Grass season 2008 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grass season 2008

soulage
06-01-2008, 08:49 PM
So the grass season.

Firstly Surbiton.

He gets the young Golubev at first round. This one one got some good results this year but on grass I know nothing about him ? Not a bad player.

Anyway at that time Arnaud can loose against everybody :devil:

Good luck, 225 points to defend

soulage
06-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Arnaud also plays double with Roger-Vasselin. First round against Petzschner / Stadler

Via
06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
come on arnaud, show some grass prowess :p

soulage
06-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Normally he plays tomorrow but it seems on an outdoor acrylic court :lol:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/720/op.pdf

Hangdog
06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
So we still have high hopes for Arnaud? :) Allez!

Golubev prefers fast surfaces but he's got a good season even on clay so far - so he seems to be in form. But if Arnaud really wants to defend his points he should beat such guys without troubles.

Arnaud also plays double with Roger-Vasselin. First round against Petzschner / Stadler
Two French ultimate losers of the year :o
Normally he plays tomorrow but it seems on an outdoor acrylic court :lol:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/720/op.pdf
Outdoor hard instead of grass? That's too confusing. Normally if there are bad conditions outdoors they just move it indoors or reschedule for the other day. What's so wrong with their grass? :rolleyes:

soulage
06-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Golubev prefers fast surfaces but he's got a good season even on clay so far - so he seems to be in form. But if Arnaud really wants to defend his points he should beat such guys without troubles.
Normally he should beat this guy but with his awful last match we know that everything is possible :devil: but the guy who played against the Bryans 2 months ago exists. He must just find him again.

Two French ultimate losers of the year :o
Yes! what a great team !

Outdoor hard instead of grass? That's too confusing. Normally if there are bad conditions outdoors they just move it indoors or reschedule for the other day. What's so wrong with their grass? :rolleyes:
Someone had all explained in Challengers forum : courts are not really covered and so they are wet even when it's not raining.

And it's in an other place : anyway not a good train on grass :p

Via
06-04-2008, 01:18 AM
oh no, arnaud will feel so cheated when asked to enter a hard court :scared:

but he can always peek at the grass nearby :p

soulage
06-04-2008, 05:17 PM
According to Challenger forum, he won 6-4 / 7-5 . Not an easy match apparently

Marine
06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
A match is a match. Step by step...

Don't forget he was beaten in RG by the future SEMI FINALIST ;) lol

soulage
06-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Tomorrow against a grass player Bopanna but always on a hard court :rolleyes:

Yes beaten by the semi-finalist who had the chance to play against Arnaud at first round :p

Via
06-05-2008, 01:44 AM
A match is a match. Step by step...

Don't forget he was beaten in RG by the future SEMI FINALIST ;) lol

... and maybe more! don't say we're jinxing him here though ;)

(and you said arnaud was better than gael on paper! lol)

Tomorrow against a grass player Bopanna but always on a hard court :rolleyes:

Yes beaten by the semi-finalist who had the chance to play against Arnaud at first round :p

yes, i'm sure playing against arnaud is good practice for any player :o

soulage
06-05-2008, 06:06 AM
A report in the challenger forum :

Clement still shows signs of his quality, but the serve isn’t what it was and got broken 4 times, and it was the quality of his returns that won him the match – always putting Golubev under pressure, but expected an easier win than what he had.

Always problems with his serve. Maybe better today?

soulage
06-05-2008, 09:25 PM
He played 3 matches today :eek:

He won 6-2 / 7-5 against Bopanna and will play against his double's partner Roger-Vasselin next round.

They won 6-2 / 7-5 against Petzschner/Stadler and 6-4 / 6-3 against Bubka/Stavkovsky

They will play semi-final against Feeney/Smeets

If weather permitting, grass tomorrow.

deanna
06-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Wow! Well done :woohoo:

Thanks for sharing that :)

Marine
06-06-2008, 05:59 PM
(8) Edouard Roger-Vasselin (Fra) bt (3) Arnaud Clement (Fra) 7-5 6-4 :(

soulage
06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes against Roger-Vasselin :o Even if this one reached the 3rd round of Wimbledon last year. But only one break in each set.

One match on grass in fact and the Queen's next week :bolt:

The good news of the day : they are in double's final :)

They won 3-6 / 7-5 / 10-6

higherlaw
06-06-2008, 06:21 PM
:worship:Thanks to everyone for updating those of us who don't have the time to know what's going on!

Via
06-07-2008, 03:33 AM
:lol: once he moved onto the grass, he lost.

luckily he has this guy as a doubles partner :D

yup, thanks for all the updates!

sandy83S
06-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I am a fan of Arnaud since several years, I met several times and he is very very sympatic, nice and simple as opposed to what certain people think!

I hope that this black period will finish, and he will make a beautiful tournament of the queen' S

sorry for my bad english

soulage
06-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Double Final is tomorrow afternoon

For the Queen's he's getting Seppi at first round. If he wins his second match on a ATP tournament this year he could get the amazing Gulbis

He'll play double with Seb, first round against Djokovic/Tipsarevic

Via
06-08-2008, 03:27 AM
I am a fan of Arnaud since several years, I met several times and he is very very sympatic, nice and simple as opposed to what certain people think!

I hope that this black period will finish, and he will make a beautiful tournament of the queen' S

sorry for my bad english

:wavey: sandy. arnaud has always been nice off court, i don't think anyone will disagree with that!

Double Final is tomorrow afternoon

For the Queen's he's getting Seppi at first round. If he wins his second match on a ATP tournament this year he could get the amazing Gulbis

:lol: even djoko is using arnaud for training

good to see seb coming back. good luck to both of them!

soulage
06-08-2008, 04:44 PM
He doesn't play tomorrow according to OOP.

First title for him this year at Surbiton :) They won 7-6 (4) / 6-7 (3) / 10-7 in doubles final

Hangdog
06-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Bravo for the victory in doubles BUT
Yes against Roger-Vasselin :o Even if this one reached the 3rd round of Wimbledon last year. But only one break in each set.

That's too bad indeed if he loses to guys like ERV :( Though will see what is going to happen next week.

:hearts: Dream-team is back! Allez :rocker2:

Marine
06-08-2008, 07:56 PM
It's been a long time we haven't seen them together in double :)
Yes !!!!

sandy83S
06-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Arnaud is 86e with classification ATP. He gained 9 places this week and in double he passes in front of Mika Llodra to be the 11th best player of double!

to gain 9 places is good for him and to help to take again confidence!

deanna
06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
:yeah: :woohoo:

soulage
06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
That's too bad indeed if he loses to guys like ERV :( Though will see what is going to happen next week.
I think we all know what will happen this week :unsure:

The match against Seppi is the first match on court 9 and their doubles is the last match on court 1. Have fun for both matches :)

Via
06-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Arnaud is 86e with classification ATP. He gained 9 places this week and in double he passes in front of Mika Llodra to be the 11th best player of double!

to gain 9 places is good for him and to help to take again confidence!

gained 9 places for going out first round at RG? or for his effort at a 'grass' challenger? :scratch:

11th in doubles... hope that means he's now 100% going to the olympics.

Truc
06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
No, that means on the contrary he hasn't qualified and his only chance to go to the Olympics is to get a WC. I've read that everywhere and L'Equipe also confirms it today:
ONZIÈME. Arnaud Clément apparaît aujourd’hui au 11e rang du classement ATP de double. Une place de mieux et il était assuré de pouvoir disputer les Jeux Olympiques avec Michaël Llodra, lui-même 12e. Mais la règle est ainsi : seuls les 10 premiers mondiaux de double ont accès à Pékin, indépendamment de leur classement de simple. Le duo français devra donc compter sur une wild-card pour aller aux Jeux.
If they don't get a WC, the singles players will play doubles for France (which will be a joke since Gilles and Gaël are completely hopeless in doubles - and no offense to his fans, but Paulo isn't that much better). So I guess France will make pressure to get a doubles WC.

Via
06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
No, that means on the contrary he hasn't qualified and his only chance to go to the Olympics is to get a WC. I've read that everywhere and L'Equipe also confirms it today:
ONZIÈME. Arnaud Clément apparaît aujourd’hui au 11e rang du classement ATP de double. Une place de mieux et il était assuré de pouvoir disputer les Jeux Olympiques avec Michaël Llodra, lui-même 12e. Mais la règle est ainsi : seuls les 10 premiers mondiaux de double ont accès à Pékin, indépendamment de leur classement de simple. Le duo français devra donc compter sur une wild-card pour aller aux Jeux.
If they don't get a WC, the singles players will play doubles for France (which will be a joke since Gilles and Gaël are completely hopeless in doubles - and no offense to his fans, but Paulo isn't that much better). So I guess France will make pressure to get a doubles WC.

:sad: i have to trust french media's analysis... but it's so hard to believe. the singles cut-off is so much lower.

soulage
06-10-2008, 02:36 PM
No surprise we could say ! he lost 3-6 / 6-4 / 1-6

This match had well begun for Arnaud with a first game on serve won very easily . But the second was already tough with 4 break balls against him and he saved only 3. He also saved one break ball in the following game and more problematic we can notice that he didn't get any break balls in the first set that's he logically lost 6-3

In the second set, he got two balls for leading 2-0 but he failed even if Seppi made 4 double faults in this same game. But to be positive we can say that's he began much better this second set with no break balls against him until 3-3 whereas his % of first serve was so bad! An easy game on serve at 4-4 for leading 5-4 and then 15-40 on Seppi's serve and finally second set for Arnaud.

In the third set, he lost his serve in the first game and then there were no more problems for Seppi. After the gain of the second set Arnaud sank or maybe Seppi has accelerated ? Very short last set about 20 minutes. He saved the bagel on Seppi's serve but lost again his serve after.

He made one quite good set but it's only to be positive in this absolutely awful year in single for him.

He lost also 100 points :rolleyes:

Doubles later or not because Seb is maybe injured ?

*Seb has problem with his thigh

sandy83S
06-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm irritate for him, frankly, one feels he is full with will, envy but that does not pay! this season will be to be forgotten!

Hangdog
06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Soulage, as always thank you for the match report! You must be a really patient person and a loyal supporter of Arnaud to follow every match of him :worship:
Well, with this defeat my last hope is lost :lol: Now I only wish him to go to the Olympics and do his best there.

And as for the doubles, they were replaces by ALT there so it's over as well. Ah Seb... :sad:

soulage
06-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Soulage, as always thank you for the match report! You must be a really patient person and a loyal supporter of Arnaud to follow every match of him :worship:

Or someone who works on a PC and makes both things at the same time ;) And that's true that Seb / Arnaud / Di Pascual / Escudé ... were of my generation that's why I kept a special feeling for them even they're not or no more good tennis players :angel:

For grass season, there is always Wimbledon where he can pass one round :p

Marine
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Or someone who works on a PC and makes both things at the same time ;) And that's true that Seb / Arnaud / Di Pascual / Escudé ... were of my generation that's why I kept a special feeling for them even they're not or no more good tennis players :angel:

Idem ;)

Via
06-11-2008, 12:56 PM
a 20 minute set :o well it's grass after all.

