Llodra Beats Berdych 6-3 4-6 5-7 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Llodra Beats Berdych 6-3 4-6 5-7 6-3 6-4

FedererGrandSlam
05-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Best volley in the game. :worship:

osalsyst
Awesome job Michael! He pulled a Federer in the final set digging out of 15-40 twice and then breaking serve the game after.

The Bolelli match should be a good one.

Bilbo
are there still people on here who think berdych is the real deal?

l_mac
05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Berdych :smash:

TheBoiledEgg
05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Birdshit can now go back to bonking Lucie after they both lost :o

how many bp's did he miss in final set :help:

scoobs
05-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Allez Sexy Michael!

Johnny Groove
I thought for sure Berdych would win this, espeically with all those bps in the 5th and his 5 set record.

Bolelli into QFs

Andre♥
Congrats for your Grand Slam win, Llodra!

Oh wait! It's just a second round match? :lol:

It looked like Llodra had just won a Grand Slam for each point he won in the 5th set! :haha:

Still good to see Birdshit losing and Bolelli having an open road until the quarter finals! :yeah:

Tom Paulman
What a mug this Berdych :lol:

schorsch
Llodra's netgame + s+v :drool:

scarecrows
4 BPs missed in the final set from Berdych, 2 were easy ones

his 5 sets record keeps getting lower

Sunset of Age
05-28-2008, 07:16 PM

In Hamburg, his ankle was still taped/braced... :shrug:
Not that easy, coming back from a twisted ankle.

Well done Llodra. :hatoff:

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Some still think Gasquet is the real deal.

This is MTF.

scarecrows
05-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I thought for sure Berdych would win this, espeically with all those bps in the 5th and his 5 set record.

Bolelli into QFs

Llodra will be a big problem for him with his big serve and lack of rhythm

Andre♥
05-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Some people think Korolev is Rich man Kafelnikov, while Davydenko is Poor man Kafelnikov, so... :haha:

Adler
05-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Some still think Gasquet is the real deal
And some think it's Monfils or Del Potro

RickDaStick
what was Berdych crying about at the handshake

Bilbo
llodra should also beat bolelli imo

finishingmove
05-28-2008, 07:20 PM
llodra was good today , easy on the berdych bash.

after the match he was probably whining that the crowd was loud before the point was over,especially when llodra was attacking , and he's right, but he shouldve used his break chances better, instead of letting llodra get on a streak.

on the other hand llodra did what needed to be done and won the match despite the match stats being on berdych's side.

Eden
Tomas,too bad for the missed BPs in the last set :help: It wasn't easy for him to play in front of the French crowd though, but he should be experienced enough to deal with those circumstances.

Better luck for him in the grass court season :)

Congrats to Llodra for the victory.

seljanin
Allez, Mika!

I absolutely love his game - all this S&V, net rushing, and touch at the net. Just brilliant! :worship:

shotgun
Losing to Michael fucking Llodra of all people. :mad:

Alex999
05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I just read that the crowed was booing Berdych and the atmosphere was more like a soccer match.

Andre♥
05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I just read that the crowed was booing Berdych and the atmosphere was more like a soccer match.

It looked like a Davis Cup match played in Argentina! :haha:

scarecrows
05-28-2008, 07:22 PM

well it was soccer like and llodra was doing his best to incite them more, but nothing extraordinary. There have been far worse situations even at Roland Garros

Bilbo
05-28-2008, 07:23 PM

i hope he faces bolelli on the same court

rhinooooo
05-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Good win for Llodra. Very impressive season. He's really got alot of confidence.

Minotaur
I guess the main reason why Berdych lost is that he played differently on bps than in the whole match

Nathaliia
Smeets :lol:

KitinovRules
05-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Llodra is cheater.
That ball for 5:3 lead for Berych was clearly out.
Fucking DC atmosphere

Okonsky
05-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Tell me that's not true:( Berdych, what's up with you.

I like LLodra but when B. means to step up?

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Llodra is cheater.
Fucking DC atmosphere

:sad: poor baby

Man up Birdshit

Okonsky
05-28-2008, 07:27 PM

Way out > 5-7 cm.

Bilbo
05-28-2008, 07:28 PM
i can't stand llodra
a poor guy with a bad behaviour

nope, he's a great guy imo and he always reminds me of those gentlemen in old movies :lol:

seljanin
Llodra is cheater.
Fucking DC atmosphere

It wasn't out. Cleared the line. You could easily see that in the replay.

