Nadal Hits Out At Scheduling, Novak (already in Round 3) Doesn't See A Problem [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal Hits Out At Scheduling, Novak (already in Round 3) Doesn't See A Problem

l_mac
05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Nadal grumbles about Roland Garros scheduling

By Pritha Sarkar Reuters 28/05/2008

PARIS (Reuters) - Three-times champion Rafael Nadal criticised French Open organisers on Wednesday for the bizarre scheduling of this year's rain-hit tournament which has left him playing catch-up with rivals in his side of the draw.

The second seed should have been contesting his last 64 match on Wednesday but instead only managed to complete his first-round contest after showers dogged the tournament during its first three days.

He had initially been slotted in to play the third match on Centre Court on Monday against Brazilian qualifier Thomaz Bellucci but never managed to hit a ball.

On Tuesday, his luck did not improve as he only fitted in two games before rain again aborted play for the day.

"I had to wait for two days in the locker room. The cancellation came at 8:00 in the evening, so I had to wait the entire day doing almost nothing," said Nadal, who faces the prospect of playing four days running because of the backlog.

"These were two difficult days, because as time goes by you get more nervous and you can't practise, so I probably lost the rhythm I had acquired before this tournament."

Nadal was particularly upset that Tommy Robredo's clash against Guillermo Coria, who were in the other half of the draw and would not have expected to play their second-round match before Thursday at the earliest, had been scheduled before his match on Monday on Philippe Chatrier Court.

With showers forecast for the day, Robredo managed to book his place in the second round as scheduled, while Nadal never managed to get a glimpse of his opponent across the net.

To add to Nadal's frustration, his second-round opponent Nicolas Devilder made it through on Monday which means the Frenchman would have enjoyed a two-day rest before taking on the champion.

"I would have preferred it if the schedule had been maintained," said Nadal.

"I don't think it's quite natural that Robredo and Coria, should have played before me on Monday. That doesn't make sense and it's not logical. It's not a good thing... because they knew about the weather forecast."

Nadal's possible semi-final opponent, Australian Open champion and third seed Novak Djokovic, defended organisers' decision.

"As organisers, they have to at least try to give people who pay tickets some tennis," said the Serbian, who unlike Nadal is on schedule with his matches and has already reached the third round.

"Yesterday was terrible. It was all day raining and stopping and people were just hanging around all day. They didn't see any of the tennis.

"On the other hand, of course, in the case of the players, it may be a little bit rough to keep them waiting all day and then just let them play two games.

"This is a bit rough but I don't think they did it on purpose."

(Editing by Miles Evans)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080528/ten-uk-tennis-open-nadal-complaints-956f66c.html

Quite right Rafa. :worship: He's getting really good at complaining :worship:

Novak :tape: :tape:

Twat.

Roland9
05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Duh Novak, of course they don't make players wait in the locker room all day "on purpose". The organizers obviously can't do anything about the rain... Well, maybe a roof would help or some lights for night-matches but that's that.

As for Rafa, he's completely right.

amierin
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
He's right. As for Djerkovic...

Jaap
05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Shouldn't complain, more time to juice himself up.

MaryX
05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Rafa is right.And yes, they had the weather report.But, it won't hurt Nadal.Trust me ;)

Johnny Groove
05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
No reason for Nadal to complain, hes not going to lose anyway

l_mac
05-28-2008, 09:57 PM

What difference does it make if he wins or loses? :confused:

tangerine_dream
05-28-2008, 09:58 PM
It's soooooo obvious the French officials are doing everything they can to prevent ogre Rafa from winning his fourth French title (unlike the USO officials who went out of their way to ensure that Roger would win his fourth title). Totally rigged. :mad:

Johnny Groove
05-28-2008, 10:00 PM
What difference does it make if he wins or loses? :confused:

He is complaining about Devilder getting a 2 day rest :rolleyes:

As if he would have been any threat to him.

If he is going to complain about the schedule, only complain when it would adversely affect the outcome of a match :shrug:

Herdwick
05-28-2008, 10:00 PM
That reads to me as Nole just trying to see both points of view and acknowledging the difficulties on both sides - what exactly is the problem?

l_mac
05-28-2008, 10:02 PM

If he is going to complain about the schedule, only complain when it would adversely affect the outcome of a match :shrug:

That's a ridiculous attitude, Blaze. His real complaint is about the top half matches being scheduled before him, which is a valid point :shrug:

Fee
05-28-2008, 10:04 PM
He's half right. They are scheduling Rafa to maximise their ticket sales, but they absolutely should not have been scheduled second round matches until after all the first round matches had been played once the rain delays began screwing with the schedule. They probably should have moved a few of those women's matches around too, since they can usually finish their first round matches faster, even on clay (although there have been a few more competitive early matches on the women's side than I was expecting).

Johnny Groove
05-28-2008, 10:07 PM
That's a ridiculous attitude, Blaze. His real complaint is about the top half matches being scheduled before him, which is a valid point :shrug:

I think he is right and wrong.

He is right to complain that the matches in the top half are being completed before his as well as starting round 2 before all matches are done, i understand and agree with that.

I disagree with him in that it is really not as big a deal as he seems to make it out to be. As if Devilder will have an advantage over him because he had 2 days rest

sawan66278
05-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Rafa has clearly valid points...and I'm glad he's not simply sitting back idly by. This is the only way things change.

ON THE OTHER HAND, these complaints fall in line with his running complaints levied against the ATP tour about the clay court schedule. I hope he is able to concentrate, play...and move on...but this clay court season has been almost completely joyless. Are these the signs of burnout?:sad:

As far as hurting Rafa's chances on purpose to aid Federer, no real proof...but simply more evidence that the tourney directors don't give a damn about anyone but their pocketbooks.:mad:

l_mac
05-28-2008, 10:12 PM
I disagree with him in that it is really not as big a deal as he seems to make it out to be. As if Devilder will have an advantage over him because he had 2 days rest

But he does have an advantage. It is unlikely he will be able to make it pay off for himself, but he does still have it.

FrenchLouise
05-28-2008, 10:14 PM
It's soooooo obvious the French officials are doing everything they can to prevent ogre Rafa from winning his fourth French title (unlike the USO officials who went out of their way to ensure that Roger would win his fourth title). Totally rigged. :mad:

Why would they do that?

l_mac
05-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Rafa has clearly valid points...and I'm glad he's not simply sitting back idly by. This is the only way things change.

ON THE OTHER HAND, these complaints fall in line with his running complaints levied against the ATP tour about the clay court schedule. I hope he is able to concentrate, play...and move on...but this clay court season has been almost completely joyless. Are these the signs of burnout?:sad:

He said in a recent interview that he is still happiest when he is playing tennis. :shrug:

Maybe he is a more forceful person than previously thought. Over the last year he has certainly been more than willing to fight his own corner.

rafa the best
05-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Rafa isn't complaining, he just described how he felt while he was waiting , he also writes about it in his blog and Q&A.

He should be angry at this stupid scheduling. Djokovic is pleased couse everything is going in his favour, not to mention his easy draw.

nobama
05-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Why would they do that?They wouldn't. She's just on a fishing expedition and looking for some bait.

nobama
05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
What was the reason for scheduling Robredo/Coria on PC anyway?

MIMIC
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
If Nadal loses early, I hope no one is foolish enough to blame it on the rain.

l_mac
05-28-2008, 10:51 PM

No clue, but that is the match that stood out for me in a WTF? scheduling way.

tangerine_dream
05-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Why would they do that?
I was being facetious.

l_mac
05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
I was being facetious.

