Roger Federer is the real saviour of mens tennis. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger Federer is the real saviour of mens tennis.

TheSwissMaster
05-30-2008, 11:10 AM
hello hello Rafa=fedkilla , are u listening. this is specially for u.

i've seen u plenty of times mentioning that djoko and rafa have saved mens tennis
but my following fair analysis will prove who actually saved the mens tennis, what wouldve been the state of mens tennis without roger

if u go back when roddick won US open, there was a buzz around that america has found a new champ who will carry on where pete left, who will help to fill the gap left by petes retirement and carry america forward
just imagine if there was no roger, it would have become a reality and rod would have had atleast 6/7 slams and u know how. A serve only mug wouldve been the dominant force of mens tennis atleast for 2/3 years. oh God..

then comes nadal. he would have had 2 wimb titles. a moonballer, who doesnt know how to serve or return a serve, who only knows how to run and keep ball in play wouldve been 2 times wimb champ .he also wouldve been the no 1 player for atleast 3 yrs with so many limitations to his game.
wouldnt that have made a complete mockery of mens tennis.
my goodness me isnt it scary.

now who would u like to have dominate the mens tennis

1 roddick who only knows how to serve
2 rafa the moonballer, enough said about him

3 or the man with a complete game in the the history of tennis who can play on all surafces

the ans is clear.

im sure if there was no roger, all his critics here and everywhere wouldve wished that there was such a guy represented by option no 3 playing tennis.:sad:

the truth is there to see. open up your eyes and ur hearts, all the fedhaters, there is still time :)or u'll miss him when he will retire.:sad:

TheSwissMaster
05-30-2008, 11:11 AM
plz plz mods dont delete this thread. there is no negativity in this thread neither its meant to
bash any player. its just to put light on the state of mens tennis had there been no roger.

zcess81
05-30-2008, 11:15 AM

i've seen u plenty of times mentioning that djoko and rafa have saved mens tennis
but my following fair analysis will prove who actually saved the mens tennis, what wouldve been the state of mens tennis without roger

if u go back when roddick won US open, there was a buzz around that america has found a new champ who will carry on where pete left, who will help to fill the gap left by petes retirement and carry america forward
just imagine if there was no roger, it would have become a reality and rod would have had atleast 6/7 slams and u know how. A serve only mug wouldve been the dominant force of mens tennis atleast for 2/3 years. oh God..

then comes nadal. he would have had 2 wimb titles. a moonballer, who doesnt know how to serve or return a serve, who only knows how to run and keep ball in play wouldve been 2 times wimb champ .he also wouldve been the no 1 player for atleast 3 yrs with so many limitations to his game.

3 or the man with a complete game in the the history of tennis who can play on all surafces

the ans is clear.

im sure if there was no roger, all his critics here and everywhere wouldve wished that there was such a guy represented by option no 3 playing tennis.:sad:

the truth is there to see. open up your eyes and ur hearts, all the fedhaters, there is still time :)or u'll miss him when he will retire.:sad:

I don't want anyone to dominate like Fed has for the past 4 years, that's just BORING and the game becomes WAY TOO PREDICTABLE...I'd like to see changes in that no.1 spot. And for your information the savior of tennis is the one who brakes the current trend, which in this case is Roger dominating and winning all the time. Why would it be good for tennis if Roger is to dominate for another 4 years? That would be :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzzr

rafa_maniac
05-30-2008, 11:16 AM
:haha: :yeah:

HeretiC
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah, if Federer didn't exist tennis would have been a dead sport, no one would have been watching it nor playing it.;)

bokehlicious
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I don't want anyone to dominate like Fed has for the past 4 years, that's just BORING and the game becomes WAY TOO PREDICTABLE...I'd like to see changes in that no.1 spot. And for your information the savior of tennis is the one who brakes the current trend, which in this case is Roger dominating and winning all the time. Why would it be good for tennis if Roger is to dominate for another 4 years? That would be :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzzr

Looking forward to the day Nole dominates the way Fed did... I wonder if you'll call it "boring" :angel: :zzz:

groundstroke
05-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Everyone enjoys watching Federer because just like the football club Arsenal - he plays the game like it should be. No grunting, amazing strokes, intelligent, calm attitude and the ability to do the unexpected.

miura
05-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Everyone enjoys watching Federer because just like the football club Arsenal - he plays the game like it should be. No grunting, amazing strokes, intelligent, calm attitude and the ability to do the unexpected.
Too bad Arsenal doesn't dominate the european nor english soccer scene, but you've got a small point.

zcess81
05-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Looking forward to the day Nole dominates the way Fed did... I wonder if you'll call it "boring" :angel: :zzz:

That will never happen. But even if somehow it does happen I will like it cause I'm his fan and I'd like him to dominate, but it would be boring for average tennis fan and the sport itself would become predictable and boring like it has been for a while now. You have to look beyond Fed's, Nadal's or Novak's fans. The fans of those players won't find it boring (myself included) but most other people will and it's not good for the sport in general.

TheSwissMaster

my point was that if there were no roger, then 1st rod wouldve been the king of tennis and then rafa which wouldve made tennis more boring and a complete joke. atleast now the man dominating has got some game, infact a complete game, so indeed his presence saved tennis and us from all that:)

groundstroke
Too bad Arsenal doesn't dominate the european nor english soccer scene, but you've got a small point.
Oh don't get me started. As a massive Arsenal fan I'm really disappointed about what happened this year.

bokehlicious
05-30-2008, 11:26 AM
That will never happen.

:shrug: According to most Serbtards with his superior game he'll dominate the sport for the next ten years, that will be way more impressive than Fed's streak :shrug: :o

MariaV
05-30-2008, 11:27 AM
:shrug: According to most Serbtards with his superior game he'll dominate the sport for the next ten years, that will be way more impressive than Fed's streak :shrug: :o

zcess meant s/he won't call it boring then, not that Nole's domination for at least 15 years won't happen ;) :angel:

bokehlicious
05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
zcess meant s/he won't call it boring then, not that Nole's domination for at least 15 years won't happen ;) :angel:

Oh, my bad then :o I guess it's the old saying: "domination is boring unless it's your fave that dominates" :angel:

zcess81
05-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh, my bad then :o I guess it's the old saying: "domination is boring unless it's your fave that dominates" :angel:

My point was that it's not boring if you're the fan of that player but it will be boring for everyone else (neutrals and casual tennis fans).

HeretiC
05-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Every domination is boring over a long period of time, suspense plays a big role in attractiveness when watching any sport.

bokehlicious
05-30-2008, 11:43 AM
That will never happen. But even if somehow it does happen I will like it cause I'm his fan and I'd like him to dominate, but it would be boring for average tennis fan and the sport itself would become predictable and boring like it has been for a while now. You have to look beyond Fed's, Nadal's or Novak's fans. The fans of those players won't find it boring (myself included) but most other people will and it's not good for the sport in general.

I don't think so, I know plenty of tennis fans, people that don't have particular faves, that still enjoy that a versatile guy dominates the sport... It wouldn't be the same if an "all serve" (Roddick, Karlovic) or a "moonballer" (Nadal) were dominating :angel: :)

zcess81
05-30-2008, 11:43 AM
my point was that if there were no roger, then 1st rod wouldve been the king of tennis and then rafa which wouldve made tennis more boring and a complete joke. atleast now the man dominating has got some game, infact a complete game, so indeed his presence saved tennis and us from all that:)

No question that Fed has the most beautiful game and that he's the classiest player of this decade (at least) and he's brought a lot to the game, raised it to another level in fact. He might have saved the tennis when he became no.1 but his utter domination during 2006 especially was anything but interesting for average tennis viewer. Tennis like any other sport needs changes or it becomes stale and predictable.

Black Adam
05-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Tennis gained in excitment when Sampras was declining.

Basketball gained in excitement when Chicago bulls stopped winning everything.

Formula One gained in excitement and had a fresh start when Schumacher stopped dominating (Mind you I am a schumi fan)

What does that tell you about Domination in sports??????