Julio
Mikaaaaa !!! :banana: Well done mon pote !!! :yeah:

Iván
05-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Llodra is cheater.
Fucking DC atmosphere

if this is true then thats abit of a gut wrencher for birdman, tennis is like any other sport, sometimes your cheated and you must deal with it i guess

Rafa = Fed Killa
Mikaaaaa !!! :banana: Well done mon pote !!! :yeah:

Best signature pic on MTF :worship:

"Feel the Fix"

Julio
i can't stand llodra

I don't think it's a bad guy.

Renaud
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Llodra is cheater.
Fucking DC atmosphere

Yes Llodra is a wanker but the ball was in :shrug:

EnriqueIG8
05-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Berdych is such an overrated player. He will never win a big tournament again like Paris Bercy when all the topplayers weren't there.

MissMelly2U
05-28-2008, 07:35 PM
I guess that match with Smeets tired him out.:shrug:

Tom Paulman
05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
At least Berdych can now play Prostejov.

Yes, the challenger.

tangerine_dream
05-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm getting close to jumping on Llodra's bandwagon, I really enjoy watching his serve and volley game. :yeah:

Tom Paulman
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Halle title + Wimbledon QF to defend => Berdych out of top 20 in few weeks.

Congrats to Radek for being Czech No. 1 again :yeah:

Allez
05-28-2008, 07:49 PM
That one lost game in the Smeets match must have still been playing on Tomas' mind today. To be honest playing Smeets was probably the worst thing that could have happened to him. I had really big hopes for Berdych. Oh well.:mad:

Llodra has become a giant killer these days. What's changed ? He's been playing really well lately.

shotgun
05-28-2008, 07:50 PM

I hope he falls off the top 35 so he gets to be a dangerous floater at the USO. :yeah:

Merton
05-28-2008, 07:51 PM
This was a dangerous match for Tomas but even in Paris on a windy day he should still win the match after he got the 3rd set. :o At least he has time to regroup at home before the grass season.

justClaudia
05-28-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm getting close to jumping on Llodra's bandwagon, I really enjoy watching his serve and volley game. :yeah:

me too, you know.:lol:

it was lovely to see & that last set was actually amazing:hearts:

Merton
05-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I hope he falls off the top 35 so he gets to be a dangerous floater at the USO. :yeah:

I don't care about rankings at all, he might be consistently ranked between 7 and 10 and still stagnating, I would totally prefer a deep run at the US Open as an unseeded player. :shrug:

Tom Paulman
05-28-2008, 07:54 PM
and you think he will lose in the first round of these 2 tournaments ? lol

No, but I think he won't defent all these points. OK, not top 20, but his top 15 position is in danger.

shotgun
05-28-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't care about rankings at all, he might be consistently ranked between 7 and 10 and still stagnating, I would totally prefer a deep run at the US Open as an unseeded player. :shrug:

Exactly my point. The biggest title of his career, he won when he was ranked in the 50s. He hasn't beaten a top player in ages, this would give him some confidence back so perhaps he needs to meet more often with them.

GlennMirnyi
05-28-2008, 08:24 PM
S&V rules.

Birdie again being the usual c***. First that squandered match in DC, now this.

GlennMirnyi
05-28-2008, 08:25 PM

Rado is the real deal.

dylan24
05-28-2008, 08:35 PM
still 100 percent birdshit
this loser is.

Jaap
05-28-2008, 08:36 PM
What a clutch player this Berdych is.

:haha::haha::haha:

richie21
05-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Berdych is such an overrated player. He will never win a big tournament again like Paris Bercy when all the topplayers weren't there.

Well,at least he will have won a big tournament, him.
Some other youngsters can't say the same.:o

timafi
05-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Mika:speakles: fuck yeah!:woohoo: :woohoo:

FrenchLouise
05-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I read that French players voted Berdych the most unpleasant guy on the tour (for a French daily).
Why? What has he done?

Matthias13
05-28-2008, 09:02 PM
I read that French players voted Berdych the most unpleasant guy on the tour (for a French daily).
Why? What has he done?

Apparently, he said "I hate the French" on French television

FrenchLouise
05-28-2008, 09:04 PM
They voted him that before the tournament started.

