~●~○~ Even Baby Goats Like Grass!! (Grass Season Thread) ~○~●~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~●~○~ Even Baby Goats Like Grass!! (Grass Season Thread) ~○~●~

Pages : [1] 2 3

my0118
05-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Well technically the Clay Season is over for us (As Gasquetaires) although there are still some clay tournaments left.
So we hope he could play well on Grass which is his favourite surface, let alone we cannot forget the Wimbledon QF last year.
Danielle (BGT) suggested the title of Grass Season and I adopt it.
So let's hope he plays well before someone mows grass!!

Richard's Schedule on Grass

Queen's (June 9th - June 15th, 2008)
s-Hertogenbosch (June 16th - June 22th, 2008)
Wimbledon (June 23th - July 6th, 2008)

Methinks he would withdraw either Queen's or s-Hertogenbosch though.

~*BGT*~
06-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Hope he 3peats at Nottingham. :banana:

EDIT: Is he playing the other one that week? :secret: The one I can't spell :angel:

Jozie
06-01-2008, 06:07 AM
He's on the entry list for Ordina Open at s-Hertogenbosch, not Nottingham.

Getta
06-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Hope he 3peats at Nottingham. :banana:

EDIT: Is he playing the other one that week? :secret: The one I can't spell :angel:

'Ordina Open' can't hurt you, can it? :p

my0118
06-01-2008, 10:51 AM
He's on the entry list for Ordina Open at s-Hertogenbosch, not Nottingham.

Thanks for the info, I'll change it soon.

RFK
06-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I have tickets to Nottingham, and read on a website that he isn't going anymore! :awww:
But i'm sure i can still enjoy it! It is the last one there because it's moving elsewhere next year.
It has been confirmed that Tsonga is going though, so that should be good.
:bigclap:

Puschkin
06-01-2008, 03:21 PM
It has been confirmed that Tsonga is going though, so that should be good.

I don't want to frustrate you, but I don't think so, see http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=122944

lenemie
06-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't think he'll play 2 tournaments before Wimbledon. He might want his knee to rest a bit more...

RFK
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh, thank you for that!
It says on here.. http://www.lta.org.uk/Newsroom/GeneralNews/GeneralNews2008/080507tsonga.htm
that he is.
Might just have got my information a bit wrong.
Thank you anyway.
:)

Puschkin
06-01-2008, 06:03 PM
It says on here.. http://www.lta.org.uk/Newsroom/GeneralNews/GeneralNews2008/080507tsonga.htm

:topic: This is really cheating from the organisers, they just want to sell tickets :rolleyes:, Jo has been operated last week, all info can be found in his forum.

RFK
06-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Oh well, thank you for telling me though.

Ginevra83
06-01-2008, 08:49 PM
From Sport365.fr :

ATP : Gasquet redémarre lundi
Jean-Moise DUBOURG - dimanche 01 juin 2008 - 21h50

Contraint de déclarer forfait au dernier moment à Roland-Garros en raison d'une petite blessure à un genou, le Français Richard Gasquet va reprendre l'entraînement lundi... sur gazon.
Au repos pendant une petite semaine après que son genou se fut bloqué avant son premier tour de Roland-Garros la semaine dernière, le n°1 français Richard Gasquet (9eme mondial) va pouvoir reprendre l'entraînement lundi du côté de la Croix-Catelan. Le Biterrois va désormais préparer la saison sur gazon grâce aux trois courts en herbe installés par son équipe du Team Lagardère.

:wavey:

EternalxJourney
06-01-2008, 09:32 PM
That's really good news that he's practicing again. Thanks for posting, Ginevra. =)

Truc
06-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Peyre also says in l'Equipe he's feeling great. He played 1,5 hours and did 3 hours of physical training and his knee feels fine.
Gasquet O.K.
Richard Gasquet n’a pas pu s’entraîner hier comme prévu sur les nouveaux terrains en herbe du Racing, la faute à la pluie fine. Mais il a pu rejouer indoor durant 1 h 30’, tout en composant avec trois heures de préparation physique distillées entre la matinée et l’après-midi. Après son forfait à Roland-Garros (ménisque bloqué), le test a été concluant pour son genou. « Richard est en pleine forme », a commenté son coach Guillaume Peyre.

Puschkin
06-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Peyre also says in l'Equipe he's feeling great. He played 1,5 hours and did 3 hours of physical training and his knee feels fine.For how long? :tape:

« Richard est en pleine forme », a commenté son coach Guillaume Peyre. [/I]
When I read that, I can't avoid a certain feeling of bitterness. :o

~*BGT*~
06-03-2008, 03:09 PM
What is that in English?

Vlad1980
06-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Peyre also says in l'Equipe he's feeling great. He played 1,5 hours and did 3 hours of physical training and his knee feels fine.
Gasquet O.K.
Richard Gasquet n’a pas pu s’entraîner hier comme prévu sur les nouveaux terrains en herbe du Racing, la faute à la pluie fine. Mais il a pu rejouer indoor durant 1 h 30’, tout en composant avec trois heures de préparation physique distillées entre la matinée et l’après-midi. Après son forfait à Roland-Garros (ménisque bloqué), le test a été concluant pour son genou. « Richard est en pleine forme », a commenté son coach Guillaume Peyre.

I can not take it very seriously, unless he starts to show decent results. So far this year, every time he or his camp were saying that he is feeling fine, something else happened. Right now, I just wish he would start win some matches.

Schu
06-03-2008, 06:16 PM
I can not take it very seriously, unless he starts to show decent results. So far this year, every time he or his camp were saying that he is feeling fine, something else happened. Right now, I just wish he would start win some matches.

As Jerry McGuire would say - "show me the money" or is eveyone here too yong to remember that movie? But yes, I'll believe it when I see it and man do I hope that I see it (I'm sure he does too).

~*BGT*~
06-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Richie had me at bonjour. :hug: That is actually what he said to me at DC. :lol:

EternalxJourney
06-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Aww that's so cute, BGT. What else did he say? I'm quite envious cus the only thing he said to me after I professed my undying love for him was a sheepish thank-you. Lame.

~*BGT*~
06-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Aww that's so cute, BGT. What else did he say? I'm quite envious cus the only thing he said to me after I professed my undying love for him was a sheepish thank-you. Lame.

That's all he said because that's all I said. :mad: I choked!! I met them all and couldn't get a word out of my mouth. :sobbing: I did tell Clement I loved him Je vous adore I said and he smiled. :)

Schu
06-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Well it RIchie's turn at Wimbledon - Tsonga AO finalist, Monfils FO semi-finalist (Can't see him getting past Roger, but I couldn't see him getting past the first week and certainly not past Ferrer today).

I really hope all the good vibes, mental strength (did I say that about Gael?) from his friends rubs off on him for a great Wimbledon and it doesn't make him feel the pressure to defend his fast erroding spot atop French tennis.

I'm so ready for the grass. I usually don't say this but this year I found Roland Garros to be rather boring, guess cuz all my favs were gone by the third round.

Vlad1980
06-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Well it RIchie's turn at Wimbledon - Tsonga AO finalist, Monfils FO semi-finalist (Can't see him getting past Roger, but I couldn't see him getting past the first week and certainly not past Ferrer today).

I really hope all the good vibes, mental strength (did I say that about Gael?) from his friends rubs off on him for a great Wimbledon and it doesn't make him feel the pressure to defend his fast erroding spot atop French tennis.

I'm so ready for the grass. I usually don't say this but this year I found Roland Garros to be rather boring, guess cuz all my favs were gone by the third round.

Co-signed. Hard to believe that French number 1 player has not reached 1/4 final of any event this year yet. I hope grass changes his fortune.

lenemie
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM

I was just thinking the same ;)

Vlad1980
06-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I just saw parts of second set of his match against Mahut last year at WImbledon... compared to this year, it was just breathtaking stuff from him. I so hope to see Richard in similar mood come this grass season.

