Western Conference Final -Game 4 (27/5) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Western Conference Final -Game 4 (27/5)

sports freak
05-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Taking the Spurs!!

60 units on San Antonio Spurs -4pts over Los Angeles Lakers - No Brainer,the Champs are a different team at home,Lakers lucky to get home advantage which will be the difference in the end!!

Good luck!!

Finns4
05-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Taking the Spurs!!

60 units on San Antonio Spurs -4pts over Los Angeles Lakers - No Brainer,the Champs are a different team at home,Lakers lucky to get home advantage which will be the difference in the end!!

Good luck!!

Dito 3 units

its.like.that
05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
:lol:

60 units for one man, is 3 units for another.

Gamblore
05-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Lakers v Spurs OVER 192

Connecticut v Fever OVER 143

Lakers +4.5 v Spurs

gl

betowiec
05-27-2008, 11:43 PM
lakeshow@2.6

bad gambler
05-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Lakers v Spurs OVER 192

Connecticut v Fever OVER 143

Lakers +4.5 v Spurs

gl

That WNBA total is 5 points lower all the totals available :confused:

bad gambler
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Lakeshow to cover +4.5 v Spurs

gl

betowiec
05-28-2008, 03:42 AM
lakeshow@2.6

lake$how

bad gambler
05-28-2008, 04:50 AM
Lakeshow to cover +4.5 v Spurs

gl

win

Gamblore
05-28-2008, 06:01 AM
That WNBA total is 5 points lower all the totals available :confused:

It opened at 143 and i thought the game started monday:o. Looks like Con got slammed today.

Finns4
05-28-2008, 06:14 AM
:lol:

60 units for one man, is 3 units for another.

I dont think a $6k loss would of been a good start to today if it was 60 units.

LOSS

its.like.that
05-28-2008, 08:38 AM
I dont think a $6k loss would of been a good start to today if it was 60 units.

LOSS

Somehow I don't think freak bet 6 grand on that game either. :unsure:

jayjay
05-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Good screwjob on the Spurs last night. They didn't play well at all, but Barry should have been on the line for 3.

SwiSha
05-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Good screwjob on the Spurs last night. They didn't play well at all, but Barry should have been on the line for 3.

it was a good no call, you will not see refs calling that in the playoffs no way, plus that whole foul in the act of shooting in tha NBA is a joke,Fisher jumped on the fake not when he was shooting, he did put the ball on the floor after that and was trying to gain some room, he realized that he should have taken advantage of the fake in the first place...Barry himself will tell you that no call in the playoffs

its.like.that
05-28-2008, 03:36 PM
No he won't.

There shouldn't be one set of rules for regular season games and a different set for finals.

SwiSha
05-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh yes he will

"That's not going to get called in the Western Conference finals,'' Barry said. "Maybe in the regular season. But that call shouldn't be called in the Western Conference finals.''

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said: "If I was the official I wouldn't have called that a foul.''

jayjay
05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
it was a good no call, you will not see refs calling that in the playoffs no way, plus that whole foul in the act of shooting in tha NBA is a joke,Fisher jumped on the fake not when he was shooting, he did put the ball on the floor after that and was trying to gain some room, he realized that he should have taken advantage of the fake in the first place...Barry himself will tell you that no call in the playoffs

You will not see refs call it because many of them are gutless. It's a foul. Just like ILT said, they would call it in the regular season but not the playoffs. Why? Where does it say in the rule book that a foul in the regular season is not a foul in the playoffs. It's one of those BS unwritten rules that people claim that actually has no basis or foundation.

Ginobili and Duncan think differently. It was a foul, but maybe Barry didn't sell it enough.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A0wNdbsijT1I5RIAyAU5nYcB?slug=jy-lalsasgamefour052808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

SwiSha
05-28-2008, 09:35 PM
You will not see refs call it because many of them are gutless. It's a foul. Just like ILT said, they would call it in the regular season but not the playoffs. Why? Where does it say in the rule book that a foul in the regular season is not a foul in the playoffs. It's one of those BS unwritten rules that people claim that actually has no basis or foundation.