Were you? :awww: I thought you had a point :cool:

scoobs
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
I think he has a point, to a certain extent, though part of me thinks tough deal with it. He's right, I suppose, to protest that it's not fair to assume he's superman and can handle the extra waiting around and scheduling difficulties - I dare say it's fair enough to ask he be treated so that he gets an equal chance to progress through the draw compared to other players and not be forever under pressure to catch up.

If tomorrow's another bad day then the problem is exacerbated further and unless this resolves itself soon, he'll have grounds to complain that his potential SF opponent is maintaining a round ahead of him.

tangerine_dream
05-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Were you? :awww: I thought you had a point :cool:
There's a little bit of truth in everything. :cool:

MrChopin
05-28-2008, 11:20 PM
The same thing happened last year at Wimbledon, womens' matches always starting first; the WTA is catered to way too much. Fast surfaces are arguable as the womens' final is first, but at RG, the men can easily play 3+ hours per match. Rafa waited 2(?) days for early womens' matches. Federer played on Lenglen while Venus Williams took Chatrier. Both Rafa and Fed have to wait through two women's matches to get on tomorrow, and Nadal gets bumped to Lenglen in order for Williams, Mauresmo, Ferrer-Santoro to play on Chatrier. Djokovic is a moron whose opinion merits no attention.

Despite all this, Rafa is coming off a little selfish here. Didn't he ask for and receive a later start date? Then he complains about the order of start times for the day he was granted?

jayjay
05-28-2008, 11:20 PM

What an extraordinary thing to say.

So Nadal should only point these things out after he loses as excuses, instead of point them out ahead of time so these inconsistencies don't occur again?

Maybe Nadal should just play all 7 of his GS matches on the same day? Afterall, he will win them anyway, so what's the big deal, right? :lol:

You'd think a Nadal fan as yourself would actually recognise the situation for what it is.

star
05-28-2008, 11:21 PM

Twat.

Well, I agree with Djokovic. I don't think the organizers did it on purpose, but I've been scratching my head for three days trying to figure out the rationale or the method used in scheduling matches. It's kind of giving me a headache.

jayjay
05-28-2008, 11:22 PM

Coria's still got some magic, that's why.

l_mac
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Despite all this, Rafa is coming off a little selfish here. Didn't he ask for and receive a later start date? Then he complains about the order of start times for the day he was granted?

I think he asked not to play on Sunday.

His problem is with the scheduling of the top half (who were due to play a day later) before the bottom half had been played, considering that the weather forecast was grim.

RedFury
05-28-2008, 11:36 PM

Hardly the point, is it? He's rightly complaining about the absurd scheduling which places players matches in the second round prior to others who are still in the first round. Not thinking involved as who benefits.

Trust that bit of irrefutable logic helps you comprehend Nadal's Aristotle-like musings.

MrChopin
05-28-2008, 11:38 PM
I think he asked not to play on Sunday.

His problem is with the scheduling of the top half (who were due to play a day later) before the bottom half had been played, considering that the weather forecast was grim.

So the bottom half started Sunday, he should have played on Monday (after his request) with the top half of the draw? And instead of that, he got bumped to Tuesday and then Wednesday as some top round matches were scheduled before him (and the rain)?

If that's the case, his complaints sound pretty legitimate. Still though, he's playing his R2 on the same day as others in the top half, so he's not that far behind. He's at a disadvantage with respect to the bottom half, but right now, it's only one day (and he asked for the extra day)? Meh, Six and one-half dozen Rafa.

star
05-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I think he is right and wrong.

He is right to complain that the matches in the top half are being completed before his as well as starting round 2 before all matches are done, i understand and agree with that.

That's not really the point. Nadal is looking ahead and has some worry about his schedule stacking up, and rightfully so.

I think it's good to make his displeasure known. Others in his position would do the same.

pesto
05-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't think the scheduling was too stupid.

All the courts had a mixture of men's and women's first round matches on first, followed by as many second round matches as they could fit in.

They can't predict which matches will be over in straights and which will go on for 5 sets, so of course a few of the second round matches will be on before all the first round matches are through.

Net result is that they have completed R1 and made a good start on R2 in both draws, despite adverse weather.

l_mac
05-28-2008, 11:45 PM
So the bottom half started Sunday, he should have played on Monday (after his request) with the top half of the draw? And instead of that, he got bumped to Tuesday and then Wednesday as some top round matches were scheduled before him (and the rain)?

If that's the case, his complaints sound pretty legitimate. Still though, he's playing his R2 on the same day as others in the top half, so he's not that far behind. He's at a disadvantage with respect to the bottom half, but right now, it's only one day (and he asked for the extra day)? Meh, Six and one-half dozen Rafa.

The bottom half of the draw was due to play over Sunday and Monday. The top half over Monday and Tuesday. Then 2nd round for bottom half was meant to play Wednesday, and top half Thursday. Knowing the likliehood of rain, it would have made more sense to schedule the remaining bottom half matches before the top half matches.

Rafa's 3rd round should be played on Friday. That would mean already 3 straight days of matches. And not just for him, there are many players in the bottom half of the draw in the same situation.

zadle69
05-28-2008, 11:47 PM
there are times to speak up and there are times to be quiet. I think tennis really needs someone who can balance out the players and the powers that be. There is too much complaining and outspokeness that needs to be address. I think it is good but it is also showing how tennis is having problems inside IMO

l_mac
05-28-2008, 11:54 PM
there are times to speak up and there are times to be quiet. I think tennis really needs someone who can balance out the players and the powers that be. There is too much complaining and outspokeness that needs to be address. I think it is good but it is also showing how tennis is having problems inside IMO

Better if they all sat up and shut up, for sure.

zadle, you confuse me. Always posting in Rafa forum, enquiring after him etc. And yet I sense that your opinion of him is not good :sad:

GlennMirnyi
05-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Nadal's complaining? Has he already learnt how to articulate a complaint in English? Okay, nevermind, at least he's not a cheater, a faker and an arrogant prick.

Fee
05-28-2008, 11:59 PM
a cheater, a faker and an arrogant prick.

Do you have a macro that automatically adds that to all of your posts or do you actually have to type it out every time?

Nadal was originally scheduled to play on Monday, the same day as Fed and Djokovic. He got screwed in the rescheduling after the rain delay, and they should have put his match on BEFORE the women yesterday, not after. That was stupid.

GlennMirnyi
05-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Do you have a macro that automatically adds that to all of your posts or do you actually have to type it out every time?

Nadal was originally scheduled to play on Monday, the same day as Fed and Djokovic. He got screwed in the rescheduling after the rain delay, and they should have put his match on BEFORE Nole today, not after. That was stupid.

That's Fakervic, not Nadal.

You could say Nadal has the "right" to complain, but he should just man up and face the fact that rain happens. He could use his money won on moonballing through tournaments and build a roof over RG's Philippe Chatrier court.

zadle69
05-29-2008, 12:01 AM
from yahoo sport today

Nadal, Sharapova and other players around the grounds complained about the way loose particles got in their faces and left courts barer than usual

zadle69
05-29-2008, 12:03 AM
i wonder how much complaining they would do if their careers were over and they were at home dealing with every day things like regular people have to deal with

RedFury
05-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Nadal's complaining? Has he already learnt how to articulate a complaint in English? Okay, nevermind, at least he's not a cheater, a faker and an arrogant prick.

