<('.'<) Wimbledon - Grass court Season 2008 (>'.')> [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

<('.'<) Wimbledon - Grass court Season 2008 (>'.')>

Pages : [1] 2

Ome
06-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Schedule

1. The Artois Championships (http://www.artoischampionships.com/1/home/default.asp)
Dates: 9–15 June 2008
Prize Money: €713,000 (€692,000)
56 DRAW Q32

Qualifying draw: Friday, June 6, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Saturday, June 7, 4:00 p.m.
Doubles draw: Saturday, June 7, 6:00 p.m.

2.The Nottingham Open (http://www.thenottinghamopen.com/)
Dates: 16-21 June 2008
Prize Money: €370,000 (€349,00)
32 DRAW

Qualifying draw: Friday, June 13, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Saturday, June 14, Noon
Doubles draw: Saturday, June 14, 6:00 p.m.

3. 2008 Wimbledon The Lawn Tennis Championship (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/index.html)
Dates: 23 June - 6 July 2008
Prize Money: UK £2,257,000

Qualifying draw: Sunday, June 15, 6:00 p.m.
Main draw: Friday, June 20, 10:00 a.m.
Men's qualifying doubles draw: Sunday, June 15, 4:00 p.m.
Men's doubles draw: TBA (Entry deadline: Friday, June 13, Noon)
Mixed doubles draw: Wednesday, June 25, 11:00 a.m.

:dance:

Ome
06-03-2008, 08:14 AM
According to BBC Sport, as Tsonga withdrew from Nottingham tournament, Paulo will be the top seed in that event.

Top seed out of Nottingham Open

Top seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has been forced to pull out of the Nottingham Open because of injury.

The Australian Open finalist withdrew from the current French Open because of a knee injury, and has now had an operation, report BBC Radio Nottingham.

It leaves fellow Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu as the top seed for the Nottingham event, the last ever to be held after 14 years in the city.

The tournament takes place at the Nottingham Tennis Centre from 16 June.

BBC Radio Nottingham's sports team will bring you full-commentary from centre court for the duration of the event.

The coverage will be available online, at bbc.co.uk/nottingham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7431312.stm

Ome
06-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Queens' Draw

http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/311/mds.pdf

(7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri/BYE
CILIC, Marin v MELZER, Jurgen
(WC) EVANS, Daniel v (WC) MALISSE, Xavier
(WC) GOODALL, Joshua v (11) HEWITT, Lleyton

(13) TIPSAREVIC, Janko v NAVARRO, Ivan
REYNOLDS, Bobby v MINAR, Ivo
CIPOLLA, Flavio v KARANUSIC, Roko
BYE/(2) DJOKOVIC, Novak

Ome
06-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Well, well, well...

The possibility of playing Cilic in the 2nd round isn't too pleasant, is it? :lol:
I was afraid that he would run into Ancic early... instead, it's Ancic Jr.! :bolt:

gambit84
06-07-2008, 06:15 PM
good draw to reach the af :yeah:

NeverSayDie
06-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Hello everyone, I haven't posted here in a while :wavey:

I'm a bit scared about the draw for Paolo :eek: But good luck to him nonetheless :D

Ome
06-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey Rach! :kiss:

I'm very scared to be honest :lol: But yeah, I hope he'll do well on grass. I kind of think that grass might suits his current play.

HoistDaColors
06-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I am afraid of Malisse more than anybody else. He's poison.

NeverSayDie
06-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey J! :kiss:

Yeah, I'm sure he will do well and he's improved so much :bounce: But I'm still always on the edge of my seat when Paolo plays :lol:

Ome
06-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I am afraid of Malisse more than anybody else. He's poison.

Oh, The X Man :)

He did well on grass, of course. But that seems like a past tense :awww: I really like him, though.

Ome
06-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey J! :kiss:

Yeah, I'm sure he will do well and he's improved so much :bounce: But I'm still always on the edge of my seat when Paolo plays :lol:

He sure knows how to do that to us :lol:

Two matches in Roland Garros last week almost gave me a heart attack :rolls:

NeverSayDie
06-07-2008, 07:29 PM
He sure knows how to do that to us :lol:

Two matches in Roland Garros last week almost gave me a heart attack :rolls:

:haha: Me too! He played so well though :yeah:

I can't wait until Queens :bounce: I wish I was going :(

Ome
06-07-2008, 07:32 PM
:haha: Me too! He played so well though :yeah:

I can't wait until Queens :bounce: I wish I was going :(

Did you see those matches? :lol:

I wish you were too! :awww:

NeverSayDie
06-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Did you see those matches? :lol:

I wish you were too! :awww:

I watched him play Kuerten, Schwank and Djokovic... I thought he played well apart from all those UE's :o

I knowww, ah well they better show all his matches on tv :fiery: :D

Ome
06-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I watched him play Kuerten, Schwank and Djokovic... I thought he played well apart from all those UE's :o

I knowww, ah well they better show all his matches on tv :fiery: :D

I got to watch his match against Hernandez as well. That was torturing :lol: He was a BP wasting machine in that match :o

NeverSayDie
06-07-2008, 07:56 PM
:o :o Oh Paolo, why does he torture us so much!!! :haha:

silverwhite
06-08-2008, 01:04 AM
He's playing doubles with Marat :eek: :spit:

PinkFeatherBoa
06-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Marat and Paulo playing doubles together. :tape: I will have to go watch that!
Watched Paulo practise for about an hour today with Seb. Seemed in good spirits and ready to rock the grass! :smoke: (gazillion pictures will come asap)

Um, all the best for grass Paulo. :unsure:

Ome
06-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Jenny!!! I was about to ask you if you're going this year :lol:

Pictures!!!! I can't wait! :kiss: I would love some pics of Paulo and Marat in their doubles match too! How interesting that should be :drool:

Ome
06-08-2008, 10:18 AM
He's playing doubles with Marat :eek: :spit:

Something happened to both of them in Paris fashion show :devil:

Have they ever played together? :scratch: This makes my week! :lol:

Sharon
06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Paulo and Marat doubles = :drool: :lol:

Ome
06-08-2008, 02:07 PM
The hottest team eva! :hearts:

For some strange reason, I thought they didn't like each other :lol:
I remember Marat said French DC team's lazy :rolls:

Ome
06-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Tuesday OOP

COURT 1
Matches Start At: 12:30 PM
Kevin ANDERSON (RSA) vs John ISNER (USA)
followed by
Mario ANCIC (CRO) vs Fernando VERDASCO (ESP)
followed by
Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA) vs Marin CILIC (CRO)
followed by
Edouard ROGER-VASSELIN (FRA) vs Mardy FISH (USA)
followed by
Novak DJOKOVIC (SRB)/Janko TIPSAREVIC (SRB) vs Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)/Sebastien GROSJEAN (FRA)

COURT 2
Frank DANCEVIC (CAN) vs Simone BOLELLI (ITA)
followed by
Bobby REYNOLDS (USA) vs Ivo MINAR (CZE)
Not Before 5:00 PM
After suitable rest
Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)/Marat SAFIN (RUS) vs Paul HANLEY (AUS)/Todd PERRY (AUS)

VolandriFan
06-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Good luck Paulo!

And Marat isn't too good at doubles :ras:

Ome
06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Good luck Paulo!