You might enjoy him setting records but overall competition is better when there is no continuous domination. That's the reason we celebrate when anyone comes up with the tools to out do ballet tennis.

P.S if you have issues with R=FK do it via Private Messages.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-30-2008, 12:01 PM

the ans is clear.

Roddick and Nadal are worthy number ones. They put their heart and soul into matches. They actually care and have charisma.

Prancing around like Fed isnt mens tennis, it is some twisted version of ballet.

Competition is what makes a sport great. Fed must be destroyed to bring back competition and suspense to tennis.

Federer fans were the most arrogant clowns I had ever seen. Who are so twisted that they cant see their fav losing and feel the rest of the world is classless when they themselves show none.

Federer wears a coat to Wimby. This is a sport not a opera recital. What a twisted mind he must have.

His GF is Mirka the Hutt. Good image for tennis there.

Lack of charisma which has hurt the popularity of tennis. Sampras - Agassi era had excitement whiles Feds domination was slumber.

By all logic Rafa and Nole will save mens tennis from the ego king who pranced his way to victories.

The Light Shines On.

Bernard Black
05-30-2008, 12:10 PM

All good points, but why the dig at his girlfriend? I don't see what's wrong with her :confused: Better than having some bimbo in the box pretending she knows what tennis is.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-30-2008, 12:14 PM
All good points, but why the dig at his girlfriend? I don't see what's wrong with her :confused: Better than having some bimbo in the box pretending she knows what tennis is.

Lets see about Mirka

1) a person should keep themselves in shape (not supermodel just in shape), especially when you will be having a lot of exposure on tv (plus it is healthy for you)

2) she used to sit in the box laughing like a loon when Fed used to win easily and she wears an excessive amount of diamonds

3) why is she Feds manager. Fed should be a professional and hire a real manager and not have his gf do it like some high school kid.

I am happy to hear you agree with my other points.

TheSwissMaster
05-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Roddick and Nadal are worthy number ones. They put their heart and soul into matches. They actually care and have charisma.

so u mean roger isnt worthy no 1
secondly dont roger put his heart and soul in his matches and what
charisma they have, if u dont mind to explain.

the rest is rubbish:p

dam0dred
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
How can people claim Fed has no charisma? He is one of the most gracious, charming, and engaging personalities I have ever seen in *any* sport. We are lucky that he acts as tennis' premier ambassador. I suppose some people have a different definition of charisma. I prefer my champions to be gentlemen, sportsmen and to treat the game and his peers with respect. If you want to watch clowns trash talk and use gamesmanship and get into fights and just generally be all around dick heads, watch basketball.

Fed is the savior of tennis, no doubt. :)

moulux
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM

:worship:

TheSwissMaster
05-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Lets see about Mirka

1) a person should keep themselves in shape (not supermodel just in shape), especially when you will be having a lot of exposure on tv (plus it is healthy for you)

2) she used to sit in the box laughing like a loon when Fed used to win easily and she wears an excessive amount of diamonds

3) why is she Feds manager. Fed should be a professional and hire a real manager and not have his gf do it like some high school kid.

its her personal business. why do u care (or is she asking u for a date that u've got a problem). u should only care about tennis and tennis stars and not their privacy

Bernard Black
05-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Lets see about Mirka

Dude, you need to stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think ;)

As for Federer's domination, I've quite enjoyed it personally. He's exciting to watch, you can't deny that. He got me back on the court when my interest in playing had wained, watching the likes of Roddick blast through opponents with his serve or Nadal boring them into submission probably wouldn't have made me feel like having a game.

I can see why Federer isn't to everyone's taste though.

Black Adam
05-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Swiss Master answer my question :p

TheSwissMaster
05-30-2008, 12:36 PM

Formula One gained in excitement and had a fresh start when Schumacher stopped dominating (Mind you I am a schumi fan)

What does that tell you about Domination in sports??????

You might enjoy him setting records but overall competition is better when there is no continuous domination. That's the reason we celebrate when anyone comes up with the tools to out do ballet tennis.