:worship: thanks for your report, from me too!

this season is so different from last year :sobbing: it shows how important form and confidence and such things are, even he's known to be skilled on grass :(

sandy83S
06-12-2008, 06:24 PM

For grass season, there is always Wimbledon where he can pass one round :p

Me also I have weak for all these players, Arnaud Clément, A. Di Pasquale, S. Grosjean, N. Escudé, M. Llodra because even if career is not exceptional for them, they have the envy, the pleasure to play, the motivation and tenacity with always advancing in spite off wounds, bad results ! A beautiful band of friends who amuse together,

Now "the" R Gasquet, G Monfils and others are never happy of nothing….

Marine
06-12-2008, 06:53 PM
a 20 minute set :o well it's grass after all.

In RG, ONE game can last 20 min...lol
On clay it's too much long, on grass, too much short, ace, return, that's all...in fact, I prefer hard courts.

soulage
06-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Arnaud will play S-Hertogenbosh instead of Nottingham this year. Nottingham is a better tournament for me but s-Hertogenbosh gets a weaker draw.

Kezzi
06-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I didn't expect Arno to play 's-Hertogenbosch, but I am soooo happy he will be there :D
Finally I will see him again! And there's no need to travel far to a boring tournament this time ;)

Via
06-14-2008, 10:50 AM
he could've entered either tournament directly, as there were a lot of withdrawals. (just checked). so on paper at least, the entry field is not that different at s-whatever (sorry).

but we all know it would've been harder at nottingham, because his old foe, tall ivo, will be there! :lol:

kezzi, you get lucky again ;) have fun! (no more exams?)

soulage
06-14-2008, 03:01 PM
He gets Nieminen (the seed 3# of the tournament) in first round.

I hope you'll see him Kezzi

Doubles : He'll play with Serra (for the first time I think ?) First round against the WC Verkerk / Huta Galung

soulage
06-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Nieminen had withdrawn. It seems that's Arnaud will now play against a qualifier and not the LL :confused:

The qualifier is Benjamin Becker who was beaten not easily by Blake this week in Halle.

Grenouille
06-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Does Arnaud think about retiring ? I hope not.

Marine
06-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Why this question ? (si subite ? lol)
I don't think so.

Becker is good on grass, not easy...

Hangdog
06-15-2008, 08:24 PM

Me also I have weak for all these players, Arnaud Clément, A. Di Pasquale, S. Grosjean, N. Escudé, M. Llodra because even if career is not exceptional for them, they have the envy, the pleasure to play, the motivation and tenacity with always advancing in spite off wounds, bad results ! A beautiful band of friends who amuse together,

Now "the" R Gasquet, G Monfils and others are never happy of nothing….
:yeah: :worship: Agree with every word.
I didn't expect Arno to play 's-Hertogenbosch, but I am soooo happy he will be there :D
Finally I will see him again! And there's no need to travel far to a boring tournament this time ;)
:bounce: Wish you a good tournament! And I'm already looking forward to your pictures (and hopefully reports!) :)
Nieminen had withdrawn. It seems that's Arnaud will now play against a qualifier and not the LL :confused:

The qualifier is Benjamin Becker who was beaten not easily by Blake this week in Halle.
A weird thing indeed. I've seen once that when a seeded player withdrew on Saturday/Sunday they simply replaced him with another guy who was initially in the entry list but didn't play the quallies, then changed the draw a bit and added the 9th seeded player :rolleyes: I think there were some changes in the rules considering Lucky Losers.

Anyway I suppose it's only fine for Arnaud... As for the doubles, yeah, Arnaud & Flo are an interesting combination. Hope they won't lose against Verkerk lol
Does Arnaud think about retiring ? I hope not.
He is forever young :rocker2:

soulage
06-15-2008, 09:46 PM
He isn't Karlovic but his serve is efficient on grass for sure. Anyway, at that time, it will probably be tough for Arnaud

They play tomorrow on court 3 (around 13:00)

Marine
06-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Every match is tough for Arnaud. On every surfaces... :awww:
But his worse adversary is..himself :rolleyes:

Via
06-16-2008, 01:25 AM
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2008%20WTAATP%20Rosmalen/DSCN9056.jpg

arnaud's practice pic thanks to rrfnpump

Via
06-16-2008, 01:28 AM
i'm not surprised he gets a tough opponent for a qualifier. if he had to enter qualies instead, he might not have qualified! lol

i can see two first round exits in a row :o good luck anyway. hope he runs into kezzi! :D

Grenouille
06-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't think so.

Well, he is gonna be 30, out of top 100... Future don't look great for him.

Bobble
06-16-2008, 03:09 PM
good win Arnaud

soulage
06-16-2008, 05:19 PM
So extraordinary news this win :devil:

6-3 / 3-6 / 6-4

He made a quite good first set, the crucial moment was on his serve at 2-2, he saved 3 break balls. Arnaud broke at 4-3 on his only break ball of the first set. Then he held his serve to win the set.

He got a tough moment at the beginning of second set. Becker led 4-0 but Arnaud came back to 4-2 and 5-3 but it was not enought. He started too late this set.

In the third, Arnaud made the break at 5-4 on the only break ball (for both) of this set.

Becker is only 10 aces for 8 double faults and 51% 1st serve much easy for Arnaud who broke 3 times Becker.

barbottin
06-16-2008, 05:27 PM
A main draw win on a atp event :confused:
:drink: CHAMPAGNE !! :aparty:

Hangdog
06-16-2008, 06:51 PM
A main draw win on a atp event :confused:
:drink: CHAMPAGNE !! :aparty:
His SECOND win like that this year :angel: I think he might have been inspired with his new ranking :devil:

Soulage, thanks for the details, looks like he's got a high percentage of converted break points - so I guess everything was alright with the mental part of his game this time.

Next round is against a typical claycourter Granollers.

Kezzi
06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't think so.

I'm very tired now, so I'll report about my weekend tomorrow :)

But to answer the important question: He's not :bounce:
Steph (posts on mtf, some of you might know her) asked him and he said almost literally: "I'm not playing well at the moment, but I am not thinking about retiring" with a big smile on his face.

Via
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
His SECOND win like that this year :angel: I think he might have been inspired with his new ranking :devil:

Soulage, thanks for the details, looks like he's got a high percentage of converted break points - so I guess everything was alright with the mental part of his game this time.

Next round is against a typical claycourter Granollers.

now that's what i'd call a lucky break.... don't tell me that he may win two matches in a row now :eek:

I'm very tired now, so I'll report about my weekend tomorrow :)

But to answer the important question: He's not :bounce:
Steph (posts on mtf, some of you might know her) asked him and he said almost literally: "I'm not playing well at the moment, but I am not thinking about retiring" with a big smile on his face.

don't know, if he keeps getting the same question, he just has to start thinking about it! it's also a great way of suggesting to him, that he hasn't been playing well and we're not happy:devil: :lol:

sandy83S
06-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Today, in double, arnaud and florent Serra gained 6/4 7/6(7)

2 victories into simple and double in 2 matches….It's well for confidence

higherlaw
06-17-2008, 08:46 PM
:wavey: On Wednesday Arnaud will take on Granollers in the morning and then Canas/Del Potro later in the day.

higherlaw
06-18-2008, 03:12 PM
:bounce: ok, this is good! A Clement (FRA) d M Granollers (ESP) 67(8) 63 63
There is also this result: J Del Potro (ARG) d R Schuettler (GER) 76(3) 76(5), so Arnaud will play Del Potro in singles, too!

Hope he can make it two for two today!

Marine
06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Ohhh, he won 2 matchs in a row !!!
Good for the confidence...

sandy83S
06-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Yes!!! Arnaud won 2 matchs !!! and and he goes into 1/4 of finale

good fot his confidence!

Go Arnaud!!

Hangdog
06-18-2008, 04:37 PM
:bounce: ok, this is good! A Clement (FRA) d M Granollers (ESP) 67(8) 63 63
What did Kezzi & Co do to him? :scratch:

Nice win anyway :yeah:

soulage
06-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I followed on scoreboard the first and the last set.

Arnaud began quite well with good first serve, he broke at 4-3 and was serving for the set at 5-3 but Granollers broke back. In the tie-break, he led 4-2 but lost it 6-8.

I didn't follow the second set but Arnaud saved 12 break balls on 13 :eek:. It's was 3 breaks to 1.

On the last set he broke at 2-1 to win this match after saving break balls in this set.

Granollers must be angry against him, he got 18 break balls in the match and converted only 2 :eek:

Tomorrow will be an other story :devil: Del Potro is really a good server, plays quite good this week and with Canas they crushed Arnaud and Florent in doubles : 6-0 / 6-2 :eek: :lol:

But anyway 2 victory in a row :D

higherlaw
06-18-2008, 06:39 PM
I followed on scoreboard the first and the last set.

Arnaud began quite well with good first serve, he broke at 4-3 and was serving for the set at 5-3 but Granollers broke back. In the tie-break, he led 4-2 but lost it 6-8.

I didn't follow the second set but Arnaud saved 12 break balls on 13 :eek:. It's was 3 breaks to 1.

On the last set he broke at 2-1 to win this match after saving break balls in this set.

Granollers must be angry against him, he got 18 break balls in the match and converted only 2 :eek:

Tomorrow will be an other story :devil: Del Potro is really a good server, plays quite good this week and with Canas they crushed Arnaud and Florent in doubles : 6-0 / 6-2 :eek: :lol:

But anyway 2 victory in a row :D

Thanks for the match report.

OMG, that doubles score is...ridiculous!

Via
06-19-2008, 12:32 AM
:worship: two wins in a row!

yes, del potro and canas are grass geniuses :lol: but arnaud in his better days was not afraid of big servers.

sandy83S
06-19-2008, 08:12 AM
In double, Florent and Arnaud don't play together usually, and then Florent wanted to set out again quickly in London for the next tournament, he seemed very not concentrated!:rolleyes:... and Arnaud prefers certainly to concentrate on the simple one,:) he must revive to arrive into 1/4 of finale of a tournament ATP,.... even if hardest is to be come:p, all that can give again confidence to him!

yesterday in the local press, a journalist said that Arnaud started to find truths feelings off pleasure in his play!

and He also said that in moments difficult morally, a sportsman needs to be well in his personal life and to surround by his close relations to hold morally and he said that Arnaud must certainly have all:) that to continue to play and to want after his bad season!

sandy83S
06-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Arnaud lost! :sad:

he had started very extremely, 1st set gained 6/3:) and then he doesn't have succeeds in holding the same rhythm and lost 3/6 1/6. :sad:

The positive point in this tournament it's he showed more confidence in his play, and a better quality of play compared to these last weeks!

soulage
06-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Yes, Arnaud well began or Del Potro wasn't yet in the match : make your choice :)

Arnaud was 4-0 and served for 5-0 but Del Potro has broken him but after this coming back to 4-2 Del Potro lost again his serve at the end of the set. Only 2 aces for 2 doubles faults in this first set for the young Del Potro.