Yeah, he has. Too bad you still can't 'articulate' anything but hatred from your inarticulate keyboard.

Time to buy a new one? Or, better yet, a brain.

PS-That's your food for the day.

l_mac
05-29-2008, 12:05 AM
i wonder how much complaining they would do if their careers was over and they were at home dealing with every day things like regular people have to deal withThat keeps me up most nights, zadle.

Bernard Black
05-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Nadal is right. However expecting common sense to prevail in such situations is asking for too much.

zadle69
05-29-2008, 12:07 AM
it should not but i am just making a point.

GlennMirnyi
05-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah, he has. Too bad you still can't articulate anything but hatred from your keyboard.

Time to buy a new one? Or a brain.

You could buy a 14 year-old to post all that fangirlism and bullshit you post - it would look just the same.

scarecrows
05-29-2008, 12:08 AM
it should not but i am just making a point.

and a good one I must add

nobama
05-29-2008, 12:09 AM
The bottom half of the draw was due to play over Sunday and Monday. The top half over Monday and Tuesday. Then 2nd round for bottom half was meant to play Wednesday, and top half Thursday. Knowing the likliehood of rain, it would have made more sense to schedule the remaining bottom half matches before the top half matches.

Rafa's 3rd round should be played on Friday. That would mean already 3 straight days of matches. And not just for him, there are many players in the bottom half of the draw in the same situation.On Tuesday 5 mens matches were completed and I believe they were all from the top half of the draw. Surely that made no sense. Obviously you can't stick someone like Nadal on any court but maybe they could have moved his match to 1st up on SL (although fans with tickets for PC would've been pissed) and made sure all other bottom half R1 matches left to play were first up?

zadle69
05-29-2008, 12:09 AM
ps l mac or anyone how do you put videos in your post. i was just wondering and do you have to be a member to do that

scoobs
05-29-2008, 12:11 AM
I think the main thing is to ensure Nadal is able to get his second round out of the way and then he and Djokovic play their 3rd round on the same day so they are back at parity in their progress through the event, rather than maintaining the advantage for Novak by scheduling Novak's 3rd round on the day they schedule Rafa's second round.

l_mac
05-29-2008, 12:15 AM
ps l mac or anyone how do you put videos in your post. i was just wondering and do you have to be a member to do that

you are a member zadle do you mean how do you put it in your signature? you have to be a premium member.

but you can put youtube clips in posts with [youtube](number after v=) [ /youtube]

zadle69
05-29-2008, 12:19 AM
thank you lmac i will try that again and see i was trying to do that

Fee
05-29-2008, 12:22 AM
That's Fakervic, not Nadal.

You could say Nadal has the "right" to complain, but he should just man up and face the fact that rain happens. He could use his money won on moonballing through tournaments and build a roof over RG's Philippe Chatrier court.

I know who that quote refers to and it amuses me endlessly that you seem to work it into every post. :)

Drat, you quoted my post before I fixed it.

MusicMyst
05-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Right or wrong, Rafa would be well-advised to limit his complaining because if he doesn't, nobody will be listening and he'll just be labeled a whiner who's never happy.

GlennMirnyi
05-29-2008, 12:24 AM
I know who that quote refers to and it amuses me endlessly that you seem to work it into every post. :)

Drat, you quoted my post before I fixed it.

It's not like I'm posting that much in GM lately anyway. ;)

zadle69
05-29-2008, 12:24 AM
i think the pressure is starting to get to someone in my opinion. the frustration is really showing in my opinion. but everything cant happen. weather is something that there is no control over. now scheduling well but things happen and they have to be fair to all the players not just a few. also they should remember how the men tours every tournament played the best of 5 set without any byes not best of 3 set like the wta tour.

Merton
05-29-2008, 12:26 AM
The optimal way to schedule matches when there is rain forecast is obviously to put men's matches first on all courts. The dirty secret is that RG officials are (correctly imo) concerned that if they did that, nobody would care for the subsequent women's matches, resulting in empty stands.

l_mac
05-29-2008, 12:28 AM
i think the pressure is starting to get to someone in my opinion. the frustration is really showing in my opinion. but everything cant happen. weather is something that there is no control over. now scheduling well but things happen and they have to be fair to all the players not just a few.

Who are you talking about? :mad:

RedFury
05-29-2008, 12:30 AM
You could buy a 14 year-old to post all that fangirlism and bullshit you post - it would look just the same.

Great response. I think I'll print it and use it for TP.

Gracias.

Matt01
05-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I again applaud Rafa for speaking out on those terrible injustices :yeah:

MrChopin
05-29-2008, 12:31 AM

Rafa's 3rd round should be played on Friday. That would mean already 3 straight days of matches. And not just for him, there are many players in the bottom half of the draw in the same situation.

Then Rafa is justified in complaining, though this kind of complaining kind of puts him at odds with other players (whereas his previous complaints against the packed clay schedule were more as a players' advocate position).

As far as hurting Rafa's chances on purpose to aid Federer, no real proof...but simply more evidence that the tourney directors don't give a damn about anyone but their pocketbooks.:mad:

Everyone that plays tired Rafa instead of rested Rafa benefits. Djokovic didn't seem displeased in that interview.

zadle69
05-29-2008, 12:56 AM
i agree with someone that said someone should be careful about all the complaining. it was with devilles, munoz and now this. in this world, everything is not going to be fair and just. have to be careful that it does not come back to you. it can come back to haunt you in a bad way. just an opinion

Fee
05-29-2008, 01:24 AM
It's not like I'm posting that much in GM lately anyway. ;)

What, are you trying to 'behave'? ;)

camnation
05-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Regarding Novak's statement... to me, it just sounds like they're trying to force an opinion from Novak on an issue he doesn't really have much of an opinion on. Hence his "on one hand... on the other hand" response.

kafemotor
05-29-2008, 02:07 AM

No... It's just the case. The broader purpose is to get better match organizing and fair competition. If he let thing like this happens in front of his very eyes, it would be a humiliation to sound common sense... Nadal takes a step further. Complaining proportionally. If he can do it more in favor to better tennis, he will be a sportsman in his own.

For Djoko, he doesn't need to comment too much about advantages he gain so far. It'll be wiser for him :)

Clay Death
05-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Duh Novak, of course they don't make players wait in the locker room all day "on purpose". The organizers obviously can't do anything about the rain... Well, maybe a roof would help or some lights for night-matches but that's that.

As for Rafa, he's completely right.

he is beyond right. this is injustice. 3 time defending champ deserves better treatment.

i have said this before. both french and wimby officials are out to get him. they are nothing more that pathetic old bastards.

Johnny Groove
05-29-2008, 02:18 AM
No... It's just the case. The broader purpose is to get better match organizing and fair competition. If he let thing like this happens in front of his very eyes, it would be a humiliation to sound common sense... Nadal takes a step further. Complaining proportionally. If he can do it more in favor to better tennis, he will be a sportsman in his own.

For Djoko, he doesn't need to comment too much about advantages he gain so far. It'll be wiser for him :)

Djokovic's quotes are even more pathetic :retard:

I'm sure if he was in Nadal's position, Srdjan would attack the TD :rolleyes:

leng jai
05-29-2008, 02:43 AM
The pig has a point.