And Marat isn't too good at doubles :ras:

Neither is Paulo. So they are the perfect combination! :lol:

They're just hot. Nobody cares about the results, I think :p

gambit84
06-10-2008, 03:08 PM

girls :rolleyes:

:o

Ome
06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
girls :rolleyes:

boys :rolleyes:

:p

marifline
06-10-2008, 03:40 PM

I could'nt have said it better :inlove:, this pairing is just too good; I wish I could somehow teleport myself to London to watch this !!!
I saw both of them playing doubles in Bercy and yeah they suck, but that's a good effort to promote tennis from them, so I say thank you :bowdown:

Sharon
06-10-2008, 03:47 PM

Agreed :haha: I want to see some pictures :p

Ome
06-10-2008, 03:53 PM
I could'nt have said it better :inlove:, this pairing is just too good; I wish I could somehow teleport myself to London to watch this !!!
I saw both of them playing doubles in Bercy and yeah they suck, but that's a good effort to promote tennis from them, so I say thank you :bowdown:

Us girls know how to enjoy tennis and everything in between :hearts: :D

They played doubles together before? :scratch: (I can't remember much about Paulo's doubles matches :lol:)

Ome
06-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Agreed :haha: I want to see some pictures :p

I'm hoping that Jenny will bring us some pictures :angel:

Might be a tough ask for Getty since it's not on the main courts :awww:

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:15 PM
6-3 3-6 :rolleyes:

Vamos! :p

TheEnd
06-10-2008, 05:18 PM
3-6:rolleyes:

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:19 PM
He always makes life difficult for us. :p

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:25 PM
At least he's serving first in the final set. I don't know if it'll be much of a help, but I sure hope it does :lol:

Still on serve. 2-1, Cilic to serve.

TheEnd
06-10-2008, 05:27 PM
yep

today I want to explain this

= =|||||||||||

his match ,you never know the result untill last Second:rolleyes:

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Cilic is holding serve so easily :o

2-2.

Oh come on, Paulo :ras:

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:29 PM
yep

today I want to explain this

= =|||||||||||

his match ,you never know the result untill last Second:rolleyes:

I know :hug: I've been there for quite a long time :lol:

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Oh man, a few deuces on his serve already :bolt:

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Finally, he held for 3-2...

TheEnd
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I must go bed now,I have a lot of lessons tomorrow:o

good luck pineapple:D

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Have fun at school tomorrow!

88 ;)

One more game, hun! :rocker2:

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Of course, he's down *0-30 when serving for the match.

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Wasting one MP, and now it's a BP for Cilic.

Of course.

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:56 PM

A life as Paulo's fan...

Missed one MP and it's now even in the third.

Ome
06-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Come on, Mr.Mathieu :p

Please...

Ome
06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
F*** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha:

I would have cried my eyes out had he lost this one :lol:
And Kung Fu Panda reaches The End too!!! :rolls:

VAMOS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

littlepaulette
06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
God, I didn't know Paulo was playing today :lol:
Fortunately, I arrived for the (good) match point :D

Sharon
06-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm glad I arrived after he just won the match :haha:

Now the hottest doubles team can play soon :rolls: :rocker:

Ome
06-10-2008, 06:03 PM
You two :ras:

I has to sit through the whole match! :p

I think I have a panic attack... every time he serves for the match I was like... NOOOOO, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! :rolls:

PinkFeatherBoa
06-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Paulo decided to make me suffer today.
I'm pleased to say I got to see both Paulo's single match and the fabulous infamous doubles pairing. Report to come later when I get on my computer and can type fast again and maybe more importantly, images of that doubles pairing. :drool:

Ome
06-11-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Jenny! Must be a tough day for you... I mean, SB almost killed me as it was :o
Can't imagine what it's like watching the live action!!!

:D :D :D

Too bad the Fab Two lost :awww:

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4704/db091ln6.jpg

:hug:

Sharon
06-11-2008, 01:52 AM
The score was so close :awww: Paulo has to start winning these 3rd set TBs for doubles :p Poor guys :hug:

VolandriFan
06-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Neither is Paulo. So they are the perfect combination! :lol:

I care about the results. :o

They lost so we only get one set of hot photos. :sad: :p

:lol:

Ome
06-11-2008, 09:45 AM
I cared too :o

Paulo lost most of his doubles matches in super TB... :awww:

They're very thoughtful :p

TheEnd
06-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Angela go to watch the match ,she say very interesting,haha:D
they opponent hit marat's hand , he say"it's ok, hit me in the head next time!"
and one fan say " come on mareit!" marat say"it's marat,not mareit!"
hahaha~

but Angela very tired , she didn't upload pics, maybe today upload:p

I am so expect~:devil:

marifline
06-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Us girls know how to enjoy tennis and everything in between :hearts: :D

They played doubles together before? :scratch: (I can't remember much about Paulo's doubles matches :lol:)

Sorry for the late answer..I actually saw them playing double but not together :lol: I saw Marat and Dima ( two years ago I think, actually I was on court n°1 while Paulo was playing Djokovic, I kept checking the score on my cell but I was with Safin's fans and I am myself a fan so, we gOt back on centre court just in time to applaud Paulo)....and Paulo with...oops I can' remember...some non-french, non-safin player :shrug: OMG I am so parisian :rolls: ( BTW, don't get the wrong impression I like players that are nor french, nor called Marat)

I can't wait for the pixxxxxxxxxxxx :worship: to the one who will bring them to my eyes:worship:

Ome
06-12-2008, 12:36 AM
In 2006? I remember Paulo beating Djojkovic in two TB sets!! :eek: What a nice day that was :lol:

A bit of a random question here, marifline... but may I ask how is your "Paulo" (the cat)? :lol: I remember reading you thread a while back. :)

marifline
06-12-2008, 01:06 AM
In 2006? I remember Paulo beating Djojkovic in two TB sets!! :eek: What a nice day that was :lol:

A bit of a random question here, marifline... but may I ask how is your "Paulo" (the cat)? :lol: I remember reading you thread a while back. :)

Oh you remember me !!! The crazy girl who named her cat after Paulo.... :cat::rolls:well he's fine, actually we never call him Paulo ( but it's still his official name, the one he has on his papers :cool:)we call him " Pitou" or " le Pitou" ( don't ask me how it went to that point I'm clueless). I'll post some new pictures ( and others news) in the dedicated thread...because I'm afraid I'm going off topic...:o Anyway very nice from you to ask about him, he's till the cutiest cat on earth :worship:

About that match we were talking about...you're right that's he one with the TBs, as I said I was checking points with my cellphones and so I was experiencing the livescores while actually watching another match in the same tournament ( knowing I could have just gone to centre court to watch it) :crazy: Needless to say given the score in the last TB I was a bit nervous....hum. But I love Bercy !!! Great atmosphere, accessibility and you get to see what you want to see bc you can acess all the courts with one tickets( unless you're like me and you ant to mess up you're brain...)

Ome
06-12-2008, 03:08 AM
Of course I remember you and your cutest kitten!! I don't think I was an active poster at that time :o but you got me wanted to name my next baby, "Paulo"! (i never like calling them pet so i call them baby instead :lol: )
I treat my baby as a royalty so I totally get you ;)

I didn't get to see the match because of some football match :o Livescore was so cruel!!!
I saw the highlights and Paulo seemed inspired by the crowds :yeah: I have always like the atmosphere in Bercy. I stay in that area evrytime I visit Paris, but never get a chance to see tennis :sad:

Again, merci for the news :)

marifline
06-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Of course I remember you and your cutest kitten!! I don't think I was an active poster at that time :o but you got me wanted to name my next baby, "Paulo"! (i never like calling them pet so i call them baby instead :lol: )
I treat my baby as a royalty so I totally get you ;)

I didn't get to see the match because of some football match :o Livescore was so cruel!!!
I saw the highlights and Paulo seemed inspired by the crowds :yeah: I have always like the atmosphere in Bercy. I stay in that area evrytime I visit Paris, but never get a chance to see tennis :sad:

Again, merci for the news :)

Hey I call my cat " my baby" too...:D but for a sec I thought you wanted to call your son Paulo :lol: not a bad name but...
About Bercy...don't get me started about the atmosphere.... I just looooooooooove it, first tourny I ever got to in 2004 and I will always remember the crowd ( this one was with Monfils).
I have a vivid memory of a match between Paulo and Davide Sanguinetti in 2005 ( my 2nd Bercy), which reached highs with the atmosphere. The tennis was not so good but the scenario of the match was just perfect ( three sets, comeback and victory of the frenchie etc...) to get the crowd hysterical:bounce: The most beautiful part of it is that, at the end he thanked the public spontanously ( eg without the crappy but usual question " So good public today, bla bla bla") He basically took the mike and said " Merci " That's why we go to tournaments ! He added he wouldn't have won if it wasn't for the home crowd. It may sounds corny, but it felt so good ! Just a " Merci", you could sooooo feel the love !
The funny thing is that the day after the same thing happened with Clément vs Kiefer and then Santoro vs Nieminen, close matches with a french win and the players thanking the crowd and saying they would'nt have won if they had'nt played in Bercy.

Ome
06-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey I call my cat " my baby" too...:D but for a sec I thought you wanted to call your son Paulo :lol: not a bad name but...
About Bercy...don't get me started about the atmosphere.... I just looooooooooove it, first tourny I ever got to in 2004 and I will always remember the crowd ( this one was with Monfils).
I have a vivid memory of a match between Paulo and Davide Sanguinetti in 2005 ( my 2nd Bercy), which reached highs with the atmosphere. The tennis was not so good but the scenario of the match was just perfect ( three sets, comeback and victory of the frenchie etc...) to get the crowd hysterical:bounce: The most beautiful part of it is that, at the end he thanked the public spontanously ( eg without the crappy but usual question " So good public today, bla bla bla") He basically took the mike and said " Merci " That's why we go to tournaments ! He added he wouldn't have won if it wasn't for the home crowd. It may sounds corny, but it felt so good ! Just a " Merci", you could sooooo feel the love !
The funny thing is that the day after the same thing happened with Clément vs Kiefer and then Santoro vs Nieminen, close matches with a french win and the players thanking the crowd and saying they would'nt have won if they had'nt played in Bercy.

Well, naming my real baby with something related to Paulo wouldn't be such a bad idea :o :lol:

I saw his match in Bercy against Sanguinetti on TV via live boardcast!!! He was wearing an awesome black shirt :smoke: Paulo was pretty close to the loss, wasn't he? :awww: I think his puppy eyes turned a bit red when he thanked the crowd. It doesn't sound corny to me... AT ALL! I know what a simple "thank u" or "merci" can do to you. Believe me, I do ;)

I always stay at that area when I visit Paris (a few steps from Gare de Lyon). Unfortunately, I never got a chance to see a match of tennis there :sad:

Ome
06-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Thursday OOP

COURT 1
Fernando GONZALEZ (CHI) vs Ivo KARLOVIC (CRO)
followed by
Richard GASQUET (FRA) vs Mario ANCIC (CRO)
followed by
Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA) vs Lleyton HEWITT (AUS)
followed by
Nicolas MAHUT (FRA) vs David NALBANDIAN (ARG)
followed by
Paul HANLEY (AUS)/Todd PERRY (AUS) vs Daniel NESTOR (CAN)/Nenad ZIMONJIC (SRB)

Vamos Paulo :bounce:

marifline
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Well, naming my real baby with something related to Paulo wouldn't be such a bad idea :o :lol:

I saw his match in Bercy against Sanguinetti on TV via live boardcast!!! He was wearing an awesome black shirt :smoke: Paulo was pretty close to the loss, wasn't he? :awww: I think his puppy eyes turned a bit red when he thanked the crowd. It doesn't sound corny to me... AT ALL! I know what a simple "thank u" or "merci" can do to you. Believe me, I do ;)

I always stay at that area when I visit Paris (a few steps from Gare de Lyon). Unfortunately, I never got a chance to see a match of tennis there :sad:
Ah puppy eyes:awww:....didn't realise they were teary ( or nearly teary)...well that's even better ( so to speak.Too bad you never saw any tennis, but if you come in Bercy time, it's very easy to get tickets !:cool:
Anyway they brodcast the tournament live from 2P to 3.30PM and then 5.15 to 6.45 PM :smash:
Though draw for Paulo here...:unsure: but ALLEZ PAULO !!!

Ome
06-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Paulo lost to Hewitt 6-4 6-4.

So he was up a break in the first set... SO?? :p
It'll get better :bounce:

Keep on vamosing, Paulo :rocker:

silverwhite
06-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh, Paulo... :o

Ome
06-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh, SW... :o

Come on :p

silverwhite
06-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes, I saw the reply. ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
06-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I love that your cat is called Paulo, marafline. That's so sweet and I adore cats like I do Paulo, so it's a great combination.
I agree about Bercy, I've been to many tournaments and that one is still my favourite. Such a great atmosphere, especially for the home players. So many memorable matches from there, not always quality tennis but great uplifting matches!

As for Paulo's match today, I didn't see it but I can't say I expected him to beat "MR Queens" Hewitt. That he lost his lead in the 1st set wasn't great though. I did see him hit with Gulbis before the match and then later after he finished practicing almost bumped into him in the tunnel and so he said "ça va?" and I wished him well for the match. Sigh, no more "stalking" Paulo at Queens anymore, onwards to Nottingham. His 1st singles match was certainly interesting anyway- at one point in the 2nd set he called himself idiot/dumb (in French obviously) and in the game where he served for the match he made 3 UEs and said a million "f***"'s. He was a lot more sweet in the doubles with Marat though.

marifline
06-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I love that your cat is called Paulo, marafline. That's so sweet and I adore cats like I do Paulo, so it's a great combination.
I agree about Bercy, I've been to many tournaments and that one is still my favourite. Such a great atmosphere, especially for the home players. So many memorable matches from there, not always quality tennis but great uplifting matches!

As for Paulo's match today, I didn't see it but I can't say I expected him to beat "MR Queens" Hewitt. That he lost his lead in the 1st set wasn't great though. I did see him hit with Gulbis before the match and then later after he finished practicing almost bumped into him in the tunnel and so he said "ça va?" and I wished him well for the match. Sigh, no more "stalking" Paulo at Queens anymore, onwards to Nottingham. His 1st singles match was certainly interesting anyway- at one point in the 2nd set he called himself idiot/dumb (in French obviously) and in the game where he served for the match he made 3 UEs and said a million "f***"'s. He was a lot more sweet in the doubles with Marat though.

Bercy is " le tournoi de mon coeur" as I like to say. Too bad it had been deserted by the top players, but last year we saw Fed and Nadal eventually. The only one really motivated to go are the French players :o
Lucky you, Paulo's stalker ! He's such a nice guy, I'm not surprised he said " ca va" to you...Next time you see him, you could ask him :
1) What's the brand of his cell
2)If you could sew up his sock :angel:
It reminds me that I have to go buy some food for Paulo-the-cat or he might go lion style on me :lol:

Ome
06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
I want to stalk Paulo too! :awww: *Start saving up for a trip to London next year* :lol:

:rolls: I like his sock with a hole! Come on, marifline... it's cute!!! :lol:

Say hi to Paulo-the-cat for me :smooch:

Ome
06-13-2008, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the report as always, the cutest stalker :kiss:

Did you see him smile once this week, Jenny? :lol:

Ohhh, Paulo has been a wee bit too moody lately! His face looks like this :( all the time!!!! (Wait, it always does! :lol:)
Well, I was saying the F word quite a few times to my teddy bear too :haha: But we all saw it coming so not really a surprise.
Behave, Paulo :p

Ome
06-13-2008, 03:41 PM
So Nottingham isn't a sure thing anymore...

L'equipe:
Malgré un bon départ pour mener 4-1, Paul-Henri MATHIEU n’a pas eu les ressources morales pour aller chercher la victoire face à un Hewitt régulier. « Je sens très bien la balle, mais je n’avais pas la flamme. J’ai besoin de couper », a dit le Français, qui songeait à ne pas s’engager dans le tournoi de Nottingham…

Do whatever is best for yourself, Paulo :hug:

marifline
06-13-2008, 04:02 PM
:rolls: I like his sock with a hole! Come on, marifline... it's cute!!! :lol:

Say hi to Paulo-the-cat for me :smooch:

I knew you would want to protect the holy euh...holey sock hé hé :p My cat acted like a drama queen when I came back with the foodhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/tiere/animal-smiley-030.gif

EDIT : Have you read my pm ?

Ome
06-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I love him more and more each day! :inlove:

Isn't your baby a "he"? Paulo-the-cat can only be a drama king :lol:

Oh, I haven't yet! I'm getting to it now :D

marifline
06-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I love him more and more each day! :inlove:

Isn't your baby a "he"? Paulo-the-cat can only be a drama king :lol:

Oh, I haven't yet! I'm getting to it now :D

Oh well, drama king then...:o

Ome
06-14-2008, 12:44 PM
OH COME ON!!!!

Not Cilic again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Ome
06-14-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't really agree with his decision to play here. It's going to rain and he might end up playing indoor hard court instead of grass. But he needs match play, I guess. And it's his decision so I'm being fully supportive here by saying, VAMOSSSS!!!!!!! :lol:

Nottingham Draw

(5) SIMON, Gilles FRA vs YOUNG, Donald USA
WC BAKER, Jamie GBR vs SODERLING, Robin SWE
REYNOLDS, Bobby USA vs MAHUT, Nicolas FRA
(3) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP vs DANIEL, Marcos BRA

(6)TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS vs LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
QUALIFIER vs JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE
QUALIFIER vs WC WARD, James GBR
(2) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA vs CILIC, Marin CRO

Complete Draw: http://www.lta.org.uk/Global/Downloads/Results/Nottingham/Singles%20Main%20Draw.pdf

TheEnd
06-14-2008, 02:25 PM
CILIC...

so many times = =||||||||||||||||

Ome
06-15-2008, 03:50 PM
OOP Monday, 16 June 2008

CENTRE - Matches Start At 11:30 AM
Jonathan ERLICH (ISR)/Andy RAM (ISR) vs Paul HANLEY (AUS) vs Todd PERRY (AUS)

Not Before 1:30 PM
Marin CILIC (CRO) vs Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)

followed by
Ivo KARLOVIC (CRO) vs Jonas BJORKMAN (SWE)

followed by
Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS) vs Yen-Hsun LU (TPE)

Ome
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Do it one more time, Paulo! :lol:

Vamos Paulo and the sock!! :rocker2:

silverwhite
06-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Cilic again? :lol:

Ome
06-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Apparently :o

I could imagine his face when the draw came out :lol:

marifline
06-15-2008, 05:18 PM
No way that Cilic can win against "The Sock" :rocker2:

Ome
06-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I bet Paulo is missing me right now! :rolls:

OK. Vamos The Sock!! :rocker2:

Ome
06-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Geeez, Paulo missed one BP.

Paulo to serve *1-2.

Ome
06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Ouch! SP for Cilic :o

Ome
06-16-2008, 02:48 PM
6-4 for Cilic :o :o

Should have, could have been a lot easier, my dear...

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:04 PM
2 all

Cilic has been holding serve way too easy in the third :bolt:

marifline
06-16-2008, 03:07 PM
2 all

Cilic has been holding serve way too easy in the third :bolt:

Are you watching it or following it on SB ??? I can't find anything to follow it :tears:

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Live SB...
It's working once in a while :o

Paulo's serving at *2-3 *15-30 ---- Seems more and more difficult to hold serve.

silverwhite
06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
He broke :eek:

silverwhite
06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
They changed it now :haha: :retard:

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Yep, see this coming.

BP for Cilic. *30-40

silverwhite
Live SB...

Paulo's serving at *2-3 *15-30 ---- Seems more and more difficult to hold serve.

http://livescore.com/tennis.dll says he was leading 3-2 :tape:

littlepaulette
I follow it on bet365.com ;)

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Isn't Cilic just broke to lead *4-2?

Oh, Paulo :o

Ome
OK. Here: http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?ibpid=9610

But I don't think you'd want to follow that one anymore :lol:

marifline
Live SB...

I have one lame SB, but it doesn't show points :o , what's your SB ???

Ome
HE MUST HAVE HAD A NEW PAIR OF SOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unforgivable :armed:

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?ibpid=9610

Cilic is up 5-2*

silverwhite
06-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Isn't Cilic just broke to lead *4-2?

Oh, Paulo :o

livescore.com showed the wrong score and changed it later :tape: :retard:

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Remember the PM I sent you and what I was worried about, marifline...
I can feel it coming true. This is not just another loss, I'm telling you.

TheEnd
06-16-2008, 03:16 PM
why???!!

can you tell me why ??!!:sad:

marifline
06-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks Ome :) Unfortunatly it seem I won't make a big use of it :rolleyes:

TheEnd
06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
3-5

VAMOS!!!!Paul!!!!!!!

I belive you!

littlepaulette
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Time to break, Paulo :lol:

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
It's over and done...

Well, let's just pretend that Cilic served really well in the last two sets and move on.

littlepaulette
06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Well, well, well...

marifline
06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Remember the PM I sent you and what I was worried about, marifline...
I can feel it coming true. This is not just another loss, I'm telling you.

:awww: You should send him your letter ;)
I don't know what to think...motivation comes and goes... arf...

silverwhite
06-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Sigh...

marifline
06-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, it grass after all, goddamn green grass....

Puschkin
06-16-2008, 03:28 PM
It's over and done...

Well, it grass after all, goddamn green grass....
One's s sorrow is another one's joy.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
:awww:

Poor holey Paulo, who needs Nottingham anyway?! It won't even exist soon anyway!

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
:awww: You should send him your letter ;)
I don't know what to think...motivation comes and goes... arf...

It'll take quite sometime to arrive :awww:

You know, I think it has something to do with RG. He never really gets to where he wanted to (esp. in the big tourneys). He must have thought this year, with a help of two coaches, he would go far. I mean, to be honest, the match against Djokovic wasn't good at all. And to see Monfils reached the semis, I saw the interview he gave about Monfils-Federer, I could tell what's on his mind. It must have been difficult to see Monfils and Champion getting there. I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm sure he's happy for them. But it's just difficult... really difficult. (However... To me, life is just too unfair.)

I'm worried that he'll lose the will to play. I'm afraid that he'll think he's getting no where after all the work he put in.

But you know what, I know how strong Paulo is. He'll pull through this somehow. Something is bothering him. I can tell from the pictures :lol: (Oh yeah, I'm that good! :rolls: )

You're never alone in this, Paulo :hug: You have us and the sock! :lol:

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
:awww:

Poor holey Paulo, who needs Nottingham anyway?! It won't even exist soon anyway!

Hmmm, holey Paulo sounds like he has a hole in him :spit: :haha:

He never listens to me. I told him not to go to DC AND Nottingham... I hope it's better than the last time when he didn't listen to me :p

PinkFeatherBoa
06-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Hmmm, holey Paulo sounds like he has a hole in him :spit: :haha:

He never listens to me. I told him not to go to DC AND Nottingham... I hope it's better than the last time when he didn't listen to me :p

:lol: Yes I suppose it does sound strange.

Maybe that's what I should have told him, always listen to Ome, since you have the best advice.

Ome
06-16-2008, 03:52 PM
:lol: Yes I suppose it does sound strange.

Maybe that's what I should have told him, always listen to Ome, since you have the best advice.

The only thing I want him to know is that he has a lot of "supporters" and he isn't really alone out there on the court :)

PinkFeatherBoa
06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
The only thing I want him to know is that he has a lot of "supporters" and he isn't really alone out there on the court :)

Surely he already knows this, that he has supporters. I would hope that he does.

marifline
06-16-2008, 04:29 PM
It'll take quite sometime to arrive :awww:

You know, I think it has something to do with RG. He never really gets to where he wanted to (esp. in the big tourneys). He must have thought this year, with a help of two coaches, he would go far. I mean, to be honest, the match against Djokovic wasn't good at all. And to see Monfils reached the semis, I saw the interview he gave about Monfils-Federer, I could tell what's on his mind. It must have been difficult to see Monfils and Champion getting there. I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm sure he's happy for them. But it's just difficult... really difficult. (However... To me, life is just too unfair.)

I'm worried that he'll lose the will to play. I'm afraid that he'll think he's getting no where after all the work he put in.

But you know what, I know how strong Paulo is. He'll pull through this somehow. Something is bothering him. I can tell from the pictures :lol: (Oh yeah, I'm that good! :rolls: )

You're never alone in this, Paulo :hug: You have us and the sock! :lol:

Hum, that's a good analysis, you are truly the most dedicated and attentive Paulo's fan I've ever met :hug: You must be wired on his mind :cool:

It's true that his match against Djokovic was disapointing, I saw it on the big screen at RG ( I was there but too early to hope to get tickets to the Chatrier :p ), and he was definitely lacking something to play at his maximum. Not a bad match in itself really, but he could have easily won a set or two.I remember Dip said Paulo was the most disapointing loss among the frenchie.
This is weird because his last match against Schwank was something and he seemed to enjoy his time on the court. Maybe, as you said, he thinks he has lost his opportunity with RG for good :unsure:

That plus grassy grass ( dunno if it even means something ha ha )and maybe it's just not a good time but he'll bounce back, that our Paulo :bounce:
And you are here and the HOLEY SOCK !!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana: ( imagine that's a yellow sock :lol: )

Ome
06-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Surely he already knows this, that he has supporters. I would hope that he does.

Not many people know him outside of France which is sad really...
I heard commentators mentioning top French players, he failed to mention Paulo when Chardy and everyone else were on the list. Just like what l'equipe did.

And there are different kinds of supporter ;)

marifline
06-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Ome...have you read my last message ( in this thread) ? Because you didn't answer me :sad: I know I'm arrogant but I was hugging you in it....:awww:

Ome
06-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Hum, that's a good analysis, you are truly the most dedicated and attentive Paulo's fan I've ever met :hug: You must be wired on his mind :cool:

It's true that his match against Djokovic was disapointing, I saw it on the big screen at RG ( I was there but too early to hope to get tickets to the Chatrier :p ), and he was definitely lacking something to play at his maximum. Not a bad match in itself really, but he could have easily won a set or two.I remember Dip said Paulo was the most disapointing loss among the frenchie.
This is weird because his last match against Schwank was something and he seemed to enjoy his time on the court. Maybe, as you said, he thinks he has lost his opportunity with RG for good :unsure:

That plus grassy grass ( dunno if it even means something ha ha )and maybe it's just not a good time but he'll bounce back, that our Paulo :bounce:
And you are here and the HOLEY SOCK !!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana: ( imagine that's a yellow sock :lol: )

He had two tough matches against Hernandez and Schawank. He must have felt good prior to the match against Djokovic (even I felt good :lol:), it must have been extra disappointing. He could have made it closer, but I still don't think it's enough. (But to be fair, Djokovic served really well and it's very unfortunate to be in that side of the draw.) He needs some reward. Something to remind him that it's worth fighting for :awww:

He's going to need some good wins to boost his confidence. And probably a few more holey socks in his bag! :banana:

Time to plug a hole in all your socks, Paulo!! :rolls: :rocker2:

Ome
06-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Ome...have you read my last message ( in this thread) ? Because you didn't answer me :sad: I know I'm arrogant but I was hugging you in it....:awww:

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying. :hug: My internet died for a few minutes :o :o

marifline
06-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late in replying. :hug: My internet died for a few minutes :o :o

And here I was, thinking you've let me down :o, shame on me.No, really, I knew something was wrong with your internet, I could feel it :p:lol:

Ome
06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
And here I was, thinking you've let me down :o, shame on me.No, really, I knew something was wrong with your internet, I could feel it :p:lol:

Where I'm living, internet is still a work in progress :o :o :haha:

Ome
06-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Some notes from the match:

Serving at 4-5, the second seed hit two double faults and a backhand into the tramlines allowed Cilic to level.

Mathieu was becoming increasingly frustrated with his game and when he netted a backhand at 30-40 in the sixth game of the decider, Cilic had the crucial break.

Cilic: "He lost his concentration and it opened the door for me. I used very good tactics in the third set and played my best tennis in the match."

We could imagine this from a SB :lol: Lately this concentration problem has reoccurred...

I'm so sorry, Paulo :hug: :hug:

NeverSayDie
06-16-2008, 08:22 PM
:wavey: I'm sad that Paolo lost :sad: Best of luck at Wimby though :bounce:

Ome
06-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Rach!! :wavey:

You'll be a lot less sad after this, sweetie!

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5269/68403733br5.jpg

Yeah, I took this picture the night before :)

:haha: :o :haha: :haha:

NeverSayDie
06-16-2008, 08:48 PM
J! :wavey:

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

:eek: :eek: :eek: That picture is simply :hearts: :hearts: :drool: :drool:

Ome
06-16-2008, 08:53 PM
J! :wavey:

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

:eek: :eek: :eek: That picture is simply :hearts: :hearts: :drool: :drool:

Doesn't he make you feel better? :aplot:

Ome
06-17-2008, 07:20 AM
:eek: I was right, Marie (marifline)!

MATHIEU PERD LA MAIN. – Fichtrement coquin, le sort avait mis face à face Paul-Henri Mathieu et Marin Cilic pour la quatrième fois en quatre mois ! Sorti vainqueur des trois premières rencontres, le Français s’est cette fois incliné (1-6, 6-4, 6-3), en offrant le deuxième set sur un plateau à son rival. À 4-5, 30-15, il enchaîna en effet deux doubles fautes etune erreur grossière en revers… « Il y a longtemps que je n’avais pas aussi bien senti la balle qu’au premier set, dit PHM. Mais il a suffi que je me dise ça pour que je sorte du match.À force d’enchaîner les tournois, je me sens usé mentalement. Je n’ai pas eu de vraie coupure, je le paye aujourd’hui. » Mathieu envisageait même de revenir en France quelques jours avant de remettre le cap sur Wimbledon

:awww: This might be a bit more serious than we've anticipated :hug: Paulo :hug:

NeverSayDie
06-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Doesn't he make you feel better? :aplot:

He sure does :D :D :D you even set it as your avatar :haha: :yeah:

Ome
06-17-2008, 10:25 AM
He sure does :D :D :D you even set it as your avatar :haha: :yeah:

I couldn't help it! :o :lol:

marifline
06-17-2008, 01:21 PM
:eek: I was right, Marie (marifline)!

:awww: This might be a bit more serious than we've anticipated :hug: Paulo :hug:

He sould have listened to you !!! TOUJOURS ECOUTER OME PAULO !!! The Ome is always right.
Now I'd rather see him screw up the grass season, and get better for the hardcourt season. But you were so right he needs a break, there's no point in playing if you don't want to play. No, hopefully he will recharge his batteries and rise again :)Now we should make a good use of the :hug: :hug: :hug:

PS : I wonder if you even need French lessons hé hé such a Paulologist, you understand everyting you need to understand Paulo RESPECT :worship:

Ome
06-17-2008, 01:45 PM
He sould have listened to you !!! TOUJOURS ECOUTER OME PAULO !!! The Ome is always right.
Now I'd rather see him screw up the grass season, and get better for the hardcourt season. But you were so right he needs a break, there's no point in playing if you don't want to play. No, hopefully he will recharge his batteries and rise again :)Now we should make a good use of the :hug: :hug: :hug:

PS : I wonder if you even need French lessons hé hé such a Paulologist, you understand everyting you need to understand Paulo RESPECT :worship:

I have a Paulo intuition :lol:

As much as I love to see him does well in a GS event, I totally agree with you! If he feels like he needs a rest, then rest up! Well, maybe it's not that simple for Paulo since he's already 26 years old, not that much chances left. I guess it's difficult for him to let a chance passes by right in front of him. Like Nottingham... somehow I felt like he was forced to play --- you know, because he had to! It's complicated at this point. He's no Richard or Tsonga who has at least 5 solid years to make something happen. But still, I really hope he isn't seeing this as a beginning of the end. It really is just a beginning.

Paulology is actually not a difficult subject if one takes time to study :lol: But I do need French lessons :o Listening and speaking :yeah:

PinkFeatherBoa
06-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Paulo, make whatever is the right decision for you. I don't want to see you play if you don't really want to be out there. A joyless Paulo makes a joyless PinkFeatherBoa, so rest well!
and yes I agree he should always listen to Ome!

Those pictures do help ease the pain a little though. :drool: Socks and towels, whatever next. ;)

Ome
06-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Paulo, make whatever is the right decision for you. I don't want to see you play if you don't really want to be out there. A joyless Paulo makes a joyless PinkFeatherBoa, so rest well!
and yes I agree he should always listen to Ome!

Those pictures do help ease the pain a little though. :drool: Socks and towels, whatever next. ;)

I never really enjoy seeing joyless Paulo either :awww:

:bounce: I can't wait for the next item! All I'm asking is that he doesn't pull a Verdasco who went naked for Charity :spit:
Don't think my heart can handle it! :haha:

PinkFeatherBoa
06-17-2008, 01:56 PM
I never really enjoy seeing joyless Paulo either :awww:

:bounce: I can't wait for the next item! All I'm asking is that he doesn't pull a Verdasco who went naked for Charity :spit:
Don't think my heart can handle it! :haha:

I'm sure Paulo would never do a Verdasco, so that's OK. I can't imagine what could follow sock and towels, it would have to be something really good to beat those images. I'm sure looking forward to finding out though! ;) :lol:

Ome
06-17-2008, 02:04 PM

I'm sure Paulo would never do a Verdasco, so that's OK. I can't imagine what could follow sock and towels, it would have to be something really good to beat those images. I'm sure looking forward to finding out though! ;) :lol:

I can't be sure anymore. I couldn't believe that one day he would strip down to just "The Towel" but here we are so... :lol:

I'm so looking forward to something cool adding to my signature too! :aplot:

NeverSayDie
06-20-2008, 10:18 AM
1st round Wimbledon: Mathieu vs Hernandez :lol: :unsure:

silverwhite
06-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Good first round. :bounce:

PinkFeatherBoa
06-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Vamos Paulo. :yeah:

Ome
06-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Not the shoulder rotator again!!!!!! :bolt:

:lol: Let's make it easier than your match in RG, Paulo! VAMOS!!! :rocker:

marifline
06-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Good to see Paulo against someone who -like him *hum hum*- does not have a game suited to grass ( notice the diplomatic turn of phrase). But Paulo's gonna crush him for sure, the King can't beat the Pineapple !

Needless to say, they are all having a great laugh in GM about that match :o :lol:

VAMOS PAULO !!!

Ome
06-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Good to see Paulo against someone who -like him *hum hum*- does not have a game suited to grass ( notice the diplomatic turn of phrase). But Paulo's gonna crush him for sure, the King can't beat the Pineapple !

Needless to say, they are all having a great laugh in GM about that match :o :lol:

VAMOS PAULO !!!

Even I :rolls: when I saw the match-up probably because GM people and their worshiping toward the King and grass :lol:

So here's my thought:
Psychologically, this could be a tricky match because of their recent encounter. It's going to depend on how Paulo plays. And to be honest, we don't really know where Paulo's head is at the moment. I wonder if he's ready to play... mentally.

He will have to be the one who forces the play. With the stage of mind he's in right now, you never know what's going to happen! I'm saying these stuffs because I don't want the :o, :sad: or :rolleyes: if he doesn't get the win. Some understanding would be nice if things don't go according to plan :p

marifline
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Even I :rolls: when I saw the match-up probably because GM people and their worshiping toward the King and grass :lol:

So here's my thought:
Psychologically, this could be a tricky match because of their recent encounter. It's going to depend on how Paulo plays. And to be honest, we don't really know where Paulo's head is at the moment. I wonder if he's ready to play... mentally.

He will have to be the one who forces the play. With the stage of mind he's in right now, you never know what's going to happen! I'm saying these stuffs because I don't want the :o, :sad: or :rolleyes: if he doesn't get the win. Some understanding would be nice if things don't go according to plan :p

Well anyway we'll be there to make a psychoanalysis of the match and we'll know how the fact that he was/wasn't wearing a certain shirt affected his victory/loss :lol: No, kidding... As you said, there's no way to know what's going on in his lovely head right now... And if Dr J, ( futur ?) Ph.D. in Paulology doesn' know who can ? :shrug:

I just can't wait for you report !!! :woohoo: The week end is coming, the Championship is coming and the great Paulo report is coming too :banana:

But J, what smiley are we supposed to use if he loses ? :confused: this one I suppose --> :awww: soooo cute, here's another one :awww: Oh this smiley neeeds a hug, here :hug:

Ome
06-20-2008, 03:54 PM
We surely will be there for him ;) Plain boring white shirt is not good, Paulo! :p And it'd better not be too big!

We need him to wear the HOLEY SOCK! :rocker2:

Studying Paulology is getting tougher and tougher these days :o

:awww: is the best option here. Read #8: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5618351&postcount=1 :lol:

Ome
06-20-2008, 04:27 PM
OMG :o

I don't want to look ahead of myself here, but geeezzz :o Cilic in Paulo's section of the draw too?! :o :o I'm sorry but I'm honestly sick and tired of him :p

Sharon
06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes, Cilic would be Rd. 3. Cilic always being in Paulo's section is like Andreev/Tursunov being in Richard's section for so much earlier in the year/last year :lol:

novanora
06-22-2008, 05:18 AM
We surely will be there for him ;) Plain boring white shirt is not good, Paulo! :p And it'd better not be too big!

We need him to wear the HOLEY SOCK! :rocker2:

Studying Paulology is getting tougher and tougher these days :o

:awww: is the best option here. Read #8: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5618351&postcount=1 :lol::haha: but how you can know if he wears the HOlY SOCK or not in a match? Paulo, we suggest next time if you win a big match, please take off your shoes, and throw them to the crowds instead of your wrist bands etc, just like Mica did :p

I guess both Cilic and Paulo have already been tired of each other themselves :lol: would like to know how their faces look like when they saw the RG draws. :spit: Besides, I do think it's a decent draw for him. I don't see a lot of grass threats in his quarter, and if he plays well, he should defend all the points there.

I am reading your guidelines :lol: I do need. I like the smilie :awww:. One question, can I use :ras: or :smash: if someday he lost a match like 6-0 0-6 0-6? :crazy: :lol:

Ome
06-22-2008, 07:25 AM
:haha: but how you can know if he wears the HOlY SOCK or not in a match? Paulo, we suggest next time if you win a big match, please take off your shoes, and throw them to the crowds instead of your wrist bands etc, just like Mica did :p

I guess both Cilic and Paulo have already been tired of each other themselves :lol: would like to know how their faces look like when they saw the RG draws. :spit: Besides, I do think it's a decent draw for him. I don't see a lot of grass threats in his quarter, and if he plays well, he should defend all the points there.

I am reading your guidelines :lol: I do need. I like the smilie :awww:. One question, can I use :ras: or :smash: if someday he lost a match like 6-0 0-6 0-6? :crazy: :lol:

Just like Mica... the pants, too?:devil: :rolls:
We can tell from the results, if he's winning, then the holey sock is on :lol:

If it is that bad... you are allowed to use anything you want, Crystal :haha:

Ome
06-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Schedule for Day 2: Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Court 17 12.00 noon
1. Ladies' Singles
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)[31] v. Eva Hrdinova (CZE)

2. Gentlemen's Singles
Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA)[14] v. Oscar Hernandez (ESP)

3. Gentlemen's Singles
Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) v. Thierry Ascione (FRA)

Ome
06-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Court 17... Ouch! :lol:

Anyway, let's vamos your way through this match, Paulo! :rocker: It's always fun to vamos against Spanish players :lol:
Best of luck! :bounce:

Ome
06-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh, there's a coverage from Court 17!!! :eek:

Darn my stupid internet connection!! :smash: :smash: :ras: :o

littlepaulette
06-23-2008, 06:39 PM
If these matches last long enough, I may see the match point :lol: (I can watch wim from 18:10, ie 17:10 in GB)

Ome
06-23-2008, 06:44 PM
How come? :eek: I thought French TV would cover Richard's match which is the first match up!

Let's pray he wins before that :p :lol:

*julie*
06-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Good luck Paulo. :)

littlepaulette
06-23-2008, 06:55 PM
It does, but like last year, it is on Canal+, which is free during some time periods...

Ome
06-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I see...
I was hoping you to tell me what Paulo's wearing tomorrow :lol:

Honestly, it would be nice if someone gets to watch his match. I've been so worried these past few weeks...

PinkFeatherBoa
06-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Hey,
I'm going to watch Paulo's match in full tomorrow (assuming I can't get into Richard on court 1), so I shall try to remember to report back!
I did see Patrice today watching Cornet but no Paulo sightings yet.
Hopefully tomorrow's match should be fun and I shall Vamos for Paul (and probably annoy Oscar in the process :lol:)

marifline
06-24-2008, 12:23 AM
It does, but like last year, it is on Canal+, which is free during some time periods...

Hé hé I have Canal+ le Bouquet :p (ok j'arrête de me la péter)

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Hey,
I'm going to watch Paulo's match in full tomorrow (assuming I can't get into Richard on court 1), so I shall try to remember to report back!
I did see Patrice today watching Cornet but no Paulo sightings yet.
Hopefully tomorrow's match should be fun and I shall Vamos for Paul (and probably annoy Oscar in the process :lol:)

Have fun tomorrow, Jenny! :bounce:

I'm annoyed even by the thought of Oscar Hernandez! :lol:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:02 AM

Can you be online at the same time?! :lol:

We need a live report, too! :dance:

Ome
06-24-2008, 07:30 AM
A few words from Patrice (hoping to make us a little less nervous :lol:):

PHM ne se met pas la pression

Paul-Henri Mathieu (16e mondial) fait figure de favori pour son premier tour, aujourd'hui à Wimbledon (Angleterre), face à Oscar Hernandez (107e). Un adversaire que le Strasbourgeois a battu il y a un mois au 2e tour de Roland-Garros. Or, l'herbe est une surface qui convient mieux au Français qu'à l'Espagnol. La preuve, PHM avait atteint les 8es de finale l'an passé à Londres en éliminant Radek Stepanek, David Ferrer et Ivan Ljubicic, avant de se faire sortir par Andy Roddick. Des points acquis qu'il va devoir défendre. « C'est quelque chose qu'il arrive à bien maîtriser maintenant, rassure son coentraîneur Patrice Hagelauer. Il est en forme et ne se met pas de pression particulière. »

Source: http://www.20minutes.fr/article/238911/Sport-PHM-ne-se-met-pas-la-pression.php

littlepaulette
06-24-2008, 08:47 AM

Pffff... I don't care. When I have my own house, I will buy Sport+ and Canal+, only to watch some tennis (but Paulo will be there no more :sad: ) :devil: (a frustrated 17 year old tennis fan... :angel: )

Ome
06-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Pffff... I don't care. When I have my own house, I will buy Sport+ and Canal+, only to watch some tennis (but Paulo will be there no more :sad: ) :devil: (a frustrated 17 year old tennis fan... :angel: )

:lol: Marie :hug:

When I make enough money, I'll move next door to Paulo!!! :devil: (a frustrated 20-year-old groupie...) :haha:

littlepaulette
06-24-2008, 09:17 AM
I hope he won't play tournaments anymore :lol: He would be yours 365 days a year! :hug:

marifline
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Can you be online at the same time?! :lol:

We need a live report, too! :dance:

Of course, but there's a lot of frenchies playing today !But, we have two channels showing ATP so I guess they will show it ( hum I fear Paulo and Richard will be playing at the same time :sad: they'll probably show them both so I'm gonna usa my remote hé hé)

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I seem to get WTA coverage 80% of the time :haha: :o :o

Richard and Paulo should be on at the same time indeed :awww:

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:05 PM
So they are showing Richard on the main channel ( Guy Forget to comment the match :lol: this guy is the ultimate chauvinist -better be because is the DC captain after all-), it's gonna be fun.
They are still showing Haas vs Canas on the other channel....:o

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Guy :spit: That ought to be good :rolls:

First match on Court 17 hasn't finished yet ;)

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Guy :spit: That ought to be good :rolls:

First match on Court 17 hasn't finished yet ;)

I know, but there's about one zillion frenchies playing right now, so I can only assume they are on courts with no cameras :lol: But doyou think court 17 has cameras ????

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:13 PM
There's an official live stream from Court 17 so yeah, I believe there has to be some cameras there :)

WTA match will NEVER end!!!!!! :smash:

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:16 PM
There's a official live stream from Court 17 so yeah, I believe there has to be some cameras there :)

WTA match will NEVER end!!!!!! :smash:

Good news :D

oH F***** seems like the one losing now is about to break back :mad:..........she did it *sigh*

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I foresee the third set on court 17 :o :o

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:23 PM
I foresee the third set on court 17 :o :o

It seems like whenever I watch a WTA match I'm rooting for the one who is winning because I want to see the ATP match after :lol:

Exeptions: Safina vs Sharapova where I was clearly for Safina :o ( I guess that's what you would call an " emotional transference":angel:)

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
It seems like whenever I watch a WTA match I'm rooting for the one who is winning because I want to see the ATP match after :lol:

Exeptions: Safina vs Sharapova where I was clearly for Safina :o ( I guess that's what you would call an " emotional transference":angel:)

Me too :lol:

Emotional transference :smoke: As for me, I've never liked Sharapova so I'm rooting against her pretty much all the time. But lately I don't like Ivanovic so I guess that's when I'll be rooting for Sharapova :lol:

The only two WTA players I like are Safina (because she's Marat's sister :o) and Tati because she's kind of cool :lol: (but she'll be cooler if she stops hanging out with Sharapova!)

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Finally! It's over! :lol:

Bring on Pineapple and the Holey Sock! :rocker2:

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Me too :lol:Emotional transference :smoke: As for me, I've never liked Sharapova so I'm rooting against her pretty much all the time.

Same here and same thing about Safina ( so I had two good reasons to be rooting for Safina...)

The WTA match is over !!!!!!!

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Marie, are you getting the coverage from court 17? :unsure:

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Marie, are you getting the coverage from court 17? :unsure:

Nope...:sad:

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:47 PM
They are still showing Haas/Canas...I think Canas should withdraw he's injured :o ( but he's really injured and is now down 0/4 in the third set)

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:48 PM
:awww: :awww:

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Paulo's serving went from *40-0 to deuce :tape:

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:52 PM
:awww: :awww:

:awww: :awww: :awww: I can't believe they're not showing Paulo :mad::mad::mad:They said earlier they would give priority to french players :rolleyes: What about their legendary chauvinism ????
( lol@ Forget : everything Richard does is well done, smart, beautiful etc...he doesn't say anything about Fish :lol: )

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:52 PM
He holds. Pheww!

Seems like an easy job for Richard :cool:

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:54 PM
:awww: :awww: :awww: I can't believe they're not showing Paulo :mad::mad::mad:They said earlier they would give priority to french players :rolleyes: What about their legendary chauvinism ????
( lol@ Forget : everything Richard does is well done, smart, beautiful etc...he doesn't say anything about Fish :lol: )

That's very nice of Forget!!! :lol:

Paulo had me worried from the very first game! :p

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Canas is gonna take a bagel :o

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Haas just got broken! :haha:

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
That's very nice of Forget!!! :lol:

Paulo had me worried from the very first game! :p

I wouldn't use the word " nice", Forget basically cares only about one player...I mean he's in full supporter mode :lol:

Nothing unusual from Paulo... oops : Canas won a game....

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Oops... 2 BPs for Hernandez :o

Ome
06-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Broken :tape:
Paulo 1-2* Hernandez

I did give you a permission to skip Wimbledon, Paulo :p

marifline
06-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Oops... 2 BPs for Hernandez :o

I hate livescores...surely this break is due to poor TV coverage. :mad:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't use the word " nice", Forget basically cares only about one player...I mean he's in full supporter mode :lol:

Nothing unusual from Paulo... oops : Canas won a game....

I like him that way :lol:

Oh Paulo...

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:03 PM
I hate livescores...surely this break is due to poor TV coverage. :mad:

I hate not knowing what's going on :awww:

Poor pineapple is having a tough day again :hug:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:04 PM
It's so cloudy out there :bolt:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Vamos Paulo! Let's break back! :tennis:

That's strange. He usually wins a lot of points of his kicked 2nd serve, only 25% so far :eek:

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Technical problem on french TV...hum hum They just said they would show Paulo :):):)

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Please tell me what's going on as soon as you can...

I'm worried sick at the moment :lol:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Pineapple missed 2 BPs :o

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:18 PM
This is too much alike their previous match in Paris :o :o

Paulo is making wayyyyy too many errors at the moment and he keeps missing these BP opportunities...

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
They're showing it now :woohoo:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:20 PM
This is f***ing unbelievable.

Hernandez in making 17 winners, only a single unforced error. (I guess you're called KING for a reason :lol:)
16 and 13 for Paulo.

This sucks.

F***ing unreal.

marifline
Paulo gave the King those two SPs

Ome
They're showing it now :woohoo:

And there goes the first set :lol:

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Now he's having a chat with the umpire about God knows what...and now pipi break :lol:

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
I am so useful :haha:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
You so are, Marie! :lol:

If he hires me as a coach, he wouldn't have to go through this :p
Told you to go home and come back for Beijing. Who cares about Wimbledon points? :lol:

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Paulo's not doing anything...Grrr ( oh he just hit two aces in a row)

This is a match he should be winning...Hernandez is staying 10 meters behind the baseline...

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I wonder what happened in the first set. I kind of thought that he might try to dictate the play, that's why there were tons of error :shrug:

He may try doing nothing this set :lol:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:33 PM
This is exactly how I felt following their previous match in Paris :o

So freakin' frustrating :fiery:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Paulo's not doing anything...Grrr ( oh he just hit two aces in a row)

This is a match he should be winning...Hernandez is staying 10 meters behind the baseline...

ShooT! That's exactly what Hernandez did in Paris :o Some people just never learn!

Don't tell me Paulo is trying to hit Herny off the court again :o A-N-G-L-E?
Come to the net, pineapple! Nothing scary up there :dance:

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
He's just hitting the damn ball again..and again...:lol:

EDIT : Actually Paulo's playing better now

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Gosh, he did that in Paris :o
Does he have a coach?? Wait, he has TWO! :rolleyes:

It's going to suck if he misses more BP opportunities like he did in RG.

Vamos, Paulo. DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Haas and Canas are so WTA :lol:

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Break Now Paulo !!!

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:41 PM
He broke :D

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Vamos, baby!! :rocker2:

Make life a bit easier for all of us :o

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:42 PM
He broke :D

What did he do to get the break? :lol:

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Vamos, baby!! :rocker2:

Make life a bit easier for all of us :o

He's playing a tiny bit more agressively and moves Herny around the court

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
He's playing a tiny bit more agressively and moves Herny around the court

Just a tiny bit? :lol: Well, I want another break so VAMOS!!!

One more question: Any sign of Wilander? :o

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Just a tiny bit? :lol: Well, I want another break so VAMOS!!!

One more question: Any sign of Wilander? :o

Tiny bit was ironic ( I guess, given the way he was playing before :rolleyes: )
Go Paulo for the windshield wiper tactic !!! :rocker2:

Yep, Matt's there and wearing a white cap :lol:

Double break VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS !!!! He's finally playing hé hé

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:53 PM
:lol: Impressive service stats in the 2nd set :eek: Haven't lost a single point on serve?!! :smoke:

He was supposed to be doing that in the first place :p It's the winning tactic against Herny and he should have known that coming into this match.

Mats ;) Good to know he's there for our pineapple.

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Don't make it harder than it already is, Paulo.

Break him and go sock shopping! :rocker2:

marifline
06-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Don't make it harder than it already is, Paulo.

Break him and go sock shopping! :rocker2:

:haha:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Now keep the momentum going :armed:

Ome
06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
:haha:

He needs this sort of motivation :lol:

littlepaulette
06-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Seems like it's going better for Paulo :)

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:00 PM
MP for Richard :D

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Richard won so now I can focus on Paulo...or will I wait to hear some horrible english from Richard in his BBC interview...:confused: :lol: Oh I'm hearing it right now...so good...haha

Ome
I'm sooooo glad that Richard wins that match :hatoff:

Merci :worship:

Ome
Seems like it's going better for Paulo :)

And for us, too! :lol:

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Richard won so now I can focus on Paulo...or will I wait to hear some horrible english from Richard in his BBC interview...:confused: :lol: Oh I'm hearing it right now...so good...haha

Oh come on, it's a lovely sound! Unique, you could say :lol:

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Double break !!!! 8 games in a row WOW :worship::worship::worship:

Can you believe Forget praised Richard's english :lol: he said he was speaking a better english than Nadal and that, unlike many Spanish players, Richard was not afraid of conversing in english :haha:

OMG the commentators just said that the next round for Paulo will be either Gil or Jeremy Chardy and I like Jeremy very much since I saw his match vs Almagro for real in RG:sad:

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:10 PM
It takes a lot of effort so he should be praised! :p I'm listening to his interview now! :rocker:

Someone wants a lot of time for sock shopping! :banana:

I'm with Paulo all the way :p He still needs to focus here, though :o

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:12 PM
I just think it's a shame that so many franco-french matches are gonna be played...those match are CRAP :o We don't know yet for Paulo, but next matchfor Richard is against Grosjean :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm not even really watching Paulo :lol:He's doing so well right now I pity poor Oscar :devil:

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Could be Simon after Seb for Richard?

As Murphy would say, "Welcome to the pain train, King!" :devil:

Vamos, Paulo!

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm not even really watching Paulo :lol:He's doing so well right now I pity poor Oscar :devil:

Paulo is so nice. A bagel for the King :worship:

I think the King is still hungry :D

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:18 PM
As Murphy would say, "Welcome to the pain train, King!" :devil:

This is a terrible phrase :scared:

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:20 PM
This is a terrible phrase :scared:

Someone (who's the King's backer) just said that to me earlier today :lol:

Talking psychologically, pain is terrible indeed :o

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Really need to focus here, Paulo! :fiery:

Every time he's close to the finish line, there's usually an episode of a lapse of concentration :o

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Someone (who's the King's backer) just said that to me earlier today :lol:

Talking psychologically, pain is terrible indeed :o
Can you believe the King took the equivalent of TWO bagels : he was leading 2*1 in the second set and hasn't won a game since :lol:

EDIT : King tossed his racket

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Every time he's close to the finish line, there's usually an episode of a lapse of concentration :o
"That's very French" :cool:

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Can you believe the King took the equivalent of TWO bagels : he was leading 2*1 in the second set and hasn't won a game since :lol:

EDIT : King tossed his racket

King tossed his racket quite a few times in Paris and he always got booed!! :rolls: Oh, I love those crowds! :lol:

Prince Pineapple of the Holey Sock Land :worship: King should be honored if he gets another bagel here.
Do it for your people, Prince!

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:26 PM
"That's very French" :cool:

:spit: :haha:

marifline
06-24-2008, 03:28 PM
The net itself is bowing for the Prince, it just gave him a BP

14 games in a row, Paulo made a smile :D the commentators mentionned that Paulo made a break after Notthingham and that he needed it ( but we already knew that thanks to you )

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Another break! *3-0 now!

Three more, baby! No pressure!!!! :banana:

Ome
06-24-2008, 03:31 PM
The net itself is bowing for the Prince, it just gave him a BP

His majesty the Prince :bowdown:

I bribed the net before the match ;)