y tu mama"

Tnn74
06-15-2008, 01:39 AM
I think puta is ruder than shit -although i do not know the level of rudeness of shit in english- but i think is ruder.
But it is impossible that Rafa would say that to karlovic. He is always very very polite. He would refer to the match itself or the situation.
btw i do not want rafa goes to wimbly tired!!
Suerte contra djoko!

If he were to lose, he should have done so in the QF...
now that he is through to the finals, one more win will
not make a difference to his fitness... he's made it this far...
going back to Manacor with this title will still enable time
for golf and fishing :bounce: even then, I would rather he lost
Roddick than Djokovic... Anyone BUT Djokovic :ras:

RogiFan88
06-15-2008, 02:28 AM
no worries, Raf will steamroll NTG and make history [NTG will need much more than luck to pull this one off]

Aenea
06-15-2008, 09:05 AM
nah, just a typo for me :p unfortunate, i must admit, edited already :o

dunno why i wrote nadal instead of nalby. or wait, finally i m a rafaTARD ;) :D

Good to know you're still onboard :wavey:

Tangy, thanks for those lovely pics :hearts:

Vamos, Rafa!! You've come this far now don't give up to Djoko.
Good luck today, babe :inlove:

l_mac
06-15-2008, 12:21 PM

:baby:
Djokovic will get him.

:rocker2:

We know that, Jordan, we know.

Djokovic :mad: My most hated match up. Absolutely no silver linings to be found from this loss today, though I will try my damndest.

:(

Xoman
06-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Outstanding! :-)

Nadal wins in 2 sets 7-6 7-5

:bigclap:

Foxy
06-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Oh, man. Another non-clay title. First grass title! He has now titles on every possible surfaces. Clay, hard, indoors and now grass. Congratulations, mate! :D

lara2.ribeiro
06-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhh

Tnn74
06-15-2008, 04:01 PM
:woohoo: I love it! First grass title baby!
See you very soooooon Wimbledon! :bounce:
great job Rafito! now go home, go fishing, golfing...
uefa 2008... no tennis for a few days!!! :hug:

Metis
06-15-2008, 04:06 PM
:banana: :woohoo:

1st – Bye
2nd -
3rd -
F - yana

Getta, NaDALiTa, spriwi :worship: :worship: :worship: Sometimes it pays to be bold :D

http://www.storiesofwisdom.com/images/winner-win.jpg

Here's something for yana, today's happy loser: :p

http://www.geocities.com/hereditarybitch/pwned.jpg

I thought a football theme would be appropriate since it's Euro08 season and since many of you are probably tired of all the cats and dogs :sad:

Current standings after Queens: :dance:

GuiroNl __________560
nashty___________560
Xoman___________560

Getta____________505
NaDaLiTa_________505

cmurray _________ 500

Blaze-2004 _______460
Foxy ____________460
hra87 ___________460
MariaV___________460
raven_gypsy______ 460
Tnn74 ___________460

scarecrows _______400
tangerine_dream ___400

spriwi____________345

elessar___________300
M.C. _____________300
Luvyoyoma1954____300
tennischeto________300
TMJordan _________300

Denisse __________260
The Pro __________260

rafa_maniac_______200
Tess Gray_________200
Xristos ___________200

platinum__________160

acionescu_________100
Heavenseventeen___100
tennizen__________100

Agassi Fan_________60

Herdwick
06-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Nole fan here - think I will keep clear of GM but had to come here to congratulate Rafa - marvellous stuff again and coming straight after RG too.
Terrific final; he is rock solid mentally and simply refuses to lose. Unquestioned world number one on current form - I think Wimbledon should be his this year.

cc2monac
congrats rafa for your first title on grass! with this BIG trophy you'll never forget it! hope that soon we'll see him with some kind of golden plate...

Aenea
Rafa you are great :worship: Congratulations!!

I wish you a nice and happy rest at home. :)

alisia
06-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Congrats to Rafa for winning Queens :worship: great fightback in the second set especially :D

MariaV
06-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks a lot Alicia! :hatoff:

Well people, I am just :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Rafa, have some wonderful days on Mallorca! :D Wimbledon, here we come! :banana: :yippee: :dance: :bounce: :bigclap:

gebl
06-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Djokovic will get him.

:devil::devil:

congrats Rafa

Tnn74
06-15-2008, 04:45 PM
congrats rafa for your first title on grass! with this BIG trophy you'll never forget it! hope that soon we'll see him with some kind of golden plate...

No, no, no! not a plate...
we want the golden trophy...
plates are bad... we don't want plates :wavey:

wedda
06-15-2008, 04:46 PM
:bounce: Brilliant performance (from both actually;)) but much more from our Rafa.
Please bring this performance to wimbledon

Tartarita
06-15-2008, 04:53 PM
we don't want plates :wavey:

:lol:

MariaV
06-15-2008, 04:54 PM
No, no, no! not a plate...
we want the golden trophy...
plates are bad... we don't want plates :wavey:

YES YES, we want that golden cup that Roger has had for the last 5 years. :D :banana: :dance: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap:

cc2monac
06-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I realised too late I wrote plate...I guess I was thinking a little too much that I want sharapova to win it too and for the girl it's a golden plate...
but of course I want the man trophy for rafa!!! I'm sure this trophy will fit perfectly well with rafa's arms!