Fakervic just being his usual :retard: self.

gulzhan
05-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Regarding Novak's statement... to me, it just sounds like they're trying to force an opinion from Novak on an issue he doesn't really have much of an opinion on. Hence his "on one hand... on the other hand" response.

why couldn't he just admit then that he got lucky and nadal did not :shrug:

clearly it did look odd that they had djoko and fed play much earlier than nadal when knowing the broadcast....

knightsky
05-29-2008, 03:27 AM

Twat.

There's no use complaining to the organisers. Nadal should step his level up another notch and take the complaint to Mother Nature. Then maybe he has a shot at being the Greatest Complainer Of All Time.

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-29-2008, 03:28 AM
nadal is right this is unfair ..

camnation
05-29-2008, 03:32 AM
why couldn't he just admit then that he got lucky and nadal did not :shrug:
If you mean that Novak got lucky with the weather, it's not like he denied it... but sure, he should admit it... or something...
clearly it did look odd that they had djoko and fed play much earlier than nadal when knowing the broadcast (forecast?)....
Didn't Rafa request a later start (at least that's what I read somewhere on MTF so it can't be trusted as fact :angel:)?

Regardless, weather is just something we have to accept. Blame can't really be assessed for Mother Nature's consequences.

wilmar
05-29-2008, 03:48 AM
it's really unfortunate for Nadal about his double postponement. The crux of the complaint though should be focused on the scheduling, which really reveals that ticket sales is what the organisers are about. And this is something the organisers have control over.

Besides the coria-robredo/top-half-bottom-half first day issues that nadal and fellow posters have mentioned, yesterday's scheduling was just as insanely illogical. Novak's second round match (and I'm sure a few more) being played BEFORE the remaining first round matches?!?!?!? Makes no sense!

Life is unfair competition unfair etc...true...but the least organisers can do is make the playing field more equal.

rofe
05-29-2008, 04:48 AM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Music/violin-011.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Music/violin-011.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Music/violin-011.gif

Man up ™, kid.

Lee
05-29-2008, 04:48 AM
I love posters managed to find a way to blame Djokovic. I doubt he liked to play on Sunday but with Nadal request a late start even his half played first and Federer with his half played later, the only top player who will attract ticket buyers are Djokovic. And if anyone can put their blinders out, he had his points. Part of their winning money comes from people paying to watch matches and big stars on PC are where money comes from. It's unfortunate for Nadal that all his preceding women matches (3 days in a row) went to distance, which is pretty rare in early rounds in women tennis.

Nadal is right in his complain that Coria/Robredo match scheduled before his. It's a bit ridiculous this way.

Lee
05-29-2008, 04:53 AM
it's really unfortunate for Nadal about his double postponement. The crux of the complaint though should be focused on the scheduling, which really reveals that ticket sales is what the organisers are about. And this is something the organisers have control over.

Besides the coria-robredo/top-half-bottom-half first day issues that nadal and fellow posters have mentioned, yesterday's scheduling was just as insanely illogical. Novak's second round match (and I'm sure a few more) being played BEFORE the remaining first round matches?!?!?!? Makes no sense!

Life is unfair competition unfair etc...true...but the least organisers can do is make the playing field more equal.

I still can't figure out WHY EVERYONE IS COMPLAINING 2nd round matches start BEFORE 1st round. ALL 2nd round matches are scheduled BEHIND corresponding 1st round matches in corresponding courts. It's out of scheduler's control how long matches on one particular court lasts.

If the tournament did not schedule any 2nd round matches today which fortunately has no rain delay and the next few days, more matches are delayed by rain, then everyone here will jump on the bandwagon that they had the chance to play more matched but didn't. :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
05-29-2008, 05:08 AM
I guess I'm missing what Novak said that was so contemptible. The Reuters (btw, one of the least trustworthy of the news agencies) author is the one who said Novak defended the organizers, but provided no quotes to support that. Basically he said "oh, it's tough, it sucks for all the players to sit around and just play a couple games before rain came again blahblah but the organizers didn't mean to upset anyone" I mean really, I don't understand how that is defending the decision-making (also, the quotes may be very badly out of context and the RG site does not have his transcript up). Novak is hardly a player I like, but I think the haters are really grasping at straws here :shrug:

Johnny Groove
05-29-2008, 05:22 AM
The simple solution would be to abolish the WTA event

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-29-2008, 05:37 AM

Only logical step.

Eliminate womens "tennis"

or

Let the real French Open be played for 2 weeks and then let the girls play "tennis" in a separate tourny.

Action Jackson
05-29-2008, 06:17 AM
He's half right. They are scheduling Rafa to maximise their ticket sales, but they absolutely should not have been scheduled second round matches until after all the first round matches had been played once the rain delays began screwing with the schedule. They probably should have moved a few of those women's matches around too, since they can usually finish their first round matches faster, even on clay (although there have been a few more competitive early matches on the women's side than I was expecting).

Agreed.

Like I said before they should play the women in Brittany or in Luxembourg.

wilmar
05-29-2008, 07:08 AM
I still can't figure out WHY EVERYONE IS COMPLAINING 2nd round matches start BEFORE 1st round. ALL 2nd round matches are scheduled BEHIND corresponding 1st round matches in corresponding courts. It's out of scheduler's control how long matches on one particular court lasts.

If the tournament did not schedule any 2nd round matches today which fortunately has no rain delay and the next few days, more matches are delayed by rain, then everyone here will jump on the bandwagon that they had the chance to play more matched but didn't. :rolleyes:

all the "corresponding"s that you mentioned still has to be decided by the scheduler in the first place.
"ALL 2nd round matches are scheduled BEHIND corresponding 1st round matches in corresponding courts." - i never knew there was such a rule, and now that i do, i don't see the rigid relevance in it.

i agree that the scheduler cannot control the length of a match, but this is not related to my point about the order of play of delayed matches.
and surely he can exercise some flexibility in the playing order (or even court venues) when the tournament run is affected by rain delays. that's why we need organisers for events.

it was good the weather was fine and they completed all matches yesterday...yes, they can go ahead and schedule the 2nd round matches, but schedule them AFTER the 1st round ones....
because won't it be worse if these earlier 2nd round matches were completed and then it rained...and the latter first round matches will be put off to another day? makes no sense :confused:

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 07:34 AM
will this man ever stop whining. had he played his match on monday, im sure he still wouldve find a way to complain that ATP didnt entertain his request to schedule his match on wed and so didnt give him enough time to recover from the so called strain.

iriraz
05-29-2008, 07:42 AM
If the weather will be today as they show in some reports i doubt that Federer or Nadal will play their match today

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 07:45 AM
There's no use complaining to the organisers. Nadal should step his level up another notch and take the complaint to Mother Nature. Then maybe he has a shot at being the Greatest Complainer Of All Time.

but he'll 1st have to stop cheating to have any favours from the mother nature :angel:

now u see why mother nature is on rogers side:)

Castafiore
05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
but he'll 1st have to stop cheating to have any favours from the mother nature :angel:

now u see why mother nature is on rogers side:)
Off topic but can I just thank you for your presence in GM. You really brighten up the place. I'm sure Federer can be very proud to have you as a fan. :worship:

bokehlicious
05-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Off topic but can I just thank you for your presence in GM. You really brighten up the place. I'm sure Federer can be very proud to have you as a fan. :worship:

Nadal and Djoker tards on GM are for sure way smarter... :rolleyes: :o

Lee
05-29-2008, 07:50 AM
all the "corresponding"s that you mentioned still has to be decided by the scheduler in the first place.