As very often this season :rolleyes:, Arnaud was broken on the first game of the second set but came back to 3-3. The following game on Arnaud's serve was the crucial moment of the set and maybe of the match ? At least 6 deuce : 3 games balles for Arnaud and many break balls and finally Del Potro broke. The set ended on two love games.

In the third set, Arnaud lost his first serving game so Del Potro led fastly 3-0. Then the games were more close and specially the last won : Arnaud saved 5 match points and got 5 break points but lost the game and the match but he didn't abdicated at 5-1 :)

I think he plays better now but he's always not safe on his serve but some things positives to take in this tournament I believe :)

Next week he'll be around 145# : worst ranking since 97

I suppose that the decision for Olympic Games ( Monday ?) and his ranking after Wimbledon will decide his schedule for the 2nd part of the season.

Wait for the draw of Wimbledon : Does he will win a match in a GS this year ? :devil:

Hangdog
06-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Wait for the draw of Wimbledon : Does he will win a match in a GS this year ? :devil:
I don't know whom he should get to win a match at Wimbledon :o

Well, thanks to Arnaud JMDP is in semis of a grass tournament, what a joke. As far as I remember last June it was the first time in his entire life this guy played tennis on grass! Oh well... at least I do hope that their loss in doubles was on purpose.

soulage
06-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Del Potro is not so bad on grass, he learns well even it's not "his" surface

But there is three clay-players in semis : Ferrer - Del Potro - Canas and Gicquel. Very strange for a grass tournament :confused:

For Wimbledon Arnaud and Micka are seed 7# and it's still in 5 sets :eek:

For the singles draw , it's always the same : get a seed player to play on a big court and having nothing to loose or get a big big loser on grass :angel:

Marine
06-19-2008, 08:32 PM
3 matches in a row would bave been unpossibe :confused:
pffffff, it's not normal to be satisfied when he wins 2 matches... :rolleyes:

Via
06-20-2008, 02:22 AM
Next week he'll be around 145# : worst ranking since 97

I suppose that the decision for Olympic Games ( Monday ?) and his ranking after Wimbledon will decide his schedule for the 2nd part of the season.

:scared: so this is what he's worth, without the breakout results from grass last year. i suppose he's going through the list of challengers for the 2nd half?

I don't know whom he should get to win a match at Wimbledon :o

well if del petro and canas have learned to play on grass, i don't know who i should pick on! lol those other clay types who don't want to try, have already pulled out :p

Via
06-20-2008, 10:49 AM
according to the gm thread on the draw... arnaud has drawn bjorkman... we'll need two of those old men with a stick :haha:

in the doubles, clement/llodra will play Frederico Gil/Dick Norman. let's hope that they'll do a lot better than clement/serra lol.

higherlaw
06-20-2008, 01:53 PM
C'est vrai, it's Bjorkman. Arnaud beat him last year at Nottingham (when he was playing so well) 62 64. Jonas is also ranked below 100, but just, at 101. If he wins this match, he'll take on the winner of Becker/Davydenko.

soulage
06-20-2008, 05:25 PM
A veterans match :rocker2:

I don't know what to think :confused: Bjorkman does nothing this year (too old ? :p) but Arnaud is also unpredictable . 50/50 I says.

In doubles, It seems to be not a tough round but :bolt:

Marine
06-20-2008, 08:29 PM
I'd say 60/40 Bjorkman, Bjorkman always is able to make a good match on grass, it's his surface.
I don't see arnaud win a single in grand slam this year, I don't know why... it would be a miracle. :unsure:

ps: I can't wait for kezzi's reports and pics. I hope she enjoyed the tournament.

soulage
06-20-2008, 09:37 PM
I'd say 60/40 Bjorkman, Bjorkman always is able to make a good match on grass, it's his surface.
I don't see arnaud win a single in grand slam this year, I don't know why... it would be a miracle. :unsure:

ps: I can't wait for kezzi's reports and pics. I hope she enjoyed the tournament.

Maybe 60 / 50. I said 50 / 50 because of the last results of Jonas. Since few month his ranking dropped down. But, of course, it's his surface and he often well play in Wimbledon :) And by the way he can still well play on one match mostly if Arnaud helps him as he likes to do with his opponents :rolleyes: And I'm sure that's a win against Jonas won't be easy because nothing is easy for Arnaud :o

I don't know if he'll win a match in a GS this year but it's maybe one of his last opportunities :devil: Probably qualification to play for USO and for next year ?

higherlaw
06-21-2008, 12:54 PM

Yeah, Kezzi, where are you?:scratch:

Hangdog
06-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Nice draw :p Should be an interesting match!
Maybe 60 / 50. I said 50 / 50 because of the last results of Jonas. Since few month his ranking dropped down. But, of course, it's his surface and he often well play in Wimbledon :) And by the way he can still well play on one match mostly if Arnaud helps him as he likes to do with his opponents :rolleyes: And I'm sure that's a win against Jonas won't be easy because nothing is easy for Arnaud :o

I don't know if he'll win a match in a GS this year but it's maybe one of his last opportunities :devil: Probably qualification to play for USO and for next year ?
I suppose the "one of the last opportunities" thing suits to Bjorkman's case as well, especially considering his age. But I think you're right, on paper Arnaud is a slight favorite. The problem is that at the moment it's so hard to imagine Arnaud winning a match...

Kezzi
06-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, Kezzi, where are you?:scratch:
I'm sorry :awww:
The pictures will come tomorrow together with my small report :)
My teachers had more comments on my graduation report than I expected, so I had to work a lot on it this week to improve, before turning it in.
But on Thursday I found out I can't even graduate this year, because of a stupid rule for retaking an exam in the last year, so I still have untill February to improve my report again if it still isn't good enough.
I have more time now, hopefully now it's enough to pass and the only thing I will have to do next year is that stupid retake. I failed with 0.3 points :(

sandy83S
06-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I hope that Arnaud will be able to leave himself this difficult season and even if I have doubts into simple, I hope that in double with Mika he will arrive has go far in Wimbledon, like last year!

my friend said that : a French journalist present at St'Hertogenbosch he would have to request from Arnaud news of his private life and Arnaud would have answered " It's nice you worry about my personal life, but all is well! I haven't anything other to say!

failing this to be happy in tennis, he is happy in love!:p:hearts:

Marine
06-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm happy for him.
But I'd like to be happy for a big win, for example... lol

barbottin
06-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Glad to learn that Mr Leroy is happy :D
Did anyone notice that the journalists of sport365.fr call him " le compagnon de Nolwenn Leroy " in their articles ? It's a bit stupid, how many fans of sports know who is Nolwenn Leroy ? :lol:

Kezzi
06-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Well, my Sunday was busier than expected, but here are a few pics. I couldn't let my fellow Arno fans wait any longer :)
I also have to crop a few pictures, but I will do that this week and upload all my pics on photobucket :) I'm a photoshop newbie, so I was already happy when I found out it can automatically resize and label :lol:
Usually I did that one pic at the time :eek:

Don't know when exactly the rest of the pics will be uploaded, because I have a birthday tomorrow and also some exams this week, but the report will come tomorrow evening for sure! :)

Via
06-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, my Sunday was busier than expected, but here are a few pics. I couldn't let my fellow Arno fans wait any longer :)
I also have to crop a few pictures, but I will do that this week and upload all my pics on photobucket :) I'm a photoshop newbie, so I was already happy when I found out it can automatically resize and label :lol:

Don't know when exactly the rest of the pics will be uploaded, because I have a birthday tomorrow and also some exams this week, but the report will come tomorrow evening for sure! :)

happy birthday kezzi :hug:

thanks for the pics. looks like you had got hold of him at a practice :)

i still do one pic at a time! :eek:

higherlaw
06-23-2008, 02:05 AM
So, if the contest between Jonas and Arnaud was based on fans, followers and posters on MTF, Arnaud would win! The last post on Jonas' forum was on April 21!!
:bigclap: hurray to us!

Glad to learn that Mr Leroy is happy :D
Did anyone notice that the journalists of sport365.fr call him " le compagnon de Nolwenn Leroy " in their articles ? It's a bit stupid, how many fans of sports know who is Nolwenn Leroy ? :lol:
:haha: Mr. Leroy! Maybe now he knows how Bruno feels...le frere de Arnaud.

Thanks for the pictures and I look forward to more (and more info). Happy birthday; don't let exams ruin your day :aparty:

deanna
06-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Nice pictures. Thanks Kezzi :) :hug:

soulage
06-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Second match on court 11 tomorrow.

Bjorkman annonced he will retire at the end of the season, it's his last Wimbledon maybe a present from Arnaud for the occasion : he will let Jonas win :angel:

PS : I'm watching Llodra - Ancic and Micka is injured, he plays very slowly

Hangdog
06-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the pictures, Kezzi!!! Arnaud does look happy :)

Bjorkman annonced he will retire at the end of the season, it's his last Wimbledon maybe a present from Arnaud for the occasion : he will let Jonas win :angel:
:lol: But he'd rather not!
PS : I'm watching Llodra - Ancic and Micka is injured, he plays very slowly
Hope nothing too serious :unsure: On scoreboard it looks less frightening.

Marine
06-23-2008, 07:41 PM
What a good news, wimbledon on canal+ clair !!! :bounce:
But Micka can't play normally, he can't move, what a pity. I think he's going to retire...

Marine
06-23-2008, 07:42 PM
well, he retired. On grass, it's so disapointing, he could make a great thing.
I don't know if he will withdraw in double...

soulage
06-23-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't know if he will withdraw in double...
Maybe

On Canal + they said that when you retired in single it was the ATP's doctors who decided if you could play doubles, Micka isn't the only decision maker. (I didn't know about this rule) Even if he feels better in few days it's not sure they will play.

barbottin
06-23-2008, 09:41 PM
It is really sad for Llodra, he could have been the greatest french hope in Wimbledon...
Anyway his double partner probably doesn't care about defending their title considering that they are sure to go to Beijing. A luck for Arnaud, he will probably be on holidays tomorrow :devil:

Marine
06-23-2008, 09:51 PM
A luck for Arnaud, he will probably be on holidays tomorrow :devil:

ahhaha tu prends pas de gants toi ...lol
As terrible as it may sound, it's probably what it will happen... :unsure:
For once, he's happy not to play double, he won't have to stay in england.
Holiday sooner. Merci Micka.

(Should we give him some chances for tomorrow before talking about holiday ? lol)

barbottin
06-23-2008, 09:57 PM
ahhaha tu prends pas de gants toi ...lol
As terrible as it may sound, it's probably what it will happen... :unsure:
For once, he's happy not to play double, he won't have to stay in england.
Holiday sooner. Merci Micka.

(Should we give him some chances for tomorrow before talking about holiday ? lol)

Hum...I don't know...It's Bjorkman's last Wimbledon, he will certainly be very motivated...And Arnaud very motivated by his holidays ( with his brunette ) :lol:

Kezzi
06-23-2008, 11:20 PM
happy birthday kezzi :hug:

thanks for the pics. looks like you had got hold of him at a practice :)

i still do one pic at a time! :eek:
It was not my own birthday :p
But still thanks ;)

I did, didn't miss a practice in 3 days and saw 1 match :)

On saturday: first practice
Ofcourse I was really happy to find out Arno choose 's-Hertogenbosch :D
Then I noticed Bruno wasn't there :awww: but I was still happy to see Arno.
When he walked to his bag, I asked him where Bruno was and he was at home. Ofcourse this week is a better one for a holiday at home than Wimbledon :p .
I asked him for a picture afterwards, the one with the towel around his neck.
When I was trying to get my camera to focus, I discovered why it didn't work in the first place. Arno almost stuck his nose in my camera and then moved backwards :lol: It was really funny, I'm sad I didn't have my camera on video mode, it was hilarious.

On sunday his first practice was with Kristof Vliegen. They were joking a lot during this session, it was really funny to watch.
Arno practiced another time later in the afternoon. My sister arrived right after that first session, so she was really happy she could see Arno too. It was the only day she could go and he didn't have to play his first round.
That practice was with Gicquel. Also some very funny moments, but I didn't understand a word they said :p After that session my sis and I wanted a picture with Arno. We asked him to do it when walking off the training courts, because the Krajiceks were training too, so really really busy.
Then I wanted to say, "we have to find someone to take our picture" but Arno said something in French of which I only understood "photo". Turns out he asked Gicquel to take the pic :D I explained to him that my camera works just like the small ones on automatic mode and when I turned around Arno was already ready for the pic with a big smile on his face :D
Marc took the pic, showed it to us and took another one, because my sister forgot she was still wearing her sunglasses. Then we asked Arno to greet Bruno for us and wished him good luck for his match.

Monday, finally match day :D
First of all let me say: Whatever you heard about the ballkids in 's-Herto, Arno wasn't overreacting this time. They were really really terrible, never seen anything like it. And they were afraid to move to begin with, but when Arno got frustrated it was like they were made of ice.
And not rolling the balls in the right direction, not running to pick them up and all those things. Even frustrating for the audience.

Ok, I think everyone here can imagine Arno's reaction to this, at one point he asked the umpire to call them together and explain again. Which he did, because he agreed Arno wasn't overreacting.
He also lost the second set, because he lost his concentration. Overall the match was quite good, some good points for both players, but nothing really special. For me it was, because it was Arno, but only looking at tennis it was just a regular match with some very very good games.
The picture were Arno is waving, is when a coach sat down to watch. I believe it was the one with Olivier Rochus. He practised with him and Serra in the morning.
After the match I congratulated Arno with his win and we started talking. He said that he knew he was horrible to the ballkids sometimes, so yes he admits it :p After that I walked with him towards the players lounge (quite a long walk from court 3), because he said he forgot to greet Bruno, but he would do it today. And I told him we were in Marseille and we had a short conversation about our holiday there last summer and that we also visited Aix. He was happy that my sis and I liked it so much, but I still have to meet the Frenchman who isn't proud of his country :p
And that was it, we reached the point were I couldn't go through anymore, so I wished him good luck for the rest of the week and said I hope to see him again this year. And I think he got the hint that he shouldn't leave Bruno at home next time :lol:

Kezzi
06-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the pictures, Kezzi!!! Arnaud does look happy :)

:lol: But he'd rather not!

Hope nothing too serious :unsure: On scoreboard it looks less frightening.
He was really happy all the time, except on saturday morning. But when I took that picture of him after training, he was already very happy again and joking.

Kezzi
06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Hum...I don't know...It's Bjorkman's last Wimbledon, he will certainly be very motivated...And Arnaud very motivated by his holidays ( with his brunette ) :lol:
In my eyes that would be weird, there's no point in going to Wimbledon if you don't believe you'll make it past round 1 :rolleyes:
Then he could've better taken a holiday in the week of 's-Hertogenbosch.
And what I saw in that match against Becker, I believe Arno is still (or again) very motivated to win. He didn't give up in that match when it wasn't going so well, 4-0 behind in the second set and still fighting for every point. And Rosmalen isn't such an important tournament as Wimbledon...
But maybe I see it differently than an actual tennis player.

Via
06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
:hug: kezzi, you must have cheered him up tremendously. that's why he played better than usual :lol:

as for tonight (today for the rest of you), i won't mind if arnaud sends off jonas in style :D but it should be a good fight between the veterans. btw isn't seb also playing? is he also 30 now? we need a few more walking sticks.

deanna
06-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the report :) :hug:

higherlaw
06-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Watch Arnaud play on court 11 on Wimbledon's website (that is if you don't have a Mac or use Linux :mad:), but it doesn't seem to be free!

Marine
06-24-2008, 06:17 PM
HE WON, HE WON !!!! :woohoo:
4 sets, 4/6 7/6 6/4 7/6 ! What a good score !
I'm happy I was wrong, he's still alive in the tournament and...it's his first win in grand slam this year, :aparty:
If only it could give him some confidence and some motivation !

sandy83S
06-24-2008, 06:22 PM
HE WON, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!:bounce::bounce:

I know that It's not an exploit to gain a match but him which since months, left to the first turn!:dance:

Go Arnaud :)

soulage
06-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Maybe he didn't find yet the destination for holidays :devil:

A very tough match and quite long for a match on grass! It's was also a long time that's he didn't have won two tie-breaks in a match.

Becker has defeated Davydenko. He gets a lot of confidence and wants probably takes his revenge of last week. I'm not very optimistic :confused:

But Arnaud won a match in a GS congrats to him :worship:

Hangdog
06-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Arnaud!! :bowdown:

Tennis genius at work:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/2607571717_5ee46fa394_o.jpg

Becker has defeated Davydenko. He gets a lot of confidence and wants probably takes his revenge of last week. I'm not very optimistic :confused:

Would you be more optimistic if he got Davydenko? :p
Sure Becker's victory over Davydenko means something but in general I'd say getting Bjorkman for the 1st and Becker for the 2nd round is a perfect draw :shrug:

Kezzi, thanks for the fantastic report! You surely weren't wasting your time :yeah: Sorry about Bruno's absence though :hug: That's incredible you could ask Arnaud about his relationship with ballkids :lol: :worship:

soulage
06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Would you be more optimistic if he got Davydenko? :p

To be honest yes :p

Davydenko doesn't know how play on grass.

We saw three very impressive points of Arnaud on Canal + :D

barbottin
06-24-2008, 08:07 PM
WOW most chocking news of the year :lol:
Not a wonderful performance but he could have lost it so he deserves a little well done;)

(the brunette was there)

soulage
06-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Some words of Arnaud on Eurosport website :

Arnaud Clément (vainqueur du Suédois Jonas Bjorkman): "J'ai vécu une période pas facile et j'espère que je suis en train d'en sortir. Ca fait du bien. C'était ce que j'aime dans le tennis, une bonne bagarre. Ma priorité N.1, ce sont les jeux Olympiques en double."
"I just live a difficult period. I hope that's i'm going away. It feels good. That's what I love in Tennis : good fight. My priority number one is the Olympics Games in Doubles "

Tomorrow Gil/Norman will play against qualifiers so it means official withdrawl !

If they play OG in doubles, they maybe should win some matches lol none since 3 months for the team

Marine
06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Goatee is back :awww:

Audio's interview http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2008/?id=3816
It's so good to hear him, happy voice of the happy days, and his comments sound good, he's glad to have to play on his favorite surfaces until the end of the year, grass then hard... he thinks he can play well now, and the OG is his main goal, it's gonna be very hard, but to get a medal is a big dream, and the OG are just a dream for him.
All is ok. I like "Je sais pas pour la suite du tournoi mais aujourd'hui en tout cas...je sais que je peux bien jouer au tennis encore !LOL". This sentence summarizes his feelings.
"Today, I know I still can play well in tennis ! lol". He needed to prove himself he's able to win a match. lol

higherlaw
06-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah Arnaud, I think everyone was shocked. He can beat Becker again!

Tomorrow Gil/Norman will play against qualifiers so it means official withdrawl !

Too bad...

btw, Bjorkman announced his retirement from tennis after their match.

Via
06-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Kezzi, thanks for the fantastic report! You surely weren't wasting your time :yeah: Sorry about Bruno's absence though :hug: That's incredible you could ask Arnaud about his relationship with ballkids :lol: :worship:

well... didn't he give her the standard excuse (that he must have given himself, and his mum, millions of times) :o

that's why someone like me should never ask, cos he could tell the sarcasm in my tone! lol

Some words of Arnaud on Eurosport website :

If they play OG in doubles, they maybe should win some matches lol none since 3 months for the team

poor guy he's pinning his dream this year on a tournament that he still isn't confirmed to play!

it's a pity the defending champions have to withdraw. now where can they get the big match practice before OG? :awww:

finally yeah it's great that arnaud did send bjorkman off... otherwise someone should wonder who really should be retiring! yes higherlaw most fans already know bjorkman had announced retirement, before the match.

deanna
06-25-2008, 08:10 AM
YAY :dance:
Well done Arnaud!

kukka
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM
How great that Arnaud won in singles!!! :D But too bad that they had to withdraw from doubles... :sad:

Elina

Ome
06-25-2008, 03:58 PM
:wavey: Pictures from his match. Some of them are already posted, I'm not sure...these might be a bit bigger :lol:

Marine
06-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks Ome, there are any pics of the match on the web...

20 sec of the match against Bjorkman (go to 2.14 directly)
http://www.canalplus.fr/c-sport/c-tennis/pid2113-c-tennis-wimbledon.html

Marine
06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Question: Will Nolwenn be able to make him win more than one match ? (After miami and bordeaux) lol

http://www.purepeople.com/10944-PHOTOS-EXCLUSIVES-Nolwenn-Leroy-une-femme-amoureuse-dans-les-gradins-.html

Via
06-26-2008, 07:40 AM
he and becker will play first up on some outside court today.

why is it that cameras were pointing at him from ground level? lol

and thanks for all the pics and links ;)

Bobble
06-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Congrats Arnaud. a good turnaround point for the season

higherlaw
06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
:bigclap: So it's a win vs Becker 76 76 63. He'll play Melzer who won in five sets vs Levine.

All in all, he's had a pretty good draw and the pressure is off for doubles.

barbottin
06-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Deux victoires consécutives ? :eek: Attention nous rentrons dans la quatrième dimension...

Marine
06-26-2008, 05:57 PM
:bounce::worship::clap2:

I am so HAPPY ! 2 wins in a row, not in a challenger, it's good !
He said in interview the match wasn't very beautiful, but he was proud of his behaviour, his regularity. He won the important points, saved all break points against him.

