Matias Boeker why he never met it [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Matias Boeker why he never met it

brymichig
05-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Matias Boeker was the best NCAA champions of all-time. He was a shot maker and super talent. I still cant figure out why he never broke through. I heard he retired. can this be true?

rocketassist
05-30-2008, 01:48 AM
I recall him playing some ATP matches, forgotten where.

Caralimon
05-30-2008, 02:02 AM
I remember he was argentinian, he travelled to Georgia University (i think) with his brother, if I remember correctly they did well in doubles.

He hasn't played in a couple of seasons so he's probably retired. But with an american university (not idea Georgia's reputation but well) degree I'd do that as well.

azza
05-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Never heard of him = failed.

Clara Bow
05-30-2008, 03:05 AM
I remember he was argentinian, he travelled to Georgia University (i think) with his brother, if I remember correctly they did well in doubles.

He hasn't played in a couple of seasons so he's probably retired. But with an american university (not idea Georgia's reputation but well) degree I'd do that as well.

University of Georgia is a state school but one that can have fairly high admissions standards for its state. It is not great- but it is not bad. It is no Virginia, Michigan, Texas, UNC etc. but it does have some strong departments that are highly ranked.

I actually went to Georgia (from out of state as it was actually better than my state school of University of South Carolina) and there were a number of folks there who were in the top ten percent of their class.

NyGeL
05-30-2008, 05:01 AM
He played the USOpen once or twice. He was number 1 at college.