Looking to switch from aerogel 300 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Looking to switch from aerogel 300

dunlopkickserve
05-31-2008, 02:41 PM
I am currently using a Dunlop Aerogel 300. My HS season just ended and I had trouble with stability on return of serve. I like the serve it gives me.... but no point having a serve unless you can break some1 elses serve. Anyone know of a similar racket. I was looking at the aerogel 200 or kblade tour but those are almost a whole ounce heavier. Any ideas or should i just try the 200 and sacrafice the open string pattern that the 300 gives me?

jazar
05-31-2008, 04:46 PM
every manufacturer will make an equivalent frame to the aerogel 300, so it may be worth looking at a few of those, such as the microgel radical or babolat pure storm.

or, you could look at rackets such as the microgel radical tour and microgel extreme pro. both are slightly larger headsizes (100sq inch as opposed to 98sq inch) but they are also a bit heavier, though not as heavy as the aerogel 200 or kblade tour. they also have the open string pattern it seems you favour

dunlopkickserve
06-01-2008, 02:33 PM
every manufacturer will make an equivalent frame to the aerogel 300, so it may be worth looking at a few of those, such as the microgel radical or babolat pure storm.

or, you could look at rackets such as the microgel radical tour and microgel extreme pro. both are slightly larger headsizes (100sq inch as opposed to 98sq inch) but they are also a bit heavier, though not as heavy as the aerogel 200 or kblade tour. they also have the open string pattern it seems you favour
My friend uses a radical and i'm really not impressed with it or the shape of its head, and haven't tried any Balbolats yet. What do you think about the Prince Diablo?

jazar
06-01-2008, 05:39 PM
My friend uses a radical and i'm really not impressed with it or the shape of its head, and haven't tried any Balbolats yet. What do you think about the Prince Diablo?

i havent hit with it, but its a little heavier than the aerogel 300 and a little longer as well, which will help with power and reach. they're pretty nice frames