6 France players still in the draw (out of 24 players remained) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

6 France players still in the draw (out of 24 players remained)

ivankg
05-30-2008, 08:33 PM
3 in R4 and 3 in R3. Unespected?

Okonsky
05-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Unespected?

I don't know but it's quitte exellent. And without Gasquett.

gusman890
05-30-2008, 08:58 PM
They are stepping up nicely this year. Even the Americans have some wins.

Adler
05-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Ironically, all of them will probably go out in 4R and also ironically, the one with the biggest chance of reaching QF is Monfils

Renaud
05-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Ironically, all of them will probably go out in 4R and also ironically, the one with the biggest chance of reaching QF is Monfils

I think Llodra has more chance against Gulbis than Monfils to beat Melzer and Davydenko....
:wavey:

Adler
05-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I think Llodra has more chance against Gulbis than Monfils to beat Melzer and Davydenko....
:wavey:
Now I see! :eek: Didn't look at the draw correctly

Leah
05-30-2008, 09:10 PM
French tennis looks to have great prospects on the guys side. Don't think France has to worry about having some top male players around in a few years. They have surely got a great DC team shaping up too.

Jogy
05-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Good surprise of Chardy! :yeah:

richie21
05-30-2008, 10:02 PM
French tennis looks to have great prospects on the guys side. Don't think France has to worry about having some top male players around in a few years. They have surely got a great DC team shaping up too.

But no potential grand slam winner :o

Marine
05-31-2008, 12:08 AM
But no potential grand slam winner :o

I totally agree. Unfortunatly. :sad:
The french performances in RG are just good surprises. I don't think they will confirm after... I hope to be wrong of course, but it's always like that with the french players.

I keep thinking none of them is able to win a grand slam in the next years.

richie21
05-31-2008, 12:43 AM
The french performances in RG are just good surprises. I don't think they will confirm after... I hope to be wrong of course, but it's always like that with the french players.

All we can do is to hope that a certain french youngster will wake up.......but i think it's sadly too late now.:o

JimmyV
05-31-2008, 04:20 AM
Tsonga was two sets away from winning the Australian open.

Just sayin'.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-31-2008, 04:31 AM
Congrats to the French. Did not expect it.

Bibberz
05-31-2008, 04:48 AM
Apparently the last time a Frenchman even won a Masters Series tournament was back in 2001 (Grosjean at Paris). Yikes.

Kolya
05-31-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm surprised Serra hasn't done better on tour. He has a pretty solid clay court game.

Okonsky
05-31-2008, 07:11 PM
5 in last 16:

LLodra
Benneteau
PHM
Monfils
Chardy

Only Serra lost in 3rd.

Marine
05-31-2008, 07:21 PM
It's so incredible. Before the tournament, their chances to make something good were almost null.
It's so french, to be present when nobody believe in you.

elessar
05-31-2008, 07:23 PM
It's so incredible. Before the tournament, their chances to make something good were almost null.
It's so french, to be present when nobody believe in you.

yes and to never be there when people expect you to :p
It's especially funny considering we're, technically, missing the two best french players :spit:

Adler
05-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Even grandpa Santoro reached 2nd round. Well done Frenchmen

DrJules
05-31-2008, 07:31 PM
If you added grand slam ranking points this year I would not be surprised if France is the leading tennis nation.

Okonsky
05-31-2008, 07:33 PM
If you added grand slam ranking points this year I would not be surprised if France is the leading tennis nation.

Right.

DrJules
05-31-2008, 07:36 PM

France certainly is producing more top players than Switzerland and Serbia, but for some reason not grand slam winners.

richie21
05-31-2008, 07:49 PM
France certainly is producing more top players than Switzerland and Serbia, but for some reason not grand slam winners.

If only Gasquet had half of the combativity and desire to win that some of the less talented french players like Llodra,Benneteau,Monfils (and yes,even PHM!) have......:rolleyes:

Marine
05-31-2008, 07:53 PM
If only Gasquet had half of the combativity and desire to win that some of the less talented french players like Llodra,Benneteau,Monfils (and yes,even PHM!) had......:rolleyes:

ohh oui !!!!!

elessar
05-31-2008, 08:01 PM
At least PHM tries, he often fails but you can't fault his motivation.

m9m9m9m9m9
05-31-2008, 08:04 PM
well, consider their top 2 players are not even playing. It's quite an archievement :worship:

safinaferrero
05-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Still too many , seriously i'm tired of all of them i don't wanna be mean but most of them are arrogant(always a good excuse when they fail they complain about the chairumpire, the clay, the wind, the birds ...) plus on TV they only show them (in France) of course they are french but when u have a hewitt vs ferrer u don't show a monfils vs melzer :rolleyes: they are blinded by their jingoism, they aren't objective at all. Pathetic. Seriously pathetic...

safinaferrero
06-01-2008, 06:28 PM
2 players left now...

Aurora
06-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Still too many , seriously i'm tired of all of them i don't wanna be mean but most of them are arrogant(always a good excuse when they fail they complain about the chairumpire, the clay, the wind, the birds ...) plus on TV they only show them (in France) of course they are french but when u have a hewitt vs gonzalez u don't show a monfils vs melzer :rolleyes: they are blinded by their jingoism, they aren't objective at all. Pathetic. Seriously pathetic...
oh come on, that's quite understandable - can't think of a national broadcasting company (that can choose) that wouldn't do that!

safinaferrero
06-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Sorry it's understandable but at this point it's pathetic even applaud when their is a double fault!! :rolleyes: they are not commentators but cheerleaders.

HoistDaColors
06-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Still too many , seriously i'm tired of all of them i don't wanna be mean but most of them are arrogant(always a good excuse when they fail they complain about the chairumpire, the clay, the wind, the birds ...) plus on TV they only show them (in France) of course they are french but when u have a hewitt vs gonzalez u don't show a monfils vs melzer :rolleyes: they are blinded by their jingoism, they aren't objective at all. Pathetic. Seriously pathetic...

When did Hewitt play gonzalez? You mean Ferrer?

Unless your flag is deceiving me, why does it bother you that they show matches of French players in France? Whatever gripe you may have with the broadcasting, try to imagine living in the U.S. and having to sit through HOURS of the Williams sisters, Sharapova, Roddick, and Blake. Bias is in every country and not just France.

Maybe because I don't watch their post game interviews but I don't find French players to be arrogant on court. Probably Llodra a little but that's because he shows so much emotion on court.

safinaferrero
06-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh yeah sorry Ferrer :o i'm quite tired today :lol: i live in France btw.
I know i have to deal with it but it's annoying to see RG after RG the same routine boring match showed only because they are french, of course it will never changed but i have to find it a bit too much.

They are arrogant i can tell you, from what i've watched/heard/seen.

booa
06-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah sorry Ferrer :o i'm quite tired today :lol: i live in France btw.
I know i have to deal with it but it's annoying to see RG after RG the same routine boring match showed only because they are french, of course it will never changed but i have to find it a bit too much.

They are arrogant i can tell you, from what i've watched/heard/seen.

Oh please, you sound as objective as the French TV commentators :lol: :spit:

safinaferrero
06-01-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm completely objective and i'm not the only one to think the same but if u are pleased with the fact that i'm not it's not a problem for me ;) as i live in France and apparently you don't, living in this country give me more credit than you about the culture here .