~*BGT*~
06-07-2008, 03:33 AM
The draw is tomorrow. :banana: Let us all pray Richie gets a clay-courter first round. :worship:

Ayane
06-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Draw

(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP/BYE
(WC) BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE v KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
FALLA, Alejandro COL v NISHIKORI, Kei JPN
PATIENCE, Olivier FRA v (16) QUERREY, Sam USA
(10) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI v QUALIFIER
SAFIN, Marat RUS v QUALIFIER
(WC) BOGDANOVIC, Alex GBR v QUALIFIER
BYE/( 8 ) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO

(3) RODDICK, Andy USA/BYE
GINEPRI, Robby USA v SPADEA, Vincent USA
GUCCIONE, Chris AUS v LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
ROGER-VASSELIN, Edouard FRA v (15) FISH, Mardy USA
(12) SEPPI, Andreas ITA v CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL v GULBIS, Ernests LAT
GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA v QUALIFIER
BYE/(6) MURRAY, Andy GBR

(5) GASQUET, Richard/BYE
DANCEVIC, Frank v BOLELLI, Simone
LAPENTTI, Nicolas v ANCIC, Mario
LEE, Hyung-Taik v (9) VERDASCO, Fernando
(14) LOPEZ, Feliciano v MAHUT, Nicolas
ANDERSON, Kevin v ISNER, John
SELA, Dudi v TROICKI, Viktor
BYE/(4) NALBANDIAN, David

(7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri/BYE
CILIC, Marin v MELZER, Jurgen
(WC) EVANS, Daniel v (WC) MALISSE, Xavier
(WC) GOODALL, Joshua v (11) HEWITT, Lleyton
(13) TIPSAREVIC, Janko v NAVARRO, Ivan
REYNOLDS, Bobby v MINAR, Ivo
CIPOLLA, Flavio v KARANUSIC, Roko
BYE/(2) DJOKOVIC, Novak

Getta
06-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Hopefully Richie will reach the QF and meet Nalbandian there.

Unless Ancic disagrees with this scenario and/or Nalbandian "surprises" me again. :)

Allure
06-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Pretty hard draw for Richard (considering his current form). Good luck though.

silverwhite
06-08-2008, 12:03 AM
He's playing doubles with Mahut, as expected. ;)

Vlad1980
06-08-2008, 12:55 AM
I wish he would win at least 1 match... but given his form, I don't think even Bolelli will be easy.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-08-2008, 01:40 AM
I think I'll stick to "one match at a time" because I simply don't know what to expect from Richard anymore.
I hope all this time with Mahut is helping him play more aggressively, I was watching them train together today and hoping that Richard will get into the aggressive mindset. Maybe wishful thinking but Peyre seems to be a good job and working him hard, so hopefully it will start to show in his results. :)

Allure
06-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Anyone know a livestream for Queens? :wavey:

Vlad1980
06-08-2008, 02:00 AM
I think I'll stick to "one match at a time" because I simply don't know what to expect from Richard anymore.
I hope all this time with Mahut is helping him play more aggressively, I was watching them train together today and hoping that Richard will get into the aggressive mindset. Maybe wishful thinking but Peyre seems to be a good job and working him hard, so hopefully it will start to show in his results. :)

Today? in London?

Details please! :)

Schu
06-08-2008, 02:54 AM
I wish he would win at least 1 match... but given his form, I don't think even Bolelli will be easy.

On grass it could be Dancevic, who won't be easy either. Wish he didn't have a bye, he needs all the matches he can get. I'd say tough draw (Ancic plus a lot of giants with huge serves - Isner, Anderson, Dancevic) given his current form but actually it's been a while since he played a match so what is his current form? Given his past form, it could be a disaster but hopefull that is actually a thing of the past.

I'm not expecting much but hoping for A LOT. Just hope he fights through his matches (notice the plural - matches), stays positive and good things can happen.

Vlad1980
06-08-2008, 03:02 AM
On grass it could be Dancevic, who won't be easy either. Wish he didn't have a bye, he needs all the matches he can get. I'd say tough draw (Ancic plus a lot of giants with huge serves - Isner, Anderson, Dancevic)given his current form but actually it's been a while since he played a match so what is his current form?

I'm not expecting much but hoping for A LOT. Just hope he fights through his match(es), stays positive and good things can happen.

I agree about first round. He needs matches and now he will get someone like Dancevic who btw, just reached finals of Surbiton challenger on grass. But seriously, I think he needs to reach at least 1/4 finals or even semis either this week or next... it is getting really ridiculously poor season. This is grass afterall, it's his time to wake up from coma and shine again.

Allez Richie!!!! :)

~*BGT*~
06-08-2008, 03:42 AM
Anyone know a livestream for Queens? :wavey:

BBC Tennis website has had livestream before (2006) but I don't know about this year.

my0118
06-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Queen's Main Draw

(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP/BYE
(WC) BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE v KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
FALLA, Alejandro COL v NISHIKORI, Kei JPN
PATIENCE, Olivier FRA v (16) QUERREY, Sam USA
(10) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI v (Q) BLOOMFIELD, Richard GBR
SAFIN, Marat RUS v (Q) WARD, James GBR
(WC) BOGDANOVIC, Alex GBR v (Q) SIRIANNI, Joseph AUS
BYE/(8) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO

(3) RODDICK, Andy USA/BYE
GINEPRI, Robby USA v SPADEA, Vincent USA
GUCCIONE, Chris AUS v LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
ROGER-VASSELIN, Edouard FRA v (15) FISH, Mardy USA
(12) SEPPI, Andreas ITA v CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL v GULBIS, Ernests LAT
GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA v (Q) DE VOEST, Rik RSA
BYE/(6) MURRAY, Andy GBR

(5) GASQUET, Richard/BYE
DANCEVIC, Frank v BOLELLI, Simone
LAPENTTI, Nicolas v ANCIC, Mario
LEE, Hyung-Taik v (9) VERDASCO, Fernando
(14) LOPEZ, Feliciano v MAHUT, Nicolas
ANDERSON, Kevin v ISNER, John
SELA, Dudi v TROICKI, Viktor
BYE/(4) NALBANDIAN, David

(7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri/BYE
CILIC, Marin v MELZER, Jurgen
(WC) EVANS, Daniel v (WC) MALISSE, Xavier
(WC) GOODALL, Joshua v (11) HEWITT, Lleyton
(13) TIPSAREVIC, Janko v NAVARRO, Ivan
REYNOLDS, Bobby v MINAR, Ivo
CIPOLLA, Flavio v KARANUSIC, Roko
BYE/(2) DJOKOVIC, Novak

lenemie
06-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Richie is playing doubles tomorrow, 5th match after 12.30

Schu
06-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Richie is playing doubles tomorrow, 5th match after 12.30

Good. Who is he playing with? Mahut?

lenemie
06-08-2008, 03:54 PM
yep

Schu
06-08-2008, 04:01 PM
yep

Thanks. They ought to be a VERY good grass doubles team.

Let's get some WINS, RIchie!!!!

Ayane
06-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Any livestream that we can see perhaps this double tomorrow and his singles matchs that week?

lamnathalie
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Any livestream that we can see perhaps this double tomorrow and his singles matchs that week?

BBC.com live :bigwave:

Getta
06-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Monday OoP

CENTRE COURT

Not before 5:00 PM
[WC] A.Murray(GBR)/D.Vallverdu(ECU) vs. R.Gasquet(FRA)/N.Mahut(FRA)

PinkFeatherBoa
06-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Today? in London?

Details please! :)

Hi, yes it was yesterday at Queens Club with Mahut and Peyre, of course. I should have given details. Richard seemed to be in a pretty good mood (was chatting quite a lot with Vliegen who was sharing the practise court). Physically, he looked to be ok, I was keeping an eye on his knee to see if it was affecting his movement but he was moving fine and seemed to be hitting the ball quite well. Of course, this was only practise, so who knows how he will be when it comes to being on the match court but I'm quietly confident that he's going to do OK this week. He seems to really enjoy playing on grass (as of course we've seen in the past) and as long as he plays aggressively and enjoys being out there (as he looked to be in practise) then hopefully there will be good things.
My French isn't great and I wasn't really listening all the time but I do remember Peyre instructing him to return from closer in at one point (I have a video clip of him which I'll find and post later) where he is far back but then he did step in and took Mahut's ball early. I want aggressive Richard on court always, I just know he would be deadly for most people then.

