What's the mark on Federer's face? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What's the mark on Federer's face?

Fumus
05-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Anyone notice that he's had a big brownish mark on one of his cheeks since Monte Carlo? Did Fed have surgery/ an accident? At first I thought it was bruise now, it looks like a scar. I searched the forums for a thread but I couldn't find anything.

Burrow
05-28-2008, 03:16 PM
It's just that sting healing...

camnation
05-28-2008, 03:23 PM
So it's not a carbuncle?

ReturnWinner
05-28-2008, 03:23 PM
allergic reaction to a Mirka kiss

habibko
05-28-2008, 03:29 PM
nothing official stated by Roger but I heard many people saying it's a bee sting, maybe it's taking too long to heal due to mono effects and all :angel:

Fumus
05-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't think so, no bee sting. I think he had something removed on his face, a mole or something, or maybe some benign cancer.

It's been there for a long time.

The Pro
05-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I thought it was a big ol Mole going into overdrive.

Maybe it's because of a Nole instead....

habibko
05-28-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't think so, no bee sting. I think he had something removed on his face, a mole or something, or maybe some benign cancer.

It's been there for a long time.

there is nothing in the world called benign cancer, there is a benign tumor, sorry too sensitive being medical and all :angel:

justClaudia
05-28-2008, 03:38 PM
it started to show in Estoril - it looked awful, to be honest, but he didn't really talk about it.

Or Levy
05-28-2008, 03:40 PM
I heard both carnbuncle and an infected gland. It was some kind of a boil or a huge pimple that got drained, hence leaving a mark. Hopefully it would fade with time.

elessar
05-28-2008, 03:40 PM
It's getting better at least :o I'm very surprised no journalists asked him about it :lol:

justClaudia
05-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm very surprised no journalists asked him about it :lol:

yes:lol:

they don't want to annoy Jesus Fed in any way I guess

Fumus
05-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I heard both carnbuncle and an infected gland. It was some kind of a boil or a huge pimple that got drained, hence leaving a mark. Hopefully it would fade with time.

Now that makes sense! +1 :)

camnation
05-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Is it weird that I think it makes Roger look better? I don't mean that in a mean way... it sorta looks like a scar, sorta dangerous. Hehe. Someone slap some sense into me!

Burrow
05-28-2008, 03:46 PM
He, himself, said it was a bee sting.

dark_ambient
05-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Did you catch that costume he was in whilst playing Querrey? That's a Dark Jedi right there. He invoked the clouds and rain to come and not let Rafito play in the next days. Well everyone knows, i think, that when you become a Dark Jedi your face suffers a transfiguration. I guess we're witnessing signs of that right there. :eek:

Fumus
05-28-2008, 03:52 PM

Oh, yea?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee_sting

The Bee Sting from hell.

HarryMan
05-28-2008, 03:52 PM

When did he say that? Do you have a link to an article or something where he is quoted?

Burrow
05-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Theirs an interview before Estoril where he spoke briefly about it amonst other things.

Manon
05-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Is it weird that I think it makes Roger look better? I don't mean that in a mean way... it sorta looks like a scar, sorta dangerous. Hehe. Someone slap some sense into me!

Isn't weird. I think the same.

Fumus
05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Theirs an interview before Estoril where he spoke briefly about it amonst other things.

He could call it Jumanji if he wanted.

Bee Stings don't scar like that and they don't swell for that long. He had it in Estoril!? It was still raised when he was in the finals of MC. If Federer said that than, he lied, probably just embarrassed.

Burrow
05-28-2008, 03:59 PM
That's what I thought, it was a massive lump in Estoril.

bokehlicious
05-28-2008, 04:01 PM
If Federer said that than, he lied, probably just embarrassed.

He certainly lied. Just like for mono :shrug:

Sunset of Age
05-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Bee Stings don't scar like that and they don't swell for that long. He had it in Estoril!? It was still raised when he was in the finals of MC. If Federer said that than, he lied, probably just embarrassed.

I guess you didn't see him play or saw any pictures of him in Estoril?
It looked pretty (:help: :tape:) BAD at that time - a HUGE UGLY bump, hence the nick CarbuncleFed when he plays badly. :cool:

It can have been anything, an infected bee sting, an out-of-line zit, a Gillette accident followed by infection... but surely not a (benigne) tumour. Those things look quite different and don't appear out-of-nowhere like Fed's now infamous bump.

Manon
05-28-2008, 04:03 PM

Does it really matter what is it?

habibko
05-28-2008, 04:04 PM

:bolt:

justClaudia
05-28-2008, 04:07 PM
I guess you didn't see him play or saw any pictures of him in Estoril?
It looked pretty (:help: :tape:) BAD at that time - a HUGE UGLY bump, hence the nick CarbuncleFed when he plays badly. :cool:

It can have been anything, an infected bee sting, an out-of-line zit, a Gillette accident followed by infection... but surely not a (benigne) tumour. Those things look quite different and don't appear out-of-nowhere like Fed's now infamous bump.

it looked nasty indeed.

but it didn't look like a zit - more like a bruise or something.

brent-o
05-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I propose we change the name of this thread to Carbuncle Watch 2008, and feature hourly updates on the status of Federer's face. Just a suggestion.;)

star
05-28-2008, 04:18 PM

I lived all my childhood around bees. I've been stung multiple times, and so has everyone in my family. I've never seen a bee sting that looks like what Federer had on his face and still has. My brother stuck his head into a wild bee hive and got stung on his face -- silly boy, but he wanted to see! -- it looked nothing like what Federer had. Also, nobody ever had a mark that lasted after the swelling went down. So first, from my experience, except for my grandfather who never reacted at all to bee stings, there wasn't enough swelling in the beginning for a bee sting, and the remaining mark is not typical for a bee sting.

I have trouble with the bee sting story.

HarryMan
05-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Very true, it is so obvious that members on MTF would know better than Federer himself.

Chiseller
05-28-2008, 04:46 PM
He's obviously not telling the truth, it cannot be a bee sting. It probably was a rafatard hornet.

Or Levy
05-28-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't recall any official article in which Roger said he had a bee-string, that was the rumor mill on RF.COM, but nothing official.

Quite clear, to me, it was some kind of infection.

Eden
05-28-2008, 04:57 PM
According to Swiss journalist René Stauffer it is an inflamed gland

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05/22/sports/3tennisforum22.php?page=2

Clay Death
05-28-2008, 05:04 PM
He's obviously not telling the truth, it cannot be a bee sting. It probably was a rafatard hornet.

it just means that he is a marked man. the end is near. extinction is imperative.

kaylee
05-28-2008, 05:14 PM
OMG this thread is hilarious.

Fumus
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't recall any official article in which Roger said he had a bee-string, that was the rumor mill on RF.COM, but nothing official.

Quite clear, to me, it was some kind of infection.

Yes. Exactly.

According to Swiss journalist René Stauffer it is an inflamed gland

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05/22/sports/3tennisforum22.php?page=2

Thank you. All those people saying it's a bee sting, can read this and eat it.

OMG this thread is hilarious.

What can I say? I do good work.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Anyone notice that he's had a big brownish mark on one of his cheeks since Monte Carlo? Did Fed have surgery/ an accident? At first I thought it was bruise now, it looks like a scar. I searched the forums for a thread but I couldn't find anything.

Punishment from the Gods for being too much of an egoist :confused: