Serving muscles [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Serving muscles

mystiknitekidz
07-07-2004, 06:23 PM
hi, i was wondering what muscles you use when you serve.

Ginger
07-07-2004, 06:24 PM
hi, i was wondering what muscles you use when you serve.
brain

sigmagirl91
07-07-2004, 06:43 PM
You can use your butt muscle for all we care....

Ballbuster
07-07-2004, 07:10 PM

:haha: :haha:
i use kick serves cause i don't have hands

joeb_uk
07-07-2004, 08:07 PM
these are some of the muscles: Deltoid, Latissimus Dorsi, Trapezius, Bicep Brachii, Pectorals, Abdominals, Sternocleidmastoid. obliques

At the preparation stage, the shoulder produces an abduction movement, and draws the arm out. There is a flexion movement in the shoulder and elbow, when the arm is being abducted. The hip will produce a rotation movement to the right, as the player twists his body outwards.

During contact, the player will extend his arm, so extension occurs at the shoulder and elbow. The arm should be fully extended during contact. The arm will be drawn in by the shoulder, as adduction occurs at the shoulder. The hip will produce a rotation movement to the left.

The hip will rotate more, as the player follows through to the left. The arm will follow round his body, and at the shoulder and elbow flexion will occur, the should will also produce abduction when the player follows through. The arm is pulled away from the body again.

this is some info that i had to write for a biomechanix assignment at college, so not great detail. hope it helps tho

sigmagirl91
07-07-2004, 09:19 PM
these are some of the muscles: Deltoid, Latissimus Dorsi, Trapezius, Bicep Brachii, Pectorals, Abdominals, Sternocleidmastoid. obliques

Joe-b, we're dealing with a beginner here....break that down to kindergarten terms for him or her, please....

sigmagirl91
07-07-2004, 09:21 PM
i use kick serves cause i don't have hands

Make sure you keep those "rockets" in court, OK....

joeb_uk
07-07-2004, 09:29 PM
hehe :D maybe he will understand who knows :D

alfonsojose
07-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Surely you don't use gut muscles. Ask Dent ;)

Lee
07-08-2004, 10:41 AM

Joe-b, we're dealing with a beginner here....break that down to kindergarten terms for him or her, please....

You have been complaining about threads that talked only about male players anatomy and you have been consistantly dissing those posters.

Here, we have a new poster trying to ask a question about serving in tennis and you somehow being very condescending. Is it you just like to diss posters here especially when they are new to this board?

Ferrero Forever
07-08-2004, 10:49 AM
very true lee

Lalitha
07-08-2004, 10:50 AM
'Serving' - Serving in Tennis or Serving food?

sigmagirl91
07-08-2004, 01:02 PM
You have been complaining about threads that talked only about male players anatomy and you have been consistantly dissing those posters.

Here, we have a new poster trying to ask a question about serving in tennis and you somehow being very condescending. Is it you just like to diss posters here especially when they are new to this board?

"Consistently"(spelled with an "e", not an "a", btw) being the key word here. That said, you can never accuse me of being out of character, can you? OK, then, back to what I was doing before I viewed this message.....

CarnivalCarnage
07-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Stigma"girl". Why are you always such a bitch? We'd actually like you to be "out of character" because we all think this one blows.

CarnivalCarnage
07-08-2004, 01:56 PM
And furthermore, you have AGAIN misunderstood what was said. Lee wasn't referring to you taking shots at posters like the thread starter, but those that start frivolous, sexually based threads. He's bemoaning your INCONSISTENCY in trashing people for starting frivolous threads and then turning around and bashing somebody who started a tennis-related, relevant thread.

You're not smart.

tennyfan
07-08-2004, 02:04 PM
joeb_uk - Thanks for the polite and informative answer

sigmagirl91
07-08-2004, 03:44 PM
And furthermore, you have AGAIN misunderstood what was said. Lee wasn't referring to you taking shots at posters like the thread starter, but those that start frivolous, sexually based threads. He's bemoaning your INCONSISTENCY in trashing people for starting frivolous threads and then turning around and bashing somebody who started a tennis-related, relevant thread.