~*BGT*~
05-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Too big Mika. :rocker2:

Chris Seahorse
05-28-2008, 09:06 PM
i can't stand llodra

Surely you mean Berdych. There is a reason crowds so frequently boo Berdych. He is a prat.

Llodra is cheater.
Fucking DC atmosphere

Ball was in. But even if it was out all one could say is what goes around comes around. Berdych did cheat a line call that cost Santoro a win over him at Wimbledon and that was the most dishonest deception I have even seen on a tennis court. So no sympathies for Berdych.

Let's not count chickens before they hatch. If that happens it would be nice but lets wait and see. The fact that Berdych has been totally incapable of beating top 20 players for almost a year does make it look a possibility however. :)

Another 5 set loss for Berdych. He can't even win 5 set matches anymore. :lol:

Chris Seahorse
05-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Apparently, he said "I hate the French" on French television

What a guy. :rolleyes:

Typical of him really.

Truc
05-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Apparently, he said "I hate the French" on French televisionAs far as I know, he said that in reaction to that poll. He was asked about it during his presser and he said: "J'ignore où est le problème et je ne sais pas pourquoi ils ne m'aiment pas. Je n'aime pas les joueurs français non plus, ce n'est pas un secret, je ne le cache pas. Disons qu'ils sont différents. Différents sur de nombreux plans" (I don't know what the problem is and I don't know why they don't like me. I don't like French players either, that's not a secret. I make no secret of it. Let's say they're different. Different in many regards).

The whole story was in Le Parisien, it's not available on the Net, but that's how they quoted him.

Matthias13
05-28-2008, 09:13 PM
As far as I know, he said that in reaction to that poll. He was asked about it during his presser and he said he doesn't know what they don't like him, but he doesn't like them either ("J'ignore où est le problème et je ne sais pas pourquoi ils ne m'aiment pas. Je n'aime pas les joueurs français non plus, ce n'est pas un secret, je ne le cache pas. Disons qu'ils sont différents. Différents sur de nombreux plans" - I don't know what the problem is and I don't know why they don't like me. I don't like French players either, that's not a secret. I make no secret of it. Let's say they're different. Different in many regards).

The whole story was in Le Parisien, it's not available on the Net.

That can be correct :) I was just quoting the Dutch Eurosport commenter and he knows nothing about tennis :D I wish I had British Eurosport :sad:

Truc
05-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Why? What has he done?Mostly because of the story with Santoro in Wimbledon a couple of years ago, I presume.
But Llodra voted Coria anyway, not Berdych.

Marine
05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Bravo Micka :worship:
I was at the match but I could not stay, I only saw 2 sets. I love his game. And I love him. Tennis needs more players like Llodra. He's one the only players to play serve /volley, and his craziness is a good thing for the crowd.

Voo de Mar
05-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Llodra :worship: Unfortunately I didn't see a single point from this match.

scarecrows
05-28-2008, 09:21 PM
good to see Berdych losing still gives Chris Seahorse hard-ons

Björki
05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Berdych :lol: :rolleyes:

congrats Mika

shotgun
05-28-2008, 09:34 PM
As far as I know, he said that in reaction to that poll. He was asked about it during his presser and he said: "J'ignore où est le problème et je ne sais pas pourquoi ils ne m'aiment pas. Je n'aime pas les joueurs français non plus, ce n'est pas un secret, je ne le cache pas. Disons qu'ils sont différents. Différents sur de nombreux plans" (I don't know what the problem is and I don't know why they don't like me. I don't like French players either, that's not a secret. I make no secret of it. Let's say they're different. Different in many regards).

The whole story was in Le Parisien, it's not available on the Net, but that's how they quoted him.

Thanks for that, Truc.

I wouldn't blame him for saying that, really. Mahut, Llodra, Clement, Benneteau, not exactly guys one would want to have a beer with.

elessar
05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
I agree about Clement but what's wrong with the others :confused: ?

Jaap
05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Berdych is right IMO.

French = Mugs and Chokers.

They smell also.

shotgun
05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I agree about Clement but what's wrong with the others :confused: ?

Mahut and Benneteau are two of the biggest pricks on the tour. They have had run-ins with several players already.