Vlad1980
06-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi, yes it was yesterday at Queens Club with Mahut and Peyre, of course. I should have given details. Richard seemed to be in a pretty good mood (was chatting quite a lot with Vliegen who was sharing the practise court). Physically, he looked to be ok, I was keeping an eye on his knee to see if it was affecting his movement but he was moving fine and seemed to be hitting the ball quite well. Of course, this was only practise, so who knows how he will be when it comes to being on the match court but I'm quietly confident that he's going to do OK this week. He seems to really enjoy playing on grass (as of course we've seen in the past) and as long as he plays aggressively and enjoys being out there (as he looked to be in practise) then hopefully there will be good things.
My French isn't great and I wasn't really listening all the time but I do remember Peyre instructing him to return from closer in at one point (I have a video clip of him which I'll find and post later) where he is far back but then he did step in and took Mahut's ball early. I want aggressive Richard on court always, I just know he would be deadly for most people then.

Thanx a lot. Positive news.. that's what we need.

Vlad1980
06-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Monday OoP

CENTRE COURT

Not before 5:00 PM
[WC] A.Murray(GBR)/D.Vallverdu(ECU) vs. R.Gasquet(FRA)/N.Mahut(FRA)

Happy that he will get some match play before his singles matches.

my0118
06-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Is there any livestream for the tournament? I could find it for Halle, but I'm not sure there's one.

Allure
06-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Someone said that BBC.com is showing it live but I don't see anything. :shrug:

Gul
06-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Someone said that BBC.com is showing it live but I don't see anything. :shrug:

:wavey: Hi , 1:35pm BBC 2! Have nice a day !

Schu
06-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Well grass season gets off to a bum start. He and Mahut LOST to Murray (ARGH!!) and someone I never heard of 10-4 in match tiebreak. I would have thought RIchard and Nico would have made quite a good grass court doubles team.

Not good for the ole confidence, even if it is doubles - a win is a win, and he hasn't had many of those lately. Hope he hasn't forgotten how to win a match. ALLEZ RICHIE!!!

Vlad1980
06-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Well grass season gets off to a bum start. He and Mahut LOST to Murray (ARGH!!) and someone I never heard of 10-4 in match tiebreak. I would have thought RIchard and Nico would have made quite a good grass court doubles team.

Not good for the ole confidence, even if it is doubles - a win is a win, and he hasn't had many of those lately. Hope he hasn't forgotten how to win a match. ALLEZ RICHIE!!!

Surprising result indeed... but on positive side, he got some matchplay on center court and should be more comfortable in singles.

~*BGT*~
06-10-2008, 01:49 AM
I read that he has been practicing with Roddick. Both of boys together. :woohoo: Work hard and encourage each other guys!! :banana:

Oh, Andy won the TB 7-2. :p

Schu
06-10-2008, 03:23 AM
Oh, Andy won the TB 7-2. :p

He just didn't want to reveal to Andy "the new and improved Richard" before a match ;).

~*BGT*~
06-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Yeah, with Andy, Richard doesn't get going until he's down 2 sets and a break. :lol:

Allure
06-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Why Roddick? :rolleyes:

~*BGT*~
06-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Maybe Peyre wants him to work on returning big serves. :shrug: Besides, why not? Andy's a good guy. :)

lenemie
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Why Roddick? :rolleyes:

why not, Roddick's had good results on grass...

~*BGT*~
06-10-2008, 07:32 PM
(First Matches Start at 12:30 PM)

COURT 1
(5)R. Gasquet (FRA) v S. Bolelli (ITA)

----------

:banana: But at the same time as Andy. :sad:

Vlad1980
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Bolelli should be a better matchup for Richard (unlike Dancevic) to get used to grass.

If Richard plays solid match, he should be able to prevail. I think Bolelli won maybe 1 match in his career on grass.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Hmm, 1st on Court 1, I'll try to get in in time to see him. No lie in for me then. ;) I didn't get to see Bolelli's 1st rounder unfortunately (wanted to see how he plays on grass) but it's a better match than Dancevic. I'm sure he's going to be fine (judging by his performance in the doubles), allez Richard.

Ceri
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Aaaaaaaahhhh I met him today at Queens!!! and got a picture with him too, yay. :D he's such a sweetie and was happy to sign and pose for pics with fans after his practice session, if anyone's interested in seeing the pics from it I can post them if you tell me how to upload images on here :)

Ceri
06-10-2008, 11:08 PM
^^^ Oh, and he was timing the ball very nicely in practice and seemed really happy and at ease, larking around with his coach. Hope the grass season gives him some much-needed confidence. :)

~*BGT*~
06-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I met him in April and got a pic with him. He is very nice and tres mignon. :p

To post pics here, all you need is the URL of the picture and place IMG tags around it. :wavey:

Jozie
06-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Hmm, 1st on Court 1, I'll try to get in in time to see him. No lie in for me then. ;) I didn't get to see Bolelli's 1st rounder unfortunately (wanted to see how he plays on grass) but it's a better match than Dancevic. I'm sure he's going to be fine (judging by his performance in the doubles), allez Richard.

Mmmmm, wish I were able to see the Court 1 matches today. Some exciting match ups. Gonzalez/Safin should be pretty exciting, as well as Mahut/Isner. Enjoy your day, and hope you have good weather. :wavey:

Allez Richie!!!

Vlad1980
06-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Allez Richard. Please kick some ass today. :worship:

Allure
06-11-2008, 06:15 AM
I wish there was a livestream. :sad:

Puschkin
06-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Allez Richard. Please kick some ass today. :worship:
preferably Bolelli's. :p

lenemie
06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
preferably Bolelli's. :p

and he did 6/3 6/3 :woohoo:

Jozie
06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Allez Richard!!!!! Good for the confidence. Made it to 3rd round. :bigclap:

~*BGT*~
06-11-2008, 01:01 PM
First win since Rome. :sobbing: Great job. :woohoo:

Getta
06-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Ancic is next? That could be a really, really tough test.

Hopefully Richie will pass it with flying colours.

Allez Richie!

RFK
06-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm so happy that he won!
Was annoyed that there was no coverage from Court 1 and couldn't find on the website if he had won or not...
but YAY!!

Puschkin
06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Bolelli was certainly not the sternest test, but hej, I do feel good about this win. :D

Vlad1980
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Any win is a good win now for Richie. :)

Ancic will be very tough.

Allez!

RFK
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know what day/time the match agaisnt Ancic will be on?
Thanks.
x

Jozie
06-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks.
x

Order of play is only released between 20h00 and 21h00 local time, so my guess we'll find out in about 3 or 4 hours time. :)

RFK
06-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Ok, thank you very much.
I'll be on the look-out!

Schu
06-11-2008, 04:18 PM
It's a WIN!!! I was afraid to check the scores when I woke up this morning.

Ancic will be quite a different story but he can do it.

lisaplenske
06-11-2008, 05:37 PM
good richard:)

now beat ancic,you can do it.

Allure
06-11-2008, 06:04 PM
He actually won a match. :eek:

Jozie
06-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks.
x

Thursday, Round 3: Gasquet vs Ancic, Court 1, following Gonzalez vs Karlovic which takes place at 12h30 local time.

:sad: No televising.... will have to follow scoring online.

RFK
06-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Oh, thankyou.
Why don't they film his matches!?

Good luck to him though.
Allez Richard!!

PinkFeatherBoa
06-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I didn't get to see it. :sad: Tickets sold out so fast today, stupid overcrowding this year. I have a centre ticket tomorrow and I find out he's on court 1 again but I'll have to try and do some ticket swapping because I'm not missing him again!
In happier news, I was so pleased to hear he'd won. I was watching Nishikori when I saw him and Peyre in the distance on the far practise court. So I rushed down there before knowing the result (I asked Peyre in the end since he was right by me). Anyway the point of this story is that Peyre had him straight out on the practise courts after the match working on his serve. Did he serve badly in the match, I haven't seen the stats?

I just hope he keeps working hard because it's great to see win next to his name again!

EternalxJourney
06-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Keep on keepin' on! Bring the trophy home.

Puschkin
06-12-2008, 05:38 AM
In happier news, I was so pleased to hear he'd won. I was watching Nishikori when I saw him and Peyre in the distance on the far practise court. So I rushed down there before knowing the result (I asked Peyre in the end since he was right by me). Anyway the point of this story is that Peyre had him straight out on the practise courts after the match working on his serve. Did he serve badly in the match, I haven't seen the stats?

66% for the match, 75% in set 1, 54% in set 2.
70% of the first serve points won for the match, 75 % in set 1, 62% in set 2.

Looking at the stats, Peyre seems right, but it is hard to say without having seen a single point.

Ginevra83
06-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Richard-Mario 7-6

Vlad1980
06-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Richard-Mario 7-6

Looks like he had 5 breakpoint chances (in 3 different return games, 2 of which were setpoints) but missed them all... But good tiebrek.