So? That's what schedulers do, right? And they are scheduling 2nd round matches after 1st round matches, right? Or you haven't checked the OOP for Wednesday?

"ALL 2nd round matches are scheduled BEHIND corresponding 1st round matches in corresponding courts." - i never knew there was such a rule, and now that i do, i don't see the rigid relevance in it.

Did I say there's a rule? I only pointed out that's the schedule for Wednesday. All 2nd round matches on courts are AFTER 1st round matches on the same court.

[quoet]i agree that the scheduler cannot control the length of a match, but this is not related to my point about the order of play of delayed matches.[/quote]

I don't recall I was responding to any of your post.

and surely he can exercise some flexibility in the playing order (or even court venues) when the tournament run is affected by rain delays. that's why we need organisers for events.

What flexibility? Tell 2nd round match players just wait in players lounge, and when a court is available, we will tell you where? Your match may be in court 1 in 2 hours or in court 17 in 6 hours?

it was good the weather was fine and they completed all matches yesterday...yes, they can go ahead and schedule the 2nd round matches, but schedule them AFTER the 1st round ones....

Didn't this is exactly Wednesday's schedule, the 2nd round matches were scheduled AFTER 1st round matches?

because won't it be worse if these earlier 2nd round matches were completed and then it rained...and the latter first round matches will be put off to another day? makes no sense :confused:

Like organisers cannot control rain or not, they cannot control how long matches run on a certain court.

GuiroNl
05-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Well, I agree with Djokovic. I don't think the organizers did it on purpose, but I've been scratching my head for three days trying to figure out the rationale or the method used in scheduling matches. It's kind of giving me a headache.

So the schedule that they come up with is created by accident?

MariaV
05-29-2008, 08:39 AM

It must be the Serbian mafia bribing the organizers. :o :shrug:
And Tio Toni has lost his touch with the draws, now it's all Novak's men in control. :awww:

Matt01
05-29-2008, 11:36 AM

Only logical step.

Eliminate womens "tennis"

or

Let the real French Open be played for 2 weeks and then let the girls play "tennis" in a separate tourny.

:rolleyes:

The simpliest solution would be to abolish tennis tournaments altogether - would save us all alot of trouble, injustices and posted crap on the various internet forums :p

scoobs
05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Ahh reductio ad absurdum :)

Sunset of Age
05-29-2008, 11:47 AM

There is this MTF Law that states that 'for every whiner/tard/troll on one side, there's an equally bad one on the other side'. I've seen plenty of them around - on both sides - lately to conclude this law indeed represents reality on MTF/GM. ;)

As for Rafa, he of course has the right to complain about this scheduling, because it's a bit off to say the least (warning: understatement, here ;)). On the other side I have this feeling he should cut down the complaining for a bit, if only in case REAL issues come up in the future and he might not get taken seriously by that time anymore...

The scheduling is BAD, but the rain is something people have no powers over. Talking about the rain, I'm very sure it won't continue going on like that (usually the weather in Paris isn't as bad for a long time as it can be in London), and that the schedule will be caught up with within a few days time as soon as the rain dies down. All will be well. Yes, I have barely any talent for premature panicking. :p

Volcanic Tennis
05-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh Rafa. You're the only one with a disadvantage, very few people got to play on those days. Get it together :p You'll be fine :hug:

aussie_fan
05-29-2008, 12:01 PM
nadal has got to worry about his own game and not whinge about something that can't be helped.

rocketassist
05-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Simple. Send WTA off to Marseille or somewhere, it's nothing other than an irritant getting in the way of the proper competition.

wilmar
05-29-2008, 12:46 PM
So? That's what schedulers do, right? And they are scheduling 2nd round matches after 1st round matches, right? Or you haven't checked the OOP for Wednesday?

Did I say there's a rule? I only pointed out that's the schedule for Wednesday. All 2nd round matches on courts are AFTER 1st round matches on the same court.

agree that the scheduler cannot control the length of a match, but this is not related to my point about the order of play of delayed matches.

Didn't this is exactly Wednesday's schedule, the 2nd round matches were scheduled AFTER 1st round matches?

Like organisers cannot control rain or not, they cannot control how long matches run on a certain court.

ok...let's forget about all the other points about control of match time/weather/flexibility etc

my point is Djokovic (and maybe a couple other I think...) should not be scheduled to play their 2nd round matches BEFORE all the players have finished their first round match?
they still can be scheduled for Wednesday's OPP...but AFTER all the remaining first round amtches were completed...so the OPP I'm referring to is for the entire tournament and not a particular court. you can certainly check the OPP for Wednesday on that.

For example, Djokovic's match is the third of the day for his court...but there were still so many other first round matches being scheduled fourth for the remaining courts. that is my point of contention.

Reycat
05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Today in Rafa's blog: http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2008/05/29/blog01/1212053892.html

Lo primero que quiero decir es que el miércoles me equivoqué en la rueda de prensa. Dije una cosa que no quería decir o, mejor dicho, me expliqué mal cuando dije que yo no pintaba nada. Lo dije bromeando por el tema de los partidos y que yo hubiera jugado tan tarde por causa de la lluvia. Es difícil decir cosas a veces. No quise que decir lo que dije o al menos que sonara así de fuerte.

Sería largo de explicar todo aquí en el blog. Ya lo hice en la rueda de prensa, pero claro que los periodistas, con razón, se quedaron con la frase que más suena. Estas cosas las sé pero creo que no presté atención a lo que decía. El caso es que juego mañana (hoy cuando leeréis esto) y si gano, también el viernes para intentar recuperar los dos días de lluvia. Otros jugadores ya han jugado su segunda ronda, hoy descansan y mañana juegan tercera ronda. Algo no ha funcionado bien, pero, bueno, no se puede hacer nada. Entiendo que el torneo intente dar espectáculo con los jugadores hacia el público. Todo bien.

Paraphrasing: He thinks he was wrong the other day in the press conference. He didn't intend to make it sound as hard as it did. He didn't pay attention to what he was saying, and should have been more careful chosing his words. Anyway, he is somewhat upset, having to play on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. "Something is not working right, but there's nothing you can do about it".

Okonsky
05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
my point is Djokovic (and maybe a couple other I think...) should not be scheduled to play their 2nd round matches BEFORE all the players have finished their first round match?

Yes, I agree with that. Senseless.

Okonsky
05-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Paraphrasing: He thinks he was wrong the other day in the press conference. He didn't intend to make it sound as hard as it did. He didn't pay attention to what he was saying, and should have been more careful chosing his words. Anyway, he is somewhat upset, having to play on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. "Something is not working right, but there's nothing you can do about it".

I didnt't expect nothing less from Nadal. Nice guy as always.

wilmar
05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Today in Rafa's blog: http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2008/05/29/blog01/1212053892.html

Nadal apologised? hmmm...maybe he's gotten some feedback about his earlier remarks...or maybe uncle toni "ticked" him off? :p

:wavey:Hi Manon! and thank you for getting my point:wavey:
ready for another day of clay?

zcess81
05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Djokovic's quotes are even more pathetic :retard:

I'm sure if he was in Nadal's position, Srdjan would attack the TD :rolleyes:

Did Novak complain when he was in similar/worse position at Wimb last year?

Okonsky
05-29-2008, 01:46 PM
ready for another day of clay?

I took a few days off. So, of course.

alfonsojose
05-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Slams are slams. Shut up, Doping bull :rolleyes:

kafemotor
05-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Did Novak complain when he was in similar/worse position at Wimb last year?

Complaining or not is his right. He took it or not is up to him. A better player uses his right proportionally. :worship:

wilmar
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
I took a few days off. So, of course.

Now Play suspended AGAIN :(

anyone knows how to do the Sundance here?

Okonsky
05-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Now Play suspended AGAIN :(

And here is 35 again, over 30 4 days in a row...

wilmar
05-29-2008, 02:32 PM
wow...would u consider that as some freak weather? becoz i never knew Liverpool is capable of that?
over here over 30 is the norm...whole year round...eeeks!

Bernard Black
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
And here is 35 again, over 30 4 days in a row...

You surely can't be speaking from the UK?

Okonsky
05-29-2008, 02:39 PM
wow...would u consider that as some freak weather? becoz i never knew Liverpool is capable of that?
over here over 30 is the norm...whole year round...eeeks!

I am in Belgrade now. But weather is so unpredictable for past 4-5 years. last summer there was 45 in Serbia with extreme humidity. I almost died:)

Okonsky
05-29-2008, 02:41 PM
You surely can't be speaking from the UK?

Nope:)

Månu
05-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Nevertheless the organisators have asked Nadal to play on Sunday... he refused

Bernard Black
05-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Nope:)

Oh, my bad, I assumed from your location status you were. I wish it was that warm here for the past 5 days!

wilmar
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
OMG!! 45?!?!? how u got thro that? soak urself in the pool?
35-37 is already bad enough...can Serbia get THAT hot and humid? any forecast for this summer?

Okonsky
05-29-2008, 02:49 PM
OMG!! 45?!?!? how u got thro that? soak urself in the pool?
35-37 is already bad enough...can Serbia get THAT hot and humid? any forecast for this summer?

It will be hot again. I was working whole summer:( Don't ask...sad story.

FedererSlam
05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Anyone got updates on when play will be resumed? Cheers in advance. :)

wilmar
05-29-2008, 02:58 PM
It will be hot again. I was working whole summer:( Don't ask...sad story.

awww...good luck then mate :)

Anyone got updates on when play will be resumed? Cheers in advance. :)

:wavey:
no news on the official site as yet...

Bazooka
05-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Anyone knows if there are plans about placing a roof in some RG courts?

definitely, 2-3 roofed courts should be mandatory for a slam event. At least a "cheap" and simple approach like the Hamburg one would do.

star
05-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I am in Belgrade now. But weather is so unpredictable for past 4-5 years. last summer there was 45 in Serbia with extreme humidity. I almost died:)

That's very hot if it's humid too. That's normal summer for us, but it is very dry here.

wilmar
05-29-2008, 03:13 PM
i doubt so...they don't even have lights right? :sad:

Roland9
05-29-2008, 03:21 PM
i doubt so...they don't even have lights right? :sad:

They don't. And that's what they should do first in my opinion - put some lights so the matches won't end just because the sun went down.

elessar
05-29-2008, 03:22 PM
They've already cancelled some double matches that were supposed to be played late today

elessar
05-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Looks like they may take off the covers soon

Roland9
05-29-2008, 03:33 PM
4.30 pm: Covers coming off! Yay!

wilmar
05-29-2008, 03:35 PM
yipee! covers already taken off :D

Corey Feldman
05-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Diva Alert

rain is bery bery bad to me

go take it out on your challenger draw then

leng jai
05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Diva Alert

rain is bery bery bad to me

go take it out on your challenger draw then

Escude is back :wavey:

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 04:29 PM
did anyone notice, when the rain came, rafa showing his discontent for
still being on the court
i mean thats not his problem, its the umpires problem and when they think
is the right moment they'll get the players off the pitch. he should shutup and continue with his play. its not like he is in any trouble that rain will
effect him,he is winning and 5-0 in 2nd, so he should
make most of it and try to complete as much of the match as he can which ofcourse
is his advantage

i just dont understand this guy. on one side he complains of rain, schedule, his matches not being able to complete and on the other side he is desperate to get off the court when he doesnt need to

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 04:29 PM
maybe he should learn from roger. roger had some reasons to whine if he wanted to but
he didnt.

he was in trouble, struggling, fighting off set points and it was raining heavily but
not at once did he saw the umpire that why are we still here, instead he kept his head straight
and continued with his game and won the game and then the umpires called off the game

this man is a whiner bigtime, he always finds a way to whine about sth

Lee
05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
ok...let's forget about all the other points about control of match time/weather/flexibility etc

they still can be scheduled for Wednesday's OPP...but AFTER all the remaining first round amtches were completed...so the OPP I'm referring to is for the entire tournament and not a particular court. you can certainly check the OPP for Wednesday on that.

For example, Djokovic's match is the third of the day for his court...but there were still so many other first round matches being scheduled fourth for the remaining courts. that is my point of contention.

Pick one of those 1st round matches scheduled in the outside smaller courts that start late there and exchange the Djokovic or Ivanovic match in Lenglen. And now imagine how many people will be on Lenglen to watch that 1st round match and how many people will be crowded into the smaller court to watch Ivanovic or Djokovic. In selecting which court to play, the organisers also need to consider how many PAYING fans want to watch which matches.

I was in Indian Wells this year when organisers put doubles matches in the smallest court. But the doubles teams are Nalbandian/Cañas, Davydenko/Kiefer and Gonzo/Dima. The space around the court was so crowded that it's almost not safe while in another larger court, the singles match of Hernandez and Gulbis was playing with hardly anyone watching. MANY people there are not happy and said they would not pay to come next year because it's tooo crowded.

adee-gee
05-29-2008, 04:45 PM
maybe he should learn from roger. roger had some reasons to whine if he wanted to but
he didnt.

he was in trouble, struggling, fighting off set points and it was raining heavily but
not at once did he saw the umpire that why are we still here, instead he kept his head straight
and continued with his game and won the game and then the umpires called off the game

this man is a whiner bigtime, he always finds a way to whine about sth
Yes, this Federer never whines, not even about hawkeye. The ATP would be a better place if everyone behaved like him.

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Yes, this Federer never whines, not even about hawkeye. The ATP would be a better place if everyone behaved like him.

ok u got me there. damn roger whines :( but very rarely (not all the time) but he was not its favour from the start

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
The ATP would be a better place if everyone behaved like him.

it cant be false:)

Black Adam
05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
The fedtards should shut up because they were praying for the rain to save rogi against montanes in the first set.

wilmar
05-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Pick one of those 1st round matches scheduled in the outside smaller courts that start late there and exchange the Djokovic or Ivanovic match in Lenglen. And now imagine how many people will be on Lenglen to watch that 1st round match and how many people will be crowded into the smaller court to watch Ivanovic or Djokovic. In selecting which court to play, the organisers also need to consider how many PAYING fans want to watch which matches.

yes..sad but true...$$$ is always the priority for the organisers...
even then, if Djokovic's match really has to be played in Lenglen, it would still be more sensible to schedule his as the last match (befitting his status too) on that court and put another delayed first round match(and there were quite a few big names matches to choose from) as the third match of the day...