Ginobili and Duncan think differently. It was a foul, but maybe Barry didn't sell it enough.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A0wNdbsijT1I5RIAyAU5nYcB?slug=jy-lalsasgamefour052808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I dont agree with you about the refs being gutless, come playoffs the intensity of the game rises and defense gets harder, if u think this was a foul, by that standard Jordan should have had 100 FTs every playoff game against the Pistons and Knicks back in the day, it has always been like that season and playoffs are different, some things do not need to be in a rule book or need a basis or foundation jay, almost every player in the NBA knows that in the playoffs u wont get the pussy fouls or cheap ones like in the regular season and i like it that way tbh, i play ball since i was 9, on important matches the refs are adjusting to the players being more aggressive and having more energy..so they are letting more go

about Manu and Duncan, well i love Ginobili till death but both of these players are great floppers and sellers( Manu probably the best in the business, i actually think he reinvented that stuff, it is a european thing, u see Calderon Rudy and Navarro do that every time..) so its not a shock that they think different, especially Duncan, we all know the Crawford story

u may be right about Barry not selling it enough, i watched it again, i think they would have called a foul if he had actually shot the ball immediately, but he faked it, Fisher jumped there was contact, Brent took the shot after that

jayjay
05-28-2008, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=Johnny Drama;7111887]I dont agree with you about the refs being gutless, come playoffs the intensity of the game rises and defense gets harder, if u think this was a foul, by that standard Jordan should have had 100 FTs every playoff game against the Pistons and Knicks back in the day, it has always been like that season and playoffs are different,

Come on, Swish. If that incident had happened with 8.12 left in the 2Q and Barry went to the line for 3, I doubt you would have complained.

It's only because it is the last play of the game that everyone seems to think you can get away with more than you should. If it's a foul, it's a foul.

some things do not need to be in a rule book or need a basis or foundation jay, almost every player in the NBA knows that in the playoffs u wont get the pussy fouls or cheap ones like in the regular season and i like it that way tbh, i play ball since i was 9, on important matches the refs are adjusting to the players being more aggressive and having more energy..so they are letting more go

That's true but those aren't the rules.

Just like we knew Maxi Rodriguez wouldn't be given a penalty in the last minute of ET in Germany after being cut down by Lahm. Why? Because it's the last minute of the WC QF in Germany and unless Maxi Rodriguez got shot we were never going to get a penalty.

It doesn't make it any less a penalty, it just means that officials are scared to make calls that late it any game, any sport for fear of getting it wrong. Hence the 'no call' attitude. Let's just make no call so we can't get the criticism if we are wrong. Unfortunately this is a part of sport none of us can do anything about. It is human nature and I'm sure difficult for any official late in a game when there are so many eyes on the action.

Ultimately, I don't think the Spurs deserved to win, but that doesn't even matter. They should have been at the line and could have won a game they didn't deserve.

about Manu and Duncan, well i love Ginobili till death but both of these players are great floppers and sellers( Manu probably the best in the business, i actually think he reinvented that stuff, it is a european thing, u see Calderon Rudy and Navarro do that every time..) so its not a shock that they think different, especially Duncan, we all know the Crawford story

I'll be surprised if when you saw the replay you didn't think it was a foul. But if you tell me that I'll take you for your word.

u may be right about Barry not selling it enough, i watched it again, i think they would have called a foul if he had actually shot the ball immediately, but he faked it, Fisher jumped there was contact, Brent took the shot after that

Maybe. I think Fisher was pretty dumb for even getting into a situation where a foul might have been called, but he got away with it.

Spurs are just going to have to go to LA and get the win and take this to 7 (cos if they win game 5, I'm sure they'll be going back to LA for game 7).

SwiSha
05-28-2008, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE]

Come on, Swish. If that incident had happened with 8.12 left in the 2Q and Barry went to the line for 3, I doubt you would have complained.

It's only because it is the last play of the game that everyone seems to think you can get away with more than you should. If it's a foul, it's a foul.

you are wrong here, i would have, flopping is as big as it gets right now, i have never seen so many players trying to cheat with acting performances since i followed the NBA, its about selling it and Barry did a poor job doing that, i see what u getting at but i can assure you though no matter if its in the 1st Q or last minute my judgement is the same

[QUOTE]
That's true but those aren't the rules.

Just like we knew Maxi Rodriguez wouldn't be given a penalty in the last minute of ET in Germany after being cut down by Lahm. Why? Because it's the last minute of the WC QF in Germany and unless Maxi Rodriguez got shot we were never going to get a penalty.