Allez!

Schu
06-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Keep fighting Richard!! I just turned on the scoreboard to see that Richard broke at 4-4!He is serving for the MATCH! Hold your serve!!!

HE DID IT!!! 7-6, 6-4 :woohoo::woohoo:

lenemie
06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
7-6 6-4 :woohoo:

Long time since he won 2 matches in a row :banana:

Jozie
Awesome Richard!!!! Another win.... in 2 sets 7/6 6/4
Keep going...

Ginevra83
Bravo Richard 7-6 6-4!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for him!!
Mario:hug:

*julie*
Well done Richard! This makes my day! :D

Vlad1980
06-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Richard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship::worship::worship:

Keep it up now!!!!! :)

Gul
06-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Ilove it!:) Good job!;)
Well done our :angel:

RFK
06-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Yay!
Another match.
Keep it up!!!!

~*BGT*~
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Andy and Richard go through together. What a great day for this Gasdick fan. :D

Getta
06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I couldn't watch the match. I've just seen the scoreline.

Very impressive. Bravo Richie!!! I'm so happy for him. :D

Jozie
06-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Andy and Richard go through together. What a great day for this Gasdick fan. :D

You are so funny and cute. You really keep me smiling (along with Richie of course)!

~*BGT*~
06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
You are so funny and cute. You really keep me smiling (along with Richie of course)!

:hug: That's my name for Fantasy Tennis. :lol: But the best thing about him winning is that his quarterfinal will be on TTC!! :woohoo:

Jozie
06-12-2008, 05:39 PM
:hug: That's my name for Fantasy Tennis. :lol: But the best thing about him winning is that his quarterfinal will be on TTC!! :woohoo:

I will certainly be on the look out for Gasdick tomorrow as well. The GAS part of Gasdick has my vote. Good luck for winning combination in the Quarters. :yeah:

Allure
06-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Quite a surprising result. Maybe the new coach has helped him. :)

case
06-12-2008, 06:14 PM
7-6 6-4 :woohoo:

Long time since he won 2 matches in a row :banana:

i was feeling really good until i saw this;) oh well he has to start his winning streak somewhere!

Schu
06-12-2008, 07:00 PM

My 2 favorites playing each other on TTC. I'm either going to have to wake up REALLY early or be "sick" for a few hours from work depending on when they are scheduled but I'm not missing this one.

I'll be happy no matter who wins but I REALLY want Richie to win this one. O.K. I know the last time they played Nalbo demolished RIchie but that was on what I think is Nalbo's best surface - indoors and now it's on Richie's best. And I know Nalbo is 5-0 against Richie but there is always a first time.

Nalbandian's stats looked VERY impressive today so he is either going to keep the hot streak going or crash and burn tomorrow in typical Nalbo style. One thing "for sure";) Richard's serve better be awesome tomorrow.

Whoever wins tomorrow better make it to the final - on second thought better win it all.

lisaplenske
06-12-2008, 08:15 PM
cruel stats against nalbandian for richard:o

great win against ancic today,hoefully he will lay even better against nalby tomorrow.

His game has to be on top.

Go richard!:cool:

Getta
06-12-2008, 08:34 PM
I like both David and Richie. Whoever wins tomorrow will make me very happy.

As for the 5-0 David has over Richie, I don't care. We're speaking about Richard Gasquet here. He could be dangerous to anyone... Especially on grass.

lisaplenske
06-12-2008, 08:44 PM
pffff richard will play the last quarter finale on centre court:rolleyes:

CENTRE COURT (start 12:30 PM)
(1)R. Nadal (ESP) v (8)I. Karlovic (CRO)
(3)A. Roddick (USA) v (6)A. Murray (GBR)
(11)L. Hewitt (AUS) v (2)N. Djokovic (SRB)
(5)R. Gasquet (FRA) v (4)D. Nalbandian (ARG)
Doubles
E Butorac (USA)
R. Ram (USA) v (6)M. Mirnyi (BLR)
J. Murray (GBR)

my0118
06-12-2008, 11:57 PM
I haven't been into tennis. It's the most interesting match of this year to me!! I'm really looking forward to it.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-13-2008, 11:14 AM
I couldn't get a court 1 ticket yesterday again but I watched some of the match (from the 1st set) over the back fence but the problem with that is you can't see the far end of the court well. But I could see when Richard was being agressive and he was serving and volleying beautifully. I remember 1 particular FH volley that was so crisp and precise. I love watching him volley, so I'm pleased to see him employ that strategy. Seems he's being working on his agressive play, guess it helps when you share a coach with a player like Mahut. It seems Richard's court positioning may yet get back on track. :)

Obviously today is going to be incredibly tough ( I haven't seen David play though, so no idea how he's playing) but I'm hopeful this new "avec Peyre" Richard will tough out the win. The win over Mario was certainly encouraging.

I might down to the club and watch, depends how long the other matches take, otherwise it will be TV for me. Allez Richard!(yesterday I was cheering over the fence since hardly anyone inside actually cheered!)

~*BGT*~
06-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Anybody following the match?? Richard's taken it to a 3rd set!! :woohoo: By the stats, it slooks like he's playing very well: 12 aces, 77% first serves won, 63 % second serves won... come ON!!! :bounce:

juvvi
06-13-2008, 05:25 PM
I am watching the match. Gasquet is playing well.

http://www.tvgratis.tv/tv-gratis-online-windows-media-player/tele-madrid-la-otra-spain.html

juvvi
06-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Actually Gasquet is serving pretty well.

~*BGT*~
06-13-2008, 05:55 PM
5-2 down in the TB :sad:

~*BGT*~
06-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Lost 7-3. :sad: Still, good fight and this has been a great week. He got to his first quarterfinal of the year!! :banana:

cesca
06-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Awww :sad: But at least he took it to 3 sets (after 1st game I was worried) and it was a 1/4final! Wooo.

Some work to do on the forehand though after this evening methinks.

silverwhite
06-13-2008, 06:00 PM
BH was on fire today. Served well in the second set but first serve percentage dipped in the third. FH... :o

One positive is that he stood on or near the baseline when returning throughout the match. A good sign, even if he didn't return exceptionally well today...

Vlad1980
06-13-2008, 06:08 PM
BH was on fire today. Served well in the second set but first serve percentage dipped in the third. FH... :o

One positive is that he stood on or near the baseline when returning throughout the match. A good sign, even if he didn't return exceptionally well today...

Agreed. I liked how he never backtracked on the return of serve, but if he wants to do it consistently now, he needs to vary his slice some more and have more length. His forehand returns were a bit poor today though and that cost him. Overall, even though he lost, this is much better stuff than anything I've seen (outside of AO) this year.

RFK
06-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Was an excellent match compared to some of the games earlier in the year.
Was very close in the end, Nalbandian just took it.
Well done to Richard though, he put up a good fight!

Schu
06-13-2008, 06:09 PM
:bigcry::bigcry: SOOO close. Hope he feels good about this match considering he has said in the past that Nalbandian was harder for him to play than Fed or Nadal.

Lots of positive signs for Richard: played pretty aggressive but not as much to the net as I thought he would be, hung in until the end and isn't this the first time he even won a set from Nalby?

And for RIchie21 - if he didn't shank about 10 forehands at exactly the wrong time, he probably would have won. HOpe he's on the practice court hitting buckets tomorrow. But the good thing was that for the most part he was trying to HIT the forehand and actully had some good ones instead of that loopy crap - he'll have it all together by WImbly.

And credit to Nalbandian who was cool, calm and clever, playing just the right shot when he needed. I hope Nalby destroys Djoke tomorrow.

Good Job Richie, nice to see you back...

cesca
06-13-2008, 06:18 PM
SOOO close. Hope he feels good about this match considering he has said in the past that Nalbandian was harder for him to play than Fed or Nadal.

Don't know if you saw it but Andrew Castle interviewed him jsut before he came out onto the court and was asking him about his record against Nalbandian and Richie was all "Yes I've lost 4 times to him now" etc etc and Andrew Castle corrected him to 5. Aren't we British meant to be vaguely tactful? Not the best way to start a match!

Schu
06-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Don't know if you saw it but Andrew Castle interviewed him jsut before he came out onto the court and was asking him about his record against Nalbandian and Richie was all "Yes I've lost 4 times to him now" etc etc and Andrew Castle corrected him to 5. Aren't we British meant to be vaguely tactful? Not the best way to start a match!