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 04:59 PM
damn u star sports:mad:, theyve stoped rogers match coverage and now showing useless russian encounter b/w the overhyped safin and old man (whats his name) davy.

i cant believe this.
ive lost my super sports signals too. what a bad day.:(

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 05:01 PM
The fedtards should shut up because they were praying for the rain to save rogi against montanes in the first set.

go back into ur hole u serbtard
ur beloved is through so dont disturb

TheSwissMaster
05-29-2008, 05:02 PM
hehe i didnt mean to offend but i was frustrated

Black Adam
05-29-2008, 05:07 PM
No problem dude. A little trolling never hurts lol.

Lee
05-29-2008, 05:12 PM
yes..sad but true...$$$ is always the priority for the organisers...
even then, if Djokovic's match really has to be played in Lenglen, it would still be more sensible to schedule his as the last match (befitting his status too) on that court and put another delayed first round match(and there were quite a few big names matches to choose from) as the third match of the day...

Then the schedule will be too long :shrug: Show courts usually have 2 men's and 2 women's single match. (btw, the Djokovic and Ivanovic matches were on court 1 not Lenglen) Court 1 had 3 men's matches probably because the Safin one was TBF. Lenglen had 2 men and 2 women matches and because both women and one men match went to distance, they could not finish the last match.

l_mac
05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
The mistake was made on Monday, with the scheduling of top half matches before bottom half. That led to the ridiculous situation with players through to R3 before the 1st round was over.

I read somewhere on this thread that Nadal had requested to start late on Monday- that isn't true, he only said he would prefer not to play on Sunday.

konyalikartal
05-30-2008, 09:49 AM
From the beginning of the first round for each player the arrogant Federer and the Fakervic rested for three days. How many days did Rafa rest? ZERO!!! We saw this scenario at last year's Wimbledon. Rafa almost played every day in the second week of Wimbledon 2007!!! The organizers should stop doing this scheduling because they are so unfair!!!

Montego
05-30-2008, 09:54 AM
OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This hasn't been discussed yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POOR RAFITO

Jelena
05-30-2008, 09:55 AM
From the beginning of the first round for each player the arrogant Federer and the Fakervic rested for three days. How many days did Rafa rest? ZERO!!! We saw this scenario at last year's Wimbledon. Rafa almost played every day in the second week of Wimbledon 2007!!! The organizers should stop doing this scheduling because they are so unfair!!!
Problem of OUTDOOR tournaments. ;) If it's outdoor there is always the possibility of rain and because of it three days in a row matches.

Btw at a "normal" tournament "poor" Rafa would have needed at least one day to play two matches on one day. If he had needed to do that, he would have had a physical breakdown for sure. ;)

Nadal_Fanatic
05-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Nadal should be playing Saturday. Stupid Organizers trying to ruin it for Nadal.

Castafiore
05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
FFS Stop trolling

zcess81
05-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Nadal should be playing Saturday. Stupid Organizers trying to ruin it for Nadal.

Nobody's trying to ruin it for Nadal. It was Nadal who said that he preferred NOT TO play on Sunday...had he played on Sunday he'd be in much better position now...but like in Wimbledon last year these things happen and there's no point whining about it. It's something outside Nadal's (or any player's) control. If it didn't happen to Nadal it would have happened to someone else. He got the short straw this time. Next time it'll be someone else. It's all part of being a professional tennis player.

Adler
05-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Easy guys, he's got that one in the bag, plus it's also Nieminen playing much recently

bokehlicious
05-30-2008, 10:13 AM
:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

GuiroNl
05-30-2008, 10:16 AM
If Nadal would play Ginepri today he would lose for sure. Maybe Nieminen can go easy on Nadal by playing with a one-handed backhand.

Kolya
05-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Montego
05-30-2008, 10:20 AM
If Nadal would play Ginepri today he would lose for sure. Maybe Nieminen can go easy on Nadal by playing with a one-handed backhand.

On clay Ginepri - Nadal 6-0 6-2 3-6 6-2 :wavey: no doubt.

Kuhne
05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Rafa's draw is a piece of cake

The Pro
05-30-2008, 10:48 AM

I think this is a fraud and a saboteur. It's obviously a Fedtard trying to sully the good name of Rafatards everywhere. :( :eek:

scoobs
05-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Either he plays today and gets himself back on schedule with Djokovic and the rest of the bottom half, or he plays tomorrow and Djokovic and others get a round ahead of him again - which he has already complained about in terms of the effect of the scheduling thus far.

Can't have it both ways.

If he has to get back schedule then he might as well do it now when he had a pretty easy match yesterday rather than have to do it as he gets deeper into the tournament.

Roland9
05-30-2008, 10:54 AM
It's Nieminen's third day in a row as well...

Bibberz
05-30-2008, 11:08 AM
If he has to get back schedule then he might as well do it now when he had a pretty easy match yesterday rather than have to do it as he gets deeper into the tournament.

Definitely true. Yesterday's match was more or less a practice session. This is the best case scenario for Rafa.

Mr Brightside
05-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Same for Nieminen:shrug:

scarecrows
05-30-2008, 11:19 AM

but Nieminen fans arent crybabies

KitinovRules
05-30-2008, 12:11 PM
If this had happened to the Faker , we'd already had explosion of the Faketards how this is not fair , and it is world conspiracy against the Serbs.
It is indeed a shitty schedule , and it is not because Rafa played two 5 set matches. That is made by the organisers

groundstroke
05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
He'll still have an easy route to the quarter's or semi's.

rafa_maniac
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
He played about five 2 hour matches in a row at his two Masters Series victories this year, no biggie.

nobama
05-30-2008, 12:21 PM
This Srdjan is good....

Jelena
05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey, how long did he play on Wednesday and Thursday? I remember about 2hrs 30 on Wednesday, don't know how much it was yesterday. If he had played twice 5 hours the whining would be ok, but with the times he played til now you could compare it with 2 longer matches in a normal tournament. And there the matches are played in a row anyway. :shrug:

leng jai
05-30-2008, 12:30 PM
but Nieminen fans arent crybabies

What fans? Kidding.

zcess81
05-30-2008, 12:34 PM
If this had happened to the Faker , we'd already had explosion of the Faketards how this is not fair , and it is world conspiracy against the Serbs.
It is indeed a shitty schedule , and it is not because Rafa played two 5 set matches. That is made by the organisers

This has happened to Novak last year at Wimbledon.

Action Jackson
05-30-2008, 12:34 PM

Sadly, he doesn't count.

Black Adam
05-30-2008, 12:35 PM
It doesn't matter. If it rains tomorrow it will mean that Roger will have to play his later matches in a row. What goes around comes around. Nesides if Rafa wins today he will be playing on Sunday then Tuesday then Friday. It looks ok, it might work out to his advantage after all especially if this wekend is rainy.

Black Adam
05-30-2008, 12:37 PM
This has happened to Novak last year at Wimbledon.
Djokovic played two long mtaches in 2 days, that his own fault. Rafa had to play one match for 5 straight days before following up with encounters vs hard opponents who gave him problems like Youzhny and Berdych. Both of them had a hard time last year at wimbledon so don't use that as an excuse.

zcess81
05-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Djokovic played two long mtaches in 2 days, that his own fault. Rafa had to play one match for 5 straight days before following up with encounters vs hard opponents who gave him problems like Youzhny and Berdych. Both of them had a hard time last year at wimbledon so don't use that as an excuse.

No excuses, just trying to say that it's no big conspiracy against Nadal. It happens sometimes and this year Nadal hasn't been lucky.

wilmar
05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
yeah..a tough break for Nadal...
well, let's look on the bright side...at least his matches till now have been in straight sets and are not too lengthy...
and better to happen in the first week than the second...

