RG R2 : Ancic def. Marrero 46 60 63 62 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R2 : Ancic def. Marrero 46 60 63 62

maxxo
05-29-2008, 04:59 PM
hope he gives fed a good fight

Sunset of Age
05-29-2008, 05:08 PM
That can indeed be an interesting match against Fed. I'm looking forward to it.

celcius
05-29-2008, 05:09 PM
good luck against Fed

jonny84
05-29-2008, 05:09 PM
:bigclap: to Mario.

The match against Federer should be a good one I think.

asma jaouadi
05-29-2008, 06:03 PM
:bigclap:GOOD my mario :yeah:
good luck against fed you'r the BEST ;):D

Adler
05-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Marrero had 3 consecutive BPs in the 3rd set, then it was all Ancic

LleytonMonfils
05-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Ancic is back. One of the more intriguing 3rd round matchups against Federer. Could be the bracket buster of the tournament.

Alex999
05-29-2008, 06:15 PM
It's good to see Mario playing well again. The only problem is, he won't stand a chance against Roger.

Manon
05-29-2008, 06:34 PM
It's good to see Mario playing well again. The only problem is, he won't stand a chance against Roger.

Unfortunately. Draw is 'against' him. But, it might be good match but I doubt it.

fanancic
05-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Congrats mario! Good luck againt Federer! Just do your best!

RIboy
05-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Ancic- Federer repeat of 2006 QF......Mario lost that match 6-4 6-3 6-4 but he was break up and 0:40 on Federer serve in second set....then Federer play some incredible shots and that was too much for tired Mario (played long match against Robredo in fourth round)

i'm looking forward to this match, Mario could cause some problems to Roger for sure

Deathless Mortal
05-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Confident win after a poor first set.
The match against Federer should be interesting, but I think Fed will win in 3 tight or 4 sets.
Ajmo :rocker2:

Acer
05-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Strong comeback from Mario :smoke:

RIboy
05-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Roger about Mario:

Q. What about the next one next Mario?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, tough opponent. He's got a good name, you know, to it, and he's got a big game, as well. Should be exciting. I've played him here in the past when he was a little bit tired after, you know, a brutal match with Robredo like two days before. He couldn't really recover maybe 100% percent for my match, which was an advantage for me, obviously.

I expect a fresh Mario, really, playing against me. He's been playing okay again. He's on the comeback trail, which I'm happy about. He's a good friend of mine on tour. Should be a nice match.

Machiavelli
05-29-2008, 10:20 PM
A bad first set from SuperMario, but he found some rythm after that...

Hope he can pull out his best against Roger, I can not wait to see that match.........

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Crane kick to Feds face Karate Kid.

You are the best around, nothings gonna ever keep you down. :D

maxxo
05-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Roger about Mario:

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, tough opponent. He's got a good name, you know, to it, and he's got a big game, as well. Should be exciting. I've played him here in the past when he was a little bit tired after, you know, a brutal match with Robredo like two days before. He couldn't really recover maybe 100% percent for my match, which was an advantage for me, obviously.

I expect a fresh Mario, really, playing against me. He's been playing okay again. He's on the comeback trail, which I'm happy about. He's a good friend of mine on tour. Should be a nice match.

what a match that was. at one moment mario vomited on the court, wiped himself and hit an ace right after that. epic

Deathless Mortal
05-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Roger about Mario:

Really nice what Roger said. I remember when Mario got mono, Roger was the first one to call and ask how he's doing. And a few months after Roger got mono :o :p

what a match that was. at one moment mario vomited on the court, wiped himself and hit an ace right after that. epic

He did vomit, but not like he was sick, a fly or something got into his throat. It was a great match, really exciting, one of the best matches he played that I saw.