So we have Andrew Castle to thank for the slow start? Those British will do anything to make Murray look better than Gasquet ;)

lisaplenske
06-13-2008, 06:29 PM
even if its a loss richard can get positive things from this match.

Great level of play,showing he's back on track:):devil:

still have to win others match(holland next week) perhaps win the tournament also and come to wimbledon with much confidence and kick some ass there.

thank you richard to show how good you can play.It was a pleasure.:kiss:

cesca
06-13-2008, 06:30 PM
I think we most definitely can. It's terrible not being a fan of Murray AND British. No, I don't want to see matches/interviews/montages of him all the time.

Puschkin
06-13-2008, 07:01 PM
One positive is that he stood on or near the baseline when returning throughout the match. A good sign,.........

:wavey: I totally agree. That is also the part I enjoyed most, and even if the returns did not work out well too often - as you rightly point out - he did not retreat. I really think there is much to build on, confidence-wise. Well done Richie, the slump is over. :):)

RFK
06-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Totally agree with you there cesca!
I was really annoyed when Andrew Castle said that!
They always go on about Murray on British TV, irritates me ever so slightly!
:lol:

Schu
06-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Totally agree with you there cesca!
I was really annoyed when Andrew Castle said that!
They always go on about Murray on British TV, irritates me ever so slightly!

:topic: I know this isn't a Murray thread but... I had a little laugh when Nalbandian fell on the courts today and popped right up. One of the lovely Brit announcers said - "Well not the same yelp like we heard from Murray yesterday." - Sort of making fun of drama queen Murray's fall which I did not see.

Speaking of falls - how about the point where Richard fell, got up and won the point. At least I think he did - I was watchiing at work and was only half watching at that time.

Vlad1980
06-13-2008, 08:06 PM
:topic: I know this isn't a Murray thread but... I had a little laugh when Nalbandian fell on the courts today and popped right up. One of the lovely Brit announcers said - "Well not the same yelp like we heard from Murray yesterday." - Sort of making fun of drama queen Murray's fall which I did not see.

Speaking of falls - how about the point where Richard fell, got up and won the point. At least I think he did - I was watchiing at work and was only half watching at that time.

Yes, he did win the point after David missed bh down the line.. but still after that point, Richard became more passive in tiebreak, maybe he got scared a little.

cesca
06-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I know this isn't a Murray thread but... I had a little laugh when Nalbandian fell on the courts today and popped right up. One of the lovely Brit announcers said - "Well not the same yelp like we heard from Murray yesterday." - Sort of making fun of drama queen Murray's fall which I did not see.

It was hilarious when Murray fell- and damaged 3 bodyparts in the proces- and sounded like someone had shot him or something. And then his apparently injured groin was fine but his thumb too damged! Oh well at least it meant I could see more Gasquet on TV instead of poor online quality.

He's playing Nottingham next week yes?

Edit: Oh apparently he's not. Shame

Vlad1980
06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
It was hilarious when Murray fell- and damaged 3 bodyparts in the proces- and sounded like someone had shot him or something. And then his apparently injured groin was fine but his thumb too damged! Oh well at least it meant I could see more Gasquet on TV instead of poor online quality.

He's playing Nottingham next week yes?

Edit: Oh apparently he's not. Shame

He is playing Ordina Open in Holland. He is second seed behind Ferrer. I hope he few more good matches there and wins the whole thing. Richard probably got very upset when they made him play indoors on hard all of sudden because of all the rain in Nottingham.

cesca
06-13-2008, 08:39 PM
He is playing Ordina Open in Holland. He is second seed behind Ferrer. I hope he few more good matches there and wins the whole thing. Richard probably got very upset when they made him play indoors on hard all of sudden because of all the rain in Nottingham.

Merci, I reckon he could beat Ferrer, especially on grass. I remember that and all the fuss although not surprised about the rain. Last time I drove through there it was nearly flooding!

PinkFeatherBoa
06-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Really proud of Richard today, positive match despite the loss. Richard met baseline that pleased me especially and I love that a lot of what I've seen him working on with Peyre seems to be coming through in his matches. It's a shame the FH cost him in the end but I prefer that he's going for it. Credit to Nalbandian, too good from him IMO.
Congrats Richard on your good level of play, I'm really feeling positive about this new coaching relationship with Peyre, they seem to make a good team so far. I hope Richard can win in Holland next week to build more confidence going into the big W.

my0118
06-14-2008, 12:39 AM
I couldn't watch the match, but it seems that he is slightly getting his form in the right direction. Although he lost, he fought really well against Nalby, which he never did in the previous encounters. I'm thinking positive for the rest of the Grass tournaments.

*esther*
06-14-2008, 04:53 AM
Shamed on myself, i was half asleep during his match vs Nalby.

Anyway, i saw a Positive Richie.:worship:

Good sign, allez Richie:bigclap::bigclap:

Allure
06-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Shamed on myself, i was half asleep during his match vs Nalby.

Anyway, i saw a Positive Richie.:worship:

Good sign, allez Richie:bigclap::bigclap:

Another Fedquet fan. But you have Novak in your sig. :ras:

Jozie
06-14-2008, 08:59 AM
One of the best matches of the tournament in my opinion. Things looking brighter for Richie. Still plenty room for improvement, especially serve and forehand (which lost him the match). I liked his attitude on court. There was always the belief that he could win.

Good luck for the Ordina Open Richie.

Allez!!!!!

*esther*
06-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Another Fedquet fan. But you have Novak in your sig. :ras:
:hug::hug:

richie21
06-14-2008, 10:19 AM
One of the best matches of the tournament in my opinion. Things looking brighter for Richie. Still plenty room for improvement, especially serve and forehand (which lost him the match). I liked his attitude on court. There was always the belief that he could win.

Good luck for the Ordina Open Richie.

Allez!!!!!

Again,should we say.....
He must really do something about that forehand: of course,i'm not asking him to have a forehand as good as his backhand but to have at least a top 100 forehand!
If his forehand was only half as good as his forehand ,he would already be a top 5 player if not better.

tennis lover
06-14-2008, 10:29 AM
I know I'm late but I'm so glad he managed to win a couple of matches this week, it should be a huge confidence boost to him. and even the Nalbandian match was close. :yeah:

I've got my fingers crossed for a good Wimbledon performance. :dance:

ishiphonehome
06-14-2008, 10:44 AM
I watched the match yesterday. It was so gutting for him to lose because it was so close. In the first set at the start Richie looked nervous, but he still managed to pull of some impressive backhand winners. In the second set he stepped it up and had finally eased in to the match a bit. In the third set it was so close. Just a few forehand errors cost him the matCH. It was unlucky for him but he payed well and had some brillant winners.

RFK
06-14-2008, 10:54 AM
He's not coming to Nottingham because of rain!?
It doesn't rain that much!! It's quite sunny at the moment.
Although it did at last years Nottingham Open i suppose!

Bon chance to him for the Ordina Open.

Ginevra83
06-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Ordina Open Main draw

(1) FERRER, David ESP v (WC) HUTA GALUNG, Jesse NED
QUALIFIER v FOGNINI, Fabio ITA
DARCIS, Steve BEL v SERRA, Florent FRA
MINAR, Ivo CZE v (6) ANCIC, Mario CRO

(3) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN v CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL v GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP
SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER v BERRER, Michael GER
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG v (8) SANTORO, Fabrice FRA

(7) CANAS, Guillermo ARG v ZVEREV, Mischa GER
(WC) VERKERK, Martin NED v QUALIFIER
GREMELMAYR, Denis GER v QUALIFIER
HAASE, Robin NED v (4) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO

(5) ANDREEV, Igor RUS v (WC) DIMITROV, Grigor BUL
HANESCU, Victor ROU v MELZER, Jurgen AUT
GICQUEL, Marc FRA v QUALIFIER
ROCHUS, Olivier BEL v (2) GASQUET, Richard FRA

:wavey:

Vlad1980
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Well, David who beat our Richard just got crushed by Novak 1-6, 0-6. Perhaps he had no energy after last night's win over Richard.

One thing I notice is not the forehand, but return of serve from Richard... since he is standing closer to baseline now, he really has to practice more aggressive return of serve, or at least more accurate placement on his slice...