Llodra well, he's nice with the fans, but a bit of a wanker when he's on court.

elessar
05-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Mahut and Benneteau are two of the biggest pricks on the tour. They have had run-ins with several players already.

Llodra well, he's nice with the fans, but a bit of a wanker when he's on court.

Oh, OK I didn't even know that. Llodra was way over the top today especially since the fans were bad enough already but in general I think he's a pretty good guy. Thomas is one of my favourite player but it's not like he's an angel either in terms of run-ins with other players

I♥PsY@Mus!c
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Berdych did cheat a line call that cost Santoro a win over him at Wimbledon and that was the most dishonest deception I have even seen on a tennis court. So no sympathies for Berdych.

Would you or anyone elaborate in details?Was that point Fab's bp or something crucial?I'm disappointed to hear this incident,I like him but I really can't stand cheaters. :sad:

I don't know why he said he didn't like French players,becasue they smoke? :haha:

shotgun
05-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh, OK I didn't even know that. Llodra was way over the top today especially since the fans were bad enough already but in general I think he's a pretty good guy. Thomas is one of my favourite player but it's not like he's an angel either in terms of run-ins with other players

Agree.

groundstroke
05-28-2008, 10:15 PM
How the hell could Llodra pull a Federer? :|

Chris Seahorse
05-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Would you or anyone elaborate in details?Was that point Fab's bp or something crucial?I'm disappointed to hear this incident,I like him but I really can't stand cheaters. :sad:

I don't know why he said he didn't like French players,becasue they smoke? :haha:

This has been gone over many times before but it was deuce in the 4th set with Santoro serving for the match. Santoro's shot hit the line (and I happened to be just about 10 feet away from this in the audience) but Berdych was in between the ball and the line judge. He faked that the ball had gone out be making a fist pump and acting like he had won the point and the line judge unfortunately fell for it making it break point. Santoro lost the game on the next point.

At the end of the match because of the this along with numerous other incidents of unsporting behaviour thoughout the match, Santoro refused to shake Berdych's hand a decision which the audience applauded.

GlennMirnyi
05-28-2008, 11:53 PM
This has been gone over many times before but it was deuce in the 4th set with Santoro serving for the match. Santoro's shot hit the line (and I happened to be just about 10 feet away from this in the audience) but Berdych was in between the ball and the line judge. He faked that the ball had gone out be making a fist pump and acting like he had won the point and the line judge unfortunately fell for it making it break point. Santoro lost the game on the next point.

At the end of the match because of the this along with numerous other incidents of unsporting behaviour thoughout the match, Santoro refused to shake Berdych's hand a decision which the audience applauded.

What a bunch of bullshit. Only an idiot would give a point to a player because he celebrated it. :rolleyes:

RogerFan82
05-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Bird shit loses yet again!!! So what else is new ? Congrats Micheal!!! He'll go deep in Wimby.

Langers
05-29-2008, 06:58 AM
:wavey: Not any more.

Rumour
05-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Seems like this was quite an entertaining affair, too bad for Berdych losing in the fifth but it appears he had his chances and didn't take them. Good on Llodra for giving the local crowd reason to cheer - at least there are enough French players left to sustain home rooting interest for another round or two, maybe even further...

fast_clay
05-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Seems like this was quite an entertaining affair, too bad for Berdych losing in the fifth but it appears he had his chances and didn't take them. Good on Llodra for giving the local crowd reason to cheer - at least there are enough French players left to sustain home rooting interest for another round or two, maybe even further...

le classique llodra...

saw him live at rotterdam this year and i think he's the real deal...

can chop up the clay courters...

Action Jackson
05-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Chris is lurking with intent as soon as Berdych loses.

Good for Tomas now he can peak for the Prostejov Challenger, as for him being the least pleasant. Well maybe, maybe not, but at least there isn't bullshit there.

Llodra and Bolelli interesting match.

Montego
05-29-2008, 09:55 AM
As far as I remember, Berdych ought to have breakthrough some two years ago. Two years ago he reached Top20 and have stayed between 10-20 till now.

aussie_fan
05-29-2008, 12:12 PM
and smeets managed to get only one game off him. :o

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
05-29-2008, 01:01 PM
photoshop my friend :angel:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/mypixforum/rg_2008.jpg

Voo de Mar
05-29-2008, 01:01 PM
photoshop my friend :angel:

Who is that girl on the pic? :aplot: