These delays might be just what doctor ordered for Rafa's injury [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

These delays might be just what doctor ordered for Rafa's injury

Farenhajt
05-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Having some extra time to let it heal properly is just nice.

scarecrows
05-27-2008, 11:21 PM
yes indeed
but rafatards cant stop whining :rolleyes:

Burrow
05-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Yes and then having to play matches without the rest days in between is just brilliant isn't it? Not putting an injury under strain at all...

GlennMirnyi
05-27-2008, 11:25 PM
He's not injured and the rain delays will mean nothing to him after all.

elessar
05-27-2008, 11:30 PM
He's injured :awww: ?

~*BGT*~
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
As if you really care Farenhajt. :rolleyes:

scoobs
05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Goodness we can't have people trying to see any possible positives in the situation!

Rafa is being VICTIMISED. Do you understand? VICTIMISED

Bimes hates him, FFT hates him, France hates him, the world hates him except for his loyal band of Rafatards and Lord Carlos. Even Federer hates him in Paris, though across the channel he loves him in London.

Weep for the future. Weep for Rafa.

Sunset of Age
05-28-2008, 12:29 AM

The muscle strain he got in Hamburg was still bothering him for a bit (nothing really serious) when entering Paris. That's why he also asked for a later start.

FedFan_2007
05-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Karin - you can't say Rafa doesn't get special favors....

JimmyV
05-28-2008, 12:40 AM
If he was injured coming into RG, obviously the best thing that could happen to him would be to have to play a match every day with no rest like in Wimbledon last year.

Brilliant logic.

l_mac
05-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Having some extra time to let it heal properly is just nice.
Nice thread, Faren :yeah:
yes indeed
but rafatards cant stop whining :rolleyes:
Hater :p
He's not injured and the rain delays will mean nothing to him after all.
The rain delays could well have an adverse affect.
:rolleyes:
Goodness we can't have people trying to see any possible positives in the situation!

Rafa is being VICTIMISED. Do you understand? VICTIMISED

Bimes hates him, FFT hates him, France hates him, the world hates him except for his loyal band of Rafatards and Lord Carlos. Even Federer hates him in Paris, though across the channel he loves him in London.

Weep for the future. Weep for Rafa.

:armed:

In your sarcasm, I see truth.

GlennMirnyi
05-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Nadal's got a cakewalk draw in the first 3-4 rounds, where the delays might prove adverse. Then he'll have a good rest.

leng jai
05-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Farentool with another amazing thought as usual.

l_mac
05-28-2008, 01:20 AM
I don't know. Bellucci looked impressive today.

GlennMirnyi
05-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Of course that a Brazilian no-one coming from the qualies will be the player that will beat Nadal. :rolleyes:

l_mac
05-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Think how happy it would make you.

GlennMirnyi
05-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Seeing Faker in the final with a cakewalk draw? Not happy at all.

Alex999
05-28-2008, 01:40 AM
I don't know. Bellucci looked impressive today.
They played only 2 games :lol:.

StevoTG
05-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Yes and then having to play matches without the rest days in between is just brilliant isn't it? Not putting an injury under strain at all...

What he said.

l_mac
05-28-2008, 01:46 AM
Seeing Faker in the final with a cakewalk draw? Not happy at all.
I'm putting all my faith in Berdych.

Desperate times.
They played only 2 games :lol:.

When you have the level of tennis understanding that I do, 2 games is more than enough :shrug:

wilmar
05-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Is there a particular reason why they don't put the "to-be-completed" matches first on the schedule of play and rather start with a new match? it makes no sense to me
fingers crossed Nadal can complete his match later today...

also, will further rain delays affect players who have played on the first day and say, have their next match like four five days later....will they feel like they lost the momentum? or treat it like a first round match?

Alex999
05-28-2008, 01:59 AM

Desperate times.

When you have the level of tennis understanding that I do, 2 games is more than enough :shrug:

I guess I'm not as smart as you are :(. I need to see more than 2 games to say that a player is impressive :).

knightsky
05-28-2008, 02:40 AM

Desperate times.
My faith is all in Mathieu. Knowing what a headcase he is, that's probably even more desperate. But I'm dying to see the sideshow - French crowd vs Djokovic family.

Clay Death
05-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Is there a particular reason why they don't put the "to-be-completed" matches first on the schedule of play and rather start with a new match? it makes no sense to me
fingers crossed Nadal can complete his match later today...

also, will further rain delays affect players who have played on the first day and say, have their next match like four five days later....will they feel like they lost the momentum? or treat it like a first round match?

roland garros officials and wimby official despise the Clay Monster. they are sick bastards who have nothing better to do than to help Fed as much as they can.