He should practice those tings next week in Ordina.

lisaplenske
06-14-2008, 04:53 PM
I was thinking the same today during the match of nalbandian/djokovic.

Nalbandian had been crashed cause djokovic returns are so much agressif and flat.
He made nalbandian run and he didnt want to run today so got beaten 1 and 0.

Yes its a really important thing for richard to improve his returns.We also saw it today with nadal who make roddick look totally lost despite his strong serve,hitting so amazing returns.

Good news for richard,blake lost in halle and probably not pass richard in the ranking.Very important for Wimbledon.Richard will robably be seeded 8th there.:)

Schu
06-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Well, David who beat our Richard just got crushed by Novak 1-6, 0-6. Perhaps he had no energy after last night's win over Richard.

One thing I notice is not the forehand, but return of serve from Richard... since he is standing closer to baseline now, he really has to practice more aggressive return of serve, or at least more accurate placement on his slice...

I too noticed his return yesterday. Seems his backhand return was often a poorly placed slice and he did not use the aggressive, amazing backhand he has. I know his backhand requires time to "wind up" and he can't always do that on a return but seems he could step up and crush a backhand return once in a while.

Anyway it was a very positive sign that he STAYED at or near the baseline to return the entire match - he's trying but it will take time. Hope his new coach rides his ass about court position and dare i mention it - forehand :tape:

Puschkin
06-15-2008, 08:21 AM
since he is standing closer to baseline now, he really has to practice more aggressive return of serve, or at least more accurate placement on his slice...

I am convinced that Guillaume also sees what we see. ;)

Allure
06-15-2008, 07:35 PM
His draw is not too tough but he could get beaten by Ljubicic, Tursunov or Andreev.

richie21
06-15-2008, 09:37 PM
His draw is not too tough but he could get beaten by Ljubicic, Tursunov or Andreev.

If he gets beaten by Andreev on grass then he'd better stops tennis.

silverwhite
06-16-2008, 12:52 AM

Been there, done that. 6-7 6-7 at Queen's 04, if I remember correctly. :tape:

Allure
06-16-2008, 02:17 AM

Andreev is a top 40 player who has beaten Richard a couple of times. He's no chump. ;)

Puschkin
06-16-2008, 10:54 AM
6-2 7-6 against O. Rochus. Seemed a cakewalk in the first set, tougher in the second, when rebroken while serving for the match, but got the job done in the tie-break.

silverwhite
06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Wasted tons of BPs (3/13 converted). :tape:

lenemie
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
He won :banana:

Don't forget that Olli can give even Federer a hard time on grass! To be honest, I was expecting 3 sets.

Schu
06-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Broken when serving for the match, 3/13 on break points - Humm, a bit sloppy BUT he WON. Good sign that he still won with less than glowing stats and didn't cave as we have seen so many times. SInce I didn't see a single point, I have no idea how either played but from the scoreline - looks like one of his typical "loss of concentration" dips in the second after an easy 1st.

Will have to sharpen up but he's on the right track.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Pleased to see he won, hope he can continue.

~*BGT*~
06-16-2008, 03:23 PM
I didn't know he was playing today. So, it was a nice surprise to wake up and see on the ATP site that he'd won. :D

RFK
06-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Another win!
Monsieur Gasquet is back in business!!!

lisaplenske
06-16-2008, 06:18 PM
good win cause olivier rochus is a good player.

Yes he should take the opportunities that he causes,his converted bp stats are just:(
but well,he s trying to build up something right now,a more confident player hopefully.
Allez richard go to your shots

good luck in your next match

Allure
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Nice win. Good luck on his next match. :)

EternalxJourney
06-16-2008, 11:15 PM
:banana::banana: Keep it up, Richard!!

~*BGT*~
06-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Gicquel is a winnable match. :bounce:

*esther*
06-17-2008, 12:36 AM
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

First half of the year really wasn't a good year for FedQuet fans, i think the good day is on our way now.:yippee:

Vlad1980
06-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Richie's match today:

http://www.ordina-open.nl/oo1.asx

Vlad1980
06-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Feed is really really bad and Richard lost first set 5-7... not sure what to make of it. He has chances to get break few times (at 4-3, he had 15-40, then at 5-4 he had 30-40 and then at 5-6, he had 0-30.....) then, looks like he lost focus or got pissed and quickly lost his serve after falling down 0-40.

Vlad1980
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Richard is out 5-7, 6-7.... from what I've seen on bad live feed, it was really terrible and passive play (similar to Horna match in Rome). I am not even talking about big points, there are no words to describe how little confidence he must have at the moment to play those points so badly...

0 for 7 in breakpoints don't tell the whole story... because in most other games, he had 0-30 or 15-30 and still did not win a single return game.

Overall, it did not look like the match Richard wanted to win... or at least that's what I hope.

On to Wimbledon.

Puschkin
06-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Listen to me. Mr. Gasquet. Winning the stats is not good enough, you have to win the match. On grass gainst Gicquel. :rolleyes:

richie21
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Listen to me. Mr. Gasquet. Winning the stats is not good enough, you have to win the match. On grass gainst Gicquel. :rolleyes:

So Puchkin ,will you begin to worry a little bit if Richard still doesn't win at least a Master Serie before the end of the year?

Puschkin
06-17-2008, 12:08 PM
So Puchkin ,will you begin to worry a little bit if Richard still doesn't win at least a Master Serie before the end of the year?

Let's talk about it at the end of the year. Still much too early to judge the work with Peyre.

I was frustrated with today's loss, because he was ahead in almost all the stats. As I have not seen a single ball, it is hard to judge his performance, but if Vlad is right it looked as if he did not really care. But I am rather convinced, he will care about Wimbledon.

And please don't come up with your FH bashing again. We know only too well what you think about it. ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
06-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Hmm, I don't know what to think, sounds like a poor loss. I really hope that he wasn't entirely trying. Maybe he just wants to come back to London where he is totally inspired and get ready for his big tilt at Wimbledon. :)

Another year older tomorrow, I've still got good feelings about his coming year. I think this new relationship with Peyre will turn out well for him.

Puschkin
06-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Another year older tomorrow.

Exactly. As I said elsewhere: Richard wanted to celebrate his birthday tomorrow and decided that there are better places to do that than s'Hertogenbosch.;)

Ayane
06-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Exactly. As I said elsewhere: Richard wanted to celebrate his birthday tomorrow and decided that there are better places to do that than s'Hertogenbosch.;)

LOOOL :haha: exactly, unconsciously ... when I wake up, I though the same as you ... Every year, he celebrates :drink: his birthday in England ... Perhaps he would like to do the same this year again :lol:

PinkFeatherBoa
06-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it was my first thought too, he has plans to spend his birthday elsewhere! :lol:

Puschkin
06-17-2008, 01:01 PM
LOOOL :haha: exactly, unconsciously ... when I wake up, I though the same as you ... Every year, he celebrates :drink: his birthday in England ... Perhaps he would like to do the same this year again :lol:

more likely in Paris, no?:p

case
06-17-2008, 01:04 PM
am i the only one who thinks gasquet does not like tennis and never will?

i also think this is why he loses to players with less ability.
It is not just that he doesnt mind losing it is that he minds playing.

Puschkin
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM

Oh come on. He was in a real slump, he got a new coach, he is starting to sort things out, a backslash was to be expected.

I think Richard does like to play tennis and also to win, but not every given match on any day. He is moody, nothing new about that.

richie21
06-17-2008, 01:32 PM

I'm beginning to think that you might have a point there.
When i see him play or when i read some of his interviews,i have sometimes the feeling that he is not playing for himself but for the others and that he would like to do other things than being on a court playing tennis.
I hope i'm wrong though because that would be really sad.

Ayane
06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
more likely in Paris, no?:p

Yeah off course Margareta ... with his friends (to forget about this defeat) in the city that I love so much :inlove:

Schu
06-17-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm speechless! Actually I didn't even know he was playing today. Imagine my surpirse when I see this.

And I even thought he had a chance to win his first (and only) title of 2008 here on his best surface with a rather weak field, WOW! I should have know better to even begin to think like that.

What in the world goes through his mind when he is up so many break points or serving for a set and lets it slip through his hands?

Maybe after Wimbledon when he is down to about #30 he'll really have no pressure and play better. If he could just turn off his mind and and "Feel It" as the ATP campaign says.

Oh well - Have a Happy Birthday tomorrow Richie and on to Wimbledon...