With such a big support, we can understand his form... lol

She's so enthousiast, eheh elle me plait bien la petite Nolwenn ! lol
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/watermark?doc=KRT%2Fkrtabacaphotoslive%2Fdocs%2F43 3%2F664&logo=krthttp://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/watermark?doc=KRT%2Fkrtabacaphotoslive%2Fdocs%2F43 3%2F658&logo=krt
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/watermark?doc=KRT%2Fkrtabacaphotoslive%2Fdocs%2F43 3%2F665&logo=krthttp://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/watermark?doc=KRT%2Fkrtabacaphotoslive%2Fdocs%2F43 3%2F751&logo=krt

higherlaw
06-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Deux victoires consécutives ? :eek: Attention nous rentrons dans la quatrième dimension...

No kidding, crazy things can happen now.

:bounce::worship::clap2:

I am so HAPPY ! 2 wins in a row, not in a challenger, it's good !
He said in interview the match wasn't very beautiful, but he was proud of his behaviour, his regularity. He won the important points, saved all break points against him.

With such a big support, we can understand his form... lol

She's so enthousiast, eheh elle me plait bien la petite Nolwenn ! lol

Great pics, Marine. Thanks so much!

sandy83S
06-26-2008, 07:52 PM
2 wins at Wimbledon !!!! Tes, yes!!! a good match of arnaud :)

thanks Marine for the pictures :wavey:

my brother is in Wimbledon currently and he saw the matches of Arnaud! I will make a summary tomorrow

it appears that Nolwenn is a true supportrice and that according to my brother, she has really very in love!:);)

soulage
06-26-2008, 08:11 PM
It's a sunny Wimbledon :)

Arnaud is on fire on the tie-break at the moment :eek: Becker was the first to break in the match : at 1-1 in the third set but Arnaud broke back and broke again to lead 4-2. It's was close but Arnaud was better on the "money time" and he saved a set ball in the first tie-break.

Melzer is a quite irregular player but when he plays good it's tough

kukka
06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
:eek: Two wins in a row!!! At a Grand Slam!!! At Wimbledon!!! Well done Arnaud!!! :woohoo:

Elina :umbrella:

Kezzi
06-26-2008, 08:59 PM
2 wins at Wimbledon! Well done Arno! :worship:

Thanks for the great pics! :yeah:
It's nice to see Bruno with decent hair again :lol:

Nolwenn really looks like a true supporter, she even gets Bruno to cheer. I didn't see that happen a lot before, as I remember he always looks very concentrated and focused.
I forgive her copying, first she's wearing my aviator sunglasses, now she wears my sisters' wayfarer :rolls:

Via
06-27-2008, 08:48 AM
nolwenn is so, hmm, ooh la la :lol: she even wears a bandana though a more feminine version :)

and it's been a while since i last mistook bruno for arnaud! lol

melzer has played two 5 setters already. hope arnaud can keep up with him for another 5 sets lol

people are saying that quarter is now wide open with no particular obvious candidate for a semi-final berth...

J.TIPSAREVIC
D.TURSUNOV [25]
G.GARCIA-LOPEZ
R.SCHUETTLER
P.MATHIEU [14]
M.CILIC
J.MELZER
A.CLEMENT

what do you think? you think our arnaud... who has not won two matches in a row for a long time... heaven forbid we think too far... might have a chance ?????? :aplot:

sandy83S
06-27-2008, 09:23 AM
my brother is in this moment in Wimbledon. He is professor of tennis and as a member of the FFT, he has more easily of the tickets for certain tournaments.

He attended several matches and in particular the 2 matches of Arnaud Clément.
He think that Arnaud found " his play" , in the hung matches he doesn't lower any more the arms! He is felt that confidence returns a little! He still makes faults, he could avoid but compared to his catastrophic beginning of the season, IT's frankly without comparison!

Victory should not be shouted too quickly and hardest is to be come, but since time he managed more to pass a first turn, the fact he gains several matches in 2 tournaments with St'Hertogenbosch (1/4 of finale) and with Wimbledon, It's an encouraging sign all the same!

If not, of the small anecdotes seen during the matches, Bruno and Nolwenn which are very effective and good supporters! Nolwenn which saw the matches like if she is which played! elsewhere my brother thinks that if she had been sporting, she would have had character!

He found nice, she encourage with as much motivation. Yesterday at the end of the match, Arnaud looked at her and she sent kisses to him! According to him, Nolwenn and Arnaud are seriously in love! (at the same time when the photographs are seen :p:):hearts:)

Bruno and Nolwenn well also hear, accomplices, my brother them saw several times discussed and laughter together! and Bruno logically is happy to see his player and brother to find good feelings! and that given pleasure of seeing Arnaud leaving the match with the smile, playing in front of HIS close relations and conscious that It's not yet " extraordinaire" but there is best!

It's in short the news that my brother gave me by email! sorry for my bad english, I hope that you will understand :)

Like me, my brother likes at Arnaud his tenacity, his strength of character, because It's a difficult sport and finally on thousands and thousands of players, there is in has little who make a professional path in high level!

I think that Melzer is a good player but Arnaud is likely to be able to beat it , now it is needed; he still raises his play!

higherlaw
06-27-2008, 02:12 PM
:wavey: Thanks so much Sandy83S for your information! It's always nice to get this type of report. Your brother is quite lucky!!

Hangdog
06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for positive reports and pictures :yeah:

Nolwenn or not, but two victories at Wimbledon - it's just something incredible! :)

BTW, according to the pictures it looks like Arnaud didn't change his bandana during the match - something as odd as Seb without his hat...
what do you think? you think our arnaud... who has not won two matches in a row for a long time... heaven forbid we think too far... might have a chance ?????? :aplot:
My common sense doesn't let me thinking that far :o

soulage
06-27-2008, 08:27 PM
BTW, according to the pictures it looks like Arnaud didn't change his bandana during the match
He changed at the end of each set ;) A Yellow in the second set and a pink in the last. You can see it on the video of Canal + which sum up the yesterday's matches

http://www.canalplus.fr/index.php?pid=2113

Tomorrow he'll play on court 18.

Hangdog
06-27-2008, 08:56 PM
He changed at the end of each set ;) A Yellow in the second set and a pink in the last. You can see it on the video of Canal + which sum up the yesterday's matches

http://www.canalplus.fr/index.php?pid=2113
Thanks, and I've just watched it on BBC Sports day review, too. Then no excuses to photographers for missing Arnaud in his yummy pink :hearts:

Via
06-28-2008, 09:01 AM
My common sense doesn't let me thinking that far :o

:lol:

no one supports my enthusiasm :awww:

ok then, if arnaud wins one more match today, i should be very happy, cos it should go some way to restoring him to top 100...

Marine
06-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Arnaus plays in second match on court 18.

Allez Arnaud !!!!!!!!!

Marine
06-28-2008, 09:19 AM
nolwenn is so, hmm

So what ? lol
Personly, I'm like that (enthousiast) as a simple spectator, so as a G/F LOL

J.TIPSAREVIC
D.TURSUNOV [25]
G.GARCIA-LOPEZ
R.SCHUETTLER
P.MATHIEU [14]
M.CILIC
J.MELZER
A.CLEMENT

I don't see as far... just match after match. When we think he's going to win, he loses, so...

Via
06-28-2008, 02:42 PM
alright, i'll stop jinxing him! :sobbing: melzer has taken the first set, i've had enough and am going to bed :o :zzz:

soulage
06-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Second week in a Grand Slam :eek:

Good win : 4-6 / 6-3 / 6-4 / 6-4

sandy83S
06-28-2008, 05:10 PM
yes, a good match of arnaud !!!

Second week in Wimbledon! yes!!!!

Kezzi
06-28-2008, 05:49 PM
So what ? lol

I don't see as far... just match after match. When we think he's going to win, he loses, so...
Same here, I'm very enthusiastic, but I try to keep hold of myself when watching a match live :lol:

Kezzi
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I was lucky today, I could watch most of Gilles' match on BBC2, Arno on livestream and sometimes a quick update on the BBC :D

Good match for Arno :bounce:
The livestream never showed Nolwenn and Bruno :(

soulage
06-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I just see the interview of Arnaud on Canal +. He was very happy to reach the second week of a GS. He thinks that's it's was a close match which could have switch at many moments but he saved many break balls and was the strongest today.

For next round, he doesn't want PHM to lose against Cilic but on the other hand he dislikes play against french guys. Both will be tough to beat.

Now he'll go back to the appartment he had rent for 15 days ( He was optimistic in fact :p) and maybe go to the restaurant tonight.

At one moment, the interviewer said it was a rebirth after an average season beginning and answered "non pourri" lol

Hangdog
06-28-2008, 08:53 PM
One more "Well done!" to Arnaud :D :worship: :bounce:

I just see the interview of Arnaud on Canal +. He was very happy to reach the second week of a GS. He thinks that's it's was a close match which could have switch at many moments but he saved many break balls and was the strongest today.

For next round, he doesn't want PHM to lose against Cilic but on the other hand he dislikes play against french guys. Both will be tough to beat.

Now he'll go back to the appartment he had rent for 15 days ( He was optimistic in fact :p) and maybe go to the restaurant tonight.

At one moment, the interviewer said it was a rebirth after an average season beginning and answered "non pourri" lol
Great interview, thanks for sharing it, Soulage!

I also don't want Paulo losing to Cilic but I don't want an Arnaud - Paulo match either :awww: And oh he seems to be so optimistic indeed! :lol:

From his interview to FFT: "C'était sans doute mon pire Roland Garros......... EVER!" LOL

Via
06-29-2008, 01:12 AM
So what ? lol

marine, i said she's so 'ooh la la'... that's a complimentary description of french women, i believe ;)

*wiping sweat* i'm so glad he won and i hadn't jinxed him!!!! lol

he's playing cilic now, not paulo. round of 16, can you believe it. he's a grass court specialist :lol: and england suits him :tape:

Via
06-29-2008, 01:14 AM

:haha: i was slow to get the joke, but i've got it!

Marine
06-29-2008, 08:37 PM
I'd like to see the match tomorrow, but I don' think I'll be back home :(
Guy Forget said arnaud can reach the semis.... ahaha Guy always is so positive about arnaud. LOL

Marine
06-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I read l'Equipe of course, and they are enthousiast (too) about arnaud's game.
Just a quote I love: "Absolument épatant de détermination et de constance contre Jurgen Melzer..." = absolutaly amazing for his determination and his regularity against Melzer..." :p

Another quote of Bruno :
"J'adore quand les autres le regardent, l'autre (arnaud), 1.20m, qui se met à quatre pattes pour tout renvoyer, il y a un message comme: "Vas-y coco, va les chercher les points. J'adore !"
Bruno joking about his brother the dwarf. :lol:

Marine
06-29-2008, 08:58 PM
marine, i said she's so 'ooh la la'... that's a complimentary description of french women, i believe ;)

Ok, I didn't know the "ohh la la" meaning, it sounded just mysterious. lol

I'm a bit disapointed not to see any highlights anywhere on the web.
No many pics either.
I found a new site for pics, but when I type "arnaud clement", there are no pics of him...lol... though it's not a french site !

http://www.mct-international.com/visuals/search.php?pdselection=Select+a+search&s=arnaud+clement

ps: kezzi, please, don't say me you have this Chanel model too ! I hate them ! lol
Maybe you're a rayban fan only... ;)

higherlaw
06-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I'd like to see the match tomorrow, but I don' think I'll be back home :(
Guy Forget said arnaud can reach the semis.... ahaha Guy always is so positive about arnaud. LOL
:mad:Sorry for you. I am betting that the match won't even be played here!

Just a quote I love: "Absolument épatant de détermination et de constance contre Jurgen Melzer..." = absolutaly amazing for his determination and his regularity against Melzer..." :p

Another quote of Bruno :
"J'adore quand les autres le regardent, l'autre (arnaud), 1.20m, qui se met à quatre pattes pour tout renvoyer, il y a un message comme: "Vas-y coco, va les chercher les points. J'adore !"

Well, I wonder how tall Bruno is? Not much taller than Arnaud I think.

Marine
06-29-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't think he's taller. lol

Kezzi
06-29-2008, 10:23 PM

Another quote of Bruno :
:lol:
As if he is so much taller :angel: :p

higherlaw
06-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Ravi Ubha of ESPN is predicting Arnaud to beat Cilic in four sets....interesting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon08/columns/story?columnist=ubha_ravi&id=3465176

(he can drive his fans nuts, too!)

Kezzi
06-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Ok, I didn't know the "ohh la la" meaning, it sounded just mysterious. lol

I'm a bit disapointed not to see any highlights anywhere on the web.
No many pics either.
I found a new site for pics, but when I type "arnaud clement", there are no pics of him...lol... though it's not a french site !

http://www.mct-international.com/visuals/search.php?pdselection=Select+a+search&s=arnaud+clement

ps: kezzi, please, don't say me you have this Chanel model too ! I hate them ! lol
Maybe you're a rayban fan only... ;)
Tomorrow I can try to find out if there are highlights on our Dutch wimbledon website.

No, don't have them, I also don't like this model :p
I'm not a rayban fan, just the classic aviator fan. I love classics that never go out of style :) Chanel is also way above my budget, Rayban is expensive too, but a little closer ;)

Kezzi
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't think he's taller. lol
He is, my guess is about 5-10 cm's. It's a wide range, but I'm not good at guessing heights when people stand next to me. They always look smaller in real life :lol:

Via
06-30-2008, 01:26 AM
thanks, i'm glad to know that there are other idiots who share my positive hopes for arnaud! :lol:

sandy83S
06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Bruno Clément makes 4 cm more than his brother! :lol:

I am surprised to see that several prognostic gives favorite Arnaud against Cilic! :p

I hope for they are right!:angel:

My brother is still in Wimbledon this week, I hope he will see the match Arnaud Clément /Marin Cilic:)

Kezzi
06-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Only 4? :eek: It looks more on pictures :)

For everyone who reads this in time, you're going to love Dutch tv channel websites :p
www.wimbledon2008.nl, install Silverlight, et voila, a perfect livestream on court 11 :hearts:

higherlaw
06-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Only 4? :eek: It looks more on pictures :)

For everyone who reads this in time, you're going to love Dutch tv channel websites :p
www.wimbledon2008.nl, install Silverlight, et voila, a perfect livestream on court 11 :hearts:

:mad: Deze stream is alleen beschikbaar in nederland...

Thanks anyway!!:angel:

higherlaw
06-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Ok, Arnaud just won the 2nd set!!

:mad::mad:ESPN is now showing the Williams sisters in doubles--I'm so annoyed. At least keep showing the Gasquet or Safin matches :sad:

soulage
06-30-2008, 08:01 PM
I was watching on the live stream :eek:

6-3 / 7-5 / 6-2

I don't know how much unforced errors Cilic made but a lot and as usual in this Wimbledon Arnaud was consisting and played like he must do !

A quarter against Schuettler :eek: This is the veterans Championships :p

higherlaw
06-30-2008, 08:03 PM
:dance: Arnaud in three! Schuettler next. Well, remember their match at the AO this year, hope it's not a repeat :rolleyes:. Keep up the great playing!

sandy83S
06-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Arnaud won !!!!! it's fantastic!!!!:):bounce::bounce:

at the end, The kiss of Nolwenn for her dear arnaud :hearts:

Kezzi
06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Bruno and Arno's hug :inlove:
It was sooooo much cuter than that kiss :p

Kezzi
06-30-2008, 08:41 PM
I was watching on the live stream :eek:

6-3 / 7-5 / 6-2

I don't know how much unforced errors Cilic made but a lot and as usual in this Wimbledon Arnaud was consisting and played like he must do !

A quarter against Schuettler :eek: This is the veterans Championships :p
Do you watch the official live stream? :)
If so, do you have to use Microsoft Silverlight for it? On my laptop it doesn't work well, but on my sisters laptop is works perfectly. Maybe you know a solution, it seems like it's buffering all the time and I'm looking at pics of the match put together instead of a video :(

I'm sorry for all you guys :hug: , but I think the stream we get in NL is the same one but free. They always let me choose between the same matches as on the official Wimbledon website.

soulage
06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes I watched on the official live stream :)

I never use Microsoft Silverlight in fact so :confused: Did you try to watch with an other player maybe it's a problem with windows media .I'm sorry i'm not sure be able to help you!

This Wimbledon is a rebirth for many players : Shuettler, Arnaud, Safin. It's as if we were 5 years ago :cool:

Kezzi
06-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I have to use Silverlight to be able to access those streams. I didn't find an email on the website, I'll look again, maybe they can help me :)

Marine
06-30-2008, 11:25 PM
I didn't see anything, i'm just back home. :sad:

I can't believe he's in quarter in Wimbledon... that's just so unexpected, that's just so amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The last week, we just hoped ONE win, we were deperate, and today, omg, he's in quarter.
Of course, he has a dream draw, he hasn't yet played any seeded player until his quarter, he's lucky. But well, he won matches he wouldn't have won 3 weeks ago.
And everyboby (medias, himself, bruno..) say he's calm, regular in his matches, he's won the important points, and seems to be strong mentally.
That's a big change.

What a pity RG is not on grass...lol

Next match on wednesday, I think I'll can see it.

~*BGT*~
06-30-2008, 11:51 PM
R-No has been playing so well. I hope he can get to the semis. :D

Via
07-01-2008, 12:07 AM
yes only one step away from being that dream semi-finalist.... let's hope arnaud take his revenge for the last time he met schuettler, the battle of the AO finalists :lol:

some facts! arnaud is the only french male left (are there any french females?)

either he or schuettler is the oldest, i haven't checked :p

he's one of the three who won in straight sets yesterday... the other two are roger and rafa :D

that's enough good news to go :bounce:

ps. yes schuettler is the oldest at 32, and the pair gets a special mention on the official website http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2008-06-30/200806301214854208609.html

~*BGT*~
07-01-2008, 06:07 AM
^^ You forgot one fact: he clearly the most beautiful player (male or female) in the quarterfinals. :hearts: :inlove:

soulage
07-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Second match on court 1 tomorrow.

On the FFT webiste, there is an interview of Bruno and we learn that they eat libanese food almost every evening :eek: :lol:

For the match as usual Arnaud's serve will be very important and maybe he'll get a chance to win but sure Rainer wants the same!

sandy83S
07-01-2008, 08:31 PM
my brother is always has Wimbledon and he attended the match of Arnaud! some impressions : he liked to see he also merry at the end his match, and to go directly in the arms of his brother! Beautiful complicity and love enter the 2 brothers!

He also liked to see Arnaud sent a small discrete kiss to Nolwenn, and she had already started to go down towards him for to embrace! Around they there were the cameras, the photo hobbyists and professionals ((one saw all with the TV:):p)

if not, he found Arnaud made a very good match, he knew to manage on the duration, Marin Cilic is tired on the low balls Arnaud, he found a beautiful confidence which is seen in his play! he has a chart to play tomorrow

Hangdog
07-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I haven't watched a match of this year's Wimbledon yet so thank you all for reports and impressions :wavey: So nice to see Arnaud being happy and sharing his happiness with us taking great victories! :D
This Wimbledon is a rebirth for many players : Shuettler, Arnaud, Safin. It's as if we were 5 years ago :cool:
That is so true! Except Federer, Nadal and maybe Murray all the other quarter finalists are a big surprise to me.
ps. yes schuettler is the oldest at 32, and the pair gets a special mention on the official website http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2008-06-30/200806301214854208609.html
They also say in that article that Arnaud becomes the second lowest ranked player after Labadze in the quarter-finals. Fantastic achievement :lol:

Via
07-02-2008, 12:04 AM
he's 145, but he suddenly found himself so low only like 2 weeks ago :rolleyes:

go arnaud, make more history tonight. hope to see a glimpse of you, in between the roger/rafa matches! lol

(i wonder if pay tv here shows court 1, while free tv shows centre court. if so, i may be in luck tonight :devil: )

lebanese food? maybe the french cuisine is not up to scratch in london :lol:

Marine
07-02-2008, 12:48 AM
"Elle n'est pas terrible votre question !" :lol:
Signé Arnaud Clément, en réponse à un journaliste britannique qui trouvait inhabituel le fait pour un Français d'être heureux sur herbe.

"your question is not good"
Arnaud answering to a british journalist who asked him if it was not curious, for a French, to be happy on grass...

kukka
07-02-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm starting to get nervous/excited about Arnaud's quarterfinal today. ;) It's so great that he's made this far and there's a good opportunity to go even further. :D

Elina

Marine
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
2 good articles in "Le Parisien" newspaper today. It's rare, but arnaud is the last frenchy in wimbledon... :D

Clément, deux gars, une fille
Même barbe, même cheveux clairs en pétard, Bruno Clément, 32 ans, est le frère et coach d'arnaud clément, 30 ans.
"Ca fait 30 ans qu'il me casse les pieds. Quand on était enfants, j'étais tout calme, tout mou, tranquille. Lui ne tenait pas en place, il était hyperactif.
En fait, cela n'a pas beaucoup changé aujourd'hui." lol
Après de longs mois à ramer de défaite en défaite, les 2 frères entravoient le bout du tunnel. Mais leurs liens du sang n'ont jamais eu à patir de leurs divergences professionnelles.
"Nos tensions n'étaient pas forcément liées aux mauvais résultats. Et dans ces moments là, j'ai pu me rappeler des périodes dures à gérer quand on avait 5, 10, 15 ans. C'est beaucoup plus facile".
Au quotidien, bruno décrit son frère comme quelqu'un d'extrêmement généreux dans tous les sens du terme, avec le sens de l'amitié, et très exigeant envers lui-même". Une qualité qui peut vite se transformer en défaut.
"J'ai souvent du mal à suivre , et cette exigence est toujours difficile à comprendre vue de l'extérieur".
Pour réussir son épopée anglais, le binôme Clémen s'appuie, en plus du soutien affectif de Nolwenn, sur le soutien familial.
"Même s'ils ne seront pas là demain, ils seront à fond derrière arnaud. Surtout papiche et mamoun , qui sont à Marseille. Le grand-père n'y voit pas bien malgré le grand écran, et il faut lui raconter les matches. L'autre jour, il était tellement stressé qu'il a faillu arracher le bras de ma grand-mère". :lol:

Le grand amour avec Nolwenn
Depuis le début du tournoi, on ne voit qu'elle. A chaque match d'arnaud clément, Nolwenn Leroy, 25 ans, prend place dans les tribunes aux cotés de Bruno Clement, et n'éhsite pas à donner de la voix et à bouger pour pousser son champion à la victoire. Depuis 6 mois, en effet, le joueur et la chanteuse filent le parfait amour. Avec une envie de discretion largement perturbée par le grand retour du champion en grand chelem, et la touchante photo d'un baiser à la sortie du court après la victoire contre Cilic en 1/8 de finale.
"Je suis vraiment fière pour lui", disait-elle simplement après le match. "Quand on voit tous les sacrifices qu'il fait au quotidien, il mérite vraiment ce qu'il lui arrive".Comme sur le court, où il est habitué des rencontres marathon, la quart de finaliste a mis du temps avant de conquérir le coeur de sa belle.
En juin 2007, il a invité sa future dulcinée à venir le voir jouer à Roland Garros. Mais c'est en ce début d'année que l'idylle commence.
Fin janvier, au grand dam du joueur, des photos volées à la sortie d'un restaurant à Paris sont publiées dans Voici.
"Elle apporte un plus dans sa vie", confie Bruno Clément.

2 great articles. If someone could translate....
Bruno talks about his relationships with his brother, about their grand parents who follow the matches at tv (ahh funny the grand father ! lol)
Nolwenn talks for the first time about arnaud.
As the newspaper said, her usual discretion has been disrupted by arnaud's come back in grand slam.

higherlaw
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Brad Gilbert said "Arnie in three"!

Thanks for the articles, Marine.

Yes, quite exciting!!:banana:

soulage
07-02-2008, 05:24 PM
There is also an interview of Arnaud in l'Equipe today :) and a lot of articles on the web

Maybe they should have schedule the second match on an other court :confused: because if the match beetween Lopez-Safin is in 5 sets, they will play in the dark lol (It's 1 set all at the moment)

Brad Gilbert is very optimistique. I've got more contrasted feelings about the match of the veterans.

soulage
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
So it begins and by a love game for Schuettler.

For the first time of the tournament Arnaud was not the first to serve. Superticious ? :devil:

Many direct faults of Arnaud in this beginning and Schuettler seems to be in a good day, very regular and strong ! He defends very well and breaks Arnaud to lead 3-1.

4-1 for Schuettler and Arnaud doesn't play well. First set will probably go to Rainer

Awful beginning of set for Arnaud ( better at the end ): 6-3 for the German. Arnaud needs to improve his game otherwise it will be 3 sets and bye bye !

higherlaw
07-02-2008, 07:49 PM
New sponsor? Mary Cohr.

Marine
07-02-2008, 07:55 PM
6/3 1/0 schuettler...arnaud doesn't play well. Normal, i'm watching him today :rolleyes:

soulage
07-02-2008, 07:56 PM
And break for Schuettler on the first game of the second set :rolleyes: Schuettler had three positives let in this game.

Break back. Hold your serve now !!

He was leading 40-00 but needed more than 10 minutes to win it !!

soulage
07-02-2008, 08:22 PM
On Arnaud serve it's always tough, he lost half of the points :rolleyes:

I don't know how he could win in these conditions

2 breaks points not converted at 2-2, Schuettler gets a lot of confidence and Arnaud asks a lot challenges as if he search help

He has no more challenges whereas his ball was good the point just after!! He is very nervous

Marine
07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Forget is commenting... and supporting at the same time. LOL
"allez allez allez allezzzzzzz !"
"aie aie aie.."

soulage
07-02-2008, 08:48 PM
The crowd is for Arnaud lol

soulage
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Forget is commenting... and supporting at the same time. LOL
"allez allez allez allezzzzzzz !"
"aie aie aie.."
He makes a good team with Nolwenn because we also heard her a lot even on a big court lol The bristish commentators on the live stream said it was hard for her to control her feelings lol

Play suspended at one set all . I don't know if it good for Arnaud because he had refound good game at the end ??

Guy Forget will talk with him for sure !!

barbottin
07-02-2008, 09:09 PM
ah oui, j'entends d'ici la voix de Nolwenn qui lui chante :
Placéééééé wohoo placéééééé
Place moi cette balle
A l'interieur du court
Et nulle part d'auuuutree

Marine
07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
He makes a good team with Nolwenn because we also heard her a lot even on a big court lol The bristish commentators on the live stream said it was hard for her to control her feelings lol

Play suspended at one set all . I don't know if it good for Arnaud because he had refound good game at the end ??

Guy Forget will talk with him for sure !!

Yeah I heard her yelling "alleezzzzzzzz" "c'est bien !", she's funny.
But Forget is his second best supporter, he makes me laugh, we could think he's on his seat of captain. :worship:

Marine
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
"breaking news"

Tennis: le double Clément-Llodra bon pour Pékin

WIMBLEDON (Reuters) - Arnaud Clément et Michaël Llodra figurent dans la liste d'acceptation du double messieurs pour les Jeux Olympiques de Pékin, annonce un communiqué de la Fédération Internationale.

Non retenus en simple, les deux Français, victorieux à Wimbledon en 2007, ont bénéficié de leur bon classement en double pour intégrer le tableau final. L'autre paire française est composée de Gaël Monfils et de Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

They have been accepted in the main draw, it's official !!!!!

Kezzi
07-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Wow, good news!
Congrats to them for the Olympics! :D

And I'm so ignoring that I shouldn't be online during worktime and watch livescores tomorrow :p

Via
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
it was a great day :D and arnaud's still alive in wimbledon, even though he has not progressed! lol

the rain delay had caused me my night of tennis :mad: good for the rest of you - you all had coverage?

yes a sigh of relief from me, to know that they're finally going to the olympics. i hate working out all those 90%, 95%, 99%....

Via
07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
:( lost 3rd set, and trailing 1-4 in the 4th... can there still be a comeback?

Via
07-03-2008, 03:04 PM
break back! 4-4 :D

Bobble
07-03-2008, 03:24 PM
forth set tiebreak! Keep fighting Arnaud!

Via
07-03-2008, 03:27 PM
fight arnaud! serving for set

lol jie zheng is serving faster than him on the scoreboard

Via
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
oh no

Via
07-03-2008, 03:32 PM
omg 9-7 in tiebreak! 5th set :D

nolwenn must have fallen off her chair by now

barbottin
07-03-2008, 03:49 PM
omg 9-7 in tiebreak! 5th set :D

nolwenn must have fallen off her chair by now

:haha: Probably true, maybe Voici is there to take THE picture

Bobble
07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
:mad:6 all, duece on Arnaud's serve in the fifth set...probably the most tense moment to have a steady rain delay:mad:

soulage
07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
If he hold his serve with this interruption at 40-40, he's strong but Schuettler gets a better position to win at this moment :sad:

soulage
07-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Lost 6-8 in the last set ! It's was too tough to hold his serve in this conditions. I hope that losing this match whereas he got a match ball and got the break at the begining of the set won't be too difficult :sad: and that he'll stay in the positive feelings of first rounds :)
We all know that he would have lost against Nadal but reach the semi-final was the "little dream"

Bobble
07-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Lost 6-8 in the last set ! It's was too tough to hold his serve in this conditions. I hope that losing this match whereas he got a match ball and got the break at the begining of the set won't be too difficult :sad: and that he'll stay in the positive feelings of first rounds :)
We all know that he would have lost against Nadal but reach the semi-final was the "little dream"

plus, it would have at least been a better looking semi:)

a great tournament nonetheless

sandy83S
07-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Arnaud made a beautiful tournament, he can largely be to trust of him and like G Forget said if he continues thus he can return in the 30e better

thanks arnaud for this Wimbledon:) and good holidays now ;)

soulage
07-03-2008, 07:56 PM
He was just interviewed on Canal + ! He looked quite tired :angel:

He thinks that's it was 10 days very good " le meilleur tournoi depuis 100 ans " lol even if tenniscally it was not always fantastic but he was good mentally even if today he didn't really well negociate the match ball but for him Schuettler had well played the point

He thinks this tournament and this match will help him for the end of the season ( we hope also :p)

This is the end of the grass season 2008 :)

Interview from the official website :

Players
A. Clement Interview - 3 July

Thursday, 3 July 2008

R. SCHUETTLER bt A. Clément 6-3, 5-7, 7-6, 6-7, 8-6

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Arnaud Clément.

Q. Tough match for you, but you must have appreciated the experience: five hours plus, pretty good crowd support.

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: Interesting question. It was a fantastic match today. But when you are so close to win the match, quarterfinal in a Grand Slam, you have a match point, you have a chance on this match point, and you finally lost the match, when you're just out of the court 15 minutes, it's tough to say.

Yeah, it's a fantastic moment today. It's just a little bit hard for the moment.

Q. What were you feeling as you walked off, waved to the crowd?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: I don't know. I just think I have just nothing in my head for few minutes.

Q. Tell me about what happened when the rain started falling for the final time.

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: When the rain start, they put the plastic on the court, and we went to the locker room (smiling).

No, nothing special. It wasn't Wimbledon for the 10 first days. We didn't have rain delay, so we had two today. You know, it's a little bit special when it's 6-All, 40-All. It's okay, nothing special about that.

Q. Rainer seemed to think you played two points too long.

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: I don't think so. Maybe; maybe not. It's very tough to say exactly when we have to stop.

Q. Did you ever have an experience like saving six set points consecutively in the tiebreak?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: And made a double-fault at 6-All. Never (smiling).

Q. Do you think Rainer has much of a chance against Rafael Nadal tomorrow?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: I really, really don't care now about the chance of Rainer tomorrow. It's a good guy. It's a very good player. He played a very good match today against me.

But I don't know if he have one chance or if he have a lot. I just lost. About the match of tomorrow, I really, really don't care.

Q. You guys normally exchange pleasantries at the net after every game. After a game like that, is there a special word between you because you played such a long match?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: I think we have a lot of - there is a lot of respect between us. I just said, Very good match, Rainer, and good luck.

But it's not about the words. It's just in the eyes, the respect. You can see it in the eyes. In a few words, it's tough. Maybe we can talk about this in a few weeks. But just after the match, we cannot stay 15 minutes on the court, Yeah, good first set.

No, we have a lot of respect. Honestly, I'm happy for him, because it's a very good guy. And that's it.

Q. If you could change one thing, take one thing back, turn it out differently, besides the match point?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: Just the match point. I had the chance to hit the ball a little bit quickly, a little bit faster, and I didn't. I didn't. He took his chance and he did a winner, so just the second shot on this point.