Merton
05-28-2008, 03:03 AM
What injury? Muscle soreness is not an injury, if there was an injury Nadal would not be practicing. :shrug:

TheSwissMaster
05-28-2008, 06:13 AM
The muscle strain he got in Hamburg was still bothering him for a bit (nothing really serious) when entering Paris. That's why he also asked for a later start.

now comeon man stop making excuses for your beloved one. if he was injured, he wouldn't have run there for 3 sets. even eng commentators mentioned that rafa looks ashamed now after taking the timeout as he isnt doing his regular fist pumping (or whatever u call), bcz he is running alright (and all of a sudden winning).

it was more of a strain from going down 1-5, nothingelse.:shrug:

KitinovRules
05-28-2008, 08:11 AM
My faith is all in Mathieu. Knowing what a headcase he is, that's probably even more desperate. But I'm dying to see the sideshow - French crowd vs Djokovic family.
Unfortunately, choking proportions of PHM gives us no hope that he will even come to the point that he could play to Faker.
This Faker last RG went through the semis without beating anyone inside top50.
This year is even worse. He plays in the 2nd round some 200+ guy!!!
What a lucky ass

Castafiore
05-28-2008, 08:29 AM
now comeon man stop making excuses for your beloved one. if he was injured, he wouldn't have run there for 3 sets.
Did you read that post before hitting the reply button or are you only jumping on a "stop making such a big deal out of it, you silly rafatards :baby: " bandwagon?" because it's the fun thing to do?

Read again
1. Where in here does Karin say that a muscle strain is an injury?
2. Did you miss the "nothing really serious" bit in that post?

Claiming this to be an injury would be false, that's true, but I don't quite understand why some posters insist in saying that a player is physically 100% and perfectly fine unless they have to carry him off court with the ambulance at the ready?

He didn't have a real injury - that's true - but he did have a muscle strain which was not really something serious but it still required some rest: he could not train for a couple of days and he had to start slow, gradually building it up. That's also the reason why Nadal was said to have asked to not start on a Sunday.
(note: this is not typed out of a request to ask for sympathy for poor little Rafito but it's a matter of fact: he had a muscle strain which needed to rest in between Hamburg and RG. He indicated that he's physically fine now, so case closed as far as I am concerned).

bokehlicious
05-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Hilde, Rafa is NEVER 100% :rolleyes: or at least he hasn't been for years... :zzz: (knees, blisters, pain in the arse, etc...)

Sunset of Age
05-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Did you read that post before hitting the reply button or are you only jumping on a "stop making such a big deal out of it, you silly rafatards :baby: " bandwagon?" because it's the fun thing to do?

Read again

Claiming this to be an injury would be false, that's true, but I don't quite understand why some posters insist in saying that a player is physically 100% and perfectly fine unless they have to carry him off court with the ambulance at the ready?

He didn't have a real injury - that's true - but he did have a muscle strain which was not really something serious but it still required some rest: he could not train for a couple of days and he had to start slow, gradually building it up. That's also the reason why Nadal was said to have asked to not start on a Sunday.
(note: this is not typed out of a request to ask for sympathy for poor little Rafito but it's a matter of fact: he had a muscle strain which needed to rest in between Hamburg and RG. He indicated that he's physically fine now, so case closed as far as I am concerned).

Well said, Hilde. :yeah:

Looks like we have a new full-blown delusional Fedtard on the board, in classical fashion claiming that anyone who posts in favour of Raf (or just points out the truth) is a Rafatard... :haha:

TheSwissMaster
05-28-2008, 04:12 PM

Read again

love the way, a rafa fan changes the meaning of a word in defense of his beloved one.
anyhow whether strain muscle is an injury or not isn't a major issue here and neither does it changes the fact that its still an excuse.

TheSwissMaster
05-28-2008, 04:13 PM

thats your opinion which i respect, i've given my opinion here and before and i standby it.
so im not going to argue here as its not going to change ur mind so its pointless.

cheers

l_mac
05-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Idiot posts + typo in sig + random rubbish in sig = deliberate troll.

~*BGT*~
05-28-2008, 05:18 PM
TheSwissMaster is really :cuckoo: isn't he?

Roland9
05-28-2008, 05:40 PM
These delays might be just what therapists ordered for MTF's mental state.

elessar
05-28-2008, 05:42 PM

I sense you warming up to the craziness of MTF :hug:

habibko
05-28-2008, 05:56 PM

addictive once you get used to it :devil:

all -tards :smash: :baby:

Lee
05-28-2008, 05:57 PM

Not a single thread on GM today is interesting. We want rain delay :mad:

Roland9
05-28-2008, 06:03 PM

:hug: I did, I think I see the bright side of it now - it's pure comedy. :lol:

TheSwissMaster
05-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Idiot posts + typo in sig + random rubbish in sig = deliberate troll= rafatard.
:shrug:

check ur own sig

TheSwissMaster
05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
TheSwissMaster is really :cuckoo: isn't he?

a foolish calling another foolish :worship:

crazy isnt it?

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
love the way, a rafa fan changes the meaning of a word in defense of his beloved one.
anyhow whether strain muscle is an injury or not isn't a major issue here and neither does it changes the fact that its still an excuse.

I have Mono is the excuse which keeps on giving.

Federer is the cheater not Nadal.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
a foolish calling another foolish :worship:

crazy isnt it?

Yeah I guess its like dumb and dumber :p