P.S if you have issues with R=FK do it via Private Messages.

ok competition do makes things exciting but my point was that its better to have a genious dominating and see him creating history then to watch players dominating with limited games which wouldve happen if roger didnt exsisted as stated before. and im sure if there was no roger no pete, no agassi tennis wouldve been as boring as people call it now.

there is a thing called compensation, lack of competition here was balanced/compensated by the mastery/quality of rogers game that we witnessed during his domination

luhar333
05-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Lets see about Mirka

Absolutely pathetic post !!

Black Adam
05-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Wow! I am Speechless.

Anyways Iam glad to see that some people were actually enjoyin the domination of Ballet tennis. Point is he has entertained with his ballet tennis long enough and it's now time for a new era to begin (it has already begun with the rise of SPARTANS ;) )

Beforehand
05-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I can see how people might get tired of four years of domination to the degree of Federer, but I don't know what I would pick as a middle ground. I mean, the number of #1 players the WTA has had since I've started watching tennis in 2004 isn't necessarily a lot of people, but there was a patch where it was like "Sharapova, Mauresmo, Davenport, Sharapova, Henin...etc." (I'm not sure the actual sequence, but it felt like it was changing every few weeks.) I feel like that has made the #1 position in the women's game, save for when Henin was kind of dominating, a somewhat airy position. It makes it odd to see a #1 player and not think "They are the best player." And I guess that's not necessarily the point of the rankings, but to think "They're not the best player, but they've collected the most points in the last 52 weeks, but you just wait for 2 weeks when that big thing falls off, and then they haven't!" is, to me, a little bothersome.

EDIT: I make it sound like I mean to say "It's 4 years or 4 weeks! Pick your timeframe!" I totally agree that 4 years is crazy-long. I just haven't decided what would be a good "I'm convinced, now take a walk." time.

Also, I just realized that it doesn't necessarily bother me that #22 isn't always the 22nd best player, etc., but I guess that's not too problematic, given that #1 probably SHOULD be special.

Manon
05-30-2008, 12:58 PM
plz plz mods dont delete this thread.

You are too polite. I can't find any possible reason why would they do that.

There's nothing to add.

Very true but that's not the issue here.

You said it all. Btw, I'm a huge Arsenal (Robin van Persie) and Shumi fan too.

Every domination is boring over a long period of time, suspense plays a big role in attractiveness when watching any sport.

:yeah:

At the end all mentioned players have the charisma obiously. Otherwise they could't be what they are now. So, lets talk without a deep fight.

N.B. P.Antonius - make my day way better by giving me :hug:

MacTheKnife
05-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I could write a book on this thread, but will simply make one point that I truly believe. Any sport needs someone/team to dominate. It always seems to be good for the sport. Look at any sport, football with the Pats, boxing with Ali... It seems that people need someone to love or hate for a sport to really flourish.
Not really saying that's the way it should be, but it's been my observation in many sports that a dominate person or team is really good for the sport. Look at all the discussion on this board about loving or hating Fed. To me, it's when there's parity that sports really begin to get boring.

dabeast
05-30-2008, 01:54 PM

Prancing around like Fed isnt mens tennis, it is some twisted version of ballet.

Competition is what makes a sport great. Fed must be destroyed to bring back competition and suspense to tennis.

Federer fans were the most arrogant clowns I had ever seen. Who are so twisted that they cant see their fav losing and feel the rest of the world is classless when they themselves show none.

Federer wears a coat to Wimby. This is a sport not a opera recital. What a twisted mind he must have.

Lack of charisma which has hurt the popularity of tennis. Sampras - Agassi era had excitement whiles Feds domination was slumber.

By all logic Rafa and Nole will save mens tennis from the ego king who pranced his way to victories.

The Light Shines On.

Hmmm. I can see why you were banned for a a while. I would have made it permanent but o well...
It's cos of Federer and stuff about him that you actually have something to post, since judging from your endless griping, itsn't it ironic that the guy you dislike the most, you end up talking the most about??