NaDALiTa
06-15-2008, 05:05 PM
http://smileyjungle.com/smilies/celebrate13.gifhttp://smileyjungle.com/smilies/celebrate14.gif A por Rafa oeeeeeeeee,a por rafa oeeeeeeeee!He was so cute when he said I never had such a big trophee :lol: The Joke looked so disappointed...and it makes me so rhappy (ala Rafa)

Tartarita
06-15-2008, 05:08 PM
http://hosting.deimagenes.com/imagenes/8d3f354316523156463cfd77e909ec94.jpg

CONGRATS RAFA, GREAT FIGHTER, GREAT PERSON, GREAT TENNIS PLAYER.
YOU WORTH THE BEST. GOD BLESS YOU

http://hosting.deimagenes.com/imagenes/943d4aa7fcc25c55176362543b02bbfb.bmp

Tartarita
06-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Nole fan here - think I will keep clear of GM but had to come here to congratulate Rafa - marvellous stuff again and coming straight after RG too.
Terrific final; he is rock solid mentally and simply refuses to lose. Unquestioned world number one on current form - I think Wimbledon should be his this year.

:worship:

Ales_Alessandra
06-15-2008, 05:33 PM
:worship: :worship:
:woohoo: :woohoo:
He was amazing, and now Ihave the real feeling that he can be a adorable surprise for FEDERER at Wimbly! :)
VAMOS RAFA!!! Looking forward to see in fact Nole and Rafa at the final!! It would be a hell final again!! :)
:hug: To all!

Jillian
06-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Congratulations Rafa, I am so proud of you!!!!!

gorgo1986
06-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Congrats Rafa, I am so proud of you, I feel lucky just being a fan. What you give this game is simply amazing. Today was a great accomplishment for you and for all of us fans and I hope this is just the beginning of an incredible chapter.

TE AMO RAFA!!!!!

VAMOSSSS!!!!!CAMPEON!!!!!!!!!

Grenouille
06-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Amazing

NaDALiTa
06-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Rafa comes back to London on Thursday.here is what Rafa told to the Spanish press after his victory:

"I had never win on grass.Now I have titles on every surfaces.For this I can say that i'm a more complete player than last week."(he said it joking) :lol:

"Impossible?It wasn't impossible to win this tournament but it was difficult.The draw really complicated.I've played well this week.I'm really happy.I felt good mentally and physically."

"I had a great level,I beat Karlovic,Roddick and especially Djokovic,if I wasn't playing well it would have been impossible."

"Winning the Queen's doesn't make any difference,the aim remains the same,i'll try to win Wimbledon that's for sure.:worship:This tournament is really important.However the victory in the Queen's gave me confidence."

"Wimbledon is beyond the most important tournaments,the motivation is at 100%.It doesn't matter if i'm mentally tired.The important is the physical aspect.I feel good physically"

Mimi
06-16-2008, 02:04 AM
:woohoo::bowdown::haha::yippee::music::rocker2::in love::aparty::smoke::tennis:

lovely people, do you know if this gigantic trophy would be given to him, or they just give me a replica :confused::mad:

Castafiore
06-16-2008, 07:53 AM
they just give me a replica :confused::mad:
I'm quite sure that they give him a replica, mimi.

Mimi
06-16-2008, 08:11 AM
thanks Castafiore :hug:

i thought the organiser was kind enough to give him the big one, coz he was posing with it at the locker room :ras::ras:
I'm quite sure that they give him a replica, mimi.

tennizen
06-16-2008, 12:44 PM
:woohoo: Amazing result.

linus
06-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Rafa' 1st grass title :aparty:

OMG my boy :bowdown:

Heavenseventeen
06-16-2008, 08:03 PM
I was screaming my head and my throat started to hurt but it was a GREAT match!! I was so scared at 3-0 to Djokovic, but Nadal made me proud and came back. Wow that trophy was HUGE!!

georgie23
06-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I Ball Girled At Queens :D

It was BRILLIANT (:

I accidently told Gasquet i was his No.1 fan :D
hehe

Mimi
06-17-2008, 02:36 AM
suddenl i remember, why no runner up plate or trophy for Novak? poor him, has to sit there like a fool :confused:

and i thought they might give rafa the big trophy? coz i did not see any replica there :confused:

Mimi
06-17-2008, 04:23 AM
wow, you are so lucky :D

It was BRILLIANT (:

hehe

Rafalover15
06-17-2008, 12:58 PM

It was BRILLIANT (:

hehe

Sooooooooooo lucky

was he hot?

tangerine_dream
06-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Congrats to Rafa on an excellent win, his first grass title. :worship:

Aw, Rafa's so cute with his new chew toy.

http://i32.tinypic.com/30ur8s6.jpg

Great article on the final:

Head of the Pack
All of Federer's challengers were at Queen's, & Nadal was the last one standing.
http://www.tennis.com/features/general/features.aspx?id=135430

Some impressive facts about his win:

- First career ATP grass-court title for Nadal

- First player to win Roland Garros and The Queen’s Club in the same year since Romanian Ilie Nastase captured both titles in 1973.

- First player to win Roland Garros and a grasscourt title the same year since Sweden’s Bjorn Borg in 1980.

- First Spanish winner of a grass-court title since Andres Gimeno at Eastbourne in June 1972.

--------------

I wonder what kind of reception Rafa got when he got home? Did he make the front pages of any of the Spanish-language newspapers, anybody know?

l_mac
06-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I wonder what kind of reception Rafa got when he got home? Did he make the front pages of any of the Spanish-language newspapers, anybody know?

There are scans in the Queens news thread at vb. Are you a member there?

His FO win made the front pages of some British newspapers, which surprised me. And the Queen's coverage was all Rafa, all the time.