It doesn't make it any less a penalty, it just means that officials are scared to make calls that late it any game, any sport for fear of getting it wrong. Hence the 'no call' attitude. Let's just make no call so we can't get the criticism if we are wrong. Unfortunately this is a part of sport none of us can do anything about. It is human nature and I'm sure difficult for any official late in a game when there are so many eyes on the action.

Ultimately, I don't think the Spurs deserved to win, but that doesn't even matter. They should have been at the line and could have won a game they didn't deserve.

again i cant say i agree, i know what u mean but i dont think the refs are gutless making the good or bad call deciding the game, NBA refs are real time pros and over the years i have seen a lot of calls in the last minute that decided games, of course it is human nature and people fear to make a mistake and getting it wrong, still i have watched a lof of nba games and i cant say that i feel these refs are afraid to call the contact in deciding moments, this is only for NBA though i dunno about other sports
in fact i can say the NBA refs are the best in the world, they let players talk to you and explain their decisions, you would never see such things in Europe
[QUOTE]
I'll be surprised if when you saw the replay you didn't think it was a foul. But if you tell me that I'll take you for your word.

i dont think i said it was not a foul, its a no call atm,,, basically because he did not sell it enough and so this may sound stupid but he didnt deserve it that call at that moment, imagine Fish would have called for a foul on the ground, Brent still made the extra dribble and step and hit the three but would just get 2 Fts instead of the 3 pointer, SA players would have been upset as hell for not letting it go.. as a ball player i just can relate to that play and can say hey thats a no call right there, even when it looked like one.. Brent just should have shot the ball when the contact was there, he went away from it

[QUOTE]
Maybe. I think Fisher was pretty dumb for even getting into a situation where a foul might have been called, but he got away with it.

Spurs are just going to have to go to LA and get the win and take this to 7 (cos if they win game 5, I'm sure they'll be going back to LA for game 7).

Derek was stupid as hell on that play, cant agree more

u can never count the Champs out but the one thing that worries me about them its the mental mistakes they have been making in these playoffs,getting blown out so many times on the road in the PO is very uncharateristic for a veteran team, the 3rd Q letdowns in NO then the 20 point lead blow in G1 were really awful imo

bad gambler
05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Spurs won't win twice in LA.

That game 1 was basically the death nell for them, for such a veteran laden team I am staggered they blew a 20 point lead.

SwiSha
05-28-2008, 10:58 PM

That game 1 was basically the death nell for them, for such a veteran laden team I am staggered they blew a 20 point lead.

exactly, this was very surprising to me as well to see the SPurs blow their lead in basically 2 minutes at the end of the 3rd Q when LA went for a 14-0 run in no time

even all these 3rd Q relapses in NO were very uncharateristic for such a veteran team, especially when u see that in all the games they lead at HT

jayjay
05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
you are wrong here, i would have, flopping is as big as it gets right now, i have never seen so many players trying to cheat with acting performances since i followed the NBA, its about selling it and Barry did a poor job doing that, i see what u getting at but i can assure you though no matter if its in the 1st Q or last minute my judgement is the same

Fair enough. ;)

again i cant say i agree, i know what u mean but i dont think the refs are gutless making the good or bad call deciding the game, NBA refs are real time pros and over the years i have seen a lot of calls in the last minute that decided games, of course it is human nature and people fear to make a mistake and getting it wrong, still i have watched a lof of nba games and i cant say that i feel these refs are afraid to call the contact in deciding moments, this is only for NBA though i dunno about other sports
in fact i can say the NBA refs are the best in the world, they let players talk to you and explain their decisions, you would never see such things in Europe

You may be right. I don't know that there are any great across the board refs in any sport. I see more bad officials than not, that's for sure.

i dont think i said it was not a foul, its a no call atm,,, basically because he did not sell it enough and so this may sound stupid but he didnt deserve it that call at that moment

You are contradicting yourself a little there though, to be fair. On the one hand you are saying players are 'flopping' too much, and then you're saying if he flopped he'd have got the call.

Well if that's the only way you can get a big call, then you can hardly blame players for flopping, no?