Be grateful to Federer that you even have to something to talk about, in your case, <whine> cos the other guys, Djoker and Rafa, well, they're aren't exactly GOAT calibre now are they. So there wouldn't be all these expectations piled on them.

Manon
05-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Any sport needs someone/team to dominate. It always seems to be good for the sport.

it's been my observation in many sports that a dominate person or team is really good for the sport.

That's two diferent thigs.

1st quote - I strongly dissagree with you. Why would be good for the sport any sort og dominace? Maybe in basketball, soccker, etc..team. How come Shumi's, ManU's, Tiger's, Lewis's...dominance could be good for the sport? It is OK if there is dominance in one team but in whole *any* sport no.

2nd quote - Yes, dominante person makes team good.

Bazooka
05-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I give this thread 9/10

It really condensates an insane amount of retardness in only a few paragraphs, and uses such a complete wasteful basis for his absurd reasoning that makes you so confused for a moment as to not remember what the thread was about. Also the perfect lack of orthography, and the nice pitiful self-response begging not to be deleted.

Honestly, how many of you, even trying, could post anything half as beautiful?

FedFan
05-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Federer is the proof that one can combine sport and art. He is a role model for a big part of the public and most of his colleagues.

He is one of the most respected and beloved athlete, too much to accept for certain people.

Corey Feldman
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
with no Federer around a mug like Roddick would have won 3 Wimbledon titles

says it all really

that prospect almost gave me sleepless nights

Clay Death
05-30-2008, 03:16 PM
with no Federer around a mug like Roddick would have won 3 Wimbledon titles

says it all really

that prospect almost gave me sleepless nights

there you have it. spot on except for last year when Nadal would have won himself a Wimby title with no Fed around.

i think the real saviors of men`s tennis are Nadal and Djokovic.

Forehander
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I totally agree. federer quickened the speed for the game evolve. He totally raised the bar of the game. Everybody's trying to catch up to him in full paste. Sure, if there was no Federer, the tennis would still evolve into the game we see today. But I believe it'll take a longer period.

kafemotor
05-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Man, i don't mind who is #1 by the end of the years... i just can't take someone dominating it day by day, tour to tour. Close fight in every tournament is much more interesting. We need competition in the original sense... Quality tennis doesn't depend on domination... Quality is one thing, and domination is the other, even though both can go on side by side... Overall, quality that emerges from competition is a better way...

Beforehand
05-30-2008, 04:05 PM
That's two diferent thigs.

1st quote - I strongly dissagree with you. Why would be good for the sport any sort og dominace? Maybe in basketball, soccker, etc..team. How come Shumi's, ManU's, Tiger's, Lewis's...dominance could be good for the sport? It is OK if there is dominance in one team but in whole *any* sport no.

2nd quote - Yes, dominante person makes team good.

If you're disagreeing that Tiger Woods' domination has been good for golf...:help:

BigJohn
05-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the present era in men's tennis. To see Federer's amazing (and almost complete) mastery of the tour is just unbelievable, how lucky are we to witness that? I only heard of Laver, but I have seen Federer.

When he is completely dominating a lesser oponent, he manages to put in there some crazy shots that no one else could even attempt, even those matchs are interesting. And when he is completely dominated by Nadal on clay, it is just as intriguing. Each match, you wonder: "Is this finally gonna be the time?"

I do hope that he gets to beat Nadal in a French Open final. This year, I wish him to repeat in both Wimbledon and the US Open, then to get revenge at the Australian in 09.

What in the world is wrong with Federer anyway? He's got the most beautiful and complete game out there, he is a perfect ambassador for the sport, is respected by almost everybody in the game (saved for the new kid on the block)... Like many have said, he is the reason why everybody else on tour had to get better. If not a saviour, for sure the MVP of the last 4 years. I am gratefull that he is the one people are trying to emulate.

Another 4 years of the same would be a blessing for all.

arm
05-30-2008, 09:01 PM
:eek: I had no idea that men's tennis needed to be saved... :eek:

:shrug:

FedFan
05-30-2008, 09:14 PM

Then you may never have read or heard something of R=FK or Clay death? :shrug: Lucky man! ;)

arm
05-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Then you may never have read or heard something of R=FK or Clay death? :shrug: Lucky man! ;)

Correction: lucky woman. :p

:rolls:

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-31-2008, 03:16 AM
Wow! I am Speechless.

Anyways Iam glad to see that some people were actually enjoyin the domination of Ballet tennis. Point is he has entertained with his ballet tennis long enough and it's now time for a new era to begin (it has already begun with the rise of SPARTANS ;) )

Sparta is saving tennis. :D

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-31-2008, 03:17 AM
Hmmm. I can see why you were banned for a a while. I would have made it permanent but o well...
It's cos of Federer and stuff about him that you actually have something to post, since judging from your endless griping, itsn't it ironic that the guy you dislike the most, you end up talking the most about??

Be grateful to Federer that you even have to something to talk about, in your case, <whine> cos the other guys, Djoker and Rafa, well, they're aren't exactly GOAT calibre now are they. So there wouldn't be all these expectations piled on them.

Tennis was great in the 90s with suspense and drama. Era of lions where all players were great.

I am very grateful Nole and Rafa are playing tennis as they will bring back an era of lions.

P.S. It is you and the other Fed fans who call Nadal a steroid user and pig. Dont start crying because I fight back against your tyranny.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-31-2008, 03:20 AM
Dude, you need to stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think ;)

As for Federer's domination, I've quite enjoyed it personally. He's exciting to watch, you can't deny that. He got me back on the court when my interest in playing had wained, watching the likes of Roddick blast through opponents with his serve or Nadal boring them into submission probably wouldn't have made me feel like having a game.

I can see why Federer isn't to everyone's taste though.

Federer would make a great dancer or figure skater. But real sports are supposed to be tough and in your face. Federer is neither. Weak clowns should not win.

JimmyV
05-31-2008, 03:24 AM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4249/coldsz6.gif

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-31-2008, 03:29 AM

The Rock was much better than that drunk clown. :D

l_mac
05-31-2008, 03:32 AM
:haha:

prima donna
05-31-2008, 03:32 AM
Utter confusion:

I don't want anyone to dominate like Fed has for the past 4 years, that's just BORING and the game becomes WAY TOO PREDICTABLE

Looking forward to the day Nole dominates the way Fed did... I wonder if you'll call it "boring"

That will never happen. But even if somehow it does happen I will like it.

Fumus
05-31-2008, 04:14 AM
Roger is the real savior of mens tennis! He did everything. He transcended the sport with his electric personality and everyone watches tennis now. He's just what tennis needed, a player with a great modern game and flair everyone can identify with. It was just great when he was in tournaments in the years between 2004-2007 because you just knew he was going to win. It made me love tennis so much! Every tournament was so interesting with domination like that. Really suspenseful!

TheSwissMaster
05-31-2008, 04:48 AM
Tennis was great in the 90s with suspense and drama. Era of lions where all players were great.

I am very grateful Nole and Rafa are playing tennis as they will bring back an era of lions.

P.S. It is you and the other Fed fans who call Nadal a steroid user and pig. Dont start crying because I fight back against your tyranny.

so are u calling chang a lion??:lol::rolls:

TheSwissMaster
05-31-2008, 04:49 AM

now u heard it ;)

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-31-2008, 04:49 AM
Roger is the real savior of mens tennis! He did everything. He transcended the sport with his electric personality and everyone watches tennis now. He's just what tennis needed, a player with a great modern game and flair everyone can identify with. It was just great when he was in tournaments in the years between 2004-2007 because you just knew he was going to win. It made me love tennis so much! Every tournament was so interesting with domination like that. Really suspenseful!

Perfect use of sarcasm

opeth84
05-31-2008, 05:01 AM

And saved from what? :confused:

I happen to think it's great that the top players all have different games. You may not like a certain style of game but theres no such thing as an unworthy number 1 swissmaster if u can win enough points to get there then you deserve it. Roddick is no different.

Roger has not saved anything.. I loved tennis before Rogers time and i love it now. I love what he has brought to the game and is truly amazing to watch i don't think some people appreciate or realize we have one of the best ever playing in our generation.

But of course things come to an end and for me it's a really exciting time in tennis with Roger slowly coming back down to earth with 2 other players really hot on his heels for that number 1 spot.

It's hard to beleive some people enjoy tennis here with all this mug era talk. Ive watched tennis for over 15 years and i don't see the sport in any form of decline. Things have certainly changed yes. Some things for the better some not so much.

I think people become to fond of the past. There were no glory days.Players come and go. Stop living in the past and enjoy the game as it is today. If not then move on.

moon language
05-31-2008, 06:03 AM
Federer's run was great but like with Sampras people get bored of the same person on top for so long, and of course with Federer it was even worse because he was more dominant. A long run of dominance makes the sport look like a joke after a while.

Things are ten times more interesting now that Federer is no longer at his peak and isn't gauranteed to win everything.

TheSwissMaster
05-31-2008, 07:02 AM

did u just forget to take ur rabbies injections? :rolls:

TheSwissMaster
05-31-2008, 07:07 AM

And saved from what? :confused:

I happen to think it's great that the top players all have different games. You may not like a certain style of game but theres no such thing as an unworthy number 1 swissmaster if u can win enough points to get there then you deserve it. Roddick is no different.

Roger has not saved anything.. I loved tennis before Rogers time and i love it now. I love what he has brought to the game and is truly amazing to watch i don't think some people appreciate or realize we have one of the best ever playing in our generation.

But of course things come to an end and for me it's a really exciting time in tennis with Roger slowly coming back down to earth with 2 other players really hot on his heels for that number 1 spot.

It's hard to beleive some people enjoy tennis here with all this mug era talk. Ive watched tennis for over 15 years and i don't see the sport in any form of decline. Things have certainly changed yes. Some things for the better some not so much.

I think people become to fond of the past. There were no glory days.Players come and go. Stop living in the past and enjoy the game as it is today. If not then move on.

u are very right but it was just in response to someone who think fed destroyed tennis, so i came up with this fed being a saviour and not a destroyer thread

oh and i forgot 'Happy 300 Posts' :bdaycake:

Kuhne
05-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Well I don't expect everyone to be like me but I stoped watching tennis when Ivanisevic won wimbledon. he was my favorite player and when he won I couldnt have been happier. I used to watch some of it before that, with sampras. and before that I was too young so I watched it with my parents and shit.

I forgot the sport existed for years. until I saw Federer won his third wimbledon in a row, against Roddick. I started thinking "Mhh, tennis might actualy get interesting again" and then I become more hardcore, not missing any slam. staying up late watching every slam.. a lot of the ATP tourneys.. etc... so yes, for me, if Roger retired right now, I would probably stop watching. I would probably only see the slams, mainly wimbledon.

habibko
05-31-2008, 12:16 PM
I just can't understand the mechanics that involves someone hating Federer, I'm sure you would very much kill your entire neighborhood to be in his shoes for one day, and you call him a ballet dancer or weak clown?

I never resort to personal attacks so don't take this as an attack, and if other Rafa haters were saying disrespectful things like him being a pig or anything it speaks for their own misery, you shouldn't feel offended yourself and bash their player just for the hell of it, Roger Federer is a great personality and as others mentioned he transcended the sport and lifted it with him to new uber levels, and he deserves all the praise and respect he gets for all what he gave to Tennis and still represents to this very moment.

I can't ask for an ideal world but I wish people would be more respectful and admire successful people and thrive to be like them instead of pure envy and hatred.

kafemotor
05-31-2008, 01:46 PM
My interest to tennis begun more than 20 years ago. I played and watched it... Then came a time for me to pursue another more than tennis, but still I watched Grand Slam, particularly when Agassi and Pete met. Shortly after Pete era I know that Fed came to dominate the planet. He is bloody good and who can deny. But, frankly, my recent interest to watch the game is more bcz of the arrival of the young gunners or at least anybody able of challenging Fed domination...