~*BGT*~
06-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Just make it to the second week Richie. :tape:

Allure
06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Hopefully the rustiness is from the new coach transition. :o

Fifteenlove
06-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Richard is out 5-7, 6-7.... from what I've seen on bad live feed, it was really terrible and passive play (similar to Horna match in Rome). I am not even talking about big points, there are no words to describe how little confidence he must have at the moment to play those points so badly...

0 for 7 in breakpoints don't tell the whole story... because in most other games, he had 0-30 or 15-30 and still did not win a single return game.

Overall, it did not look like the match Richard wanted to win... or at least that's what I hope.

On to Wimbledon.

I'm quite surprised. I thought he would keep on playing well as he did last week:sad: Anyway, on to Wimbledon and Happy Birthday Richie :)

*julie*
06-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Don't you remember how it was like last year? A good week... a bad week...a good week.. and so on. He even lost to Qureshi :confused:(sorry for the bad spelling) but still made it to the semies of Wimbly.
I have learn something about him.. Don't take the loss too badly.. he will bounce back. He is like a tennis ball after all. :)

EternalxJourney
06-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Damn. This is so disappointing. I thought he would have a nice, deep run here with only Ferrer in front of him. Ah well at least Celtics steamrolled the Lakers tonight so this day is not completely ruined.

~*BGT*~
06-18-2008, 04:33 AM
But Pau and Sasha lost. :sad:

Schu
06-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Ah well at least Celtics steamrolled the Lakers tonight so this day is not completely ruined.

:yeah: that was fun.

I'll go with Julie's bouncing tennis ball theory.

Jozie
06-18-2008, 06:04 AM
So many bp's and didn't convert them. :mad: I wonder if he tanked? :scratch: I really believe he should have won that match and didn't for only reasons he knows. Really disappointing to say the least.

richie21
06-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Don't you remember how it was like last year? A good week... a bad week...a good week.. and so on. He even lost to Qureshi :confused:(sorry for the bad spelling) but still made it to the semies of Wimbly.
I have learn something about him.. Don't take the loss too badly.. he will bounce back. He is like a tennis ball after all. :)

Well this year,it's more like "a bad week....a bad week.....a bad week" :o

Allure
06-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Is he even going to win a title this year? :unsure:

~*BGT*~
06-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I remember how bad 2006 was for Andy. He didn't win his first (and only) title until August. Granted, it was TMS Cincy which >>>>> Houston, Queen's, Indy, DC... but still. Give Richie time. :)

*esther*
06-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Don't you remember how it was like last year? A good week... a bad week...a good week.. and so on.

Well this year,it's more like "a bad week....a bad week.....a bad week" :o

I remember how bad 2006 was for Andy. He didn't win his first (and only) title until August. Granted, it was TMS Cincy which >>>>> Houston, Queen's, Indy, DC... but still. Give Richie time. :)

Don't worry guys, it wasn't really a bad year though, just see Mr Fed, he only has his 2nd title just last week ago. :hug:

Allure
06-19-2008, 02:11 AM
At least Fed didn't lose his first match three tournaments in a row. :o

Vlad1980
06-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Is he even going to win a title this year? :unsure:

Are they still have that Mumbai tourney? If so, then I say he has a chance! :D

Puschkin
06-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Are they still have that Mumbai tourney? If so, then I say he has a chance! :D

Richrd will prove you all wrong. Yes. :):woohoo: :wavey:

Ome
06-19-2008, 02:58 PM
A little news.
Richard is back in Paris and he was practicing with Fabrice at LPR yesterday. (Pictures to come :p)

Ome
06-19-2008, 03:07 PM
From Abaca:

Ginevra83
06-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks so much dear!!

bye bye

Vlad1980
06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
A little news.
Richard is back in Paris and he was practicing with Fabrice at LPR yesterday. (Pictures to come :p)

Practicing with Santoro is great, but how about with someone who actually has a big serve and who hits hard? I don't think Richard ever struggled with players of Santoro type.

Puschkin
06-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Practicing with Santoro is great, but how about with someone who actually has a big serve and who hits hard? I don't think Richard ever struggled with players of Santoro type.
If you follow richie 21, it does not matter with whom Richard practices, as long as he hits millions of forehands.

:secret: I feel there is something in the making with Santoro. And while Santoro himself is no substitute for a hard-hitting opponent, he is a role-model for how to deal with ball-bashers, so I think Richard can still profit from him a lot tactically.

And finally: :worship: Jai, as usual.

Allure
06-20-2008, 08:07 AM
If you follow richie 21, it does not matter with whom Richard practices, as long as he hits millions of forehands.

:secret: I feel there is something in the making with Santoro. And while Santoro himself is no substitute for a hard-hitting opponent, he is a role-model for how to deal with ball-bashers, so I think Richard can still profit from him a lot tactically.

And finally: :worship: Jai, as usual.

So true. :lol:

NeverSayDie
06-20-2008, 09:20 AM
1st round Wimbledon: Gasquet vs Fish :scared:

Puschkin
06-20-2008, 09:49 AM
1st round Wimbledon: Gasquet vs Fish :scared:

Not the first round I would have wished for, but afterwards it seems easier.:) Fish retired in his QF against Roddick at Queen's last week, though.

silverwhite
06-20-2008, 09:58 AM
*Mentally prepares for a first round loss*

PinkFeatherBoa
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Really couldn't stomach a loss to Fish, so I'm just going to be optimistic and hope it doesn't happen. I think his draw looks (relatively) ok after the 1st round although one match at a time ATM naturally.
Allez Richard, time to enjoy that winning feeling. :)

silverwhite
06-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Really couldn't stomach a loss to Fish, so I'm just going to be optimistic and hope it doesn't happen. I think his draw looks (relatively) ok after the 1st round although one match at a time ATM naturally.

Ditto, but it's not in our hands. :o

Vlad1980
06-20-2008, 03:49 PM

I'd like to think Richard likes his fish to be grilled no?

Vlad1980
06-20-2008, 07:10 PM
I heard that Nadal has withdrawn from exhibition against Safin and Richard will play instead....anyone can confirm this? Any result yet?

tennis lover
06-20-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm secretly hoping that Richard-Mardy will be on an outside court on Tuesday so I can go and watch it! I really hope he can do well at Wimbledon, hopefully he can remember last year and get a good feeling back. :dance:

Allure
06-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Fish will be a tough opponent.

Vlad1980
06-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Fish will be a tough opponent.

No question about it... but the saddest thing is that on many boards RIchard has so little respect (due to his non-results for the past 12 months), that many think Fish shouldn't have a problem with him.

Schu
06-21-2008, 04:06 AM
A first round Wimbledon loss to Fish -- how much would that bum me out! (only thing worse would be a fourth round loss to Murray). But I'm afraid to say I wouldn't be too surprised if it(either)happens.

COME ONNNNN Richie!

Puschkin
06-21-2008, 07:30 AM
No question about it... but the saddest thing is that on many boards RIchard has so little respect (due to his non-results for the past 12 months), that many think Fish shouldn't have a problem with him.
Who cares what those people think? :shrug:

I heard that Nadal has withdrawn from exhibition against Safin and Richard will play instead....anyone can confirm this? Any result yet?

Friday 20 June: Rafael Nadal didn't play Richard Gasquet stepped in.
Marat lost to Richard Gasquet (FRA) 6.4 6.7 7.10(STB)
Marat was up 5.4 in the 2nd serving for the match and lost his serve.
Source: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=125148&page=5

silverwhite
06-21-2008, 08:09 AM
It's not just the opponent. There'll be a great deal of pressure because he's defending SF points.

Vlad1980
06-21-2008, 02:52 PM
It's not just the opponent. There'll be a great deal of pressure because he's defending SF points.

I think that actually will motivate him to perform better...

I also feel that if he will lose some ranking points after Wimbledon and will drop out of top 15, or even top 20, then I am sure he will start playing much better tennis. I think he was sitting little too comfortable in top 10.

j'adore_richie
06-23-2008, 01:52 PM
There needs to be a turn around for Richie sooner or later so why not Wimby? I'm not an overtly optimistic person but I'm trying to stay positive for Richie. Taking the realistic approach is a bit depressing...

Puschkin
06-23-2008, 05:44 PM
First match on court 1 (1.00 pm London time).Gogogogo, Richie, you can beat Fish.