It's like in football, the amount of times you see a player have his shirt pulled in the box but the ref won't even think about giving a penalty unless the player goes to ground. Then people complain that players go to ground too much and don't take into account that refs don't usually give penalties when you are still on your feet even though it is still a blatant foul.

Brent just should have shot the ball when the contact was there, he went away from it

I agree. But I guess he thought, like you, that he is going to have to get executed to get a foul called, so he had to put it up otherwise people would say 'why didn't you even try to get off a clean shot?'

Derek was stupid as hell on that play, cant agree more

He's very lucky. He should have cost his team the game, that would have been huge in this series if the Spurs had won that game from being 9 down with 90 seconds to play?

u can never count the Champs out but the one thing that worries me about them its the mental mistakes they have been making in these playoffs,getting blown out so many times on the road in the PO is very uncharateristic for a veteran team, the 3rd Q letdowns in NO then the 20 point lead blow in G1 were really awful imo

It's difficult to see them doing it, but like anything, you just have to take it a a game at a time.

Can the Spurs win game 5? Yes.

If they win game 5, can they win game 6? Yes.

If they win game 6, can they win game 7? Yes.

Alot of teams I think get caught up in these situations being 2-0 down, or 3-1 down and play the match the wrong way and think they need to win 2 or 3 games in one night. It's just one match the Spurs need to win and they already proved in game 1 that they can go to LA and be dominant, they just didn't finish the job.

It's clear though that not getting it to 2-2 is a near fatal blow for the Spurs. To have won that game with Ginobili being non-existant and Duncan having a poor game also from the field would have been a huge boost for the Spurs that could have carried them through the series.

They are probably the only team that could come back from a defecit like this, so we'll see what they come up with. Lakers have looked the better and deeper team in the series, but they still have to finish the job.

What really annoyed me about last night was that the Spurs kept coming back but could never get ahead and if you look at the shot selection on the chances they had to go ahead - it was dreadful. On one of them Parker had to take a 3. :rolleyes: On another Bruce Bowen was left with a 15 footer and so on.

You're probably right, but if anyone can, they can.

SwiSha
05-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Fair enough. ;)
You are contradicting yourself a little there though, to be fair. On the one hand you are saying players are 'flopping' too much, and then you're saying if he flopped he'd have got the call.

Well if that's the only way you can get a big call, then you can hardly blame players for flopping, no?

let me say it like this, there are legitimate foul contacts where flopping makes it okay and more obvious to the ref....

but then again there is good hard fought defense or fighting for a ball where flopping is a crime ;), i am especially against these kinda floppings, watch Ginobili in Game 1 when he missed the 3 and then tried to get a foul when he was fighting for the ball with Odom Bryant and Vujacic,... ridiculous flop

SwiSha
05-28-2008, 11:29 PM
It's difficult to see them doing it, but like anything, you just have to take it a a game at a time.

Can the Spurs win game 5? Yes.

If they win game 5, can they win game 6? Yes.

If they win game 6, can they win game 7? Yes.

Alot of teams I think get caught up in these situations being 2-0 down, or 3-1 down and play the match the wrong way and think they need to win 2 or 3 games in one night. It's just one match the Spurs need to win and they already proved in game 1 that they can go to LA and be dominant, they just didn't finish the job.

It's clear though that not getting it to 2-2 is a near fatal blow for the Spurs. To have won that game with Ginobili being non-existant and Duncan having a poor game also from the field would have been a huge boost for the Spurs that could have carried them through the series.

They are probably the only team that could come back from a defecit like this, so we'll see what they come up with. Lakers have looked the better and deeper team in the series, but they still have to finish the job.

What really annoyed me about last night was that the Spurs kept coming back but could never get ahead and if you look at the shot selection on the chances they had to go ahead - it was dreadful. On one of them Parker had to take a 3. :rolleyes: On another Bruce Bowen was left with a 15 footer and so on.

well put here, plus we should not forget that is still a very young Laker team, so if the Spurs win the next game it will be interesting to see how the team will deal with that,

it is tough to see Spurs coming back but like u said if there is a team that can do it its the SAS, right now its a 1 game series for the Spurs and they will have to show the sense of urgency right from the start, one thing is sure Manu needs to step up, they wont win in LA with Manu playing like he did in G1 G2 or G4

an off night from Kobe could help but it is hard to see the best player in the world having one of those