I'm amazed with Fed, but it becomes more if he is tested by any even or better players ... That's why i love Nadal and Djoko. Both play great tennis too that make the competition way better. You may say Fed is the real savior of mens tennis (technically), but Nadal and Djoko are the real savior of mens tennis in relation to competition...

Black Adam
05-31-2008, 01:52 PM
I just can't understand the mechanics that involves someone hating Federer, I'm sure you would very much kill your entire neighborhood to be in his shoes for one day, and you call him a ballet dancer or weak clown?

I never resort to personal attacks so don't take this as an attack, and if other Rafa haters were saying disrespectful things like him being a pig or anything it speaks for their own misery, you shouldn't feel offended yourself and bash their player just for the hell of it, Roger Federer is a great personality and as others mentioned he transcended the sport and lifted it with him to new uber levels, and he deserves all the praise and respect he gets for all what he gave to Tennis and still represents to this very moment.

I can't ask for an ideal world but I wish people would be more respectful and admire successful people and thrive to be like them instead of pure envy and hatred.

No, that's for pathetic losers like you.You probably have dreams in which you are Federer, could you be more pathetic? I think the Fedtards are the ones who would want to be in his shoes and not us.
You should take a good look at yourself because that kind of fanboyism is very dangerous.

I don't like what he has done to the spirit of competition in the sport and thank god all the damage is being undone. Besides I am not at all envious of the guy, it just hurts to me to see him ruin the spirit of competition. But I am not going to worship him for pulling of fancy tricks the way you. I am just indifferent and am waiting patiently for him to leave the tennis platform.

Manon
05-31-2008, 02:05 PM
According to Telegraph.co.uk:

'As a result he (Novak Djokovic) has rapidly become a big star on YouTube, racking up about seven million hits for the online video archive in the past year. For the tennis authorities, who have been fretting about how they are to attract a younger audience and so secure the future of their sport, he is the answer to their prayers. Those who have bemoaned the lack of a truly charismatic tennis star since the retirement of Goran Ivanisevic can look forward to Djokovic arriving at the Artois Championships at the Queen's Club in west London in nine days' time, before moving on to Wimbledon where he has every intention of improving on last year's performance (he reached the semi-finals)'.

Link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/05/31/sm_novakdjokovic31.xml&page=1)

Sunset of Age
05-31-2008, 02:08 PM
^^ When I was in Hamburg, at a certain time, Djoko was playing Center Court, while Safin & Moyà were out on one of the smaller courts. Shall I just tell you for which match people were lining up in big, big rows, and for which match there was plenty of room to get in? ;)

So much for that giant 'charisma' of Djoko. :rolleyes:

Manon
05-31-2008, 02:37 PM
^^ When I was in Hamburg, at a certain time, Djoko was playing Center Court, while Safin & Moyà were out on one of the smaller courts. Shall I just tell you for which match people were lining up in big, big rows, and for which match there was plenty of room to get in? ;)

Hey, hey, I didn't say anything. I believe you. This is Telegraph article and I 'abused' him.

Don't beat me:angel:

arm
05-31-2008, 02:43 PM

Djokovic is my favourite player, no doubt about that.

And if I were in Hamburg, I would have been lining up in te big rows too. And guess what? It wouldn't have been because of the player's charisma. Be sure about that.

habibko
05-31-2008, 03:44 PM
No, that's for pathetic losers like you.You probably have dreams in which you are Federer, could you be more pathetic? I think the Fedtards are the ones who would want to be in his shoes and not us.
You should take a good look at yourself because that kind of fanboyism is very dangerous.

I don't like what he has done to the spirit of competition in the sport and thank god all the damage is being undone. Besides I am not at all envious of the guy, it just hurts to me to see him ruin the spirit of competition. But I am not going to worship him for pulling of fancy tricks the way you. I am just indifferent and am waiting patiently for him to leave the tennis platform.

ruin the spirit of competition by winning his matches? can you be more unreasonable? he drove other players insane to try to beat him, when they do they burst in joy as if they won slams, as I said I can never understand how you Fedhaters think but it's ok I guess.

and by the way, I'm proud to be a fan of him :)