Q. In the final rain break, did what happen to you against Santoro come into your mind?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: No. It was completely different. It was at 5-All. It was because of the night. It's just 45 minutes or one hour. It's completely different when you have all night to think about. No.

Q. Do you just feel completely drained and emotionally gone at the moment?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: No, no, not really. Not really. Physically it was tough today. Mentally, too. But, no, I'm not.

Q. Have you got a special plan for the semifinal, special plan in your approach?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: No. I was just focused on my match today. Maybe if I did this match point I can think about the match of tomorrow. But I'm not playing tomorrow, so it's not really interesting.

Q. Do you always wear your glasses?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: No. I have a little prescription, so I'm playing with when I can during the match. No, I'm not practicing with it.

Q. On a day like today, there were a lot of people taking their glasses on and off, getting cloud and sun. Is that ever troubling for you with the glasses?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: No, not really. I think it's just better for me to play with my prescriptions is all.

Q. Why those instead of contacts?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: I never tried so I don't know.

Q. Pretty close to being the longest Wimbledon match ever. Do you think that will mean something to you in time to come?

ARNAUD CLÉMENT: No, I never - no. It was the longest match against Santoro in Paris. I lost it, more than six hours. When you lost a match like this, you really don't care about, Yeah, it's the longest match ever.

It's not an interesting record. The record of Federer is a little bit more interesting.

soulage
07-03-2008, 08:20 PM
On l'equipe website in french :devil:

Arnaud CLEMENT (battu par Rainer Schüttler) : «Si c'était à refaire, je frapperais peut-être un peu plus vite la balle de match, un peu plus fort, sur le deuxième échange. Il fait un coup droit boisé, qui retombe au milieu du court. C'est un coup difficile à jouer parce qu'il est inattendu. Sur cette balle-là, j'aurais pu faire autre chose. Je n'ai sans doute pas joué la bonne zone. J'ai joué le pire des coups, milieu de court, juste pour qu'il puisse se décaler à la bonne vitesse. Mais n'est-ce pas normal à ce moment-là d'être un peu tendu? C'est mon regret... A ce niveau-là, à l'idée d'entrer en demi-finale d'un Grand Chelem, aucun adversaire ne t'offre rien. Au troisième set, même à 6-0 contre moi au tie-break, je n'ai jamais pensé que le set était perdu. Ce qui est extrêmement dommage, c'est cette double faute. Je veux lui trouver le revers et je la sors. En quart de Grand Chelem, tu n'as pas le droit de lâcher dans la tête, ne serait-ce un micro-instant. J'ai eu le mérite de m'accrocher. C'est le seul truc sur lequel je n'ai aucun regret. Il y a eu des moments tendus, avec des sets qui se sont joués à un ou deux points, et ce score qui se tenait tout le temps. On a rarement fait nos jeux de service facilement. Aujourd'hui, c'est la déception qui l'emporte. Demain, est-ce que ce ne sera pas différent ? Sincèrement, je n'en sais rien. Il y a des défaites qui m'ont fait plus mal que celle là.»

Kezzi
07-03-2008, 08:47 PM
I always thought Arno was wearing contacts during practice :p Didn't know his prescription was that low he can play well without the glasses.
If I don't wear contacts or glasses I would probably see the ball at the moment when it hit my face :lol:
Maybe that's a little exaggerated, I have -3,25 :)

Thanks everyone for the interviews and reports :hug: I was at work today, so I only saw livescores. I found that tiebreak in the 3rd very impressive!

soulage
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
The video of the interview to hear Arnaud in English :p

http://mfile.akamai.com/25457/wmv/wimbledonxp.download.akamai.com/25457/wimbledon/streaming/2008/shortclips/free_interview_10459164_03072008_500.wmv

Marine
07-03-2008, 10:44 PM
:sad:
I wasn't at home to watch the match but followed by sms.
It was a drama match, maybe it was better I didn't see, I would have been more disapointed a front of my tv, I would have not survived to his missed match point. :awww:

I listened to his audio itw, he was very disapointed cos he was so close from a semi final.

Anyway, yesterday, there was a great french colony in the stands to support him: Bruno, Nolwenn and 3 french golfers who are in london for the british open. All supported him loudly ! lol

cesca
07-03-2008, 11:00 PM
I have never tried contacts either Arnaud so yay for the glasses-wearing crowd :worship:

It was a really entertaining match and I'm disappointed that he didn't win- especially with matchpoint but nevermind, he was the best looking ;)

(Have wandered over from the Gasquet forum lol)

Via
07-04-2008, 02:04 AM
He thinks this tournament and this match will help him for the end of the season ( we hope also :p)

let's hope so, he certainly needs to be a lot better than what he had been before wimbly, for the doubles to work well in beijing, his other dream ;)

aahhh it's not the same not getting to the semis, even if they are both 'sure loss'... the ranking points are a lot more! (even if they don't care about the extra money)

Arnaud made a beautiful tournament, he can largely be to trust of him and like G Forget said if he continues thus he can return in the 30e better

thanks arnaud for this Wimbledon:) and good holidays now ;)

it's amazing how some posters here thought he's more keen to go on holidays than to play wimbly! it hasn't turned out all that bad ;)

I always thought Arno was wearing contacts during practice :p Didn't know his prescription was that low he can play well without the glasses.
If I don't wear contacts or glasses I would probably see the ball at the moment when it hit my face :lol:
Maybe that's a little exaggerated, I have -3,25 :)

Thanks everyone for the interviews and reports :hug: I was at work today, so I only saw livescores. I found that tiebreak in the 3rd very impressive!

i was also looking at livescores :lol: what could you expect, of course tv showed the womens semis.

i am -6.0 in one eye, and -4.75 in another ;) (that's why i've always been a bit amused by all that fuss about arnaud's sight problems)

sandy83S
07-07-2008, 03:27 PM
my brother returned yesterday evening from Wimbledon, He would have liked to see the match Federer/Nadal but his plane was yesterday after midday! :)

He spent 15 days enthralling, and he really appreciated to see Arnaud in a better form, playing a tennis of better quality and to take again confidence! Now my brother also spent a good moment looking at Bruno and Nolwenn who are certainly supporters out of gold!!!!

Nolwenn seems really well to hear with the 2 brothers "Clément", and she seems well to know the play of Arnaud;
(at the same time considering she was already with him in Roland Garros in 2007, I don't know if they already were together but they were quite close, and after I saw with the master of Paris Bercy in November, and she very also concentrated on the match this day )

My brother could spoken a little in Cédric Pioline and trainer of R Gasquet! they are spoken tennis, coaching; etc… He took councils them for his coaching !

soulage
07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
i am -6.0 in one eye, and -4.75 in another ;) (that's why i've always been a bit amused by all that fuss about arnaud's sight problems)
On the website of his sponsor Oakley, the reason of the glasses is explained if some people are interested :lol:

In tennis, little things can have a big impact. Whether a ball is going to be on the line or out can be the difference between winning and losing. About ten years ago, my mom started telling me that I wasn’t always hitting the ball in the middle of my racket. She thought I had a problem with my eyes — and I did. An Oakley rep working in France brought me some product to try out and a ton of knowledge on their performance benefits. Suddenly, my big problem had a simple solution.
http://oakley.com/visionaries/arnaud_clement

Kezzi
07-09-2008, 08:53 AM
let's hope so, he certainly needs to be a lot better than what he had been before wimbly, for the doubles to work well in beijing, his other dream ;)
I hope Nolwenn joins him, she is such a good supporter that I think she should stop singing and travel fulltime with Arno and Bruno :p

aahhh it's not the same not getting to the semis, even if they are both 'sure loss'... the ranking points are a lot more! (even if they don't care about the extra money)
I really wanted Arno to get to the semis! Apart from ranking points and money, there would be someone beautiful to look at in semis :p

it's amazing how some posters here thought he's more keen to go on holidays than to play wimbly! it hasn't turned out all that bad ;)
In Rosmalen I already got the idea that Arno was excited to play Wimbly, he was just so happy and motivated. I'm happy we saw that at the matches in Londen too.

i was also looking at livescores :lol: what could you expect, of course tv showed the womens semis.
I was at work, but I had permission to watch the scoreboard. Just to be safe I asked my manager, because otherwise I might have to close it when someone found out :p

Yeah, if he can do well without glasses there's nothing to make a fuss :p
I really didn't know he doesn't really have to wear glasses. But I think he should keep wearing them, I can see the ball much better when wearing sunglasses, so I expect it's the same for Arno :) And they look cool :lol:

Kezzi
07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
my brother returned yesterday evening from Wimbledon, He would have liked to see the match Federer/Nadal but his plane was yesterday after midday! :)

He spent 15 days enthralling, and he really appreciated to see Arnaud in a better form, playing a tennis of better quality and to take again confidence! Now my brother also spent a good moment looking at Bruno and Nolwenn who are certainly supporters out of gold!!!!

Nolwenn seems really well to hear with the 2 brothers "Clément", and she seems well to know the play of Arnaud;
(at the same time considering she was already with him in Roland Garros in 2007, I don't know if they already were together but they were quite close, and after I saw with the master of Paris Bercy in November, and she very also concentrated on the match this day )

My brother could spoken a little in Cédric Pioline and trainer of R Gasquet! they are spoken tennis, coaching; etc… He took councils them for his coaching !
I agree! :D

Maybe she'll be at Bercy again, my sister and I would like to go :)
We were planning a city trip to Paris around that time, so hopefully we can go to the tournament too.

sandy83S
07-10-2008, 03:07 PM
my best friend heard this morning at the radio " europe1" they spoke about the Olympic Games and the qualification of Arnaud and Mika for the double in tennis

and the journalist added that for the moment they benefitted from a few days of holidays with also Nolwenn! I don't know if they left on holiday all together!:confused: Maybe, before the Olympic Games they go to practise on the beach!:cool::D

Marine
07-10-2008, 04:02 PM
in his last interview, micka said he uses to go on holiday with arnaud, so maybe...
but micka isn't supposed to still be on holiday ! he lost early in wimbledon, went earlier on holiday, now he should be back at work to prepare the hard season...;)

Hangdog
07-12-2008, 09:14 PM
A big family holiday? :)
I suppose Micka should first of all take a proper care of all his injuries to be well prepared for the Beijing action.

As for the holiday, there was an interview some 10 days ago (sorry if I doublepost it, I might miss some of the previous posts :o ) where Arnaud mentioned that when he had hard times and had to play Challengers he believed that maybe he should go on holidays instead - to find back an ability to enjoy his game. And he added that he actually hadn't got "bonnes vacances" for 1.5 years! That makes me thinking that we have a different idea of what holiday is... :devil:

Kezzi
07-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I guess that if Arno's has the same idea of holiday as I have, he would have got plenty of holidays the last years :lol:
I work all of my summer holiday except for 1 week and I also work during my school on the days that I don't have to go :p
Tennistournaments always feel like miniholidays to me, because you're in your own country, but it's very different at the grounds than outside with all those foreign people :)