You're not smart.

And neither are you.
And BTW, this thread could go either way, as if you didn't notice.

sigmagirl91
07-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Stigma"girl". Why are you always such a bitch?

Because I can be...besides, why are you following me around the boards? Don't you have something else to do? Since you're feeling "yourself" on the stalker thing, go right on ahead. I'm enjoying it...

We'd actually like you to be "out of character" because we all think this one blows.

Whatever.... :rolleyes: So, now you're a part of the "majority" now....Thank you so much for your humble opinion. It's been real, CC....

CarnivalCarnage
07-08-2004, 04:52 PM
And neither are you.
And BTW, this thread could go either way, as if you didn't notice.

I'm afraid this thread is not designed to go in a sexual direction and you know that. So don't use that as an excuse. This is a valid question. What exactly is it that you want from people? Relevant threads about tennis? Useless threads about sex? You seem to hate both. So why are you here, as that is all that can be found here.

CarnivalCarnage
07-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Because I can be...besides, why are you following me around the boards? Don't you have something else to do? Since you're feeling "yourself" on the stalker thing, go right on ahead. I'm enjoying it...

Whatever.... :rolleyes: So, now you're a part of the "majority" now....Thank you so much for your humble opinion. It's been real, CC....

Seriously, what witty repartee.

I'm not "stalking" you, I just hate retarded whores.

Rex
07-08-2004, 05:16 PM
ok............
um, to the point, the muscles you use are the ones you serve with, like roddick uses his leg muscles a lot, but johansson uses mainly his abdominals. to be frank, its all about the way, "you as a player" serves.

Ballbuster
07-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Carnival this is your warning, quit talking crap about sigma!!!!! :smash:

sigma, :hearts:

CarnivalCarnage
07-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Carnival this is your warning, quit talking crap about sigma!!!!! :smash:

sigma, :hearts:

You deserve each other.

sigmagirl91
07-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Seriously, what witty repartee.

I'm not "stalking" you, I just hate retarded whores.

I've been called that-in English and Spanish. And, yes, you are "stalking" me....

Ballbuster
07-08-2004, 10:53 PM
CarnivalCarnage, you are a hypocrite. Remember that you were a complete asshole to little_duck in the who are gays thread. Don't rag on sigma you are worse.

At least I don't deny that I am an asshole

Ginger
07-09-2004, 12:41 AM
CarnivalCarnage, you are a hypocrite. Remember that you were a complete asshole to little_duck in the who are gays thread. Don't rag on sigma you are worse.

Good one! :worship: :worship: 1-0 gbpgbp02 vs Caca..... :devil:

mystiknitekidz
07-09-2004, 04:40 AM
hrmm thx joeb_uk and everyone else accept sigmagirl91. i am NOT a noob at tennis. ive been playing for a year but i am a NOOB at these forums. you make my experience just a pain in the ass. hasn't your mother taught u manners.

CarnivalCarnage
07-09-2004, 07:27 AM

Neither do I. And I'm not a hypocrite. By all means, diss idiots. But this is a relevant thread. There is no reason for Stigma"girl"'s conduct. Clearly you don't understand my point. I'm not surprised.

CarnivalCarnage
07-09-2004, 07:29 AM
hrmm thx joeb_uk and everyone else accept sigmagirl91. i am NOT a noob at tennis. ive been playing for a year but i am a NOOB at these forums. you make my experience just a pain in the ass. hasn't your mother taught u manners.

Please, Mystik, let's not pretend that her mother will even own up to birthing that.

sigmagirl91
07-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Good one! :worship: :worship: 1-0 gbpgbp02 vs Caca..... :devil:

Caca, huh? That has a nice ring to it. I shall use that from now on....