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
05-30-2008, 01:01 PM

It's not Federer's fault, furthermore Roger was irritated because til Saturday, late in the evening, the organizers did not communicate him the OoP and he was not aware if he had to play already on Sunday or ... Monday... or.... Pls check your info. And Federer ATP Number 1 played on the Lenglen because on the CC there were Coria and I don't know anymore who.

Jelena
05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
It's not Federer's fault, furthermore Roger was irritated because til Saturday, late in the evening, the organizers did not communicate him the OoP and he was not aware if he had to play already on Sunday or ... Monday... or.... Pls check your info. And Federer ATP Number 1 played on the Lenglen because on the CC there were Coria and I don't know anymore who.
Coria vs Robredo. :)

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-30-2008, 01:06 PM

The organizers will cheat as much as they can to help the evil Frauderer win.

danielmom
05-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Rafa will be fine. He will most likely not play again until Monday so he will have 2 days off after today.

wilmar
05-30-2008, 01:49 PM
yes...good timing for that bothering blister to heal

Okonsky
05-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Rafa will be fine. He will most likely not play again until Monday so he will have 2 days off after today.

Yes. Everything will be in order after today.

LK_22
05-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Because he's the only player in the entire draw who this has happened to :rolleyes: Get over yourself

Okonsky
05-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Because he's the only player in the entire draw who this has happened to :rolleyes: Get over yourself

But yes. It's not his fault, not ours...I'm only suggesting that he will be fine till Monday.

Jelena
05-30-2008, 02:38 PM
As was stated earlier in this thread he wasn't the only one, but also Jarkko had to play 3 days in a row.

Bazooka
05-30-2008, 02:46 PM
It's Nieminen's third day in a row as well...

True, and this is the only thing to be watched. Rain can make players to have matches several days in a row. Organizers should make sure people that are close in the draw and can be opponents get the same rest.

Nadal plays 4 days in a row everytime he plays an AMS event, by the way. Best of three matches, but usually harder matches in the early rounds.

Jelena
05-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Nadal plays 4 days in a row everytime he plays an AMS event, by the way. Best of three matches, but usually harder matches in the early rounds.
My words.

Branimir
05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Rafa's draw is so funny. He could have played 3 matches in a row IN ONE DAY and still won all 3 without much problem. Anyway rain ruined for Nadal, not organizers.

FedFan
05-30-2008, 02:52 PM
The organizers will cheat as much as they can to help the evil Frauderer win.

Yes they cheat, because the below part will have two days before the semis, whereas Federer has only one day rest.

You are really :retard:

Bobby
05-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Why is it that it's always the same players complaining about the schedule. Nieminen had to play three days as well and he was suffering from a fever just before the tournament. But he is not bitching about how he had to play three days in a row.

Seriously, the tournament staff are doing the best they can. The weather is what it is, and the players will just have to deal with it. If Nadal feels that the schedule is unfair, then maybe he should spend a rain day at the tournament directors office and observe how they make the schedule. There are probably more things to take into account than Nadal can imagine.

Aenea
05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Why is it that it's always the same players complaining about the schedule. Nieminen had to play three days as well and he was suffering from a fever just before the tournament. But he is not bitching about how he had to play three days in a row. ...
Maybe he is but the press doesn't pay much attention to the players outside top 10.

ReturnWinner
05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
in theory it is not fair but he has won easily so no problem

Bobby
05-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Maybe he is but the press doesn't pay much attention to the players outside top 10.

I agree, but the Finnish media pays a lot of attention to Nieminen's matches and he hasn't mentioned the schedule at all. Then again, he is pretty down to earth and understands that he is a player and so it's not his job to make the schedule.

FedFan
05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
The schedulling was much worse for Nieminen, who had longer matches, than for Nadal. I am absolutely sure, if Nadal had had a five setter the organizers would have given him and some players from the below part a days rest. The stars are always treated in the best way possible, that's for sure.

Now he has a fine route, always a day or two before the next match. Nothing to complain about. ;)

RonE
05-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Booohooooooo :bigcry:

knightsky
05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Your counting sucks. Both Federer and Djokovic had TWO days of rest between their R1 and R2 matches, not three.

Sunset of Age
05-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Your counting sucks. Both Federer and Djokovic had TWO days of rest between their R1 and R2 matches, not three.

I highly doubt that it's merely this troll's counting that sucks... :rolleyes:

Clay Death
05-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I highly doubt that it's merely this troll's counting that sucks... :rolleyes:

3 days in a row has contributed to his blisters resurfacing. also why the hell did they have him play the 2nd match today when he was in a 90 minute rain delay again yesterday and ended up finishing later than normal. it could have been the 4th match and it should have been on the main show court. he is only the bloody defending champion for the last 3 years in a row.

the organizers are out to get him.

Bazooka
05-30-2008, 04:04 PM
3 days in a row has contributed to his blisters resurfacing. also why the hell did they have him play the 2nd match today when he was in a 90 minute rain delay again yesterday and ended up finishing later than normal. it could have been the 4th match and it should have been on the main show court. he is only the bloody defending champion for the last 3 years in a row.

the organizers are out to get him.

... because he asked to play in the early turns? he said so today, because of rain prediction after 17h.

Johnny Groove
05-30-2008, 04:09 PM
So some players get screwed over and some players get easy treatment. So what? Shit happens.

Stop bitching

LK_22
05-30-2008, 11:27 PM
But yes. It's not his fault, not ours...I'm only suggesting that he will be fine till Monday.

That post was meant for the person who made the title of the thread (which has now been changed) not your good self :p

As was stated earlier in this thread he wasn't the only one, but also Jarkko had to play 3 days in a row.

Exactly Jelena, ok so maybe Jarkko isn't going to win RG (he obviously isn't going to now he's out) but that's not the point his opponent was in exactly the same boat as he was, if that wasn't the case the person who started this thread might be inclined to feel that Nadal was treated harshly, but he wasn't. In fact I'm sure Jarkko would have put up more of a fight than 5 games if he did have an extra day to prepare, but now I'm just speculating:p

l_mac
05-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I agree, but the Finnish media pays a lot of attention to Nieminen's matches and he hasn't mentioned the schedule at all. Then again, he is pretty down to earth and understands that he is a player and so it's not his job to make the schedule.

That post was meant for the person who made the title of the thread (which has now been changed) not your good self :p

Exactly Jelena, ok so maybe Jarkko isn't going to win RG (he obviously isn't going to now he's out) but that's not the point his opponent was in exactly the same boat as he was, if that wasn't the case the person who started this thread might be inclined to feel that Nadal was treated harshly, but he wasn't. In fact I'm sure Jarkko would have put up more of a fight than 5 games if he did have an extra day to prepare, but now I'm just speculating:p

Nadal's problem with the scheduling was the fact that the top half of the draw, which should be a day behind, were scheduled to play before many bottom half matches on Monday. That shouldn't have happened.

Merton
05-31-2008, 04:07 AM
It will be interesting to see the schedule for Sunday, judging by the schedule for tomorrow Nadal-Verdasco would follow Djokovic-PHM as the 4th match on Chatrier. That creates the possibility for Nadal playing on Monday and Tuesday, even without assuming a rain delay on Sunday. However the French may also schedule the Chardy-Almagro match on Chatrier and move Nadal to SL.