*julie*
06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
:sad:I was hoping him to play later.. i'll miss it..
Anyway Good Luck Richard! It's gonna be tough.

Schu
06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
There needs to be a turn around for Richie sooner or later so why not Wimby? I'm not an overtly optimistic person but I'm trying to stay positive for Richie. Taking the realistic approach is a bit depressing...

So true. And I'm not usually a pessimistic person but I'm not very confident about this first round match.

2 of my favs are already out - Nalbandian and Kohlschrieber. PLEASE Richie don't make it 3!

Just think 2007 Wimbly quarter final Richie. You can do this and catch fire again now. ALLEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cesca
06-23-2008, 09:15 PM
First match on court 1 (1.00 pm London time).Gogogogo, Richie, you can beat Fish.

I will be there. With leftover strawberries and icecream in my nice leather chair. Like j'adore_richie I think it's time for some positive thinking and conviction. We know he can do it and I like to think he knows too. And if not, then maybe it will be a trigger for some more drive and bouncing back. AND, it is only a game after all. ;)

P.S. Anyone know what his Wimbly outfit will be like? Pretty plain I'm thinking. Nothing to Fed's cardi which I am a bit in love with ha ha. :worship: Only Fed could pull it off though...

Allure
06-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Nalbandian out which would benefit Federer. ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
06-23-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm sending lots of positivity Richard's way, I hope for the right result tomorrow. I'm also annoyed it's on early because it means I probably won't see it but Allez anyway, I'll be willing him on from outside. :p

Schu
06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
P.S. Anyone know what his Wimbly outfit will be like? Pretty plain I'm thinking. Nothing to Fed's cardi which I am a bit in love with ha ha. :worship: Only Fed could pull it off though...

I saw a photo of Richard training at I think Queen's with a really nice white Lacoste sweater looking jacket, very classic Wimbledon looking. I imagine he'll have that at Wimbly with the plain old white shirt and shorts. Lacoste could at least put a little color trim on the shirts or something. Anyway all I care about is that he plays well and feels good on the court. He ALWAYS looks good on the court, now he just needs to play half as good as he looks (without that damn cap, which I'm sure is never going away) and he'd do great.

Is he playing doubles?

tennis lover
06-23-2008, 11:54 PM
I have tickets for Centre Court tomorrow and my 2 favourite players are on Court 1! :sobbing: But I will be willing Richie on from wherever in the grounds I am at the time. :dance: (probably not Centre Court as Venus will be playing at the same time and there is no way I am watching her!)

Allez Richard! :bounce:

Allure
06-24-2008, 12:14 AM
I saw a photo of Richard training at I think Queen's with a really nice white Lacoste sweater looking jacket, very classic Wimbledon looking. I imagine he'll have that at Wimbly with the plain old white shirt and shorts. Lacoste could at least put a little color trim on the shirts or something. Anyway all I care about is that he plays well and feels good on the court. He ALWAYS looks good on the court, now he just needs to play half as good as he looks (without that damn cap, which I'm sure is never going away) and he'd do great.

Is he playing doubles?

I know; he looks good on the court but his game...:o

~*BGT*~
06-24-2008, 02:40 AM
I have tickets for Centre Court tomorrow and my 2 favourite players are on Court 1! :sobbing: But I will be willing Richie on from wherever in the grounds I am at the time. :dance: (probably not Centre Court as Venus will be playing at the same time and there is no way I am watching her!)

Allez Richard! :bounce:

You can't, like, trade with someone? :lol:

Puschkin
06-24-2008, 04:36 AM
I saw a photo of Richard training at I think Queen's with a really nice white Lacoste sweater looking jacket, very classic Wimbledon looking.

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/newsdetail.asp?id=6892521&posts=&dp=&lp=1&page=44

Lacoste's triumph over Nike.

:topic: I like Roger, but I find the belt, the cardigan and worst- the bag - rather odd. :o

j'adore_richie
06-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Awww yay...he's doing well up 6-3 3-2:D. Shame I can't watch it :sad:. I don't suppose anyone has found a stream that covers court one? I don't wanna watch Venus Williams :(

juvvi
06-24-2008, 02:00 PM
I watched this match on justin.tv, until the fag end of the third set. Richard was aggressive in his returns and his backhand was great today. Some of his forehand shots were great too, but the technique is still the same. Richard was playing really well

Puschkin
06-24-2008, 02:03 PM
:woohoo: I will watch the video on demand on the WImby site later today. Congrats, Richard. Well done.

j'adore_richie
06-24-2008, 02:07 PM
It's great to hear that he is being agressive and playing well, hope he keeps it up!

silverwhite
06-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow. Really unexpected. :lol:

Herdwick
06-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Really enjoyed that so much and think he did too. Sublime stuff - now please keep it up.

Jozie
06-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Way to go Richie. Never ever gonna give up on you!!!!! :clap2:

Ginevra83
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I watched it...Really really great match for Richard!! Very confident from the start to the end...keep going:yeah:
Bravo!!

bye bye:wavey:

cesca
06-24-2008, 02:54 PM
When the BBC finally deigned to show it (no, I don't want to watc hAnne Keothavong (sp?) and I don't care that she's British) I caught the final set and a half. He did play well- the forehands were going in :D and the backhand as delightful as ever. Also, he wasn't standing 5miles behind the baseline all the time.

All bodes well I think. Next up- Grosjean (another man I love). :yeah:

*julie*
06-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Well done Richard. I was nervous checking the score.
Good luck against Grosjean.. another good grass court player. :worship:

~*BGT*~
06-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Beautiful win, as always. :D

Schu
06-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Can't wait to see this later today on Wimbledon on demand.

I was a bit worried about this one but looks like he came through in great form without his usual let down somewhere during the match. KEEP IT UP!!!

Gul
06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Lovely Match! Well Done! Good Luck Next Match. I Watched The Game Lovely Lovely:)

RFK
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Didn't get to see the match, but will have a look on the internet!
Heard the good news though! Well done to him.
And good luck for Grosjean.

~*BGT*~
06-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Q. With Tsonga and Monfils injured, do you feel you're carrying French hopes on your back here in Wimbledon?

RICHARD GASQUET: I don't care. For sure, I don't care. I have to play for myself, you know. It was difficult for me with my injuries, with everything. So it's not a big problem for me. I am sad for them because they are friend of mine, but it's not a big problem.

:woohoo: Love that answer... LOVE it. :D

EternalxJourney
06-25-2008, 02:51 AM
About time. Lovin' the new Richard. One match at a time; next up Seb. You can do it, Richard!! *sends positive vibes*

my0118
06-25-2008, 03:33 AM
I'm starting to watch his match.
I'm really glad that he won.
Good luck to Richard in the next match as well!

EternalxJourney
06-25-2008, 03:55 AM
I was just watching Richard's match against Fish and when the camera showed Thierry Champion, the commentators said he was Richard's coach. Did I miss something? Did he change coach again? I'm thinking they mistook Gael's coach for Richard's.

Puschkin
06-25-2008, 06:47 AM
I was just watching Richard's match against Fish and when the camera showed Thierry Champion, the commentators said he was Richard's coach. Did I miss something? Did he change coach again? I'm thinking they mistook Gael's coach for Richard's.

I heard that, too. But I have another explanation: Guillaume was probably preparing and/or following Mahut and Thierry just jumped in as Monfils withdrew.

Ginevra83
06-25-2008, 09:18 AM
I heard that, too. But I have another explanation: Guillaume was probably preparing and/or following Mahut and Thierry just jumped in as Monfils withdrew.

Payre was next to Thierry..He was there just to watch the match and to support Richard!!
but maybe they don't know who Richard's coach is, exactly!!:rolleyes:

bye bye

Allure
06-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Djokobitch out. :woohoo:

Schu
06-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Davy out, Nalbandian out, Djoke out (:woohoo:) I hope Richard is on the winning end of an upset (ie. Nadal) instead of the loosing end. Actually just hope he gets to Nadal. But one match at a time...

I finally saw the whole Fish match. Richie definitely had some great stuff but Fish let him off the hook a few times. Fish also tested him and he came through unscathed so good stuff. Was most impressed with his abilty to hold a shakey service game to close out sets and of course that BH was gold.

~*BGT*~
06-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Please give us a good 4th round Richie and Murray. :D

Allure
06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Roger :o :mad:

tennis lover
06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
:banana: for the win! :dance: Hopefully it'll be more of the same against Seb later. :D