Ginepri surprise of RG08 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ginepri surprise of RG08

dweijnen
05-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Robby:eek:, he can play at gravel, next round Hanescu or Serra thats possible to.
Maybe a quarter final for Robby:worship:

wilmar
05-30-2008, 01:02 PM
great! can see more of his hot bod and fab abs on court :D

Ivanatis
05-30-2008, 02:23 PM
way too early to say

guys like Llodra, Schwank, Chardy can turn into serious competition

ExcaliburII
05-30-2008, 02:24 PM
People underrate Ginepri on clay, he is definetely not bad. Dangerous player

osalsyst
05-30-2008, 02:50 PM
way too early to say

Why would Llodra contend? Sure if he made the semis or something that might be surprising but considering the way he's played this year, it's not very "out-there." Bolelli, Serra or Benneteau would be more like it.

Anyway, Ginepri's win over Andreev yesterday is my favorite result of the tournament. It was almost more surprising than Chardy's win over Nalby. Seeing the match and how well Robby played made me really happy. Definitely the surprise of the tournament for me!

WF4EVER
05-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Isn't Jose Higueras his part-time coach?

That was the first thing I thought when I saw how he was faring. Please correct me if I am mistaken about this.

Sunset of Age
05-30-2008, 04:23 PM

That was the first thing I thought when I saw how he was faring. Please correct me if I am mistaken about this.

Yes. Interesting, indeed. :D

Ivanatis
05-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Why would Llodra contend? Sure if he made the semis or something that might be surprising but considering the way he's played this year, it's not very "out-there." Bolelli, Serra or Benneteau would be more like it.

first of all there's a difference between surprise win of the tournament and surprise of the tournament; Ginepri is definitely in the category of biggest surprise win

however, Ginepri is for sure in the category "surprise of the tournament" if he gets to the QF maybe, but he's for sure not the only choice

apart from "this year" you mention is more than 3 months ago, Llodra had really nothing convincing afterwards (well, maybe nothing but a surprise win against a Canas who is far away from his best right now)

on the other hand Ginepri had three really good clay court matches the week directly before RG which makes this run not that surprising and unique

Fee
05-30-2008, 05:33 PM

Actually, Jose is his full time coach and they've been working together since last year. He is sharing Jose with Federer right now, it's like coach polygamy.

Kodjo
05-30-2008, 05:44 PM
way too early to say

If Chardy makes 4R by beating Tursunov it is more surprising than anything Ginepri could do

this is assuming he has no chance against Wawrinka in 4R

*Viva Chile*
05-30-2008, 05:49 PM
If Chardy makes 4R by beating Tursunov it is more surprising than anything Ginepri could do

this is assuming he has no chance against Wawrinka in 4R

So you're assuming that Wawrinka will beat Gonzalez??? :rolleyes:

Or Levy
05-30-2008, 05:55 PM
well, I hope SOMEONE beats him, preferably Stan (though I think Roger owes Gonzo a revange match, no?) because otherwise, poor Jose. What would he do?

Kodjo
05-30-2008, 06:08 PM
So you're assuming that Wawrinka will beat Gonzalez??? :rolleyes:

unfortunately yes:sad:

Tom Paulman
05-30-2008, 06:50 PM
2 more wins and he can take out Federer :)

m9m9m9m9m9
05-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Ginepri, once again is the last American standing in RG.
This proves that he is the best American clay courter besides Roddick.